#Motherwell 6165
#Dundee 6115
#PartickThistle 5079
#Kilmarnock 4790
#RossCounty 4781
#StJohnstone 4287
#Hamilton 3250.

#SPFL

Just saw this on Twitter. Our crowds this season have been amazing. Keep it going and we should be able to afford a consistently higher standard of player than most of the rest of the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallumLaidlaw
12-12-2017, 09:48 AM
Wonder what Hearts average would be if you removed 10.5k of the 14k Rangers fans that attended Murrayfield, and 3.5k of the 7k Aberdeen fans that attended.

bigwheel
12-12-2017, 09:52 AM
Wonder what Hearts average would be if you removed 10.5k of the 14k Rangers fans that attended Murrayfield, and 3.5k of the 7k Aberdeen fans that attended.

if just counting league games - would go down to about 17700...

Peevemor
12-12-2017, 09:54 AM

17,724 (I think)

Ozyhibby
12-12-2017, 09:57 AM
Their crowd for Motherwell game on sat was about 15k. I would expect is to get about 17k for a Motherwell fixture this season.
If we keep this up then it will be the highest attendances since 1957.
http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/club_records_league_attendance.php

CMurdoch
12-12-2017, 11:02 AM
Noticed that poor Hamilton only had 1,500 at Saturdays game against St Johnstone
How can they survive on that

The_Exile
12-12-2017, 11:13 AM
Noticed that poor Hamilton only had 1,500 at Saturdays game against St Johnstone

Was just about to post the same, that's brutal that. Fair play to them for managing to compete with what will be a fairly low income through the gates.

jgl07
12-12-2017, 11:49 AM
Their crowd for Motherwell game on sat was about 15k. I would expect is to get about 17k for a Motherwell fixture this season.

Hibs had 17,335 for the visit of Motherwell.

Hearts have averaged around 16,000 for their five matches at Tynecastle but 25,211 for the three matches at Murrayfield. Hibs are averaging over 18,000 for seven home matches with another 20,000 plus crowd to come on Wednesday.

houstonhibbee
12-12-2017, 12:19 PM
http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/club_records_league_attendance.php

Wonder why crowds doubled from pre ww2 to post ww2

greenpaper55
12-12-2017, 12:28 PM
I think there was more spending money in your pocket post WW2 but with very little to spend it on, rationing didn't stop until 1953-1954

Jack Hackett
12-12-2017, 12:30 PM
Another interesting stat from that link... this seasons lowest attendance (16,633) is the 2nd highest in our history, being beaten only in our last League winning season (51/52) with 22,000... which is a figure we won't better until we get the corners filled in

...Petrie!:grr:

NAE NOOKIE
12-12-2017, 12:32 PM

Its incredible how they can stay full time on the terrible crowds they get, but you could say the same for a few clubs at the bottom of that list ... the £700,000 Hamilton lost in that scam must have been a crushing blow to them.

Overall though the crowds the 'big city' clubs are getting certainly flies in the face of all the doomsdayers continually predicting the demise of our game, long may it continue :aok:

jakedance
12-12-2017, 12:44 PM
We’ve got a supply and demand issue now which is great for the club. I can assure our season tickets holders that if you don’t renew you’ll be scrambling around for decent seats, especially when trying to buy more than two together.

Jack Hackett
12-12-2017, 12:47 PM
We’ve got a supply and demand issue now which is great for the club. I can assure our season tickets holders that if you don’t renew you’ll be scrambling around for decent seats, especially when trying to buy more than two together.

Maybe we could aspire to having a 'waiting list'... like the deluded under Romanov.

Keith_M
12-12-2017, 12:49 PM
Wonder why crowds doubled from pre ww2 to post ww2

Everybody's crowds increased due to a post-war feel good factor.

Add to that the fact that Hibs won the league 3 times in 5 seasons (it was nearly 4 in 6) and that helps explain the massive crowds.

Ozyhibby
12-12-2017, 12:58 PM
With Edinburgh expected to grow by about 30% over the next 20 years then there is plenty opportunity for the club to grow.

NAE NOOKIE
12-12-2017, 01:39 PM
With Edinburgh expected to grow by about 30% over the next 20 years then there is plenty opportunity for the club to grow.

I made this point on another thread. Edinburgh will be one of the fastest growing cities in the UK over the next couple of decades, you are talking about over 100,000 people, its only green belt policies and building restrictions which have the potential to prevent Edinburgh overtaking Glasgow as Scotland's biggest city by the middle of the century.

Hibs need to be extremely proactive in ensuring we sook up as many of these potential fans as possible ... Hearts have handed us an enormous advantage by their short sighted policy regarding the rebuilding of their main stand, they now have very limited, if any, room for expansion. In our case ER could easily be a 25,000 capacity stadium, which at the moment would be overkill, but get it right in attracting the influx of new residents to the city and 25,000 could be a requirement, not an extravagance.

The other thing which might be relevant to this is something I saw posted on Kickback a few weeks ago ... The poster said he couldn't help noticing how old the Hearts support appeared to be, his opinion was that Hibs appear to be a more attractive proposition to Edinburgh's youngsters when picking a team to support. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but if there is we need to exploit it for all its worth :aok:

Dashing Bob S
12-12-2017, 02:43 PM
I made this point on another thread. Edinburgh will be one of the fastest growing cities in the UK over the next couple of decades, you are talking about over 100,000 people, its only green belt policies and building restrictions which have the potential to prevent Edinburgh overtaking Glasgow as Scotland's biggest city by the middle of the century.

Hibs need to be extremely proactive in ensuring we sook up as many of these potential fans as possible ... Hearts have handed us an enormous advantage by their short sighted policy regarding the rebuilding of their main stand, they now have very limited, if any, room for expansion. In our case ER could easily be a 25,000 capacity stadium, which at the moment would be overkill, but get it right in attracting the influx of new residents to the city and 25,000 could be a requirement, not an extravagance.

The other thing which might be relevant to this is something I saw posted on Kickback a few weeks ago ... The poster said he couldn't help noticing how old the Hearts support appeared to be, his opinion was that Hibs appear to be a more attractive proposition to Edinburgh's youngsters when picking a team to support. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but if there is we need to exploit it for all its worth :aok:

This assumes that they are all worth a sook.

NAE NOOKIE
12-12-2017, 03:21 PM
This assumes that they are all worth a sook.

:tsk tsk: .....:slipper: