PDA

View Full Version : Flavour of the month with the media again

Carheenlea
11-12-2017, 09:24 AM
There have been many on here accusing the media of sticking the boot into Hibs given any excuse while gushing over the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts. After listening to the podcast from yesterday's post-match, everyone was raving about the game and entertainment and drama on offer. Been getting a lot of positivity from radio, TV and written press, and two articles submitted by Tom English for the BBC at weekend made for enjoyable reading. Not hard to decipher what one was from Easter Road and what one was from Tynecastle...

"This was an epic tussle that got better and better as the day wore on. The closing stages were so frenetic it rendered the biting cold an irrelevance.

It was bonkers and utterly brilliant. Maybe - probably - the game of the season.

An astonishing, breathless game. Wonderful."

"On aperishingly cold Edinburgh afternoon, this was a grind of a football match, a game that often lacked composure, wit and anything that might have taken the mind off the temperature.

Misplaced pass followed misplaced pass. Aimless punt downfield followed aimless punt downfield.

The opening half was a dreadful exercise in players running around in a frenetic pursuit of the ball."

Mr White
11-12-2017, 09:34 AM
I caught a bit of the build-up yesterday with Kris's Boyd & Commons discussing the match and I was surprised at how complimentary the fatter Kris was about where Hibs are as a club just now. Not something I ever expected to hear!

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-12-2017, 09:38 AM
I caught a bit of the build-up yesterday with Kris's Boyd & Commons discussing the match and I was surprised at how complimentary the fatter Kris was about where Hibs are as a club just now. Not something I ever expected to hear!

Same. When I saw it was him as pundit I went on a bit of a tirade about how much of a prick he is and that he hates us. My other half just stared at me for the next 20 mins or so as he was talking us up so much.

He's still a prick though

Joe6-2
11-12-2017, 09:40 AM

Only because we had taken a point from Sellick

Mr White
Same. When I saw it was him as pundit I went on a bit of a tirade about how much of a prick he is and that he hates us. My other half just stared at me for the next 20 mins or so as he was talking us up so much.

That'll never change. He'll be talking about our top players leaving in January before the Huns game.

Mr White
Only because we had taken a point from Sellick

It was pre-game.

Nicho87
11-12-2017, 10:04 AM
Quite like Tom English

SirDavidsNapper
11-12-2017, 10:16 AM
Quite like Tom English

Says it like it is

Not In The Know
11-12-2017, 10:44 AM

Him and commons did a behind the scenes for SPFL matters on Sky and I don't think he had realise how good EastMains is and the new structure at the club.

Jack
11-12-2017, 09:40 PM
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes.

The proverb "Beware of Geeks bearing gifts".

They can and will turn more quickly than the wind.

Mr White
11-12-2017, 09:44 PM
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes.

The proverb "Beware of Geeks bearing gifts".

They can and will turn more quickly than the wind.

Brilliant typo :greengrin

At least I hope it's a typo :nerd:

The Pointer
11-12-2017, 11:40 PM
I was late coming out the shop after the game and a lad came up to me and asked me to take a photo of him and his four mates with the big graphic of the Famous Five above them, which I duly did.

They were from Osnabruck and I asked them if they enjoyed the game. "Yes" he replied, "especially the second half, it was amazing!"

lord bunberry
12-12-2017, 02:34 AM
Him and commons did a behind the scenes for SPFL matters on Sky and I don't think he had realise how good EastMains is and the new structure at the club.
Leeann Dempster is on that show this week.