PDA

View Full Version : Brendan Rodgers

Future17
10-12-2017, 04:08 PM
Doesn't seem to think there was any contest between SJM and Scott Brown today.

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/12/brendan-rodgers-john-mcginn-v-scott-brown-theres-no-contest/

Hermit Crab
10-12-2017, 04:10 PM

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/12/brendan-rodgers-john-mcginn-v-scott-brown-theres-no-contest/

Save this link and email it to Rogers to remind him when they come in for him in January or the summer.

bingo70
10-12-2017, 04:10 PM
Always quite liked him but disappointed in him a post match comments.

Comes across as a bitter erse, if they do start to lose a game or two he’ll become intolerable imo.

MWHIBBIES
10-12-2017, 04:12 PM
No contest between keepers or center backs either, ours miles better.

bingo70
10-12-2017, 04:12 PM
Save this link and email it to Rogers to remind him when they come in for him in January or the summer.

Good point, wonder if his comments were made with a January bid in mind.

Leith Green
10-12-2017, 04:13 PM
Brown should have been booked after 20 minutes for persistently fouling , mainly on Mcginn. The referee let Brown away with foul after foul and he was the reason there was a contest between them at all.

col02
10-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Didn't give Hibs one bit of credit post match. He's alright when the media are kissing his arse!

gaz1875
10-12-2017, 04:16 PM

Rodgers is talking baws alright, McGinn was all over Brown for most of the game. When they get humped in the CL its all down to financial differences, he forgets this when they are given a game in the SPL.

weecounty hibby
10-12-2017, 04:19 PM
Rogers is a ****ing dick. I am sick fed up of the press making him out to be the saviour of Scottish football and how great he is. His bull**** reasoning about finances when playing PSG and Bayern and then not seeing the irony when asked about celtics versus Ross County's. I would be devasated to see super John go to that disgusting club with total ****ers employed by them in almost every position

Sir David Gray
10-12-2017, 04:22 PM

Comes across as a bitter erse, if they do start to lose a game or two he’ll become intolerable imo.

It's easy to come across as fair and balanced when your team's humping everyone every week.

The true measure of a good sport is when things are not going quite so well.

Smartie
10-12-2017, 04:23 PM

I'd love to see him under a bit of pressure.

He's had it way too easy so far.

IGRIGI
10-12-2017, 04:31 PM
Typical Septic behaviour, if they win it's pat on the back condescending patter, anything else and the seethe is unleashed.

Nameless
10-12-2017, 04:38 PM
You could hear the bitterness in his voice when he was interviewed by Sportsound after the match. He genuinely said a neutral watching the match would have been bored, as it was total domination by the tims. Typical HunTic small minded, myopic, inbred, hateful, self-centred, ignorant, Giro-Monkey bull ****, from the fud in chief.

I dislike Celtic.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

SanFranHibs
10-12-2017, 04:39 PM
The few interviews I have heard this season given by Rogers I thought he was fair and quite generous to their opponents. Maybe he is just pissed that they let a 2 -0 lead slip. Or that they have not beaten us in the league this season. :greengrin (I'm assuming his comment came after the game???)

Maybe he has a valid point. McGinn is not always at his best but from Brown you get the same every game.....kicking and fouling his way through 90 minutes ! Mr Consistency indeed.

silverhibee
10-12-2017, 04:41 PM

:agree:

Don't think he would handle it to well, smug git that he is.

Arch Stanton
10-12-2017, 04:45 PM
Don't like him - he was rubbish at Liverpool and any idiot could win the SPL with Celtic's resources.

He apparently was given the Liverpool job because he presented them with a massive handbook he had written on how to build a successful team. Didn't quite work out for him though.

judas
10-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Don't like him - he was rubbish at Liverpool and any idiot could win the SPL with Celtic's resources.

He apparently was given the Liverpool job because he presented them with a massive handbook he had written on how to build a successful team. Didn't quite work out for him though.

Winning the spl with Celtic is indeed a farcically easy task

To be fair, he did have one excellent season with Liverpool and took them closer to the title most in the - what - 20 years preceding.

rotherhamrob
10-12-2017, 04:58 PM

I'm the opposite as I've never liked him.
The only time he praises another team is in a condescending way if celtic have won.
I can't wait till they're beaten ,then we'll see the real br.
Hope accies do them the smarmy faced git.

JohnMcM
10-12-2017, 04:58 PM

Think you're onto something there.

givescotlandfreedom
10-12-2017, 05:00 PM
Good, we're getting under his skin by having the audacity to actually give them a game. Hearts, Aberdeen and Sevco lie down and let them get their bellies tickled.

HFCdeb
10-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Whenever I hear him speak I think of Father Stone from Father Ted, the most boring voice/man in the universe.

Leith Green
10-12-2017, 05:06 PM
Whenever I hear him speak I think of Father Stone from Father Ted, the most boring voice/man in the universe.

😂

Bishop Hibee
10-12-2017, 05:08 PM
He’s a horses erse. Sour grapes.

Arch Stanton
10-12-2017, 05:10 PM

To be fair, he did have one excellent season with Liverpool and took them closer to the title most in the - what - 20 years preceding.

In other words he was perfectly good until he (or his committee rather) started recruiting players. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
10-12-2017, 05:14 PM
Bellend. Non achiever in the big games.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
10-12-2017, 05:15 PM
Whenever I hear him speak I think of Father Stone from Father Ted, the most boring voice/man in the universe.Ha ha. Definitely.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-12-2017, 05:16 PM
I think that he has been fair in the past when he has made comments about Hibs. Today's game wasn't about McGinn v Brown but given the howlers his front guys had and that his team were unprofessional enough to put the tools away before the shift was over, may be it is not so surprising that he is looking for small victories.

JohnM1875
10-12-2017, 05:22 PM
I think it’ll probably hurt him not being able to get one over on Lennon in the two league games.

Celtic fans obviously still hold Neil in high regard and it’ll hurt him that Lennon has came so close to beating his seemingly invincible team on 2 occasions.

The guys a total weapon and I can’t stick him.

MWHIBBIES
10-12-2017, 05:22 PM

Rafa took it as close in 09

Fergus52
10-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Anyone with a giant framed picture of themselves in their hall way is gonna be a total w*nker.

Pretty sure he left his wife for a woman in her 20s after he first did well with Swansea as well.

Caversham Green
10-12-2017, 05:40 PM

Don't think he would handle it to well, smug git that he is.

I like the man (or used to like him) but he was an abject failure at Reading and definitely didn't handle the pressure well. He had a serious meltdown with a local reporter (Tim Dellor) just before he was replaced by Brian McDermott. Under wee Brendan Reading were looking a good bet for relegation to the third tier - they hadn't even scored a goal at home for almost a year - Wee Brian took over around this time of year and got the same squad (with a couple of very astute additions in January) to within a point of the play-off places. Reading won the Championship under McDermott the following season.

Conclusion: McDermott is a better manager than Rodgers, but not as fortunate.

Thecat23
10-12-2017, 05:42 PM
He looks a creepy wee *******. The type of person who’d stand in your back garden looking in your kitchen window with those creepy eyes!

Jones28
10-12-2017, 05:42 PM
Came across a real fud IMO, very bitter.

Caversham Green
10-12-2017, 05:43 PM
Anyone with a giant framed picture of themselves in their hall way is gonna be a total w*nker.

Pretty sure he left his wife for a woman in her 20s after he first did well with Swansea as well.

His son Anton (not the deid actor) is not exactly as pure as the driven snow either.

Seveno
10-12-2017, 05:51 PM
If Brown performed so well against Super John, how come he spent so much time on his backside?

NAE NOOKIE
10-12-2017, 05:52 PM
Brown had a decent game today, but so did SJM, more than holding his own against the unbookable one and that's all that matters for me ..... Rodgers petted lip is no doubt a result of the team he claimed to have "tired out" still managing two goals against them near the end.

I wonder if he would have been so dismissive if Celtic had managed a draw with PSG playing the same way as Hibs did today ... I doubt it.

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2017, 05:59 PM

Have you seen his ex wife, i'd have left her too for a 20 odd year old, even an ugly one. :greengrin

J-C
10-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Brown fouled SJM twice in the 1st 5 mins, he totalled 5 fouls and zero yellow card, he's a dirty wee scrote who gets away with murder every game, Beaton had a shocker today.

Roxyhibee
10-12-2017, 06:05 PM
Absolutely no way Brown even shaded McGinn today. Quite the opposite Mr Rodgers - you're very happy to be patronisingly magnanimous when you get your 3 points, but don't like a challenge eh.? Tw@t.

He looked anxious anytime SJM came near him, trying to look as if he was in control in a "I've got this" bluff.

Funniest bit of today was when he was about to try and given Marvin one of his hilarious hard man (but actually nervous) stares.! Lasted about 3 seconds, then sure he realised he was out of his depth as Marv started laughing..

Betty Boop
10-12-2017, 06:21 PM
Has Rodgers fell out with Sparky ?

Paisley Hibby
10-12-2017, 06:26 PM

Rogers is an utter ****

stantonhibby
10-12-2017, 06:28 PM

Bit like your self......did you honestly leave today after 60 odd mins ?

green day
10-12-2017, 06:36 PM
BR is always decent about teams when his lot have strolled it.

It says much about the man that he can't even give one bit of praise for Hibs.

He suggested his team were braw and made errors for the goals. Eh, no **** Sherlock, what about yours? A follow up off the post and a deflection.the man's an arse.

Lancs Harp
10-12-2017, 06:41 PM
He can say what he wants in public, personally I dont really care but his team blew a 2 goal lead in a game they were coasting (at that particular stage), we put then under a bit of pressure and they showed signs of crumbling. I bet he gave them pelters in the dressing room after the game. Celtic are a good team, they play some good stuff and are currently head and shoulders above anyone else in the Scottish game but if anyone is good enough to put a bit of pressure on them they can look vulnerable.

Smartie
10-12-2017, 06:50 PM
Bit like your self......did you honestly leave today after 60 odd mins ?

Ha ha, very fair point.

I did.

TBH I was just miserable. Absolutely freezing and I was totally hacked off.

I thought it was going to be 5 or 6, the party songs were in full flow in the South Stand and I just didn't have any desire to stay and watch it.

When I got back to the flat I had a slightly perplexing text from a mate and only then checked the score.

The team, the manager and all of you who stayed deserve great credit tbh. Digging out a result (that by the sounds of it could have been even better) from that position, against that opponent takes great resilience.

That's the earliest I've ever left a game, I normally never leave early.

It won't happen again.

Aldo
10-12-2017, 07:10 PM
Opinions eh!!
Rodgers is entitled to his but should have given us some credit! Classless IMHO!

On a side note I wonder if we could get LG on loan in Jan??

Pete
10-12-2017, 07:33 PM
Greedy, buy-to-let, Celtic Tory *******.

stantonhibby
10-12-2017, 07:34 PM
Ha ha, very fair point.

I did.

TBH I was just miserable. Absolutely freezing and I was totally hacked off.

I thought it was going to be 5 or 6, the party songs were in full flow in the South Stand and I just didn't have any desire to stay and watch it.

When I got back to the flat I had a slightly perplexing text from a mate and only then checked the score.

The team, the manager and all of you who stayed deserve great credit tbh. Digging out a result (that by the sounds of it could have been even better) from that position, against that opponent takes great resilience.

That's the earliest I've ever left a game, I normally never leave early.

It won't happen again.

Fair play

givescotlandfreedom
10-12-2017, 07:45 PM

I just looked into that. Greedy twat indeed.

bingo70
10-12-2017, 07:50 PM

Buy to let?

-Jonesy-
10-12-2017, 07:58 PM
Considering SJM would be 6 or 7 years old when scott brown made his professional debut, old orange Brendon should put the crack pipe down and keep his overly veneered mouth shut.
Hope the bitter prick can't sleep tonight, right up ye ya pure stain.

bingo70
10-12-2017, 08:06 PM
The more I think about it the more I agree with the earlier poster who mentioned Rodgers being interested in signing Mcginn.

Rodgers: John Mcginn was outstanding today, our midfield (Scott Brown £4.5m and Ntcham £4.5m) really struggled to get to grips with him.

Negotiations day 1:-

Rodgers: I’d like to buy John Mcginn please, here’s £1.5–2m

Lennon: Megalolz Brendan, I’ll refer you to the last time we met.......

Even the wording of the interview was along the lines of “I like him but he’s got a lot to learn”......imo he’s already started his negotiations by saying he’d be buying potential rather than someone ready to start in his first 11. If he’d talked him up post match he’d be unable to justify trying to negotiate his price.

Swedish hibee
10-12-2017, 08:34 PM
He talks rubbish does Brendan. Been looking in his mirror too long! He needs to give us Leigh back. Wasted on a bench.

Tyler Durden
10-12-2017, 08:37 PM
Brown fouled SJM twice in the 1st 5 mins, he totalled 5 fouls and zero yellow card, he's a dirty wee scrote who gets away with murder every game, Beaton had a shocker today.

Whilst I agree with this, McGinn must have had 6/7 fouls aswell and don't think he got booked either?

Great to see McGinn get stuck in early though. Can see him dominating the game on Wednesday

bingo70
10-12-2017, 08:40 PM
Whilst I agree with this, McGinn must have had 6/7 fouls aswell and don't think he got booked either?

Great to see McGinn get stuck in early though. Can see him dominating the game on Wednesday

Think Rangers equivalent of Scott Brown is Ryan Jack (stop laughing at the back there), am i right in saying he’s suspended for Wednesday?

Is It On....
10-12-2017, 08:41 PM
I like the man (or used to like him) but he was an abject failure at Reading and definitely didn't handle the pressure well. He had a serious meltdown with a local reporter (Tim Dellor) just before he was replaced by Brian McDermott. Under wee Brendan Reading were looking a good bet for relegation to the third tier - they hadn't even scored a goal at home for almost a year - Wee Brian took over around this time of year and got the same squad (with a couple of very astute additions in January) to within a point of the play-off places. Reading won the Championship under McDermott the following season.

Conclusion: McDermott is a better manager than Rodgers, but not as fortunate.

Slight change of context but McDermott always reminds me of Matt Lucas.

inglisavhibs
10-12-2017, 09:09 PM

We only committed 10 fouls in the game. No way did McGinn commit 7 of them. That would mean the rest of the team only had 3 between them:confused:

lapsedhibee
10-12-2017, 09:11 PM
The more I think about it the more I agree with the earlier poster who mentioned Rodgers being interested in signing Mcginn.

Rodgers: John Mcginn was outstanding today, our midfield (Scott Brown £4.5m and Ntcham £4.5m) really struggled to get to grips with him.

Negotiations day 1:-

Rodgers: I’d like to buy John Mcginn please, here’s £1.5–2m

Lennon: Megalolz Brendan, I’ll refer you to the last time we met.......

Even the wording of the interview was along the lines of “I like him but he’s got a lot to learn”......imo he’s already started his negotiations by saying he’d be buying potential rather than someone ready to start in his first 11. If he’d talked him up post match he’d be unable to justify trying to negotiate his price.

snooky
10-12-2017, 09:18 PM

"The Wee Red Book"?

Nicho87
10-12-2017, 09:19 PM
He's smug an arrogant as people have said he loves moaning about budgets in Europe. But doesn't compare budgets domestically. Will be off to England soon enough, he will get bored up here soon.

yonder1875
10-12-2017, 09:19 PM
He really is a piece of crap.

Lago
10-12-2017, 09:26 PM
Opinions eh!!
Rodgers is entitled to his but should have given us some credit! Classless IMHO!

Seems to be 3rd choice at the moment.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2017, 09:36 PM
Think Rangers equivalent of Scott Brown is Ryan Jack (stop laughing at the back there), am i right in saying he’s suspended for Wednesday?

Yep 2nd game in a 3 match ban.

jabis
10-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Remember someone on the radio saying"if you asked Brendan the time,he'd explain to you how to build a clock"

If you can't interest them with intelligence,baffle them with bullish.....

SanFranHibs
10-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Brown had a decent game today, but so did SJM, more than holding his own against the unbookable one and that's all that matters for me ..... Rodgers petted lip is no doubt a result of the team he claimed to have "tired out" still managing two goals against them near the end.

I wonder if he would have been so dismissive if Celtic had managed a draw with PSG playing the same way as Hibs did today ... I doubt it.

Less bookings than a German comedian

silverhibee
10-12-2017, 11:20 PM
Has Rodgers fell out with Sparky ?

Looks like it, Sparky is out of favour by smug git.

silverhibee
10-12-2017, 11:23 PM
Opinions eh!!

Celtc won't let him go out on loan bud, but they may look to sell him in January.

£7m will be the asking price or there about.

Just Jimmy
10-12-2017, 11:46 PM
David Brent.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

poolman
11-12-2017, 12:06 AM
Rogers is a ****ing dick. I am sick fed up of the press making him out to be the saviour of Scottish football and how great he is. His bull**** reasoning about finances when playing PSG and Bayern and then not seeing the irony when asked about celtics versus Ross County's. I would be devasated to see super John go to that disgusting club with total ****ers employed by them in almost every position

Couldny put it better myself :agree:

Future17
11-12-2017, 05:38 AM
Celtc won't let him go out on loan bud, but they may look to sell him in January.

