PDA

View Full Version : East stand question

SirDavidsNapper
11-12-2017, 07:59 PM
Does anyone know why there is a section cordoned off at the bottom south side of the East stand? It's been bugging me.

Billy Whizz
11-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Does anyone know why there is a section cordoned off at the bottom south side of the East stand? It's been bugging me.

Saw that on the highlights, meant to ask too

HappyAsHellas
11-12-2017, 08:06 PM
To keep possible numpties from goading the away fans?

Since90+2
11-12-2017, 08:06 PM

I'd imagine as it the part of the stand that is closest to the away fans it's not used on Police advice for Category a games.

Hermit Crab
11-12-2017, 08:28 PM
I'd imagine as it the part of the stand that is closest to the away fans it's not used on Police advice for Category a games.

Aye it is but what should be happening is the section at the bottom corner of the south should be condoned off instead. They don't do this at the corner of the West stand.

hibbysam
11-12-2017, 08:30 PM
Aye it is but what should be happening is the section at the bottom corner of the south should be condoned off instead. They don't do this at the corner of the West stand.

Agree, totally pointless having seats there when they aren’t being used.

Hermit Crab
11-12-2017, 08:35 PM
Agree, totally pointless having seats there when they aren’t being used.

We are restricting our own fans by doing this!

hibbysam
11-12-2017, 08:38 PM

We are indeed, we have about 50 stewards and police stand in that corner so I’m sure it’s enough to deal with the best part of 30 fans if something kicked off.

dangermouse
11-12-2017, 08:38 PM

Fairly certain they were filled for the visit of New Fantastic Megastand FC earlier in the season.

Hermit Crab
11-12-2017, 08:40 PM
Fairly certain they were filled for the visit of New Fantastic Megastand FC earlier in the season.

No they weren't. https://youtu.be/VuX4gsCHiF8

Mibbes Aye
11-12-2017, 08:42 PM

I found a photo on Google images that appeared to show a full East and a full South, but both had that little square ringed off. It wasn't a great image so am unsure who we were playing and I can't find the picture now :rolleyes: but it maybe suggests we have done it before for both teams.

Bristolhibby
11-12-2017, 08:45 PM
Why don’t we just restrict the away end numbers by 50 rather than our own fans?

It’s not like we get a load of tickets for Parkhead.

J

Hermit Crab
11-12-2017, 08:48 PM

J

Correct.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Seems completely over the top. Maybe at Tynecastle where the two stands are so close but there's plenty space between the stands with stewards and police between them.

Billy Whizz
11-12-2017, 08:55 PM

J

Too sensible

Michael
11-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Seems a bit over the top. Fans are still far enough away.

SirDavidsNapper
11-12-2017, 09:02 PM
I remember sitting in that section during the 2-1 (Collins, Craig) derby win under Fenlon.

WhileTheChief..
11-12-2017, 09:07 PM
It was like that last season so nothing to do with cat a games. They were covered with a tarpaulin for some reason, now just taped off.

I thought it was actually to do with our own fans being hit with lighters and coins getting thrown by our own fans further back up the stand. Think there was chat about that a few years ago?

Nicho87
11-12-2017, 11:55 PM
Just trying to copy the big team over the road fans can't see the goals from those seats. Police box or something

guidref
12-12-2017, 07:54 AM
The pigeons all nest in that corner in the roof of the stand and the seats are absolutely covered in pigeon poo.

The club have tried for years to get rid of the pigeons and no matter what they do they keeep coming back.

Scouse Hibee
12-12-2017, 08:08 AM
The pigeons all nest in that corner in the roof of the stand and the seats are absolutely covered in pigeon poo.

The club have tried for years to get rid of the pigeons and no matter what they do they keeep coming back.

It's pretty easy to prevent pigeons from nesting in a certain place. Any decent pest control company can provide counter measures.

ian cruise
12-12-2017, 08:39 AM
I was wondering that. Possibly the key a small section free in case they have to move folk for some reason? Say a row of seats happened to break mid match (not due to bad behaviour), leak from roof, or similar? I know cinemas, etc alway leave seats free for such occasions.

NAE NOOKIE
12-12-2017, 03:25 PM
If its for segregation purposes it seems totally OTT to me .... as has been said its not as if there isn't always loads of police and stewards in that corner between the two stands :dunno: