PDA

View Full Version : Minutes applause

I'm_cabbaged
12-12-2017, 09:42 AM
Lifted from FB :

We are trying to arrange a minutes applause for the first minute of the second half at the Rangers match on Wednesday night for our much loved mucker Gary Flannigan who sadly passed away last tue morning after a long,hard and courageous 3 year battle with cancer.
Gary who was loved by many across our city was only 46 when he passed so we are trying to arrange this minutes applause for the first minute of the second half to save any confusion. Gary was a great guy and a great hibby who attended Easter road religiously even in the later stages of his illness when he was struggling with the stairs to his seat and discharging himself from hospital to attend his last match 3 weeks ago.
At short notice we need to act quick so please tag & share this post as far and wide as possible on any hibs related facebook pages, any of you who are on chat forums hibs.net, hibees bounce etc please post something too so this reaches as many hibees as possible and see if we can get oor special mucker the special send off he deserves 🇳🇬💚💔

Billy Whizz
12-12-2017, 09:47 AM
Tragic story

Bostonhibby
12-12-2017, 10:00 AM
Very sad story, will pass on.

RIP.

Benny Brazil
12-12-2017, 10:37 AM
Knew Gary from our younger days drinking in Corstorphine and of course through the football - an absolute gentleman, you couldn't meet a nicer lad than him. Gutted to hear last week that he has succumbed in his fight against that horrible disease.

RIP Gary

Eaststand
12-12-2017, 10:40 AM
Lifted from FB :

We are trying to arrange a minutes applause for the first minute of the second half at the Rangers match on Wednesday night for our much loved mucker Gary Flannigan who sadly passed away last tue morning after a long,hard and courageous 3 year battle with cancer.
Gary who was loved by many across our city was only 46 when he passed so we are trying to arrange this minutes applause for the first minute of the second half to save any confusion. Gary was a great guy and a great hibby who attended Easter road religiously even in the later stages of his illness when he was struggling with the stairs to his seat and discharging himself from hospital to attend his last match 3 weeks ago.
At short notice we need to act quick so please tag & share this post as far and wide as possible on any hibs related facebook pages, any of you who are on chat forums hibs.net, hibees bounce etc please post something too so this reaches as many hibees as possible and see if we can get oor special mucker the special send off he deserves 🇳🇬💚💔

He sounds like a great Hibby

RIP

GGTTH

Coco Bryce
12-12-2017, 10:44 AM
Gary was a great guy. During his 3 year battle, he never once moaned or complained about his illness.

This would be a great tribute for a very brave and humble Hibby. :flag:

Rattler
12-12-2017, 11:27 AM
Apologies - don't mean to hijack this thread...

Did he attend Craigmount High when he was younger? Ages with me.

CMurdoch
12-12-2017, 12:09 PM
Will be applauding as loud as I can.
Sorry you lost your good friend

seven nowt
12-12-2017, 12:12 PM
Could also have a minutes applause for Liam Rodgers, a young Hibby who died aged 14.

WestStandWillie
12-12-2017, 12:17 PM
Could also have a minutes applause for Liam Rodgers, a young Hibby who died aged 14.

A collective applause for both Gary and Liam and indeed any other fallen Hibees.

StevieC
12-12-2017, 12:20 PM
Gary was a good friend of mine, and you couldn't meet a nicer guy. I will be left with very fond memories of days at the football and nights in Corstorphine (getting up to all sorts of nonsense).

A minutes applause would be very fitting to celebrate his life.

Billy Whizz
12-12-2017, 12:20 PM

That’s terrible, a poor family lose a 14 year old

I'm_cabbaged
12-12-2017, 12:30 PM

My lord, that’s awful to hear. Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends x

woody0-7
12-12-2017, 12:59 PM
Apologies - don't mean to hijack this thread...

Did he attend Craigmount High when he was younger? Ages with me.
He was at royal high mate