PDA

View Full Version : Wall of noise

maturehibby
08-12-2017, 12:13 PM
Feel we should back the team vocally on Sunday and next Wednesday too with the noise level up to what we give out when we play Hearts .
This helps us play our part and hopefully helps the players to victory .
Also should we lose a goal if possible even raise the noise level higher
GGTHH

Springbank
08-12-2017, 12:17 PM
Feel we should back the team vocally on Sunday and next Wednesday too with the noise level up to what we give out when we play Hearts .
This helps us play our part and hopefully helps the players to victory .
Also should we lose a goal if possible even raise the noise level higher
GGTHH

Including the 3 recent derbies, and the Dundee Utd fixture last Jan, any big crowd under the lights, that is right up for it from PRE-kick off, results in a spooked out opposition and an early goal each time for the Hibees.
Let's make it a trademark

Souter96Mac
08-12-2017, 12:19 PM
Including the 3 recent derbies, and the Dundee Utd fixture last Jan, any big crowd under the lights, that is right up for it from PRE-kick off, results in a spooked out opposition and an early goal each time for the Hibees.
Let's make it a trademark

The team seems to be reacting to when we get the big crowds and sell out. Bring on Sunday

Springbank
08-12-2017, 01:15 PM
The team seems to be reacting to when we get the big crowds and sell out. Bring on Sunday

Agreed! I can't wait!
Efe to score at some stage
:flag:

AZhibee
08-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Will yell as loud as I can from here.

CraigHibee
08-12-2017, 05:22 PM
Agreed! I can't wait!
Efe to score at some stage

The winner would be good 😁

yonder1875
08-12-2017, 06:01 PM

Yep, can't remember the last home game with a big atmosphere that we didn't play well or win.

yonder1875
08-12-2017, 10:48 PM
FAO Since1875 - do you guys have anything planned for the up and coming games? In terms of displays etc.

SChibs
09-12-2017, 06:34 AM
Can guarantee if we beat Celtic their fans will still be noisy and will stay after ft to cheer their team. Hope we can drown them out though

givescotlandfreedom
09-12-2017, 06:56 AM
Can guarantee if we beat Celtic their fans will still be noisy and will stay after ft to cheer their team. Hope we can drown them out though

If the semi was anything to go by their fans will be dull.

Itsnoteasy
09-12-2017, 07:04 AM

They were not very noisy at 2-2 game at Darkheid this season.

Chuck Rhoades
09-12-2017, 08:52 AM
Hopefully the cold, winters day doesnt put people off. This should be up there with one of our matches under floodnights over the past three seasons.

Souter96Mac
09-12-2017, 09:20 AM
They were not very noisy at 2-2 game at Darkheid this season.

They get all this credit, but I think they're all boring

SirDavidsNapper
09-12-2017, 12:51 PM
Yep, can't remember the last home game with a big atmosphere that we didn't play well or win.

This. We always seem to rise to the occasion at Easter Road

IlDiavola
09-12-2017, 01:07 PM
Big team, big noise!!

GreenCastle
10-12-2017, 09:09 AM
Early start and freezing- going to have to make some noise to keep us warm!

Let’s end this run Hibs !!

seanshow
10-12-2017, 03:20 PM
Starting with a negative rant We need more people to join in the singing because for a big game that was piss poor, I'm centre in the east and far too many people are reluctant to join in!

Find your voices for Wednesday :na na:

I thought the team nearly got us a famous victory there, but it was mostly unassisted.

GreenCastle
10-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Starting with a negative rant We need more people to join in the singing because for a big game that was piss poor, I'm centre in the east and far too many people are reluctant to join in!

Find your voices for Wednesday :na na:

I thought the team nearly got us a famous victory there, but it was mostly unassisted.

12.30 kick offs are crap - crowd came alive last 20 mins.

Wednesday night will be very different.

Dunfyhibee
10-12-2017, 05:06 PM
An unpopular opinion I've no doubt but I just don't feel the group in the ff works. I sit in the section next to the singing section and the effort put in by everyone in there is terrific, it's just not the place in the stadium, for people joining in and acoustics to be as loud as it could be. Game against hearts was great but Believe a move back to the east would be brilliant and improve the vocal support tenfold.

