PDA

View Full Version : Well done Hibs (poor small amount of fans)

RossScott1991
10-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Brilliant fight back, did not see that coming at all,thought for 70mins we were poor and lacked energy. Was flat from the off, this Celtic team are there to get at if you can show good energy and get them turning. That’s 6 goals in 3 games we have notched against them, might have ended up nicking it at the end. The attitude to get back into it was brilliant. Just a slight negative for me was I noticed where I was sitting in the east soo many fans leaving after Sinclair got his 3rd disallowed. Poor show it was only about 72nd minute. This hibs team have abit of grit about them, Aberdeen at hampden another example. Stick with them, they deserve it.

And finally...
Ambrose MOTM by a mile IMO.

greenlex
10-12-2017, 04:44 PM
I thought we got it absolutely spot on up till we went behind. The mistakes apart we were doing just fine.

keep the faith
10-12-2017, 08:07 PM
Brilliant fight back, did not see that coming at all,thought for 70mins we were poor and lacked energy. Was flat from the off, this Celtic team are there to get at if you can show good energy and get them turning. That’s 6 goals in 3 games we have notched against them, might have ended up nicking it at the end. The attitude to get back into it was brilliant. Just a slight negative for me was I noticed where I was sitting in the east soo many fans leaving after Sinclair got his 3rd disallowed. Poor show it was only about 72nd minute. This hibs team have abit of grit about them, Aberdeen at hampden another example. Stick with them, they deserve it.

And finally...

Agree with you about the early leavers. Been a few threads on this issue and I will never understand so many in our crowd leaving early every week.
This team plays right until the end. Out fans should stay to the end and appreciate what we are seeing.

Keith_M
10-12-2017, 08:09 PM
Agree with you about the early leavers. Been a few threads on this issue and I will never understand so many in our crowd leaving early every week.
This team plays right until the end. Out fans should stay to the end and appreciate what we are seeing.

The early leavers missed the goals, so got their just desserts.

:wink:

Thecat23
10-12-2017, 08:16 PM
I thought we got it absolutely spot on up till we went behind. The mistakes apart we were doing just fine.

Really? You think sitting in letting them have all the ball and let’s be honest will eventually score is doing fine. People need to stop playing for a draw and showing Celtic to much respect. It clearly showed when we went at them they cracked. Celtic on another day may have scored 4 or 5. We should never be dominated like that by any Scottish team and certainly not start attacking them after 75 mins.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2017, 08:25 PM
Really? You think sitting in letting them have all the ball and let’s be honest will eventually score is doing fine. People need to stop playing for a draw and showing Celtic to much respect. It clearly showed when we went at them they cracked. Celtic on another day may have scored 4 or 5. We should never be dominated like that by any Scottish team and certainly not start attacking them after 75 mins.

Correct. Although I'm obviously thrilled about the comeback and the spirit the team showed to get back into the game, I was disappointed with the way that we approached the game.

If we had shown a bit more positivity instead of waiting until we're 2-0 down before having a go then we might have actually won the game.

We had Celtic on the ropes for the last 15 minutes today. There was very little of the aggression we showed in that period during the other 75 minutes and that disappointed me.

greenlex
10-12-2017, 08:32 PM

Yup. Our own defensive lapses aside Rocky had one game save to make first half. The game plan was much like the cup semi final. Give them possession in their own half. If you press them high they will just pass it round you. Nothing wrong with it. They are better than us by quite a ways. I will concede we needed to be better on the ball but we were doing just fine.

Ilovehibs
10-12-2017, 08:35 PM
The early leavers missed the goals, so got their just desserts.

:wink:
Was thinking that too.

Danderhall Hibs
10-12-2017, 08:44 PM
Yup. Our own defensive lapses aside Rocky had one game save to make first half. The game plan was much like the cup semi final. Give them possession in their own half. If you press them high they will just pass it round you. Nothing wrong with it. They are better than us by quite a ways. I will concede we needed to be better on the ball but we were doing just fine.

:agree: it was going well until they got a bit of luck.

Thecat23
10-12-2017, 08:48 PM

Have to disagree with you on this one Lex. I thought Hibs were brutal especially first half. Until we scored that’s when we went at them and got a draw. Not sure how folk think sitting in hoping for the best is the way forward. Semi we sat in got roasted then changed it and came back looking the better side.

