PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon

DarlingtonHibee
10-12-2017, 03:42 PM
Spoke to him at the AGM, the guy is a winner, but more importantly he is happy at Hibs. Great times to be a Hibee.

Onion
10-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Lennon has really grown into his role at Hibs, is tactically astute and able to drive / motivate the team for big matches. You sense this team will continue to get better under Lennon.

IlDiavola
10-12-2017, 04:20 PM
:nlgwa

we are hibs
10-12-2017, 04:35 PM
Wrong team started today but to be fair to him, not many would bring on Shaw ahead of Murray so he deserves credit for that. Hopefully the end of the stokes upfront on his own thing, it doesn't work. Go 2 up on Wednesday night and take the game to them from the off.

Borderhibbie76
10-12-2017, 04:37 PM
I love lenny but he started with the wrong team 2day...should have started 3 at back and 2 up top - as we finished the match

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

wookie70
10-12-2017, 04:45 PM
The team did better than I thought it would considering the starting line up. Stokes up front of his own was never going to work. Hope Lennon now realises that and can come of with a formation that suits the personnel. Against the The Rangers I think we have to go for today's finishing back four or a 3 at the back with Boyle wide right. He can't start Whitts again until he is fit and should never have played him today.

Hibee Mac
10-12-2017, 04:50 PM
I think we need a banner in the east saying "STOKES UP TOP ON HIS OWN NEVER WORKS!!!" otherwise I don't see Lennon ever realising it himself. Same story as Hampden, Shaw and Stokes up top together and we look a better side instantly.

SonOfDavidFrancey
10-12-2017, 05:05 PM
Bit off topic but I thought Rodgers’ post match comments were curmudgeonly and graceless.

Wee Effen Bee
10-12-2017, 05:06 PM
Maybe all the armchair managers, who have millions of hours of experience on FIFA, should phone Neil. Tell him, despite his team being in the top four and unbeaten against the champions elect this season, exactly where he is going wrong. 😁

Ich liebe Deek
10-12-2017, 05:12 PM
Rodgers jacket looked straight out of Matalan.Classless

Jack Hackett
10-12-2017, 05:18 PM

That's a bit unfair... he's just trying to blend in with the support

DarlingtonHibee
10-12-2017, 05:20 PM
Primark surely

Smartie
10-12-2017, 05:21 PM
I didn't think the first half or the starting lineup was that bad.

We kept it tight enough and prevented a very strong side from creating very much at all, their best first half chance was gifted to them.

He needed to change it at half time though and we were appalling for 20 minutes after the break.

I can't really comment on what happened after that as I left on 65 minutes. I thought it was going to be 5 or 6, so great credit to Lennon for turning that around.

Just because we got a bit of joy when we threw caution to the wind at the end doesn't necessarily mean we should have started that way, although I thought we invited Celtic onto us early in the second half and we got exactly what we deserved for that.

AK86
10-12-2017, 05:21 PM
Bit off topic but I think Rodgers’ is curmudgeonly and graceless.

Fixed that and Saved you a few words :wink:
The guy is tool. Definitely a dark side to that one.

Lago
10-12-2017, 05:47 PM
Maybe all the armchair managers, who have millions of hours of experience on FIFA, should phone Neil. Tell him, despite his team being in the top four and unbeaten against the champions elect this season, exactly where he is going wrong. 😁

:aok:

wookie70
10-12-2017, 05:57 PM

He effectively tells himself. That is the third or fourth game where we have went a couple down and changes made have completely changed the game. Today he changed his mind due to injuries as Murray was ready to come on. How Whitts took so long to be subbed is a mystery to me.Stokes cannot play on his own up front particularly in a game where the opposition will have the bulk of possession.

Northernhibee
10-12-2017, 05:58 PM
He's bad for not having the team set up right at the start of a game but he's very good at changing things so it's not a huge issue.

ancient hibee
10-12-2017, 07:44 PM

:top marks

Judge-Judy
10-12-2017, 07:49 PM
Wrong team started today but to be fair to him, not many would bring on Shaw ahead of Murray so he deserves credit for that. Hopefully the end of the stokes upfront on his own thing, it doesn't work. Go 2 up on Wednesday night and take the game to them from the off.

The Rangers are a different proposition to what we faced today, but I actually agree with you.

Borderhibbie76
10-12-2017, 08:51 PM
I didn't think the first half or the starting lineup was that bad.

We kept it tight enough and prevented a very strong side from creating very much at all, their best first half chance was gifted to them.

He needed to change it at half time though and we were appalling for 20 minutes after the break.

I can't really comment on what happened after that as I left on 65 minutes. I thought it was going to be 5 or 6, so great credit to Lennon for turning that around.

