PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian AGM: Thursday 7th December at 7pm

theonlywayisup
07-12-2017, 01:16 PM
Anyone planning on going tonight! Always look forward to these events. The feel-good factor should make it a relaxed atmosphere, unlike the one following relegation.

danhibees1875
07-12-2017, 01:27 PM
Yeah, they're always a very interesting insight into what's going on at the club. Looking forward to it. :aok:

Worth going for the pie alone. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
07-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Could be a tasty one if away ticket sales is brought up! :greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
07-12-2017, 01:44 PM
Just arrived in the town. Think it will be an easy one tonight.

StevieCowan
07-12-2017, 05:20 PM
Can someone ask about half season ticket sales and the lack of availability vie ticketmaster?

offshorehibby
07-12-2017, 05:46 PM
I will be missing the AGM this evening so hopefully somebody will be along later with summery of any Q&A's.

Northernhibee
07-12-2017, 05:52 PM
Someone ask Petrie how he keeps his moustache looking so glossy and magnificent for me :hyper

Firestarter
07-12-2017, 05:59 PM
Can someone please acknowledge that our manager has won all of our support who had any niggling doubt about him around and we as a support are fully behind Neil Lennon and Gary Parker and special recognition to George Craig who people where sceptical when appointed.
Leanne Dempster has bridged the gap between the support and the club too. And thanks to Rod and Sir Tom. They, especially Petrie deserve their moment in the sun after the (sometimes justified) abuse taken over the years.

Finally, can we get "it's good to be a Hibee back on the sound system if Barrie is reading in"

Billy Whizz
07-12-2017, 06:00 PM
Can someone please acknowledge that our manager has won all of our support who had any niggling doubt about him around and we as a support are fully behind Neil Lennon and Gary Parker and special recognition to George Craig who people where sceptical when appointed.
Leanne Dempster has bridged the gap between the support and the club too. And thanks to Rod and Sir Tom. They, especially Petrie deserve their moment in the sun after the (sometimes justified) abuse taken over the years.

Finally, can we get "it's good to be a Hibee back on the sound system if Barrie is reading in"

Good post
We’re in the top area of the Premiership, we should be enjoying it

JohnMcM
07-12-2017, 06:37 PM

This please. With a special thank you to Leanne for her work. Ta!

ancient hibee
07-12-2017, 06:42 PM

Spot on.I can’t manage tonight either.Hopefully someone will propose a vote of thanks to our neighbours in West Edinburgh for raising Scottish comedy to a level unseen since Billy Connolly was at his peak.

WhileTheChief..
07-12-2017, 07:00 PM
An hour into the AGM. I wonder if anyone has stopped laughing at that letter yet :greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
07-12-2017, 07:30 PM
Very good agm. Only slightly contentious was loyalty scheme. Neil in great form. Only other concern was how Sir Tom is health wise.

07-12-2017, 07:43 PM
An hour into the AGM. I wonder if anyone has stopped laughing at that letter yet :greengrin

Did it come up at the AGM?

CropleyWasGod
07-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Very good agm. Only slightly contentious was loyalty scheme. Neil in great form. Only other concern was how Sir Tom is health wise.

.....and the fact that my attempt to put a question about the accounts was ignored. :greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
07-12-2017, 08:04 PM
Did you get a chance to talk downstairs with the FD?

DarlingtonHibee
07-12-2017, 08:05 PM

And short corners and throw ins lol!

CropleyWasGod
07-12-2017, 08:06 PM
Did you get a chance to talk downstairs with the FD?

Nah. Had to rush away.

Anyone know Jamie Marwick's email?

Billy Whizz
07-12-2017, 08:07 PM
Nah. Had to rush away.

Anyone know Jamie Marwick's email?

And I thought you were the man, Crops, to digestive the financials

DarlingtonHibee
07-12-2017, 08:10 PM
Go to the website, contact us icon, fao james marwick. They are normally good at getting back.

