PDA

View Full Version : Question Reintroduce A Ticket Points System?

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 10:55 AM
As it says on the tin. Bring back a simplified tickets points system or not? Buy tickets, build up your ticket points tally to make you eligible for away tickets therefor rewarding your loyalty.

CallumLaidlaw
06-12-2017, 11:01 AM
100% yes. A small minority of loud voices that couldn't get tickets to Tynecastle added to the disaster of 100points for joining HSL were the only issue. Far too many other clubs run successful loyalty schemes.
Whilst I don't have any issue with the away season ticket (it just personally doesn't work for me as I only manage around 70% of away games), even my mates that are in it still think a loyalty points scheme would be a better option.

Since90+2
06-12-2017, 11:04 AM
No from me.

Anything that can potentially hit season ticket sales which is the clubs main source of income is not something I could support (I would probably just about qualify for a Tynie ticket if it were point based so I am not looking at it from a selfish point of view).

lucky
06-12-2017, 11:05 AM
As I’ve said on the hearts ticket thread this needs discussed but the rules need to be set out at the start of next season after a full consultation with supporters

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 11:05 AM
100% yes. A small minority of loud voices that couldn't get tickets to Tynecastle added to the disaster of 100points for joining HSL were the only issue. Far too many other clubs run successful loyalty schemes.
Whilst I don't have any issue with the away season ticket (it just personally doesn't work for me as I only manage around 70% of away games), even my mates that are in it still think a loyalty points scheme would be a better option.

:agree:

I'm in it and even I think a ticket points system is a better option!

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 11:07 AM
No from me.

Anything that can potentially hit season ticket sales which is the clubs main source of income is not something I could support (I would probably just about qualify for a Tynie ticket if it were point based so I am not looking at it from a selfish point of view).

Fair enough, I'm seeking votes and opinions on this, not looking to criticise anyones opinion on this thread. :aok:

lord bunberry
06-12-2017, 11:09 AM
I voted no as it didn’t work for me the last time. I found that there were far too many different stages at which you could buy tickets, meaning groups were being split up. I prefer the current system of the away season ticket.

marinello59
06-12-2017, 11:10 AM
Any scheme introduced would still have to be heavily weighted in favour of ST holders so that the benefit of having a season ticket is not devalued.
And it would need to be a rolling system so that we don’t end up with a small group having an unattainable points tally. Only games where tickets are readily available should be rewarded with points.
So a qualified Yes from me.

Hugh Munro
06-12-2017, 11:12 AM
No, I'm happy to be part of the Hibs season ticket scheme take my chances with every other season ticket holder who financially supports the club as I always have done, won't support any scheme that favours some over others and could hit season ticket numbers.

cabbage_88
06-12-2017, 11:16 AM
100% yes

Carheenlea
06-12-2017, 11:18 AM
100% yes for me - been an advocate of a Loyalty Point Scheme since day one.
Don't believe the current arrangement for away ticket sales, or any of the suggestions on how they can be improved, are anywhere close to being better, and fairer than a simple points scheme reflected by regularity of attendance.

CMac1988
06-12-2017, 11:19 AM
As has been mentioned before it has to weigh heavily in favour of season ticket holders before others so as not to devalue the perceived cost of a season ticket. Equally the banding and criteria for tickets need to be measured in a much fairer capacity. You'll never please everyone but a more thorough consultation would help. Yes for me.

Geo_1875
06-12-2017, 11:19 AM
I don't see how this would impact on ST sales as mentioned by some posters.

The starting point for the loyalty scheme must be a bunch of points for having a season ticket.

As also stated, you can't award points for games where ticket numbers are restricted. That would be rewarding winners twice.

Argylehibby
06-12-2017, 11:20 AM
I voted no as it didn’t work for me the last time. I found that there were far too many different stages at which you could buy tickets, meaning groups were being split up. I prefer the current system of the away season ticket.

I voted yes which wont come as a surprise to anyone on here but I do think some tweaks were needed on the previous system.

> Set percentage of the available tickets to the top tier of "point holders"
> Clear communication on how to allocate points to those in your group
> No way to get points added if you didn't allocate
> Ensure that the cut off for the 2nd tranche of tickets available is at a level where all season ticket holders can apply.
> Any abuse of staff will not be tolerated. first offence a short ban, second offence and its game over.

Firestarter
06-12-2017, 11:24 AM
Definitely I can't think of one reason why not to. That would be the first thing I would be demanding each board meeting as a fans rep until they got sick of me and gave in.

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2017, 11:28 AM
No, i wouldn't buy a season ticket if there was one, my season ticket is devalued enough without the main benefit being taken away.

My_Wife_Camille
06-12-2017, 11:31 AM
No, i wouldn't buy a season ticket if there was one, my season ticket is devalued enough without the main benefit being taken away.
This post reminds me of this scene from The Simpsons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwcJNsoY50E

lord bunberry
06-12-2017, 11:37 AM
I voted yes which wont come as a surprise to anyone on here but I do think some tweaks were needed on the previous system.

> Set percentage of the available tickets to the top tier of "point holders"
> Clear communication on how to allocate points to those in your group
> No way to get points added if you didn't allocate
> Ensure that the cut off for the 2nd tranche of tickets available is at a level where all season ticket holders can apply.
> Any abuse of staff will not be tolerated. first offence a short ban, second offence and its game over.
I’m not completely against it, but it would have to be a lot better than the last time to get my support.
Imo it turned into a pissing contest to see who had the most points. It should be a system that allows people who can’t get to every game, but make some games, have a better chance of getting a ticket than someone who never goes to any games.

HibeeHibernian4
06-12-2017, 11:42 AM
Yes but no HSL points, no gimmicks, just copy exactly what Hearts have. They've been running it for years and I never see any of them complaining about it once. Do that and we're set.

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2017, 11:46 AM
Can it be run alongside the AST scheme, as there as those who like the fact the money is debited for every game. (And actually go to the games).

250 of these, then a LP system to reward regular attendees.

If you don't have enough points, tough tatties

MyJo
Surely it can't be that hard to set up a Tesco clubcard style points scheme.

10 points for every adult home ticket bought (buying a season ticket gives you 190 points immediately)
5 points for every child ticket bought (buying a season ticket gives you 95 points immediately)
15 points for every away ticket bought
1 point for every £5 spent in the clubstore
20 points per Hibs Kids membership
30 points per hospitality & mascot package
50 points per player/match sponsorship

Award points only for spending money with the club and allow this to build up and accrue and after a couple of seasons the most loyal fans who have invested the most into the club will be in a position to have the priority they deserve for things like derby tickets.

The level of points required to buy tickets at certain times can be adjusted according to demand and availability. No need for overnight queuing or any of that malarkey.

Eric
One of the problems with the previous system was the name Loyalty Points. Subscribing to HSL was correctly looked on as loyalty and points awarded. However the purpose of the system was to allocate tickets for games where they were in short supply and not to award loyalty. I would therefore suggest that the name Match Points would be much more appropriate. :thumbsup:

hibbyfraelibby
06-12-2017, 11:47 AM
Approaching 14k season ticket holders so how do you define loyalty for a scheme to work fairly and efficiently?

If you have an ST you get first dibs on a first come first served one for one basis simples. The scraps go on general sale if not sold 48hrs before ko.

No queues just on line or phone.

Craigmount Hibs
06-12-2017, 11:52 AM
Approaching 14k season ticket holders so how do you define loyalty for a scheme to work fairly and efficiently?

If you have an ST you get first dibs on a first come first served one for one basis simples. The scraps go on general sale if not sold 48hrs before ko.

Many other British clubs have the same or much larger season ticket sales volumes v’s available away tickets. Surely we have to consider what other clubs do? And how they manage it effectively and efficiently?

ShinyFantastic
06-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Yes!!! This shouldn't even be up for debate. These morons that genuinely believe a season ticket holder that goes to no away games should deserve the same chance at obtaining a ticket for Tynecastle, Ibrox or Parkhead as someone that goes to every away game seriously need to wake up and enter the 21st century!!

And I am an away season ticket holder...

cleanyman
06-12-2017, 11:56 AM
No.

The away season ticket is fine.

Carheenlea
06-12-2017, 11:56 AM

While the home ST's are at fantastic levels and we are seeing bumper home gates, the travelling support hasn't really gone up by very much at all. There are 1500 - 2000 regulars, and it's hard to argue against why they shouldn't be given the first opportunity when demand for tickets outweighs supply.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 11:58 AM

The system I have in mind is greatly simplified.

Home Games(ST Holders)
20 points for Early Bird Season Tickets

19 points Season Ticket bought after EB deadline

1 point for all home cup matches

Walk ups home matches (non ST holders on the database).
1 ticket point for all league and cup home matches when bought either online, print at home, scan from phone or at the ticket office using your client reference.

Use the pods and you get zero points, tough luck I'm afraid.

No retrospective adding of points, if you used the pods or any other method other than the ones mentioned above in bold then you've had it.

No additional points for any additional tickets for home games you buy for other people using your client reference (point whoring).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Away Games

Hearts away 1 point (extremely high demand, not far to travel and limited availability, unfair to award high points)

Rangers Away 1 point (extremely high demand, limited availability, unfair to award high points)

Celtic Away 1 point (extremely high demand, limited availability, unfair to award high points)

Aberdeen, Ross County, Dundee, St Johnstone, Motherwell, Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Patrick Thistle all have large away sections 2000+ which is above our average away support and are generally less attractive fixtures to go to so the incentive should be higher, so for all these away games:

Award STH's 3 ticket points for attending these fixtures

Non STH's who buy in the general sale (if applicable) 2 ticket points

(NB, I feel you can't award 0 ticket points for going to Hearts, celtic or Rangers as you're still going so i think 1 ticket point is a fair reward)

2-3 year cycle and after the cycle ends 50% of your ticket points total drops off and the scheme keeps rolling like that. This way there won't be big gap between those on max ticket points and those who can only make 80-90% of away games meaning Hibs can afford to set the bar lower when it comes to selling away tickets using ticket points. I think its a fair way to do it.

TICKET POINTS ARE AWARDED FOR BUYING TICKETS ONLY, NOTHING ELSE HENCE THE NAME.

Thoughts? (be nice :greengrin)

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2017, 11:58 AM

10 points for every adult home ticket bought (buying a season ticket gives you 190 points immediately)
5 points for every child ticket bought (buying a season ticket gives you 95 points immediately)

Award points only for spending money with the club and allow this to build up and accrue and after a couple of seasons the most loyal fans who have invested the most into the club will be in a position to have the priority they deserve for things like derby tickets.

The level of points required to buy tickets at certain times can be adjusted according to demand and availability. No need for overnight queuing or any of that malarkey.

Loyalty for match attendance only. Not consumer spend

Diclonius
06-12-2017, 12:01 PM
It is imperative we have a loyalty points system now that there is serious demand for big away games where our allocation is limited. It is simply unfair to give tickets for Hearts/OF away etc to people who have the time to camp outside the TO for hours on end or who win the internet lottery. If you invest more into following Hibs (esp with a season ticket and making away games) then you should be at the head of the queue.

Tin hat on but I don't think it's fair for people who faithfully turned up at ER week in/week out over the pre-2014 years to watch utter dross, and went along to Tynecastle/Parkhead/Ibrox for defeat after defeat (when there were plenty tickets available) knowing full well what was going to happen should now have the same remote chance of getting a ticket as everyone else, purely because we're now winning.

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2017, 12:01 PM
One of the problems with the previous system was the name Loyalty Points. Subscribing to HSL was correctly looked on as loyalty and points awarded. However the purpose of the system was to allocate tickets for games where they were in short supply and not to award loyalty. I would therefore suggest that the name Match Points would be much more appropriate. :thumbsup:

HSL "points" were wrongly applied, and muddied the waters hugely

scoopyboy
06-12-2017, 12:02 PM
100% yes from me.

By far the simplest and fairest.

Should never have been scrapped.

Ozyhibby
06-12-2017, 12:05 PM
It’s a no for me. I’m not in favour of devaluing the season ticket as it’s this income that determines the quality of the team. I’m also not in favour of money coming out the player budget to administer a scheme just so some fans can have priority access to tickets. It’s all about the quality of the team for me.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 12:05 PM

Far too overcomplicated imo. See my breakdown post re Ticket Points.

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2017, 12:06 PM
A definite yes from me. No system can keep everyone happy, but a well structured loyalty scheme would be fairer than the free for all we currently have for Tynie/Parkhead/Ibrox. Surely it's right that ST holders who also go to Aberdeen/Partick/Ross County get first refusal; that's all. If they don't sell out, they go to ST holders and those who have accumulated enough points via other games. The structure of any such scheme is essential of course. It would seem very unlikely to be re-introduced, after they scrapped it.

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2017, 12:07 PM
It’s a no for me. I’m not in favour of devaluing the season ticket as it’s this income that determines the quality of the team. I’m also not in favour of money coming out the player budget to administer a scheme just so some fans can have priority access to tickets. It’s all about the quality of the team for me.

So those who never travel should be in the same bracket, as those who do. Super:aok:

Eric
06-12-2017, 12:10 PM
HSL "points" were wrongly applied, and muddied the waters hugely
Yes I agree that they were wrongly applied as the purpose of the system was not to reward loyalty in the form of HSL subscriptions. Hence call the system Match Points to prevent a similar thing happening in the future.:wink:

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2017, 12:10 PM

It doesn't have to necessarily devalue the season ticket. ST holders who have been to a number of away games get first priority; ST holders who have no/very few away games are in the next wave. I don't think that devalues the ST at all, as ST holders are still ahead of any general sale.

