Glad to see a short corner finally working :greengrin

Excited about Oli Shaw for the future also:thumbsup:

-Jonesy-
10-12-2017, 02:29 PM
Wtf is whitty doing at the second goal? Totally hopeless

LaMotta
10-12-2017, 02:33 PM

He had a torrid time today. Lennon did say after he was struggling with his hip....

Kavinho
10-12-2017, 02:34 PM
Was there a foul on the touchline when we lost the ball on the run up to their 2nd?

Thought so at the match

emerald green
10-12-2017, 02:35 PM
Posted earlier on another thread, but Oli Shaw is a tremendous prospect for Hibs.

Ozyhibby
10-12-2017, 02:35 PM

He’s dreadful. Has been all season. We would be better playing three at the back when Gray is not available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaMotta
10-12-2017, 02:36 PM

Two great finishes against Celtic this season. Very impressive last week at Firhill in terms of hold up and link play as well.

SJNB Hibby
10-12-2017, 02:41 PM
He had a torrid time today. Lennon did say after he was struggling with his hip....
If he's struggling with his hip, the LAST team he should be playing against is Sellick

Fergus52
10-12-2017, 02:42 PM
He’s dreadful. Has been all season. We would be better playing three at the back when Gray is not available.

Bit harsh, he's had a tough time whenever he's had to play against a tricky winger with pace, and definitely isn't as strong as Gray defensively.

But some of his contributions going forward have been excellent, his movement, ball control and final ball are all much better than Gray's.

Scorrie
10-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Great finish by Shaw. Showed good strength as well. Worth a wee run in the team now I would think

The_Horde
10-12-2017, 02:46 PM
All the goals here:

https://youtu.be/NHKdTWahuI8

https://youtu.be/NHKdTWahuI8

Excited about Oli Shaw for the future also:thumbsup:

They've worked 3 or 4 times this season which is probably 3 or 4 times more than conventional corners in normal seasons.

hibee_girl
10-12-2017, 02:55 PM

Why play him then? McGregor was fit enough last week so could have played today too. It's a strange one.

wookie70
10-12-2017, 03:47 PM
What a great finish from Shaw. Whittaker was dreadful for both goals and Marv really needs to be braver for their second.

Aldo
10-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Shaw took his goal extremely well fir one so young. Could have easily Skied it but showed great composure to knock it home.

We do need a poacher and he scores fir fun in the U20’s and development team but as others have mentioned it’s a bit too early for him to start imho.

Bodes very well for the future and potentially another yam slayer!

LaMotta
10-12-2017, 04:01 PM
They've worked 3 or 4 times this season which is probably 3 or 4 times more than conventional corners in normal seasons.

When were the other short corners that led to goals?

MWHIBBIES
10-12-2017, 04:19 PM

He has not been dreadful all season, don't talk rubbish.

SanFranHibs
10-12-2017, 04:32 PM

I am certainly not in a position to comment on all his performances this season but I will say that one game in which I thought he had a decent game was against our next opponents.

Here's hoping :)

LaMotta
11-12-2017, 08:11 AM

Nah, didn't think so.

haagsehibby
11-12-2017, 08:22 AM

Never mind the second, what's he doing at the first? Decides to stand still and watch the action after Sinclair crosses whereas Sinclair moves in behind him on the off chance that it might come his way.

Tynie01011973
11-12-2017, 08:37 PM
Anyone got video of Boyatas tackle on Dylan when he should have got 2nd yellow-Not seen it on any highlights?

LaMotta
11-12-2017, 08:43 PM
Anyone got video of Boyatas tackle on Dylan when he should have got 2nd yellow-Not seen it on any highlights?

It's been totally ignored on all highlights packages - wonder why :hmmm:

Tom English said on the radio straight after the game that it was a blatant yellow and Boyata should have been off. Disappointed his colleagues Mikey and Thommo never thought to talk about it on Sportscene.

Tynie01011973
11-12-2017, 08:55 PM
It's been totally ignored on all highlights packages - wonder why :hmmm:

Tom English said on the radio straight after the game that it was a blatant yellow and Boyata should have been off. Disappointed his colleagues Mikey and Thommo never thought to talk about it on Sportscene.

Exactly - Actually thought Boyata was lucky not to have picked up 2nd yellow when he bodychecked Boyle in front of the East leading to their 2nd goal!.
Boyle knocked ball past him and he blatantly takes him out off the ball

theonlywayisup
11-12-2017, 08:58 PM

Watched the last 20 minutes when I got home. It was a foul but there was virtually no contact. Would have been a very harsh yellow.

SRHibs
11-12-2017, 09:22 PM
Nah, didn't think so.

There have been. I put my foot in my mouth the other week when we took a short corner the other week (“short corners are f’in pointless”) only for us to score 5 seconds later.

LaMotta
11-12-2017, 09:55 PM
There have been. I put my foot in my mouth the other week when we took a short corner the other week (“short corners are f’in pointless”) only for us to score 5 seconds later.

4 goals from short corners? come on :greengrin

The_Horde
12-12-2017, 12:15 AM

Top of my head.. 1 Vs livingston. Also very nearly scored from a few.

Depends what you class as it having worked. Personally I'd rather they done that than lump it in aimlessly leading to nothing. See the stats posted above about corners.

LaMotta
12-12-2017, 07:44 AM
Top of my head.. 1 Vs livingston. Also very nearly scored from a few.

Depends what you class as it having worked. Personally I'd rather they done that than lump it in aimlessly leading to nothing. See the stats posted above about corners.

Ok so once in addition to Sunday not 3 or 4!

Simple what you class as a corner having worked - if we score!

And off the top of my head, goals from lumping into the box from corners 2 vs Ayr United, 1 vs Ross County. We nearly score from loads of lumped corners by the way.

So more goals scored from lumps than shorty's, and to claim that the short corner has this season worked 3 or 4 times more than it does in the entirety of a normal season with lumps is just a wild story :na na:

greenlex
12-12-2017, 09:40 AM
Ok so once in addition to Sunday not 3 or 4!

Simple what you class as a corner having worked - if we score!

And off the top of my head, goals from lumping into the box from corners 2 vs Ayr United, 1 vs Ross County. We nearly score from loads of lumped corners by the way.

So more goals scored from lumps than shorty's, and to claim that the short corner has this season worked 3 or 4 times more than it does in the entirety of a normal season with lumps is just a wild story :na na:
It wasn’t really a short corner per se on Sunday in any case. It’s originally played to the edge of the box. I’m chalking that one off and calling it a medium corner.

LaMotta
12-12-2017, 11:44 AM
It wasn’t really a short corner per se on Sunday in any case. It’s originally played to the edge of the box. I’m chalking that one off and calling it a medium corner.

good point :greengrin