PDA

View Full Version : Possible new contracts - McGinn and McGeouch

The Spaceman
10-12-2017, 09:19 AM
Lennon confirming club are in discussions with McGeouch and in the process of putting something to McGinn. Boyle extending to 2021 :thumbsup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42285053

Since90+2
10-12-2017, 09:27 AM
Would think it's unlikely McGinn will sign a new contract, hopefully Dylan does though :aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-12-2017, 09:31 AM
Would think it's unlikely McGinn will sign a new contract, hopefully Dylan does though :aok:

McGinn would be really to protect us for a transfer fee but I think Dylan will sign up for a little longer.

theonlywayisup
10-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Lennon confirming club are in discussions with McGeouch and in the process of putting something to McGinn. Boyle extending to 2021 :thumbsup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42285053

Yes - all as per Lennon's comments at the AGM.

My thoughts on McGeouch is that a verbal offer has been made by Hibs, but McGeouch has still to get back to him on it - hope this doesn't end up like the Fyvie situation.

Lennon said something about McGeouch not playing much football in his career, but saying that McGeough has played a lot more in what is the final year of his contract. Lennon did question whether McGeouch's issue was partly mental rather than all physical. Lennon did mention that being cynical, there could be a link between playing more and final year of contract!!

The feeling I got was that Lennon is happy to sign McGeouch on for longer, but has concerns over how many games will McGeough play after he's signed a new contract.

My thoughts on McGinn is that there's maybe been some discussion, but there's not a hope in hell of SJM signing an extension. He did say something like SJM really enjoys it at Easter Road though.

Dashing Bob S
10-12-2017, 09:35 AM
McGinn would be really to protect us for a transfer fee but I think Dylan will sign up for a little longer.

Think it would be a decent move for McGinn to sign an extension. If he goes west or south on low end-of-contract fee, he probably goes as an afterthought, a bench-warmer rather than a first team pick. But if he signs for a big fee, he really has to be at the forefront of any manager's plans.

Big L
10-12-2017, 09:35 AM
I could see him signing an extension with a promise of getting away next season and picking up a % of the transfer fee. That would benefit both parties.

J-C
10-12-2017, 09:36 AM

McGinn might sign knowing he'll be gone in the summer at the latest, we've been good for him and he's a fairly honest lad who will know we need to make as much from him as possible. McGeouch seems to have sorted out his injury worries and by that he's been a mainstay in the team which he'll appreciate, I'd expect him to sign again knowing the club has been good for him and backed him all the way re his injury problems.

1van Sprou7e
10-12-2017, 10:15 AM
Think it would be a decent move for McGinn to sign an extension. If he goes west or south on low end-of-contract fee, he probably goes as an afterthought, a bench-warmer rather than a first team pick. But if he signs for a big fee, he really has to be at the forefront of any manager's plans.

That makes no sense. If McGinn sign it's will purely be a gesture of goodwill towards Hibs, there's not really any advantage for him

Billy Whizz
10-12-2017, 10:18 AM
That makes no sense. If McGinn sign it's will purely be a gesture of goodwill towards Hibs, there's not really any advantage for him

He’ll get a wage increase while he’s still playing at Hibs

Eyrie
10-12-2017, 11:03 AM

And he could get a share of any transfer fee as well. We can afford to offer that because the eventual fee will be higher once he has longer left on his deal.

1van Sprou7e
10-12-2017, 11:06 AM

True, I was thinking that he was out of contract in the summer for some reason in which case he would get a big signing on fee from whichever club he moved to

sleeping giant
10-12-2017, 11:39 AM
What about St Mirren's cut?
Isn't that slicing the cake a bit thin?
may be more attractive to say to John that an extension and sale would benefit both Hibs and St Mirren financially.

That sell on clause can't last forever surely ?
There must be a timed cut off point.

Eyrie
10-12-2017, 12:14 PM
What about St Mirren's cut?
Isn't that slicing the cake a bit thin?
may be more attractive to say to John that an extension and sale would benefit both Hibs and St Mirren financially.

Say McGinn doesn't sign an extension and is sold in the summer for £2.4m. Hibs get £1.6m, St Mirren get £800k and McGinn gets nothing.

Say McGinn signs a two year extension for 10% and is sold in the summer for £3.6m. Hibs get £2.04m, St Mirren get £1.2m and McGinn gets £360k. Looks good to me.

Fergus52
10-12-2017, 12:25 PM
Say McGinn doesn't sign an extension and is sold in the summer for £2.4m. Hibs get £1.6m, St Mirren get £800k and McGinn gets nothing.

Say McGinn signs a two year extension for 10% and is sold in the summer for £3.6m. Hibs get £2.04m, St Mirren get £1.2m and McGinn gets £360k. Looks good to me.

I don't think st mirren are entitled to a third of his transfer fee.

Did Petrie not say at last years AGM that the sell on fee percentage was nowhere near what the papers and st mirren chairman had been saying.

eastcoasthibby
10-12-2017, 03:14 PM

Any new contract would be an increase in wages and not just a goodwill gesture ..so bit if benefit fir him as well while he is here ?

brog
10-12-2017, 03:30 PM
That sell on clause can't last forever surely ?
There must be a timed cut off point.

I doubt that many, if any, sell on clauses, have a cut off date.

lord bunberry
10-12-2017, 03:36 PM

I thought the player got a cut of the transfer fee as a signing on fee.

CropleyWasGod
10-12-2017, 03:37 PM
I doubt that many, if any, sell on clauses, have a cut off date.Agreed.

The only cut-off i would imagine if the percentage is based on "profit" rather than "fee". The longer a player stays at the new club the less likely that there will be a profit.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Deansy
10-12-2017, 03:41 PM
McGinn might sign knowing he'll be gone in the summer at the latest, we've been good for him and he's a fairly honest lad who will know we need to make as much from him as possible. McGeouch seems to have sorted out his injury worries and by that he's been a mainstay in the team which he'll appreciate, I'd expect him to sign again knowing the club has been good for him and backed him all the way re his injury problems.

Ditto !

overdrive
10-12-2017, 04:20 PM
Agreed.

The only cut-off i would imagine if the percentage is based on "profit" rather than "fee". The longer a player stays at the new club the less likely that there will be a profit.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

I was under the impression that most sell-on fees did work on profit rather than an absolute percentage of the fee.

mjhibby
10-12-2017, 09:47 PM
I could see him signing an extension with a promise of getting away next season and picking up a % of the transfer fee. That would benefit both parties.

He knows we are not going to mess him about so can see him signing for another year then going in the summer with him get a little something for his troubles. I really hope so especially if we qualify for Europe.