PDA

View Full Version : Drink

Lancs Harp
10-12-2017, 09:05 PM
So especially after todays epic, what drink have you got on the go?

I'm on a glass of South African Pinotage. Its not bad.

Carheenlea
11-12-2017, 08:56 AM
Half a dozen afternoon pints of Staropramen in Robbies was a most enjoyable way to dissect the game whilst watching the two English derbys on TV.

Billy Whizz
11-12-2017, 07:23 PM
Half a dozen afternoon pints of Staropramen in Robbies was a most enjoyable way to dissect the game whilst watching the two English derbys on TV.

I wouldn’t be able to watch anything after 6 pints of that

adhibs
11-12-2017, 08:09 PM
Just had a realy nice double ipa by beerbliotek.

Now having a magic rock and thornbridge collaboration ipa, good effort from two good breweries.

Lancs Harp
16-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Pint of paraquat tonight.

Tornadoes70
16-12-2017, 09:48 PM
Having several drinks tonight of my weekend usual of Vodka and Pepsi Max/Coke Zero. This weekend is the slightly stronger 40% Russian Standard brand. Very nice indeed to sit and relax with and take the edge off.

GGTTH

Colr
17-12-2017, 09:46 AM
Cutty sark and soda.

Nice glass of pignoletto as well.

Peevemor
17-12-2017, 10:10 AM
I managed to resist the urge to hit the toilet duck & coke.

Lancs Harp
17-12-2017, 02:35 PM
Cup of tea presently. This weekends results have had a sobering effect.

Got a bottle of La Vieille Ferme in for this evening though.

Hibbyradge
17-12-2017, 04:13 PM
I managed to resist the urge to hit the toilet duck & coke.

You're a stronger man than me

Lancs Harp
09-03-2018, 09:16 PM
Had to be relaunched.

Tonight Im mainly drinking Singha beer with a huge smile on my face :greengrin (bigger than this)

:flag:

DH1875
09-03-2018, 09:40 PM
Ive been on the Buckfast tonight :duck:

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2018, 10:04 PM
Old Rosie, got a 17 pint box/bag in the fridge...... perfect.

snooky
09-03-2018, 11:55 PM
A couple of pints of Belhaven Best then home for a nightcap goldie.
That's my natural order of course. :greengrin

Killiehibbie
10-03-2018, 12:18 AM
A large Aberfeldy along with the highlights, not sure which has the smoothest finish.

MSK
10-03-2018, 06:53 AM
Had 2 cans of Coors Light (yeah I know😆) in the fridge, went down well, cooled my sore throat 🤭

Hibrandenburg
10-03-2018, 09:39 AM
Becks have started doing an IPA. Had a few last night and they were pretty decent.

sleeping giant
10-03-2018, 12:29 PM
Carling out of a plastic pint glass

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-03-2018, 01:05 PM
2 cans of Elvis Juice in Darlo 'Spoons for a fiver which is nice!

Hermit Crab
13-03-2018, 02:04 PM
Had 2 cans of Coors Light (yeah I know😆) in the fridge, went down well, cooled my sore throat 🤭

I like that stuff, Have about 16 bottles in the house.

lyonhibs
13-03-2018, 02:45 PM
Currently a pint of "O'clock time out" a most palatable French pale ale. In Paris right by Gare de Lyon.

Ooooh la la indeed.

MSK
13-03-2018, 04:26 PM
I like that stuff, Have about 16 bottles in the house.It is actually not too bad HC, nice and chilled it goes down well :aok:

Hibee87
13-03-2018, 04:46 PM
I used to drink coors light or whatever beer was on offer in asda, but recently its tasted like all i can describe as piss water. Im not a snob or anything, i still enjoy tennents, stella bud etc but coors really tastes awful to me now.

Ive really been enjoying the hop house lager or schehallion recently

Craig_HFC
13-03-2018, 06:48 PM
I like a fancy continental lager as much as the next man but in all honesty nothing beats a ice cold, well poured pint of Tennents.

yonder1875
13-03-2018, 07:03 PM
I like a fancy continental lager as much as the next man but in all honesty nothing beats a ice cold, well poured pint of Tennents.

Can't beat a good pint of Tennents. However when you get a bad one... it's really really bad.

Hibee87
13-03-2018, 09:42 PM

Used to get an amazing pint in sligo years back i thank it was. Tennats sub zero

Haymaker
14-03-2018, 12:19 AM
I'm drinking Labatts.

