PDA

View Full Version : St. Patrick's Branch meeting.......Q and A Gordon Rae and Paul Kane

GORDONSMITH7
05-12-2017, 11:49 PM
There is the Hibs AGM clashing with our Branch meeting.The meeting will take place upstairs in the Pat Stanton Suite at 7.30. Since our Branch formation from very humble beginnings with 5 members in 2010 we have had some really cracking Q and A's at our meetings over the past seven years. Call me an auld daft Hibby but I have found that the speakers who were Hibs fans gave us that wee more bit edge and they get it.....Michael Weir and Keith,Keith, Keith, Sir Patrick with wee Jimmy, Ralph and Jackie, Darren and Danny....Big Gordon and Kano will be the same believe me.

Not much notice folks however if you fancy giving the guys a question. Ye ken the score, nae daftie stuff amigos. I will endeavour to ask them all.

Thanks amigos

GGTTH

BIG G

Baader
06-12-2017, 12:28 AM
Sounds great G. Wish I could be there. Two great Hibbys who served our club very well.

Gordon was captain when I was mascot v Dundee in 1984. Hibs won 2-0 with Kano scoring both. It was Gordon Durie's debut for Hibs.

Would like to know if Kano left because of Alex Miller. He was possibly our best player at the time but was not being played in his best position. I remember him being used at right back. Always thought he'd end up back at Hibs which I think was a missed opportunity for both parties. Wonder if he feels the same - although he joined a good Dons side.

Gordon Rae's favourite game for us would be good to know. Also how he felt being moved from a forward to a centre half. And how that came about.. Gordon has a good goal scoring ratio for a centre half, think he averaged more than one in ten! Cheers and all the best.

confused
06-12-2017, 07:06 AM
I remember Gordon playing a friendly against , Dunbar United F.C. His Dad captained the side when they won the junior cup in 60-61, I remember him looking all around the the changing room and wondering what his thoughts were .

GORDONSMITH7
06-12-2017, 01:31 PM
Thanks.
Will do.

BIG G

Viva_Palmeiras
06-12-2017, 05:11 PM
Sounds great G. Wish I could be there. Two great Hibbys who served our club very well.

Gordon was captain when I was mascot v Dundee in 1984. Hibs won 2-0 with Kano scoring both. It was Gordon Durie's debut for Hibs.

Would like to know if Kano left because of Alex Miller. He was possibly our best player at the time but was not being played in his best position. I remember him being used at right back. Always thought he'd end up back at Hibs which I think was a missed opportunity for both parties. Wonder if he feels the same - although he joined a good Dons side.

Gordon Rae's favourite game for us would be good to know. Also how he felt being moved from a forward to a centre half. And how that came about.. Gordon has a good goal scoring ratio for a centre half, think he averaged more than one in ten! Cheers and all the best.

Following on from that - what did Kano make of Millers habit of playing players out of position? Was it fair on the player?

What was it like having a player the quality of Archibald in the team?

Gordon - after being sent off at Tynie did you still reckon we’d win it?

Both - is it harsh to describe the Hearts traditional style of play as physical / agricultural?

And what was it with the record against Hearts - psychological after a while - did Miller run out of ideas/belief.

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2017, 05:47 PM
Its nights like these and especially a few of the others, that i really miss not living back in leith. :boo hoo:

Viva_Palmeiras
06-12-2017, 07:18 PM
And finally Kano - with reference to overhead kicks - how many assists did you have :)

Viva_Palmeiras
10-12-2017, 07:27 PM
Any notes folks?