Another 10 mins I think Hibs could have won it, all because we stopped letting them have the ball.

Leith Green
10-12-2017, 08:48 PM
People giving flack to other supporters for leaving early i find strange. I left after the 2nd goal because my 5 year old laddie moaned the whole way through the game that he was freezing cold. He wasnt up for going going in the 1st place because a 5 year old doesnt want to sit freezing his mini sacks off. So take great delight in the fact that fellow supporters missed what was a great comeback if thats what floats ur boat , and totally ignore the hassle and effort it takes some people to support the team and try to bring their youngsters along with them.

Thecat23
10-12-2017, 08:49 PM
:agree: it was going well until they got a bit of luck.

We got lucky then as well with our goals. Both teams goals were preventable. But Celtic could and should have been out of sight. Forrest sitter for starters, that’s not doing fine that’s riding your luck.

Thecat23
10-12-2017, 08:51 PM
Correct. Although I'm obviously thrilled about the comeback and the spirit the team showed to get back into the game, I was disappointed with the way that we approached the game.

If we had shown a bit more positivity instead of waiting until we're 2-0 down before having a go then we might have actually won the game.

We had Celtic on the ropes for the last 15 minutes today. There was very little of the aggression we showed in that period during the other 75 minutes and that disappointed me.

That’s where am at. I’m gutted now looking back we never won it. Start the game in a positive manner we would have. Celtic aren’t what people think, the media love it and we all believe it. 🙄

greenlex
10-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Have to disagree with you on this one Lex. I thought Hibs were brutal especially first half. Until we scored that’s when we went at them and got a draw. Not sure how folk think sitting in hoping for the best is the way forward. Semi we sat in got roasted then changed it and came back looking the better side.

Another 10 mins I think Hibs could have won it, all because we stopped letting them have the ball.
I think being two goals up(just like the semi)perhaps change the way Celtic played as much as us changing the way we played. They slowed the game down. When they mive it quick they really are hard to pin down. When we changed we left big gaps that they exploited and could have scored two or three fairly easily. Yes we were more of a threat but that came at a huge risk. Had they had their shots g boots on it could have finished 3-6

Thecat23
10-12-2017, 08:57 PM
I think being two goals up(just like the semi)perhaps change the way Celtic played as much as us changing the way we played. They slowed the game down. When they mive it quick they really are hard to pin down. When we changed we left big gaps that they exploited and could have scored two or three fairly easily. Yes we were more of a threat but that came at a huge risk. Had they had their shots g boots on it could have finished 3-6

I think it’s simply down to Hibs having nothing to lose and thinking **** it. Where that attitude should be applied from the start. I get others like yourself wont agree that’s football 😁

Hibs will win more games if they go out to win them rather than hope for a draw or worry about the other teams tactics. Play to your own strengths and that imo is we are better attacking teams.

greenlex
10-12-2017, 09:02 PM
I think it’s simply down to Hibs having nothing to lose and thinking **** it. Where that attitude should be applied from the start. I get others like yourself wont agree that’s football 😁

Hibs will win more game if they go out to win them rather than hope for a draw or worry about the other teams tactics. Play to your own strengths and that imo is we are better attacking teams.
I agree against anyone else but you can’t do that for 90 mins against Celtic. Others have tried and eventually run out of steam. We should’ve been better on the ball when defending like that and that was ultimately hiow we ended two goals behind. Upside was we had to change and got our two goals. It could just as easily ended in a right good hiding.

G B Young
10-12-2017, 09:02 PM
I wasn't able to go to the game today and was unable to keep tabs how it was progressing, so I'm coming at it from the perspective of somebody who saw the final score and whose reaction was one of delight.

I accept it may have been frustrating to be there and feel we showed Celtic too much respect, but if you step back and think about the fact we've emerged unbeaten from both league games and scored four goals against them then I think there's a lot to be pleased by. Both games have been widely praised by the media so we're obviously doing something right.

As a big Neil Lennon fan, I'm happy to put my faith in his tactics. Would anyone seriously have been unhappy with a pair of 2-2 draws with Celtic so far this league campaign? Yes, maybe if we'd adopted a more gung-ho approach early on we might have taken the lead, but might equally have then been overrun.