CentreLine
07-12-2017, 08:10 PM
.....and the fact that my attempt to put a question about the accounts was ignored. :greengrin

Looked like they were waiting for questions but, from where I was sitting, there didn't appear to be anyone offering. Mind you, they didn't wait long. I suppose you could have asked it in the general session afterwards :dunno:Sorry they missed you as I expect it would have been very worthwhile and good listening.

I thought LD was on fire. She spoke incredibly well and presented such a positive vision for the club going forward. Fingers crossed she stays a very long time

CropleyWasGod
07-12-2017, 08:12 PM
And I thought you were the man, Crops, to digestive the financials

TBH, I thought they ripped through them too quickly for my liking. Jamie followed up his "any questions?" 2 seconds later with "ok, back to Rod". He was probably expecting the "how much did we get for JC?".... which never materialised at any point...and tried to ignore any raised hands :greengrin

(to be fair, I was right at the back so he probably didn't see me)

DarlingtonHibee
07-12-2017, 08:15 PM
From a simple perspective, no nothing about accounts, but have we had 500k for JC, and additional money in the debtor accounts?

jacomo
07-12-2017, 08:25 PM
Spot on.I can’t manage tonight either.Hopefully someone will propose a vote of thanks to our neighbours in West Edinburgh for raising Scottish comedy to a level unseen since Billy Connolly was at his peak.

If I'm fussy, I'd say the leaked Police letter coming out on the same day as McInnes knocking back the Huns was poor timing.

But they do provide a rich seam of comedy.

CropleyWasGod
07-12-2017, 08:33 PM
If I'm fussy, I'd say the leaked Police letter coming out on the same day as McInnes knocking back the Huns was poor timing.

But they do provide a rich seam of comedy.

Some wag did ask Rod if, in the light of DM knocking back Rangers, we were taking appropriate steps to stop them coming after NL :greengrin

jacomo
07-12-2017, 08:38 PM
Some wag did ask Rod if, in the light of DM knocking back Rangers, we were taking appropriate steps to stop them coming after NL :greengrin

Jim Traynor is feeling extremely provoked just now.

CentreLine
07-12-2017, 08:39 PM
Thought NL also spoke with passion, humour and honesty. He was brilliantly open in his assessment of the players, didn't shy away from any question. Felt we have a very strong squad with a great dressing room attitude. Didn't feel for a moment that Stokesy would disrupt that but felt the need to step in to underline that. Had no intention of discussing that further, it was dealt with.
Spoke very highly of the young players coming through and, testament to HTC that three great prospects have come through at one time. Very much part of the first team squad and in the mix for starts
Big cheer when he said Boyle has signed a new contract :top marks
and Dylan in talks.
Also spoken to SJM about his position.
The club is in a strong position and does not need or plan to sell any player, of course every player has a price.

weecounty hibby
07-12-2017, 08:43 PM
Thought NL also spoke with passion, humour and honesty. He was brilliantly open in his assessment of the players, didn't shy away from any question. Felt we have a very strong squad with a great dressing room attitude. Didn't feel for a moment that Stokesy would disrupt that but felt the need to step in to underline that. Had no intention of discussing that further, it was dealt with.
Spoke very highly of the young players coming through and, testament to HTC that three great prospects have come through at one time. Very much part of the first team squad and in the mix for starts
Big cheer when he said Boyle has signed a new contract :top marks
and Dylan in talks.
Also spoken to SJM about his position.
The club is in a strong position and does not need or plan to sell any player, of course every player has a price.
All very positive for Hibernian at the moment. On a day when the Hun have been shafted by their No1 choice and apparent dead cert according to their propaganda wing and the Jambos are close to having their megasuperhugeenormous new stand closed down it is indeed an even more wonderful time than usual to be a Hibby

Spike Mandela
07-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Anybody ask about Rod and Leanne’s decision to not back an independent inquiry into SFA’s handling of the Rangers scandal?

Still can’t believe it and don’t buy their ‘time to move on line’.

CentreLine
07-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Anybody ask about Rod and Leanne’s decision to not back an independent inquiry into SFA’s handling of the Rangers scandal?

Still can’t believe it and don’t buy their ‘time to move on line’.