Don't judge me, it's $1 a pint.

snooky
14-03-2018, 12:22 AM
I'm drinking Labatts.

Don't judge me, it's $1 a pint.

Labatts Blue? If so, there's sod all wrong with that stuff. :cheers:

Steve-O
14-03-2018, 01:32 AM

To be honest, these 'fancy continental lagers' are no more fancy than Tennent's in reality. Heavily marketed pish water - i.e. Becks, Kronenberg, Stella, Peroni etc. We are conditioned to believe they are 'premium' beers, but they're really not. I used to get sucked into that belief too!

Haymaker
14-03-2018, 01:36 AM
Labatts Blue? If so, there's sod all wrong with that stuff. :cheers:

It's not bad but it's hardly a heavy hitter... But $1 a pint and $4 wings are $1 beers and $4 wings!

calumhibee1
14-03-2018, 06:29 AM

Agreed. A good pint of Tennents is immense.

heretoday
18-03-2018, 11:28 PM
To be honest, these 'fancy continental lagers' are no more fancy than Tennent's in reality. Heavily marketed pish water - i.e. Becks, Kronenberg, Stella, Peroni etc. We are conditioned to believe they are 'premium' beers, but they're really not. I used to get sucked into that belief too!
I agree on those beers.

But the Czech pilsners now. Come to daddy!

Everybody drinks them in Czecho. Even the old dears.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-03-2018, 06:25 AM
Was wandering past the new Malones at Haymarket on Friday and popped in and had a pint of their Tennents tank beer, not impressed. The Innis & Gunn stuff in Platform 5 was very good though.

Wembley67
19-03-2018, 06:30 AM
Started on the dark rums recently, very much a virgin in this field. Got bottles of Kraken, Applewood and Dark Matter in the house. Kraken is great, Applewood also nice seems to be a pub drink and Dark Matter is just a bit spicy for me, I can imagine to would be great for a hot toddie though!

Any other rum drinkers that can recommend some?

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-03-2018, 06:44 AM
Started on the dark rums recently, very much a virgin in this field. Got bottles of Kraken, Applewood and Dark Matter in the house. Kraken is great, Applewood also nice seems to be a pub drink and Dark Matter is just a bit spicy for me, I can imagine to would be great for a hot toddie though!

A few years ago I went through a phase of drinking Angostura Rum 5 or 7 year old can't remember which in The Mercat at Haymarket, can't recall seeing it anywhere else.

Bundaberg over proof is good but, take it easy as it'll blow your head off! :-)

Craig_HFC
19-03-2018, 09:17 AM

Bacardi Oakheart is great.

Sailor Jerry is nice as well but it can be a wee bit sweet for some people.

You'll struggle to get better than Kraken though imo!

calumhibee1
19-03-2018, 09:26 AM
Was wandering past the new Malones at Haymarket on Friday and popped in and had a pint of their Tennents tank beer, not impressed. The Innis & Gunn stuff in Platform 5 was very good though.

I’d been wanting to try that, had read it was supposed to be an amazing pint.. although come to think of it I’m sure it was an advert from Malones on Facebook that I read it from!

speedy_gonzales
19-03-2018, 09:57 AM
I'm not much of a rum drinker but I've always got a bottle of Kraken in the freezer.
A double shot, straight up from the freezer, you cannae whack it!
There's a science being alcohol, evaporation, dilution with water and aromatics being released at different temperatures but ice cold Kraken is like drinking a shot of grown up cola!

MSK
19-03-2018, 10:20 AM

Any other rum drinkers that can recommend some?Not a rum drinker myself but did indulge in a drop or ten of Dominican Republics Brugal Rum & it was excellent 👍

https://us.brugal-rum.com/

Pete
19-03-2018, 10:51 AM
Havana club and Ron mulata are what I’ve got on the go...not chilled but over ice.

Oak heart is a lovely drink though.

Colr
19-03-2018, 01:11 PM

Imported beers used to be good when they first started to arrive.

Gilded Balloon used to have a great range that I never quite managed to work my way through.

Red Stripe was good when it was imported and so was Rolling Rock but now they’re all made in Burton-on-Trent just like all the other marketed brands and they all taste the same as Carling.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-03-2018, 01:56 PM
I’d been wanting to try that, had read it was supposed to be an amazing pint.. although come to think of it I’m sure it was an advert from Malones on Facebook that I read it from!

Not worth £4.50 a pint.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-03-2018, 02:00 PM
Imported beers used to be good when they first started to arrive.

