PDA

View Full Version : A Realistic valuation of Liam Henderson

Not In The Know
12-12-2017, 04:32 PM
So whats your thought on this. He could potentially be used in a makeweight in a SJM deal.

Personally, Celtic basically don't rate him. They have hardly played him in 18 months. So they will have a cheek to go above £3-400,000

Is he out of contract this summer? if so that figure drops to £100,000

Hibby Kay-Yay
12-12-2017, 04:42 PM
I expect Celtc to protect their development fee so will likely offer him an extension or new contract. As to value I’d reckon the best people to answer that would be any potential buyers.

I’d be disappointed if we paid anything more than £150k tbh. He is not an established 1st team player nor does he have a huge amount of recent game time.

hibbyfraelibby
12-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Why not just swap him for SJM with Sparkie thrown in as a make weight?

Hibee87
12-12-2017, 04:53 PM
Celtic were pulling ridiculous numbers out I believe when we tried last summer. That's why we didn't get him.

we are hibs
12-12-2017, 05:14 PM
Celtic were pulling ridiculous numbers out I believe when we tried last summer. That's why we didn't get him.

Lennon said we'd have went for Henderson had McGinn left in August, would imagine this will be the case if he unfortunately goes in January or we may get him on a free in the summer.

HibbyKeith
12-12-2017, 05:19 PM
Am I right in thinking that if Celtic put an offer of another contract on the same or better terms to LH then any club signing him will be due a development fee to Celtic, even if he doesn't sign the new contract offered?

edit, Just noticed Hibby Kay-Yay has mentioned this above.

southern hibby
12-12-2017, 05:20 PM
Heard from a Celtic fan ( don’t shoot the messenger ) that Celtic will offer 2 Million, then loan him back to us till end of the season and throw in Henderson too as a little sweetener.

I really do hate those Weegie tramps that think a young developing player like Henderson is only worth being called a sweetener.

When asked if Henderson was a permanent or loan deal, he looked at me and answered How the fxxx should I know do I look like I’m on the Celic board.

GGTTH

Col2
12-12-2017, 05:20 PM
Given he hasn’t played all season and out of contract in summerZ realistically Celtic would want £300k but likely to get £150-200k.

If SJM goes then it’s a certainty we get him in my opinion even though he is different player. I could see Hendo, Mallen and N Mcginn coming in. Midfield would still be very strong and along with another striker (always tricky to get) we would be fine. Hibs would want to tie up Dylan as well.

Jack Hackett
12-12-2017, 05:25 PM

I hope the boy is dropping hints about his pre-contract rights. The fact that they've turned down any offers and not started him in any games this season is disgraceful. In his 5 years at Celtc, he's played more games for us than them

we are hibs
12-12-2017, 05:29 PM
Given he hasn’t played all season and out of contract in summerZ realistically Celtic would want £300k but likely to get £150-200k.

If SJM goes then it’s a certainty we get him in my opinion even though he is different player. I could see Hendo, Mallen and N Mcginn coming in. Midfield would still be very strong and along with another striker (always tricky to get) we would be fine. Hibs would want to tie up Dylan as well.

If mcginn goes next month it's absolutely vital that McGeouch doesn't suffer another injury, this is the best run he's been on in terms of fitness for quite some time so fingers crossed he keeps it up

WillowbraeHibby
12-12-2017, 05:37 PM
So whats your thought on this. He could potentially be used in a makeweight in a SJM deal.

Personally, Celtic basically don't rate him. They have hardly played him in 18 months. So they will have a cheek to go above £3-400,000

Is he out of contract this summer? if so that figure drops to £100,000

My own personal thought is around £200.000. Yes I know he has not played much in competitive games, but Celtic will want as much as they can get for him. I believe he would be better off at Hibs, but maybe he may opt for the English championship, if somebody comes calling? Be interesting to see what happens, unless he is happy sitting on his jacksy?

nonshinyfinish
12-12-2017, 05:38 PM
£150k

:hyper

-Jonesy-
12-12-2017, 05:41 PM
£150k

:hyper

We're signing Sparky???

Catch22
12-12-2017, 06:32 PM
Is the Webster ruling relevant in Liam's case?

Billy Whizz
12-12-2017, 06:40 PM

Think Liam falls under the development fee category

Nakedmanoncrack
12-12-2017, 06:41 PM
A reserve team player, nearing end of contract has only minimal sell on value.

Future17
12-12-2017, 06:44 PM

No longer applies I believe. I don't think it applied to under 24s or something anyway.

Brooster
12-12-2017, 06:50 PM
Lennon said we'd have went for Henderson had McGinn left in August, would imagine this will be the case if he unfortunately goes in January or we may get him on a free in the summer.