It's a well done Hibs from me and if we can take something off The Rangers in midweek we'll have made a great start to a very demanding month.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-12-2017, 09:23 PM
People giving flack to other supporters for leaving early i find strange. I left after the 2nd goal because my 5 year old laddie moaned the whole way through the game that he was freezing cold. He wasnt up for going going in the 1st place because a 5 year old doesnt want to sit freezing his mini sacks off. So take great delight in the fact that fellow supporters missed what was a great comeback if thats what floats ur boat , and totally ignore the hassle and effort it takes some people to support the team and try to bring their youngsters along with them.

Don't think anyone delighting in the likes of yourself & child missing the comeback, , my son was't feeling 100% today and I thought from the start we might have to leave early - but as it happened we didn't. Loads of adults without children walked out long before the end though, it is their choice but a strange one at 2-0 when a game is never over.

Leith Green
10-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Don't think anyone delighting in the likes of yourself & child missing the comeback, , my son was't feeling 100% today and I thought from the start we might have to leave early - but as it happened we didn't. Loads of adults without children walked out long before the end though, it is their choice but a strange one at 2-0 when a game is never over.

Id sooner take issue with fans who dont bother their ***** to go along to matches than with people leaving early. At least they pay their money and are entitled to leave at their own discretion. I dont understand people having a go at fans for leaving early

mcohibs
10-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Few lads in front of me who stood up to leave after Celtic's third goal 'went in'. Once they realised it was disallowed they stopped to turn back but probably realised they'd look daft if they went to sit back down again and opted to leave anyway. Each to their own but I'd be feeling like a bit of a muppet if I were them m.

leither17
11-12-2017, 01:39 AM
I stood up to leave at 3-0 took 2 steps forward and when it was disallowed i sat back down

aussie_hibee
11-12-2017, 01:58 AM

I feel the same and have given this abit of thought. That's 3 times now where we have only pressed them and hada go at them in the 2nd half. I am beginning to wonder if NL thinks it isbetter to get to HT and still in the game and then trying
to match them for 45 mins. Whether he feelsit’s too hard to press them constantly for 90 mins. Or maybe he feels after HT,it negates the opportunity for Rodgers to address any issues at HT.

But it certainly seems to me that a patternis emerging and it’s for a reason.

N.B. I’m not saying I agree with it, just anobservation.

RIP
11-12-2017, 07:41 AM
Id sooner take issue with fans who dont bother their ***** to go along to matches than with people leaving early. At least they pay their money and are entitled to leave at their own discretion. I dont understand people having a go at fans for leaving early

Understand your sentiment mate.

Paying customers can leave early at concerts, at the theatre or at the cinema. Admittedly they would look a plum for doing so in that environment. However I guess being a football supporter is slightly different from being just a paying customer in that you come along with the intention of supporting your team.

On reflection I would never give people a hard time for leaving early. Not every fan has the bottle to stick it out when the going gets tough.

Geo_1875
11-12-2017, 11:19 AM
Understand your sentiment mate.

Paying customers can leave early at concerts, at the theatre or at the cinema. Admittedly they would look a plum for doing so in that environment. However I guess being a football supporter is slightly different from being just a paying customer in that you come along with the intention of supporting your team.

On reflection I would never give people a hard time for leaving early. Not every fan has the bottle to stick it out when the going gets tough.

That's because you're there to be entertained and can be a critic if that's not happening.

I know a few older guys who always leave at 80 minutes in games where the barrier is in place. If they stay to the end they have to wait 20+ minutes or walk the long way round in the crowd. It is ridiculous that the home fans are treated this way at Easter Road but nowhere else in Scotland.

Kojock
11-12-2017, 11:22 AM
I don't see why anybody has to justify leaving early, if you want to leave then leave, if you want to stay then stay. Makes no difference to me.

matty_f
11-12-2017, 11:31 AM
I don't see why anybody has to justify leaving early, if you want to leave then leave, if you want to stay then stay. Makes no difference to me.

Same here.

Dashing Bob S
11-12-2017, 11:38 AM

Exactly this. I don't get all this having a big problem what other people choose to do, provided they aren't obnoxious or abusive. Getting out of a seat you've paid for going home doesn't fit into that category.

