PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TICKET INFO | HEARTS AWAY

Pages : 1 [2] 3

easty
12-12-2017, 12:36 PM
Each season ticket holder should be able to get a "joker" to use once a season. Which gets you online a day early and it gets used up if you are successful.

That way you let everyone get to choose which one they want a better chance on Huns, Mini Huns, Tims, Cup Final you choose.

What if they all wanted to use it for the same game at Tynecastle though?

Albanian Hibs
12-12-2017, 12:37 PM
What a total joke of a system, missed 3 games all season in all competitions yet unable to get a ticket whereas folk who have friends that are season ticket holders have got tickets no problem. Systems a joke, really makes you think, why bother travelling up to Aberdeen for a 12pk kick off, to Dingwall, Alloa in the league cup because the club clearly don't give a toss. Shambles of a system, as a season ticket holder that attends almost every away game, I may aswell not bother because the club don't care about the extra effort you make as long as they get their money. Whoevers idea it was to scrap loyalty points should be sacked and never let near the club again.

Why didnt you subscribe to the away season ticket?

Geo_1875
I believe Hibs pay a certain amount for a certain 'package'. Therefore the 'package' the club appear to have in place struggles to cope with demand.

When you have people logging in on their phone, tablet, works pc and whatever it's no surprise some people are queued and unable to access the site.

Ticketmaster will allow a certain number of concurrent logins to the site and when that's reached nobody else is getting in.

I suppose Hibs could pay for an unlimited package but we'd all be moaning when we sell John McGinn to pay for it.

CropleyWasGod
What a total joke of a system, missed 3 games all season in all competitions yet unable to get a ticket whereas folk who have friends that are season ticket holders have got tickets no problem. Systems a joke, really makes you think, why bother travelling up to Aberdeen for a 12pk kick off, to Dingwall, Alloa in the league cup because the club clearly don't give a toss. Shambles of a system, as a season ticket holder that attends almost every away game, I may aswell not bother because the club don't care about the extra effort you make as long as they get their money. Whoevers idea it was to scrap loyalty points should be sacked and never let near the club again.

Leeann.

EH6 Hibby
12-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Does anyone know what time they start handing out vouchers in the morning? I’m thinking of driving up on my way to work and seeing what the queue is like, not wanting to queue for 3 hours to find out they’re sold out.

HarpyHibby
12-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Managed to get 2 tickets separately for me and my dad at 12.25 and 12.40 and then clicked to pay after entering my card details for a 3rd at 12.50 and was booted out..

Geo_1875
12-12-2017, 12:42 PM

No they haven't. You need to be a season ticket holder to buy a ticket or have one bought for you by another season ticket holder.

Hermit Crab
12-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Does anyone know what time they start handing out vouchers in the morning? I’m thinking of driving up on my way to work and seeing what the queue is like, not wanting to queue for 3 hours to find out they’re sold out.

I finish work at 8am, I wonder if its worth going down then? I would doubt it given the limited number available...

Keith_M
12-12-2017, 12:45 PM
Leeann.

To be fair, she consulted a representative group of four supporters on a walk from the main stand entrance to the ticket office (yep, she really did say that)

TBH, I don't blame them for scrapping it, I blame the idiots giving people at the club constant abuse because it didn't suit their personal circumstances.

PatHead
I am favour of a loyalty scheme. But staff in the ticket office were getting abused and people were complaining their total was wrong. Ticket office staff were leaving things were that bad. . It wasn’t working, hence it stopped.

Up The Bracket
Why didnt you subscribe to the away season ticket?

Because to miss 2/3 games a season and still have to pay another team
Money for a ticket isn't great and I go with different people on different weeks because not all of my friends go every week so would have to sit by myself if I got the away season ticket.

Hermit Crab
12-12-2017, 12:46 PM
I am favour of a loyalty scheme. But staff in the ticket office were getting abused and people were complaining their total was wrong. Ticket office staff were leaving things were that bad. . It wasn’t working, hence it stopped.

Because it was set up wrongly and mismanaged. Hibs made it more difficult than it had to be.

Up The Bracket
12-12-2017, 12:46 PM
No they haven't. You need to be a season ticket holder to buy a ticket or have one bought for you by another season ticket holder.

If you have a season ticket holder in your online network then you can get one

Hermit Crab
12-12-2017, 12:47 PM
Because to miss 2/3 games a season and still have to pay another team
Money for a ticket isn't great and I go with different people on different weeks because not all of my friends go every week so would have to sit by myself if I got the away season ticket.

Small price to pay is it not?

mcohibs
12-12-2017, 12:49 PM
Is it still done through ticket master?

I assume so so any negativity aimed at hibs is out of their control.

Hibs pay Ticketmaster for their service so are in part responsible as the service doesn't suit their client's needs.

The food is gash at Easter Road. Should we direct our frustration at the company that Hibs outsource to that makes the food?

These things are not 'outwith' Hibs control.

Hermit Crab
12-12-2017, 12:50 PM
Hibs pay Ticketmaster for their service so are in part responsible as the service doesn't suit their client's needs.

The food is gash at Easter Road. Should we direct our frustration at the company that Hibs outsource to that makes the food?

These things are not 'outwith' Hibs control.

It really is. :agree:

kaimendhibs
12-12-2017, 12:53 PM
Logged straight in and bought 2 five minutes ago. First away game in a few years, delighted![emoji855][emoji855]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171212/ade34c23e539bad00eae037e53fc25ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Kojock
12-12-2017, 12:55 PM
Small price to pay is it not?

Thing is they restrict the AST numbers to 350 which given the difficulties getting tickets this season will easily be reached thereby creating an even more exclusive group of supporters that nobody can join till someone leaves.

CallumLaidlaw
12-12-2017, 01:01 PM

Well I've already read about folk planning on heading down at around 6pm TONIGHT. Absolutely mental and proof of why we need a new system. Coldest winter in years and people are having to queue overnight.

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2017, 01:04 PM
A points system seriously needs to be re-instated. People who go home and away every week missing out on tickets to someone who's never been to an away game just isn't right.

How do you know this, who are these people who never go to away games that are getting these tickets? :confused:

EH6 Hibby
12-12-2017, 01:06 PM
Well I've already read about folk planning on heading down at around 6pm TONIGHT. Absolutely mental and proof of why we need a new system. Coldest winter in years and people are having to queue overnight.

No doubt people doing it in shifts if they're going that early, I know there were some people complaining about that, I think it was for the The Rangers game.

Still haven't had an answer to my question if anyone does know???

mcohibs
12-12-2017, 01:09 PM

It's dangerous and I'm surprised the club are allowing it to happen. Without meaning to sound overly dramatic here it's not a ridiculous notion that with hundreds of people stood out overnight someone may take very ill. What position would the club then be in? They knew exactly what was going to happen by holding back 400 tickets for people to queue for as the same thing happened last season.

lucky
12-12-2017, 01:10 PM
To be fair, she consulted a representative group of four supporters on a walk from the main stand entrance to the ticket office (yep, she really did say that)

TBH, I don't blame them for scrapping it, I blame the idiots giving people at the club constant abuse because it didn't suit their personal circumstances.

No she didn’t. It was wide ranging but ultimately the scheme got done in because of the complaints about HSL members getting points.

But one thing is sure the club won’t be bringing back a loyalty scheme anytime soon as told to me by LD within the last hour

Since90+2
12-12-2017, 01:11 PM
If its true people are heading down at 6pm tonight then that is absolutely mental.

I have previously said I dont think the points system should be brought back due to the potential impact on season ticket sales but on reflection I actually think it should be points based. It cant be right that guys are having to stand outside for 15 hours to guarantee themselves a ticket for a derby.

bigwheel
12-12-2017, 01:12 PM
No she didn’t. It was wide ranging but ultimately the scheme got done in because of the complaints about HSL members getting points.

But one thing is sure the club won’t be bringing back a loyalty scheme anytime soon as told to me by LD within the last hour

well, she is making the wrong call on this...

Hibby70
12-12-2017, 01:12 PM
What if they all wanted to use it for the same game at Tynecastle though?

Well those that were successful wouldn't be able to use it for the next one. So say 8000 people tried using their joker for 27th. 3000 were successful so a better chance for those that weren't at the next game.

The joker wouldn't guarantee you a ticket but would just increase your chances.

Ozyhibby
12-12-2017, 01:14 PM
3500 happy people, 9500 unhappy people. No matter what system is in place, those numbers would be roughly the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
12-12-2017, 01:24 PM
Yip away season ticket still going. Thats how i got my 2 for tynie and i didnt have to do anything apart from watching the money come out my account yesterday

This.

lucky
12-12-2017, 01:25 PM
3500 happy people, 9500 unhappy people. No matter what system is in place, those numbers would be roughly the same.

Spot on if you got a ticket your happy if you didn’t your not. As Hibs fans we don’t really face this problem to often compared to some other clubs

lyonhibs
12-12-2017, 01:35 PM
Everyone will get a ticket once some basic fault is found in their ramshackle new stand and the game has to be moved to Murrayfield :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
12-12-2017, 01:45 PM
I agree. I'd also say that those that didn't get a ticket for 27th should have a better shot at getting one for the cup game.Nope sorry I want to be at both and considering I've been as far away as Dingwall this season with a very select few then I don't see why I should have less of a chance for the cup game.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

JIm
12-12-2017, 01:45 PM

It'll be interesting to watch how this plays out over the rest of season/in to next. If we keep improving the way we are and crowds continue to increases feedback from the support is only going to get louder and gain momentum. Whilst there are clearly people who are not for loyalty points systemt I barely know a person who isn't for it. It would be very interesting to see what would happen if the club polled ST Holders/shareholders. Anyway point is I think its an issue that's clearly not going to go away any time soon.

HibeeHibernian4
12-12-2017, 01:53 PM
When we had the loyalty point system people complained ? Now we don’t have it people complain ?

It appears that the club can’t win

Do they still do the away season ticket ? That seems like a good solution for those that go to every game

The difference is that people who complained when we had the loyalty points system were entirely unjustified (if they were arguing against the principle of it). People who are complaining now about the current system, and saying that those who go to more away games should have a bigger chance at securing a ticket for the in demand games are entirely reasonable.

We do have an away season ticket scheme, but guess what, there is a middle ground between the fans who never or hardly ever go to away games and fans who go almost every week but would lose money if they signed up to the away ST scheme.

Clerie Green
12-12-2017, 01:59 PM
It's dangerous and I'm surprised the club are allowing it to happen. Without meaning to sound overly dramatic here it's not a ridiculous notion that with hundreds of people stood out overnight someone may take very ill. What position would the club then be in? They knew exactly what was going to happen by holding back 400 tickets for people to queue for as the same thing happened last season.
My understanding is that vouchers will be issued to those first in the queue and queue closed when the correct number of vouchers have been issued.
Dependant on when / how soon these vouchers are issued, No One should be queuing overnight and minimal disruption all round :nlgwa

grammyb111
12-12-2017, 02:00 PM
It'll be interesting to watch how this plays out over the rest of season/in to next. If we keep improving the way we are and crowds continue to increases feedback from the support is only going to get louder and gain momentum. Whilst there are clearly people who are not for loyalty points systemt I barely know a person who isn't for it. It would be very interesting to see what would happen if the club polled ST Holders/shareholders. Anyway point is I think its an issue that's clearly not going to go away any time soon.

