PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Stokes interview

DavieRoy
07-12-2017, 11:39 PM
Interesting listening to Anthony Stokes interview on Sky Sports. He reckons his ‘issue’ was much of nothing.

It is On Demand via Sky Sports, there is one with Neil Lennon up there too. Good Hibs content.

ivan03
08-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Which is correct it was a total nothing incident to do with a training drill.

SChibs
08-12-2017, 11:09 AM
Someone outside the pub at partick on saturday was trying to claim stokes went in heavy on a youth player and Darren macgregor knocked him out for it. This guy was adamant what is what happened so I dunno how he'll take this news

Hibee87
08-12-2017, 11:13 AM
Someone outside the pub at partick on saturday was trying to claim stokes went in heavy on a youth player and Darren macgregor knocked him out for it. This guy was adamant what is what happened so I dunno how he'll take this news

Off topic kinda but I bumped into Darren McGregor a few months back in xcile. I never realised how big a guy he was. Maybe he worked on the weights during his injuries, but id never noticed how much of a brick **** house he was till he walked past me. If i was stokes and this story is even remotely true id be getting Daz an extra special xmas present this year :greengrin

Brightside
08-12-2017, 11:17 AM
Which is correct it was a total nothing incident to do with a training drill.

Well if Big Daz knocking you off your feet is a nothing incident Im glad i don't have nights out with you.

Captain Trips
08-12-2017, 11:18 AM

Well would DM not also be in trouble then?

Souter96Mac
08-12-2017, 11:20 AM

You go tell Darren off then..

SChibs
08-12-2017, 11:28 AM

I asked the guy that but he kept dodging the question!

Captain Trips
08-12-2017, 12:38 PM
You go tell Darren off then..

I would not need to Lennon would. If Stokes went in on a tackle too heavy and Daz reacted it is actually Daz who has done worse from what was suggested and it would have been both sent home more so Daz.

CRAZYHIBBY
08-12-2017, 12:49 PM

Hes probably talking *****.....really doubt that happened

Jones28
08-12-2017, 01:05 PM
Hes probably talking *****.....really doubt that happened

If DM had knocked Stokes unconscious we would have known about it. Nether of them would be anywhere near the starting 11 at the weekend.

How do people come up with this *****?

CMurdoch
08-12-2017, 01:45 PM
If DM had knocked Stokes unconscious we would have known about it. Nether of them would be anywhere near the starting 11 at the weekend.

How do people come up with this *****?

Agree with this. I have met DM on numerous occasions. A more measured, mature and quality person you could not meet.
Stokes on the other hand .........

IGRIGI
08-12-2017, 01:49 PM
My mate saw the incident too, Stokes tried to hand out a Rock Bottom but DM reversed and followed up a Chokeslam with a Tombstone Piledriver, Stokes was out for the count.

guthrie01
08-12-2017, 01:51 PM
Probably a story which got exaggerated each time it was told

Stokes was a bit too rough with a young player, DM told him off and a disagreement was had. Lennon came in and agreed with DM which upset Stokes.

Or it could all be something totally different, it’s been dealt with so let’s move on.

SChibs
08-12-2017, 02:15 PM
For the record I thought he was talking crap at the time i just thought id share the funny story.

hibbyfraelibby
08-12-2017, 02:18 PM
I heard Stokes ate the last haribo...henious crime

RoxburghHibs
08-12-2017, 03:44 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11159831/anthony-stokes-puts-bust-up-with-hibernian-head-coach-neil-lennon-behind-him-ahead-of-celtic-visit

hughio
08-12-2017, 03:53 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11159831/anthony-stokes-puts-bust-up-with-hibernian-head-coach-neil-lennon-behind-him-ahead-of-celtic-visit

You may say "Its nothing and "Its done and dusted"but you'd better watch it Stokesy#lastchancesalloon.

No one's bigger than the team.

scm70nyd1973
08-12-2017, 07:43 PM
My mate saw the incident too, Stokes tried to hand out a Rock Bottom but DM reversed and followed up a Chokeslam with a Tombstone Piledriver, Stokes was out for the count.

Incorrect - the real story is that Stokes was on fire - DM was in defence and was terrified - he tried to put him out with a fire extinguisher, slipped and accidentally skelped him with it - it is apalling how the real truth gets distorted .

superfurryhibby
08-12-2017, 07:55 PM
Off topic kinda but I bumped into Darren McGregor a few months back in xcile. I never realised how big a guy he was. Maybe he worked on the weights during his injuries, but id never noticed how much of a brick **** house he was till he walked past me. If i was stokes and this story is even remotely true id be getting Daz an extra special xmas present this year :greengrin

Footballers often seem much bigger when up close. Said hello to Mc Ginn the other day. He's no lightweight. Probably around 5'10 and legs like tree trunks. Not so massive on the upper body, but those legs....

As for Stokes and McGregor, players have spats. It happens all the time and has done since the dawn of (football) time. If they had a square go there would only be one winner and I'd be betting on the guy from Leith.

Northernhibee
08-12-2017, 08:07 PM
I heard that Daz knocked Stokes on his backside after he was a bit arsey at a calendar signing.

DavidDavidGray
08-12-2017, 08:14 PM

Cummings Vs Grado Version 2

Iggy Pope
08-12-2017, 08:51 PM
Footballers often seem much bigger when up close. Said hello to Mc Ginn the other day. He's no lightweight. Probably around 5'10 and legs like tree trunks. Not so massive on the upper body, but those legs....

As for Stokes and McGregor, players have spats. It happens all the time and has done since the dawn of (football) time. If they had a square go there would only be one winner and I'd be betting on the guy from Leith.

Steady now Superfurry. That read as a bit lusty.....

Joe6-2
08-12-2017, 09:46 PM

He would still be out! 😂

silverhibee
08-12-2017, 10:16 PM
Steady now Superfurry. That read as a bit lusty.....

When I read the post I just expected Superfurry to be a female, " but those legs " I thought gave that away. :greengrin