Thecat23
11-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Same here.

Same here, I left the Falkirk semi final at 0-3 and to this day don’t regret it. Caught the end on tv missed the horrible long wait to get back and headed out for beers. Great day as it turned out!

Shrekko
11-12-2017, 11:39 AM

Probably makes a difference to the players though.

Everyone’s entitled to do what they want. I just think we have an unusually high number of fans who leave early either as a matter of course or because we’re losing. It’s weird sitting opposite the East Stand and seeing it empty every week from 80 minutes on.

Thecat23
11-12-2017, 11:41 AM
I feel the same and have given this abit of thought. That's 3 times now where we have only pressed them and hada go at them in the 2nd half. I am beginning to wonder if NL thinks it isbetter to get to HT and still in the game and then trying
to match them for 45 mins. Whether he feelsit’s too hard to press them constantly for 90 mins. Or maybe he feels after HT,it negates the opportunity for Rodgers to address any issues at HT.

But it certainly seems to me that a patternis emerging and it’s for a reason.

N.B. I’m not saying I agree with it, just anobservation.

That could well be the case, but even the second half I thought we were very poor. It wasn’t until 0-2 down 75 mins in we started to play. If you want to hold them till HT at least come out all guns blazing and hit them where it hurts.

G B Young
11-12-2017, 11:50 AM
That could well be the case, but even the second half I thought we were very poor. It wasn’t until 0-2 down 75 mins in we started to play. If you want to hold them till HT at least come out all guns blazing and hit them where it hurts.

These quotes are from Tom English's BBC report of yesterday's game:

"This was an epic tussle that got better and better as the day wore on. The closing stages were so frenetic it rendered the biting cold an irrelevance.
"It was bonkers and utterly brilliant. Maybe - probably - the game of the season."
"An astonishing, breathless game. Wonderful."

The same reporter was at Tynecastle on Saturday and reported thus:

"On a perishingly cold Edinburgh afternoon, this was a grind of a football match, a game that often lacked composure, wit and anything that might have taken the mind off the temperature."
"Misplaced pass followed misplaced pass. Aimless punt downfield followed aimless punt downfield."
"The opening half was a dreadful exercise in players running around in a frenetic pursuit of the ball."

Were we really 'very poor'? As I've stated earlier, I didn't see the game but it doesn't SOUND like we were. But if we really were poor and drew 2-2 with Celtic, it bodes well for when we play well :greengrin

MyJo
11-12-2017, 12:09 PM
I'm very much in the "stay to the end no matter what" camp usually but yesterday it was just me and my son as the rest of the family weren't feeling well, he was playing with my phone rather than watching the match and i genuinely could not feel my toes it was so cold so gave in 15 minutes from the end thinking we weren't going to be getting back into the match anyway and waiting to the end would mean another half hour standing about in the cold as i sit in the very back row of the east.

First goal went in as we were at the bottom of the stairs, second went in as we were walking down the hill and out the gate.....was gutted to have missed it but delighted at the result. The 8 year old who wasn't even watching the match then says "I told you we should have stayed" when we get to the car.

CMurdoch
11-12-2017, 02:24 PM

This reminds me of when I first took my son to games.
When he was 6 I asked him is he wanted a season ticket for his birthday.
Without hesitation he told me "No, it is cold and boring"
15 years later he sits next to me in the East and I complain about the cold :wink:

SeanWilson
11-12-2017, 02:35 PM

And finally...
I left my seat at 62 minutes. I could have left at 30 minutes. For an hour that was like watching a bobby Williamson match. I ****ing hate people moaning about folk leaving - I and anyone else can do what they want once they've bought a seat.

greenlex
11-12-2017, 02:39 PM
I havent left early since I missed Pat Stanton’s equaliser at Tynecastle.

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 02:47 PM
I seen people leaving when Halliday scored to make it 2-1. Imagine how that feels.

ian cruise
11-12-2017, 02:47 PM
I thought we did what we needed to to contain Celtic in the first half, if we'd come out and gone for it right from the off we turned leaving ourselves exposed and getting a hammering. It's tight at the top just now so that one point could make the difference.

