PDA

View Full Version : Hearts tickets - online and at Ticket Office

Pages : [1] 2

wookie70
04-12-2017, 11:04 AM
Watching Frank and Tracey and it is confirmed the plans for the derby match are for online sales with some held back for face to face sales. The vast majority of fans can surely get online these days or at least has someone they know that can do it for them. Seems senseless queuing in the frozen cold for a ticket. Of course a loyalty scheme would sort this nonsense out. As it is I have only been to a few away games this year so it will advantage me this year but still think those going to the away games regularly should be given preference.

The reason for the face to face sales was that fans had said they wanted the opportunity to queue up. That was the reason that we lost the loyalty scheme. Is it just a case of if you shout loudest you get heard or is there some science in these matters. Do we make decisions trying to support the majority of fans viewed.

lyonhibs
04-12-2017, 11:32 AM
Watching Frank and Tracey and it is confirmed the plans for the derby match are for online sales with some held back for face to face sales. The vast majority of fans can surely get online these days or at least has someone they know that can do it for them. Seems senseless queuing in the frozen cold for a ticket. Of course a loyalty scheme would sort this nonsense out. As it is I have only been to a few away games this year so it will advantage me this year but still think those going to the away games regularly should be given preference.

The reason for the face to face sales was that fans had said they wanted the opportunity to queue up. That was the reason that we lost the loyalty scheme. Is it just a case of if you shout loudest you get heard or is there some science in these matters. Do we make decisions trying to support the majority of fans viewed.

Was that on that Facebook page? If anyone has a summary of what was discussed in general I'm sure that there's plenty on here that would find that to be of interest

Billy Whizz
04-12-2017, 11:46 AM

Queuing up overnight in December is not on

Craig_HFC
04-12-2017, 11:48 AM

Certainly seems to be. That's why the loyalty points system was scrapped in the first place...

Mikey
04-12-2017, 11:58 AM
Queuing up overnight will guarantee you a ticket if you go early enough but I'll be taking my chances online.

C Feeney-Seale
04-12-2017, 12:02 PM

Where can we find this information? I haven't seen anything on the official website on this yet...

green&left
04-12-2017, 12:04 PM

Think the reason we lost the loyalty scheme was because somehow a donation to an independent HSL got you loyalty points for Hibernian FC :cb

Happy that its both online and and in person at the ticket office though.

Ozyhibby
04-12-2017, 12:25 PM
Purchasing a season ticket should always put you in with a shout of a Tynecastle ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallumLaidlaw
04-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Where can we find this information? I haven't seen anything on the official website on this yet...

There hasn't been an official announcement on this game yet, but they were asked the question during a live Q&A and gave the answer.

SChibs
04-12-2017, 01:02 PM
Purchasing a season ticket should always put you in with a shout of a Tynecastle ticket.

But a much smaller chance than someone who buys a season ticket and goes to 50%+ away games

Hermit Crab
04-12-2017, 01:22 PM
This is nonsense, there should be no queuing overnight these days for tickets, especially in December. Technology exists nowadays for all sales to migrate online or phone. There should be no face to face sales for these matches, only online or telephone.

If Hibs feel they need to do face to face sales for this then they need to be transparent and tell fans exactly how many tickets are for sale at the ticket office and how many will be available online and the phone and have staff on hand during the night to hand out vouchers and close the queue once the limit is reached and update social media to save people coming down and getting turned away!

Hermit Crab
04-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Queuing up overnight in December is not on

Effin sure its not! :no way:

hibsforeurope
04-12-2017, 01:43 PM
High demand games like the Derby and recent trips to Ibrox/Parkhead should be online/Phone only. There is no need to have a physical queue of people outside the ticket office.
Reducing the amount of queue's needed should also speed up the process.

Tickets bought in person should only be for general sales or games expected to go to general sale.

wookie70
04-12-2017, 01:52 PM
Most can't afford a day off work either so makes it more exclusive.

