PDA

View Full Version : Are hibs planning to have a hibs kids Xmas event?

percy veer
07-12-2017, 05:10 PM
Just wondering if anything is planned , a panto, Xmas party. Pretty poor show if not.

Billy Whizz
07-12-2017, 05:22 PM
Just wondering if anything is planned , a panto, Xmas party. Pretty poor show if not.

No unfortunately, was a thread on this last week

percy veer
07-12-2017, 05:23 PM
No unfortunately, was a thread on this last week

Cheers must have missed it

Billy Whizz
07-12-2017, 05:25 PM
Cheers must have missed it

No worries, no reason given from Hibs for the reasons
Wonder how many Hibs kids we have now, maybe too many

Thecat23
07-12-2017, 05:46 PM
No worries, no reason given from Hibs for the reasons
Wonder how many Hibs kids we have now, maybe too many

It really shouldn’t matter how many we have, could have done first come first served or if you wanted to attended names in a hat. To just bin it completely with no reason given is baffling! If Tracey is reading this maybe she could shed some light on it as it was very popular with kids and parents.

Hi Heid Yin
07-12-2017, 05:56 PM
Talking of Hibs and kids:
I came across a gathering of schooldkids with Santa hats on at the foot of the walk, Leith, just before tea-time tonight, singing Christmas Carols to a large gathering, and there right at the back of them stood our Neil Lennon and Sir Tom Farmer and others who I could not put names to.
It was the official lighting up of the Xmas tree.
It was a joyous sight and occasion and I even joined in with their rendition of "Away in A Manger" as did other adults.
Bless them each and every one!

Blaster
07-12-2017, 06:14 PM
It really shouldn’t matter how many we have, could have done first come first served or if you wanted to attended names in a hat. To just bin it completely with no reason given is baffling! If Tracey is reading this maybe she could shed some light on it as it was very popular with kids and parents.

Loyalty points? 😄

lyonhibs
07-12-2017, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE=Lennon's Lip;5239361]Talking of Hibs and kids:
I came across a gathering of schooldkids with Santa hats on at the foot of the walk, Leith, just before tea-time tonight, singing Christmas Carols to a large gathering, and there right at the back of them stood our Neil Lennon and Sir Tom Farmer and others who I could not put names to.
It was a joyous sight and occasion and I even joined in with their rendition of "Away in A Manger" as did other adults.
Bless them each and every one![/QUOTi

Is Lennon an alto or a tenor?

Hi Heid Yin
07-12-2017, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE=Lennon's Lip;5239361]Talking of Hibs and kids:
Bless them each and every one![/QUOTi

Is Lennon an alto or a tenor?

Too feint to hear him clearly, but there was a wee bit of Lee Marvin croaking 'Wandrin Star' in there somewhere

Danderhall Hibs
07-12-2017, 07:34 PM

Doesn’t look like it mate. They didn’t publicise it as part of the benefits when signing up this year (or last but they did one at short notice). Looks like it’s been scrapped - it’s a shame as my kids have all loved going over the years (probably been for the last 10).

07-12-2017, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=lyonhibs;5239382]

Too feint to hear him clearly, but there was a wee bit of Lee Marvin croaking 'Wandrin Star' in there somewhere

Should have cupped your ears.

Stan the Man
07-12-2017, 09:48 PM

Yeah great wee event. My wee girl was singing in it.

Tom Farmer, Lennon, McGregor & Swanson representing the club and Leith.

Proud on both counts!

erin go bragh
07-12-2017, 10:07 PM
It's always been a panto for the under 8s and the football training for the over 8s . Pretty poor if this has been binned . Christ , under Calderwood and Butcher , this was the highlight of the season :)

Thecat23
07-12-2017, 10:13 PM
Loyalty points? 😄

Haha don’t, just don’t!! 😁

hibby6270
08-12-2017, 10:20 AM

Pretty sure the club are represented at this every year.
Good to hear the tradition continues.