PDA

View Full Version : Israel flag

Pages : [1] 2

HTD1875
10-12-2017, 03:37 PM
No need for that in the West stand today. I realise that Marciano is Israeli but doubt very much that it’s a coincidence the first outing of this flag ever at a hibs game is against Celtic. Very petty leave that to the old firm.

cabbageandribs1875
10-12-2017, 03:39 PM
No need for that in the West stand today. I realise that Marciano is Israeli but doubt very much that it’s a coincidence the first outing of this flag ever at a hibs game is against Celtic. Very petty leave that to the old firm.

maybe it was a israeli hibs fan supporting rocky :confused: flags of any given country can't hurt you :greengrin

Ozyhibby
10-12-2017, 03:41 PM

If it is it’s first outing then it is indeed out of order. No place for flag politics at Easter Road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.Sean.
10-12-2017, 03:42 PM
All very cringey I suppose but anything that winds up Celtic is fine by me.

green day
10-12-2017, 03:42 PM

I'm in the west so didn't see it.

Is it more worthy of a comment than the multiple Palestinian flags in the Celtic end, and the standard banner by "The wurulds best fans ©"?

CropleyWasGod
10-12-2017, 03:43 PM
Maybe it was the star of David Gray?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

givescotlandfreedom
If it was for Rocky fair enough. If it was political then it's a no from me.

HTD1875
maybe it was a israeli hibs fan supporting rocky :confused: flags of any given country can't hurt you :greengrin

If so then fair enough, just feel it’s more than likely someone trying to use politics to wind up Celtic fans bring a hibs flag next time

DH1875
Need to wait and see. Maybe Rocky had visitors over.

IGRIGI
10-12-2017, 03:45 PM
Supporting Rocky and winding up the Septic fans, win win for me.

DarlingtonHibee
10-12-2017, 03:46 PM

Any evidence to support your assumption?

Cat Stanton
10-12-2017, 03:46 PM

Is it more worthy of a comment than the multiple Palestinian flags in the Celtic end, and the standard banner by "The wurulds best fans ©"?

Best keep out of it, I think. There was a bizarre Old Firm game a few years ago when Septic were waving Palestinian flags and Sevco were waving Israeli flags. And I'd rather we weren't associated with anything Sevco supporters do.

Lendo
10-12-2017, 03:47 PM
Best keep out of it, I think. There was a bizarre Old Firm game a few years ago when Septic were waving Palestinian flags and Sevco were waving Israeli flags. And I'd rather we weren't associated with anything Sevco supporters do.

This

Pretty Boy
10-12-2017, 03:47 PM
Rocky was waving to people in the upper tier of the West at the end of the game. Maybe family or friends over?

HTD1875
10-12-2017, 03:49 PM
Any evidence to support your assumption?

Not sure what assumption I’m making? Perhaps I’ve never noticed it before but I’ve been at every game this season apart from Kilmarnock away and never seen this flag before?

Just rather hibs fans didn’t get involved in politics. What’s wrong with bringing a hibs flag?

Mon Dieu4
10-12-2017, 03:50 PM
Never saw the Israeli flag in our end but saw a **** ton of Palestinian flags in their end, it's a game of football ffs, give it a rest

Is It On....
10-12-2017, 03:52 PM
Maybe it was the star of David Gray?

Brilliant..that brought a wee chuckle..

DarlingtonHibee
10-12-2017, 03:56 PM
Not sure what assumption I’m making? Perhaps I’ve never noticed it before but I’ve been at every game this season apart from Kilmarnock away and never seen this flag before?

Just rather hibs fans didn’t get involved in politics. What’s wrong with bringing a hibs flag?

I'd be surprised if a Hibs fan got involved in this. Maybe a family member, or a fan recognises his country?

IlDiavola
10-12-2017, 03:57 PM
Rocky was waving to people in the upper tier of the West at the end of the game. Maybe family or friends over?

That sounds the likely answer then.

Hope so at least.

AgentDaleCooper
10-12-2017, 03:58 PM
Best leaving israeli and palestinian flags at home, even if it's in support of a player IMO. One hell of a situation over there.

hibsbollah
10-12-2017, 04:00 PM
I'm no fan of the Israeli state politically but I assumed it was in support of Rocky and nothing else. Nothing wrong with it.

10-12-2017, 04:00 PM
Celtic fans banner was the cringiest thing I’ve seen them do in a while. They seem to have as much of a grasp of the Israel/Palestine situation as Trump.

overdrive
10-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Is it any worse than the bigots waving Palestinian flags at him whilst warming up during half time?

IlDiavola
10-12-2017, 04:02 PM
Celtic fans banner was the cringiest thing I’ve seen them do in a while. They seem to have as much of a grasp of the Israel/Palestine situation as Trump.

And that is saying something.

Vault Boy
10-12-2017, 04:04 PM
Having an Israeli flag at a football match in which an Israeli International is playing for your team is not a political statement of any sort. It's those weird, obsessive cretins in the away end that take it as such.

Marciano was absolutely magnificent today too, deserved the support.

WestStandWillie
10-12-2017, 04:04 PM
A flag fir Marciano, that's aw.

Shall we bin the flag fir Slivka and Dave anaw?

Billychaotic182
10-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Maybe it was Rocky’s Family or friends celebrating the birth of his son. Some Folk need to get a grip

Frazerbob
10-12-2017, 04:07 PM
Wonder how Bitton feels playing in front of all the Palestine flags every week?

superbam
10-12-2017, 04:13 PM
Would imagine it is family/mates of Marciano. Doubt a random hibby would bring an Israeli flag to a game. It can get tae **** either way

Slavers
10-12-2017, 04:17 PM
Great to see the Israel flag at the game today showing support for Rocky! Those offended by it need to get a grip.

JDT
10-12-2017, 04:19 PM
Why would waving an Israeli flag upset Celtic fans?

hibsbollah
10-12-2017, 04:20 PM
Wonder how Bitton feels playing in front of all the Palestine flags every week?

It depends what his politics are, or even if he has any. Lots of Israelis don't support the government there and want a two state solution.

K.Marx
10-12-2017, 04:20 PM
There’s been no Israel flag for Rocky at any game this season, the fact someone has displayed one at this game is a direct response to either Celtic fans/or trumps decision, which is embarrassing and makes us no better than the Huns.

Heisenberg
10-12-2017, 04:23 PM
There’s been no Israel flag for Rocky at any game this season, the fact someone has displayed one at this game is a direct response to either Celtic fans/or trumps decision, which is embarrassing and makes us no better than the Huns.

How do you know it was a response? By the sounds of it they were friends/relatives of Marciano.

DarlingtonHibee
10-12-2017, 04:24 PM

So the fans can see the future now, ffs...

heretoday
10-12-2017, 04:24 PM
Looking forward to the Jerusalem derby. Should be a cracker.

K.Marx
10-12-2017, 04:25 PM
How do you know it was a response? By the sounds of it they were friends/relatives of Marciano.

If that’s the case then fair enough, but seems a bit coincidental to me

cabbageandribs1875
10-12-2017, 04:25 PM
whit a ******* state some folk get in about a flag :hilarious

Sir David Gray
10-12-2017, 04:26 PM
I have very strong views on this subject but I am consistent in saying that flags/songs of a political nature have no place in a football stadium.

The Celtic banner was embarrassing and if anyone was waving an Israel fan to wind them up then it's pretty sad.

hibsbollah
10-12-2017, 04:27 PM
I have very strong views on this subject but I am consistent in saying that flags/songs of a political nature have no place in a football stadium.

The Celtic banner was embarrassing and if anyone was waving an Israel fan to wind them up then it's pretty sad.

If he's just waving a flag in support of our goalie are you saying there's no place for that?

Onceinawhile
10-12-2017, 04:27 PM

Maybe, just maybe, they came over as it was a bigger game? Or because hannukah starts soon?

Hibee Mac
10-12-2017, 04:28 PM
Politics has no place in a football ground Celtic just continue to make me cringe at everything they do from the American style team huddles to political banners.

Mon Dieu4
If he's just waving a flag in support of our goalie are you saying there's no place for that?

**** you, I had a le Havre flag in honour of boozy, racist

Albanian Hibs

😂😂😂

hibsbollah
10-12-2017, 04:31 PM
**** you, I had a le Havre flag in honour of boozy, racist

I saw you ya ****ing radge, I topped it though with my full Nigerian army military regalia in support of Efe:flag:

SunshineOnLeith
10-12-2017, 04:34 PM

Five minutes apart :hilarious

The internet is hilarious.

DarlingtonHibee
10-12-2017, 04:34 PM

Wake up, it wasn't...

Mon Dieu4
10-12-2017, 04:35 PM
I saw you ya ****ing radge, I topped it though with my full Nigerian army military regalia in support of Efe:flag:

Next game I'm going decked head to toe in Hugo boss too acknowledge Matt Jack!!

Sir David Gray
10-12-2017, 04:35 PM

Nope if it was to support our own player then that's fine.

As you'll be aware, I am very pro-Israel but I don't bring my politics into a football environment and I don't like it when anyone else does do this.

Supporting individual players is fine.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Wake up, it wasn't...

That's fine then, there's no problem.