Overall I was pleased with the performance and thoroughly enjoyed the game, even if I did feel a bit gutted at not getting the three points at the end. A draw was probably a fair result, they had as many chances as we did that were cracking saves or poor misses. I don't think we've anything to be ashamed of drawing against that Celtic side, we made them look pretty ordinary and other games have shown they've a fair few players who are pretty class on their day.

Nakedmanoncrack
11-12-2017, 02:53 PM
These quotes are from Tom English's BBC report of yesterday's game:

"This was an epic tussle that got better and better as the day wore on. The closing stages were so frenetic it rendered the biting cold an irrelevance.
"It was bonkers and utterly brilliant. Maybe - probably - the game of the season."
"An astonishing, breathless game. Wonderful."

The same reporter was at Tynecastle on Saturday and reported thus:

"On a perishingly cold Edinburgh afternoon, this was a grind of a football match, a game that often lacked composure, wit and anything that might have taken the mind off the temperature."
"Misplaced pass followed misplaced pass. Aimless punt downfield followed aimless punt downfield."
"The opening half was a dreadful exercise in players running around in a frenetic pursuit of the ball."

Were we really 'very poor'? As I've stated earlier, I didn't see the game but it doesn't SOUND like we were. But if we really were poor and drew 2-2 with Celtic, it bodes well for when we play well :greengrin

It's not a game i recognise tbh, I thought it was very poor (from both teams) for most of game, lots of misplaced passes etc, and not helped by a pitch that wasn't thawed out properly. It livened up magnificently at the end and could have had a great climax had that shot not been blocked, but game of the season? Is Scottish football really that bad?

brog
11-12-2017, 03:41 PM

I'm with you 100% on this Cat. We don't need to go crazily gung-ho early doors but we can do a bunch of little things that send a clear message we're out to win the game. Firstly, have everyone play 5 yards further up the park. That way if someone plays a suicide pass we can possibly still redeem the situation. Secondly don't play probably our most gifted player in a position for which he is eminently not suited. Stokes pass for our 2nd goal was a thing of beauty & great credit to Lewis for making the positive run. We got lucky yesterday. Celtc had 3 one on ones with Forrest, Lustvig & Sinclair before they scored. If those had gone in our game plan would have been ruined early on. I'm very happy with the result but hope NL has a wee rethink going forward.

Johnny Clash
11-12-2017, 05:15 PM
I seen people leaving when Halliday scored to make it 2-1. Imagine how that feels.

I bet they never admit to that mistake of a lifetime!

Hermit Crab
11-12-2017, 05:17 PM

On another day celtic would have scored at least 6 yesterday. We did not get it spot on.

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 05:18 PM
I bet they never admit to that mistake of a lifetime!

I would still be in my house greetin' to be fair. I always thought I would miss it for some reason or another. Sauzee made sure I was there though 👍

MyJo
11-12-2017, 05:28 PM
On another day celtic would have scored at least 6 yesterday. We did not get it spot on.

:agree: How James Forrest didn't score when he was through one on one with Marciano in the first 10 minutes is a complete mystery.....he completely fluffed it

hibbysam
11-12-2017, 05:31 PM
:agree: How James Forrest didn't score when he was through one on one with Marciano in the first 10 minutes is a complete mystery.....he completely fluffed it

That chance had nothing to do with how Hibs set up though, Dylan handed it to him on a plate. Until they scored I don’t remember another clear chance they had other than that. A lot of their big chances came when we were chasing the game. I said at half time it was going really well, they were ‘doninating’ While doing very little and we were creating small opportunities on the break (Boyle forcing a save from gordon being one)

ian cruise
11-12-2017, 05:36 PM
That chance had nothing to do with how Hibs set up though, Dylan handed it to him on a plate. Until they scored I don’t remember another clear chance they had other than that. A lot of their big chances came when we were chasing the game. I said at half time it was going really well, they were ‘doninating’ While doing very little and we were creating small opportunities on the break (Boyle forcing a save from gordon being one)

Twice Gordon made unbelievable one handed saves where he grabbed and held on to the ball in mid hair. Most keepers would have punched or palmed it away, I couldn't believe how well he grabbed both. He had a good game aside from the one (almost glorious) fumble at the end.