Hugh Munro
06-12-2017, 12:11 PM
Far too overcomplicated imo. See my breakdown post re Ticket Points.or in other words see the scheme that suits me best and everybody else's ideas that don't work for me are rubbish.

Hermit Crab
Lets try and keep this thread civil please folks :aok:

CallumLaidlaw
Far too overcomplicated imo. See my breakdown post re Ticket Points.

I even wonder if your version is over complex.

40pts for season tickets
2pts for a walk up ticket/cup game.
1pt for an away game. No points awarded for Rangers/Celtic/Hearts games.

Tickets always split into 2 tiers of selling. 1st tier to take in a max of 60% of tickets. 2nd tier will always be no more than 40pts.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 12:13 PM
or in other words see the scheme that suits me best and everybody else's ideas that don't work for me are rubbish.

The thread title is the clue. Ticket Points, not points for pies or points merchandise etc, just Ticket Points.

Oscar T Grouch
06-12-2017, 12:14 PM
In the old system i never had to worry about getting away tickets even though I only attended some away games, an away ST is not any good for me, so a return to a loyalty points system would suit me best. The current system rewards those who buy an away ST which is fair enough, but it then lumps everyone else into a lucky dip. wether you attend away games or not. A prime example of this is my mate who has a ST and this season has gone to ever away game, but due to other commitments he is not willing to purchase an away ST, he effectively contributes the same as an Away ST holder (at least he has this season) but has little chance of getting a ticket for tiny, that is basically unfair on him. The old system worked fine until the 100 points were added for HSL membership, it shouldn't have been scrapped and it remains LDs biggest error since she arrived (the rest of her work has been pretty good though :wink:)

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 12:15 PM

40pts for season tickets
2pts for a walk up ticket

Interesting take on it but I don't think you can award 0 points for the big 3, Is 40 points not creating too large a points gap?

Ozyhibby
06-12-2017, 12:16 PM
It doesn't have to necessarily devalue the season ticket. ST holders who have been to a number of away games get first priority; ST holders who have no/very few away games are in the next wave. I don't think that devalues the ST at all, as ST holders are still ahead of any general sale.

But behind those who can travel. That’s a devaluation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgentDaleCooper
06-12-2017, 12:17 PM

40pts for season tickets
2pts for a walk up ticket/cup game.

Tickets always split into 2 tiers of selling. 1st tier to take in a max of 60% of tickets. 2nd tier will always be no more than 40pts.

this makes sense to me :aok:

CallumLaidlaw
06-12-2017, 12:17 PM
Interesting take on it but I don't think you can award 0 points for the big 3, Is 40 points not creating too large a points gap?

Means that someone attending every home game will get max 38 points, keeping a reward for ST holders.

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2017, 12:18 PM
Wave 1 - ST holders who have most/a number of away games
Wave 2 - ST holders who have small number/no away games
Wave 3 - Non-ST holders who have sufficient points via walk ups. This sustains the value of the ST.
Wave 4 - General sale.

Eric
The thread title is the clue. Ticket Points, not points for pies or points merchandise etc, just Ticket Points.I suggested the name Match Points but Ticket Points is fine as this scheme is not there to reward loyalty,

Ozyhibby
[emoji23][emoji23] Those that want loyalty points schemes can’t even agree on a format. They really just want a format that suits their specific circumstances. [emoji23]

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2017, 12:22 PM
[emoji23][emoji23] Those that want loyalty points schemes can’t even agree on a format. They really just want a format that suits their specific circumstances. [emoji23]

People are just putting ideas forward. If it comes to it I’m sure there’d be a stage where the best combination is agreed.

Obviously the least admin heavy would be best to keep the (undefined) costs down.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 12:22 PM

I would suggest the vote tells a different story...

3pm
06-12-2017, 12:23 PM
If they were introduced again, I'd give the top 30% of points holders a priority window of some kind, say 24 hours.

After that, everyone is in the mix.

Example.

- 1000 tickets for sale.
- 300 available for 24 hours for those with the most points.
- 700 available the day after.

Haven't considered the practicalities so I am sure it's flawed somewhere! :greengrin

Carheenlea
06-12-2017, 12:26 PM
The system I have in mind is greatly simplified.

Home Games(ST Holders)
20 points for Early Bird Season Tickets

19 points Season Ticket bought after EB deadline

1 point for all home cup matches

Walk ups home matches (non ST holders on the database).
1 ticket point for all league and cup home matches when bought either online, print at home, scan from phone or at the ticket office using your client reference.

Use the pods and you get zero points, tough luck I'm afraid.

No retrospective adding of points, if you used the pods or any other method other than the ones mentioned above in bold then you've had it.

No additional points for any additional tickets for home games you buy for other people using your client reference (point whoring).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Away Games

Hearts away 1 point (extremely high demand, not far to travel and limited availability, unfair to award high points)

Rangers Away 1 point (extremely high demand, limited availability, unfair to award high points)

Celtic Away 1 point (extremely high demand, limited availability, unfair to award high points)

Aberdeen, Ross County, Dundee, St Johnstone, Motherwell, Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Patrick Thistle all have large away sections 2000+ which is above our average away support and are generally less attractive fixtures to go to so the incentive should be higher, so for all these away games:

Award STH's 3 ticket points for attending these fixtures

Non STH's who buy in the general sale (if applicable) 2 ticket points

(NB, I feel you can't award 0 ticket points for going to Hearts, celtic or Rangers as you're still going so i think 1 ticket point is a fair reward)

2-3 year cycle and after the cycle ends 50% of your ticket points total drops off and the scheme keeps rolling like that. This way there won't be big gap between those on max ticket points and those who can only make 80-90% of away games meaning Hibs can afford to set the bar lower when it comes to selling away tickets using ticket points. I think its a fair way to do it.

TICKET POINTS ARE AWARDED FOR BUYING TICKETS ONLY, NOTHING ELSE HENCE THE NAME.

Thoughts? (be nice :greengrin)

I think a scheme that runs for two seasons, then for the third season, the first years points are scrapped and it follows on through time in that manner. That way, over two a two year period every supporter has the opportunity to reach the top bracket, it's identifying the regular attendees in a relevant manner and no group of fans are running away with points.

Since90+2
06-12-2017, 12:30 PM
Even if the poll ends up a 80/20 split I dont think the club will look at reintroducing it.

I don't imagine all of those voting no would give up their season ticket but as shown in this thread and others there are definitely some who would (I would renew regardless but each to their own) which means the club loses out on season ticket money which is absolutely vital.

Its not as simple as some on here are making out , the responsibility of those in charge of the club is to generate as much revenue as possible to get the best team on the park and anything that can impact season ticket sales would have to be dealt with very carefully.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 12:32 PM
I think a scheme that runs for two seasons, then for the third season, the first years points are scrapped and it follows on through time in that manner. That way, over two a two year period every supporter has the opportunity to reach the top bracket, it's identifying the regular attendees in a relevant manner and no group of fans are running away with points.

Sounds good to me. :aok:

Hugh Munro
06-12-2017, 12:36 PM
I would suggest the vote tells a different story...Does it? It says some people on here want some sort of scheme, it doesn't say they all want it the same way and a few dozen votes on here certainly doesn't represent the entire Hibs support. Like you I'm sure I'm sure all those that want it will want exactly what suits them best.

It could be called the **** you jack I'm alright scheme.

Ozyhibby
I would suggest the vote tells a different story...

Didn’t you say on the poll about ‘moving on’ in regards to Sevco that it was not a valid poll because only those with a specific interest would click on the thread?
May not have been you, so apologies if my memory has failed me again. [emoji3]

Kojock
We could even have a scenario for the cup game where a recently purchased half season ticket affords the same chance as an early bird who has been to all away games.

SteveHFC
06-12-2017, 12:37 PM
Loyalty points shouldn't have been scrapped in the first place.

Ozyhibby
06-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Even if the poll ends up a 80/20 split I dont think the club will look at reintroducing it.

I don't imagine all of those voting no would give up their season ticket but as shown in this thread and others there are definitely some who would (I would renew regardless but each to their own) which means the club loses out on season ticket money which is absolutely vital.

Its not as simple as some on here are making out , the responsibility of those in charge of the club is to generate as much revenue as possible to get the best team on the park and anything that can impact season ticket sales would have to be dealt with very carefully.

100% correct. Quality of the team is my number 1 priority.
This scheme would result in worse players for me to watch so I’m against.

Iggy Pope
06-12-2017, 12:39 PM
A loyalty scheme has to be introduced for AWAY MATCHES ONLY.
Those who go to away matches get first dabs.
Nothing to do with Season Tickets, nothing to do with HSL coerce, nothing to do with bonus points, nothing to do with bawling and shouting at the lassie in the ticket office, nothing to do with buying the next away kit, nothing to do with Cup Finals and Semi Finals, nothing to do with Ibrox or Tynie just because you fancy it.

Prioritise Away tickets for Away attendees. Now. And without railroading that attendee into the pre-purchase of one or more tickets for every game regardless of whether they can attend. Even zealots go on holiday or get the ****s.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 12:39 PM
Didn’t you say on the poll about ‘moving on’ in regards to Sevco that it was not a valid poll because only those with a specific interest would click on the thread?
May not have been you, so apologies if my memory has failed me again. [emoji3]

I don't recall posting anything about sevco in particular, If I did i can remember? :dunno: :confused:

Ozyhibby
06-12-2017, 12:41 PM
A loyalty scheme has to be introduced for AWAY MATCHES ONLY.
Those who go to away matches get first dabs.
Nothing to do with Season Tickets, nothing to do with HSL coerce, nothing to do with bonus points, nothing to do with bawling and shouting at the lassie in the ticket office, nothing to do with buying the next away kit, nothing to do with Cup Finals and Semi Finals, nothing to do with Ibrox or Tynie just because you fancy it.

Prioritise Away tickets for Away attendees. Now. And without railroading that attendee into the pre-purchase of one or more tickets for every game regardless of whether they can attend. Even zealots go on holiday or get the ****s.

Sounds elitist, favouring the rich who can afford to travel all over Scotland watching Hibs. [emoji3]

Onceinawhile
06-12-2017, 12:42 PM
Yes!!! This shouldn't even be up for debate. These morons that genuinely believe a season ticket holder that goes to no away games should deserve the same chance at obtaining a ticket for Tynecastle, Ibrox or Parkhead as someone that goes to every away game seriously need to wake up and enter the 21st century!!

And I am an away season ticket holder...

If they don't go to away games why would they want tickets for tynecastle ibrox or parkhead?

Ozyhibby
06-12-2017, 12:42 PM
I don't recall posting anything about sevco in particular, If I did i can remember? :dunno: :confused:

It probably wasn’t then.

Iggy Pope
06-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Sounds elitist, favouring the rich who can afford to travel all over Scotland watching Hibs. [emoji3]

Think they used to refer to posts like this as 'trolling' I've put you back on ignore to be safe.

seanshow
06-12-2017, 12:51 PM
No for me.

Ill take my chance online in an 'open to every season ticket holder' sale, and If I don't get a ticket for a particular game its not the end of the world :rolleyes:

btw I was at the semi final when loads couldnt be a*sed going, and also got drenched behind the goal at Alloa, but im not looking for a Gold star or preferential treatment.

Leave it the way it is, ST holders and all in AST holders.

WhileTheChief..
06-12-2017, 12:51 PM
If our first two away games were at Ibrox and Tynie then the folk who got tickets for these games would have more points then everyone else.

That means they’re guaranteed to be at the top of the list for the remaining season as no one else could make up these points if they went to every other away game.

There has to be a way for folk that don’t normally go to at least have a chance of getting a ticket.

Is it really fair that the folk who go to a lot of away games always get the chance of a ticket for Tynie but non ST holders or ST holders that don’t do away games never get the chance??

No need to answer this, the fair way will be the way that you get a ticket, everything else sucks!!

I’d do away with the away ST thing and make each game available to ST holders first then public sale.

No loyalty point thing required, just take your chance and hope to be lucky just like every other fan.

If you do normally go to every away game how about letting someone else get the chance once in a while?

Seems fair to me!

beensaidbefore
06-12-2017, 12:53 PM
I haven't seen it mentioned, but I thought one of the major issues was folk with enough points were purchasing tickets and passing them on when they couldn't attend, so they could get the points?

jgl07
06-12-2017, 01:02 PM
Season Ticket holders: 190 points

Home League walk-ups: 10 points per match attended (if tickets purchased online).

Cup matches: 10 points per match attended (as above)

Away League or Cup matches: 20 points per match (as above)

Season ticket holders will always win out in this scenario. It is not about discriminating against season ticket holders but between different season ticket holders when the number of tickets is very restricted.

Hampden finals are not an issue as there are usually plenty to go round even with 15,000 season ticket holders. However there is always a scramble for the best seats in the North Stand and the South.

Hampden semi-finals will never be an issue although League Cup semi-finals might be a problem if at Tinycastle.