Arch Stanton
10-12-2017, 04:37 PM

And maybe that's what it is - a conicidence. They do happen you know - that's why they've got a name for them.

DarlingtonHibee
10-12-2017, 04:38 PM
Nope if it was to support our own player then that's fine.

As you'll be aware, I am very pro-Israel but I don't bring my politics into a football environment and I don't like it when anyone else does do this.

Supporting individual players is fine.

You just have....

hibsbollah
10-12-2017, 04:39 PM
Next game I'm going decked head to toe in Hugo boss too acknowledge Matt Jack!!

I had a triple bacon sausage and egg this morning. I called it the Matty Jack Roll.

Sorry:duck:

Pretty Boy
10-12-2017, 04:39 PM
It's the boys with the Ivory Coast flags when we go to Ibrox that get me.

At least I assume it's an Ivory Coast flag as surely no one taking a ROI flag would hold it the wrong way round?

J-C
10-12-2017, 04:41 PM
Didn't see an Israeli flag sitting in the East, certainly seen Celtic pro Palestinian banner, which have no right to be anywhere near a football pitch, politics and footie don't mix, I can see a fine coming Celtics way for the banners today.

hibsbollah
It's the boys with the Ivory Coast flags when we go to Ibrox that get me.

At least I assume it's an Ivory Coast flag as surely no one taking a ROI flag would hold it the wrong way round?

Stop bringing politics into this :grr:

Sir David Gray
You just have....

I just have what?

Firestarter
10-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Yep, let's not anger they saintly Celtic fans.

DarlingtonHibee
10-12-2017, 04:43 PM
Read your previous post about bring politics into a football environment, why are you posting on here?

BurghHibby
10-12-2017, 04:43 PM
Same old septic, always supporting terrorism, IRA & PLO.
Much prefer we keep all that out of football, it is meant to be the beautiful game after all, no need to bring the ugly side of the world into it.

hibsbollah
10-12-2017, 04:45 PM
As you'll be aware, I am very pro-Israel.

I hadn't noticed.

:fibber:

DarlingtonHibee
10-12-2017, 04:45 PM
Much prefer we keep all that out of football, it is meant to be the beautiful game after all, no need to bring the ugly side of the world into it.

This

Sir David Gray
10-12-2017, 04:46 PM
Read your previous post about bring politics into a football environment, why are you posting on here?

I think you know what I meant by saying "football environment".

Posting on an internet forum in response to a thread which wasn't started by me is hardly what I was talking about.

DarlingtonHibee
10-12-2017, 04:48 PM
I think you know what I meant by saying "football environment".

Posting on an internet forum in response to a thread which wasn't started by me is hardly what I was talking about.
Keep political view's off this site, is it attention seeking? You assumed something with no proof

greenlex
10-12-2017, 04:50 PM
10 pages

Haymaker
10-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Hurry up popcorn!

hibsbollah
10-12-2017, 04:53 PM
Hurry up popcorn!

If this gets moved to the Holy Ground I swear I'll do time :grr:

Betty Boop
10-12-2017, 04:53 PM
I hadn't noticed.

:fibber:
Nothing changes! Its like the old days. Third Intifada kicking off shortly.:rolleyes:

hibsbollah
10-12-2017, 04:55 PM
Nothing changes! Its like the old days. Third Intifada kicking off shortly.:rolleyes:

And that's just on hibs net.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2017, 04:56 PM
Keep political view's off this site, is it attention seeking? You assumed something with no proof

I didn't assume anything. I said IF it was to wind them up then it was sad.

A few people have clarified that the flag was actually in support of Marciano so that's fine and probably ends the discussion for me.

The Celtic fans and their foul mouthed banner and flags however...

Betty Boop
10-12-2017, 04:56 PM
And that's just on hibs net.

:greengrin

Eyrie
10-12-2017, 04:57 PM
Surely if you wanted to wind up the Celtc support you'd bring a union jack?

I'll incline to the view that it was for Marciano, providing the same people bring it back on Wednesday. If instead they have an Irish flag, then they're doing it to wind up the opposition and have little understanding of either political situation.

nonshinyfinish
10-12-2017, 04:58 PM
If this gets moved to the Holy Ground I swear I'll do time :grr:

I swear I'll do time if it doesn't :grr::grr::grr:

hibsbollah
10-12-2017, 05:01 PM
I swear I'll do time if it doesn't :grr::grr::grr:

Anti semite.

(that should do it)

silverhibee
10-12-2017, 05:03 PM
Why did the police/security not move in at the away end and remove the political statement from the rebels

7 Up
10-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Hopefully it was simply a case of someone supporting Rocky. Anything else is pretty pathetic.

Back in the day, I occasionally took a Moroccan flag to games to support Benji and Zemmama. It was a well-meaning gesture and nothing more than that, although obviously the Moroccan flag isn't as politically loaded as the Israeli one.

Frazerbob
10-12-2017, 05:08 PM
It depends what his politics are, or even if he has any. Lots of Israelis don't support the government there and want a two state solution.

I’ve been to Israel and the West Bank twice and have many Israeli pals, most of whom despise their government. They’re still proud Israelis and respect their flag. I often don’t like my government but will always love my country and flag.

ballengeich
10-12-2017, 05:10 PM
The Celtic supporters' banner read "Jerusalem is Palestine". Very metaphysical.

HibeeEmma
10-12-2017, 05:13 PM
Having an Israeli flag at a football match in which an Israeli International is playing for your team is not a political statement of any sort. It's those weird, obsessive cretins in the away end that take it as such.

Marciano was absolutely magnificent today too, deserved the support.

Even if i was his biggest fan and wanted to celebrate where he's from, given what's happened in the last week it's not the wisest thing to do. I doubt anyone can be THAT naive to whats going on that they are merely celebrating his greatness.

Doesn't take away his footballing ability.

weecounty hibby
10-12-2017, 05:26 PM
The ********s in the away end today are exactly why they are not welcome now nor will ever be welcome to play in England. An embarrassment to Scotland in everything they do. At the semi final it was Catalan flags they had, now it's Palestinian flags and as ever Flags of the Irish Republic. Any chance to try show they are the rebels, the underdog, the downtrodden. In actual fact they are none of these, they are now as establishment as the Huns they detest. The irony is that unfortunately I know way too many of these dicks and from my experience the one country that none of them want to be independent is the one that most of them live in. ********s of the highest order and I hate them more than the huns

Billychaotic182
10-12-2017, 05:26 PM
Even if i was his biggest fan and wanted to celebrate where he's from, given what's happened in the last week it's not the wisest thing to do. I doubt anyone can be THAT naive to whats going on that they are merely celebrating his greatness.

Maybe it was to celebrate the birth of his child

nonshinyfinish
10-12-2017, 05:28 PM
Anti semite.

(that should do it)

You leave my auntie out of this. That woman was a saint I tells ya, a saint.

Vault Boy
10-12-2017, 05:29 PM

Israeli foreign policy is too often conflated with the actual people of Israel. If we can't separate the two, i.e. show support for our number 1 who is an Israeli internationalist without it somehow relating to foreign policy, then it becomes a very precarious situation to be in.

I don't think it's naive at all and completely reject that notion, it's simply displaying that people define themselves, they aren't defined by their country of origin's issues. Waving a Nigerian flag for Efe wouldn't have anything to do with Boco Haram and waving an Israeli flag has nothing to do with the Palestine conflict.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2017, 05:35 PM
The ********s in the away end today are exactly why they are not welcome now nor will ever be welcome to play in England. An embarrassment to Scotland in everything they do. At the semi final it was Catalan flags they had, now it's Palestinian flags and as ever Flags of the Irish Republic. Any chance to try show they are the rebels, the underdog, the downtrodden. In actual fact they are none of these, they are now as establishment as the Huns they detest. The irony is that unfortunately I know way too many of these dicks and from my experience the one country that none of them want to be independent is the one that most of them live in. ********s of the highest order and I hate them more than the huns

:top marks I can't understand anyone who says that Celtic are any better than Rangers.

Two cheeks, one arse.

**** the pair of them, they are the scourge of society and an utter embarrassment to this country.

Hearts are obviously our biggest rivals but I hatred and contempt that I feel towards that pair is far greater than any feeling I have towards Hearts.

Johnny Clash
10-12-2017, 05:41 PM

Even more bizarre given some Sevconians were also doing the nazi salute whilst waving Israel flags!

Wee Effen Bee
10-12-2017, 05:57 PM

Terrorists or people fighting for rights/emancipation/recognition etc. etc.?

NAE NOOKIE
10-12-2017, 06:00 PM

This ..... their fans latch on to every 'cause' they can think of and the more they do it the more it seems like 'look at us' than any actual genuine affiliation with the cause they are claiming to be sympathetic to. Attention seekers the lot of them, its truly cringe worthy.

Keith_M
10-12-2017, 06:02 PM
Some people are making an awful lot of assumptions as to why somebody took the flag to ER today.

That's one reason that so many things get blown way out of proportion, that others are willing to read things into what others say and do...with absolutely no evidence whatsoever.