Keith_M
10-12-2017, 05:09 PM
An unpopular opinion I've no doubt but I just don't feel the group in the ff works. I sit in the section next to the singing section and the effort put in by everyone in there is terrific, it's just not the place in the stadium, for people joining in and acoustics to be as loud as it could be. Game against hearts was great but Believe a move back to the east would be brilliant and improve the vocal support tenfold.

Actually I think a lot of people share your opinion, myself included.

givescotlandfreedom
10-12-2017, 05:12 PM
Actually I think a lot of people share your opinion, myself included.

Me too

GreenCastle
10-12-2017, 05:13 PM
Did we have 2 drums today ?

1 in east and 1 behind the goals in FF Upper ?

Best place for singing section would be FF lower behind the goals but won’t happen.

Babyshamble
10-12-2017, 05:15 PM
Big mistake to move the singing section.

JohnM1875
10-12-2017, 05:26 PM
Can’t agree enough. Section 43 really worked and got the stadium going. Famous Fuve just doesn’t work. Fair play for trying something though but hopefully this can be rectified next season.

I suppose other sections don’t help though. The west is dreadful for trying to create an atmosphere! I have my season ticket there and at times I’m honestly the only person joining in! The folk next to me probably hate me haha

Keith_M
10-12-2017, 05:29 PM
Can’t agree enough. Section 43 really worked and got the stadium going. Famous Fuve just doesn’t work. Fair play for trying something though but hopefully this can be rectified next season.

I suppose other sections don’t help though. The west is dreadful for trying to create an atmosphere! I have my season ticket there and at times I’m honestly the only person joining in! The folk next to me probably hate me haha

I was in the West today and people joined in the singing in the last 20 minutes but hardly at all before that,

I personally thought the East Stand sounded quite noisy today.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2017, 05:31 PM

I don't think it's unpopular at all. It's been an attempt at trying something different which in itself isn't a bad thing but it hasn't been a success and hopefully everyone involved will accept that and something will be done to rectify it next season.

Smartie
10-12-2017, 05:38 PM
Never mind a Wall of Noise, that was quite a Wall of Stench that the South Stand managed to put together today.

Dunfyhibee
10-12-2017, 05:42 PM
I don't think it's unpopular at all. It's been an attempt at trying something different which in itself isn't a bad thing but it hasn't been a success and hopefully everyone involved will accept that and something will be done to rectify it next season.

Can only agree mate, hope there's a move back but unsure if that will even be possible with season ticket numbers rising so well, again not a bad thing haha🇳🇬

SChibs
10-12-2017, 05:45 PM
Why don't all the people who think the section should move back get together and sit in a section in the east and start stuff there. Having 2 stands going at it would create a good atmosphere

Johnny Clash
10-12-2017, 06:05 PM
Why don't all the people who think the section should move back get to get and sit in a section in the east and start stuff there. Having 2 stands going at it would create a good atmosphere

That’s a good idea and a drum back in section 43 wouldn’t go amiss.

There’s no shortage of effort by the singing section but unfortunately the layout/acoustics are a problem. The singing section location in the eastern corner of the FF upper seems to point away from the East stand towards the West stand. We can barely see (or hear) the singing section from the back of the East stand but we can see the other side of the FF no bother.

cleanyman
10-12-2017, 06:08 PM
Atmosphere was mince today.

The singing section never got going either. Its just not working.

lyonhibs
10-12-2017, 06:26 PM

Agreed. Lots of flag waving and obvious effort by it might as well have been in sign language for all I could hear them in section 43.

That said, I'm of the opinion that the whole stadium has a role to play in generating atmosphere, not just 1 section on its tod.

RoYO!
10-12-2017, 06:27 PM

Yep- and not to take anything away from them as clearly they're trying and are genuinely a credit to the club.

Appears very few extra people in the north get involved. Which is a shame. East is ok at times. At points it was good.

inglisavhibs
10-12-2017, 06:29 PM

Can't agree with that, the last twenty minutes was excellent. Celtic fans who had been so vocal when in front suddenly shut up. It's human nature.

Libby Hibby
10-12-2017, 06:35 PM
Singing Section needs to go back to S43, it served up a much better atmosphere when in the East.

I may be going over old ground but why did it move to the FF upper?