The main problems are with away matches in small stadiums or when the home team are parsimonious (eg Ibrox). Obviously away season tickets will solve that one. Hibs are now in a position to retaliate and threaten Sevco with losing half the South Stand if they do not increase the allocation for Ibrox matches.

The loyalty points could be used to stagger the demand for Hampden finals. First allocation would be offered to season ticket holders but using the points to sell the tickets in batches so as to avoid everyone trying to log on at once and crashing the system. Then the process could be repeated for non-season ticket holders once more staggered by loyalty points.

Hugh Munro
06-12-2017, 01:02 PM
I haven't seen it mentioned, but I thought one of the major issues was folk with enough points were purchasing tickets and passing them on when they couldn't attend, so they could get the points?And how would that be stopped short of tying folk in a chair on a bus and making them go, no way of knowing who is using the ticket or if it's even being used at all. Another thing that is wrong IMO is people being able to use child season ticket ref. No.'s to buy adult tickets. You have folk who won't take the kids to the likes ipox, darkhied and the piggery, instead they buy adult tickets and give them to mates who are not season ticket holders thus doing other adult season ticket holders out of the chance of a ticket. You should not be able to buy an adult ticket using a child's ref. No.

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2017, 01:22 PM
Why would the club take any notice of this, when they wouldn't take any notice of the fans regarding sevco.

This is only a small amount of the support apparently, as argued previously on that point, i wonder if the fans reps probably don't know of anyone who'd be against this, or just deaf?

Kojock
06-12-2017, 01:24 PM

So by that reckoning being able to afford a season ticket favours the rich who can afford to go to every home game.

Iggy Pope
06-12-2017, 01:37 PM
If our first two away games were at Ibrox and Tynie then the folk who got tickets for these games would have more points then everyone else.

That means they’re guaranteed to be at the top of the list for the remaining season as no one else could make up these points if they went to every other away game.

There has to be a way for folk that don’t normally go to at least have a chance of getting a ticket.

Is it really fair that the folk who go to a lot of away games always get the chance of a ticket for Tynie but non ST holders or ST holders that don’t do away games never get the chance??

No need to answer this, the fair way will be the way that you get a ticket, everything else sucks!!

I’d do away with the away ST thing and make each game available to ST holders first then public sale.

No loyalty point thing required, just take your chance and hope to be lucky just like every other fan.

If you do normally go to every away game how about letting someone else get the chance once in a while?

Seems fair to me!

The club already have a robust record of away attendees this season and last and probably the season before and the one before that. The Loyalty Points are still on your profile. You'll know that though?

Not difficult. It is their Database after all.

Each game is already available first to all ST holders, so while you're not introducing a new idea, what you do you get is a bunfight of 12 into 3 for Tynie and not many of the successful bother their arse about going to Hamilton.
Yes, the bams that go to Hamilton, Motherwell, Firhill, Perth etc should get priority for Tynie and any other domestic game. Of course they should. Not even a question.

Let's look after the once in a whiles instead though. That's the real issue here and you've highlighted that absolutely perfectly.

Iggy Pope
06-12-2017, 01:43 PM
Why would the club take any notice of this, when they wouldn't take any notice of the fans regarding sevco.

This is only a small amount of the support apparently, as argued previously on that point, i wonder if the fans reps probably don't know of anyone who'd be against this, or just deaf?

G. If the Partick game is much to go by, the Away support is around about 15 - 17% of the ST base.
Not insignificant.
I suspect it's the other 80-odd% who seldom venture to an away fixture that make the most noise about the failings of a Loyalty scheme (Horrible ****ing terminology by the way. Away bonuses or something would have been so much more palatable and probably could have avoided some of this "nabodys mair loyal than me" *****).

NAE NOOKIE
06-12-2017, 01:47 PM
I don't know how it would work .... The obvious avenue would be season ticket holders who also attend away games, but not all away games are subject to tickets being purchased at ER so how do you prove you were there?

Somehow I cant see the club being enthusiastic about a new loyalty scheme anyway. the last one was a disaster with the clubs own goal of awarding loyalty points to HSL members angering many fans, including me.

The safest way to go about this is simply a ballot of ST holders when demand outstrips supply ... but that would piss off regular away fans and I wouldn't blame them when they know they might not get a ticket for the PBS for example when a guy like me who goes to relatively few away games might get one, even though even in my own opinion I would be less deserving.

The whole things a bloody minefield :confused:

JeMeSouviens
06-12-2017, 01:48 PM
There wasn't much wrong with the one we had. If there hadn't been the stooshie around HSL, we'd probably all be well used to it now. The baby went out with the bathwater there, imo.

Iggy Pope
06-12-2017, 01:50 PM
there wasn't much wrong with the one we had. If there hadn't been the stooshie around hsl, we'd probably all be well used to it now. The baby went out with the bathwater there, imo.

absolutely.

easty
06-12-2017, 01:56 PM
100% correct. Quality of the team is my number 1 priority.
This scheme would result in worse players for me to watch so I’m against.

I've seen you mention the cost of the scheme a number of times now, and how you want all money to go on the team...do you even know what the costs involved are?

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2017, 02:09 PM
G. If the Partick game is much to go by, the Away support is around about 15 - 17% of the ST base.
Not insignificant.
I suspect it's the other 80-odd% who seldom venture to an away fixture that make the most noise about the failings of a Loyalty scheme (Horrible ****ing terminology by the way. Away bonuses or something would have been so much more palatable and probably could have avoided some of this "nabodys mair loyal than me" *****).

I'm not really that fazed about anyone thinking their dick is bigger than anyone else. :wink: I think they way i do, and that is that.

Others can think the opposite, its their right, just as it's mine to disagree. :aok:

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2017, 02:22 PM
I've seen you mention the cost of the scheme a number of times now, and how you want all money to go on the team...do you even know what the costs involved are?

No he doesn’t - I asked yesterday.

Iggy Pope
06-12-2017, 02:25 PM
I'm not really that fazed about anyone thinking their dick is bigger than anyone else. :wink: I think they way i do, and that is that.

Others can think the opposite, its their right, just as it's mine to disagree. :aok:

****s sake.

Ozyhibby
06-12-2017, 02:31 PM
No he doesn’t - I asked yesterday.

Yip. I wasn’t told the costs, just that they were more than it was worth given the club only had a small admin staff (about 8 at the time) and it was stopping them doing other things.
Running the scheme brings in not one extra pound to Hibs yet was costing us money. Easy to see why it was chopped.

hibbysam
06-12-2017, 02:42 PM
Yip. I wasn’t told the costs, just that they were more than it was worth given the club only had a small admin staff (about 8 at the time) and it was stopping them doing other things.
Running the scheme brings in not one extra pound to Hibs yet was costing us money. Easy to see why it was chopped.

If that’s the way the club looks at things then why don’t they just stop selling away tickets altogether? Don’t take up our allocation... at the end of the day we don’t make any money from it and it costs us money to sell them!

The system is all set up and should be automated therefore I’m struggling to understand where the costs came from? You mentioned earlier tha complaints were the root cause of the cost issues, so I’m now struggling to understand how complaints cost money...

Ozyhibby
06-12-2017, 02:54 PM
If that’s the way the club looks at things then why don’t they just stop selling away tickets altogether? Don’t take up our allocation... at the end of the day we don’t make any money from it and it costs us money to sell them!

The system is all set up and should be automated therefore I’m struggling to understand where the costs came from? You mentioned earlier tha complaints were the root cause of the cost issues, so I’m now struggling to understand how complaints cost money...

Because they have to be dealt with and nobody works for free.

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2017, 02:57 PM

So did running a LP scheme cost us bringing in better players?

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2017, 03:00 PM
For the record, 90% of Carlton travellers go every week. Not all who go every week have an AST though, but I know they get prickly about the subject, incase they miss out on tickets

marinello59
06-12-2017, 03:05 PM
So did running a LP scheme cost us bringing in better players?

Did it help us buy any extra players? :greengrin
You could argue that it would be more beneficial for the club to introduce a scheme which rewards money spent there rather than running a scheme which rewards spending money at our rivals. I’m not making that argument by the way, life’s too short. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2017, 03:17 PM
Did it help us buy any extra players? :greengrin
You could argue that it would be more beneficial for the club to introduce a scheme which rewards money spent there rather than running a scheme which rewards spending money at our rivals. I’m not making that argument by the way, life’s too short. :greengrin

Thank the lord J, don't have the time to argue :aok:

marinello59
06-12-2017, 03:19 PM
Thank the lord J, don't have the time to argue :aok:

:greengrin

guthrie01
06-12-2017, 03:24 PM
I’m not so sure, the loyalty points scheme we had was a bit of a mess in the end and the scheme we have in place right now seems to be much easier to handle for the club to distribute tickets.

Dont believe any fan “deserves” to go more than any other fan to a big game imo. Every Hibs fan is equal as long as they support the club. A season ticket shows a fans commitment to the club and thus you get a chance to get tickets to the big games.

DH1875
06-12-2017, 03:32 PM
I've voted no for 2 main reasons. Reason one being I don't think its fair for points to be awarded for Ibrox or Tynecastle. I want to go to Ibrox but don't get a ticket, you want to go and you get a ticket. Not only have you now got the ticket but through no fault of my own you now have 10 more loyalty points than me.

The other reason has nowt to do with season tickets. Pretty sure that last time around they grouped people with 1 point with people with 100 (still no idea how you could get 1 point). It was like having people who had only been to one game in like 3 years with people who had been to 10 games that season. Very unfair in my opinion.

JohnMcM
06-12-2017, 03:36 PM
Is it just me or is this thread becoming more complicated than the Brexit negotiations?

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2017, 03:46 PM
I’m not so sure, the loyalty points scheme we had was a bit of a mess in the end and the scheme we have in place right now seems to be much easier to handle for the club to distribute tickets.

Dont believe any fan “deserves” to go more than any other fan to a big game imo. Every Hibs fan is equal as long as they support the club. A season ticket shows a fans commitment to the club and thus you get a chance to get tickets to the big games.

Why should someone who goes to every game not get a priority over someone who only goes to home games?

Ozyhibby
06-12-2017, 03:47 PM
Why should someone who goes to every game not get a priority over someone who only goes to home games?

Because we don’t want to devalue the season ticket.

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Because we don’t want to devalue the season ticket.

Nonsense. So we don't look after the ones who travel?

Kojock
06-12-2017, 03:52 PM

And that's the problem, those who go to every game would love a LP scheme as they are pretty much guaranteed to get a ticket, the folk who don't go to every away game don't want a system introduced as it gives them a chance of a ticket.

guthrie01
06-12-2017, 03:57 PM

If they go to every away game then buy an away season ticket. If you don’t then you get a fair chance along with every other season ticket holder. Hibs don’t make money from away tickets

JohnMcM
Just a thought.
Would a loyalty system like the one being discussed be a deterrent to new and young supporters coming into the fold?
I don't know, just thinking aloud.

Ozyhibby

The club are more concerned about selling season tickets for Easter Road.

GreenCastle
06-12-2017, 03:58 PM
Priority for away games -

Away season tickets - every game

Away season priority - £ ??

Season Ticket holders

General public

The only way they should introduce loyalty points is if it’s clear and fair.

Last time some games weren’t counted such as semi finals (when Hibs didn’t sell out and some away stadiums - tickets bought at gate)

I favour the Tesco club card scheme - points for everything - club shop sales etc

Last time I had a decent amount of loyalty points and brought loads of friends to watch Hibs buying though my account - no extra points or reward - they should reward people who spend money at the club. Only fair way.

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2017, 03:58 PM

Everybody should be accommodated as far as practicable. The season ticket is the bread and butter of the club; the club gets nothing from away league games. Hence we must protect the value of the ST; I understand that. At the same time, we need a mechanism whereby those who travel to most away games get the best opportunity for a ticket to games likely to sell out. No system is perfect, and there will always be some who feel any scheme is unfair, but we should be able to agree a system which is fair to most supporters for most of the time. Fundamentally it comes down to those (especially ST holders) who travel to Ross County being able to travel to Tynie; I think the vast majority would say that's only right.

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Everybody should be accommodated as far as practicable. The season ticket is the bread and butter of the club; the club gets nothing from away league games. Hence we must protect the value of the ST; I understand that. At the same time, we need a mechanism whereby those who travel to most away games get the best opportunity for a ticket to games likely to sell out. No system is perfect, and there will always be some who feel any scheme is unfair, but we should be able to agree a system which is fair to most supporters for most of the time. Fundamentally it comes down to those (especially ST holders) who travel to Ross County being able to travel to Tynie; I think the vast majority would say that's only right.

Agree, probably get a few who can't see this though......

matty_f
06-12-2017, 04:10 PM
Apologies if this has been covered, but what's in place to ensure that everyone gets a fair crack of the whip at getting tickets, as presumably once you're in the top bracket and can secure away tickets, you'll stay there and accumulate more points than anyone else so will always get the tickets first as nobody would be able to catch up.

Hibeewilly
06-12-2017, 04:13 PM
For the record, 90% of Carlton travellers go every week. Not all who go every week have an AST though, but I know they get prickly about the subject, incase they miss out on tickets
Extremely prickly BF! As you know none of my group that travel on your bus have AST's as one or two of them only make say 80-90% of the away games so sitting together becomes a problem. Get stuck into the board mate "match" or "bonus" points all the way!!