Since90+2
04-12-2017, 01:53 PM
Should be online sales only as its putting folk at an advantage who either live locally or can easily get time off work.

wookie70
04-12-2017, 01:54 PM
Possibility of those who have bought a half season ticket getting equal chance too. The first game for the half season is the game after Hearts. Good way of increasing sales but will make it harder to get a ticket.

lucky
04-12-2017, 02:03 PM
Should be a choice of league or cup but not both

Nakedmanoncrack
04-12-2017, 02:31 PM

In the (ludicrous) absence of a loyalty scheme, I would agree. Those who get a ticket for the first game shoukd go to back of queue for the cup one.

SteveHFC
04-12-2017, 02:33 PM

Luckily i don't have to queue up this time round. :smug:

They should bring back the loyalty points for this game.

Ozyhibby
04-12-2017, 02:36 PM
But a much smaller chance than someone who buys a season ticket and goes to 50%+ away games

Not for me. Season ticket sales are the most important income stream for the club. Buying your season ticket should give you an equal chance with all other season ticket holders. And hopefully these two big games against the yams encourages a few more half season ticket sales as well.
We want the best players we can afford and the way we do that is by encouraging as many fans as possible to buy a season ticket. An increased chance of a ticket for Tynecastle is a great benefit of being a season ticket holder. We should not be doing anything to take away perks of being a season ticket holder. Especially perks that cost the club no money to deliver.

Geo_1875
04-12-2017, 02:36 PM
This is nonsense, there should be no queuing overnight these days for tickets, especially in December. Technology exists nowadays for all sales to migrate online or phone. There should be no face to face sales for these matches, only online or telephone.

If Hibs feel they need to do face to face sales for this then they need to be transparent and tell fans exactly how many tickets are for sale at the ticket office and how many will be available online and the phone and have staff on hand during the night to hand out vouchers and close the queue once the limit is reached and update social media to save people coming down and getting turned away!

At more cost to the club.

Kojock
04-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Not for me. Season ticket sales are the most important income stream for the club. Buying your season ticket should give you an equal chance with all other season ticket holders. And hopefully these two big games against the yams encourages a few more half season ticket sales as well.
We want the best players we can afford and the way we do that is by encouraging as many fans as possible to buy a season ticket. An increased chance of a ticket for Tynecastle is a great benefit of being a season ticket holder. We should not be doing anything to take away perks of being a season ticket holder. Especially perks that cost the club no money to deliver.

That's where I disagree, a season ticket guarantees your seat for every home game and that's it, why should someone who has never been to an away game in years have the same chance as regular away fans. The loyalty points was maybe requiring a few tweaks but in essence there was not a lot wrong with it.

Hermit Crab
04-12-2017, 03:21 PM
At more cost to the club.

Yeah it is, but they are (allegedly) choosing to sell tickets from the office so they should have the appropriate staffing levels in place to close the queue early and dish out vouchers and keep fans informed on social media. This game will be sold out by lunch time guaranteed.

Hermit Crab
04-12-2017, 03:22 PM
That's where I disagree, a season ticket guarantees your seat for every home game and that's it, why should someone who has never been to an away game in years have the same chance as regular away fans. The loyalty points was maybe requiring a few tweaks but in essence there was not a lot wrong with it.

100% agree. Johnny come lately season ticket holder for the first time has the same chance as someone who's be going home and away for years is wrong imo of course.

Hermit Crab
04-12-2017, 03:23 PM
Luckily i don't have to queue up this time round. :smug:

They should bring back the loyalty points for this game.

No, they should bring back the LP's full stop!

we are hibs
04-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Everyone who wants one will get a ticket once hearts give us half their unsold main stand

SteveHFC
04-12-2017, 03:45 PM
No, they should bring back the LP's full stop!
:aok:

Ozyhibby
04-12-2017, 03:48 PM
100% agree. Johnny come lately season ticket holder for the first time has the same chance as someone who's be going home and away for years is wrong imo of course.