No, didn't come up

Ringothedog
07-12-2017, 08:59 PM
No, didn't come up

Probably because most fans don’t care

theonlywayisup
07-12-2017, 09:11 PM
What I thought was interesting was there was not one dig at Hertz. I thought this showed class - they mean nothing to us.

Wonder if it would be the same at a Hertz AGM.

CropleyWasGod
07-12-2017, 09:18 PM
What I thought was interesting was there was not one dig at Hertz. I thought this showed class - they mean nothing to us.

Wonder if it would be the same at a Hertz AGM.I thought there was....LD's line about owning our training centre, and having a stadium that's paid for. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

CentreLine
07-12-2017, 09:22 PM
I thought there was....LD's line about owning our training centre, and having a stadium that's paid for. [emoji4]

No specific reference to hahahahahahearts but RP, in his summing up on our finances said something along the lines of
When it comes to Financial Fair Play this is the way to run a club, no spending money we don't have in the hope of short term success.

Hugh Munro
07-12-2017, 09:24 PM
I thought there was....LD's line about owning our training centre, and having a stadium that's paid for. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-A510F using TapatalkSuppose it depends on context it was mentioned, could just have been making a statement of fact.

Mind you I quite like the idea that it was a dig :greengrin :thumbsup:

Ozyhibby
07-12-2017, 09:25 PM

I think you are right, apathy reigns supreme. Either way it’s done now. Personally I think it was a terrible decision.
Without FFP it won’t be long till it happens again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theonlywayisup
07-12-2017, 09:26 PM

Yes - you're correct, but it was a wee dig. Well hidden.

None of your 5-1 crap.

We could easily have made comments about their Tiny stadium etc.

hibbysam
07-12-2017, 09:27 PM
I think you are right, apathy reigns supreme. Either way it’s done now. Personally I think it was a terrible decision.

Yeah because FFP works wonders in Europe eh.

Eaststandee
07-12-2017, 09:28 PM

I care, but I can't speak for the majority of fans unlike yourself.

theonlywayisup
07-12-2017, 09:33 PM
Funny moment was when one fan asked Rod if he was concerned, following McInnes turning down The Rangers, that they may turn their attention to Neil Lennon.

Ringothedog
07-12-2017, 09:33 PM

So do I , I was disgusted with the board on this issue but I really believe that the overwhelming majority of our support couldn't give a toss.

Hugh Munro
07-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Probably because most fans don’t careI care, perhaps more will care when it all happens again because Scottish football is being run by the same shower cheats and charlatans that can't lie straight in bed.
Wonder why Petrie is so keen to move on and sweep it under the carpet, well actually I don't wonder.

Ringothedog
07-12-2017, 09:39 PM
I care, but I can't speak for the majority of fans unlike yourself.

I speak for myself, nobody else,but in the group that I go to games with the "sevco issue" is not even discussed.

JoeT_WasTheBest
07-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Funny moment was when one fan asked Rod if he was concerned, following McInnes turning down The Rangers, that they may turn their attention to Neil Lennon.

That was me. Couldn’t help masel [emoji23]

Baldy Foghorn
07-12-2017, 09:40 PM
Another good turn out tonight. Hot in there though, lost a stone :greengrin:greengrin

Ringothedog
07-12-2017, 09:42 PM
I care, perhaps more will care when it all happens again because Scottish football is being run by the same shower cheats and charlatans that can't lie straight in bed.
Wonder why Petrie is so keen to move on and sweep it under the carpet, well actually I don't wonder.

It's now 5 years down the road since it happened, what has changed? if nothing has changed what do you propose we as fans do to change things?

Baldy Foghorn
07-12-2017, 09:43 PM
I care, perhaps more will care when it all happens again because Scottish football is being run by the same shower cheats and charlatans that can't lie straight in bed.

Gie it a rest

green day
07-12-2017, 09:45 PM

In which case, perhaps the AGM was the perfect opportunity for you (or one of the others rubbishing Petrie) to ask him to his face rather than speculating on here?

Hugh Munro
07-12-2017, 09:45 PM
Gie it a restwhy don't you? You the post police on here are you?