Just because we got a bit of joy when we threw caution to the wind at the end doesn't necessarily mean we should have started that way, although I thought we invited Celtic onto us early in the second half and we got exactly what we deserved for that.Why would you leave at 2 nil?? I just don't get this at all...the team deserve our support

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
10-12-2017, 08:56 PM

:top marksHe’s got it spot on in practically every game this season.

Listen to his post match interviews when we drop points and he calls it right every time. He sees the problems and fixes them.

Today was another prime example of him switching things up when it wasn’t going well.

We’re going to get better and better the longer he’s with us.

lord bunberry
10-12-2017, 08:58 PM
I might just do that, have you got his number? :greengrin

-Jonesy-
10-12-2017, 09:00 PM
I might just do that, have you got his number? :greengrin

Yes it's 3221052016

Or is that stubbsys?

wookie70
10-12-2017, 09:07 PM
:top marksHe’s got it spot on in practically every game this season.

Listen to his post match interviews when we drop points and he calls it right every time. He sees the problems and fixes them.

Today was another prime example of him switching things up when it wasn’t going well.

We’re going to get better and better the longer he’s with us.

Might be better switching it up before we go 2 goals down. He deserves credit for the changes today, albeit injuries enforced some of them, and the other times we have started poorly and got back into games but surely he must also take some of the responsibility for being 2 down. Lennon is doing a good job but that doesn't make him untouchable.

FifeHibs
10-12-2017, 09:29 PM
We have drawn twice with a team unbeaten in 68 domestic games. The only team to score 2 against them in 3 games.

Celtic have nailed Rangers 5-1 twice last year, knocked 3 past Aberdeen and 4 past Hearts.

Apart from giving them a chance with a wayward pass in the first half I thought the tactics worked well. Celtic will pass waiting on some charging out which we never did.

Think we must remember we were drawing with Morton away last December.

Arch Stanton
10-12-2017, 09:44 PM
Great idea - go hell for leather against Celtic from the off and get beat 5-0 and be totally down for our match against Rangers.

Course if you are not actually managing Hibs then of course you will win both games 5-0, - stands to reason.

Nothing worse than people talking as if they 'know' when in actual fact they "don't know".

hibbydog
10-12-2017, 09:49 PM
I am delighted that Neil Lennon is Hibs manager and I hope he stays as long as possible.

Great time to be a Hibby

matty_f
10-12-2017, 09:50 PM
I rate Lennon much more highly now than I ever did when he was at Celtc. I felt at that time he was winning by virtue of having the advantages of being at an Old Firm team rather than as result of his managerial capabilities.

At Hibs, he's definitely showing that there is substance to his reputation. We will undoubtedly have bad games and results under Lennon, because at our price range that's what you get, but they're less frequent than we might expect and we're very fortunate to have him.

Long may it continue.

andybev1
10-12-2017, 10:05 PM
Great idea - go hell for leather against Celtic from the off and get beat 5-0 and be totally down for our match against Rangers.

Course if you are not actually managing Hibs then of course you will win both games 5-0, - stands to reason.

Nothing worse than people talking as if they 'know' when in actual fact they "don't know".

I thought that was the point of being on the net, to talk to each other and give our opinions, being unhappy with the line-ups comes into that I would think.

Lago
10-12-2017, 10:06 PM
For me he sums the game up honestly and perfectly on BBC scotland sport web side.

Eesti
10-12-2017, 10:10 PM
Bit off topic but I thought Rodgers’ post match comments were curmudgeonly and graceless.

Agreed. I think up until now Rodgers has handled himself really well. But his comments post match were lacking in humility. Gone down in my estimations...

snooky
10-12-2017, 10:13 PM

That's a bit unfair...

To Rodgers or Matalan?

Nicho87
10-12-2017, 10:17 PM
Next Celtic manager...

ian cruise
11-12-2017, 08:11 AM
Might be better switching it up before we go 2 goals down. He deserves credit for the changes today, albeit injuries enforced some of them, and the other times we have started poorly and got back into games but surely he must also take some of the responsibility for being 2 down. Lennon is doing a good job but that doesn't make him untouchable.

We handled them pretty well in the first half, if maybe a, little cautiously, I'm the second half the two Celtic goals came in pretty quick succession so we were still reeling from the first when the second went in.

The Whittaker sub was held up by a poor ref who started the game with us with ten on the pitch even though the 4th official had signalled Baker could come off.

Agree it wasn't the correct starting formation but that's in retrospect. When I saw the starting line up I'll admit I was pleased, felt like a team and formation that could take the game to them.

Alex Trager
11-12-2017, 09:15 AM

He has a sense of self importance and believes his opinion to be above all others.
The way he treats the game up here is pathetic. I am not pleased that we missed the chance to wipe the smug smile off his face.

He’s a dick