The point is that people said that they wouldn't renew their season ticket if they had no chance of getting an away ticket at Tynecastle etc (whether they would follow through with it or not is another question). The folks that are the ones that complain about the lack of loyalty points would be the kind (myself included) that would renew regardless. I can see why they made the decision, but I still don't like it.

HibeeHibernian4
12-12-2017, 02:05 PM

Incorrect. Under a loyalty points system, it would be:

3500 happy people who earned their ticket by going to a certain number of away games, 9500 unhappy people who didn't go to enough away games to get a ticket, who know that if they want to go next time they'll have to go to a few more away games.

wookie70
12-12-2017, 02:06 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I got two tickets and am unhappy. I wasted an hour of my day. If I had a meeting scheduled I would have missed out. The system Hibs have came up with is dreadful. Ticketmaster are dreadful and I blame the club in part for our choice to buy their service. Who cares what block they are in. Just have 1 or two choices for tickets. Be safe all those queuing, absolute nonsense and again a lottery depending on if you work. Descrimitory against those that are not well enough to stand for that long etc.

Demand outstrips supply and the club's solutions are all lotteries -. Just make it a ballot and stop this crap.

Happy days we will all have to go through this again shortly

Geo_1875
12-12-2017, 02:09 PM
Incorrect. Under a loyalty points system, it would be:

3500 happy people who earned their ticket by going to a certain number of away games, 9500 unhappy people who didn't go to enough away games to get a ticket, who know that if they want to go next time they'll have to go to a few more away games.

Not necessarily. Could be 2000 happy people who were in the top points range for tickets and were guaranteed a ticket. 1500 happy people who were in the same points range as 4500 others but got through the lottery that is the online system. 4500 totally pissed off punters who had enough points but couldn't get logged onto ticketmaster. And 5000 ST holders who didn't have enough points but would still log in here to moan their tits off..

churchie16
12-12-2017, 02:12 PM
Going to head down at 11pm to que for a ticket surely there isn’t anyone going at 6pm not seen it anywhere that people are starting at that time?

HibeeHibernian4
12-12-2017, 02:12 PM
Not necessarily. Could be 2000 happy people who were in the top points range for tickets and were guaranteed a ticket. 1500 happy people who were in the same points range as 4500 others but got through the lottery that is the online system. 4500 totally pissed off punters who had enough points but couldn't get logged onto ticketmaster. And 5000 ST holders who didn't have enough points but would still log in here to moan their tits off..

I'll respond to the other points in a second, but straight off the bat, those 5000 ST holders would have absolutely no grounds to and should laughed off for the chancers that they are.

The tranches would be set so there wouldn't be the potential for 6000 people going for 1000 tickets. Literally just copy the system Hearts have, it's that simple.

Scouse Hibee
12-12-2017, 02:19 PM

Once the first 400 in the queue have been issued a voucher they can go home and come back in the morning.

Billy Whizz
12-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Going to head down at 11pm to que for a ticket surely there isn’t anyone going at 6pm not seen it anywhere that people are starting at that time?

No idea, tough choice to make
Presume Hibs will let fans queue in the West, rather than outside

Geo_1875
12-12-2017, 02:20 PM
I'll respond to the other points in a second, but straight off the bat, those 5000 ST holders would have absolutely no grounds to and should laughed off for the chancers that they are.

The tranches would be set so there wouldn't be the potential for 6000 people going for 1000 tickets. Literally just copy the system Hearts have, it's that simple.

You can't say what the tranches would be in advance. You would have to have a look at it at the time and it is perfectly possible that there would be several thousand on the same number of points and impossible to separate. This is especially true when we're pish and 200 travel to Motherwell or Dundee.

And you're obviously very new to this board if you think a lack of grounds ever stopped anybody having a good moan.

churchie16
12-12-2017, 02:21 PM
Once the first 400 in the queue have been issued a voucher they can go home and come back in the morning.

Never done that for rangers they handed the vouchers out an hour before the tickets went on sale

Onion
12-12-2017, 02:22 PM

Most accept there's no perfect system, but what irks the heck out of me is poor execution and crap systems. If it's first-come first-served then Hibs need to deliver a system that does just that. Far too many stories of folk logging onto the system, waiting patiently and (for no good reason) being kicked out at the last minute while others sign-on late get through and bag tickets straight away is unacceptable. Too much of a lottery.

If pressure for tickets continues to grow then next step (in lieu of the loyalty scheme) is a ballot. At least then, everyone will have an equal chance.

Onion
12-12-2017, 02:27 PM
No idea, tough choice to make
Presume Hibs will let fans queue in the West, rather than outside

Frankly, IMO Hibs have a moral duty to look after those who are queuing in the freezing cold tonight. Food, hot drinks, warmth are basic needs and the minimum Hibs should be providing.

green with envy
12-12-2017, 02:33 PM
Logged straight in and bought 2 five minutes ago. First away game in a few years, delighted!

And this is why there has to be a loyalty point system reinstated. I only miss the odd away game in years.

Thankfully one out of the 4 of us that travel away most weeks managed to get ours.

davhibby
12-12-2017, 02:36 PM
It's quite clear the only people Leeann isn't bothered about listening to are the ones that go regularly. There's plenty of things she's got right but she obviously just doesn't care about the fans. At least there's no rip off hospitality this year

Smartie
12-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Christ, I forgot all about this.

Ah well, looks like I'll be watching it on tv.

HibeeHibernian4
12-12-2017, 02:37 PM
You can't say what the tranches would be in advance. You would have to have a look at it at the time and it is perfectly possible that there would be several thousand on the same number of points and impossible to separate. This is especially true when we're pish and 200 travel to Motherwell or Dundee.

And you're obviously very new to this board if you think a lack of grounds ever stopped anybody having a good moan.

:aok:

Wouldn't stop them but I wouldn't give them the time of day, as Dempster should've done the last time they moaned.

CallumLaidlaw

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171212/2557650d5fb66d385f01ef3eb35d2968.jpg

That was about an hour ago.

green with envy
We used a ballot for a cup game v Stenhousemuir years ago, 94 maybe? Sure those who missed out got to watch on big screens at Murrayfield Ice Rink.

I'm also sure there was one for Pittodrie due to them building the stand behind the beach end. I'm sure the allocation was only around 400, and i was lucky enough to get one, as I was also for said cup game away to Stenhousmuir.

mcohibs
12-12-2017, 02:39 PM

Surely the vouchers will be handed out in the morning? Otherwise the ticket office would need to stay open tonight until there are 400 tickets in the queue? That could be 11pm tonight or it could be 3am tomorrow...

HappyAsHellas
12-12-2017, 02:39 PM
That's me missed the last 3 at PBS due to a screwed up system which is run by a bunch of amateurs in a clown like fashion. Every major club has a loyalty system - even look at Hearts ffs - their system works because it's alarmingly simple and fans know exactly what they have to do to up their points totals - go to more away games. Meanwhile in cloud cuckoo land we hand out points for joining HSL, aye right.

I promise I wont rant again until the cup game fiasco.

Kojock
12-12-2017, 02:43 PM
It's quite clear the only people Leeann isn't bothered about listening to are the ones that go regularly. There's plenty of things she's got right but she obviously just doesn't care about the fans. At least there's no rip off hospitality this year

It's like Sky and BT they don't give a 5h1t about their loyal long standing customers and all the new Johnny come lately get all the best deals. What's the point of purchasing a season ticket and going to all the away matches and then miss out on the three biggest away games.

green with envy
12-12-2017, 02:45 PM
How do you know this, who are these people who never go to away games that are getting these tickets? :confused:

Sunshine on Leith for one.

TBH BH, i know quite a lot that scramble for tickets when it comes to away games against herts, rangers & celtic, yet they wouldn't get out of their bed to go Motherwell, Dundee or Kilmarnock and the likes.

CentreLine
12-12-2017, 02:50 PM
Frankly, IMO Hibs have a moral duty to look after those who are queuing in the freezing cold tonight. Food, hot drinks, warmth are basic needs and the minimum Hibs should be providing.

This is getting just too dramatic:rolleyes:
Although it is quite possible Hibs will do all the above and more :dunno:, there is no "moral duty" here. People who choose to queue overnight have a personal duty to ensure they are properly prepared for weather conditions and look after their own health, or not as they may choose. People have done this stuff for generations and for many different entertainment events as well as seasonal shop sales. They will do it again for the January sales no doubt and for years to come. I cannot remember ever reading that anyone had come to harm as a result of queuing but it certainly comes as a result of bad behaviour and or lack of preparation. If they come to harm, and I would sincerely hope nobody does, it can only have been their own responsibility for failing to properly prepare. This ides that it always has to be the fault of someone is ludicrous

All that said, our club has shown itself to be a caring organisation many times and I cannot see this being any different.

Mikey
12-12-2017, 02:53 PM
It'll be the same carnage when the tickets for the cup game go on sale in a few weeks.

DH1875
12-12-2017, 02:56 PM
Nope sorry I want to be at both and considering I've been as far away as Dingwall this season with a very select few then I don't see why I should have less of a chance for the cup game.

What about the guys who go to Dingwall, Aberdeen and the likes but aren't season ticket holders? Do they deserve a ticket more than someone who doesn't travel to away games but is a home season ticket holder? NO, they don't, so why should you? God forbid the day we do have to actually ballot away games and fans get restricted to only 3 or 4 games a season.

I'm also sure there was one for Pittodrie due to them building the stand behind the beach end. I'm sure the allocation was only around 400, and i was lucky enough to get one, as I was also for said cup game away to Stenhousmuir.

We had a ballot for the 2000-2001 Scottish cup final against Celtic. No one ever believes me about it though.

hibs4life
12-12-2017, 02:58 PM
I got sorted for the tickets I wanted today but not having a loyalty scheme for these in demand games is a nonsense.
I think most would recognise that being a season ticket holder and a consistent attendee at away games,should be reflected in the ticket purchasing pecking order.
It was a big mistake to remove the points system IMHO and most clubs apply something along these lines.

grammyb111
12-12-2017, 03:00 PM
What about the guys who go to Dingwall, Aberdeen and the likes but aren't season ticket holders? Do they deserve a ticket more than someone who doesn't travel to away games but is a home season ticket holder? NO, they don't, so why should you? God forbid the day we do have to actually ballot away games and fans get restricted to only 3 or 4 games a season.

We had a ballot for the 2000-2001 Scottish cup final against Celtic. No one ever believes me about it though.

That was only for folks that had been to the semi final and not season ticket holders though I think? I remember having to send off ticket stubs and not being successful.

Pretty Boy
12-12-2017, 03:01 PM

Sadly not. I camped out for the cup game at Tynecastle last year and they don't issue the vouchers until about 8am. There will be a lot of people who queue up tonight who don't even get a voucher and have wasted their night.

It's a farcical situation in this day and age that people feel they have to sit out all night in below zero temperatures to get a ticket for a football match.

wookie70
12-12-2017, 03:01 PM
Once the first 400 in the queue have been issued a voucher they can go home and come back in the morning.That makes sense in terms of the weather but is stupid for a queuing system.