Gilded Balloon used to have a great range that I never quite managed to work my way through.

Red Stripe was good when it was imported and so was Rolling Rock but now they’re all made in Burton-on-Trent just like all the other marketed brands and they all taste the same as Carling.

I really liked Castlemaine XXXX when it first appeared over here but, as you say, it followed a similar path to the ones you've mentioned. Budweiser in the wee stubby cans was much better than the bottles, then they went downhill too.

Hibbyradge
21-03-2018, 06:42 PM
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/science-technology/people-discovered-who-drink-wine-for-its-flavour-20171121139474

stuart-farquhar
22-03-2018, 04:23 PM
I've been enjoying Lagunitas IPA. Also a beer called Pliney the elder made in California, well they both are.
Tried Hobgoblin gold that I came across lately. Nice I thought.

adhibs
23-03-2018, 06:43 AM
I've been enjoying Lagunitas IPA. Also a beer called Pliney the elder made in California, well they both are.
Tried Hobgoblin gold that I came across lately. Nice I thought.

Where did you pick up pliney the elder? Wouldnt mind trying that.

Ill b working through a haul from Bottle Baron tonight, got a big mix including verdant, fierce, green flash and northern monk.

stuart-farquhar
23-03-2018, 08:59 AM
Where did you pick up pliney the elder? Wouldnt mind trying that.

Ill b working through a haul from Bottle Baron tonight, got a big mix including verdant, fierce, green flash and northern monk.

In the Russian river bar in Santa Rosa, California where it's brewed. Big queues when new batch for sale. Then bizarrely in an air bnb in Edinburgh there were 3 bottles!! That probably doesn't help. Sorry.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-03-2018, 10:03 AM
In the Russian river bar in Santa Rosa, California where it's brewed. Big queues when new batch for sale. Then bizarrely in an air bnb in Edinburgh there were 3 bottles!! That probably doesn't help. Sorry.

What were the birds like?

stuart-farquhar
23-03-2018, 11:01 AM
What were the birds like?

lol. Mine is from there. Changed days!!

Peevemor
23-03-2018, 11:03 AM
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/science-technology/people-discovered-who-drink-wine-for-its-flavour-20171121139474

:thumbsup:

adhibs
23-03-2018, 01:15 PM

Finding bottles in the airbnb mustve been some bonus!

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-03-2018, 03:10 PM

Back on the I&G tank beer again, closest thing i've had in the UK to the fine beers on offer in Prague.

adhibs
23-03-2018, 04:00 PM
Back on the I&G tank beer again, closest thing i've had in the UK to the fine beers on offer in Prague.

Have you tried the pilsner urquel tank beer in brewhemia? I've had it from the tank elsewhere and thought it was unbelievable. Pragues definitely on my wishlist for a weekend of drinking.

MSK
23-03-2018, 04:06 PM
Have you tried the pilsner urquel tank beer in brewhemia? I've had it from the tank elsewhere and thought it was unbelievable. Pragues definitely on my wishlist for a weekend of drinking.Guzzled a good few pints of Staropramen dark when in Prague a couple of years back, excellent stuff.

adhibs
23-03-2018, 05:56 PM
Guzzled a good few pints of Staropramen dark when in Prague a couple of years back, excellent stuff.

Sounds good. Bet they dont sell that weaker alcohol version they released here last year.

stuart-farquhar
23-03-2018, 06:02 PM
Have you tried the pilsner urquel tank beer in brewhemia? I've had it from the tank elsewhere and thought it was unbelievable. Pragues definitely on my wishlist for a weekend of drinking.

Stay in Prague 2. Cheaper and more authentic.

Pretty Boy
23-03-2018, 08:28 PM

The tank beer in Brewhemia is garbage, last time I was in, which incidentally will be the last time, I was charged £5.90 for a pint of stale, badly kept beer.

Garbage sums up the whole Brewhemia experience actually.

Calvin
23-03-2018, 09:09 PM
That is actually nearly unbelievable. I think you could probably get close to £50 a bottle here for Pliny the Elder.

I've had it a few times - really good - but so much has caught up with it in the last few years. Insanely jealous of you being anywhere close to Russian River! Lagunitas IPA isn't a scratch on it - Heineken sellouts!

Not a bad wee selection there!

adhibs
24-03-2018, 10:19 AM
The tank beer in Brewhemia is garbage, last time I was in, which incidentally will be the last time, I was charged £5.90 for a pint of stale, badly kept beer.

