PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's kits

Agnes Gordon
09-12-2017, 08:56 AM
Are we wearing our home strip on Sunday seeing as both Celtics away kits are green?

Fuzzywuzzy
09-12-2017, 08:59 AM
Still can't believe they managed to get away with 3 green kits.****ing nonsense

Bristolhibby
09-12-2017, 09:01 AM
I fn hope so!

HTD1875
09-12-2017, 09:03 AM
Should demand to wear the home strips. If Celtic don’t have a suitable kit available they can wear fluorescent orange bibs.

IGRIGI
09-12-2017, 09:13 AM
We should both be able to play in home kits like years ago, there's not a clash, however I fully expect us to be out in the away kits unfortunately.

I'd be telling them to find a new shirt or they can ram it.

Leith Green
09-12-2017, 09:15 AM
Surely to god we will be in the home strip.. If there is a clash then that is their look out. I cannot see us wearing our away strip tomorrow

Thecat23
09-12-2017, 09:16 AM
Have we lost a game in the away kit?

Jones28
09-12-2017, 09:19 AM
Have we lost a game in the away kit?

The semi at Hampden

Leith Green
09-12-2017, 09:19 AM
It would actually sum Scottish football up to a tee if Hibs have to wear their away top at home to Celtic to accommodate their choice of away strips.

Big_Franck
09-12-2017, 09:22 AM
We should absolutely be wearing our home top at home. **** Celtc and their arrogance at having 3 green strips. If the referee thinks there is a clash they can wear their horrible pink abomination from last season.

mcohibs
09-12-2017, 09:24 AM
I'd be telling Celtic to bolt if they asked us to wear our away kits tomorrow. That being said, who does the decision lie with? The clubs or the SPFL?

Hibee Mac
09-12-2017, 09:34 AM
It'll be an absolute joke if we wear our away kit.

Your home ground is supposed to feel like a tough place to be, you hardly want to be bending over to them before we've even kicked a ball.

In you come Celtic feel free to wear your green strip we'll accommodate you.... get stuffed!!

Elephant Stone
Gonna throw my neck on the line and say we'll be wearing our home strip and Celtic will be wearing something that doesn't clash with that.

DH1875
We will both be in our away kits and if anything, I'm more surprised that people are surprised at this.

Leith Green
09-12-2017, 09:39 AM
We will both be in our away kits and if anything, I'm more surprised that people are surprised at this.

Why shouldnt we be surprised. Did Celtic wear their away kit when we played them at parkhead?

DarlingtonHibee
09-12-2017, 09:42 AM
It would actually sum Scottish football up to a tee if Hibs have to wear their away top at home to Celtic to accommodate their choice of away strips.

This. If we have to wear our away kit it's a joke, can you imagine the reverse situation in Glasgow. Who do these twats think they are.

GreenCastle
09-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Wearing the away kit would be a joke. We would be wearing Hibs wear black and Celtic wear green.

Has this happened before at ER with Hibs wearing away kit?

Have Celtic ever worn an away kit against us at Celtic Park?

Future17
09-12-2017, 10:04 AM
I think Celtc will be wearing that horrific pink effort from last season.

Pretty Boy
09-12-2017, 10:06 AM
Hibs will be in green. Celtic will either wear their bile green 3rd thing with black shorts or one of their change kits from last season (pink or black). Same sponsor and manufacturer so no reason for them not to.

Pete
09-12-2017, 10:06 AM
There’s no way they’ll be allowed to wear any of this seasons kits going by recent history. It will no fount be suggested that a darker colour must be worn by someone and our away kit will be suggested.

We need to tell them to wear it or come up with something. Send them down to sports direct for Liverpool or Barcelona kits.

Seekyit
09-12-2017, 10:07 AM
Wearing the away kit would be a joke. We would be wearing Hibs wear black and Celtic wear green.

Has this happened before at ER with Hibs wearing away kit?

Have Celtic ever worn an away kit against us at Celtic Park?

Strangely enough there was some footage on Alba recently of Celtic v.Hibs from the seventies, Celtic were wearing yellow and we wore our home kit. Not that I'm condoning it, we should be in our home kit.

HibeeHibernian4
09-12-2017, 10:13 AM
It really does sum up my dislike of Celtic. Only they, one of about 5 sides in Britain (yes, Britain, not Ireland as they like to think) who wear green, almost ruling out the need for an away kit, and yet they still choose two that clash. Utter welts.

green day
09-12-2017, 10:18 AM
SPFL Rules -

Clashes of Colours

G38 At least 7 days prior to all League Matches and Play-Off Matches the competing
Clubs shall notify each other and the Secretary of the kit it intends its Players to
wear in the relevant match. Such notification shall be made using the SPFL Match
Kit Form and include the kit to be worn by the goalkeeper.

G39 If the Secretary determines that there is, or is likely to be, a clash of colours, the
Secretary in consultation with the Scottish FA Head of Referee Operations (being
the head of the Scottish FA refereeing department by whatever name called), will
determine, in accordance with the provisions of this Rule G, which colours should
be worn by the Clubs scheduled to compete in the match. The Secretary will notify
the competing Clubs of the colours to be worn in the match no later than 48 hours
prior to the match.

G40 Notwithstanding Rules G38 and G39, in the event of any dispute with regard to the
playing kit to be worn by either Club the match referee’s decision as to whether
there is a clash of colours shall be final.

G41 When two competing Clubs having the same or similar first choice colours engage
in a League Match or Play-Off Match, the Visiting Club shall play in its second or
third choice playing kit which must be different and distinct from the Home Club's
first choice playing kit.

G42 In the event of a clash of colours on match day and the Visiting Club not having
with them an alternative registered playing kit, then the Visiting Club will require to
play in the Home Club's alternative colours and/or shorts and/or socks or, in the
event there is still a colour clash, a combination of the Visiting Club’s alternative
colours and the Home Club’s alternative colours.

This last one would be highly amusing..........:greengrin

Michael
09-12-2017, 10:29 AM
SPFL Rules -

Clashes of Colours

G38 At least 7 days prior to all League Matches and Play-Off Matches the competing
Clubs shall notify each other and the Secretary of the kit it intends its Players to
wear in the relevant match. Such notification shall be made using the SPFL Match

G39 If the Secretary determines that there is, or is likely to be, a clash of colours, the
Secretary in consultation with the Scottish FA Head of Referee Operations (being
the head of the Scottish FA refereeing department by whatever name called), will
determine, in accordance with the provisions of this Rule G, which colours should
be worn by the Clubs scheduled to compete in the match. The Secretary will notify
the competing Clubs of the colours to be worn in the match no later than 48 hours
prior to the match.

G40 Notwithstanding Rules G38 and G39, in the event of any dispute with regard to the
playing kit to be worn by either Club the match referee’s decision as to whether

G41 When two competing Clubs having the same or similar first choice colours engage
in a League Match or Play-Off Match, the Visiting Club shall play in its second or
third choice playing kit which must be different and distinct from the Home Club's

G42 In the event of a clash of colours on match day and the Visiting Club not having
with them an alternative registered playing kit, then the Visiting Club will require to
play in the Home Club's alternative colours and/or shorts and/or socks or, in the
event there is still a colour clash, a combination of the Visiting Club’s alternative

Hahahahaha! Can you imagine? They'll find a way out of it though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-12-2017, 10:46 AM
Surely the name on the dug out or the dressing room doors gives a huge clue to the strip that should be worn. Maybe being old school but the home and away tops are essentially the work clothes. Make the third strip the folly fashion item that can be p'ssed around with. No point in defining the team and the support in colours and then being prepared to change them for the turn of a coin.

hibbyfraelibby
09-12-2017, 10:51 AM
We should play skin...show them how hard we are

NAE NOOKIE
09-12-2017, 10:58 AM
After 130 odd years Celtic should know by now that they have a colour clash with us, if they are so arrogant they can have two away strips which both still clash its their problem not ours .... as somebody else said, they can bugger off down to Sports Direct and buy some tops that don't clash. No way should we play in our away kit to accommodate their arrogance.

leggeto
09-12-2017, 11:02 AM
SPFL Rules -

Clashes of Colours

prior to the match.

I think Chelsea had to do this at Coventry years ago,no way should we keep bending over to them

GreenCastle
09-12-2017, 11:10 AM
We should play skin...show them how hard we are

Laugh out loud moment

Fuzzywuzzy
09-12-2017, 11:13 AM
I reckon we'll be in black they'll be in hoops

easty
09-12-2017, 11:17 AM

So do I

Sir David Gray
09-12-2017, 11:19 AM
Celtic should be told to wear their third goalkeeper strip for their outfield players tomorrow which is a flourescent salmon colour so no clash there with us.

**** them. I can't believe they have been allowed to produce not two but three strips this season which are all green. Absolute joke.

Next season we should bring out two green strips as well and see what the SPFL does then!

GreenLake
09-12-2017, 11:31 AM
SPFL Rules -

Clashes of Colours

prior to the match.

They have been wearing our jerseys for ever so it shouldn't make a difference.

Elephant Stone
Celtic should be told to wear their third goalkeeper strip for their outfield players tomorrow which is a flourescent salmon colour so no clash there with us.

**** them. I can't believe they have been allowed to produce not two but three strips this season which are all green. Absolute joke.

Next season we should bring out two green strips as well and see what the SPFL does then!

We've done that before, twice.

My_Wife_Camille
Why do people care about this all of a sudden? Can’t remember it being a problem in the past. Is it just because it’s Celtic?

GreenLake

We should have our green and white hoops for an away jersey.

Jones28
09-12-2017, 11:38 AM
We've done that before, twice.

The bottle green one was a beauty

Carheenlea
09-12-2017, 11:43 AM
There was never much of a clash in the past for the battle of the greens. Great kits back then.

http://i63.tinypic.com/34eajoj.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2yy2xw2.jpg

Pretty Boy
09-12-2017, 11:47 AM

Tbf to Celtic have we ever considered them when we have a white away strip which is also a clash with them? In September 2000 we played Celtic at Celtic Park and they wore yellow whilst we wore green and white because both our kits were deemed a clash with their home strip.

Edit: video footage below as proof.

https://youtu.be/bLYf5DXmBgw

easty
09-12-2017, 11:55 AM
We should have our green and white hoops for an away jersey.

Nah, we shouldn't.

My_Wife_Camille
09-12-2017, 12:00 PM
Tbf to Celtic have we ever considered them when we have a white away strip which is also a clash with them? In September 2000 we played Celtic at Celtic Park and they wore yellow whilst we wore green and white because both our kits were deemed a clash with their home strip.

Was the same in the February that season when Libbra scored for us

Michael
09-12-2017, 12:04 PM

But at least that kit didn't clash with our own home strip!

Sir David Gray
09-12-2017, 12:09 PM

That's different. :wink:

Johnny_Leith
09-12-2017, 12:25 PM
Why do people care about this all of a sudden? Can’t remember it being a problem in the past. Is it just because it’s Celtic?

Glad to see it's not just me who doesn't care about this

My_Wife_Camille
09-12-2017, 12:41 PM

Off the the top of my head.

In each each case the home team either won or it was a draw so not sure there’s much evidence of it being much of a disadvantage either

Paisley Hibby
09-12-2017, 02:38 PM

Maybe more likely we'll both be in away strips.

heretoday
09-12-2017, 03:00 PM

Correct. Pathetic. Am I right in thinking we even wore our away strip against Hearts recently?

bournehibby
09-12-2017, 03:12 PM
There was never much of a clash in the past for the battle of the greens. Great kits back then.

http://i63.tinypic.com/34eajoj.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2yy2xw2.jpg
What a fabulous Hibs strip. The best ever imo

bh

LaMotta
09-12-2017, 03:17 PM

So do I

No chance.

Hibrandenburg
09-12-2017, 03:20 PM
SPFL Rules -

Clashes of Colours

prior to the match.

Wouldn't be the first time they've worn our kit :whistle:

Leith Green
09-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Correct. Pathetic. Am I right in thinking we even wore our away strip against Hearts recently?

Yeah im pretty sure we wore white at tynecastle a few years ago, think it may have been when we had a right dark green home top. Didnt Hearts wear theirs at easter rd that season too? Im thinking Ozturk derby??

Glory Lurker
09-12-2017, 05:33 PM
Yeah im pretty sure we wore white at tynecastle a few years ago, think it may have been when we had a right dark green home top. Didnt Hearts wear theirs at easter rd that season too? Im thinking Ozturk derby??

Yep. Did they wear the away in the 2-0 derby too?

Leith Green
09-12-2017, 05:34 PM
Yep. Did they wear the away in the 2-0 derby too?

Yeah im sure they did ..

SideBurns
09-12-2017, 08:12 PM
We could wear the same kits tomorrow as we did throughout the 70s & 80s without any problems. To suggest otherwise is commercial keech.

DH1875
10-12-2017, 11:31 AM
Celtic playing in a sort of pinky colour.

Toldo123
10-12-2017, 11:41 AM
Celtic playing in a sort of pinky colour.Cerise I would call it :-)

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

TRC
10-12-2017, 11:47 AM
Thought Beaton was a hun. Could've fouled me on this display

Mr White
10-12-2017, 12:20 PM
Thought Beaton was a hun. Could've fouled me on this display

If scott brown fouled you he'd get a pat on the back from Beaton on the evidence on show in that first half.

DH1875
10-12-2017, 12:37 PM
So is this an old strip they are wearing?

heretoday
10-12-2017, 01:25 PM
Ridiculous. Hoops or nothing.

heretoday
10-12-2017, 01:26 PM
Ridiculous. Hoops or nothing. Totally ruins the spectacle.

Colr
10-12-2017, 01:33 PM
I think Celtc will be wearing that horrific pink effort from last season.

It is disgusting.

Pretty Boy
10-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Much ado about nothing.

Elephant Stone
10-12-2017, 02:13 PM
Much ado about nothing.

Wait until they see the 2018/19 Celtic away kit

https://www.footballkitnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/New-Hibs-Home-Kit-2013-14.jpeg

Deansy
10-12-2017, 02:13 PM
Cerise I would call it :-)

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

'Poor Man's Unwashed Pink' I'd call it !

Keith_M
10-12-2017, 05:22 PM
Soooo, it looked like people were getting their knickers in a twist about nothing.

:greengrin

The Greens v The Pinks

KWJ
10-12-2017, 06:14 PM
Soooo, it looked like people were getting their knickers in a twist about nothing.

:greengrin

The Greens v The Pinks

They had to wear a strip from last season because they were fannies and made 3 tops the same colour.

I don't think I've ever seen a team wear the previous season's top and it's fortunate they had the same sponsors and kit designers. Glad we didn't choose to wear black today.

monktonharp
10-12-2017, 10:20 PM
After 130 odd years Celtic should know by now that they have a colour clash with us, if they are so arrogant they can have two away strips which both still clash its their problem not ours .... as somebody else said, they can bugger off down to Sports Direct and buy some tops that don't clash. No way should we play in our away kit to accommodate their arrogance.there is no 130 odd year clash. they were formed in 1888. this is 2017. do the maths. 2017 - 1888 = 129. we were there much earlier.