WhileTheChief..
10-12-2017, 06:46 PM
If the FF stand could replicate the noise that the Celtic fans made it would be superb. It would definitely encourage the rest of the stadium to join in.

we are hibs
10-12-2017, 07:15 PM
The atmosphere on Wednesday will be much better due to it being a night game against a side we will be more on the front foot against and creating more chances. It's hard for the fans when we had nothing to get excited about for 70 mins because of Celtic dominating most of the possession

Jones28
10-12-2017, 07:24 PM
Me too

Yepp, today swung it for me, not really noticed it but they felt quite far away today against a noisy away support.

Ringothedog
10-12-2017, 07:59 PM

The noise in the last 20 minutes was fantastic and close to the best I have heard in years. Opinions eh?

itslegaltender
10-12-2017, 09:18 PM
East was quieter today than the Derby which was its loudest this season.

yonder1875
10-12-2017, 09:20 PM

You must have left at 2-0.

GreenCastle
10-12-2017, 09:31 PM
I actually didn’t think the Celtic fans were that loud.

I couldn’t hear a word of a lot of there songs.

The difference was they went 2-0 up and could sing.

We only came alive with 20 mins to go as we didnt have much to sign about before.

Can someone answer my question I asked before ? Did we have 2 drums today ? Front of east and upper north ? Seemed that way?

madhibee_again
10-12-2017, 09:36 PM
When the singing section was in the East 90% of the time it was only them singing. When the singing section has been in the Famous Five 90% of the time it’s only them singing.

I’m really not sure there’s much difference? I think there’s a bit of a rose tinted view to be honest and folk want the East to be the singing stand.

My only maybe negative comment would be the section sing a lot of “new” songs over what may be considered traditional songs which may make it harder for the rest of the ground to work out what’s being sung, and in turn all that’s heard is the drum? That being said the Martin Boyle song is top class and it’s great to have an ever expanding songbook.

No matter what, we’re lucky to have these guys. Keep it up fellas.

RIP
10-12-2017, 10:06 PM
It's a daft discussion because it's based on the false premise that the singing section has moved. For the few hundred of us that regularly stand and sing in S43 I can assure you that's not the case. Many of us have been stood in that area of the ground since the eighties.

All that's happened is that the group Since1875 have started a new section in the North.

The only difference is that when these lads were in S43 they started most of the songs and the rest of us joined in. That doesn't appear to be happening in the Famous Five.

Meanwhile a new group of song starters are developing in S43. There was no drum there today although it is being discussed I believe. The old method of banging on the metal wall at the back has started up again. It will take time, but by next season I think S43 will be back with a vengeance.

murray26
10-12-2017, 10:32 PM
It was really good in the singing section for the last 20 minutes.. a lot of it is performance based.. I like a sing song but can’t do it for 90 minutes ( 😂) I just like standing at the match.. I’ll flit between the singing section and s43

Forever_Green93
10-12-2017, 10:53 PM
Can someone answer my question I asked before ? Did we have 2 drums today ? Front of east and upper north ? Seemed that way?

The other drum belonged to celtics green brigade.

Lancs Harp
10-12-2017, 10:57 PM
"if it wasnt for the Hibees you'd be Huns" did i hear that right?

givescotlandfreedom
10-12-2017, 11:08 PM
"if it wasnt for the Hibees you'd be Huns" did i hear that right?

You did indeed.

Lancs Harp
10-12-2017, 11:11 PM
You did indeed.

Brought a smile to my face but Im not entirely sure that was me hearing the chant or my reaction to the faces of the Celtic fans I was in the pub with. :greengrin

kaimendhibs
10-12-2017, 11:59 PM
If the semi was anything to go by their fans will be dull.They expect to win every game so are boring. Only really hear them for euro defeats, sorry games and for sevco. Would hate to be like them

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

patlowe
11-12-2017, 06:33 AM
The atmosphere on Wednesday will be much better due to it being a night game against a side we will be more on the front foot against and creating more chances. It's hard for the fans when we had nothing to get excited about for 70 mins because of Celtic dominating most of the possession

Said something similar at the game. Against Celtic it is far more difficult to build up the momentum on the park that ordinarily gets the crowd going. Any big tackle, chance etc is invariably followed by Celtic winning back possession and keeping the ball, and the excitement then tends to die down again. When we really got on top in the last 15, the atmosphere was electric.

It was also freezing and lunchtime kick offs are rank.