Let's examine the facts, as we know them:

There was 1 Israeli Flag in the Hibs End
Hibs goalkeeper is an Israeli.
There were loads of Palestinian flags in the Celtc end.
No Celtc players are Palestinian.
Celtc Supporters illegally sung numerous songs in support of a banned terrorist organisation

Given these facts, there is only one set of supporters that we can say with absolute certainty that were playing politics today.

Bishop Hibee
10-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Great post. Rocky was superb today and I’d have held an Israeli flag high in support of that performance.

lapsedhibee
10-12-2017, 06:15 PM
The Celtic supporters' banner read "Jerusalem is Palestine". Very metaphysical.
For a moment I wondered if they had meant to say that Jerusalem is Palestine's. But shirley no-one who went to all the trouble of making a banner would end up missing a letter out? :dunno:

Hibernia&Alba
10-12-2017, 07:01 PM
If it's a flag to support an Israeli player, I have no problem with it. Other than that, I don't want to see that flag at Easter Road. A state that has illegally occupied a state for half a century but refuses to acknowledge that, and which was founded upon ethnic cleansing and the creation of two million refugees; a state which continues to commit terrorism and war crimes, isn't something to celebrate, IMHO. This is just my view, but I don't want to see Hibs fans associating with the oppressor rather than the oppressed, Two sides to every story? Of course there are. Two sides as bad as each other? Not a chance. It's no coincidence the other place you see the Israeli flag in Scotland is Ibrox. If the flag was for Marciano from visitors from Israel, I'm fine with it; but that's my limit.

DarlingtonHibee
10-12-2017, 07:02 PM
If it's a flag to support an Israeli player, I have no problem with it. Other than that, I don't want to see that flag at Easter Road. A state that has illegally occupied a state for half a century but refuses to acknowledge that, and which was founded upon ethnic cleansing and the creation of two million refugees; a state which continues to commit terrorism and war crimes, isn't something to celebrate, IMHO. This is just my view, but I don't want to see Hibs fans associating with the oppressor rather than the oppressed, Two sides to every story? Of course there are. Two sides as bad as each other? Not a chance. It's no coincidence the other place you see the Israeli flag in Scotland is Ibrox. If the flag was for Marciano from visitors from Israel, I'm fine with it; but that's my limit.
Get over it.

Hibernia&Alba
10-12-2017, 07:04 PM
Get over it.

I am over it, as I said, but some things are much more important than football.

DarlingtonHibee
10-12-2017, 07:05 PM
I agree, by not on a football forum

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-12-2017, 07:05 PM

Maybe got confused with the west bank?

cabbageandribs1875
10-12-2017, 07:06 PM
israeli flag :panic::panic:

Lancs Harp
10-12-2017, 07:07 PM
Cabbage, thats a Scotland flag mate. :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
10-12-2017, 07:16 PM
:greengrin

Carheenlea
10-12-2017, 07:19 PM
Fly whatever you like at ER, but waving flags for political purpose isn't my idea of a fun day out at the football.

Johnny Clash
10-12-2017, 07:24 PM
:top marks I can't understand anyone who says that Celtic are any better than Rangers.

Two cheeks, one arse.

**** the pair of them, they are the scourge of society and an utter embarrassment to this country.

Hearts are obviously our biggest rivals but I hatred and contempt that I feel towards that pair is far greater than any feeling I have towards Hearts.

It’s easy to understand mate - especially when you see/hear the level of poisonous hatred spewing out of the away end on Wednesday night. Worst still should you encounter any tanked up Billy Boys wearing your Hibs scarf! They want to be up to their knees in your blood. They detest with a vengeance everything about our club and especially our history. Their arse is the ugliest of all.

Judge-Judy
10-12-2017, 07:27 PM
If so then fair enough, just feel it’s more than likely someone trying to use politics to wind up Celtic fans bring a hibs flag next time

Does anyone care if celtic fans feelings are hurt? I heard them singing songs about a British soldier named Lee Rigby before the match. No words can describe the disgust I felt.

Hibernia&Alba
10-12-2017, 07:31 PM
Does anyone care if celtic fans feelings are hurt? I heard them singing songs about a British soldier named Lee Rigby before the match. No words can describe the disgust I felt.

Totally agree, but we aren't the Old Firm. We all know what the idiots in the support of Celtic and Rangers are like.

hibsbollah
10-12-2017, 07:32 PM
Israeli foreign policy is too often conflated with the actual people of Israel. If we can't separate the two, i.e. show support for our number 1 who is an Israeli internationalist without it somehow relating to foreign policy, then it becomes a very precarious situation to be in.

I don't think it's naive at all and completely reject that notion, it's simply displaying that people define themselves, they aren't defined by their country of origin's issues. Waving a Nigerian flag for Efe wouldn't have anything to do with Boco Haram and waving an Israeli flag has nothing to do with the Palestine conflict.

:top marks absolutely agree.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2017, 07:37 PM
It’s easy to understand mate - especially when you see/hear the level of poisonous hatred spewing out of the away end on Wednesday night. Worst still should you encounter any tanked up Billy Boys wearing your Hibs scarf! They want to be up to their knees in your blood. They detest with a vengeance everything about our club and especially our history. Their arse is the ugliest of all.

Replace the Billy Boys with a disgusting song about Lee Rigby who was murdered in cold blood by extremists, replace The Famine Song with songs glorifying the IRA, a banned terrorist organisation responsible for the deaths of hundreds of innocent people, replace songs about the Pope with protests during silences for Remembrance Day.

The pair of them are utterly repugnant and the fact that I will be a bit safer today than I will be on Wednesday, going about with my Hibs scarf on, is beside the point.

Judge-Judy
10-12-2017, 07:42 PM
Replace the Billy Boys with a disgusting song about Lee Rigby who was murdered in cold blood by extremists, replace The Famine Song with songs glorifying the IRA, a banned terrorist organisation responsible for the deaths of hundreds of innocent people, replace songs about the Pope with protests during silences for Remembrance Day.

The pair of them are utterly repugnant and the fact that I will be a bit safer today than I will be on Wednesday, going about with my Hibs scarf on, is beside the point.

You are 100% correct sir.

TheReg!
10-12-2017, 07:44 PM

👏🏻 Correct

Bostonhibby
10-12-2017, 07:52 PM

The pair of them are utterly repugnant and the fact that I will be a bit safer today than I will be on Wednesday, going about with my Hibs scarf on, is beside the point.This is where I've always been in the debate about glasgows beasts. You can over analyse it though. Two cheeks is the perfect simple description.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
10-12-2017, 08:10 PM

I was in hospitality today and Marciano’s wife came through with quite a few people. I would suggest (without knowing) that this group had theflag with them.

Hibernia&Alba
10-12-2017, 08:11 PM
I was in hospitality today and Marciano’s wife came through with quite a few people. I would suggest (without knowing) that this group had theflag with them.

Which is fair enough.

Keith_M
10-12-2017, 08:14 PM
Fly whatever you like at ER, but waving flags for political purpose isn't my idea of a fun day out at the football.

See, you've just proved the point I made in my last post.

You have no idea what the motives were of the person who took the flag but you've already decided it was political.

Johnny Clash
10-12-2017, 08:14 PM

You’ll soon hear the entire away end belting out blood thirsty songs of hatred and intolerance. Some are the very bammers who make death threats to our manager and send bullets in the post to his family home.

I honestly do not know any hibee mates who are oblivious to the UNIQUE level of poison and hatred you get from 3,500 hate filled Sevconians.

WeeRussell
10-12-2017, 08:22 PM
Which is fair enough.

Don’t quote me on it though.. I was quite pished.

Lancs Harp
10-12-2017, 08:24 PM
Cant wait to see the reaction to my Hibs flag of St George :wink:

Arch Stanton
10-12-2017, 08:24 PM
Mind you, supporting Palestine is a noble cause for socialists to espouse - more especially since the PLO supplied the IRA with weapons. :agree:

WeeRussell
10-12-2017, 08:29 PM
Also, what was quite clear were the numerous songs about the IRA coming from one stand today, which there is no justification for.

One flag being questioned in our support when our goalkeeper actually comes from the country compared to thousands of morons singing triumphantly about a terrorist organisation.

Not that it makes it right if our fans’ flag was anything more than what I believe it was...

Glory Lurker
10-12-2017, 08:58 PM
Cant wait to see the reaction to my Hibs flag of St George :wink:

Total support for that from me. Look forward to seeing it.

TelaStella
10-12-2017, 09:23 PM
Also, what was quite clear were the numerous songs about the IRA coming from one stand today, which there is no justification for.

One flag being questioned in our support when our goalkeeper actually comes from the country compared to thousands of morons singing triumphantly about a terrorist organisation.

Not that it makes it right if our fans’ flag was anything more than what I believe it was...

Do you know which IRA songs were being sung?

10-12-2017, 09:24 PM
If it was for Rocky fair enough. If it was political then it's a no from me.

Exactly, leave all that political pish to celtic.

lapsedhibee
10-12-2017, 10:21 PM

Merry Ploughboy was one.

BigT-Hibeez
10-12-2017, 10:56 PM
Even more bizarre given some Sevconians were also doing the nazi salute whilst waving Israel flags!

Thought the same when I saw Hearts kids holding a Union Jack and nazi saluting!! Obviously missed a few history classes covering the 20th Century..

