PDA

View Full Version : Louis Moult rejects Hibs

theonlywayisup
12-12-2017, 06:05 PM
According to the Sun and Daily Record.

PRESTON have won the race to sign in-demand Motherwell striker Louis Moult. Rangers, Hibs and several clubs down south had been chasing the free-scoring English frontman. ... But SunSport understands Alex Neil has persuaded him to pen a pre-contract with the Championship side.

givescotlandfreedom
12-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Good player but probably a lot of cash in the EFL.

Thecat23
12-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Can’t you only reject a team once they put in an actual bid? Hibs never once done that. We asked about him that’s it!

hibbyfraelibby
12-12-2017, 06:15 PM
It's the ****, sorry, Sun. They make things up you know.

Finn2015
12-12-2017, 07:07 PM
Probably went along the lines of:-

Hibs- Fancy Easter Road Louis?
Moult- No
Hibs- your loss. Cheerio

Dashing Bob S
12-12-2017, 07:09 PM
Good player but probably a lot of cash in the EFL.

Moult has a mountain to climb to make it in England.

DarlingtonHibee
12-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Quote I saw was £10K per week.

cabbageandribs1875
12-12-2017, 07:19 PM
so, the headline could really be

'louis moult rejects the rangers' it's rumoured that hibs and several other clubs were possibly interested as well

JohnMcM
12-12-2017, 07:27 PM

Really!
That's a lot of money for someone who has so far only made a mark up here against some poorly organised defences.

DarlingtonHibee
12-12-2017, 07:31 PM
Really!
That's a lot of money for someone who has so far only made a mark up here against some poorly organised defences.

Daily record quote, we just can't compete.

basehibby
12-12-2017, 07:39 PM
Well it was a long shot but glad to see we were in there for him - if you don't ask you don't get!

Hillsidehibby
12-12-2017, 07:47 PM
Everest?

I see what you did there! :greengrin

Deansy
12-12-2017, 07:47 PM
It's the ****, sorry, Sun. They make things up you know.

The actual headline is -

'Motherwell star rejects Rangers and Hibs in favour of a move to championship side Preston'.....................'

Imho, he's far too good for them but would never get a game with us ................................ (dedicated to the Huns statement on McInnes !!)

:greengrin

Michael
12-12-2017, 07:49 PM
No chance we were going to get him anyway.

HoboHarry
12-12-2017, 07:52 PM
The actual headline is -

'Motherwell star rejects Rangers and Hibs in favour of a move to championship side Preston'.....................'

Imho, this is by far his best option, concomitant to the attacking abilities of the current Hibernian strike force........

:greengrin
Fixed that for you.......

:wink:

CRAZYHIBBY
12-12-2017, 08:56 PM
No big deal and it weakens our opposition

NAE NOOKIE
13-12-2017, 02:49 AM

Even if its half right that makes us also rans .... I don't know why we even discuss guys like Moult to be honest, just like the guy at Ross County we were talking about at the start of the season, whose name I forget, they are miles out of our reach. The money available down south puts about 50 + clubs ahead of us in the pecking order.

It is possible to get very good players from Scottish clubs, but that has to be on the evidence of what they might be capable of like McGinn and Boyle ... by the time players have started making the headlines like Moult has our chance has gone.

Baader
13-12-2017, 03:59 AM
Would've thought he was out of our price range a while ago. So no surprise.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-12-2017, 05:01 AM
It's only half a story just to say that he has signed for Preston as it needs tarted up to make it interesting. He first and foremost rejected Motherwell. Perhaps the local papers in Preston will list all the English clubs that he rejected also?

Johnny_Leith
13-12-2017, 05:06 AM
I'd be surprised if anyone thought that moult was a viable option for us. If a team in the English championship wants him, they'll outbid us.

It's just clickbait/newspaper sales.

HFCdeb
13-12-2017, 07:07 AM
I'd be surprised if anyone thought that moult was a viable option for us. If a team in the English championship wants him, they'll outbid us.

It's just clickbait/newspaper sales.

This.

Diclonius
13-12-2017, 08:30 AM
After his start to the season we were never going to be in with a chance. It was Summer or bust.

Thecat23
13-12-2017, 08:46 AM
After his start to the season we were never going to be in with a chance. It was Summer or bust.

Bang on.

neil7908
13-12-2017, 08:55 AM
Even if its half right that makes us also rans .... I don't know why we even discuss guys like Moult to be honest, just like the guy at Ross County we were talking about at the start of the season, whose name I forget, they are miles out of our reach. The money available down south puts about 50 + clubs ahead of us in the pecking order.

It is possible to get very good players from Scottish clubs, but that has to be on the evidence of what they might be capable of like McGinn and Boyle ... by the time players have started making the headlines like Moult has our chance has gone.

Absolutely. Morgan at St Mirren is another who has been linked but is now well out with our range.

I don't see anything wrong with the club making discreet enquiries but fans shouldn't be getting unrealistic expectations of our spending power.