PDA

View Full Version : The Great Winner of Corner Kicks

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2017, 12:00 PM
Seems like Fyvie is doing well for himself at United. Good to see that he’s proving that he is capable at that level and is carving out a decent career for himself.

A modern day legend and a Scottish Cup hero!

WeveGotMcginn
05-12-2017, 12:10 PM
:agree: scored a couple of belters, canny remember him doing that for us, good player & felt sorry for him taken off after 20 minutes or so against the sheep in the semi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fergus52
05-12-2017, 12:51 PM
Has Stanton not been playing well there also?

Shame that Laslo went to them, was developing a wee soft spot for them recently due to their strong ex hibs contingent.

CallumLaidlaw
05-12-2017, 12:58 PM

Shame that Laslo went to them, was developing a wee soft spot for them recently due to their strong ex hibs contingent.

Couple of Utd supporting mates haven't been overly impressed with Keatings or Stanton but really like Fyvie - team is basically built around him.

MWHIBBIES
05-12-2017, 02:51 PM
Best player in that league, would easily cut it in this one. Still think letting him go for free was one of the stupidest things we've done in an otherwise great 2/3 years.

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2017, 02:57 PM
Best player in that league, would easily cut it in this one. Still think letting him go for free was one of the stupidest things we've done in an otherwise great 2/3 years.
Well established Championship player, could possibly do a job at someone like Ross County or Dundee if he was to take the step up. Wouldn't get near our squad or any other current top six sides with the exception of Hearts though. Decent player in what is a poor league quality wise.

MWHIBBIES
05-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Well established Championship player, could possibly do a job at someone like Ross County or Dundee if he was to take the step up. Wouldn't get near our squad or any other current top six sides with the exception of Hearts though. Decent player in what is a poor league quality wise.The best championship player who strolls into every team in the bottom 7 of this league and would be a very good option for us. We had 6 subs on Saturday ffs, Fyvie would probably have started.

Liam89
05-12-2017, 03:02 PM

He wasn't happy with being a sub so getting rid of him to a club he can start every week was best for both parties.

ancient hibee
05-12-2017, 03:04 PM
I would have liked him to stay but he wanted to shop around and turned down the offer.When he realised he’d made a mistake the offer had been withdrawn.He was a free agent.

RIP
05-12-2017, 03:25 PM

The Fyvie thread after he was released would have given him confidence I'm sure. Vast majority were gutted to see him go,my family included.

greenlex
05-12-2017, 03:59 PM
The Fyvie thread after he was released would have given him confidence I'm sure. Vast majority were gutted to see him go,my family included.
Add me to the list. I wish him well.

CMurdoch
05-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Get him back when his contract expires

IlDiavola
05-12-2017, 04:40 PM

Not sure if you're being serious?

If you've developed a wee soft spot for a team, is the appointment of an ex Hearts manager [who, by the way, wasn't very good for then I hasten to add :greengrin], really that important?

Genuine question.

H18 SFR
05-12-2017, 04:47 PM
Not sure if you're being serious?

If you've developed a wee soft spot for a team, is the appointment of an ex Hearts manager [who, by the way, wasn't very good for then I hasten to add :greengrin], really that important?

Genuine question.

I met Laslo several times through my old work, he is a really, really nice guy.

Johnny_Leith
05-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Replacement for SJM when the time comes?

IlDiavola
05-12-2017, 04:58 PM
Replacement for SJM when the time comes?

Good call :aok:

Pete
05-12-2017, 05:01 PM
“The great Winner of corner kicks?”

:confused:

lyonhibs
05-12-2017, 05:04 PM
“The great Winner of corner kicks?”

:confused:

Won the first one on 21.05 IIRC.

Anyway, a Hibs legend. Maybe we have better now, but his return certainly wouldn't weaken our squad. Not likely I imagine but still. A legend.

Onceinawhile
05-12-2017, 06:00 PM
Won the first one on 21.05 IIRC.

Anyway, a Hibs legend. Maybe we have better now, but his return certainly wouldn't weaken our squad. Not likely I imagine but still. A legend.

And set up stokes for his shot which won the second corner too.

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 06:06 PM
And set up stokes for his shot which won the second corner too.

Yip, his intelligence as a sitting midfielder to realise that we had a opportunity of a quick break from a throw in, then to delay the pass to stokes so that the defender dropped deeper played a huge part in the third goal.

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2017, 06:08 PM
Loving all these memories of Fyvie!

Winning the corner, playing the ball wide to Stokes, anyone got any others?