PDA

View Full Version : Ofir Marciano

Unseen work
11-12-2017, 03:50 PM
Not saw a thread about him from yesterday.

He was absolutely brilliant and made some outstanding saves

Always feel like you have a chance in a game with a goalie as good as him.

Hope we can keep hold of him.

Johnny_Leith
11-12-2017, 03:52 PM
He's on a 4 year deal so if anyone wants him we will be well compensated.

He's been through a wee 'rocky' spell this season but with the birth of his son he seems very settled now and is playing very well.

Quality keeper.

danhibees1875
11-12-2017, 06:37 PM
He's had a great season. Constantly makes incredible saves that win us points (1 or 3).

He's possible the best keeper since I started supporting Hibs. What's even more amazing is I'd have no issue in calling up Laidlaw for any given game either. Spoiled for choice at the moment. :aok:

Souter96Mac
11-12-2017, 06:47 PM
Quality keeper, has had a couple moments this season but is a cracking shot stopper. That one against Dundee was unbelievable, wouldnt have won that game if that had gone in, probably would've lost it tbh.

capitals_finest
11-12-2017, 06:54 PM
Agreed and the big guy deserves a lot of credit.

Keepers of his calibre are very hard to come by as we know all to well. Another great capture by Lenny. A move I was concerned about when he dropped the polar bear...

hibby6270
11-12-2017, 06:57 PM
I mentioned him on the match thread after the game. As good as SJM and Lewis were yesterday, Rocky was my MOTM yesterday with the 3 or 4 saves he made. They weren’t ones for the cameras but were effective and kept the ball out of the net. That’s his job I know but if it weren’t for these saves, we would have been 4 or 5 down before the comeback came. I reckon he would even have had a chance with their 2nd had it not been deflected.

Admittedly, he has “his moments” of indecision but yesterday’s performance deserves credit when credit is due.

Pretty Boy
11-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Very early and then again late on there were balls into our box that I thought he should have been taking control off. It’s often the case that when keepers start making poor decisions or hesitating it stems from a lack of confidence and fear of making a mistake.

I would hope that Rockys early season blips aren’t playing on his mind because he has made some huge saves for us and yesterday was no exception. He had at least 3 saves that involved him staying big, closing down space quickly and then being good enough to react quickly. He even deserves credit for making life difficult for Forrest when he missed the target after Dylan’s mistake. Often keepers make it easy for the attacker in that situation by going to ground but Rocky stood up big and made Forrest make a decision and he fluffed his lines.

Performances like yesterday show why we invested time and money in him and if he regains his full confidence then we have a match winning goalkeeper again. He was a huge factor in us getting a point yesterday.

erin go bragh
11-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Best keeper we have had since Goram and Leighton . Imo.

Keith_M
11-12-2017, 07:16 PM
A fantastic goalie and has been worth a lot of points this season.

basehibby
11-12-2017, 07:25 PM
Great performance from Rocky against Celtic was a massive contribution to the point earned.

He's a great shot stopper - distribution a bit of a weak spot but I think he's been working on it as I can see an improvement even from earlier in the season - keep it up Rocky!

CMac1988
11-12-2017, 07:38 PM
He's a good keeper. Made some vital saves yesterday and never done much wrong. Only fault yesterday that I can mind was an opportunity in the first to come for the ball which Stevenson ended up clearing.

Hibernia&Alba
11-12-2017, 07:39 PM
Very solid and reliable, which makes all the difference to a team. A dependable keeper is perhaps the most aspect of all in a team.

Hermit Crab
11-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Best keeper we have had since Goram and Leighton . Imo.

Daniel Andersson was better imo.

matty_f
11-12-2017, 07:56 PM
Daniel Andersson was better imo.

I know it's all about opinions, but I think Marciano is the better of the two. First time in ages we've had a keeper that's been largely responsible for points we've picked up.

Sir David Gray
11-12-2017, 08:01 PM
Fantastic goalkeeper, of course he has his faults he wouldn't be at Hibs if he didn't but overall he is very reliable and makes some big saves.

Hibernia&Alba
11-12-2017, 08:05 PM
I know it's all about opinions, but I think Marciano is the better of the two. First time in ages we've had a keeper that's been largely responsible for points we've picked up.

You're forgetting Zibi, Stack and big Maka :greengrin