PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Jack: Rangers appeal against midfielder's red card against Aberdeen - http://www

Tynie01011973
04-12-2017, 06:02 PM
Huns appeal Ryan Jacks latest red card.
If he gets off with this one, will it set a record for most red cards (3 out of 4) to be rescinded in a season?

Sir David Gray
04-12-2017, 06:10 PM
There's no chance of that being rescinded.

I don't think there was any malice intended but it didn't look good on the replays and I don't see what grounds they have for appeal.

Firestarter
04-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Jacks pony I hope they win the appeal.

steelendhibs
04-12-2017, 06:22 PM
Heard that if he loses the appeal he is suspended for 2 games which means he would miss the game against us. Not sure if that would be good or bad for us

Golden Bear
04-12-2017, 06:30 PM
They're surely extracting the urine by appealing this one?.

Arch Stanton
04-12-2017, 06:32 PM
Heard that if he loses the appeal he is suspended for 2 games which means he would miss the game against us. Not sure if that would be good or bad for us

Certainly safer - I thought it was a terrible tackle.

weecounty hibby
04-12-2017, 06:33 PM

Why, the die has been cast. Headbutt and a knee to the groin and a push at the same time are all acceptable now after the last two appeals. No one should be surprised if the appeal is successful.

Tynie01011973
04-12-2017, 06:33 PM

Will be a 3 game suspension-2 for red card +1 as had previously had red card suspension this season

RoscoHibby
04-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Was a ridiculous tackle. Only trumped by their decision to appeal. Hope he gets an extra game for their audacity. As he should. Was every bit the pantomime hun in the game, got what he deserved. Even if rangers got more than they did (that dive from Windass...!)

Hibernia&Alba
04-12-2017, 06:35 PM

I said on another thread they must confident that the 'Rangers men' in suits will do the business for them. They've some front appealing that.

Big L
04-12-2017, 08:51 PM
Will be a 3 game suspension-2 for red card +1 as had previously had red card suspension this season

Sweet! He likes to put it about, dirty git.

Bostonhibby
04-12-2017, 09:00 PM
I said on another thread they must confident that the 'Rangers men' in suits will do the business for them. They've some front appealing that.They're probably lining up some compensation and an apology [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Argylehibby
04-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Willie Miller and co on Radio Scotland didn't think it was worthy of a red card at the time.:rolleyes:

Bishop Hibee
04-12-2017, 09:03 PM
Potential leg breaker. If the red is rescinded then anything goes. Hibs players will need extra thick shin pads for Christmas before going to Tiny.

04-12-2017, 09:14 PM
Knew exactly what he was doing when he left his foot in. He should be hammered for it but I won't be surprised if it gets rescinded. The whole process is a joke.

AgentDaleCooper
04-12-2017, 09:18 PM
it's clearly a dangerous tackle, regardless of whether he got the ball or not. intent has nothing to do with it, it's the same as having high feet, if you get the ball but also put your foot through someone's face, you're sent off, surely?

Hibee Mac
04-12-2017, 10:18 PM
Really can't stand him as a player, thinks he's a hard man when all he does is leave the foot in and square up to someone any chance he can get.

WeveGotMcginn
04-12-2017, 11:09 PM
Shocking tackle, knew what he was doing following through & surprised May didn’t end up with a broken leg. Would not be shocked at all if his bans reduced though[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve-O
05-12-2017, 12:36 AM
There's no chance of that being rescinded.

I don't think there was any malice intended but it didn't look good on the replays and I don't see what grounds they have for appeal.

I actually think the opposite - malice was intended. He tried to disguise it to make it look like a follow through from his pass, but he knew what he was doing. IMO.

calumhibee1
05-12-2017, 04:23 AM
I actually think the opposite - malice was intended. He tried to disguise it to make it look like a follow through from his pass, but he knew what he was doing. IMO.

Agree with this. A *****bags tackle which he tried to dress up as a follow through from striking the ball. Hope somebody does the wee rat a serious injury.

patlowe
05-12-2017, 06:02 AM

100%. I would be amazed if he gets off with it. Well, I wouldn't actually but he definitely shouldn't. Follow through from a pass just does not work like that, particularly with that force. He chanced his arm to leave one on May. Very, very poor - I hate seeing ankles hit like that.

JimBHibees
05-12-2017, 06:19 AM
Willie Miller and co on Radio Scotland didn't think it was worthy of a red card at the time.:rolleyes:

Willie wouldnt as he had a career full of they sort of tackles. Can remember him doing Brian Rice at Pittodrie back in the day?

easty
05-12-2017, 08:02 AM
It's a clear red card for me, you can see in the wee rats face that he's going to try and hurt May.

They're quite right to appeal though. If the one he got at Killie can be rescinded then every red card in the league should be appealed. Obviously a panel of jokers decide. Might as well go for it.

J-C
05-12-2017, 08:04 AM
There was no malice in the tackle but it was a reckless one, he had no control and that will be in the refs report and the reason he was shown a red.

GreenCastle
05-12-2017, 08:16 AM
Red all day long. Not even a discussion.

Still amazed he got off the other 2 red cards.

If he gets off this one - makes Scottish Football a laughing stock once again.

Bill Milne
05-12-2017, 09:20 AM
I saw that The Rangers were appealing the red card and couldn't help wondering if they know something we don't!! Is the make up of the referral committee such that any appeal they make will be succesful?

ancient hibee
05-12-2017, 09:48 AM
Think there’s usually at least one former player.Boyd and Commons spotted the tackle for what it was,disgraceful.

Sioux
05-12-2017, 09:54 AM
There was no malice in the tackle but it was a reckless one, he had no control and that will be in the refs report and the reason he was shown a red.

How do you know?

Hibernia&Alba
05-12-2017, 10:04 AM
I saw that The Rangers were appealing the red card and couldn't help wondering if they know something we don't!! Is the make up of the referral committee such that any appeal they make will be succesful?

Appeals panel - Mr Mason Boyne, Mr A Hunn, Mr Billy McBigot, Mrs Sasha Orange.

The Rangers decided they'd chance their arm.

Aldo
05-12-2017, 10:58 AM
4th Red card of the season shows the lad has serious issues on the park. However with no consequence and the others having been rescinded his attitude will never change. Potential career threatened injury will occur if he continues in the same manner week in week out.

J-C
05-12-2017, 12:26 PM
How do you know?

I watched it a few times in slow-mo and to me it doesn't look deliberate, reckless. yes!

The speed at which he goes in makes it very hard for him to control himself in the follow through, he does get to the ball first but he has no control of himself which makes it a straight red.

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 12:41 PM
4th Red card of the season shows the lad has serious issues on the park. However with no consequence and the others having been rescinded his attitude will never change. Potential career threatened injury will occur if he continues in the same manner week in week out.

He should have been sent off last midweek, the fact he wasn’t even booked tells you all you need to know about Dallas’ performance. He swans around booting people and gets away with it, unsurprising when he has already got away with a headbutt and a boot this season so far. 5 reds, all justified, and should’ve had more, yet they manage to win some appeals. Hope he wins this one as SJM will run rings around him next week.

WeveGotMcginn
07-12-2017, 11:37 AM
Appeal dismissed will be banned for the next 3 games including vs us, not quite sure why he’s not got an extra match added for the unsuccessful appeal- surely everyone will appeal red cards now on the chance it’ll be rescinded knowing they won’t get a harsher punishment ?

Since90+2
07-12-2017, 11:41 AM
I believe it costs money to appeal , though not sure how much , which is probably meant to serve as the deterant for putting in appeals you know you are likely to lose.

hibbysam
07-12-2017, 11:43 AM
Appeal dismissed will be banned for the next 3 games including vs us, not quite sure why he’s not got an extra match added for the unsuccessful appeal- surely everyone will appeal red cards now on the chance it’ll be rescinded knowing they won’t get a harsher punishment ?

It was always going to be 3 games I believe, probably to do with his disciplinary record.

WeveGotMcginn
07-12-2017, 11:55 AM
I believe it costs money to appeal , though not sure how much , which is probably meant to serve as the deterant for putting in appeals you know you are likely to lose.

Ah fair doos mate[emoji1360]

Hibernia&Alba
07-12-2017, 12:10 PM
Still shaking my heid that they tried to appeal that.

ancient hibee
07-12-2017, 12:13 PM
Last season it was £1000 per appeal which is repaid if the card is rescinded.

mjhibby
07-12-2017, 12:15 PM

I'm sure it's a grand which is why we only appeal if we think we have a good chance of winning.

timewilltell
07-12-2017, 12:56 PM
Jack banned for 3 games.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42266316

theonlywayisup
07-12-2017, 01:08 PM
Jack banned for 3 games.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42266316

Pity! Marvin Bartley would have made mincemeat of him.

essexhibee
07-12-2017, 03:20 PM
Good. Horrible tackle and glad I wont have to see his face in HD. One of those faces youd never tire of punching.

We need to beat these **** come the game at ER put them back into their place.