The whole concept of the place does look garbage. Was hoping the pilsner urquel tank would've been its redeeming feature, will be giving it a miss though

adhibs
24-03-2018, 10:25 AM

All top stuff from the breweries I mentioned. Highlight of the night had to be the Kernels - Bierre de Sasion Sour Cherry. Definitely up there with best things i've drunk for a while.

Calvin
24-03-2018, 10:27 AM
All top stuff from the breweries I mentioned. Highlight of the night had to be the Kernels - Bierre de Sasion Sour Cherry. Definitely up there with best things i've drunk for a while.

I was lucky enough to have a pint of that in my local the other day. Not usually a saison fan but but definitely more sour than saison. Amazing stuff.

adhibs
24-03-2018, 10:37 AM
I was lucky enough to have a pint of that in my local the other day. Not usually a saison fan but but definitely more sour than saison. Amazing stuff.

Seen its currently on in Cloisters, very tempted :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-03-2018, 11:04 AM

That's saved me a visit!

stuart-farquhar
24-03-2018, 11:29 PM
That is actually nearly unbelievable. I think you could probably get close to £50 a bottle here for Pliny the Elder.

I've had it a few times - really good - but so much has caught up with it in the last few years. Insanely jealous of you being anywhere close to Russian River! Lagunitas IPA isn't a scratch on it - Heineken sellouts!

Wow. Back there in June. Might smuggle a few bottles back !!

Lancs Harp
25-03-2018, 08:07 PM
Bottle of La Vielle Ferme on offer at 6 quid at Morrisons. Very good value.

overdrive
26-03-2018, 09:53 PM
On the point about standard “foreign” beers being marketed as premium beers, when we were in Italy on holiday about 10 years ago, several of the bars were selling Tennents Super as a fancy premium beer :faf:

Pretty Boy
27-03-2018, 08:00 AM
On the point about standard “foreign” beers being marketed as premium beers, when we were in Italy on holiday about 10 years ago, several of the bars were selling Tennents Super as a fancy premium beer :faf:

Still the case.

I was in Rome last year and got chatting to a group of Roma fans about all the usual stuff a group of guys chat about. They were a bit surprised I was drinking Peroni Red and asked why I wasn't on the Tennents. They seemed shocked and disappointed when I told them no one drinks Tennents Super in Scotland unlrss they 'need' to. I have also seen it in surprisingly attractive bottles in bars in Barcelona and Lisbon.

Something that always surprissd me when I worked in bars when I was younger was how many tourists from the big boys of the lager world like Belgium, Germany and Czech Repiblic really liked regular Tennents. Obviously every German isn't a beer expert but the 'approval rating' for it was very high. As others have said served cold and kept well a pint of Tennents can be very enjoyable.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-03-2018, 12:23 PM
As PB has mentioned Belgium, I've been back to Leuven on a few occasions since Hibs played there, its a tremendous place for a beer lover. Had to chuckle when the local hostelry owners looked at me as if I was daft when I asked for Stella Cidre, they never knew what I was talking about! :-)

Peevemor
27-03-2018, 04:46 PM
Still the case.

I was in Rome last year and got chatting to a group of Roma fans about all the usual stuff a group of guys chat about. They were a bit surprised I was drinking Peroni Red and asked why I wasn't on the Tennents. They seemed shocked and disappointed when I told them no one drinks Tennents Super in Scotland unlrss they 'need' to. I have also seen it in surprisingly attractive bottles in bars in Barcelona and Lisbon.

Something that always surprissd me when I worked in bars when I was younger was how many tourists from the big boys of the lager world like Belgium, Germany and Czech Repiblic really liked regular Tennents. Obviously every German isn't a beer expert but the 'approval rating' for it was very high. As others have said served cold and kept well a pint of Tennents can be very enjoyable.

I organised a mini tour of Scotland for 25 of us from my work and most of the guys loved Tennents, which they thought was called "T" as that's what's on the font heads. I was highly amused at one point when one of them ordered "4 Ts", swiftly followed by frantic gesticulating as the barman started preparing the cups and saucers.

Hibbyradge
27-03-2018, 05:16 PM
I used to drive to work in Glasgow from Roseburn. Every day, on the way home there was an advert on what used to be the Cutty Dark bridge which said Home in time for T.

By the time I got back to Roseburn I was drooling. :greengrin

The Roseburn Bar served a great pint of Tennents in those days and I loved it.