Hibby Kay-Yay
07-12-2017, 09:53 PM
why don't you? You the post police on here are you?

Calm yer breeks

Hermit Crab
07-12-2017, 09:53 PM

You've been hostile on here since you joined, towards me RE the loyalty scheme thread and now towards BF. You don't have to take my advice as I'm not the advice police but I would be more civil or you could be having tea and biscuits with an admin.

Ozyhibby
07-12-2017, 09:54 PM
Yeah because FFP works wonders in Europe eh.

That’s a poorly implemented scheme, there are plenty other FFP schemes in world sport that work well.

Ozyhibby
07-12-2017, 09:57 PM
In which case, perhaps the AGM was the perfect opportunity for you (or one of the others rubbishing Petrie) to ask him to his face rather than speculating on here?

It’s for shareholders only. The meeting a few weeks back was for supporters clubs (sounds like they were kept happy with priority tickets[emoji6]). Ordinary fans haven’t been given an explanation.

Baldy Foghorn
07-12-2017, 10:00 PM
It’s for shareholders only. The meeting a few weeks back was for supporters clubs (sounds like they were kept happy with priority tickets[emoji6]). Ordinary fans haven’t been given an explanation.

Sneaky dig at supporters clubs, of which you have no idea how they operate. Stick to bashing one out about sevco

3pm
07-12-2017, 10:01 PM
Another good turn out tonight. Hot in there though, lost a stone :greengrin:greengrin

Not hot enough then!!! :o)

Baldy Foghorn
07-12-2017, 10:04 PM
Not hot enough then!!! :o)

:greengrin:cb

green day
07-12-2017, 10:05 PM

Yep, appreciate that - but presumably there are shareholders who are angry with the board stance?

AGMs are a perfect opportunity to ask difficult questions......and certainly a better place to question Petrie than hibs.net !

Baldy Foghorn
07-12-2017, 10:06 PM
Yep, appreciate that - but presumably there are shareholders who are angry with the board stance?

AGMs are a perfect opportunity to ask difficult questions......and certainly a better place to question Petrie than hibs.net !

No one felt the need to ask tonight

DarlingtonHibee
07-12-2017, 10:16 PM

What is a difficult question?

Baldy Foghorn
07-12-2017, 10:18 PM

Nope, it's been well documented, and the Club has explained their stance.

Thecat23
07-12-2017, 10:20 PM
What is a difficult question?

How do I win an argument with the wife?

Firestarter
07-12-2017, 10:21 PM

That's not a difficult question mate, just accept her way is better if you want to enjoy Hibs at the weekend.

Baldy Foghorn
07-12-2017, 10:22 PM

You won't, just ignore her

hibbysam
07-12-2017, 10:22 PM
That’s a poorly implemented scheme, there are plenty other FFP schemes in world sport that work well.

And what makes you think ours would be implemented better? Wouldn’t that take money out of our game to implement such a scheme?

Just out of interest, purely as I’m not aware of it, what sports have a successful FFP system?

Ozyhibby
07-12-2017, 10:37 PM
Sneaky dig at supporters clubs, of which you have no idea how they operate. Stick to bashing one out about sevco

Relax, I was joking. I have no problem with them getting priority tickets.

Baldy Foghorn
07-12-2017, 10:38 PM
Relax, I was joking. I have no problem with them getting priority tickets.

Ah, then sorry. My mood is tetchy:aok:

BSEJVT
08-12-2017, 06:03 AM

Cant agree I am afraid :-)

The proper way to do it is to tell her that she was right all along and that you apologise for the misunderstanding

She has nowhere to go after that and the conversation ends

weecounty hibby
08-12-2017, 06:27 AM
Cant agree I am afraid :-)

The proper way to do it is to tell her that she was right all along and that you apologise for the misunderstanding

She has nowhere to go after that and the conversation ends
Conversation ends?! Not with my Mrs. It will then be used in every single discussion/disagreement to back up her claim that she is right and why I should just do as you have said and get on with it

The Falcon
08-12-2017, 07:08 AM

That works right enough.........