Humo
10-12-2017, 11:16 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkBroad black brimmer of the IRA was sung a good few times

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

monktonharp
10-12-2017, 11:39 PM

Is it more worthy of a comment than the multiple Palestinian flags in the Celtic end, and the standard banner by "The wurulds best fans ©"?that is absolute pish. what has happened in Palestine this week is totally out of order, and you must have seen it on the news. The Americans have been condemned by countless Countries for their inflammiitary move to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

monktonharp
10-12-2017, 11:41 PM
Need to wait and see. Maybe Rocky had visitors over.aye right then

Hibernia&Alba
10-12-2017, 11:42 PM
Broad black brimmer of the IRA was sung a good few times

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That song relates to the IRA of the Irish War of Independence of 1919-21. I'm not saying it's right, nor it should be sung at football; I'm just clarifying for context. It has nothing to do with the Provos of the Troubles.

monktonharp
10-12-2017, 11:43 PM
If it's a flag to support an Israeli player, I have no problem with it. Other than that, I don't want to see that flag at Easter Road. A state that has illegally occupied a state for half a century but refuses to acknowledge that, and which was founded upon ethnic cleansing and the creation of two million refugees; a state which continues to commit terrorism and war crimes, isn't something to celebrate, IMHO. This is just my view, but I don't want to see Hibs fans associating with the oppressor rather than the oppressed, Two sides to every story? Of course there are. Two sides as bad as each other? Not a chance. It's no coincidence the other place you see the Israeli flag in Scotland is Ibrox. If the flag was for Marciano from visitors from Israel, I'm fine with it; but that's my limit.this

monktonharp
10-12-2017, 11:48 PM
Hopefully it was simply a case of someone supporting Rocky. Anything else is pretty pathetic.

Back in the day, I occasionally took a Moroccan flag to games to support Benji and Zemmama. It was a well-meaning gesture and nothing more than that, although obviously the Moroccan flag isn't as politically loaded as the Israeli one.don't bring it again. you'll be acused of supporting ISOS.

monktonharp
10-12-2017, 11:56 PM
I’ve been to Israel and the West Bank twice and have many Israeli pals, most of whom despise their government. They’re still proud Israelis and respect their flag. I often don’t like my government but will always love my country and flag.Good for you, and for your Israeli pals.hope they, and you are pround of the fact that they have taken over the Golan Heights, encroached on the ancient lands of the Palestine lands and also that the British have helped them in their quest for such a long time.hope that you remain loving to your country's flag too when your country leaves Europe.:aok:

Shrekko
11-12-2017, 12:00 AM
Good for you, and for your Israeli pals.hope they, and you are pround of the fact that they have taken over the Golan Heights, encroached on the ancient lands of the Palestine lands and also that the British have helped them in their quest for such a long time.hope that you remain loving to your country's flag too when your country leaves Europe.:aok:

You didn’t really read his post did you?

FilipinoHibs
11-12-2017, 12:01 AM
that is absolute pish. what has happened in Palestine this week is totally out of order, and you must have seen it on the news. The Americans have been condemned by countless Countries for their inflammiitary move to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
Israel did not exist until 1947. Before the country was called Palestine and the capital Jerusalem. Almost all Palestanians lived tgere only a handful of Jews. Can understand why Palestenians are pised off.

WeeRussell
11-12-2017, 12:16 AM

Sorry no, I don’t know any of them by name, nor do I have any desire to do so.

I’m only going by the number of times I heard the three letters loud and clear from the majority of their fans with singing voices. Although presumptuous, I’m assuming they weren’t singing in condemnation of said organisation.

monktonharp
11-12-2017, 12:21 AM
Israel did not exist until 1947. Before the country was called Palestine and the capital Jerusalem. Almost all Palestanians lived tgere only a handful of Jews. Can understand why Palestenians are pised off.I know exactly when Israel was brought into existence by the British who controlled the area at that time. a few years later, my primary school insisted that I learned the words of "rule brittania" but never taught me of the highland clearances or of a gentleman called Trevallion.

Steve-O
11-12-2017, 01:16 AM
don't bring it again. you'll be acused of supporting ISOS.

Is that the shopping website?

Ayrshire Hibee
11-12-2017, 04:52 AM
The flag appeared on my FB newsfeed lastnight and was not any relations of Rocky ;-)

adhibs
11-12-2017, 06:13 AM
The flag appeared on my FB newsfeed lastnight and was not any relations of Rocky ;-)

Not welcome at easter road then.

BroxburnHibee
11-12-2017, 07:21 AM
If there's one thing guaranteed to stir debate on this site its the mere mention of a flag :tee hee:

douglashibs
11-12-2017, 07:29 AM
After such a stirring fightback by Hibs, it’s interesting to note that this thread has more comments than any other post-match thread.

Carheenlea
11-12-2017, 08:16 AM
See, you've just proved the point I made in my last post.

You have no idea what the motives were of the person who took the flag but you've already decided it was political.

I could have worded it better - I wasn't meaning the Israeli flag yesterday in particular, more just at those who fly flags for political statements at football.
The whole thing doesn't really bother me one way or the other.

ian cruise
11-12-2017, 08:28 AM

I don't know them by name but it was as clear as day at thirty minutes, no way was it a minority either. Had to be at least half of them, if not more, joining is a sing song about joining the IRA.

BurghHibby
11-12-2017, 08:29 AM
Terrorists or people fighting for rights/emancipation/recognition etc. etc.?

Does fighting for rights/emancipation/recognition mean it’s OK to blow up planes, airports and remerence services, get a grip ffs!

Edinburgher
11-12-2017, 08:33 AM
Personally, I`m not a fan of anything other than specific club flags and saltires at Scottish football games. Can anyone tell me if pro-independence (or not) flags, banners etc were banned from Scottish football games in the run-up to the Indie Referendum in 2014, if so, i find it very strange that fans are allowed to bring flags supporting other political causes into the stadium in the first place?

Dashing Bob S
11-12-2017, 08:34 AM
Does fighting for rights/emancipation/recognition mean it’s OK to blow up planes, airports and remerence services, get a grip ffs!

Of course it doesn't make it okay. There is no okay. But if it is in response to injustice and oppression, it makes it pretty much inevitable.

Bostonhibby
11-12-2017, 09:20 AM
I don't know them by name but it was as clear as day at thirty minutes, no way was it a minority either. Had to be at least half of them, if not more, joining is a sing song about joining the IRA.You've got to laugh at the commitment shown here, how many will be able to turn up for duty? 90% will have to sign on regularly to get their benefits from the UK government, 9% wouldn't be able to get out of bed in time and 1% or less probably have a job to go to through the week.

Maybe they should just sing about going to a nice evening class instead as their other proclamations are about as likely as one of the bellends that follow the other erse cheek turning up from Govan to defend a bit of masonry in Northern Ireland from an attack that seems increasingly unlikely.

Bostonhibby
11-12-2017, 09:22 AM
Of course it doesn't make it okay. There is no okay. But if it is in response to injustice and oppression, it makes it pretty much inevitable.[emoji106]This, sadly.

basehibby
11-12-2017, 09:44 AM
After such a stirring fightback by Hibs, it’s interesting to note that this thread has more comments than any other post-match thread.

No wonder! Trump's move to recognise Jerusalem is world headline news - inciting riots and protests with some being killed - and some A-Hole decides to drag OUR club's name through the dirt by waving a flag they know will be incendiary (supporting Rocky my arse!). It's obviously been done by some ignorant twat trying to wind up the smellies - but it's politically insensitive to the max - Israel is an apartheid state FFS and I certainly do not want that associated with my club (no offence to Rocky but true).

The ******** who brought it should have it confiscated and be banned IMO.

IGRIGI
11-12-2017, 09:57 AM
No wonder! Trump's move to recognise Jerusalem is world headline news - inciting riots and protests with some being killed - and some A-Hole decides to drag OUR club's name through the dirt by waving a flag they know will be incendiary (supporting Rocky my arse!). It's obviously been done by some ignorant twat trying to wind up the smellies - but it's politically insensitive to the max - Israel is an apartheid state FFS and I certainly do not want that associated with my club (no offence to Rocky but true).

Top quality trolling 😂

Frazerbob
11-12-2017, 09:59 AM
Good for you, and for your Israeli pals.hope they, and you are pround of the fact that they have taken over the Golan Heights, encroached on the ancient lands of the Palestine lands and also that the British have helped them in their quest for such a long time.hope that you remain loving to your country's flag too when your country leaves Europe.:aok:

Good grief.

Time to close this abonimation of a thread.

hibsbollah
11-12-2017, 10:04 AM
Top quality trolling 😂

Ten pages is still very much a possibility. If we roll up our sleeves, give 110% and leave everything out there, no one can accuse us of surrendering meekly to the PC brigade.

Frazerbob
11-12-2017, 10:06 AM

I'll say it again, time to close this abonimation of a thread.

LancsHibs
11-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Israel did not exist until 1947. Before the country was called Palestine and the capital Jerusalem. Almost all Palestanians lived tgere only a handful of Jews. Can understand why Palestenians are pised off.