greenlex
11-12-2017, 06:15 PM

Two things mr Crab. You seem to have only half read my post. Secondly we drew the game in case you were one of those that left at 2 nil down. Could have won it too. Result says tactics were absolutely spot on. It’s now worked twice as we are unbeaten against them inThe league and putting up a decent semi final performance too scoring six times over the three games. I’m. no expert but I think Theres a good chance we could have been on the end of three hidings from them with different tactics . Yup absolutely spot on till we were behind.

blackpoolhibs
11-12-2017, 06:22 PM

Exactly, this thread is just an excuse to have a go at fellow supporters, why is beyond me?:confused:

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 06:39 PM
Exactly, this thread is just an excuse to have a go at fellow supporters, why is beyond me?:confused:

I tried to change the subject BH 😂

Ronniekirk
11-12-2017, 06:54 PM

Exactly what the guy in the East sitting next to me said when i was fretting. about how much possession Celtic had

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
11-12-2017, 07:00 PM

Very, very boring first 45 mins to watch though. Celtic dominating possession but both them and Hibs doing **** all is not great to watch. Boyles chance was the only one we had and Dylan handed them their chance as he had no positive thought in his mind. We barely had the ball.
I'll take the second 45 any time. I also don't think it was only about the last 15. I thought we were better to watch from the restart.

ancient hibee
11-12-2017, 07:19 PM

James Forrest missed that because that is the sort of player he is.Flatters to deceive.Much like the Celtic team who seem to think that making twenty passes and ending up in the same part of their own half that they started is the way Barcelona play.It was amusing to watch them strolling around when they were two up nonchalantly wandering over to take corners,waving to the crowd in one case and then wetting themselves during the last 15 minutes.The’ve reached their peak.

hibbysam
11-12-2017, 08:35 PM
Very, very boring first 45 mins to watch though. Celtic dominating possession but both them and Hibs doing **** all is not great to watch. Boyles chance was the only one we had and Dylan handed them their chance as he had no positive thought in his mind. We barely had the ball.
I'll take the second 45 any time. I also don't think it was only about the last 15. I thought we were better to watch from the restart.

When it comes to playing Celtic I don’t really care how it looks to the neutral and nor does Lennon thankfully. If we bore the life out of them and everyone else and sneak a late goal then outstanding. If we make it proper exciting and lose 5-0 I’m guessing folks wouldn’t be best pleased. You can’t go gung-ho at Celtic from minute 1 as they will pick you off easily and you’ll be on the end of a doing. Making it boring and frustrating them is most teams best chance of beating them. Don’t blame Dylan’s mistake on lack of positivity, it was just a piss poor decision by him.

Galahibby
11-12-2017, 08:38 PM

I have to say I thought the game was pretty flat for long periods but, to be fair, we could just as easily have had 4.

Kavinho
11-12-2017, 08:57 PM
I thought it was a fascinating opening 45 and a compelling second 45.

I thought we did really well for long periods and threw in a few howlers.

I think people here can only see 1 side of the game if we're talking about going at the team that's won the last 4 trophies up for grabs.

You may have an opinion that they aren't all that, but their run says otherwise.

We could have won, we could have been pumped.
Enjoyed the game thoughly.
It's very refreshing seeing us go toe to toe with the best team in the land and not be beaten in either league game.

Take it and move on.

Ggtth

Kavinho
11-12-2017, 08:58 PM
When it comes to playing Celtic I don’t really care how it looks to the neutral and nor does Lennon thankfully. If we bore the life out of them and everyone else and sneak a late goal then outstanding. If we make it proper exciting and lose 5-0 I’m guessing folks wouldn’t be best pleased. You can’t go gung-ho at Celtic from minute 1 as they will pick you off easily and you’ll be on the end of a doing. Making it boring and frustrating them is most teams best chance of beating them. Don’t blame Dylan’s mistake on lack of positivity, it was just a piss poor decision by him.

Ambrose should have hoofed it instead of giving it to him !!

Kavinho
11-12-2017, 09:02 PM
On the leaving early bit, I never do.
That's me. Seeing the stands emptying conveys a message of having given up, and I hate an away side feeling smug that they've driven us out early.
I always back the team the death.