Not so much now though.

pollution
27-03-2018, 05:31 PM
I used to drive to work in Glasgow from Roseburn. Every day, on the way home there was an advert on what used to be the Cutty Dark bridge which said Home in time for T.

By the time I got back to Roseburn I was drooling. :greengrin

The Roseburn Bar served a great pint of Tennents in those days and I loved it.

Not so much now though.

I remember it well. Was it not brewed across the road at the Heriot brewery?

speedy_gonzales
27-03-2018, 08:53 PM
I organised a mini tour of Scotland for 25 of us from my work and most of the guys loved Tennents, which they thought was called "T" as that's what's on the font heads. I was highly amused at one point when one of them ordered "4 Ts", swiftly followed by frantic gesticulating as the barman started preparing the cups and saucers.
Without a word of a lie, I was in the King's Wark on Sunday after a lovely walk down the Water of Leith. Whilst there a guy with an English accent placed an order for drinks and started by saying "one tea", the barmaid said they don't do tea and the guy started to gesticulate to the Tennents tap. Right enough he was asking for a pint of lager.
It obviously happens more than you'd think.

MSK
28-03-2018, 05:07 AM
I remember it well. Was it not brewed across the road at the Heriot brewery?Was indeed, I worked there just before they shut it down

Hibbyradge
28-03-2018, 09:07 AM
I remember it well. Was it not brewed across the road at the Heriot brewery?

I think you're right.

Colr
31-03-2018, 12:10 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43492043

English people drink more than Scottish people!!

Scouse Hibee
01-04-2018, 08:10 PM
Enjoying a few bottle of Seven Giraffes just now brewed in Alloa very nice.

Since90+2
02-04-2018, 06:37 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43492043

English people drink more than Scottish people!!

Says within the last week a slightly higher percentage of English folk had consumed alcohol however Scottish are more likely to binge drink.

I'm pretty sure the overall rate of alcohol consumption is higher than in England and one of the highest in the world.

Pretty Boy
02-04-2018, 06:48 PM
Says within the last week a slightly higher percentage of English folk had consumed alcohol however Scottish are more likely to binge drink.

I'm pretty sure the overall rate of alcohol consumption is higher than in England and one of the highest in the world.

According to the WHO the UK as a whole is 25th in the world for alcohol consumption per capita. That's below the likes of France and Portugal and just above Spain who are often held up as countries we should aspire to when it comes to our drinking culture, admittedly they likely drink in a different way. Perhaps not surprisingly the top of the list is dominated by former Soviet states.

I can't find any separate data for Scotland but I'd be surprised if it differs hugely from the rUK and Ireland (21st on the list).

Since90+2
02-04-2018, 07:30 PM
According to the WHO the UK as a whole is 25th in the world for alcohol consumption per capita. That's below the likes of France and Portugal and just above Spain who are often held up as countries we should aspire to when it comes to our drinking culture, admittedly they likely drink in a different way. Perhaps not surprisingly the top of the list is dominated by former Soviet states.

I can't find any separate data for Scotland but I'd be surprised if it differs hugely from the rUK and Ireland (21st on the list).

According to this article if you separate Scotland from the rest of the UK we would be 8th highest alcohol consuming nation in the world

http://www.ias.org.uk/What-we-do/Alcohol-Alert/Issue-3-2009/Scotland-tops-UK-alchol-league.aspx

Pretty Boy
02-04-2018, 07:35 PM
According to this article if you separate Scotland from the rest of the UK we would be 8th highest alcohol consuming nation in the world

http://www.ias.org.uk/What-we-do/Alcohol-Alert/Issue-3-2009/Scotland-tops-UK-alchol-league.aspx

That's interesting. I'm going to have a read of that.

Since90+2
02-04-2018, 07:37 PM
That's interesting. I'm going to have a read of that.

Just realised it's an article from 2009 so not sure how it compares to current figures but I would assume Scotland is still significantly ahead of the rest of UK.

Colr
03-04-2018, 08:54 AM

I note that the lowest level of consumption is London.

Something to do with the cost?

Colr
03-04-2018, 08:57 AM

Seems to be a bigger issue in Glasgow. No surprise there.

Hibee87
03-04-2018, 12:01 PM

I can't find any separate data for Scotland but I'd be surprised if it differs hugely from the UK and Ireland (21st on the list).