So can I but before then it was under British mandate, before that under Ottoman rule, before that under Arab rule, before that the capital of the Christian Kingdom of Jerusalem, before that Byzantine & Roman rule, before that invaded by the Greek Alexander the Great, before that under Assyrian rule and before that the capital of the Kingdom of Judah who were Jews.
The history of Jerusalem/Israel is long and chequered and more to it then what happened in the 1940’s
One things for sure it’s non of our business. Let the smellies continue with their embarrassing behaviour and their ignorant squabbles with their hun chums without us

hibsbollah
11-12-2017, 10:32 AM
So can I but before then it was under British mandate, before that under Ottoman rule, before that under Arab rule, before that the capital of the Christian Kingdom of Jerusalem, before that Byzantine & Roman rule, before that invaded by the Greek Alexander the Great, before that under Assyrian rule and before that the capital of the Kingdom of Judah who were Jews.
The history of Jerusalem/Israel is long and chequered and more to it then what happened in the 1940’s
One things for sure it’s non of our business. Let the smellies continue with their embarrassing behaviour and their ignorant squabbles with their hun chums without us

Shockingly, you've forgotten to mention the plight of the Copts and the Armenians in all this :grr:

Johnny Clash
11-12-2017, 10:40 AM
[QUOTE=Frazerbob;5243148]I'll say it again, time to close this abonimation of a thread.

I don’t understand people who start demanding the closure of threads. If you get upset by a thread where hibbys are having an online debate about something that happened during yesterday’s game then why don’t you just ignore the thread?

cabbageandribs1875
11-12-2017, 11:45 AM
Not welcome at easter road then.

who made you god

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 11:50 AM
Supporters can take flags of any countries they want to games. If they have a flag supporting the Israeli situation when we know there would be Palestine pish from the Celtic support bash on. Everyone's entitled to there opinion.

basehibby
11-12-2017, 12:25 PM
Supporters can take flags of any countries they want to games. If they have a flag supporting the Israeli situation when we know there would be Palestine pish from the Celtic support bash on. Everyone's entitled to there opinion.

My own position re the current political situation would be in support of the Palestinians (although not to the point of denying Israel's right to exist) - but I do not come along to Hibs games waving Palestinian flags. If I did then I would expect to come in for some criticism - for starters I do not presume to represent the views of all Hibs fans and therefore do not see it as an appropriate to wave political banners at Hibs games.

This air headed sphincter in the West seems to have missed these points and needs telt - NOT F-ING WELCOME!

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 12:27 PM
What a crock of utter pish!

My own position re the current political situation would be in support of the Palestinians (although not to the point of denying Israel's right to exist) - but I do not come along to Hibs games waving Palestinian flags. If I did then I would expect to come in for some criticism - for starters I do not presume to represent the views of all Hibs fans and therefore do not see it as an appropriate to wave political banners at Hibs games.

This air headed sphincter in the West seems to have missed these points and needs telt - NOT F-ING WELCOME!

The Israeli flag is as welcome as any support for Palestine, in fact even more so.

BroxburnHibee
11-12-2017, 12:29 PM

As usual these threads descend into the same type of posts.

Please try and keep it civil.

basehibby
11-12-2017, 12:30 PM
The Israeli flag is as welcome as any support for Palestine, in fact even more so.

Stated with all the intellectual consideration of a fieldmouse

basehibby
11-12-2017, 12:32 PM
As usual these threads descend into the same type of posts.

Please try and keep it civil.

Sorry for getting hot under the collar - some of the hypocrisy on display here gets my goat.

G B Young
11-12-2017, 12:32 PM

What do you know of the person or persons who brought the flag to make that kind of condemnation? As seems to have been made pretty clear, it seems Marciano had a group of invited guests at the game who are more than likely to be the ones who brought the flag. Israelis fly Israeli flag in acknowledgement of their fellow countryman who has made a name for himself in Scotland. What's the problem with that? No indication at all that it was displayed to make political capital. Unlike that bampot Salmond hauling a Saltire from his jacket pocket when Andy Murray won his first Wimbledon.

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Stated with all the intellectual consideration of a fieldmouse

You've already admitted a pro-Palestine stance on a football related thread. Why is that? I'm neutral, I have no strong feelings regardless. I bet you didn't moan or grumble with the Celtic banners yesterday though yet jump on a thread about someone having a Israeli flag. Yet you bang on about hypocrisy?

allmodcons
11-12-2017, 12:38 PM
What do you know of the person or persons who brought the flag to make that kind of condemnation? As seems to have been made pretty clear, it seems Marciano had a group of invited guests at the game who are more than likely to be the ones who brought the flag. Israelis fly Israeli flag in acknowledgement of their fellow countryman who has made a name for himself in Scotland. What's the problem with that? No indication at all that it was displayed to make political capital. Unlike that bampot Salmond hauling a Saltire from his jacket pocket when Andy Murray won his first Wimbledon.

Sensible post, but then you just can't help yourself.

Is Andy Murray not Scottish?

Pete
11-12-2017, 12:39 PM
Newbies...this is what’s known as a “flag debate”.

We used to have them years ago but they fell out of fashion. It’s looks like they’re cool again.

I’m a Dukes if Hazard fan, so just wait until I bring my confederate flag to the next home game to show everyone.

IGRIGI
11-12-2017, 12:41 PM

Saltire waving gets the yoonists all hot under the collar with maximum cringe.

Bristolhibby
11-12-2017, 12:43 PM

I’m sure the guys who go to Andy’s games with scotland tops, kilts and ginger wigs should be launched out as well.

Murray is Scottish. No debate there.

My view on the Israeli flag. Crack on. Sounds like it was Rocky’s family who brought it anyway.
As an aside, his wife was on Twitter in a box with their new son.

Congrats.

J

allmodcons
11-12-2017, 12:43 PM

Only Union flags permitted at Wimbledon apparently.

Bristolhibby
11-12-2017, 12:45 PM

It’s a real shame that is the case. It’s like going against their own argument of British and Scottish. Fly the Saltire, if you are comfortable being both, then embrace your Scottishness.

J

G B Young
11-12-2017, 12:49 PM

I was giving an example of when a nation's flag has been used at a sporting event to do more than just support a competitor from that nation. Salmond's gesture at that time, as the countdown to the 2014 referendum began, could not have been more transparent and was widely ridiculed, not least by Andy himself:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jun/08/andy-murray-i-did-not-like-alex-salmond-scottish-flag-waving-wimbledon

That's my take on it, but I don't want to get involved in a debate better reserved for the Holy Ground so I'll leave it at that.

allmodcons
11-12-2017, 12:57 PM
I was giving an example of when a nation's flag has been used at a sporting event to do more than just support a competitor from that nation. Salmond's gesture at that time, as the countdown to the 2014 referendum began, could not have been more transparent and was widely ridiculed, not least by Andy himself:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jun/08/andy-murray-i-did-not-like-alex-salmond-scottish-flag-waving-wimbledon

That's my take on it, but I don't want to get involved in a debate better reserved for the Holy Ground so I'll leave it at that.

Too late for that now. As I said earlier, you just couldn't help yourself.

Stokesy's on fire
11-12-2017, 01:05 PM

Nothing was more cringe than that terrible xmas song they sing about Brendan Rodgers YUK!!

Hibee87
11-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Am I the only one who thinks they made a mess of the their banner again? It look like they didn't measure it correctly and the T in Palestine could not be drawn across. And to make up for it they drew the T on Trump to look the same.

It also looks like the same bit of paper and reprobate who couldnt spell 'celtic' on one they done about 8 year ago

Crazyhorse
11-12-2017, 01:15 PM
You've already admitted a pro-Palestine stance on a football related thread. Why is that? I'm neutral, I have no strong feelings regardless. I bet you didn't moan or grumble with the Celtic banners yesterday though yet jump on a thread about someone having a Israeli flag. Yet you bang on about hypocrisy?

I suppose the context here is difficult to ignore with Trump's announcement on Jerusalem? Which BTW I welcomed, not because I support the Israeli position at all but because this bollox that the USA is somehow the neutral referee in the conflict is publically dispelled. Israel would have obeyed the UN Resolutions on Palestine a long time ago if the US had not spent the past 40 years propping up their military/economy/colonial expansion with US tax payers money.
As far as I can see at this point in time the current Israeli government are dominated by bigoted corrupt **** who rely on religious fascist Hamas **** to create a vicious symmetry (and vice versa) - both feed off this situation to prolong the conflict and both are actively silencing opponents within their own ethnic group.

basehibby
11-12-2017, 01:16 PM

Aye right - your logic is as twisted as your shallow excuse for principles. This is not a football related thread it's a flag debate in case you didn't notice. I already stated that I don't bring political banners or flags along to Easter Road because I do not believe it to be appropriate. Smeltic fans can and will do what they like - but the Hibs support is my concern because I'm part of it. And YES I object to some ******** idntifying my club with some spurious political cause by association - they need to be telt to wind their stupid necks in.

Beefster
11-12-2017, 01:19 PM
Am I the only one who thinks they made a mess of the their banner again? It look like they didn't measure it correctly and the T in Palestine could not be drawn across. And to make up for it they drew the T on Trump to look the same.

It also looks like the same bit of paper and reprobate who couldnt spell 'celtic' on one they done about 8 year ago

They use a bog-standard font. The ‘T’ is just part of the font.