Hibs did go in for Henderson in the summer but were priced out. For the sake of his career he needs to leave Celtic because he becomes less attractive as a signing as each month passes.

Zazu62
12-12-2017, 06:56 PM
Does he still play football?

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2017, 07:29 PM
He needs first team football, as he's far too good to be stuck in Celtic's development squad. He'd walk into every other team in Scotland. I'd love to see him back.

Jim44
12-12-2017, 07:32 PM
Hibs did go in for Henderson in the summer but were priced out. For the sake of his career he needs to leave Celtic because he becomes less attractive as a signing as each month passes.

:agree: I was initially desperate for us to get Henderson back this season, but gradually, and not due to his fault, his attraction has diminished. I’m now quite indifferent as to if or when he might come available to us. We are moving onwards and upwards and will succeed without a player who has been in the doldrums, or even worse, for a whole season.

JohnMcM
12-12-2017, 07:38 PM
Sorry folks to burst your bubble of positivity, but there is absolutely no way Liam Henderson can come back into our team.

It's bloody common sense you morons.

I mean, for goodness sake, why on earth would we want that guy to deliver two corners, the first to Stokesy and the second to SDG.

:flag:

basehibby
12-12-2017, 07:45 PM
Would love to get Hendo back - a player with a fantastic attitude and bags of ability to match. Still young as well and loads of room for improvement with the 1st team action he'd get at ER

With the dearth of 1st team football allowed him though and with his contract running down, Celtic have surely got to drop their price - £180K would seem about fair to me.

Ozyhibby
12-12-2017, 08:18 PM
Can’t see any clubs paying a fee for a reserve player who has been sitting on the sidelines for 18 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP
12-12-2017, 08:20 PM
Personally I'd like us to bring in Fraser Murray

SirDavidsNapper
12-12-2017, 08:30 PM
Going against the grain here but I think Liams 2 corners in the final has clouded people's judgement a wee bit. Remember he wasn't deemed good enough to start that game. Good player but no better than what we have at the moment.

Not In The Know
12-12-2017, 09:46 PM
When was the last time Celtic sold a Scottish development team player for a significant sum. More I think about it 100,000 max in jan. Even that’s quite steep.

12-12-2017, 10:11 PM
Going against the grain here but I think Liams 2 corners in the final has clouded people's judgement a wee bit. Remember he wasn't deemed good enough to start that game. Good player but no better than what we have at the moment.

It's not just about how good he is compared to what we have at the moment. Liam is only 21, a season or so playing with us under Lennon and he could come on leaps and bounds. Martin Boyle is 3 years older than Liam and he wasn't deemed good enough to come on as a sub in the final. Look at him now.

Jonnyboy
12-12-2017, 10:41 PM
Personally I'd like us to bring in Fraser Murray

Funny you should say that, my mate keeps banging on about Fraser not getting a chance, even from the bench

hibsbollah
12-12-2017, 10:50 PM
We had to pay him £8,500 a week on my fifa career. I paid it anyway.

monktonharp
12-12-2017, 10:56 PM

If SJM goes then it’s a certainty we get him in my opinion even though he is different player. I could see Hendo, Mallen and N Mcginn coming in. Midfield would still be very strong and along with another striker (always tricky to get) we would be fine. Hibs would want to tie up Dylan as well.where you getting this Mallen idea from? he went Sooth, wi big bucks naw?

superfurryhibby
12-12-2017, 10:58 PM

Neither were Boyle or Bartley?

monktonharp
12-12-2017, 11:01 PM
He needs first team football, as he's far too good to be stuck in Celtic's development squad. He'd walk into every other team in Scotland. I'd love to see him back.I would too, problem being, he couldnae lace McGinn's bits. still think SJM is here until the End of the season though unless a panic stricken championship club down south offers silly money.

truehibernian
12-12-2017, 11:02 PM
Would love to see him sign for us but as far as valuations go he hasn't kicked a ball in anger in two seasons - so for me I wouldn't be bidding anything for Liam - he's not played football hence there is no current realistic valuation. On the contrary, I'd be looking for him to negotiate his own release and sign for the middle of a doughnut :aok: if you drill down into his career thus far he has played for a Scandic team for a half season, and a Scottish Championship side - does that merit a huge price tag (take away the emotional valuation we all have) ?

Badly advised, badly managed by Celtic, and a true true talent that should never ever be sitting in stands or playing in a development side at his age and especially with his talent.

I'd now want him on a free to be honest and for him to absolutely prove himself (again).

NAE NOOKIE
12-12-2017, 11:14 PM
A player with massive potential and loved at Easter Road ... but lets put that aside.

Celtic don't rate him enough to give him a consistent run, even in a team that had put the league to bed with a quarter of the season to go last year.

He is now 21 years of age and has a relatively meagre 8 under 21 caps for Scotland.