I welcome new fans to the club and recognise them as being just as important to the club as those who have been going for years. Those committing to a season ticket for the first time should be treated equally to those who have been long term season tickets.
It’s harder to attract new fans if we are going to make them feel like have to serve time before certain privileges are open to them.
Get a season ticket and your in as far as I’m concerned. All welcome as far as I’m concerned. The more we have, the better the standard of player I get to watch. Win win.

Since90+2
04-12-2017, 03:58 PM
Whilst we are seeing record season ticket sales the club wont be going anywhere near the LP issue again. As had been mentioned for some its an important perk that for high demand games you get at least a chance of a ticket as a season ticket holder , if the club reinstate LP it risks harming season ticket sales which they wont do.

Its not want some want to hear unfortunately but the club will be looking at it from a purely financial point of view.

wookie70
04-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Whilst we are seeing record season ticket sales the club wont be going anywhere near the LP issue again. As had been mentioned for some its an important perk that for high demand games you get at least a chance of a ticket as a season ticket holder , if the club reinstate LP it risks harming season ticket sales which they wont do.

Its not want some want to hear unfortunately but the club will be looking at it from a purely financial point of view.

I think you are correct. The club views revenue far more than loyalty and home fans . Their only concern in terms of tickets is how many we sell at Easter Road with Season Tickets being their main focus. It works both ways of course as I attended far more games away from home when the loyalty point scheme was in play. I knew there would be games I wanted to go to and I made the effort to get to as many away games as time and money allowed to get those hard to get tickets. I can now fall in with all the season ticket holders who practically never venture out of Edinburgh and have as much chance as a ticket as any season ticket holder outwith the away season ticket holders. It says to me cash is far more important than support and that is pretty much what is ruining football. You need away fans to make it a spectacle. While we are doing well that won't be too much of an issue but in my 40 odd years doing well tends to be fleeting and not valuing a fans loyalty is a dangerous game in the bad times.

ben johnson
04-12-2017, 05:53 PM
High demand games like the Derby and recent trips to Ibrox/Parkhead should be online/Phone only. There is no need to have a physical queue of people outside the ticket office.
Reducing the amount of queue's needed should also speed up the process.

Tickets bought in person should only be for general sales or games expected to go to general sale.

The last Cup game at Tynecastle the online system could not handle the volume of supporters wanting tickets. A good friend of mine was locked out throughout the morning and if it was not for me in the queue outside the TO he would not have gone to the game. He goes to every game and has for over forty years.
We need the loyalty points back IMO.

DTS
04-12-2017, 06:29 PM
All but guaranteed to miss out on a ticket as they’ll go on sale Monday-Friday and I work 9-5 as do all the rest of our party, only saving grace will be if they go on sale December 15th when I’m off but that’s a Friday so no chance

I'm_cabbaged
04-12-2017, 06:39 PM
Only been to two away matches as to date this season and I find it ludicrous that I’ve got the same chance as someone who’s never missed a match. That said, given the chance I’m going to try!!

jodjam
04-12-2017, 06:44 PM
I welcome new fans to the club and recognise them as being just as important to the club as those who have been going for years. Those committing to a season ticket for the first time should be treated equally to those who have been long term season tickets.
It’s harder to attract new fans if we are going to make them feel like have to serve time before certain privileges are open to them.
Get a season ticket and your in as far as I’m concerned. All welcome as far as I’m concerned. The more we have, the better the standard of player I get to watch. Win win.

Totally agree. It’s part of the attraction of the season ticket for me

I'm_cabbaged
04-12-2017, 06:52 PM

A scheme that starts afresh every season or two?

Baldy Foghorn
04-12-2017, 07:06 PM

In the (ludicrous) absence of a loyalty scheme, I would agree. Those who get a ticket for the first game shoukd go to back of queue for the cup one.

Jesus wept

Carheenlea
04-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Then second most supportive fans of the club behind the small band of away ST holders face the option of camping out in middle of winter to secure their seat, or join the lottery of trying to secure tickets along with those who pick and choose the more attractive matches. A ridiculous situation, and guaranteed there will be fans who will be among the hundreds at the likes of Dingwall and Aberdeen who will miss out to big game hunters. Nothing to suggest the policy adopted by the club is going to change soon. It's buy an away ST or tough luck. Not LD's finest hour.

erin go bragh
04-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Every season ticket holder who wants a ticket should have their name put in a ballot. The loyalty points system was the best way to avoid situations like this but because a few didn't like it we now have this nonsense.

Ozyhibby
04-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Every season ticket holder who wants a ticket should have their name put in a ballot. The loyalty points system was the best way to avoid situations like this but because a few didn't like it we now have this nonsense.

Or maybe the club realised that it devalues their main product and decided that is not a good idea?

Billy Whizz
04-12-2017, 07:51 PM
Or maybe the club realised that it devalues their main product and decided that is not a good idea?

Think one person made this decision Ozy. Seems strange we are the only top team, who doesn’t have a scheme

EH54
04-12-2017, 08:06 PM
With hearts attendances dropping and they way they are playing at the moment we should ask for extra tickets :na na:

Argylehibby
04-12-2017, 08:10 PM

The problem is that everyone, including me, will argue for what suits them best and they will make compelling arguements for that view as you do here. I'm in the opposite camp though as I attend the majority of away games. The players need that support away from home just as much as they need the support at home. Ok the club don't see cash in bank for that away support but if it's worth a few points a season the club get the cash that way. If I've gone to Dingwall, Partick etc. I don't see why I should miss out on Tynecastle because a big game hunter decides they fancy that as their one "away" game this season.

Loyalty points and the away season ticket scheme both had / have an elite group who were guaranteed a ticket for the big away games but loyalty points allowed the size of the elite group to vary depending on the number of tickets available. With loyalty points 50 / 60 percent of tickets could go to those with the points the rest available to season ticket holders once that period is over. Yes it's less availability than the lot going on sale at one time but it gives both camps a decent compromise.

Billy Whizz
04-12-2017, 08:10 PM
With hearts attendances dropping and they way they are playing at the moment we should ask for extra tickets :na na:

Good point
They are selling half season tickets just now. Maybe the reason we’re waiting to hear from them. Probably selling them for the Roseburn end, and they will have to be moved to the home end

InchHibby
04-12-2017, 08:12 PM
Totally agree. It’s part of the attraction of the season ticket for me

I totally agree too, whether you’ve bought a season ticket for thirty years or one year, we should all be in the same hat for tickets. We all have to start somewhere.
I do understand though and feel for those who can’t afford the outlay of a season ticket, and there money is every bit as important, but there has to be some sort of loyalty given to those that do buy season tickets.

04-12-2017, 08:12 PM
Think one person made this decision Ozy. Seems strange we are the only top team, who doesn’t have a schemeOh so true!

Argylehibby
04-12-2017, 08:19 PM
I totally agree too, whether you’ve bought a season ticket for thirty years or one year, we should all be in the same hat for tickets. We all have to start somewhere.
I do understand though and feel for those who can’t afford the outlay of a season ticket, and there money is every bit as important, but there has to be some sort of loyalty given to those that do buy season tickets.

But not to those who go to support the team every week home and away? At a meeting discussing loyalty appoints that was attended by former captain Jackie McNamara I asked him how important the away fans were. Answer, very important, really lifts the team to come out and see a load of fans in the away end.

Ozyhibby
04-12-2017, 08:30 PM
But not to those who go to support the team every week home and away? At a meeting discussing loyalty appoints that was attended by former captain Jackie McNamara I asked him how important the away fans were. Answer, very important, really lifts the team to come out and see a load of fans in the away end.

Those who go to every away game are covered as they will have the away season ticket.

04-12-2017, 08:32 PM

Yes, in the absence of a loyalty scheme it should be done by ballot (once the away season ticket holders tickets have been accounted for). That would save the need for queueing overnight, the online scramble or paying Ticketmaster a fortune trying to get through.