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 01:20 PM
Aye right - your logic is as twisted as your shallow excuse for principles. This is not a football related thread it's a flag debate in case you didn't notice. I already stated that I don't bring political banners or flags along to Easter Road because I do not believe it to be appropriate. Smeltic fans can and will do what they like - but the Hibs support is my concern because I'm part of it. And YES I object to some ******** idntifying my club with some spurious political cause by association - they need to be telt to wind their stupid necks in.

Calm doon Mr Angry eh.

As you stated, you wouldn't bring one to the grounds regardless of your beliefs.

Did you get this wound up/rage when you seen their banners yesterday?

Geo_1875
11-12-2017, 01:24 PM
Calm doon Mr Angry eh.

As you stated, you wouldn't bring one to the grounds regardless of your beliefs.

Obviously not, because they agree with him and he's right so they must be right and anybody that doesn't agree with him just plain wrong so there.

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 01:26 PM
I suppose the context here is difficult to ignore with Trump's announcement on Jerusalem? Which BTW I welcomed, not because I support the Israeli position at all but because this bollox that the USA is somehow the neutral referee in the conflict is publically dispelled. Israel would have obeyed the UN Resolutions on Palestine a long time ago if the US had not spent the past 40 years propping up their military/economy/colonial expansion with US tax payers money.
As far as I can see at this point in time the current Israeli government are dominated by bigoted corrupt **** who rely on religious fascist Hamas **** to create a vicious symmetry (and vice versa) - both feed off this situation to prolong the conflict and both are actively silencing opponents within their own ethnic group.

I would completely agree with that. And with Trumps announcement on Jerusalem I fully anticipated their support of Palestine to relate to their sad IRA cause to happen yesterday.

With that in mind, so would have any Hibs supporter who is Israeli/Pro Israeli and with the support of Palestine being on view perhaps it was a show of support for their country? Perhaps it was a show of support from our Goalie who would have seen the banners and who perhaps got abuse hurled at him? Or even it was supporters there as guests of our Israeli player? Telling people to **** off and get them banned because you have a different view, as one aggressive poster in particular is doing on this thread is completely uncalled for.

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 01:26 PM
Obviously not, because they agree with him and he's right so they must be right and anybody that doesn't agree with him just plain wrong so there.

:agree:

basehibby
11-12-2017, 01:31 PM
Calm doon Mr Angry eh.

I'm used to and expect the Smeltic support's ambulance chasing tendencies.

I expect better of the Hibs support - and I expect better from the posters on here than blythely accepting some moron in our support indulging in this hun-copycat stunt to wind up the smellies when it is so blatantly politically questionable. You may not be aware of what's going on in the world outside of Easter Road but many of your fellow supporters are and therefore feel insulted by this West Stand idiot's ********ry.

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 01:34 PM
I'm used to and expect the Smeltic support's ambulance chasing tendencies.

I expect better of the Hibs support - and I expect better from the posters on here than blythely accepting some moron in our support indulging in this hun-copycat stunt to wind up the smellies when it is so blatantly politically questionable. You may not be aware of what's going on in the world outside of Easter Road but many of your fellow supporters are and therefore feel insulted by this West Stand idiot's ********ry.

So you didn't get wound up and angry when you seen the support of a cause you openly admit you are on the side of, because you are used to such banners from the Celtic end. And I'm sure when the Huns come to town on Wednesday you would care a jot about any banners or flags that lot as, as you are used to them all before, yeah?

Another insult to me thrown in for good measure also I see. Smeltic? Grow up.

basehibby
11-12-2017, 01:36 PM

Is trite vapidity a hobby of yours? If not then consider taking it up as you show a natural talent for it.

Thecat23
11-12-2017, 01:38 PM
Remember when folk went to games for football reasons? Yeah me too seems years ago though 🙄

Politics and football don’t go.

cabbageandribs1875
11-12-2017, 01:38 PM
wo, just wow

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 01:40 PM
Remember when folk went to games for football reasons? Yeah me too seems years ago though 🙄

Politics and football don’t go.

It will all be forgotten about in a week. Politics are crap :wink:

basehibby
11-12-2017, 01:48 PM
So you didn't get wound up and angry when you seen the support of a cause you openly admit you are on the side of, because you are used to such banners from the Celtic end. And I'm sure when the Huns come to town on Wednesday you would care a jot about any banners or flags that lot as, as you are used to them all before, yeah?

Another insult to me thrown in for good measure also I see. Smeltic? Grow up.

Like with their opposite bum-cheek - I am also used to the Rangers Support's bull**** - and yes I would object if the Hibs support started coming out with IRA pish to get THEIR backs up.

If you are looking for the smell of hyprocrisy it's not coming off my comments.

PS - re the alleged "insult" to you - I refered to the West Stand flag waver as an idiot and a moron so no insult intended for you there - unless .......not owning up to something are you?

cabbageandribs1875
11-12-2017, 01:49 PM

absolutely :agree:

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 01:58 PM
Like with their opposite bum-cheek - I am also used to the Rangers Support's bull**** - and yes I would object if the Hibs support started coming out with IRA pish to get THEIR backs up.

If you are looking for the smell of hyprocrisy it's not coming off my comments.

PS - re the alleged "insult" to you - I refered to the West Stand flag waver as an idiot and a moron so no insult intended for you there - unless .......not owning up to something are you?

Cool, no problem. I'm glad you will happily ignore anything rangers supporters come out with on Wednesday and call for any Hibee with a flag of Palestine to **** off away from ER with that kind of thing to whatever "idiot" decides to bring it.

The way you post "you might not be aware of anything else away from Easter Road" is insulting. Not that I give a ***** like. :greengrin

Geo_1875
11-12-2017, 02:05 PM
Is trite vapidity a hobby of yours? If not then consider taking it up as you show a natural talent for it.

Unless you can name the "culprit" and provide evidence of their motivation, my statement stands.

If not, you can **** right off with your self-righteous, third-party indignation.

lord bunberry
11-12-2017, 02:07 PM
Apparently there was a **** Trump banner. Rangers fans are now asking if it’s ok to have a **** the pope banner. You honestly couldn’t make this **** up.

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 02:10 PM
Apparently there was a **** Trump banner. Rangers fans are now asking if it’s ok to have a **** the pope banner. You honestly couldn’t make this **** up.

Celtc fans won't like this news then: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-attended-sinn-f-in-fundraiser-months-before-ira-attacked-london-a6767601.html

DarlingtonHibee
11-12-2017, 02:16 PM

Can we close this post, it's really boring and not relevant to Hibs.

ballengeich
11-12-2017, 02:37 PM
If this thread's shown one thing it's why political demonstrations should be kept away from football grounds. To bring peace among our support, and the wider world, I suggest that the club places a 50-50 Israeli-Palestinian flag on each seat on Wednesday evening and we can all wave them.

IngolstadtHarry
11-12-2017, 02:58 PM
Some of the 'contributions' to this thread have left me aghast. I don't think I have ever witnessed such a profound level of ignorance being demonstrated on any other subject.
The 'justifications' put forward for the flying of a symbol of racism, occupation and apartheid can only reflect a lack of education, a deep level of brainwashing, or a nursery school level of logic.
No one with the most superficial understanding of the history of occupied Palestine, and familiarity with the Nazi-style atrocities perpetrated by this rogue state, would not be embarrassed to act as an apologist for an entity which has broken more UN resolutions than any other nation in the world. This regime has taken part in 'Einsatzgruppen' massacres (such as at Deir Yassin), ethnic-cleansing (before the term was even invented), the theft of art and intellectual property and the looting of Palestinian libraries, an ongoing attempt to erase an entire culture having already wiped out 500 Palestinian villages in 1948, the forced and secret administering of birth control to Ethiopian women without their consent, a quest for 'Lebensraum' for those classed as 'racially superior' in 'Eretz Israel' which would stretch from the Nile to the Euphrates, and a level of day-to-day intimidation, deprivation and torture of Palestinians which can hardly be imagined without witnessing it. On top of all of that, the regime in Tel Aviv indulges, with regularity, in a process which it cynically terms 'mowing the lawn'. This involves the carpet-bombing of the world's largest open-air concentration camp in Gaza and the testing of new weapons (many of which are illegal under international law) on the children of that unfortunate place. The last 'mowing of the lawn' took place in 2014 and killed 2200 Gazans, including 500 children.

If you imagine that all of this has 'nothing to do with us' then you are sadly mistaken. The wheels of this evil project were set in motion by our Westminster government in 1917 - just 2 years before the 'heroic' Secretary of State for War, Winston Churchill, sent British tanks onto the streets of Glasgow to crush a strike of workers who saw themselves as neither Catholic nor Protestant, neither Rangers nor Celtic.
Reading through this thread I was not unaware that a number of contributors appeared to be as horrified as I was by some of the stuff written here, but were perhaps biting their tongues in order to avoid a reaction.
I don't have any such qualms as I rarely post here so bring it on.