Would the likes of Spain, and to a smaller extent Portugal not include all us 'Brits' who go on holiday and drink ourselves into oblivion? It would be interesting to see the consumption in Spain if they could remove all the holiday resorts. As you mention however, they might drink more regular in these countries, but binge drinking like us is not something ive witnessed much of from them.

Pretty Boy
03-04-2018, 12:17 PM
Would the likes of Spain, and to a smaller extent Portugal not include all us 'Brits' who go on holiday and drink ourselves into oblivion? It would be interesting to see the consumption in Spain if they could remove all the holiday resorts. As you mention however, they might drink more regular in these countries, but binge drinking like us is not something ive witnessed much of from them.

I was at a wedding in France last year and the drinking started about 3pm and continued throughout the night and well into the next morning. The French contingent definitely drank more than the Scots present but seemed far more controlled in their consumption. Their glasses never seemed empty but they were still going strong at about 6 the next morning. Contrast that with the Scottish contingent who, as Scots do at social events, were on a mission to drink as much as humanely possible. By midnight guys were sleeping at tables, girls were throwing up, the hysterical drunken arguments started and there was one guy took a piss in a swimming pool. It was pretty embarrassing and the French seemed totally bemused by the whole thing.

I think binge drinking is a bigger issue than our overally consumption.

hibsbollah
03-04-2018, 02:00 PM
I was at a wedding in France last year and the drinking started about 3pm and continued throughout the night and well into the next morning. The French contingent definitely drank more than the Scots present but seemed far more controlled in their consumption. Their glasses never seemed empty but they were still going strong at about 6 the next morning. Contrast that with the Scottish contingent who, as Scots do at social events, were on a mission to drink as much as humanely possible. By midnight guys were sleeping at tables, girls were throwing up, the hysterical drunken arguments started and there was one guy took a piss in a swimming pool. It was pretty embarrassing and the French seemed totally bemused by the whole thing.

:agree: my French mate has lived in Edinburgh for eight years. He drinks red wine every day with food, without fail, but usually its a small glass, and he seems quite happy to nurse it for an hour while talking and eating. And he can quite happily either start drinking more, or just leave it at that. Not something that comes easily to me or most Scots :greengrin

Colr
03-04-2018, 05:33 PM

I was at my cousins wedding a couple of years back and was surprised at the nihilistic level of drinking.

No different to myself when I was in Scotland but I hadn’t seen the like in quite a while!

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2018, 08:41 PM
The barman misheard me tonight and instead of " A Tennents and an Amstel please" he thought I asked for a pint of Tennents in an Amstel glass.

Wow... the Tennents served in the Amstel glass, so lively that the barman had to chop the froth off, what a difference pint never lost It's frothy head at all.

Since90+2
21-04-2018, 07:38 AM
The barman misheard me tonight and instead of " A Tennents and an Amstel please" he thought I asked for a pint of Tennents in an Amstel glass.

Wow... the Tennents served in the Amstel glass, so lively that the barman had to chop the froth off, what a difference pint never lost It's frothy head at all.

The pint glass makes a massive different to the pint. Middletons is the worst for serving absolutely rank pints on match day as they use shan pint glasses and they are often wet meaning a flat pint. Although it's more exprensive across the road in the Mash Tun you are pretty much guaranteed a decent pint.

pollution
21-04-2018, 11:13 AM
The pint glass makes a massive different to the pint. Middletons is the worst for serving absolutely rank pints on match day as they use shan pint glasses and they are often wet meaning a flat pint. Although it's more exprensive across the road in the Mash Tun you are pretty much guaranteed a decent pint.

A pet peeve comes from a look at Mash Tun's website where there are no prices showing on their menus.

Lazy and amateurish.

The_Exile
21-04-2018, 05:45 PM
Has anybody ever used the Stewart Brewing Dockside Tap? I work in Victoria Quay and I've been tempted to buy one of their Growlers and fill it up on the way home on a Friday night. I think I've tried Edinburgh Gold and thought it was ok, nothing spectacular but no idea about the rest of their range?

https://www.stewartbrewing.co.uk/tap-rooms/dockside-tap

Hermit Crab
22-04-2018, 02:18 PM
I was in the Hibs club last night for a 40th, I thought the pints of Tennents were crap which is unusual as they are usually pretty good imo.

Lancs Harp
22-04-2018, 03:45 PM
Having worked yesterday and didnt even get to see the match on TV (caught the rerun on BT this morning) Im having a belated celebration of yesterdays win with a couple bottles of Birra Moretti, nice bottle of red for later too (French Merlot)