He is coming to the end of his contract at Celtic and IMO if he has any ambition at all he will refuse to sign a new one.

All that adds up to a player worth no more than £100,000 .... at the very very most £150,000. To suggest he would be used as a makeweight in a deal for SJM with us getting £2,500,000 in cash, as I've seen suggested elsewhere, is laughable.

SirDavidsNapper
12-12-2017, 11:14 PM

Good point

Pete
12-12-2017, 11:31 PM

Stubbs fringe players who improved have immeasurably/forced their way into the reckoning under two managers since season 15/16.

It makes you wonder how Liam would have developed had he been with us since then. It's a shame that he's went backwards through lack of first team football but there's still time for him and I reckon he could develop into something special.

It's funny how we saw losing Allen as a big blow and had to be content with McGinn and an on-loan Henderson. Similarly, could losing McGinn open doors for others, such as a returning Henderson, a new signing or players like Slivka to really shine?

heidtheba
12-12-2017, 11:40 PM
If McGinn goes to anyone other than Celtic, the price they will want for Henderson will rocket. We'll have money in our pockets and they'll know many of us see Henderson as an ideal replacement. They'll also know that he's seen, in many ways, as a legend at the club and his 'good vibes' will help offset some of the unhappiness some will feel when McGinn goes.

monktonharp
12-12-2017, 11:48 PM
I don't see him as an ideal replacement for Mc Ginn. Madden, yes but he is already on big money down south, and I cant even name the club he is with. Henderson, I'd love to see him back with us but there were times against the likes of Raith when he was frustrating. doing all the good stuff on the wing etc then just not doing what was expected. forever a legend, for the cup win and hope he can be back, performing like that day. we know he has it in him, but he still has to prove it to himself that he can do it consistently.

jakedance
12-12-2017, 11:51 PM
Sign the laddie up, even if it’s just to take corners.

CMurdoch
13-12-2017, 12:26 AM
Would love to see him sign for us but as far as valuations go he hasn't kicked a ball in anger in two seasons - so for me I wouldn't be bidding anything for Liam - he's not played football hence there is no current realistic valuation. On the contrary, I'd be looking for him to negotiate his own release and sign for the middle of a doughnut :aok: if you drill down into his career thus far he has played for a Scandic team for a half season, and a Scottish Championship side - does that merit a huge price tag (take away the emotional valuation we all have) ?

Badly advised, badly managed by Celtic, and a true true talent that should never ever be sitting in stands or playing in a development side at his age and especially with his talent.

I'd now want him on a free to be honest and for him to absolutely prove himself (again).

Good post.
The guy has barely played 1st team football for 18 months.
He should tell them that if they offer him a contract he will sign it. Given they don't want him, hopefully that would convince them just to let him go for nought.

Col2
13-12-2017, 12:51 AM
where you getting this Mallen idea from? he went Sooth, wi big bucks naw?

Just speculating. He went down south but has not played. Must be under consideration for loan or transfer IMO

The_Horde
13-12-2017, 01:39 AM

Here we go again with the Henderson wasn't a starter myth. Check the facts. He started in most of our games that season and the only reason he didn't start in that game was purely tactical.

Hibernia&Alba
13-12-2017, 02:09 AM
Stubbs fringe players who improved have immeasurably/forced their way into the reckoning under two managers since season 15/16.

It makes you wonder how Liam would have developed had he been with us since then. It's a shame that he's went backwards through lack of first team football but there's still time for him and I reckon he could develop into something special.

It's funny how we saw losing Allen as a big blow and had to be content with McGinn and an on-loan Henderson. Similarly, could losing McGinn open doors for others, such as a returning Henderson, a new signing or players like Slivka to really shine?

Good question. If we get a good fee for McGee plus a player like Henderson, we'd be in good condition.

seanshow
13-12-2017, 02:30 AM
The price for SJM starts at 5 million hard cash to celtic or more likely an english club,and then we can talk about player swaps or deal incentives.

basehibby
13-12-2017, 03:46 AM
Here we go again with the Henderson wasn't a starter myth. Check the facts. He started in most of our games that season and the only reason he didn't start in that game was purely tactical.

:agree: We had a strong midfield in which Henderson started more than half the games that season I would say.

BSEJVT
13-12-2017, 07:56 AM
Funny you should say that, my mate keeps banging on about Fraser not getting a chance, even from the bench

I think Fraser will go on and do well in years to come but IMO he is nowhere near ready for the hurly burly of the SPL at this stage of his development.

When he has been pitched in against SPL sides he has to me looked a bit timid and fearful.

I would much rather like Shaw we brought him through gradually at a point he is physically able to deal with it.

He has a lot of ability but IMO isn't ready for first team football yet.