Kato
11-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Some of the 'contributions' to this thread have left me aghast. I don't think I have ever witnessed such a profound level of ignorance being demonstrated on any other subject.
The 'justifications' put forward for the flying of a symbol of racism, occupation and apartheid can only reflect a lack of education, a deep level of brainwashing, or a nursery school level of logic.
No one with the most superficial understanding of the history of occupied Palestine, and familiarity with the Nazi-style atrocities perpetrated by this rogue state, would not be embarrassed to act as an apologist for an entity which has broken more UN resolutions than any other nation in the world. This regime has taken part in 'Einsatzgruppen' massacres (such as at Deir Yassin), ethnic-cleansing (before the term was even invented), the theft of art and intellectual property and the looting of Palestinian libraries, an ongoing attempt to erase an entire culture having already wiped out 500 Palestinian villages in 1948, the forced and secret administering of birth control to Ethiopian women without their consent, a quest for 'Lebensraum' for those classed as 'racially superior' in 'Eretz Israel' which would stretch from the Nile to the Euphrates, and a level of day-to-day intimidation, deprivation and torture of Palestinians which can hardly be imagined without witnessing it. On top of all of that, the regime in Tel Aviv indulges, with regularity, in a process which it cynically terms 'mowing the lawn'. This involves the carpet-bombing of the world's largest open-air concentration camp in Gaza and the testing of new weapons (many of which are illegal under international law) on the children of that unfortunate place. The last 'mowing of the lawn' took place in 2014 and killed 2200 Gazans, including 500 children.

If you imagine that all of this has 'nothing to do with us' then you are sadly mistaken. The wheels of this evil project were set in motion by our Westminster government in 1917 - just 2 years before the 'heroic' Secretary of State for War, Winston Churchill, sent British tanks onto the streets of Glasgow to crush a strike of workers who saw themselves as neither Catholic nor Protestant, neither Rangers nor Celtic.
Reading through this thread I was not unaware that a number of contributors appeared to be as horrified as I was by some of the stuff written here, but were perhaps biting their tongues in order to avoid a reaction.

....I thought it was just Rocky's pals giving him some support?

jgl07
11-12-2017, 03:07 PM
Anyone remember a Welsh flag being waved in honour of Owen Tudor Jones?

Me neither.

jonny
11-12-2017, 03:12 PM

I'm not disagreeing with any of the points raised in your post but I'm strongly of the opinion it should all be kept well clear of football.
Let's go to the game and support our team, leave the political arguements for a stage better suited to them.

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Anyone remember a Welsh flag being waved in honour of Owen Tudor Jones?

Me neither.

What about French flags? Moroccan flags? Someone even had a Mali flag for Konte.

If Tudor Jones was our International Goalkeeper instead of a complete donkey, then you would have probably seen a flag.

John_R_Corbett
11-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Personally I think the best thing to do would be to ban all national flags except the Scotland flag, some people bring them along innocently enough, unfortunately others do not so best just to ban the lot. Also ban political banners and refuse entry to anybody who refuses to give them up. I'm not so sure the flag in the west stand was anything more than a coincidence that people supporting our goalie just happened to be there but it would still have been better if it wasn't there. The flags/banners in the away end however were quite deliberate, let them keep their guff for their own ground and that includes the other mob too.

Hibernia&Alba
11-12-2017, 03:27 PM

An excellent, well informed contribution. You should post more, mate. Yes, it's 'just a flag', but what that flag represents isn't something I like to see at Hibs. By the same token, incidentally, I don't think it's appropriate for Palestinian flags to be waved at a Scottish football match, as it seems crass to me. I will only re-iterate what I have already said. If it was only display by relations of Marciano, that's fair enough; beyond that I don't want to see it at Hibs. In no way is criticism of Israel's policy towards the Palestinians anti-Semitic or even anti-Israel per se, but it's a rejection of illegal occupation and state terrorism, and for that reason I do find the flag offensive. I hope it doesn't become a regular sight.

Geo_1875
11-12-2017, 03:29 PM
Personally I think the best thing to do would be to ban all national flags except the Scotland flag, some people bring them along innocently enough, unfortunately others do not so best just to ban the lot. Also ban political banners and refuse entry to anybody who refuses to give them up. I'm not so sure the flag in the west stand was anything more than a coincidence that people supporting our goalie just happened to be there but it would still have been better if it wasn't there. The flags/banners in the away end however were quite deliberate, let them keep their guff for their own ground and that includes the other mob too.

You'd happily ban flags but your happy to have an Israeli in the team? A bit half-hearted in your condemnation.

adhibs
11-12-2017, 03:29 PM
who made you god

If people want to act like huns theve got plenty other options of where to go.

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 03:30 PM
If people want to act like huns theve got plenty other options of where to go.

Who's acting like Huns like?

adhibs
11-12-2017, 03:32 PM
Who's acting like Huns like?

I think thats pretty clear, no?

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 03:37 PM

I wouldn't say so, no.

Bostonhibby
11-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Nothing was more cringe than that terrible xmas song they sing about Brendan Rodgers YUK!!Agree.

It's like having a snowball and a kiss from your cigar smoke smelling brown toothed old auntie just because it's Xmas

Self proclaimed best fans in the wuruld though. [emoji6]

adhibs
11-12-2017, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't say so, no.

The flag waver

DarlingtonHibee
11-12-2017, 03:41 PM

Do we need this on a football forum? I would bet my mortgage that it was in support of Ofir.

basehibby
11-12-2017, 03:43 PM

FAO all those asserting that friends and relations of Rocky were merely expressing their support for him - extremely doubtful going by Ayrshire Hibees' post.

In the context of recent events on the international stage and the known elements in the Celtic Support who like to use football as a means of expressing their support of Palestine, it's pretty obvious that this flag - appearing as it did at this fixture only - was an ill-advised and tasteless attempt to bait the Celtic support and nothing else. As such it's pretty clear that it was offensive to many Hibs supporters as well as mis-representative of their point of view. Therefore said flag-waving idiot needs to get the message - their actions are an embarassment to many in the Hibs support and not welcome.

By the way I'd like to express my sympathy for Rocky and his compatriots that this is actually an issue - not your fault that your country's flag(s) carries such symbolism at this time in history. My offence is taken at the attempt of some ignorant moron in our support to use your flag as a petty point scoring exercise with the Celtic support.

John_R_Corbett
11-12-2017, 03:48 PM
You'd happily ban flags but your happy to have an Israeli in the team? A bit half-hearted in your condemnation.Where do you get from my post that I'm taking any side? Banning, not signing or getting rid of players because of where they come from isn't keeping politics out of football, it's exactly the opposite. Where a player comes from has nothing to do with it, they may not even support the politics of that government, they can't help where they were born. I don't like union jacks or red hands of Ulster but I wouldn't not sign players from Northern Ireland (unless they were Mark Caughey :bitchy: ). That would just be playing more into the hands of people who think it's ok to bring politics in to football, ridiculous. I suggest keeping politics out of football not bringing it more into it.

Just for the record, I absolutely disagree with the way the Israeli government behaves, it's got nothing to do with football though.

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 04:02 PM
The flag waver

Have we found out his reason for waving the flag yet? :confused:

Geo_1875
11-12-2017, 04:06 PM
FAO all those asserting that friends and relations of Rocky were merely expressing their support for him - extremely doubtful going by Ayrshire Hibees' post.

In the context of recent events on the international stage and the known elements in the Celtic Support who like to use football as a means of expressing their support of Palestine, it's pretty obvious that this flag - appearing as it did at this fixture only - was an ill-advised and tasteless attempt to bait the Celtic support and nothing else. As such it's pretty clear that it was offensive to many Hibs supporters as well as mis-representative of their point of view. Therefore said flag-waving idiot needs to get the message - their actions are an embarassment to many in the Hibs support and not welcome.

By the way I'd like to express my sympathy for Rocky and his compatriots that this is actually an issue - not your fault that your country's flag(s) carries such symbolism at this time in history. My offence is taken at the attempt of some ignorant moron in our support to use your flag as a petty point scoring exercise with the Celtic support.

What's the moron's name and what are his misguided affiliations?

Hibernia&Alba
11-12-2017, 04:11 PM

It seems we don't know for sure who put the flag up. If it was a fan at the wind up, that would be very disappointing.

silverhibee
11-12-2017, 04:35 PM

So what has that to do with our goalies family waving the Israel flag in the West stand yesterday.

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 04:39 PM
So what has that to do with our goalies family waving the Israel flag in the West stand yesterday.

Rocky's Wife and Baby was there with Family yesterday so it could have/probably have been. :agree:

silverhibee
11-12-2017, 04:43 PM

Ayrshire Hibee is a reliable source, does he/she know our goalkeepers family and friends.

silverhibee
11-12-2017, 04:44 PM
Have we found out his reason for waving the flag yet? :confused:

Nope.

But don't let that get in the way of hanging them.

silverhibee
11-12-2017, 04:47 PM
Rocky's Wife and Baby was there with Family yesterday so it could have/probably have been. :agree:

Heard it was a Hun, just to annoy the tims. :rolleyes:

G B Young
11-12-2017, 05:01 PM

I don't know how broad your school curriculum was, but mine included no reference to any of the 'atrocities' you list above. IMHO you only come by such information by acquiring further, specialist education or by having a deep interest in world affairs. I think it's unfair to claim those who have neither are ill educated. In many cases they're simply not especially interested.