Iggy Pope
06-12-2017, 04:13 PM
If they go to every away game then buy an away season ticket. If you don’t then you get a fair chance along with every other season ticket holder. Hibs don’t make money from away tickets

Supposing you go to 90%?
80%
50%

We look after the 10%?
The 5%
The 1%

It's not about money.

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2017, 04:16 PM
Apologies if this has been covered, but what's in place to ensure that everyone gets a fair crack of the whip at getting tickets, as presumably once you're in the top bracket and can secure away tickets, you'll stay there and accumulate more points than anyone else so will always get the tickets first as nobody would be able to catch up.

Start from zero each season, so how many games attended in the past doesn't count. The commitment has to be ongoing each season; if you snooze you lose.

Iggy Pope
06-12-2017, 04:18 PM

If you go. And keep going. Where's the concern?
There are plenty of tickets available for Aberdeen. Everyone has a fair crack at those. Everyone had a fair crack at Motherwell. Perth. Dingwall. Firhill. Hamilton. Dundee. Everyone.

Blaster
06-12-2017, 04:18 PM
And that's the problem, those who go to every game would love a LP scheme as they are pretty much guaranteed to get a ticket, the folk who don't go to every away game don't want a system introduced as it gives them a chance of a ticket.

I generally only manage to go to a small number of away games but support a loyalty points system. My only concern is that I wouldn’t be able to sit with my mates who go to almost all away games but that’s the way it goes I suppose

Billy Whizz
06-12-2017, 04:28 PM
Extremely prickly BF! As you know none of my group that travel on your bus have AST's as one or two of them only make say 80-90% of the away games so sitting together becomes a problem. Get stuck into the board mate "match" or "bonus" points all the way!!

Only 80/90% Willy?
That’s some attendance

matty_f
06-12-2017, 04:36 PM
If you go. And keep going. Where's the concern?
There are plenty of tickets available for Aberdeen. Everyone has a fair crack at those. Everyone had a fair crack at Motherwell. Perth. Dingwall. Firhill. Hamilton. Dundee. Everyone.

I suppose it depends on the thresholds that are set, but you might get a point where it's only the same people that can get tickets for the games where there is very high demand, but because they get to those games as well then it's only them that'll ever be able to go.

I'm not sure resetting it every year is the answer, if our first two away games were at the Wernham Hogg Arena and Ibrox then having everyone at zero points makes the scheme redundant.

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2017, 04:42 PM
I suppose it depends on the thresholds that are set, but you might get a point where it's only the same people that can get tickets for the games where there is very high demand, but because they get to those games as well then it's only them that'll ever be able to go.

I'm not sure resetting it every year is the answer, if our first two away games were at the Wernham Hogg Arena and Ibrox then having everyone at zero points makes the scheme redundant.

Could refer to last season's points in that circumstance, or make it a rolling two season total. It shouldn't be particle physics to find a compromise that keep the majority happy, though you'll never please everyone.

hibbyfraelibby
06-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Tickets for away games are being sold on behalf of the other team not Hibs. Its their tickets and their game to decide who gets a ticket or not. Most Scottish clubs co-operate and sell tickets only to those on the database but there is no rule requiring them to sell via the visiting club. If you do anything that puts at risk maximising their sales like a restrictive loyalty scheme they may take sales back in house and it would then be a free for all by phone or online via their eticketing site

matty_f
06-12-2017, 04:50 PM
Could refer to last season's points in that circumstance, or make it a rolling two season total. It shouldn't be particle physics to find a compromise that keep the majority happy, though you'll never please everyone.

Yeah I agree with your last sentence.

I only get to the odd away game but wouldn't like to think there's be a point where I knew I had no chance of a ticket for a bigger game (or even a smaller game at a wee stadium like Tiny).

I am in favour of a loyalty scheme in principle, though however because I'm not a regular away attendee I don't have a strong opinion either way.

lyonhibs
06-12-2017, 04:50 PM
Loyalty for match attendance only. Not consumer spend

I don't think the loyalty system is coming back, but if it is, the above must be the core component

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2017, 05:06 PM
Yeah I agree with your last sentence.

I only get to the odd away game but wouldn't like to think there's be a point where I knew I had no chance of a ticket for a bigger game (or even a smaller game at a wee stadium like Tiny).

I am in favour of a loyalty scheme in principle, though however because I'm not a regular away attendee I don't have a strong opinion either way.

A second wave for all home ST holders (after those with requisite away games) would ensure a tranche of tickets available to all who have made the commitment of an ST. Of course the devil is in the detail; the structure would be key to success.

I go to probably one-third to on-half of away games on average. I mightn't get first bite at the cherry, but that's okay.

18Hibee75
06-12-2017, 05:07 PM
Yes. 100%.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

davhibby
06-12-2017, 05:09 PM
Tickets for away games are being sold on behalf of the other team not Hibs. Its their tickets and their game to decide who gets a ticket or not. Most Scottish clubs co-operate and sell tickets only to those on the database but there is no rule requiring them to sell via the visiting club. If you do anything that puts at risk maximising their sales like a restrictive loyalty scheme they may take sales back in house and it would then be a free for all by phone or online via their eticketing site

Hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic all have points systems in place. They all manage to sell away tickets with no problems. The majority of games the sales would be open to all ST holders from the start anyway due to the large allocations available. All the Hibs board need to do is go and ask Hearts how they run their system and implement that with us. Hearts point system doesn't seemed to have hurt their season ticket sales either. Quite a few strange posts on this thread

Argylehibby
06-12-2017, 05:17 PM
I’m not completely against it, but it would have to be a lot better than the last time to get my support.
Imo it turned into a pissing contest to see who had the most points. It should be a system that allows people who can’t get to every game, but make some games, have a better chance of getting a ticket than someone who never goes to any games.

:agree: One of the main complaints last time around was the rich get richer and the answer to that is simply don't give points for games that are likely to sell out. Rangers, Celtic and Hearts games = no points and as everything else goes to public sale points are given for attendance.

wookie70
06-12-2017, 05:20 PM
I would want the system to be as simple as we can make it. I also don't want points awarded for the games that are high demand and low supply. So Tiny, Parkhead and Ibrox would be won on your loyalty points but you wouldn't pull further away from those that wanted to go but couldn't get a ticket. My suggestion would be

1 point per game, home and away, except for Tiny, Parkhead and Ibrox

Season ticket to be used as a membership card for scheme and additional cards can be purchased by those who want to have attendance recorded. This would help with administration costs.If pods can be hooked into the system then walk ups could use card to record attendance. Points to be awarded from a start date with no previous attendance taken into account. We all start at the same point. Points only awarded immediately after game. ie everyone going to ER for the first game of the season would have one point regardless if they are walk up or season ticket holder. Points would roll over for one year only and points for the season before last scrapped.

In my scheme there is no advantage for buying a season ticket apart from what a season ticket is actually for imo. Getting a seat guaranteed for every game the season ticket covers. The added reward is you would have first dibs for that seat for any other games held at Easter Road. Also a free membership card for the loyalty scheme. More than a supporters who walks up to every game at ER even though you pay less. A very good deal.

If you want to buy a season ticket for away games that would remain as the current scheme.

The time to start the loyalty scheme is as soon as possible as those who are threatening to give up their season tickets might not get their seats back when or if they renew. Easy being disloyal if you don't lose out. More of a test if those seats you love aren't guaranteed. All that is needed is the Board to have some backbone and accept football is about more than money.

None of this to be done without a proper fans consultation

Billy Whizz
06-12-2017, 05:25 PM
:agree: One of the main complaints last time around was the rich get richer and the answer to that is simply don't give points for games that are likely to sell out. Rangers, Celtic and Hearts games = no points and as everything else goes to public sale points are given for attendance.

I’d agree with that

beensaidbefore
06-12-2017, 05:27 PM

Therein lies the problem. Those at the top don't want to give up their place at the top of the pile so were purchasing tickets even when they couldn't attend. It was then up to them to pass on or dictate who could attend, not the club, thus negating the whole point system and creating an elite similar to the tartan army situation.

beensaidbefore
06-12-2017, 05:29 PM

Beat me too it😂

Sir David Gray
06-12-2017, 06:03 PM
Absolutely yes.

People who go to the most games should be rewarded with the best chance of getting tickets for the big games.

WhileTheChief..
06-12-2017, 06:06 PM

I made the same point earlier. I think this is exactly what certain people want unfortunately.

If our first match is at Ibrox and we only get 750 tickets, then these people are guaranteed an away ticket for ever more if they keep going as no one can ever catch up.

That to me is pure selfishness and completely unfair on the thousands of others that might want to go to the odd big away game.

This debate is going the same way as it always does. There are two ways for thinking - those that go to away games deserve first dibs and others think that it should a free for all to ST holders first and public sale after.

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2017, 06:10 PM
I made the same point earlier. I think this is exactly what certain people want unfortunately.

If our first match is at Ibrox and we only get 750 tickets, then these people are guaranteed an away ticket for ever more if they keep going as no one can ever catch up.

That to me is pure selfishness and completely unfair on the thousands of others that might want to go to the odd big away game.

This debate is going the same way as it always does. There are two ways for thinking - those that go to away games deserve first dibs and others think that it should a free for all to ST holders first and public sale after.

:faf::faf::faf:

davhibby
06-12-2017, 06:13 PM

750 people don't go to every away game though. Don't understand how people actually think that fans who go pretty much every week, up to Dingwall, Aberdeen at lunchtime live on tv etc should for some reason step aside and miss the biggest games to give others that don't go to those other games a chance. People would easily be able to get derby tickets by just going to just a few away games as our away support is pretty much never over 2000

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2017, 06:20 PM
750 people don't go to every away game though. Don't understand how people actually think that fans who go pretty much every week, up to Dingwall, Aberdeen at lunchtime live on tv etc should for some reason step aside and miss the biggest games to give others that don't go to those other games a chance. People would easily be able to get derby tickets by just going to just a few away games as our away support is pretty much never over 2000

In a nutshell:aok::aok:

Scouse Hibee
06-12-2017, 06:27 PM
I'm all for a new system as long as it rewards the loyalty of the regular attendees to home and away games first. The guys that go away regardless of the opposition or distance should never be disadvantaged from obtaining tickets when tbe demands outstrips the allocation for the "glamour" games.
Only attendance should be rewarded nothing else.

WhileTheChief..
06-12-2017, 06:32 PM

13k ST holders - you’ve got to expect different points of view no?

I could equally say that I don’t understand why you shouldn’t step aside and miss the odd game to give others a chance?!

This thread alone shows that people think differently about it and it’s not as simple as you say.

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2017, 06:35 PM

I could equally say that I don’t understand why you shouldn’t step aside and miss the odd game to give others a chance?!

This thread alone shows that people think differently about it and it’s not as simple as you say.

So by your thinking, if someone goes to every game, they are selfish if they expect Ibrox or Tynie tickets.....Is that right?

WhileTheChief..
06-12-2017, 06:37 PM
So by your thinking, if someone goes to every game, they are selfish if they expect Ibrox or Tynie tickets.....Is that right?

I wouldn’t go that far. Simply saying others should get a chance too, I don’t think that’s too unreasonable?

Baldy Foghorn
06-12-2017, 06:43 PM
I wouldn’t go that far. Simply saying others should get a chance too, I don’t think that’s too unreasonable?

It's not unreasonable if you go to every game, to expect derby tickets?

davhibby
06-12-2017, 06:49 PM

It just so happens that you think the "odd game" peolle should be missing are the biggest games with the highest demand. If that's the case why don't we just have a ballot for people that buy a walk up ticket for a certain home game and give them all a chance at derby tickets? Season ticket holders get to see the team every second week anyway...

WhileTheChief..
06-12-2017, 06:50 PM

I agree with you.

Which takes me back to my original point that there are two ways of looking at it.

I’ve never said one way is better than the other.

HFCdeb
06-12-2017, 06:54 PM
Shouldn't have been scrapped in the first place.

Hugh Munro
06-12-2017, 07:03 PM
Shouldn't have been scrapped in the first place.That's a matter of opinion, I think they were spot on to bin such a divisive scheme which caused division among season ticket holders just to satisfy a small group of people who wanted to have first dibs all the tickets for themselves.

HFCdeb
06-12-2017, 07:09 PM
That's a matter of opinion, I think they were spot on to bin such a divisive scheme which caused division among season ticket holders just to satisfy a small group of people who wanted to have first dibs all the tickets for themselves.

Yep and that's my opinion.
Of course, there's nothing divisive about people attending over 50% of away games having the same priority given as people who attend none for the "glamour" games. In my opinion.
Even if I didn't attend away games (as in the past when I was both time and financially poor) I'd be in favour of a points scheme to allow those who take the time and cost to go to the likes of Dingwall and Aberdeen first refusal for tickets for Ibrox, Tiny etc. It's just common decency. In my opinion.

Sir David Gray
06-12-2017, 07:16 PM

Absolutely agree with you.

Playing devils advocate for a second though, what happens if we ever get to the stage where we're regularly taking about 4000 fans to Rugby Park, Fir Park, McDiarmid Park etc?

We would then have a situation where there's 3500 tickets available for Tynecastle but 4000 people all have a legitimate claim to having the right to buy a derby ticket.

I know it's not something we'll need to worry about any time soon but I just wondered how people would solve that one.

I suppose it just proves that there's no perfect answer but the present situation is certainly far from ideal.