That said there's always reasons to need to Leave early.. but the opposite team scoring is never a good enough one for my own mind.

matty_f
11-12-2017, 09:33 PM
Two things mr Crab. You seem to have only half read my post. Secondly we drew the game in case you were one of those that left at 2 nil down. Could have won it too. Result says tactics were absolutely spot on. It’s now worked twice as we are unbeaten against them I. The league and putting up a de ent semi final performance too scoring six times over the three games. I’m. One left but I think Theresa good chance we could have been on the end of three hidingsgki hat them with different tactics. Yup absolutely spot on till we were behind.

You've got this all wrong. The result only works when trying to make the point that it doesn't matter if we played well, we got beat. Only in that specific circumstance can you call on the result to back up your argument .

When it's to justify something positive, the result is a minor detail, easily dismissed as 'luck'.

Sammy7nil
11-12-2017, 09:39 PM

Here hear :agree:

Sammy7nil
11-12-2017, 09:41 PM
You've got this all wrong. The result only works when trying to make the point that it doesn't matter if we played well, we got beat. Only in that specific circumstance can you call on the result to back up your argument .

When it's to justify something positive, the result is a minor detail, easily dismissed as 'luck'.

Tell that to the losers the result is everything.

Sir David Gray
11-12-2017, 09:58 PM

I think the truth is half way between both of these polarising opinions.

If I'm being honest about yesterday, I thought we were fantastic in the last 15 minutes of the game, not just with the two goals but in our overall play. The pace that we played at, the urgency we showed to close Celtic down and the physical side of the game was all there to see. I don't think there's another team in Scotland who could have coped with how we played during that period and of course coming back from 2-0 down against the best team in the country is very impressive in itself.

However the rest of the match was disappointing from my point of view, I thought we were too passive in large spells and didn't really get close enough to Celtic for my liking. I thought we sat too deep and allowed them to take control of the ball too often. This was also the thoughts of Neil Lennon in his post match interview so there must be some truth in it.

I think it says a lot about how this club has grown over the last couple of years that we can come away from a match against a team that's gone almost 70 domestic games unbeaten and will undoubtedly win the league at a canter again this year, get a 2-2 draw against them after being 2-0 down with 15 minutes left and be left somewhat disappointed.

3 and a half years ago we could have only dreamed about that sort of scenario. We are definitely a club that's well and truly on the up and long may it continue.

MWHIBBIES
11-12-2017, 10:11 PM
The ones who leave early will be the ones not bothering if times get tough again. The ones who stay and support the team (this team absolutely deserves support) get their rewards.

Makes no difference to me really, if Shaw had scored his chance at the death they would have missed one of the greatest Easter Road moments ever. The idea of missing something like that will be enough to keep me at Easter Road till the death every week until my death.

SChibs
11-12-2017, 10:16 PM
If you leave early purely because we are getting beat then you are a poor supporter. On the basis a supporter is there to support the team but by leaving early you aren't doing much supporting!

I can understand reasons just as having kids with you or transport issues though

Sammy7nil
11-12-2017, 10:22 PM
If you leave early purely because we are getting beat then you are a poor supporter. On the basis a supporter is there to support the team but by leaving early you aren't doing much supporting!

I can understand reasons just as having kids with you or transport issues though

Is that's dribble on your chin or a slaver :confused: people can leave when they want and don't deserve to judged.

Garymcl
11-12-2017, 10:41 PM
Nobody should ever judge a supporter on the basis of them leaving early in my situation I often have to leave early on a Saturday as I start at 5pm in the corstorphine area I still purchased my season ticket in full knowledge of this staying in my seat at the top of east till final whistle as supporters know takes forever to get out as much as I hate leaving early and love my team my work pays for my season ticket catch 22 looking forward to Wednesday as I can stay to the end and celebrate a hibby victory :flag::flag:

ancient hibee
11-12-2017, 10:42 PM
Is that's dribble on your chin or a slaver :confused: people can leave when they want and don't deserve to judged.
However people are entitled to have opinions without being insulted are they not?

