PDA

View Full Version : NHC Fao Canadian Hibbies ... MLS VICTORY

TObeachesHibby
10-12-2017, 12:08 AM
What a day ! Big time footie fun. Watched my son' s team win 2-1 then we both raced down the road in the wee Audi TT (allegedly within the speed limit?), just in time to see to see BIG Jose Altidore score a beautifully worked goal for Toronto FC in the MLS Cup Final .... great stuff ! and Vazquez scored at the end. TFC MLS CUP CHAMPIONS!
...its been a long time coming. .:wink:
.................although not quite as long as the Hibs Scottish Cup odyssey :greengrin
got the pics on my office wall to remind me of persevere.......

Swedish hibee
10-12-2017, 01:38 AM
Well Done Toronto. Enjoy the party!

AZhibee
10-12-2017, 03:10 AM
Good game? Couldn’t watch game live, can watch about 10 EPL games replayed and some French, Italian, and Spanish replays but the only replay of the MLS final on my TV is in Spanish.

Wish Altidore could have done that against TnT.

TObeachesHibby
10-12-2017, 03:26 AM
great game ... TO have such a well balanced team .. won the league too:not worth

Forza Fred
10-12-2017, 05:25 AM
I can remember when Hibs actually WERE Toronto for a few weeks back in the sixties...even had the programme when they played against Glentoran who were somebody else...

nonshinyfinish
10-12-2017, 08:33 AM
I can remember when Hibs actually WERE Toronto for a few weeks back in the sixties...even had the programme when they played against Glentoran who were somebody else...

What's the story behind this?

Galahibby
10-12-2017, 08:43 AM
Good game, TFC battered Seattle. Cracking goal too. Well done ⚽🏆🇨🇦

JohnMcM
10-12-2017, 09:24 AM

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/02/29/torontos-soccer-history-1876-1971

JohnMcM
10-12-2017, 09:24 AM
What's the story behind this?

Just added a link above to answer your question.

monteddie
10-12-2017, 10:50 AM
Good game, TFC battered Seattle. Cracking goal too. Well done ⚽🏆🇨🇦

TFC Played well but the Sounders were as bad a team as i have seen in a long time.
Regardless well done TFC!! I have a few mates who will be nursing hangovers this morning.

AZhibee
10-12-2017, 10:56 AM

That is remarkable, I thought you were kidding.

GreenLake
10-12-2017, 01:45 PM
What a day ! Big time footie fun. Watched my son' s team win 2-1 then we both raced down the road in the wee Audi TT (allegedly within the speed limit?), just in time to see to see BIG Jose Altidore score a beautifully worked goal for Toronto FC in the MLS Cup Final .... great stuff ! and Vazquez scored at the end. TFC MLS CUP CHAMPIONS!
...its been a long time coming. .:wink:
.................although not quite as long as the Hibs Scottish Cup odyssey :greengrin
got the pics on my office wall to remind me of persevere.......

I had recorded it hoping to watch it today as we had Clippers and Kings back to back yesterday. Thanks for telling me the score!

Well done to Toronto FC and thanks for keeping Seattle from displaying a second star on their jersey. :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
10-12-2017, 01:48 PM
Just added a link above to answer your question.

Cheers, that's mental.

LancashireHibby
10-12-2017, 05:56 PM
https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/02/29/torontos-soccer-history-1876-1971
Bizarre reading! I’m going to Toronto in June to watch the rugby league (Toronto Wolfpack play in the UK league) so that’s a fascinating aside!