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2017, 07:19 PM
Absolutely agree with you.

Playing devils advocate for a second though, what happens if we ever get to the stage where we're regularly taking about 4000 fans to Rugby Park, Fir Park, McDiarmid Park etc?

We would then have a situation where there's 3500 tickets available for Tynecastle but 4000 people all have a legitimate claim to having the right to buy a derby ticket.

I know it's not something we'll need to worry about any time soon but I just wondered how people would solve that one.

I suppose it just proves that there's no perfect answer but the present situation is certainly far from ideal.

The first tier of tickets on sale would be set at a higher LP number?

Sir David Gray
06-12-2017, 07:23 PM
The first tier of tickets on sale would be set at a higher LP number?

In my hypothetical example, 4000 people go to every away game where we are given such an allocation so the loyalty points for Tynecastle wouldn't be able to be split as 4000 people would all have the same entitlement to 3500 tickets.

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2017, 07:26 PM
In my hypothetical example, 4000 people go to every away game where we are given such an allocation so the loyalty points for Tynecastle wouldn't be able to be split as 4000 people would all have the same entitlement to 3500 tickets.

Ah I see - the same 4000 go all the time? Hypothetical and unrealistic but I suppose it could happen.

When you’re building something like this you’d need to go with assumptions but make them as realistic as possible and develop it if and when the unrealistic stuff becomes more likely. IMO.

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2017, 07:28 PM
That's a matter of opinion, I think they were spot on to bin such a divisive scheme which caused division among season ticket holders just to satisfy a small group of people who wanted to have first dibs all the tickets for themselves.

What? Many clubs have points schemes for away tickets, when there is limited availability. It wasn't divisive nor a 'small group' demanding priority; it was a way of ensuring those who attend the most away games don't miss out on the small number of away games for which there is very high demand. That seems entirely reasonable and fair to me.

Sir David Gray
06-12-2017, 07:34 PM
Ah I see - the same 4000 go all the time? Hypothetical and unrealistic but I suppose it could happen.

When you’re building something like this you’d need to go with assumptions but make them as realistic as possible and develop it if and when the unrealistic stuff becomes more likely. IMO.

Exactly I know it's unrealistic, at least for the foreseeable future, but I'm just pointing out that no system is perfect and people will always be left disappointed.

For the time being, I think the fairest way is bringing back some form of loyalty system whereby the people who go to the most matches are given first shout for tickets where demand outstrips supply.

If we ever get to the stage where 4000 people are going to every away game then we would need to look at the model of the likes of Celtic, Sevco and the big English clubs to see how they distribute their tickets for away games as I'm sure the fans of these clubs face this sort of issue all the time.

Blaster
06-12-2017, 07:54 PM
Although I agree with a loyalty points system we cannot pretend it doesn’t have flaws. As mentioned before I only make a few away games but always go to tynecastle

When loyalty points were on the go, if someone I knew was going to a ticket game (not one that would sell out by the way!) I’d happily get their ticket so I got the loyalty points

Wrong?? Possibly but do I care? Not one bit because it kept me in the 2nd tier for tynecastle tickets

Keith_M
06-12-2017, 08:06 PM
Firstly, buying a Season Ticket gets you exactly that, a Season Ticket. You pay your money and get entry to every home league game. AFAIK, there's no guaranteed extra benefits.

However, the club might want to appease those fans by allocating them a set amount of loyalty points, then give the usual points per away game they used to.

That could theoretically mean somebody might have more loyalty points by attending only away games than a Season Ticket holder, but it's also highly unlikely, so not exactly worth getting your knickers in a twist over it.

Eyrie
06-12-2017, 08:10 PM
I'm an occasional walk up, so wouldn't benefit from any scheme.

But it's clear that the only sensible objection to any scheme that it may affect season ticket sales. The solution to that is simple - give extra points for having a season ticket or for being an early bird.

For example

Early bird - 23 points
Season ticket - 21 points
Home walk up - 1 point per league game*
Home cup game - 1 point per game*
Away game - 1 point per game*, except where the game sells out.

*providing you buy your ticket from Hibs online or by telephone, not from a pod or the home team.

Points carry forward for one season only, so this year you'd keep 2016/17 but would have lost 2015/16.

No points awarded for anything else.

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2017, 08:13 PM
I'm an occasional walk up, so wouldn't benefit from any scheme.

But it's clear that the only sensible objection to any scheme that it may affect season ticket sales. The solution to that is simple - give extra points for having a season ticket or for being an early bird.

For example

Early bird - 23 points
Season ticket - 21 points
Home walk up - 1 point per league game
Home cup game - 1 point per game
Away game - 1 point per game, except where the game sells out.

Points carry forward for one season only, so this year you'd keep 2016/17 but would have lost 2015/16.

No points awarded for anything else.

Fairly simple. Add a disclaimer that you get points when you buy a ticket - nothing for pay at the gate and no backdating of points.

Should be easy to create an automated programme so it saves on admin?

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 08:17 PM
Well its landslide yes vote so far, will the club take note I wonder?

HibeeHibernian4
06-12-2017, 08:17 PM

...yes?

matty_f
06-12-2017, 08:19 PM
Fairly simple. Add a disclaimer that you get points when you buy a ticket - nothing for pay at the gate and no backdating of points.

Should be easy to create an automated programme so it saves on admin?
Just get everyone to join a supporters club and we're sorted :greengrin

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 08:27 PM
Just imagine the meltdown if Hearts turn round and say you're only getting half the stand, thats when you need a points system.

HibeeHibernian4
06-12-2017, 08:34 PM

And I think they were wrong to bin a (slightly) divisive scheme which caused (some) division among season ticket holders just to satisfy a small group of people who threw their toys out of the pram because they couldn't get ticket to the glamour away games anymore.

See how we can both play this game?

Danderhall Hibs
06-12-2017, 08:42 PM
Just get everyone to join a supporters club and we're sorted :greengrin

If everyone joins though we’d need to introduce some kind of system that rewards those that go all the time.

06-12-2017, 08:45 PM
The scheme as planned was a real goer for me. Something I'd been asking about for over a year.Because of my insistent emails on the matter I was even asked to come in and asked my opinion on what was being proposed - which was all linked to attending games."Great" I thought, the Club have eventually got it. No more queuing at silly o'clock to get tickets. Sales will be done in a controlled way where if I have enough points at the time of sale because I've attended matches I'll be able to buy my tickets hassle free. For once an enjoyable purchasing experience. Next minute points being awarded for HSL subscribers and the scheme is then scrapped before we even get the chance to use it.Short sighted decision and very poor customer service.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 08:50 PM
The scheme as planned was a real goer for me. Something I'd been asking about for over a year.Because of my insistent emails on the matter I was even asked to come in and asked my opinion on what was being proposed - which was all linked to attending games."Great" I thought, the Club have eventually got it. No more queuing at silly o'clock to get tickets. Sales will be done in a controlled way where if I have enough points at the time of sale because I've attended matches I'll be able to buy my tickets hassle free. For once an enjoyable purchasing experience. Next minute points being awarded for HSL subscribers and the scheme is then scrapped before we even get the chance to use it.Short sighted decision and very poor customer service.

The scheme was scrapped due to pressure from fans who couldn't get tickets despite knowing fine well what the rules were regarding allocating tickets using points. Then there was the HSL decision.....

Hugh Munro
06-12-2017, 09:02 PM
Well its landslide yes vote so far, will the club take note I wonder?A really representative sample right enough, 77% of 140 people out of 13,000 season ticket holders. A landslide indeed. :LOL:

Hermit Crab
07-12-2017, 12:24 AM
A really representative sample right enough, 77% of 140 people out of 13,000 season ticket holders. A landslide indeed. :LOL:

Well it's better than just making things up and saying fans don't want it where there clearly is a proportion that do.

andybev1
07-12-2017, 12:57 AM
Yes: It should only be based on the number of games attended, not burgers bought at the kiosk or goods bought in the shop. I mostly only go to home games so I would not benefit as much as others but that is what loyalty would mean to me at the basic level and it would not just be someone with deep pockets that benefits.

hibbymark
07-12-2017, 05:16 AM
I’m a Season ticket holder who attends 80-90% of away games and was therefor in the first dibs category for away tickets during the loyalty points scheme days. When it was scrapped I missed out on cup tickets for Tynecastle having not missed a home or away match that season or a derby at Tynecastle for over 20 years . I later managed to get a ticket via dot net for hospitality breakfast at Easter Rd then bus to Tynecastle for the game. I like many others had que’d,phoned/redialled and had every friend and member of my family online trying to get a ticket for me. I remember the desperation and frustration when I was unable to get one.

This year I committed to the away season ticket for the first time. I thought long and hard about it before taking the plunge knowing full well that with k/o times changing,bad weather,work commitments, journeys to the highlands etc that there would be games that I couldn’t attend and the money be debited (not a penny to Hibs) from my account. So far this season Ross County away is the only game I haven’t been able to attend . Having paid for the ticket anyway I offered it free of charge to anyone on here who was traveling up to pay at the gate and even offered to deliver it locally without a single response!

i would 100% be behind a loyalty scheme returning in the most simple form i.e 5points for attending a away game with points total returning to zero at the end of every season. I’m not for buy a pie get a point etc this is a away ticket priority scheme. If the kiosks want to do a buy 4 pies get one free so be it. Maybe loyalty scheme is the wrong name for it and stirs emotions and divisions about what being loyal means ? For this reason I’d call it the away travel club or something similar. Celtic,Rangers ,Hearts ,Aberdeen etc all have these in place. Constant moaners about the scheme have to realise this happens at every club where demand outstrips supply I.e 40k plus season tickets at Celtic 3.8k tickets for Easter Rd. Do the other 41,000 threaten the club with cancelling their season tickets? Does it devalue there season ticket? Should they get one because they subscribe to the clubs tv channel or because dad bought wee Johnny his strip from the shop? No!

Its December 2017 and it looks like we are going to have fans lying outside in sleeping bags trying to get tickets !!! Come on Hibs. A common sense approach here with no grey areas and minimal administration makes much more sense.

Id like to see the fans reps really push this forward in time for next season. Leeann has done a brilliant job at the club but she got it wrong with this one.

Since90+2
07-12-2017, 05:29 AM
Well it's better than just making things up and saying fans don't want it where there clearly is a proportion that do.

It's less than 1% of season ticket holders that have currently said they want it reinstated (that's assuming all who voted yes are season ticket holders , if not the percentage is even less). It's far too small a survey to have any meaningful impact.

I hope this tiny percentage don't start bombarding the club demanding it's brought back as they probably have enough to deal with.

BSEJVT
07-12-2017, 06:33 AM

The problem with what you propose is that is discriminates against folk who don't have eligible children so that would be a complete no no for me.

By all means the child can accrue rights in their own name but they would need to be match based only for me and at a lesser rate than for an adult to stop the old season ticket for cup final ticket dodge.

I also don't like the ideas that those with more cash get better points and would restrict accrual purely to match ticket purchase.

You should IMO be rewarded purely for following the team.

I don't go to that many away games so would get little priority following this method so this isn't me pedalling my own agenda

I would say though that although I believe we should go back to a loyalty scheme it should be secondary to away season tickets (unless demand for those outstrips supply)

If we are going to go back to such a scheme then those that have either home or away season tickets should be polled on scheme design in advance and a majority decision reached.

Once it is agreed any dissenters should politely told by all and sundry to shut the **** up and stop moaning about it in the future.

Individual match priority would be decided by the holders points tally at the time the tickets went on sale.

Tickets should be released early as far as possible (cup games make this tricky) and tiering done in such a way that the upper tiers have a realistic chance of getting a ticket.

That is there is no point in a combination of 5000 folk in various tiers covering a 1000 point gap all applying for 1000 tickets.

When the tickets start to get scare as the upper tiers purchase and their windows close it is inevitable that the final tier will have that scramble.

If we do revisit the issue it is not something we can afford any hassles about in future.

Winston Ingram
07-12-2017, 06:37 AM
Still absolutely ****** unbelievable that we got rid of it.

Argylehibby
07-12-2017, 07:09 AM

Why does their odd game away have to be a big one? What's wrong with supporting the team at Aberdeen if you can only attend one or two a season? It a biggish game and there are usually plenty of seats available.

Phil MaGlass
07-12-2017, 08:14 AM
I don't see how this would impact on ST sales as mentioned by some posters.

The starting point for the loyalty scheme must be a bunch of points for having a season ticket.

As also stated, you can't award points for games where ticket numbers are restricted. That would be rewarding winners twice.

This bit,:aok:
Use the database for selecting big match tickets, so everyone from the away support to ST,s are included and draw from them, then the next Cat A match excludes the previously chosen batch, until everyone gets the chance to an away match, If yi see whit ah mean?

Ritchie
07-12-2017, 08:54 AM

So children have to buy twice as many tickets to get the same priorities as an adult??

Danderhall Hibs
07-12-2017, 09:26 AM
So children have to buy twice as many tickets to get the same priorities as an adult??

:agree: And a parent can’t go to the big away games with the bairn cos they’re in a different LP category despite going to the same number of matches as the adult.

Hibernia&Alba
07-12-2017, 11:27 AM
I’m a Season ticket holder who attends 80-90% of away games and was therefor in the first dibs category for away tickets during the loyalty points scheme days. When it was scrapped I missed out on cup tickets for Tynecastle having not missed a home or away match that season or a derby at Tynecastle for over 20 years . I later managed to get a ticket via dot net for hospitality breakfast at Easter Rd then bus to Tynecastle for the game. I like many others had que’d,phoned/redialled and had every friend and member of my family online trying to get a ticket for me. I remember the desperation and frustration when I was unable to get one.

This year I committed to the away season ticket for the first time. I thought long and hard about it before taking the plunge knowing full well that with k/o times changing,bad weather,work commitments, journeys to the highlands etc that there would be games that I couldn’t attend and the money be debited (not a penny to Hibs) from my account. So far this season Ross County away is the only game I haven’t been able to attend . Having paid for the ticket anyway I offered it free of charge to anyone on here who was traveling up to pay at the gate and even offered to deliver it locally without a single response!

i would 100% be behind a loyalty scheme returning in the most simple form i.e 5points for attending a away game with points total returning to zero at the end of every season. I’m not for buy a pie get a point etc this is a away ticket priority scheme. If the kiosks want to do a buy 4 pies get one free so be it. Maybe loyalty scheme is the wrong name for it and stirs emotions and divisions about what being loyal means ? For this reason I’d call it the away travel club or something similar. Celtic,Rangers ,Hearts ,Aberdeen etc all have these in place. Constant moaners about the scheme have to realise this happens at every club where demand outstrips supply I.e 40k plus season tickets at Celtic 3.8k tickets for Easter Rd. Do the other 41,000 threaten the club with cancelling their season tickets? Does it devalue there season ticket? Should they get one because they subscribe to the clubs tv channel or because dad bought wee Johnny his strip from the shop? No!

Its December 2017 and it looks like we are going to have fans lying outside in sleeping bags trying to get tickets !!! Come on Hibs. A common sense approach here with no grey areas and minimal administration makes much more sense.

Id like to see the fans reps really push this forward in time for next season. Leeann has done a brilliant job at the club but she got it wrong with this one.

Excellent post Mark, and a very good example of the efficacy of a points scheme. Nothing is perfect, but we should be able to allocate tickets better for the small number of fixtures where supply is very limited. Those who have put in most miles over a season deserve first refusal; that shouldn't cause controversy.

Baldy Foghorn
07-12-2017, 11:30 AM
Excellent post Mark, and a very good example of the efficacy of a points scheme. Nothing is perfect, but we should be able to allocate tickets better for the small number of fixtures where supply is very limited. Those who have put in most miles over a season deserve first refusal; that shouldn't cause controversy.

It does though, with those that hardly travel, but want the big game tickets

Phil MaGlass
07-12-2017, 12:21 PM
Just a wee thing, if the away games sold out and folk cant get tickets (and it seems quite a few are in that bracket) maybe the club could beam the game back live to ER and set something up for say a tenner/fiver a pop. It adds to the atmosphere and matchday experience. I for one would go, if I lived in or near Edinburgh.

BSEJVT
07-12-2017, 12:36 PM

That's a very tricky situation

if you could guarantee that there wouldn't be season ticket for Cup Final tickets scenarios I would agree with you, but you only need to look at the FF most games to see how many season tickets are bought to guarantee big game and cup semi and final tickets

Its such a cheap cost to buy a FF season ticket for a child that many seem to abuse the situation

Ozyhibby
07-12-2017, 12:51 PM

if you could guarantee that there wouldn't be season ticket for Cup Final tickets scenarios I would agree with you, but you only need to look at the FF most games to see how many season tickets are bought to guarantee big game and cup semi and final tickets

Its such a cheap cost to buy a FF season ticket for a child that many seem to abuse the situation

We don’t even have a loyalty point system yet and already folk want to limit points given to kids? So I won’t be able to take my boy to big games if we are in different points brackets?
The amount of self interest shown is telling.

Hibernia&Alba
07-12-2017, 12:55 PM
We don’t even have a loyalty point system yet and already folk want to limit points given to kids? So I won’t be able to take my boy to big games if we are in different points brackets?

Not a good idea, IMHO. Unfair and impractical.

Hugh Munro
07-12-2017, 12:58 PM

Its such a cheap cost to buy a FF season ticket for a child that many seem to abuse the situationSurely that could easily put a stop to buy not allowing people to buy adult tickets for other gams using child season ticket ref. No.'s then it would be no good for them to do so?

Perhaps a slight modification to ref. No.s with a prefix or suffix letter added to the client refs. A for Adult, and either a C for Child, O for OAP, S for Student concession tickets and you could only buy the type of ticket to match the ref. No. type.

All full season tickets regardless of category should be equal as should all half seasons.

Edit: not sure why I put students in there, they should pay double and get half :greengrin

BSEJVT
07-12-2017, 01:08 PM

How you could extrapolate that from the quoted post escapes me?

You don't see that some smart *******s abusing the system as I outlined creates a problem?

I have made it clear I don't go to many away games so exactly what self interest am I exhibiting?

The folk that buy away season tickets should get to go first go as they are committed to all away games.

Next, in order of games attended, the folk that go to away games be they men women or children should always get priority to go to other away games.

If your child goes to away games with you they get to go on the same priority basis as other away game attendees, if they don't why should they have priority over others that do go?

What could be simpler?

Next priority should be attending home season ticket holders.

Whether we can get a system that protects the integrity of that ideal I have my doubts.

Adopting that approach would lump me in with all the other home season ticket holders who don't regularly attend away games and that's absolutely fair.

Fair is fair and I defy you to see any self interest in the above or for that matter the quoted post.

Ozyhibby
07-12-2017, 01:49 PM
How you could extrapolate that from the quoted post escapes me?

You don't see that some smart *******s abusing the system as I outlined creates a problem?

I have made it clear I don't go to many away games so exactly what self interest am I exhibiting?

The folk that buy away season tickets should get to go first go as they are committed to all away games.

Next, in order of games attended, the folk that go to away games be they men women or children should always get priority to go to other away games.

If your child goes to away games with you they get to go on the same priority basis as other away game attendees, if they don't why should they have priority over others that do go?

What could be simpler?

Next priority should be attending home season ticket holders.

Whether we can get a system that protects the integrity of that ideal I have my doubts.

Adopting that approach would lump me in with all the other home season ticket holders who don't regularly attend away games and that's absolutely fair.

Fair is fair and I defy you to see any self interest in the above or for that matter the quoted post.

Apologies, not aimed at you personally but there is a post above yours advocating giving kids half as many points per game as adults. Such a system would result in myself and the wee man in different points brackets. If that was the case then we would not be able to go together.

BSEJVT
07-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Apologies, not aimed at you personally but there is a post above yours advocating giving kids half as many points per game as adults. Such a system would result in myself and the wee man in different points brackets. If that was the case then we would not be able to go together.

No problem

If you go you get to go is my simple take on it

If you don't, don't start moaning about it

As I say I don't go but would guess, the unknown of cup fixtures excepted, that there are 6 games max a season that demand outstrips supply

If you go to all the others you should be well placed to get a ticket in those 6

Eyrie
07-12-2017, 07:26 PM
It's less than 1% of season ticket holders that have currently said they want it reinstated (that's assuming all who voted yes are season ticket holders , if not the percentage is even less). It's far too small a survey to have any meaningful impact.

I hope this tiny percentage don't start bombarding the club demanding it's brought back as they probably have enough to deal with.

Judging by the posts on .net both now and when we did have a loyalty points system, it was an even tinier percentage whose whining had the points stopped because it didn't suit their personal circumstances.

I realise that the poll is a small sample, but equally the split is too large to simply be dismissed. It demonstrates that it would be worthwhile for the club to look into reinstating some form of points system. There have been a number of good points made on here on the factors that should be considered before reaching a final decision.

CropleyWasGod
07-12-2017, 08:24 PM
LD seemed in no mood tonight to reinstate or reintroduce any scheme.

The only thing that might change her mind, if I understood her, would be if we were to consistently sell out our allocation for ALL away games.

Speedy
07-12-2017, 08:57 PM
I think there should be one (those who go to most games deserve first shot at tickets - even if it was limited to say first 30% tickets in tier 1 before it goes go ST holders in tier 2) but sadly people have created an unnecessary issue out of it so it's not worth the hassle.

CentreLine
07-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Just a wee thing, if the away games sold out and folk cant get tickets (and it seems quite a few are in that bracket) maybe the club could beam the game back live to ER and set something up for say a tenner/fiver a pop. It adds to the atmosphere and matchday experience. I for one would go, if I lived in or near Edinburgh.

:thumbsup: Great suggestion!!!

Not sure if the rules allow it, but if they do hopefully someone at the club will at least look at the possibility

CentreLine
07-12-2017, 09:04 PM
LD seemed in no mood tonight to reinstate or reintroduce any scheme.

The only thing that might change her mind, if I understood her, would be if we were to consistently sell out our allocation for ALL away games.

Did I hear correctly that AST holders are assured of tickets for every away game. Could this be the answer to all the controversy about ELHSC? If they all hold ASTs then they are quite right to submit names in advance?

hibbysam
07-12-2017, 09:07 PM
Did I hear correctly that AST holders are assured of tickets for every away game. Could this be the answer to all the controversy about ELHSC? If they all hold ASTs then they are quite right to submit names in advance?

No, in short. AST holders are given tickets and money taken direct from their account in advance. No need for a supporters club to take money, apply for tickets, assign Client Reference No’s etc.

CentreLine
07-12-2017, 09:09 PM
No, in short. AST holders are given tickets and money taken direct from their account in advance. No need for a supporters club to take money, apply for tickets, assign Client Reference No’s etc.

Thanks, I keep trying to be a happy clapper about this one. Still watching with interest :not worth

Baldy Foghorn
07-12-2017, 10:36 PM

AST holders are assured a ticket for every ticketed away game.

kaimendhibs
07-12-2017, 10:55 PM
Yes

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Winston Ingram
08-12-2017, 08:30 AM
Using this poll as a sample makes it even more baffling that the points system was every binned.

Get it back pronto!

Baldy Foghorn
08-12-2017, 09:00 AM
Using this poll as a sample makes it even more baffling that the points system was every binned.

Get it back pronto!

No danger of it coming back. It was said by LD last night it won't be happening

Kojock
08-12-2017, 09:16 AM

That is not the case, I'm waiting on Tracey posting an update.

Kojock
08-12-2017, 09:20 AM
No danger of it coming back. It was said by LD last night it won't be happening

LD has done a lot of good for Hibs but IMHO getting rid of the loyalty points without even trying to tweak the system was a massive mistake and has divided the fans even more. Then she allows certain supporters clubs to preorder tickets before the go on sale, as I say I'm waiting on Tracey posting an update.

hibby6270
08-12-2017, 09:33 AM
I’m not bothered either way.

However, what should never be lost or devalued is the ability of a ST holder to have first call (with Away ST holders being the obvious exception) on any away tickets, home cup tickets, semi & final tickets. At the very least it should be on a one for one basis. If after a specified period a ST holder doesn’t take advantage of that privilege, tickets going on general sale is the right thing to do.

ST holders are the lifeblood of any club and should never be relegated to the ranks of those who walk up and buy home tickets from time to time. Admittedly, every individual has different financial circumstances but those who make the commitment of support for a whole season (for both home and/or away games, should always be treated as priority.

Kojock
08-12-2017, 09:56 AM
I’m not bothered either way.

However, what should never be lost or devalued is the ability of a ST holder to have first call (with Away ST holders being the obvious exception) on any away tickets, home cup tickets, semi & final tickets. At the very least it should be on a one for one basis. If after a specified period a ST holder doesn’t take advantage of that privilege, tickets going on general sale is the right thing to do.

ST holders are the lifeblood of any club and should never be relegated to the ranks of those who walk up and buy home tickets from time to time. Admittedly, every individual has different financial circumstances but those who make the commitment of support for a whole season (for both home and/or away games, should always be treated as priority.

So someone who can afford a season ticket should get priority over someone who can't afford one but pays at the gate every week.

hibby6270
08-12-2017, 10:10 AM
So someone who can afford a season ticket should get priority over someone who can't afford one but pays at the gate every week.

ST holders don’t need to shell out a lump sum any more. For many years, with the instalment payment scheme available, buying an ST shouldn’t be an issue to those who pay at the gate every home game. Works out at approx £30 a month over the 12 months, so not much more than a single game walk up price. Or am I missing something here?

Unless your suggesting that walk ups can only afford to pay out for 9 or 10 months a year and for some reason have no funds available during the close season? Can’t see that being the case.

I’m not saying walk ups are less of a supporter than ST holders but ST holders are making a long term commitment and imo should be given priority for sales of other tickets. It’s how it has always been and can’t think of an argument against that way of thinking.

Bostonhibby
08-12-2017, 10:19 AM
ST holders don’t need to shell out a lump sum any more. For many years, with the instalment payment scheme available, buying an ST shouldn’t be an issue to those who pay at the gate every home game. Works out at approx £30 a month over the 12 months, so not much more than a single game walk up price. Or am I missing something here?

Unless your suggesting that walk ups can only afford to pay out for 9 or 10 months a year and for some reason have no funds available during the close season? Can’t see that being the case.