Johnny Clash
11-12-2017, 10:51 PM
Nobody should ever judge a supporter on the basis of them leaving early in my situation I often have to leave early on a Saturday as I start at 5pm in the corstorphine area I still purchased my season ticket in full knowledge of this staying in my seat at the top of east till final whistle as supporters know takes forever to get out as much as I hate leaving early and love my team my work pays for my season ticket catch 22 looking forward to Wednesday as I can stay to the end and celebrate a hibby victory :flag::flag:

Not a single poster is making an issue of supporters leaving before final whistle to start work, collect kids , catch a train etc the only comments that I’ve read are directed at those who petulantly storm out after we lose a goal. Tbh it was comedy gold on Sunday as two guys in my row jumped out their seats thinking Celtc had scored a 3rd then the guy in front doubled back when he realised it was offside and banged straight into Mr Angry behind him who hadn’t seen the flag up. Neither then knew what to do! Funny to see!!

keep the faith
11-12-2017, 11:01 PM

Of course people can leave when they like, but I think what's being said is - why WOULD you leave early? Of course some will have family arrangements, work or freezing kids and that's totally understandable. What I don't get is those who talk hibs all week, post on the chat boards, buy their season tickets then can't stay for 90 minutes to get a quick getaway leaving half empty stands to finish the game and applaud the players. It's bizarre.
Each to their own but it is a strange way to support the team in my opinion.

greenlex
11-12-2017, 11:07 PM
Rocky had one game deflected effort to save first half. That’s all he had to deal with the first 45.

YanYansen
11-12-2017, 11:31 PM
I think the truth is half way between both of these polarising opinions.

If I'm being honest about yesterday, I thought we were fantastic in the last 15 minutes of the game, not just with the two goals but in our overall play. The pace that we played at, the urgency we showed to close Celtic down and the physical side of the game was all there to see. I don't think there's another team in Scotland who could have coped with how we played during that period and of course coming back from 2-0 down against the best team in the country is very impressive in itself.

However the rest of the match was disappointing from my point of view, I thought we were too passive in large spells and didn't really get close enough to Celtic for my liking. I thought we sat too deep and allowed them to take control of the ball too often. This was also the thoughts of Neil Lennon in his post match interview so there must be some truth in it.

I think it says a lot about how this club has grown over the last couple of years that we can come away from a match against a team that's gone almost 70 domestic games unbeaten and will undoubtedly win the league at a canter again this year, get a 2-2 draw against them after being 2-0 down with 15 minutes left and be left somewhat disappointed.

3 and a half years ago we could have only dreamed about that sort of scenario. We are definitely a club that's well and truly on the up and long may it continue.

Well said.

The ones who leave early will be the ones not bothering if times get tough again. The ones who stay and support the team (this team absolutely deserves support) get their rewards.

Makes no difference to me really, if Shaw had scored his chance at the death they would have missed one of the greatest Easter Road moments ever. The idea of missing something like that will be enough to keep me at Easter Road till the death every week until my death.

I'm in the "not bothered" camp, it's up to folk what they want to do. But outside of necessities (trains, kids, whatever) it's this bit I don't understand. No one is telling me that all the types who head for the exits at 80-85mins every week all absolutely have to, and folk do it when games are in the balance. For me, the chance of seeing a winning goal far outweighs the few minutes of my day I lose by not being able to stride unhindered out of the stadium.

Sammy7nil
11-12-2017, 11:38 PM
However people are entitled to have opinions without being insulted are they not?

Yip but they should carry a tissue to wipe their chin:aok:

RIP
12-12-2017, 07:47 AM
The Exodus on Sunday had little to do with avoiding queues. It was a direct result of Sinclair apparently scoring a hatrick in a ten minute spell. And genuine fears of watching the roof cave in.

Most of us have been through games where Celtic gave us a pasting. As have the rest of Scottish football fans.

Not everyone has the stomach for a fight when your team is in this position. I'm just happy that unlike a tiny minority of fellow supporters, this team under Neil Lennon don't know when they are beaten.

ian cruise
12-12-2017, 08:33 AM
Celtic supporting colleague is of the opinion of the game went on for another ten minutes we'd have won. I found it hard to disagree.

Peevemor
12-12-2017, 08:45 AM
Celtic supporting colleague is of the opinion of the game went on for another ten minutes we'd have won. I found it hard to disagree.

They were as likely to score again as us IMO. After (deservedly) trailing by 2 goals, I'll take the draw.

JimboHibs
17-12-2017, 09:27 AM

That include yesterday ?