Equally, an uncompromisingly hard left interpretation of history such as your own is very subjective and does little to 'educate' anyone looking for a balanced overview.

It may be unjustified, but it's always struck me that the ferocity of Israeli aggression probably has its roots in the fact the Jewish people have themselves been the victims of so many massacres throughout history and that the country itself is run by leaders who grew up in the wake of the Holocaust. A sense of 'we will defend ourselves at all costs' is to some extent understandable.

Definitely a thread that now belongs on the Holy Ground.

Ayrshire Hibee
11-12-2017, 05:06 PM
Ayrshire Hibee is a reliable source, does he/she know our goalkeepers family and friends.
The picture appeared on my news feed twice once outside the stadium and another inside and apparently was posted on twitter. I reckon the flag was taken along to wind up the away support.

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 05:08 PM
The picture appeared on my news feed twice once outside the stadium and another inside and apparently was posted on twitter. I reckon the flag was taken along to wind up the away support.

What makes you think that? Can you post a picture because the one I've seen outside Easter Road doesn't look like it's winding up anyone.

DarlingtonHibee
11-12-2017, 05:10 PM

You reckon, ffs....

Kato
11-12-2017, 05:11 PM

Seems like that's what you want to believe rather than being actual proof. No?

Bostonhibby
11-12-2017, 05:13 PM

Normally like to see at least a semblance of football content and some humour when posting on this type of site but a sense of superiority based on ones own particular view. Deary me.

Kato
11-12-2017, 05:16 PM
Normally like to see at least a semblance of football content and some humour when posting on this type of site but a sense of superiority based on ones own particular view. Deary me.

Especially when flimsy hearsay is used as an excuse to go full on bore.

andybev1
11-12-2017, 05:19 PM
You'd happily ban flags but your happy to have an Israeli in the team? A bit half-hearted in your condemnation.

Zionism is the problem, not necessarily having an Israeli in the team.

All Israelis are not Zionists and vice versa

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 05:20 PM
Zionism is the problem, not necessarily having an Israeli in the team.

Automatically assuming Zionism is an even worse problem.

andybev1
11-12-2017, 05:24 PM
Automatically assuming Zionism is an even worse problem.

am not assuming I am telling you point blank that zionistm is a cancer, you have no clue if you say otherwise.

Bostonhibby
11-12-2017, 05:25 PM
On the positive side, can you imagine a similar level of analysis of why they recently started flying the Palestinian flag and seem to adopt so many causes and the relative ironies on a celtc site? :offski:

Ayrshire Hibee
11-12-2017, 05:26 PM

100% wind up and before you ask I ain't posting pics or giving out names....I've just read the replies on twitter of the pic of the flag

DarlingtonHibee
11-12-2017, 05:28 PM
Adminsy, please close the thread, it has nothing to do with the club. Just a few amateurs posting on here.

DarlingtonHibee
11-12-2017, 05:29 PM
am not assuming I am telling you point blank that zionistm is a cancer, you have no clue if you say otherwise.

Can you tell me what this has got to do with a Hibs fan forum?

Iain G
11-12-2017, 05:30 PM

I would rather believe someone took the flag along to support our goalkeeper than for any other reason. :agree:

basehibby
11-12-2017, 05:33 PM
If this thread's shown one thing it's why political demonstrations should be kept away from football grounds. To bring peace among our support, and the wider world, I suggest that the club places a 50-50 Israeli-Palestinian flag on each seat on Wednesday evening and we can all wave them.

:hmmm:......:tee hee:

IngolstadtHarry
11-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Adminsy, please close the thread, it has nothing to do with the club. Just a few amateurs posting on here.

Yeah, enough of this free speech thing and heavy discussions about the rights and wrongs of political symbols at Easter Rd - let's get back to talking about the urinals at Tynecastle and the flavour of the pies at Ibrox.

Johnny Clash
11-12-2017, 05:37 PM

If you don’t appreciate the thread why do you keep reading it? I’m not getting wide - just can’t understand why someone would keep returning to a thread that they clearly don’t like or appreciate ?

Kato
11-12-2017, 05:37 PM
I would rather believe someone took the flag along to support our goalkeeper than for any other reason. :agree:

I'm clueless as to the motive, which is why I haven't commented on them.

andybev1
11-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Can you tell me what this has got to do with a Hibs fan forum?
Have you not been keeping up? If you were at the game and read the earlier posts then you would not have to ask me. As i is I agree with you.

DH1875
11-12-2017, 05:43 PM
What about French flags? Moroccan flags? Someone even had a Mali flag for Konte.

If Tudor Jones was our International Goalkeeper instead of a complete donkey, then you would have probably seen a flag.

I took my Honduran flag to a few games including the cup final against Celtic and have some good memories of being in the shed before the game and folk asking about it and getting pictures taken.
IF the flag was there on Sunday to show support for Rocky then I've no problem with it. IF it was there as some sort of token to annoy Celtic fans (or anyone for that matter) then its out of order. Guess we will never know though so don't see the point in keeping going on about it.

basehibby
11-12-2017, 05:46 PM

Not at all - I'm just not a big believer in long shot coincidences.

Would be great if said flag was there just to support Rocky (even if somewhat controversial given the international events leading up to the game) - however, given the fixture and the context I think the likelyhood of that is very slim. And my suspicion that this is merely the act of an idiot appears to be backed up by Ayrshire Hibs.

So - being someone that is not at all happy with the idea of braindead morons dragging our club's name through the dirt with pathetic ignorant faux-hun gestures, I've decided to voice my opinions on this here thread set up for that very purpose.

Keith_M
11-12-2017, 05:46 PM

Not to me it isn't, sorry.

Iain G
11-12-2017, 05:49 PM

Would be great if said flag was there just to support Rocky (even if somewhat controversial given the international events leading up to the game) - however, given the fixture and the context I think the likelyhood of that is very slim. And my suspicion that this is merely the act of an idiot appears to be backed up by Ayrshire Hibs.

So - being someone that is not at all happy with the idea of braindead morons dragging our club's name through the dirt with pathetic ignorant faux-hun gestures, I've decided to voice my opinions on this here thread set up for that very purpose.

The obvious answer is that it was there as a symbol of support for our goalkeeper surely?!?

The long shot is that said brain-dead moron had some idea that this would wind up the Celtic support...

CropleyWasGod
11-12-2017, 05:49 PM

So - being someone that is not at all happy with the idea of braindead morons dragging our club's name through the dirt with pathetic ignorant faux-hun gestures, I've decided to voice my opinions on this here thread set up for that very purpose.Yet there is no proof either way. All we have is circumstantial evidence to support either explanation.

Keith_M
11-12-2017, 05:50 PM
I could have worded it better - I wasn't meaning the Israeli flag yesterday in particular, more just at those who fly flags for political statements at football.
The whole thing doesn't really bother me one way or the other.

Fair enough and I agree with your sentiments.

Iggy Pope
11-12-2017, 05:55 PM
Can I just add and not (it seems) entirely unrelated to the thread ? I thought '**** Trump' was perhaps the wittiest and most concise part of any banner the Lessers have managed to date.

Kato
11-12-2017, 05:55 PM

....but you don't know for sure. Especially given Marciano's family was there and his wife was present with their child. Ups the chance it was for them (not expecting you to agree.

I noticed that.

Beefster
11-12-2017, 06:03 PM
Yeah, enough of this free speech thing and heavy discussions about the rights and wrongs of political symbols at Easter Rd - let's get back to talking about the urinals at Tynecastle and the flavour of the pies at Ibrox.

Kindly refrain. I like to be the one giving off an unwarranted sense of superiority and disdain of all other posters thanks very much. There isn't room for two of us.

Find your own ragtag bunch of ill-educated and ignorant randoms.

Firestarter
11-12-2017, 06:06 PM

That is your opinion and it's got zip all to do with football. Assuming it's going on at a football match is dangerous though.

IngolstadtHarry
11-12-2017, 06:09 PM
Kindly refrain. I like to be the one giving off an unwarranted sense of superiority and disdain of all other posters thanks very much. There isn't room for two of us.

Find your own ragtag bunch of ill-educated and ignorant randoms.

That one had me spitting out my tea. :-D

andybev1
11-12-2017, 06:12 PM
The obvious answer is that it was there as a symbol of support for our goalkeeper surely?!?

The long shot is that said brain-dead moron had some idea that this would wind up the Celtic support...

I have seen that flag flown before at a celtic game, I bet you can guess what team they were playing....the huns.

hibsbollah
11-12-2017, 06:14 PM
Can I just add and not (it seems) entirely unrelated to the thread ? I thought '**** Trump' was perhaps the wittiest and most concise part of any banner the Lessers have managed to date.

... It also manages to utilise the same cryptic lettering as the legendary 'Celtc' banner back in the day. This time they achieved a clear, concise, but rather potty mouthed political message with faultless spelling. Hurrah for our big cousins :flag:

WhileTheChief..
11-12-2017, 06:15 PM
Wow, what a cracking thread!!

So, if I’ve got this right, it’s ok to like Palestine, you’ve got to hate Israel or you’re a moron and we should only ever wave Hibs flags at ER. Is that about it?!