I’m not saying walk ups are less of a supporter than ST holders but ST holders are making a long term commitment and imo should be given priority for sales of other tickets. It’s how it has always been and can’t think of an argument against that way of thinking.It's come up before, but there are many like me who are walk ups / not season ticket holders because distance has a bearing on the number of games we attend.

Some consciously spend more on the club than the value of a season ticket through shareholding, HSL, leithlinks and the like.

I never expect them to be ahead of ST holders in the queue for tickets but would expect to be treated fairly in every other ticket issue when tickets go on general sale after ST holders entitlements are dealt with. No advantage sought, just the same chance as everyone else who isn't a ST holder.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
08-12-2017, 10:30 AM
People keep mentioning fairness. I’m in favour of the current set up but I freely admit it’s not fair. If I thought it was about fairness I would be on the side of those wanting the loyalty points. I can totally see their point of view and have some sympathy with it.
But for me it’s all about protecting the value of the season ticket so that sales can be maintained. And don’t forget, this discussion started at a time when they were at about 7000 and falling.
So I understand where everyone is coming from when they talk about fairness. I just think that for this it has to be ignored.
And the club probably think the same way and as with the Sevco review decision, they have put commercial interests above fairness. I agree with one decision and not the other but I’m now accepting both.

Baldy Foghorn
08-12-2017, 10:35 AM
People keep mentioning fairness. I’m in favour of the current set up but I freely admit it’s not fair. If I thought it was about fairness I would be on the side of those wanting the loyalty points. I can totally see their point of view and have some sympathy with it.
But for me it’s all about protecting the value of the season ticket so that sales can be maintained. And don’t forget, this discussion started at a time when they were at about 7000 and falling.
So I understand where everyone is coming from when they talk about fairness. I just think that for this it has to be ignored.
And the club probably think the same way and as with the Sevco review decision, they have put commercial interests above fairness. I agree with one decision and not the other but I’m now accepting both.

It is a fair scheme for those that attend as many matches as they can

Kojock
08-12-2017, 10:48 AM

I’m not saying walk ups are less of a supporter than ST holders but ST holders are making a long term commitment and imo should be given priority for sales of other tickets. It’s how it has always been and can’t think of an argument against that way of thinking.

There are folks out there who don't like taking anything on credit or have enough credit commitments each month or can't get credit. I know a couple of people who are unsure about how safe their job is and could be made redundant any time. There is no way they would commit to taking anything on credit.

CentreLine
08-12-2017, 11:41 AM
This is where I am after the AGM last night.

LD spoke very well and very clearly. She doesn't need it as she can make her own points without help from anyone but she has my full support.

Within limits of my ever decreasing memory I will try my best to cover this. Without intending to put words in her mouth:

LD explained that the points system had not been successful and one of the principal reasons for that was that it was clear that one group of supporters were in danger of becoming the only group able to access tickets for the major away games. It is not the wish of the club to have elitist groups.

That said, no system is perfect but the introduction of the AST had gone a long way to addressing the "away" needs of supporters.

The assured income from ST sales was the single most important revenue source when planning for subsequent seasons and making the budget available for the manager to have the best possible team on the park. Protecting this source was one significant consideration when dealing with the day to day running of the club. It would be wrong of the club to lose sight of that.

The restricted numbers of tickets available to away fans at The Rangers (I don't think she said "the") and Celtic , meant that tickets for these games are always over subscribed. Similarly, the local rivalry with hearts ensures that that game too is over subscribed. Outside of these games no away fixture is sold out by the club. The away support at every game has been phenomenal. The club and particularly NL and the squad are very grateful indeed to have that backing. But to date no other fixture has taken up the full available allocation of tickets for away games. When the club gets to that point then it may have to look again at where the allocation of away tickets goes.

On a similar note, she was asked about the possibility of Hibs fans occupying part of the south at the up-coming The Rangers game. She responded that it is the desire of the club to make as many seats available to home fans as possible but the club must also look to the income streams and ensure that there is a balance. Again, when the club is getting to a sustained period where availability is outstripped by demand at every game then it will have to look at this situation. We have record ST sales but we are not yet there. The closer that situation gets, however, underlines the value of a ST. However, she was confident that our three sides of the stadium will always out sing and out support any away fans.

Now to my take on that.

As it stands the club have no plans to introduce a loyalty scheme. The games against rantic and hearts will continue to have the entire south stand turned over to their support. The club is in a very good place but has ambitions to go a lot further.

My further take is that there was never a more important time to have a ST if you can possibly afford it, both for the benefit of the club and for our own benefit as supporters. I appreciate that there are people for whom that is not practicable or possible but the reality is that our ST numbers are substantial for the size of our ground and far outstrip the numbers of tickets available for any away ground in Scotland. If even a fraction of the ambition for our club, outlined last night by LD, is realised then numbers are only going to grow. This is a long-term approach but this club is capable of going a long way under her leadership.

Hermit Crab
08-12-2017, 11:58 AM
This is where I am after the AGM last night.

LD spoke very well and very clearly. She doesn't need it as she can make her own points without help from anyone but she has my full support.

Within limits of my ever decreasing memory I will try my best to cover this. Without intending to put words in her mouth:

LD explained that the points system had not been successful and one of the principal reasons for that was that it was clear that one group of supporters were in danger of becoming the only group able to access tickets for the major away games. It is not the wish of the club to have elitist groups.

That said, no system is perfect but the introduction of the AST had gone a long way to addressing the "away" needs of supporters.

The assured income from ST sales was the single most important revenue source when planning for subsequent seasons and making the budget available for the manager to have the best possible team on the park. Protecting this source was one significant consideration when dealing with the day to day running of the club. It would be wrong of the club to lose sight of that.

The restricted numbers of tickets available to away fans at The Rangers (I don't think she said "the") and Celtic , meant that tickets for these games are always over subscribed. Similarly, the local rivalry with hearts ensures that that game too is over subscribed. Outside of these games no away fixture is sold out by the club. The away support at every game has been phenomenal. The club and particularly NL and the squad are very grateful indeed to have that backing. But to date no other fixture has taken up the full available allocation of tickets for away games. When the club gets to that point then it may have to look again at where the allocation of away tickets goes.

On a similar note, she was asked about the possibility of Hibs fans occupying part of the south at the up-coming The Rangers game. She responded that it is the desire of the club to make as many seats available to home fans as possible but the club must also look to the income streams and ensure that there is a balance. Again, when the club is getting to a sustained period where availability is outstripped by demand at every game then it will have to look at this situation. We have record ST sales but we are not yet there. The closer that situation gets, however, underlines the value of a ST. However, she was confident that our three sides of the stadium will always out sing and out support any away fans.

Now to my take on that.

As it stands the club have no plans to introduce a loyalty scheme. The games against rantic and hearts will continue to have the entire south stand turned over to their support. The club is in a very good place but has ambitions to go a lot further.

My further take is that there was never a more important time to have a ST if you can possibly afford it, both for the benefit of the club and for our own benefit as supporters. I appreciate that there are people for whom that is not practicable or possible but the reality is that our ST numbers are substantial for the size of our ground and far outstrip the numbers of tickets available for any away ground in Scotland. If even a fraction of the ambition for our club, outlined last night by LD, is realised then numbers are only going to grow. This is a long-term approach but this club is capable of going a long way under her leadership.

So basically because the big game hunters/johnny come latelys don't fancy the Kilmarnocks, Ross county, Dundee away games etc there will be no points system brought back. The club are also happy for fans, many of whom are regulars at aways to queue up overnight in the freezing cold to get said "big game" tickets because the online system is extremely unreliable. They club also seem happy to take orders from a supporters club who get to bypass the freezing cold queues and the online lottery, making them elite fans who have the cigars out when the clock turns 9am when tickets go on sale knowing they are sorted. The club said the LP system was isolating a group of elite fans, well if the club had managed the LP system properly they wouldn't have been in that position in the first place. Now its the regular away fans becoming isolated because they cant commit to an away ST but are likely to miss out on the bigger matches as 13k ST holders become eligible for the sales at the same time. Incredible!

hibbyfraelibby
08-12-2017, 12:07 PM
Closing in on nearly 14k season tickets and only 150 voting for a new loyalty scheme. Overwhelming support? Mmmm...

CentreLine
08-12-2017, 12:09 PM
So basically because the big game hunters/jphnny come latelys don't fancy the Kilmarnocks, Ross county, Dundee away games etc there will be no points system brought back. The club are also happy for fans, many of whom are regulars at aways to queue up overnight in the freezing cold to get said "big game" tickets because the online system is extremely unreliable. They club also seem happy to take orders from a supporters club who get to bypass the freezing cold queues and the online lottery. Incredible.

To be fair she didn't say any of that.

Your point about "big game hunters is very relevant IMO as it is only the big games that seem to get people's dander up.
People have always queued for tickets, freezing cold and balmy warm. It's what we did before internet and mobile phones
The supporters club question I do not know the answer but IMO and in their defence, I would suggest that supporters clubs have been the life blood of our support through the bad times and good. This very recent upturn in fortunes of the club is none of their doing. Supporters clubs are the very definition of supporter loyalty IMHO and were a "Loyalty Scheme" long before the name was thought up. I am not a supporter club member but, to the best of my knowledge their doors are open to all.

Hibernia&Alba
08-12-2017, 12:10 PM
How are away tickets allocated to supporters clubs?

Hermit Crab
08-12-2017, 12:12 PM
Closing in on nearly 14k season tickets and only 150 voting for a new loyalty scheme. Overwhelming support? Mmmm...

Do all 14k ST holders post on here??? No, Have the majority who post on here voted for it??? Yes. Its still a yes vote done by Hibs fans so you have to accept the results on here.

Hermit Crab
08-12-2017, 12:13 PM
How are away tickets allocated to supporters clubs?

Apparently you get your members to add their names and client reference numbers to a list and then you send the list to Hibs asking for 30-40-50 tickets.

Since90+2
08-12-2017, 12:14 PM
The CEO confirmed last night it wont be coming back. I think some folk will have to accept its not returning and move on.

Hibernia&Alba
08-12-2017, 12:16 PM
Apparently you get your members to add their names and client reference numbers to a list and then you send the list to Hibs asking for 30-40-50 tickets.

Are the clubs guaranteed the tickets for all games?

Hermit Crab
08-12-2017, 12:18 PM
To be fair she didn't say any of that.

Your point about "big game hunters is very relevant IMO as it is only the big games that seem to get people's dander up.
People have always queued for tickets, freezing cold and balmy warm. It's what we did before internet and mobile phones
The supporters club question I do not know the answer but IMO and in their defence, I would suggest that supporters clubs have been the life blood of our support through the bad times and good. This very recent upturn in fortunes of the club is none of their doing. Supporters clubs are the very definition of supporter loyalty IMHO and were a "Loyalty Scheme" long before the name was thought up. I am not a supporter club member but, to the best of my knowledge their doors are open to all.

Only since the cup win has there been a surge in supporters buses going to away games. Not that long ago it was common for there only to be 2, sometimes 3 buses at away games, and sometimes only 1 bus would travel at a loss to games. In fact I can remember my bus having to share with another branch (can't remember the name of it) on several occasions due to the numbers being that poor.

Hermit Crab
08-12-2017, 12:18 PM
Are the clubs guaranteed the tickets for all games?

I'm not privy to that information.

CentreLine
08-12-2017, 12:33 PM
Only since the cup win has there been a surge in supporters buses going to away games. Not that long ago it was common for there only to be 2, sometimes 3 buses at away games, and sometimes only 1 bus would travel at a loss to games. In fact I can remember my bus having to share with another branch (can't remember the name of it) on several occasions due to the numbers being that poor.

All that seems a good thing to me and shows a healthy improvement in the club’s fortunes. No?

Hermit Crab
08-12-2017, 12:35 PM
All that seems a good thing to me and shows a healthy improvement in the club’s fortunes. No?

Not if deals are being done to give certain branches tickets its not!

Geo_1875
08-12-2017, 12:56 PM
Not if deals are being done to give certain branches tickets its not!

Not trying to start an argument here but imagine East Lothian guys don't get tickets for away games so cancel the bus (losing deposits), or run it at a loss. Say this happens a few times over the season and the supporters branch loses money, folds and guys start wondering if it's worth buying a season ticket if they have to take public transport or drive themselves to Easter Road. If they drive themselves to ER they won't beable to take advantage of their discounted HSC membership and have a few drinks before the game. So say they are so disheartened that they all say f$%k it, I'm not going back. How many STs does that cost HFC? I don't know but there must be 40+. That's a wee hit for Hibs but there will be others affected similarly. If they all fall away that's a bigger hit for Hibs. Would the remaining season ticket holders be happy to pay another £50-100 a year to cover the loss? All because someone couldn't get a ticket for Ibrox.

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2017, 01:03 PM
Not trying to start an argument here but imagine East Lothian guys don't get tickets for away games so cancel the bus (losing deposits), or run it at a loss. Say this happens a few times over the season and the supporters branch loses money, folds and guys start wondering if it's worth buying a season ticket if they have to take public transport or drive themselves to Easter Road. If they drive themselves to ER they won't beable to take advantage of their discounted HSC membership and have a few drinks before the game. So say they are so disheartened that they all say f$%k it, I'm not going back. How many STs does that cost HFC? I don't know but there must be 40+. That's a wee hit for Hibs but there will be others affected similarly. If they all fall away that's a bigger hit for Hibs. Would the remaining season ticket holders be happy to pay another £50-100 a year to cover the loss? All because someone couldn't get a ticket for Ibrox.