HibeeHibernian4
12-12-2017, 03:02 PM
What about the guys who go to Dingwall, Aberdeen and the likes but aren't season ticket holders? Do they deserve a ticket more than someone who doesn't travel to away games but is a home season ticket holder? NO, they don't, so why should you

"What about those people in such rare circumstances that there are probably about a dozen of them, do they deserve a ticket more than me? NO, they don't, so why should you, a person who's not in their circumstance and goes home and away?"

Also, yeah, I think they do deserve a ticket more than home season ticket holders, sorry to break it to you.

Pretty Boy
12-12-2017, 03:03 PM
Although it is quite possible Hibs will do all the above and more :dunno:, there is no "moral duty" here. People who choose to queue overnight have a personal duty to ensure they are properly prepared for weather conditions and look after their own health, or not as they may choose. People have done this stuff for generations and for many different entertainment events as well as seasonal shop sales. They will do it again for the January sales no doubt and for years to come. I cannot remember ever reading that anyone had come to harm as a result of queuing but it certainly comes as a result of bad behaviour and or lack of preparation. If they come to harm, and I would sincerely hope nobody does, it can only have been their own responsibility for failing to properly prepare. This ides that it always has to be the fault of someone is ludicrous

All that said, our club has shown itself to be a caring organisation many times and I cannot see this being any different.

Again based on last year about 7am Frank Dougan appeared and arranged hot drinks for the people queuing and it was him and Greg Mailer who were issuing the vouchers and keeping people in the loop about what was going on.

It was the reason why I voted for him as fans rep again.

DH1875
12-12-2017, 03:06 PM
That was only for folks that had been to the semi final and not season ticket holders though I think? I remember having to send off ticket stubs and not being successful.

It was still a ballot :wink: 15 thousand fans applied for tickets and 14,998 were successful with only me and you missing out :greengrin (although it wasn't funny at the time).

offshorehibby
12-12-2017, 03:07 PM
Sods law, a day late in getting home from work and my flight had to leave at 11:20.
Do I a) get up in the middle of the night with a hangover or b) watch it in Tamsons

DH1875
12-12-2017, 03:11 PM
"What about those people in such rare circumstances that there are probably about a dozen of them, do they deserve a ticket more than me? NO, they don't, so why should you, a person who's not in their circumstance and goes home and away?"

Also, yeah, I think they do deserve a ticket more than home season ticket holders, sorry to break it to you.

We have more than 12 fans who go to away games and aren't season ticket holders lol.

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2017, 03:14 PM
If we were selling out away grounds every week, then people would be a more accepting of lottery's to secure tickets, but given the size of our travelling support, there is absolutely no excuses from the board to not have a system in place to ensure those regular travellers are catered for when it comes to the biggest away games of our season at our city rivals. No excuse at all.

One hundred per cent this. You can slice it and dice it any way you please, but fundamentally there needs to be a fairer system in place for the small number of games which sell out in minutes. Stalwarts on this thread missing out is a sad sight. The away ST is a great idea, but not everyone can make use of it, though they get to a number of away games. We can do better than this surely.

Brightside
12-12-2017, 03:22 PM

The club didn't want this and have been forced into it by fans that demanded an in person service.

davhibby
12-12-2017, 03:24 PM
The club didn't want this and have been forced into it by fans that demanded an in person service.

The club are happy to ignore fans on other issues so why did they give in on this one

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2017, 03:30 PM
I finish work at 8am, I wonder if its worth going down then? I would doubt it given the limited number available...

I thought you were an away ST holder, Hermit.

Hibernian Verse
12-12-2017, 03:31 PM

We had a ballot for the 2000-2001 Scottish cup final against Celtic. No one ever believes me about it though.Did you actually read my comment? It was in response to someone saying those who got tickets should have less of a chance for the Scottish cup game. Nothing at all about who deserves what.

Read.

CallumLaidlaw
12-12-2017, 03:35 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171212/826293eb5b00b3af1f7f166838af03f1.jpg

This was apparently 30 minutes ago and the first 15 people in the queue were all getting 10 each

Geo_1875
12-12-2017, 03:40 PM
It'll be the same carnage when the tickets for the cup game go on sale in a few weeks.

You mean we get to go through it all again?

I don't know what's worse, the stress of waiting 10 minutes on a website to find out if you've got tickets, or reading the pish on here afterwards.

Since90+2
12-12-2017, 03:40 PM
You would have to guess that folk queuing from 4pm will be doing shifts and other people will be coming to take their spot , if not thats 18 hours queuing.

oneone73
12-12-2017, 03:41 PM
You mean we get to go through it all again?

I don't know what's worse, the stress of waiting 10 minutes on a website to find out if you've got tickets, or reading the pish on here afterwards.

You don't have to do either, especially the latter.

Geo_1875
12-12-2017, 03:42 PM

This was apparently 30 minutes ago and the first 15 people in the queue were all getting 10 each

Would you believe them though?

SteveHFC
12-12-2017, 03:42 PM
You would have to guess that folk queuing from 4pm will be doing shifts and other people will be coming to take their spot , if not thats 18 hours queuing.

Would be doing the same if I didn’t have a away season ticket this season.

Geo_1875
12-12-2017, 03:44 PM
You don't have to do either, especially the latter.

I know but my boss isn't around today and I've nothing else to do.

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2017, 03:49 PM

It's going to be -7 degrees tonight. They deserve a bravery medal for Hibs staunchness.

ronaldo7
12-12-2017, 03:49 PM

The club could have done this differently. The online sales, "normally" sell out in around, 2 hours. They could have been put online, this morning at 10 am, and the ticket office sales could have started at 1 pm. They would easily have shifted 400 by close of play today. Nobody needed to be queuing overnight.

oneone73
12-12-2017, 03:58 PM
The club could have done this differently. The online sales, "normally" sell out in around, 2 hours. They could have been put online, this morning at 10 am, and the ticket office sales could have started at 1 pm. They would easily have shifted 400 by close of play today. Nobody needed to be queuing overnight.
Not great if you're working though.

ronaldo7
12-12-2017, 04:04 PM
Not great if you're working though.

So how would you pick up tickets at 10am? People work different hours these days, and we really shouldn't have these guys staying out all night.

Kojock
12-12-2017, 04:05 PM

The online sales sold out out in about 25 min. You would still get people queuing overnight and then making them wait till 1pm wouldn't go down to well.

Billy Whizz
12-12-2017, 04:09 PM
It's going to be -7 degrees tonight. They deserve a bravery medal for Hibs staunchness.

A warm +3 tonight. Hope Hibs are giving them shelter

Brightside
12-12-2017, 04:17 PM

Its not going below freezing tonight. Its still stupid though.

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2017, 04:19 PM
Its not going below freezing tonight. Its still stupid though.

It's feels colder than that now. Where's wee Michael Fish? Has wind chill been factored in? :greengrin

Kojock
12-12-2017, 04:20 PM
My son has just arrived to queue and one person queuing is keeping tally and it appears around 240 tickets are already spoken for.

Onion
12-12-2017, 04:22 PM

And folk used to stand on open terracing and piss in beer cans :dunno: This is 2017, freezing conditions and these are among Hibs most loyal customers, not some brand tarts looking for the latest gizmo or opportunists looking to bag some cheap tickets to flog on TicketStub. Sure Hibs will do the right thing.

Billy Whizz
12-12-2017, 04:23 PM
Shouldn’t be about who queues up first, doesn’t work this way online

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2017, 04:23 PM
I'm not camping out all night in the middle of winter. Instead I've sent my valet along, with a flask of coffee. It means I'll have to put my own toothpaste on the brush tonight, but you have to make sacrifices as a fitba fan. The heating is on for his return anyway.

HibeeHibernian4
12-12-2017, 04:35 PM

It was stauncher to actually go to Tynecastle in 2011/12 when we were on a hiding to nothing than camp out for goldust tickets.

Dashing Bob S
12-12-2017, 04:39 PM
I've been offered a couple of ST's for the Hearts stand by a tramp 'friend' who is working away. Will snaffle them and wear a nose peg, which I should be able to sell afterwards.

murray26
12-12-2017, 04:40 PM
It was stauncher to actually go to Tynecastle in 2011/12 when we were on a hiding to nothing than camp out for goldust tickets.

Good point.. one of my favourite Tynecastle matches was a 0-1 win ( Riordan pen) must have been at least 1500 empty seats in our end that night.. great memory

Glory Lurker
12-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Having in-person sales is daft enough, but are they really allowing folk to buy ten each? If so, that’s nuts.

If in-person sales (even 1 per person) have to happen, they shouldn’t start until 48 hours after start of internet sales, with the whole allocation being available online from the start.

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2017, 04:43 PM
I've been offered a couple of ST's for the Hearts stand by a tramp 'friend' who is working away. Will snaffle them and wear a nose peg, which I should be able to sell afterwards.

Not sure I could do that, because you will have to be silent all the time, which is very difficult. Think I'd just watch in the pub/at home, where at least you can cheer.

wearethehibs
12-12-2017, 04:53 PM
So we all missing the days when tynie tickets would go to general sale and sometimes we wouldn't even sell out?

Albanian Hibs
12-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Good luck to they guys queuing. Raining now in South Edinburgh

GreenCastle
12-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Been offered a ticket by a Hearts fan in the Wheatfield. He goes with his dad but can’t make it due to Xmas gatherings.

Not too sure if I will take up the offer..would be a nightmare if we scored - couldn’t even video the fans celebrating.

Regarding loyalty points - needs consistency as last time it wasn’t and certain games didn’t reward them.

I would still have..

Away season ticket - every game

Away club membership / paid at start of the season - enters you into ballot for away tickets - drawn out for every away game - though imagine only needed for a few games. But who decides that ? Doesn’t gunarentee you a Ticket but would be more fair and more money for club at start of the season.

ST holders

General sale

Hibeewilly
12-12-2017, 05:02 PM
An absolute fnucking shambles Hibs!!! FFS Leanne admit you were wrong abolishing the loyalty scheme and take a look at the other schemes in the league that work and bring it back asap. These people queueing are probably folk that go every week....I cant imagine the once or twice a year daytrippers to Tynecastle queueing up that's for sure. Shocking !!! :fuming::fuming::fuming:

brythehibby
12-12-2017, 05:04 PM
So we all missing the days when tynie tickets would go to general sale and sometimes we wouldn't even sell out?

It’s not great missing out when it’s never happened to me before. I believe your loyalty should be rewarded for all the games you go to somehow.

It is however very satisfying to see the demand for these tickets. Having so many people wanting to go to games is a sign of how well the club are doing on the pitch.

wookie70
12-12-2017, 05:08 PM
I got my two tickets at 12.39pm and 12.43pm and some on here got theirs after 1pm. It cost me flexitime and I would have had no chance if it was the day before or after. I got lucky but am still pissed off about the hassle and undue stress.

The system is a total lottery that only pi**es people off. As far as I am concerned this is the club's fault for continuing with an arrangement that just wastes fans' time. I got my ticket but can't understand the system and given it is so poor it is essentially a ballot but with everyone wasting time. The board has been brilliant recently but they really need to sort this. This to my mind this is the board's view on priority ticketing

On priority ticketing, we don't care about away fans or non season ticket holding home fans if there is any administration costs or hassle . If you want to buy a ticket for every game in advance and without knowing when or even where they will be then that's ok because it is cheap and hassle free for us too. If you buy a season ticket we value you all equally whether you only go away from ER for Finals and Tiny or go to the majority of away games, we don't even care if you come to ER as long as you buy a season ticket. Therefore, we are going to sell tickets as cost efficiently as possible regardless of how much time this wastes for fans. We will also offer a overnight kip on the pavement because a few fans asked us and this looks like we are listening and is more importantly cheap( a couple of raffle tickets and a box of teabags). All those who don't have much of an interest in watching Hibs away can have an equal chance of going to the big away games as those who do go to the majority of away games. Please don't give up your season tickets we really value your loyalty, at home, but only with the purchase of a full or half season ticket. By the way we do some ticket touting on the side so be sure to buy our excellent hospitality tickets for premium away games - no season ticket required.

Childish perhaps but the board need to take responsibility on this and find a solution that at least makes sense and at the very least breaks the cycle of fans wasting hours of their time every season. Obviously, a well thought out loyalty scheme along the lines of Aberdeen, Hearts, The Rangers or Celtic and the myriad of other teams that run them with a vote of thanks for fans that spend time and money cheering on their team is my preference. However, any well thought through scheme that can be explained would be an improvement on the car crash we have currently. I'll happily take my chances in a lottery if it saves me time rather than the current situation.

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2017, 05:15 PM
I got my two tickets at 12.39pm and 12.43pm and some on here got theirs after 1pm. It cost me flexitime and I would have had no chance if it was the day before or after. I got lucky but am still pissed off about the hassle and undue stress.

The system is a total lottery that only pi**es people off. As far as I am concerned this is the club's fault for continuing with an arrangement that just wastes fans' time. I got my ticket but can't understand the system and given it is so poor it is essentially a ballot but with everyone wasting time. The board has been brilliant recently but they really need to sort this. This to my mind this is the board's view on priority ticketing

On priority ticketing, we don't care about away fans or non season ticket holding home fans if there is any administration costs or hassle . If you want to buy a ticket for every game in advance and without knowing when or even where they will be then that's ok because it is cheap and hassle free for us too. If you buy a season ticket we value you all equally whether you only go away from ER for Finals and Tiny or go to the majority of away games, we don't even care if you come to ER as long as you buy a season ticket. Therefore, we are going to sell tickets as cost efficiently as possible regardless of how much time this wastes for fans. We will also offer a overnight kip on the pavement because a few fans asked us and this looks like we are listening and is more importantly cheap( a couple of raffle tickets and a box of teabags). All those who don't have much of an interest in watching Hibs away can have an equal chance of going to the big away games as those who do go to the majority of away games. Please don't give up your season tickets we really value your loyalty, at home, but only with the purchase of a full or half season ticket. By the way we do some ticket touting on the side so be sure to buy our excellent hospitality tickets for premium away games - no season ticket required.

Childish perhaps but the board need to take responsibility on this and find a solution that at least makes sense and at the very least breaks the cycle of fans wasting hours of their time every season. Obviously, a well thought out loyalty scheme along the lines of Aberdeen, Hearts, The Rangers or Celtic and the myriad of other teams that run them with a vote of thanks for fans that spend time and money cheering on their team is my preference. However, any well thought through scheme that can be explained would be an improvement on the car crash we have currently. I'll happily take my chances in a lottery if it saves me time rather than the current situation.

Well said, Wookie. I share your frustration with the current arrangement, as do many others. Other clubs manage a points scheme just fine, and said schemes don't seem to cause arguments. Not being able to access the ticket page in the first plane, in combination with folk sleeping outside overnight, can't be our best attempt at this.

HFCdeb
12-12-2017, 05:17 PM

I'm in the same boat. Missed out yet again despite trips to Dingwall, that dump Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Arbroath, Dundee etc. No more away games for me, sick of missing out on these games. That could just be anger talking and I'll probably end up in Aberdeen as planned but really disappointed the club have no regard for the time, effort and cost involved to do this. Seems that the regular away support isn't valued at all.

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2017, 05:20 PM
I'm in the same boat. Missed out yet again despite trips to Dingwall, that dump Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Arbroath, Dundee etc. No more away games for me, sick of missing out on these games. That could just be anger talking and I'll probably end up in Aberdeen as planned but really disappointed the club have no regard for the time, effort and cost involved to do this. Seems that the regular away support isn't valued at all.

Only alternative is the away ST, but not everyone can commit to that. See you in Aberdeen though.

Baw187
12-12-2017, 05:47 PM

I’ve just seen a boy on Facebook who is a Jambo who somehow managed to get 2 Hibs end tickets and is flogging them at a bumped up price. Boasting that cause we don’t reward loyal fans, he was in with a chance and got them.

It is a farce to be honest. And all because a few folk were bumping their gums cause they didn’t have enough loyalty points. [emoji849]

Ginger Gehagan
12-12-2017, 05:48 PM
Any update on the queue? Thinking about heading up later tonight.

CallumLaidlaw
12-12-2017, 05:50 PM

I would say not to bother. Last report was that there was 385 tickets accounted for.

Pretty Boy
12-12-2017, 05:52 PM

I passed about an hour ago on the way home from work and I’d say there was between 15 and 20 in the queue. I dare say that will grow quickly as news there is already a queue spreads and people finish work and so on.

I done it last year but it’s not for me this year. Really don’t fancy a night in the rain and temperatures close to freezing and losing a days pay. Fair play to those who do it.

HarpyHibby
12-12-2017, 05:53 PM
Tickets getting handed out tonight I believe. Dempster addressed the fans queuing up.

wookie70
12-12-2017, 05:56 PM
Tickets getting handed out tonight I believe. Dempster addressed the fans queuing up. That is nonsense as those queuing have queued for less time that someone joining the queue now and staying until the TO opens would have. I'm glad nobody has had to stay out tonight but they are making this up as they go along. Could they not have done that for those of us who logged in early today and saved us some time too. This needs to be sorted by the Cup Game. Employ a three year old to come up with something better.

hibbysam
12-12-2017, 05:57 PM
Tickets getting handed out tonight I believe. Dempster addressed the fans queuing up.

I’d like to think they told her how much of a farce the whole scenario is. If she wants to stick by her guns in regards to no loyalty points then she must make it a ballot, as Wookie said, that’s essentially what it is but with people having the added nuisance of missing work, queuing overnight, getting annoyed at an out of date system etc. 1 week to advise your interest, ST holders only. 1 day to carry out ballot, advise successful and 4 days to give payment or ticket is resold.

CentreLine
12-12-2017, 05:57 PM
I’ve just seen a boy on Facebook who is a Jambo who somehow managed to get 2 Hibs end tickets and is flogging them at a bumped up price. Boasting that cause we don’t reward loyal fans, he was in with a chance and got them.

It is a farce to be honest. And all because a few folk were bumping their gums cause they didn’t have enough loyalty points. [emoji849]

If this is true he should be left with them. It would then be interesting to see how comfortable he was on the night, assuming he chose to use them. Ultimately hahahahahahahearts have got the money for the sale. If he wants to waste his money who cares?

Ginger Gehagan
12-12-2017, 05:58 PM
I would say not to bother. Last report was that there was 385 tickets accounted for.

Thanks for the info pal,saves a drive up from the Borders! First time I've missed a derby at the pbs in 10 years and only the 3rd time since 1994. Gutted!

Pretty Boy
12-12-2017, 05:59 PM
That is nonsense as those queuing have queued for less time that someone joining the queue now and staying until the TO opens would have. I'm glad nobody has had to stay out tonight but they are making this up as they go along. Could they not have done that for those of us who logged in early today and saved us some time too. This needs to be sorted by the Cup Game. Employ a three year old to come up with something better.

Have a ballot, allocate the 3000 (or whatever) spaces available then allow those people to buy actual tickets together (online or in person) if they wish rather than have everyone sitting on their own.

There has to be better option than these mad scrambles and moaning every time there is high demand for tickets. For whatever reason a simplified loyalty scheme seems off the table so at least give everyone a fair shot in a ballot.

Baw187
12-12-2017, 06:01 PM
If this is true he should be left with them. It would then be interesting to see how comfortable he was on the night, assuming he chose to use them. Ultimately hahahahahahahearts have got the money for the sale. If he wants to waste his money who cares?

He’s already flogged them for a packet but that’s not really the point.

He shouldn’t have been able to get them as they should only be available to Hibs supporters who have amassed the right amount of loyalty points.

murray26
12-12-2017, 06:04 PM

He shouldn’t have been able to get them as they should only be available to Hibs supporters who have amassed the right amount of loyalty points.

How can a Hearts fan get them when you need to be a ST holder at ER to even apply..

Billy Whizz
12-12-2017, 06:05 PM

Hibs should be able to trace who gave him their client ref no’s, if the story is true

CentreLine

Did he just say that, was this someone stirring the pot:stirrer:? I assume he posted pictures of these tickets he claims to have got?

wookie70

He shouldn’t have been able to get them as they should only be available to Hibs supporters who have amassed the right amount of loyalty points. To be fair he joined the East Lothian branch and got his tickets last week. Nothing wrong in that.

Baw187
12-12-2017, 06:06 PM
How can a Hearts fan get them when you need to be a ST holder at ER to even apply..

No idea. But he has managed somehow.

murray26
12-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Sounds like a wind up.. no danger any Hibs fan would give him their client reference full stop

CentreLine
12-12-2017, 06:08 PM

Can we see a screen shot of this nonsense please?

Pete
12-12-2017, 06:08 PM

He couldn’t have got them today :confused:

Hibeewilly
12-12-2017, 06:09 PM
What did she say......did she admit the club have created a farce on this subject under her leadership?

Albanian Hibs
12-12-2017, 06:09 PM

Exactly. No tickets have been issued today. I smell shiiiite

Ritchie
12-12-2017, 06:10 PM
That is nonsense as those queuing have queued for less time that someone joining the queue now and staying until the TO opens would have. I'm glad nobody has had to stay out tonight but they are making this up as they go along. Could they not have done that for those of us who logged in early today and saved us some time too. This needs to be sorted by the Cup Game. Employ a three year old to come up with something better.

Everyone in the queue tonight queued online or on the phone today too!! This was last resort. Good on them!!

WoreTheGreen
12-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Bawbag 1-5 arse

wookie70
12-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Have a ballot, allocate the 3000 (or whatever) spaces available then allow those people to buy actual tickets together (online or in person) if they wish rather than have everyone sitting on their own.

There has to be better option than these mad scrambles and moaning every time there is high demand for tickets. For whatever reason a simplified loyalty scheme seems off the table so at least give everyone a fair shot in a ballot.

I'm for this if there isn't a loyalty scheme. My lad really wanted to come but I won't let him sit on his own and it would have been far harder getting two tickets than one. If its a lottery the way you suggest would work better than the current system. If nothing can be arranged for the Cup game then at the very least take away the option of the blocks. I doubt anyone buying today cared where their ticket was and at least having no option to choose where to sit would make it easier to get tickets together.

The Board should at the very least say they are rethinking this as it clearly isn't working for fans including those lucky enough to get tickets. Hats off to the way those who never have reacted on this thread.

Hibernia&Alba
12-12-2017, 06:12 PM

Could have purchased them today, if somebody game him their client reference; though why any Hibs fan would do such a thing is a good question.

Albanian Hibs
12-12-2017, 06:14 PM
Could have purchased them today, if somebody game him their client reference; though why any Hibs fan would do such a thing is a good question.

He wouldnt physically have the tickets though

murray26
12-12-2017, 06:15 PM

Sensible.. no point having people out there all night in this.. fair play to those who where prepared too and well done Leeanne for addressing this but surely there won’t be a repeat of this shambles next month.

Baw187
12-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Exactly. No tickets have been issued today. I smell shiiiite

Clearly he doesn’t have the tickets but he’s flogged 2 tickets he’s apparently secured on FB.

I’ve challenged him on how he got them and says his mate who is offshore gave him his details. That makes more sense and I admit doesn’t necessarily prevent the same thing happening if loyalty points were in play. So I’ll get back in my box!

What’s his mate thinking though.

HibeeHibernian4
So, to confirm, you can now just turn up at Easter Road 20 hours in advance of a ticket sale and call it "queueing" if you get sent home with a guaranteed ticket? This is all just being made up as they go along. Get a system in place pronto.

CentreLine
What did she say......did she admit the club have created a farce on this subject under her leadership?

Incredible the small number of people who want to have a pop at the single biggest contributor to the massive turnaround at our club. LD has explained why the loyalty scheme was scrapped. She has made it clear it is not coming back in the foreseeable future. Using words like "farce" in respect of where our club is at the moment and how it is being run is farcical in itself.

Hibernia&Alba
He wouldnt physically have the tickets though

Indeed, but if purchased, the tickets are his and he can agree to sell them on for a big mark up. Sounds like a wind up though.

John_R_Corbett
12-12-2017, 06:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc1iipvzr4s

Kiddo
12-12-2017, 06:19 PM
So, to confirm, you can now just turn up at Easter Road 20 hours in advance of a ticket sale and call it "queueing" if you get sent home with a guaranteed ticket? This is all just being made up as they go along. Get a system in place pronto.

Surely you agree that sending them away with a voucher tonight is better than having people queuing all night to be told in the morning they’re missing out?

hibbysam
12-12-2017, 06:19 PM
Incredible the small number of people who want to have a pop at the single biggest contributor to the massive turnaround at our club. LD has explained why the loyalty scheme was scrapped. She has made it clear it is not coming back in the foreseeable future. Using words like "farce" in respect of where our club is at the moment and how it is being run is farcical in itself.

She’s got most right, but doesn’t mean we have to sit back and accept every single decision she makes. This ticketing arrangement is a ‘farce’, made up as they go along, using an unfit system and making it a lottery.

HibeeHibernian4
12-12-2017, 06:25 PM
Surely you agree that sending them away with a voucher tonight is better than having people queuing all night to be told in the morning they’re missing out?

It is, but this could've all been avoided if we had something in place to stop people feeling like they have to queue out under the stars in the middle of winter for a ticket.

dp00
12-12-2017, 06:26 PM
The Q at the stadium is now closed

Hibeewilly
12-12-2017, 06:28 PM
If you are referring to my post CL I did say "on this subject". I agree she has done extremely well for the club and I have told her so on the occasions I've met her. However I'll be contacting her shortly to hear her views on this and put mine forward.

AndyB_70
12-12-2017, 06:33 PM
The loyalty scheme was working fine until some idiot decided that HSL folk should get 100 points. That's when it all went to pot with folk moaning. Points worked just fine. Then you know how many folk can get tickets and there is no rush. Works perfectly well for Scotland away games. Only we could make a mess of it.

yonder1875
12-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Yes, I like everyone else think loyalty points need re-introduced but how can people be moaning at Leann sending people home just because it's an improvised decision. Making the best out a bad situation by sending them home.

hibbysam
12-12-2017, 06:40 PM
The loyalty scheme was working fine until some idiot decided that HSL folk should get 100 points. That's when it all went to pot with folk moaning. Points worked just fine. Then you know how many folk can get tickets and there is no rush. Works perfectly well for Scotland away games. Only we could make a mess of it.

There was more issues than that for me. We gave HSL points, we gave too many points for games with limited tickets, we didn’t have enough waves so you had one elite group and the rest in one big bundle after that.

We made it far too complex, all it needs is a set amount of points for a season ticket, a set amount for walk up, and a set amount for big games/wee games away from home.

Hibeewilly
12-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Yes, I like everyone else think loyalty points need re-introduced but how can people be moaning at Leann sending people home just because it's an improvised decision. Making the best out a bad situation by sending them home.:top marks

Scouse Hibee
12-12-2017, 06:52 PM
Never done that for rangers they handed the vouchers out an hour before the tickets went on sale

Told you, folk have gone home with vouchers, correct decision made.

Sioux
12-12-2017, 06:57 PM
A major point about introducing a points system is that it will be unfair on walk up fans. Say a points system is put in place for the start of next season. Season ticket purchasers will automatically be at the top of the queue. Walk up fans will never be able to accumulate sufficient points throughout the season to compete with ST holders. ID ST points are carried forward and added to the following season's point, it will be two years before any walk up fan could get a ticket for a priority game, but only if points foe season one drop off.

We'll then get folk moaning that walk ups should lose their first year entitlement as well.

Year 1
Season ticket = 180 points at start of season
Walk up = 10 points per game = 180 (say 18 games) at end of season

Year 2
Season ticket = 180 points at start of season + PY 180 = 360 at start of season
Walk up = 10 points per game = 180 (say 18 games) + PY 180 = 360 at end of season

So for two seasons a walk up will not have sufficient points for priority away games.

In year 3 if ST point earned in year 1 drop off, all fans will end up with 360 points. But if they don't...................

Obviously purchase of away tickets will increase the number of points earned but that's not relevant for the illustration.

Its all very well screaming for an uber fan club, but not that simple to implement when taking account of the above, and I'm sure there are many more anomalies which I can't be bothered pursuing them.

As far as a ballot is concerned, that cant work properly. If 10,000 fans want tickets for tynecastle as an example, one in three will be successful. There's no guarantee that one of your mates, or whoever you regularly attend with, will also be successful. How many folks really want to go on their own?

Just some thoughts.

GreenCastle
12-12-2017, 06:59 PM
The Q at the stadium is now closed

Ahhh - could have turned up and got a voucher and not had to Q

Glad they don’t have to stay overnight but going by this thread - ticket sales for the big games need looked at.

Should be online / ballot only / membership scheme next season.

erin go bragh
12-12-2017, 07:04 PM
A major point about introducing a points system is that it will be unfair on walk up fans. Say a points system is put in place for the start of next season. Season ticket purchasers will automatically be at the top of the queue. Walk up fans will never be able to accumulate sufficient points throughout the season to compete with ST holders. ID ST points are carried forward and added to the following season's point, it will be two years before any walk up fan could get a ticket for a priority game, but only if points foe season one drop off.

We'll then get folk moaning that walk ups should lose their first year entitlement as well.

Year 1
Season ticket = 180 points at start of season
Walk up = 10 points per game = 180 (say 18 games) at end of season

Year 2
Season ticket = 180 points at start of season + PY 180 = 360 at start of season
Walk up = 10 points per game = 180 (say 18 games) + PY 180 = 360 at end of season

So for two seasons a walk up will not have sufficient points for priority away games.

In year 3 if ST point earned in year 1 drop off, all fans will end up with 360 points. But if they don't...................

Obviously purchase of away tickets will increase the number of points earned but that's not relevant for the illustration.

Its all very well screaming for an uber fan club, but not that simple to implement when taking account of the above, and I'm sure there are many more anomalies which I can't be bothered pursuing them.

As far as a ballot is concerned, that cant work properly. If 10,000 fans want tickets for tynecastle as an example, one in three will be successful. There's no guarantee that one of your mates, or whoever you regularly attend with, will also be successful. How many folks really want to go on their own?

Just some thoughts.
Regarding your last point . I went to the PBS on my own for the 2-0 cup game that they flicked up . As I was the only one with enough loyalty points . One of the best games I've been it . So I'd say a ballot is th fairest way if we're not using loyalty points .

mcohibs
12-12-2017, 07:05 PM

Absolutely but what would have happened if the 400 ticket allowance wasn't reached in the queue until 11pm tonight? Or 2am tomorrow morning. Would LD still be kicking about with vouchers at that time and sending people home? Right decision taken tonight in sending folk home but it is a valid point that they are making the whole thing up as they go along.

3pm
12-12-2017, 07:09 PM
Told you, folk have gone home with vouchers, correct decision made.

I would have went down at 4 if I knew that was happening.

bigwheel
12-12-2017, 07:12 PM

Well they have set a precedent now... people will queue up looking for a voucher rather than an overnight wait..

hibbysam
12-12-2017, 07:14 PM
Well they have set a precedent now... people will queue up looking for a voucher rather than an overnight wait..

I think it’s safe to say there will not be anymore queuing up if Leeann is at the club.

bigwheel
12-12-2017, 07:16 PM
I think it’s safe to say there will not be anymore queuing up if Leeann is at the club.

What makes you say that? She has led a ticketing approach that does exactly that recently....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hibbysam
12-12-2017, 07:21 PM
What makes you say that? She has led a ticketing approach that does exactly that recently....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She reluctantly done it for this game going by the statements, never done it for ibrox or Celtic Park, and after sending people Home to come back I highly doubt she will be so forgiving to the few voices the next time.

bigwheel
12-12-2017, 07:24 PM
She reluctantly done it for this game going by the statements, never done it for ibrox or Celtic Park, and after sending people Home to come back I highly doubt she will be so forgiving to the few voices the next time.

It’s not the first time she has done it...poor call...she will need to come up with a better plan for future games ...

Billy Whizz
12-12-2017, 07:24 PM

Hibs have a lot of older fans who maybe don’t use things like PC’s/tablets
I see them at most away games and under 20’s games. How do you accommodate them

Leith Green
12-12-2017, 07:31 PM

The club have got to move with the times.. should we still have tickets available for people to queue in say 30 years time? Where do they draw the line?? The club should reinstate loyalty points based purely on season tickets and away attendance its really not that difficult to manage if they set it up correctly.

HappyAsHellas
12-12-2017, 07:32 PM

Loyalty scheme?

hibbysam
12-12-2017, 07:38 PM

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong but she stopped it for Celtic and Rangers games, and can see her doing the same for hearts when we have folk queuing at 4pm the day before in sub zero temperatures.

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Postal applications into a ballot for all season ticket holders, simple. :thumbsup:

Nakedmanoncrack
12-12-2017, 07:47 PM

Do we, a bigger percentage than any other club?
You know the ones who dont make such a pig's ear of something so simple.

Pretty Boy
12-12-2017, 08:07 PM

Indeed. I went down at 1am and stood freezing all night for Hearts tickets last year.

I only decided against queuing tonight because I d8dn’t fancy that again. Had I known I could have went down tonight on the way home from work, grabbed a voucher and had a night in my bed I would have done so.

I’ve generally been lucky with tickets I’ve wanted but it’s something Hibs need to sort and be consistent and transparent with it. As it is we have people queuing all night then not queuing all night, some supporters clubs with deals and others without, tickets only available online then available both online and at the ticket office. It’s just a bit all over the place and fuels the reaction you see on days like today.it really shouldn’t be rocket science.

Scouse Hibee
12-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Surely the vouchers will be handed out in the morning? Otherwise the ticket office would need to stay open tonight until there are 400 tickets in the queue? That could be 11pm tonight or it could be 3am tomorrow...

You really thought they would allow folk to stay out all night in these freezing temperatures when they knew they only had 400 tickets? Finally the club made a great common sense decision.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Postal applications into a ballot for all season ticket holders, simple. :thumbsup:

Too much admin.

Scouse Hibee
12-12-2017, 09:46 PM
Random lottery of ST ref numbers it's that simple.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2017, 09:49 PM
Random lottery of ST ref numbers it's that simple.

Not everyone wants to be in the ballot so there’d be admin involved - not possible.

GreenCastle
12-12-2017, 10:07 PM
Surely they could design the online system with a check box for every away game.

If you want into the ballot for that game you then check that tick box online - you are then entered into the draw and are notified by email if successful ? 24 hours to accept before someone on waiting list is notified ?

Would be good to get examples of successful away club schemes - a newcastle friend hates their loyalty scheme as near impossible to get an away ticket as rich get richer by going to all away games and he can’t catch up as can never get points as others keep adding to theirs.

wookie70
12-12-2017, 10:10 PM
I wonder if the club will have the brass neck to do a hospitality scheme for the game just to rub the final bit of salt in. The queuing debacle is probably Leeann trying to do our best by fans to let them queue and then doing her best to stop them freezing. However, it looks dodgy to me as it is a very easy way to get tickets to a fairly large group of people with minimum effort required and little or no challenge. Maybe to supporters buses or to other groups. It more than likely isn't but it looks very poor.

I get the feeling the full review will be the same as we had today with no queuing and little or no consultation with fans. Leeann has been wonderful for the club but she has made a complete pigs ear of priority ticketing for big games and she needs to get it sorted. If there wasn't such a big cup game coming up then I would say do as full a consultation as possible but this needs addressed, even temporarily, before the Cup Game at Tiny. It is as simple as looking at what the other clubs do and picking the best scheme.

hibbysam
12-12-2017, 10:10 PM
Not everyone wants to be in the ballot so there’d be admin involved - not possible.

Max 6 times a season... I’m more than sure they could have volunteers or pull in extra staff for those occasions. Regardless of how we manage them there is going to be admin.

Eyrie
12-12-2017, 10:12 PM
Surely they could design the online system with a check box for every away game.

If you want into the ballot for that game you then check that tick box online - you are then entered into the draw and are notified by email if successful ? 24 hours to accept before someone on waiting list is notified ?

Would be good to get examples of successful away club schemes - a newcastle friend hates their loyalty scheme as near impossible to get an away ticket as rich get richer by going to all away games and he can’t catch up as can never get points as others keep adding to theirs.

That could be countered by only awarding points for away games which don't sell out, and by limiting the points to the current and previous season only.

davhibby
12-12-2017, 10:18 PM
After the break 3 of our first 4 away games are Ibrox, Celtic Park and Tynecastle so we've got a lot of this to look forward to in the next month or so

Scouse Hibee
12-12-2017, 10:38 PM

Of course it's possible!
It's the simplest and fairest way, and was being used in England more than twenty yests ago. If you don't want the ticket you don't collect it, another draw then takes place for the balance.

wookie70
12-12-2017, 10:50 PM
Make a ballot scheme subscription based if costs need to be covered. If you are interested then buy a membership or similar. Admin would be the worst excuse in the world given we have board members making cups of tea for those queuing for some matches and CEOs handing out vouchers. Just be honest with fans and come up with something that makes some sense and doesn't cost the earth. Make abusing ticket staff a ban from the ground while you are at it.

Swedish hibee
13-12-2017, 02:02 AM
Just finished reading this.. What a farce for you all.

Kojock
13-12-2017, 05:44 AM
That could be countered by only awarding points for away games which don't sell out, and by limiting the points to the current and previous season only.

Award points for all away games except Hear7s and Rantic games. After two or three years, year one points drop off.
Surely it wouldn't be difficult to contact other clubs and find out how their systems work. However Leeann appears adamant that no loyalty scheme will be reintroduced.
If Hibs hadn't made such a cock up of the original scheme, I'm quite sure we would have something in place by now that worked.

Danderhall Hibs
13-12-2017, 05:50 AM
Of course it's possible!
It's the simplest and fairest way, and was being used in England more than twenty yests ago. If you don't want the ticket you don't collect it, another draw then takes place for the balance.

Sounds like too much work for the TO staff. Money better spent on the playing squad.

Scouse Hibee
13-12-2017, 06:04 AM
Sounds like too much work for the TO staff. Money better spent on the playing squad.

Tired worn out respsonse to far too many things.

The Spaceman
13-12-2017, 06:39 AM
Got my ticket :thumbsup:

Do believe a loyalty point system should be reintroduced...clear rules of 2 points for a home game, 1 for away, refreshes every 3 years to enable younger/newer fans the chance to break through for the big games. It is the only fair way...they completely ******ed the last one by allowing HSL loyalty points too, has to be attendance based only.

HibeeHibernian4
13-12-2017, 07:04 AM
Got my ticket :thumbsup:

Do believe a loyalty point system should be reintroduced...clear rules of 2 points for a home game, 1 for away.

Literally just copy Hearts' and we'll be fine.

Barney McGrew
13-12-2017, 07:38 AM
A ballot would be nonsense, those who follow the team religiously home and away every week should be getting priority for tickets over twice a year day trippers that come out the wood for derbies.

Hermit Crab
13-12-2017, 07:49 AM
A ballot would be nonsense, those who follow the team religiously home and away every week should be getting priority for tickets over twice a year day trippers that come out the wood for derbies.

And what if you go with your kid and they got one in a ballot but you didn't?

Barney McGrew
13-12-2017, 07:56 AM

That's my point......there shouldn't be a ballot, there should be a loyalty scheme and those that always go will get tickets.

Leeann gets a lot of things right but I can't understand why she is digging her heels in so much on reintroducing one

Hermit Crab
13-12-2017, 07:58 AM
That's my point......there shouldn't be a ballot, there should be a loyalty scheme.

Leeann gets a lot of things right but I can't understand why she is digging her heels in so much on reintroducing one

I can only think its cost and man power related.

Barney McGrew
13-12-2017, 08:03 AM
I can only think its cost and man power related.

I'm not sure it is.

She got a bit spikey talking about it at the AGM, and her reasoning seemed to be that it would mean the same people would always get tickets to games....I don't see the issue with that if they are always following the team every week anyway!

Hermit Crab
13-12-2017, 08:08 AM
I'm not sure it is.

She got a bit spikey talking about it at the AGM, and her reasoning seemed to be that it would mean the same people would always get tickets to games....I don't see the issue with that if they are always following the team every week anyway!

Thats the whole point! Those that go every week deserve the first shot at tickets. See yesterdays farce, you can bet your house theres a lot of people going who have not been to an away match this season!

Hiber-nation
13-12-2017, 08:14 AM
Thats the whole point! Those that go every week deserve the first shot at tickets. See yesterdays farce, you can bet your house theres a lot of people going who have not been to an away match this season!

No doubt about it. I've fired off an email to the club now I've had time to calm down.

jeffers
13-12-2017, 08:18 AM
I'm not sure it is.

Yup that was my take on it too, she felt it would become a closed shop as the same fans would be getting tickets for all the in demand games and accordingly points for these games so other fans would never be able to catch up. Which of course would be easily avoided if points were not awarded for Hearts, Celtic and Rangers away. She also stated that the number of away season tickets offered took (more or less) into account the number of fans who attended all the away games.

I don't agree with LD's stance on the loyalty points scheme but I can see where she is coming from. She wants as many season ticket holders as possible and when some fans are threatening not to renew if their ticket doesn't allow them the chance of a ticket for Hearts away she is obviously taking that on board. Lets face it, I highly doubt anyone is contacting her threatening not to renew their season ticket if we don't reintroduce a loyalty scheme.

jeffers
13-12-2017, 08:25 AM

LD's argument will be if fans go every week then they will\should have bought the away season ticket and tbf I would agree with her there. My issue is that the fans who attend the majority of away games but can't make them all are then lumped in to the same category as season ticket holders who have never been to an away match in years. I know someone will point out that Hibs don't benefit financially from fans attending away matches, but I'm sure if you ask any of the players a noisy away support is appreciated by them.

Scouse Hibee
13-12-2017, 08:32 AM

Pretty simple really is it not?

green&left
13-12-2017, 08:44 AM
Yup that was my take on it too, she felt it would become a closed shop as the same fans would be getting tickets for all the in demand games and accordingly points for these games so other fans would never be able to catch up. Which of course would be easily avoided if points were not awarded for Hearts, Celtic and Rangers away. She also stated that the number of away season tickets offered took (more or less) into account the number of fans who attended all the away games.

I don't agree with LD's stance on the loyalty points scheme but I can see where she is coming from. She wants as many season ticket holders as possible and when some fans are threatening not to renew if their ticket doesn't allow them the chance of a ticket for Hearts away she is obviously taking that on board. Lets face it, I highly doubt anyone is contacting her threatening not to renew their season ticket if we don't reintroduce a loyalty scheme.

The first point, we sellout 3 away games a a season. Check out our support at Dingwall, Aberdeen, that Wednesday night game at Rugby Park last month. All had or will have under a thousand Hibby's. Dundee and Motherwell away the stands were half full, Hamilton there was 1000 spare seats. Plenty opportunities to grab some points. They could also split the allocation. 60% of an allocation go to the top attenders then the remaining 40% go to ST holders for ballot, online que or whatever.

I've missed Celtic away this season (Holiday), Morton away last season (Holiday) and QotS away season before that (Holiday) - that's pretty much the running theme for the last 10 years, will miss 1 or 2 max away games a season as i've booked a holiday or weekend away or whatever and yet i didn't get a sniff at a ticket yesterday.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2017, 08:49 AM
Too much admin.

Nonsense, the club deal with admin every day. For the 6 times a season we play away games at ibrox parkhead and tiny, they would just have do deal with a bit more.

Not every season ticket holder wants to go to these games, anyone that does just sends an email or predetermined way to a club address, its then all put in a ballot and drawn out.

A lot easier than you seem to think.

C Feeney-Seale
13-12-2017, 08:52 AM
I wonder if the club will have the brass neck to do a hospitality scheme for the game just to rub the final bit of salt in. The queuing debacle is probably Leeann trying to do our best by fans to let them queue and then doing her best to stop them freezing. However, it looks dodgy to me as it is a very easy way to get tickets to a fairly large group of people with minimum effort required and little or no challenge. Maybe to supporters buses or to other groups. It more than likely isn't but it looks very poor.

I get the feeling the full review will be the same as we had today with no queuing and little or no consultation with fans. Leeann has been wonderful for the club but she has made a complete pigs ear of priority ticketing for big games and she needs to get it sorted. If there wasn't such a big cup game coming up then I would say do as full a consultation as possible but this needs addressed, even temporarily, before the Cup Game at Tiny. It is as simple as looking at what the other clubs do and picking the best scheme.

I'm really interested in the hospitality issue as there is someone advertising that he has hospitality for the game to sell on Facebook and now wants £135 per ticket - I haven't seen anything on hospitality mentioned by the club? :confused::confused:

Danderhall Hibs
13-12-2017, 09:42 AM
Nonsense, the club deal with admin every day. For the 6 times a season we play away games at ibrox parkhead and tiny, they would just have do deal with a bit more.

Not every season ticket holder wants to go to these games, anyone that does just sends an email or predetermined way to a club address, its then all put in a ballot and drawn out.

A lot easier than you seem to think.

This would be additional admin though. An automated loyalty points system would probably be less admin than a ballot.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2017, 10:03 AM
This would be additional admin though. An automated loyalty points system would probably be less admin than a ballot.

:confused: I think it would be less admin.

Its easy this game of guessing.

Danderhall Hibs
13-12-2017, 10:24 AM

An automated system will be less than manual handling. No guessing required in my hypothetical example.

Kojock
13-12-2017, 10:25 AM
LD's argument will be if fans go every week then they will\should have bought the away season ticket and tbf I would agree with her there. My issue is that the fans who attend the majority of away games but can't make them all are then lumped in to the same category as season ticket holders who have never been to an away match in years. I know someone will point out that Hibs don't benefit financially from fans attending away matches, but I'm sure if you ask any of the players a noisy away support is appreciated by them.

The AST has a ceiling of 350 members, given the problems obtaining tickets there is no doubt that ceiling point will be reached next season. We now have an exclusive group that nobody can join unless someone leaves. At the end of the day it's the board not Leeann that will ultimately decide if a loyalty scheme is reintroduced and the only way that can be done is for fans to put pressure on them.

HibeeHibernian4
13-12-2017, 10:26 AM
I'm not sure it is.

Exactly, and it's not a closed shop either! There are at least 1000 tickets still on sale for Pittodrie right now, if we had a loyalty points scheme in place, people could come and back the team in one of the biggest matches of the season so far AND increase their chances of tickets for Tynecastle, Ibrox and Parkhead.

Albanian Hibs
13-12-2017, 10:28 AM
Why should I go into a ballot when I go to every away game? There would be a chance I would miss out.

CallumLaidlaw
13-12-2017, 10:30 AM
I understand her point about not wanting to lose value of a season ticket. On another thread discussing possible loyalty points scheme, I suggested points accrued for all games except the "big 3", and then for every game, the tickets could be split into 2 or 3 tranches. Tranche 1 - Highest of points to cover 30% of the available tickets. . Tranche 2 - next highest points to cover another 30% of tickets. Tranche 3 - Open to season ticket holders for the 40% of tickets left plus any unsold from other 2 tranches. This would mean that season ticket holders would always get a shot at the in demand games meaning no loss of value to the season ticket.

Billy Whizz
13-12-2017, 10:34 AM

Much easier to allow the top 1.000 fans with loyalty point’s to get tickets for Ibrox/Parkhead, than to put 13,000 fans in a ballot for just 1,000 tickets. Just bizarre

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2017, 10:36 AM
An automated system will be less than manual handling. No guessing required in my hypothetical example.

We already have people who work in the ticket office, it's just another duty they would need to do. No extra expense.

And if it was an automated ballot as suggested, then less handling too.

HibeeHibernian4
13-12-2017, 10:39 AM
I understand her point about not wanting to lose value of a season ticket.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you buy a season ticket, where does it say that "this also gives you a chance at away games even if you never bother going until it's a good away game"?

Billy Whizz
13-12-2017, 10:41 AM
We already have people who work in the ticket office, it's just another duty they would need to do. No extra expense.

But why do we need to ballot 13,000 for 1,000 tickets, just crazy

Pretty Boy
13-12-2017, 10:45 AM
I understand her point about not wanting to lose value of a season ticket. On another thread discussing possible loyalty points scheme, I suggested points accrued for all games except the "big 3", and then for every game, the tickets could be split into 2 or 3 tranches. Tranche 1 - Highest of points to cover 30% of the available tickets. . Tranche 2 - next highest points to cover another 30% of tickets. Tranche 3 - Open to season ticket holders for the 40% of tickets left plus any unsold from other 2 tranches. This would mean that season ticket holders would always get a shot at the in demand games meaning no loss of value to the season ticket.

Our regular away support is about 400. That's just over 10% of tickets for Tynecastle and only slightly more than the current number of AST holders. It would be easily workable that ST holders still had a shot at about 50% of tickets whilst looking after the regular and semi regular away travelers. It would also look after regular walk ups when semi finals and finals come around. Keep points for attending games only (and give to HTV subscribers who live abroad as that is their ST) as opposed to for buying pies opr a bar of chocolate from the shop or anything else.

The issue that has been raised of people racing ahead with points is easily overcome if after 3 years the 1st years points drop off and then every year a subsequent years points drop off. That keeps those who are still attending home and away regularly at the front of the queue but reflects the current situation and any change in someones circumstances so that moving between groups is achievable.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2017, 10:54 AM
But why do we need to ballot 13,000 for 1,000 tickets, just crazy

Not all 13,000 want to go to Ibrox, its maybe only 1500-2000 tops, only recently we couldn't sell 900. You apply for the tickets if you are a season ticket holder, then there is a ballot.

Ralphy C
13-12-2017, 10:57 AM
That's my point......there shouldn't be a ballot, there should be a loyalty scheme and those that always go will get tickets.

Because a few folk threatened to throw their toys oot the pram and not renew STs and she bought it.

Billy Whizz
13-12-2017, 11:04 AM
Not all 13,000 want to go to Ibrox, its maybe only 1500-2000 tops, only recently we couldn't sell 900. You apply for the tickets if you are a season ticket holder, then there is a ballot.

So give them to the ones that go most weeks then, rather the ones who only want to go, because it’s Ibrox, Parkhead or Tynie
A new loyalty scheme would boost our away support levels, as more fans will boost their chances of a ticket for these games
The amount of texts I got yesterday, from fans who I see at most away games or development games, who didn’t get tickets, is shocking. Yet I know some fans could be attending their 1st away game of the season
Not many businesses would treat their customer base like this

hibbysam
13-12-2017, 11:10 AM
So give them to the ones that go most weeks then, rather the ones who only want to go, because it’s Ibrox, Parkhead or Tynie
A new loyalty scheme would boost our away support levels, as more fans will boost their chances of a ticket for these games
The amount of texts I got yesterday, from fans who I see at most away games or development games, who didn’t get tickets, is shocking. Yet I know some fans could be attending their 1st away game of the season

I agree billy that a loyalty points system is best but my idea of a ballot if. If Leeann still won’t budge from her stance on it. I’d rather go into a ballot than face the chaos that is our ticketing system just now. But of course the loyalty points is far and away my preferred option.

Geo_1875
13-12-2017, 11:25 AM
People talking about loyalty schemes working at other clubs, especially down South, are talking nonsense.

Clubs in the EPL are limiting away tickets for popular games and it is the same people who get those tickets.

At West Ham they tried to introduce a ballot among ST holders for 20% of available tickets but knocked that on the head when Spuds cut the allocation to under 3,000.

ST holders would have a chance of a ticket at Newcastle or a midweek cup-tie at Leeds or Sheffield.

The rest of the time you have no way to get one. Can't get a ticket so can't get any points.

As for the away season ticket, buy one and if you can't go resell to your ticket. It's not hard.

Barney McGrew
13-12-2017, 11:26 AM
Because a few folk threatened to throw their toys oot the pram and not renew STs and she bought it.

And instead we're pissing off a large number of folk who support the team at every game. Mental.

lucky
13-12-2017, 11:30 AM

I agree with Ronnie on this, this is a first.

Argylehibby
13-12-2017, 11:31 AM

I've been banging the same drum since the club first suggested doing away with the scheme but I would change your model to a set percentage of the tickets to the highest point holders and then the 2nd tranche set at season ticket level. It is no different to the current scheme other than the fact that the there is more flexibility and unlike the Away Season Ticket scheme everyone has the opportunity to get into that first tranche. Those that say they wont renew their season if its reintroduced will still have the opportunity to get a ticket for the big games and only slightly less of an opportunity than they do now so hopefully wouldn't follow through with their threat.

Simple communication from the club stating how to create your network and allocate their ticket purchases to them. It ends with the following rules.

1. Each individual is responsible for managing their own points, allocating to those in your network. Purchases from the pods will result in no points and they will not be credited later.
2. No correspondence will be entered into and no claims for missing points will be entertained.
3. Any abuse of our staff will see your season ticket removed for a month, 2nd offence 3 months third offence life. If you're moaning at them about points they know who you are.

I spoke at length with Leanne at the AGM and she is adamant that they will not be re-introduced until the number of people attending away games out with the obvious ones increases. She fails to see the irony in that. The issue is that there are a relative few who attend all but a few games a season and that's why the loyalty scheme is needed now. If the figure she quoted at the AGM is correct and those regular attendees are under 750 then surely that is the group that should be looked after. All 750 should be sorted for Tynecastle down to 400 or so for Ibrox leaving season ticket holders the opportunity to get the rest. Bearing in mind the comments about fans travelling on official supporters busses getting tickets reserved for them there would potentially be more tickets available with the format that we propose.

Geo_1875
13-12-2017, 11:36 AM
I've been banging the same drum since the club first suggested doing away with the scheme but I would change your model to a set percentage of the tickets to the highest point holders and then the 2nd tranche set at season ticket level. It is no different to the current scheme other than the fact that the there is more flexibility and unlike the Away Season Ticket scheme everyone has the opportunity to get into that first tranche. Those that say they wont renew their season if its reintroduced will still have the opportunity to get a ticket for the big games and only slightly less of an opportunity than they do now so hopefully wouldn't follow through with their threat.

Simple communication from the club stating how to create your network and allocate their ticket purchases to them. It ends with the following rules.

1. Each individual is responsible for managing their own points, allocating to those in your network. Purchases from the pods will result in no points and they will not be credited later.
2. No correspondence will be entered into and no claims for missing points will be entertained.
3. Any abuse of our staff will see your season ticket removed for a month, 2nd offence 3 months third offence life. If you're moaning at them about points they know who you are.

I spoke at length with Leanne at the AGM and she is adamant that they will not be re-introduced until the number of people attending away games out with the obvious ones increases. She fails to see the irony in that. The issue is that there are a relative few who attend all but a few games a season and that's why the loyalty scheme is needed now. If the figure she quoted at the AGM is correct and those regular attendees are under 750 then surely that is the group that should be looked after. All 750 should be sorted for Tynecastle down to 400 or so for Ibrox leaving season ticket holders the opportunity to get the rest. Bearing in mind the comments about fans travelling on official supporters busses getting tickets reserved for them there would potentially be more tickets available with the format that we propose.

So how do you decide which 400 of the 750 regular travellers get tickets for Ibrox?

Argylehibby
13-12-2017, 11:37 AM

People wouldn't have waited to see if they got tickets online though they would have queued earlier and either tried to get them online while in the queue or had someone in their group trying online while they waited in line. The queue started at 1pm yesterday for the 400 that were available from 10 am today.

Barney McGrew
13-12-2017, 11:42 AM

And the other irony is that the club has been 'sorting out' certain groups in advance of tickets being available to season ticket holders, and yet they removed the Loyalty Points system partly because they didn't want to limit ticket sales for the likes of Ibrox and Parkhead to the same group of people.

Hypocrisy, pure and simple.

Argylehibby
13-12-2017, 11:45 AM
So how do you decide which 400 of the 750 regular travellers get tickets for Ibrox?

Those with the most points. There will always be a cut off and some will lose out. If 200 points accounts for 420 people and 201 = 350 the club chooses where the cut off is. That may mean people who have only missed say 4 games dip out but it still means the people that go most often get first dibs. Ibrox is the problem one as we get many more tickets for the other 2 grounds and the cut off can be lower accommodating everyone in the 750.

Hibby70
13-12-2017, 11:48 AM
Until all of the issues get resolved (if ever) I think we'll see a ballot for tickets for these games now.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2017, 11:54 AM

I disagree, you look after those who put the money into our club first, not the clubs of others. This is a pointless argument, as those who think one way will never agree with those who think the other.

Kojock
13-12-2017, 12:04 PM
Someone who has bought their first ever half season ticket has the same right as every other ST holder for the Hear7s cup game. Aye??

Albanian Hibs
13-12-2017, 12:13 PM
So I wonder how many of us who travel to all away games and dont have an away season ticket have missed out on a ticket?

ronaldo7
13-12-2017, 12:14 PM
I agree with Ronnie on this, this is a first.

Happy Christmas. 🎅😊

Danderhall Hibs
13-12-2017, 12:18 PM

If you give them more work they’ll need more people to do it or something else won’t get done.

macca70
13-12-2017, 12:18 PM

So if we have 750 at max loyalty points then clearly it has to be a ballot or free for all online.

andybev1
13-12-2017, 12:19 PM
Is it not possible to find a team around the same size as ours, not necesarily in scotland, one where the ticketing system for away games works well and putting a focus group together (or maybe just our supporters reps?) to contact that clubs supporters groups so as to learn from them and what does not work.

CentreLine
13-12-2017, 12:36 PM
And the other irony is that the club has been 'sorting out' certain groups in advance of tickets being available to season ticket holders, and yet they removed the Loyalty Points system partly because they didn't want to limit ticket sales for the likes of Ibrox and Parkhead to the same group of people.

Hypocrisy, pure and simple.

As an Admin you should know better :rules:
Without meaning to sound like fat Ally, who are these people and how many tickets do you think they have received? We have yet to see any evidence that any group have received unwarranted treatment. But let's add fuel to the fire and make this a .net fact

We have seen it suggested that a supporters club may have obtained tickets but no evidence, just a trial by social media. An East Lothian Witchhunt :halowitch:
We have seen it suggested that our singing section have been looked after. Based solely on the fact that they seem to get tickets together. :nlgwa

Both instances could be easily explained if they are AST holders. Perhaps you know different but, if you do, I feel it is time the evidence was put on the table

Leith Green
13-12-2017, 12:55 PM
This really isnt as difficult as some folk would have you believe. Hibs should run a ballot system for the remainder of this season at which point a loyalty scheme should kick in. All it needs to cover is a set rolling period. Award 100 points for a season book , 5 points for every home game for non season book holder , 10 points per away game , 10 points for cup games ..

Then look at the allocation of tickets before deciding where is the cut off point for points , then sell the tickets , its not even difficult.

HibeeHibernian4
13-12-2017, 12:56 PM
Is it not possible to find a team around the same size as ours, not necesarily in scotland, one where the ticketing system for away games works well and putting a focus group together (or maybe just our supporters reps?) to contact that clubs supporters groups so as to learn from them and what does not work.

As I have said numerous times on this thread already, Hearts.

They have a system in place that none of their fans complain about. You need 60 points for Easter Road and you only have 59? Tough break. That's how simple it could be.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2017, 12:57 PM
If you give them more work they’ll need more people to do it or something else won’t get done.

Are they working to capacity now?

Leith Green
13-12-2017, 01:01 PM

They have a system in place that none of their fans complain about. You need 60 points for Easter Road and you only have 59? Tough break. That's how simple it could be.

Exactly .. If people know that they dont stand a chance of getting a ticket because they havent accrued enough loyalty point then it nips things in the bud. Yesterday was an absolute shambles and needs sorted. Base the system purely on attendance (no hsl points) and over a rolling term .. Nobody can complain about not getting tickets this way

easty
13-12-2017, 01:03 PM
Exactly .. If people know that they dont stand a chance of getting a ticket because they havent accrued enough loyalty point then it nips things in the bud. Yesterday was an absolute shambles and needs sorted. Base the system purely on attendance (no hsl points) and over a rolling term .. Nobody can complain about not getting tickets this way

want to bet? :greengrin

Leith Green
13-12-2017, 01:04 PM
Season ticket should be top for points , then a pay at the gate fan should work out just short of that tally if they attend all home games. Award equal points for every away game and cup games too on top of this.

Leith Green
13-12-2017, 01:05 PM
want to bet? :greengrin

I should have added justifiably 😁

Ralphy C
13-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Season ticket should be top for points , then a pay at the gate fan should work out just short of that tally if they attend all home games. Award equal points for every away game and cup games too on top of this.
Thats what we had is it not?

lucky
13-12-2017, 01:18 PM
LD has been outstanding for our club but the ticket distribution for the big games needs looked at. As for handing out vouchers and sending people home last night 15 hours before tickets go on sale will cause carnage for the cup game. Loads will head down in the afternoon knowing that they might not have to queue up overnight. Time for a full discussion with supporters on whether there should be a new system for distribution of tickets.

Danderhall Hibs
13-12-2017, 01:19 PM
Are they working to capacity now?

Yes.

CMurdoch
13-12-2017, 01:23 PM

It really isn't hard is it.
It is all about fairness.
I go to very few away games and see it as fair that those who do, get the away tickets for the matches against Hearts, Celtic and Rangers.
My season ticket entitles me to go to all home league games, nothing more.

Our full allocation for the Hearts game is purchased so the team will get the full support possible.
The rest of us can watch the match live on TV in the warmth of our homes or in a boozer with our mates with the compensation of £30 of beer vouchers in your tail.
Caveat - I am less chilled about missing out if the game is not live on TV.

hibbysam
13-12-2017, 01:27 PM
As an Admin you should know better :rules:
Without meaning to sound like fat Ally, who are these people and how many tickets do you think they have received? We have yet to see any evidence that any group have received unwarranted treatment. But let's add fuel to the fire and make this a .net fact

We have seen it suggested that a supporters club may have obtained tickets but no evidence, just a trial by social media. An East Lothian Witchhunt :halowitch:
We have seen it suggested that our singing section have been looked after. Based solely on the fact that they seem to get tickets together. :nlgwa

Both instances could be easily explained if they are AST holders. Perhaps you know different but, if you do, I feel it is time the evidence was put on the table

If ‘Since1875’ are down the front behind the goals at the Derby then it’s clear that they are getting tickets in another way other than AST. Club confirmed that AST holders are all in the upper section.

Also, the fact ELHSC haven’t came on and advised how they could tell members before tickets went on sale if they are unsuccessful through the supporters club lends itself to a strong argument that there is a special arrangement ongoing. Unless they are psychic and can tell the future?

HibeeHibernian4
13-12-2017, 01:32 PM
It really isn't hard is it.
It is all about fairness.
I go to very few away games and see it as fair that those who do, get the away tickets for the matches against Hearts, Celtic and Rangers.
My season ticket entitles me to go to all home league games, nothing more.

Our full allocation for the Hearts game is purchased so the team will get the full support possible.
The rest of us can watch the match live on TV in the warmth of our homes or in a boozer with our mates with the compensation of £30 of beer vouchers in your tail.
Caveat - I am less chilled about missing out if the game is not live on TV.

:aok: Good on you for this post, but it's worth remembering that we probably have 1,500 supporters max. who've been to more than half the away games this season. So there would still be about 2000 tickets open to Hibs fans who don't get themselves to that many away games!

CallumLaidlaw
13-12-2017, 01:45 PM
If ‘Since1875’ are down the front behind the goals at the Derby then it’s clear that they are getting tickets in another way other than AST. Club confirmed that AST holders are all in the upper section.

Also, the fact ELHSC haven’t came on and advised how they could tell members before tickets went on sale if they are unsuccessful through the supporters club lends itself to a strong argument that there is a special arrangement ongoing. Unless they are psychic and can tell the future?

In fairness, I believe you are allowed to request to sit in a cheaper section if you want when you are an away season ticket holder. That's certainly what happened at Hampden in October.

Geo_1875
13-12-2017, 01:53 PM

But if you award points for games with restricted numbers of tickets the same people get to maximum points and others are unable to catch up.

HibeeHibernian4
13-12-2017, 02:09 PM
But if you award points for games with restricted numbers of tickets the same people get to maximum points and others are unable to catch up.

I don't know if Hearts give a loyalty point for their in demand games, I'm guessing not but I'll find out. ALSO, there are maybe 1,500 fans who actually bother going to most away games. That leaves 2000 tickets for the others in the Roseburn, got to 6 out of 10 away games and you'll be sorted. It's that simple.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2017, 02:09 PM
Yes.

Well something less important will just have to wait.

Onion
13-12-2017, 02:10 PM

Exactly, this is where anomalies start to creep in. No points should be awarded for away games where there was restricted allocation and that allocation was used up - these folk have already had a benefit of the system. (This is no different to using air miles for flights, you don't get more air miles for free flights). If the allocation is not sold out, everyone gets points.

You could also make an argument that concessions, students and kids should not get same points of full STs as they've already benefited from reduced prices. Half STs should get more points than the equivalent no of walk ups, but less than 50% of the full ST - as full ST holders have usually committed their money "blind" and the pre-season funds are more valuable to the club.

Rolling system needs to be reset at some point otherwise same folk get prized tickets every time.

Could also be a case for deducting (or trading in) some points from those who have auto-benefited from the points system eg guaranteed a ticket to a sold out away game, so others with less points have better chance next time.

Leith Green
13-12-2017, 02:11 PM
Thats what we had is it not?

I think more or less , but people were given a large amount of points for joining HSL , which has nothing to do with attending matches. Some people were not happy about that , and were quite right not to be imo. I am an HSL member and benefitted from the loyalty points given out but i just dont see the relevance when its match attendance that is relevant

Hermit Crab
13-12-2017, 02:12 PM
In fairness, I believe you are allowed to request to sit in a cheaper section if you want when you are an away season ticket holder. That's certainly what happened at Hampden in October.

Aye but his came out and said that you could move for that game, As far as I'm aware its not possible to move to the lower with an AST at Tynie

Leith Green
13-12-2017, 02:17 PM
I have to say as well , its about time our board fought harder for more tickets for parkhead and ibrox than the pathetic allocations we currently receive. This would go a long way to help sort out a major ticketing headache for 4 of the 6 games there is a big problem.

We give the old firm 3800 tickets, we should be taking an allocation of 2500 for these games and nothing less

southfieldhibby
13-12-2017, 02:18 PM
Yes.

They're probably working at over capacity. They do a tremendous job I think. Suggesting other less important things could wait is interesting, I wonder what aspect of the job they do could be delayed?