I can't see anybody paying that for LG.

J-C
11-12-2017, 08:25 AM
I can't see anybody paying that for LG.

94 goals in 160 starts for Celtic and a Scottish internationalist, I'm pretty sure there'll be a good few teams wanting his services, his main problem is he hates being away from his kids.

Crazyhorse
11-12-2017, 01:21 PM
Remember someone on the radio saying"if you asked Brendan the time,he'd explain to you how to build a clock"

If you can't interest them with intelligence,baffle them with bullish.....

He is also becoming more of a total co ck with each passing week.

jacomo
11-12-2017, 01:57 PM
94 goals in 160 starts for Celtic and a Scottish internationalist, I'm pretty sure there'll be a good few teams wanting his services, his main problem is he hates being away from his kids.

I reckon LG would bang them in for fun in the English Championship. And teams in that league have paid £10m for strikers before.

As you say though, he might not fancy it, unless it was a team in the North East and he could get back to Scotland frequently.

John_R_Corbett
11-12-2017, 02:01 PM

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/12/brendan-rodgers-john-mcginn-v-scott-brown-theres-no-contest/He's right, there wasn't, McGinn was miles better. Scott Brown is getting past it and only gets away with what he does because of who he plays for. Put him in any team outwith the OF where he wouldn't get away with what he does at smellsick, he'd be far less effective.

SeanWilson
11-12-2017, 02:09 PM
He's right, there wasn't, McGinn was miles better. Scott Brown is getting past it and only gets away with what he does because of who he plays for. Put him in any team outwith the OF where he wouldn't get away with what he does at smellsick, he'd be far less effective.

Every team in Scotland give him all the time in the world on the ball. Countless times yesterday he was aloud to bring the ball out from the back and stroll across the half way line without anyone even attempting to press him. If he is rushed or pressed he can't handle it anymore. Was an absolutely magnificent player but he's a shadow of that player now IMO.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-12-2017, 03:47 PM
Didn't give Hibs one bit of credit post match. He's alright when the media are kissing his arse!

He seems to be complimentary to opponents if his team has won the game, different story yesterday.

hibbydog
11-12-2017, 03:53 PM
Classless buffoon.

Comments about Brown v McGinn were wide of the mark.

Comments on the game overall were pretty accurate to be honest. Celtic should have been out of sight, but they let us back in and Rodgers did us a favour by starting without Griffiths or Dembele. Both would have finished at least one of their chances in the first half. But Rodgers will get no criticism for this because he is immune to it in the media.

And he only talks about budget differences when he suits him.

Conclusion; FUDD !!

Scouse Hibee
11-12-2017, 03:53 PM
He seems to be complimentary to opponents if his team has won the game, different story yesterday.

Yeah he's great at patronising.

oneone73
11-12-2017, 03:55 PM
Yeah he's great at patronising.

Good fit for Celtc then.

jgl07
11-12-2017, 04:24 PM
Brendan always was a sanctimonious git when he was at Liverpool. He was usually called Saint Brendan!

It is very unbecoming to attack a young player from another team, especially one who has been linked with a transfer bid.

Is he trying to justify bidding a lower sum?

#celtic class

Malthibby
11-12-2017, 04:53 PM
Classless buffoon.

Comments about Brown v McGinn were wide of the mark.

Comments on the game overall were pretty accurate to be honest. Celtic should have been out of sight, but they let us back in and Rodgers did us a favour by starting without Griffiths or Dembele. Both would have finished at least one of their chances in the first half. But Rodgers will get no criticism for this because he is immune to it in the media.

And he only talks about budget differences when he suits him.

Conclusion; FUDD !!

Well that saves me having to think about what to say.:agree:
GG

Sammy7nil
11-12-2017, 09:13 PM

I agree then a £1.5 - £2 million bid would be accepted with out a backwards glance.

Sir David Gray
11-12-2017, 09:23 PM

I might need to up my asking price down the Leith Docks then. :greengrin

SRHibs
11-12-2017, 09:24 PM
He was complimentary after the first 2-2 when we got the better of them. You can see why he’d be disappointed not to have put this one to bed though.

Hibernia&Alba
11-12-2017, 09:25 PM

Correct on both counts.

Alan62
11-12-2017, 09:38 PM
I thought Brown had a great game. I thought McGinn was good but Brown drove his team forward and dominated midfield for most of the match. McGinn was more prominent in the closing stages but, all in all, it was a great tussle between two excellent midfielders.