Hire a smaller bus, the full buses will make a profit that would offset any loss for what is 4 away games at most, where smaller buses or shared buses can be used.

We use a car, it costs the same amount of petrol whether 5 of us go or 1, can we have some early tickets too?

Hibernia&Alba
08-12-2017, 01:04 PM

When the supporters branches are also travelling to every game, then I have no issue with their being allocated tickets for biggest games, even if there isn't a points scheme. Organising buses etc is a lot of time and effort, and, if they're prepared to travel to Dingwall, it's only fair they can go to Tynecastle. The diehards shouldn't be missing out; it's those who travel to Dingwall but miss out for Tynecastle I feel for.

scoopyboy
08-12-2017, 01:11 PM
Hire a smaller bus, the full buses will make a profit that would offset any loss for what is 4 away games at most, where smaller buses or shared buses can be used.

We use a car, it costs the same amount of petrol whether 5 of us go or 1, can we have some early tickets too?

Four buses Blackpool?

Kojock
08-12-2017, 01:29 PM
Four buses Blackpool?

Doesn't seem that long ago when it was a struggle to fill one bus, Oh for the old days when we were crap and tickets were never a problem lol

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Four buses Blackpool?

What is 4 buses scoopy?

:confused:

Kojock
08-12-2017, 01:30 PM
What is 4 buses scoopy?

One more than three but one less than five.

scoopyboy
08-12-2017, 01:31 PM
What is 4 buses scoopy?

4 for away games you said.

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2017, 01:32 PM
One more than three but one less than five.

:greengrin is it 4 buses each game, or 4 buses in total?

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2017, 01:36 PM
4 for away games you said.

Ah right 4 buses in total, that might be affected, is that not what i said? :confused:

Kojock
08-12-2017, 01:38 PM
Ah right 4 buses in total, that might be affected, is that not what i said? :confused:

Could be six if Hear7s and Rantic finish in the top 6 and even more for cup games.

Geo_1875
08-12-2017, 01:38 PM

1. Smaller buses aren't proprtionately cheaper. You don't get an 18 seater for half the price of a 36 seater. Losses still accrue.

2. I can't be certain but I think out of town supporters clubs would struggle to share buses with others due to the nature of them being out of town and usually remote from each other.

3. Your car doesn't use the same amount of petrol when loaded differently. It's just not possible on a journey of any length.

scoopyboy
08-12-2017, 01:45 PM

I questioned your four, would it not be six?

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2017, 01:45 PM
1. Smaller buses aren't proprtionately cheaper. You don't get an 18 seater for half the price of a 36 seater. Losses still accrue.

Good point

2. I can't be certain but I think out of town supporters clubs would struggle to share buses with others due to the nature of them being out of town and usually remote from each other.

Another good point, one i had not thought of.

3. Your car doesn't use the same amount of petrol when loaded differently. It's just not possible on a journey of any length.

Not really, its anywhere between £60-£65 with 1 or 5 in the car, neither here nor there between 5, but a hit if only 1.

Geo_1875
08-12-2017, 01:47 PM
Not really, its anywhere between £60-£65 with 1 or 5 in the car, neither here nor there between 5, but a hit if only 1.

The difference would be more if you were driving the same route in the same conditions and Miss Daisy wasn't navigating.

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2017, 01:53 PM
I questioned your four, would it not be six?

Is it 6, if it is then that is worse, that would be 6 games where people are getting tickets before some folk because they happen to use a bus.

scoopyboy
08-12-2017, 01:57 PM
Is it 6, if it is then that is worse, that would be 6 games where people are getting tickets before some folk because they happen to use a bus.

I do enjoy a discussion with you Blackpool.:greengrin

Why not go the whole hog and go 18 or maybe more if you include away cup ties? That's much worse than 6.

Or does it not matter that we get tickets for Kilmarnock, Partick, Ross County, Hamilton etc.

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2017, 02:05 PM
I do enjoy a discussion with you Blackpool.:greengrin

Why not go the whole hog and go 18 or maybe more if you include away cup ties? That's much worse than 6.

Or does it not matter that we get tickets for Kilmarnock, Partick, Ross County, Hamilton etc.

:greengrin we are not going to agree on this scoopy. :wink: As i said to you yesterday, you all deserve a gold clock for running buses each week, and of course you will actually be running more buses because of home games too.

I just dont think its right just because someone happens to travel on a bus they should get preferential treatment above those who travel by train or car.

The away season ticket is freely available for everyone, ever season ticket holder should then have as much chance as anyone else for tickets.

Since90+2
08-12-2017, 02:09 PM
The whole discussion about priority allocations for supporters coaches might be mute as it may not occur but it would be good if one of the fans reps could actually clear it up one way or the other.

The Modfather
08-12-2017, 02:35 PM

Sounds like those of us who don't use supporters busses, and prefer to make our own travel arrangements, are then being disadvantaged. Not sure because someone travels on a bus to games rather than by train or car makes them anymore deserving of a ticket for the big games.

What if all supporters busses are guaranteed x amount of tickets for away games. How many people might think twice about a season ticket when by the time players and supporters busses take their share for the big games and there's not much of a realistic chance of getting tickets in the scramble. Would the supporters busses pay x amount to cover the cost of the fans who then give up their season ticket? Neither scenario is very likely, you either want to the games you are able to or you don't.

It's simple for me, we've got the away season ticket and then all other season ticket holders should have equal opportunity for tickets.

scoopyboy
08-12-2017, 02:58 PM
:greengrin we are not going to agree on this scoopy. :wink: As i said to you yesterday, you all deserve a gold clock for running buses each week, and of course you will actually be running more buses because of home games too.

I just dont think its right just because someone happens to travel on a bus they should get preferential treatment above those who travel by train or car.

The away season ticket is freely available for everyone, ever season ticket holder should then have as much chance as anyone else for tickets.

Can I get a draw Blackpool? :greengrin Sick of getting beat all the time.

It can be hard work but I look on it as a labour of love. In 2015/2016 I think I counted we ran 53 or 54 buses but the reward at the end of the season made it all worthwhile and more.

Ironic thing is I get pelters at times from my own members, and this week I am getting it from everywhere.

Since90+2
08-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Scoopyboy - Does your bus receive ticket allocations from the club ahead of sales to season ticket holders?

hibbyfraelibby
08-12-2017, 03:18 PM
Do all 14k ST holders post on here??? No, Have the majority who post on here voted for it??? Yes. Its still a yes vote done by Hibs fans so you have to accept the results on here.

It's a poll taken amongst a small geeky internet obsessed forum audience (yeah me included). It is not a representative sample of even the total number of registered members of .Net

If you took a poll amongst Flat Earters asking if the world is flat you would get a flat earth result but 6bn people haven't voiced their support either.

The point I am making is dont read too much in to a statistically insignificant sample size just because it supports your arguement.

We have seen this with the "dead club" issue and with the loyalty scheme issue. The forumistas dont represent the view of a mainly agnostic support they just represent the views of a relatively small number of vocal inward looking activists

blackpoolhibs
08-12-2017, 04:50 PM
Can I get a draw Blackpool? :greengrin Sick of getting beat all the time.

It can be hard work but I look on it as a labour of love. In 2015/2016 I think I counted we ran 53 or 54 buses but the reward at the end of the season made it all worthwhile and more.

Ironic thing is I get pelters at times from my own members, and this week I am getting it from everywhere.

:agree: An honorable one :greengrin

Eyrie
08-12-2017, 06:04 PM

Let's turn that round.

Supposing it was public knowledge that the supporters clubs would get priority for away tickets? That could lead to a rise in membership for them with a knock on effect that more people then want to travel to games, making it easier for them to cover their costs.

Billy Whizz
08-12-2017, 06:19 PM
This is how Celtic allocate tickets in their loyalty scheme

Dundee away
Ladbrokes Premiership
Tue, December 26 2017
Kick-off 12:30
Tickets for this match are now on sale to Season Ticket Holders who meet the following criteria:
Attended 7 or more domestic away matches in Season 2017/18, or;
Attended 6 domestic away matches in Season 2017/18 and 12 or more domestic away matches in Season 2016/17.

Purchases made for Hibernian Away and Hearts Away are not included as qualifying matches for this criteria as these matches have not yet been played.

Doesn’t look to hard to implement

Blaster
08-12-2017, 06:42 PM
This is how Celtic allocate tickets in their loyalty scheme

Dundee away
Ladbrokes Premiership
Tue, December 26 2017
Kick-off 12:30
Tickets for this match are now on sale to Season Ticket Holders who meet the following criteria:
Attended 7 or more domestic away matches in Season 2017/18, or;
Attended 6 domestic away matches in Season 2017/18 and 12 or more domestic away matches in Season 2016/17.

Purchases made for Hibernian Away and Hearts Away are not included as qualifying matches for this criteria as these matches have not yet been played.

Doesn’t look to hard to implement

To be fair Billy they have no choice as they sellout all 19 away games

We sell out max 6. And it’s only recently we’ve consistently sold our parkhead and ibrox prior to public sale. I am for loyalty points but this is not a fair comparison

Speedy
09-12-2017, 06:20 AM
To be fair Billy they have no choice as they sellout all 19 away games

We sell out max 6. And it’s only recently we’ve consistently sold our parkhead and ibrox prior to public sale. I am for loyalty points but this is not a fair comparison

The fact they sell out every game, there is an argument against a loyalty points scheme - how is anyone else ever meant to get a ticket.

You could argue they need an away season ticket option.

I disagree with what LD says - given it's the big games that cause the problem gives more of a reason to have a scheme. That said, I believe it is less about elitist groups and more about costing Hibs more effort than it is worth - and I couldn't really disagree with that.

kevinc
09-12-2017, 07:12 AM
Sounds like those of us who don't use supporters busses, and prefer to make our own travel arrangements, are then being disadvantaged. Not sure because someone travels on a bus to games rather than by train or car makes them anymore deserving of a ticket for the big games.

What if all supporters busses are guaranteed x amount of tickets for away games. How many people might think twice about a season ticket when by the time players and supporters busses take their share for the big games and there's not much of a realistic chance of getting tickets in the scramble. Would the supporters busses pay x amount to cover the cost of the fans who then give up their season ticket? Neither scenario is very likely, you either want to the games you are able to or you don't.

It's simple for me, we've got the away season ticket and then all other season ticket holders should have equal opportunity for tickets.

I don't think that all supporters buses/branches have this arrangement with Hibs.

ronaldo7
09-12-2017, 07:49 AM
I've had to accept the clubs position on, The Rangers, and am happy to accept their position on the LP system. I can understand the position of those in favour of an LP system, however that last one was a disaster. Started in the middle of the season, HSL, giving points for some games and not others, and the ticket office having to spend all day answering questions about how many loyalty points wee johnny has got.

Let's not get started on the equality issues of the scheme with disabled supporters and their carers.

If ever the club do get round to setting up a new system, it will have to be thought through with all supporters groups involved.

marinello59
09-12-2017, 08:25 AM
I've had to accept the clubs position on, The Rangers, and am happy to accept their position on the LP system. I can understand the position of those in favour of an LP system, however that last one was a disaster. Started in the middle of the season, HSL, giving points for some games and not others, and the ticket office having to spend all day answering questions about how many loyalty points wee johnny has got.

Let's not get started on the equality issues of the scheme with disabled supporters and their carers.

If ever the club do get round to setting up a new system, it will have to be thought through with all supporters groups involved.

Good post. If there ever is another scheme it can't be rushed in to.

tamig
09-12-2017, 09:06 AM
Good post. If there ever is another scheme it can't be rushed in to.

A loyalty points scheme can work quite simply. It really doesn’t have to be complicated at all. It’s when points start getting awarded for non-game related elements that things start to get messy.

marinello59
09-12-2017, 09:14 AM
A loyalty points scheme can work quite simply. It really doesn’t have to be complicated at all. It’s when points start getting awarded for non-game related elements that things start to get messy.

You can't get any simpler than what we have at the moment, everybody who has paid for a Season Ticket up front has the chance of a ticket to an away game. And you can guarantee one by opting in to the Away ST scheme.
Now as soon as you change that you start alienating one group or another. Not really that simple is it?

tamig
09-12-2017, 09:22 AM
You can't get any simpler than what we have at the moment, everybody who has paid for a Season Ticket up front has the chance of a ticket to an away game. And you can guarantee one by opting in to the Away ST scheme.
Now as soon as you change that you start alienating one group or another. Not really that simple is it?
You’re alienating right there. Not everyone will have the means to purchase home and/or away STs but they could attend the majority - if not all games.

marinello59
09-12-2017, 09:32 AM
You’re alienating right there. Not everyone will have the means to purchase home and/or away STs but they could attend the majority - if not all games.

That sort of proves my point then doesn't it? Finding a scheme that pleases nearly everyone isn't that easy.

Kojock
09-12-2017, 10:50 AM

I didn't take up the option of an AST despite going to all away games as I disagreed with the scrapping of the LP scheme and the principles of the AST. Hibs don't want to create an elitist group of fans but this is what will happen with the AST as they limit the numbers to 350 and I'm pretty sure given the difficulties in getting away tickets for the big 3 that that number will be reach next season. We now have a 350 club that no one else can join until someone leaves.