Our preferred midfield sub these days is Slivka and it is impossible to argue that he shouldn't be ahead of Fraser at this point.

Bishop Hibee
13-12-2017, 08:00 AM
I’d prefer to wait until the summer and bid for Ryan Christie.

J-C
13-12-2017, 08:10 AM
Too many mentioning getting him for free in the summer, that won't happen, Celtic will offer him a similar deal to protect their investment in him. I'd expect a fee of around £250-300k for his services.

GoalsMcGinley
13-12-2017, 09:12 AM

Been very disappointed recently but just needs to bide his time. He will get a chance. Potentially a cracking player. Reminds me of Pat McGinlay in the way he breaks beyond the strikers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
13-12-2017, 09:15 AM
I can see young Fraser going on loan in January to get him more game time, weĺl down the pecking order right now.

calumhibee1
13-12-2017, 09:50 AM
Too many mentioning getting him for free in the summer, that won't happen, Celtic will offer him a similar deal to protect their investment in him. I'd expect a fee of around £250-300k for his services.

If Celtic do that and they’re expecting that kind of money then they’re going to end up just being saddled with an extra wage. Nobody is going to pay that for him.

C Feeney-Seale
13-12-2017, 09:54 AM
Sign the laddie up, even if it’s just to take corners.

Liam Henderson to deliver....

Never gets old :flag::flag::flag:

Souter96Mac
13-12-2017, 10:08 AM
Would hate to see McGinn at Celtic, would much rather he went down south. Probably unlikely to get as good a deal if he does go down south however. Difficult one, I suppose I just don't want us to sell him to that lot, and then him have a stormer against us on my birthday in January :'(

greenlex
13-12-2017, 12:23 PM

We offerhim less as a signing on fee and he will tell Celtic to bolt.

JDHibs
13-12-2017, 12:30 PM
Asking for a realistic price for someone on a football forum just open a can of worms.

How much is hendo worth? No idea, how much someone is willing to pay for him? Isnt getting a game at Celtic, no where near the first team. We have drawn with them twice in the league this season, is he good enough for us? Hard to say, he isnt a replacement for Mcginn as they are different players.

Much is McGinn worth? No idea, how much is someone willing to pay and how much are Hibs willing to sell for? Itll be miles below what hes worth. Same as Cummings.

Is Lennon even in for him? God knows.

J-C
13-12-2017, 12:30 PM
We offerhim less as a signing on fee and he will tell Celtic to bolt.

If Celtic offer him a contract the same as he's on they'll get a development fee, he's been at Celtic since 2008 ( 12 years old ), I cannot see Celtic allowing him to leave for nothing considering they've put all that time and effort into developing him.

Our only bet is come to an agreement with Celtic re a fee which is good for both parties, maybe £100K plus 15% sell on, if he leaves in the summer the Dev fee kicks in which might be nearer £250-300K

MyJo
13-12-2017, 12:46 PM
If Celtic offer him a contract the same as he's on they'll get a development fee, he's been at Celtic since 2008 ( 12 years old ), I cannot see Celtic allowing him to leave for nothing considering they've put all that time and effort into developing him.

Our only bet is come to an agreement with Celtic re a fee which is good for both parties, maybe £100K plus 15% sell on, if he leaves in the summer the Dev fee kicks in which might be nearer £250-300K

or they forgo thier development fee in return for a percentage of any future transfer fee like St Mirren did with McGinn which is looking likely to work out well in thier favour when McGinn does eventually move on.

If Celtic do offer him a new contract then its a bit of a spiteful move that will make it more difficult for him to kick on with his career. They have already priced him out of a move with unrealistic demands over the last couple of years and they will likely do the same with any development fee putting off teams from signing him when they don't know what its going to cost at a tribunal.

CRAZYHIBBY
13-12-2017, 12:59 PM
150,000 to 200,000 would be realistic
.. he's not played many if any first team games since leaving us

Stuart93
13-12-2017, 01:24 PM
This is where the development fee thing annoys me...the player could be stuck there until Celtic decide not to offer him a new contract

Nutmegged
13-12-2017, 02:41 PM
In an ideal world Liam would go out on loan in January and sign for us in the Summer, he's a very talented player but hopefully we'll be going gor a European place and the Scottish Cup in the second half of the season and I think it would be a bit to much to ask to expect him to come here, possibly to replace our best player and hit the ground running having barely kicked a ball in the last 18 months, I'd worry that if he came here and we started to struggle the focus would be on him and his role in that struggle.

ancient hibee
13-12-2017, 03:56 PM
I’m amazed at some of the figures being tossed around.It’s very rare for a six figure fee to be paid for any player in Scotland by a club outside the OF.The idea that we would pay one for a 21/22 year old who has hardly played for anyone for a couple of seasons is daft.