Billy Whizz
04-12-2017, 08:40 PM
Yes, in the absence of a loyalty scheme it should be done by ballot (once the away season ticket holders tickets have been accounted for). That would save the need for queueing overnight, the online scramble or paying Ticketmaster a fortune trying to get through.

And if you’re a season ticket holder who gets one, and doesn’t want to go?
Give it to a non season ticket holder possibly!

04-12-2017, 08:47 PM
Was there not some sort of ballot for the cheats cup final ?

Carheenlea
04-12-2017, 08:47 PM
It doesn't matter how many different suggestions people offer - none will be fairer than a simple loyalty point scheme.

Kojock
04-12-2017, 08:50 PM

What about non season ticket holders surely by your argument they should be afforded the same privileges and should have an equal chance for away tickets.

04-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Not missed a game at PBS since the 90s and have been at games where we haven't sold out ( the deeks penalty game ). Gutted I may miss one of the next two or both although don't know what is the fairest way for allocation.

04-12-2017, 09:05 PM
It doesn't matter how many different suggestions people offer - none will be fairer than a simple loyalty point scheme.Find myself agreeing again.

erin go bragh
04-12-2017, 09:10 PM

Season ticket holders who want a ticket Billy . They get their names put in a ballot. Not every season holder 😂

Ozyhibby
04-12-2017, 09:12 PM
What about non season ticket holders surely by your argument they should be afforded the same privileges and should have an equal chance for away tickets.

My argument has nothing to do with fairness. It is all about increasing the amount of season ticket holders we have. The more people who buy season tickets, the better players we get.
I hope we sell loads of half season tickets over the next couple of weeks as folk look to secure Tynecastle tickets.
I know this means that my own chances of getting a ticket are diminished but I’m happy with that if it brings more income to the club.
Not everyone in this argument is suggesting schemes that suit themselves.

04-12-2017, 09:14 PM

I was agreeing with erin go bragh who'd said that every season ticket holder who wants one should go in the ballot.

I don't really see why the loyalty scheme was scrapped as it would be the fairest method. I seem to recall we were told it was because that was what fans wanted but I could be wrong.

Argylehibby
04-12-2017, 09:20 PM
Those who go to every away game are covered as they will have the away season ticket.

Not everyone who goes every week signed up for an away season ticket for various reasons

wookie70
04-12-2017, 09:24 PM
The problem is that everyone, including me, will argue for what suits them best and they will make compelling arguements for that view as you do here. I'm in the opposite camp though as I attend the majority of away games. The players need that support away from home just as much as they need the support at home. Ok the club don't see cash in bank for that away support but if it's worth a few points a season the club get the cash that way. If I've gone to Dingwall, Partick etc. I don't see why I should miss out on Tynecastle because a big game hunter decides they fancy that as their one "away" game this season.

Loyalty points and the away season ticket scheme both had / have an elite group who were guaranteed a ticket for the big away games but loyalty points allowed the size of the elite group to vary depending on the number of tickets available. With loyalty points 50 / 60 percent of tickets could go to those with the points the rest available to season ticket holders once that period is over. Yes it's less availability than the lot going on sale at one time but it gives both camps a decent compromise.

Not true I argued for the Loyalty scheme when I would have been guaranteed a ticket and still argue for it when it would probably mean I miss out. If it isn't a loyalty scheme then I think we should run a ballot. It beats out trying to wrestle with the very poor online system which is ultimately a ballot anyway. It is nonsense having face to face sales in this day and age in the middle of winter. In essence all they are doing with that is testing another kind of loyalty in terms of who will spend most time getting a ticket. Even the queuing has an element of lottery as some may be able to queue some days and others will not.

We ruined a very good loyalty scheme by introducing the HSL bribe. Then because some fans threatened to be disloyal and give up a season ticket our board bottled it and gave up on the scheme.

Buying a ticket for the big games is essentially a lottery so just make it a lottery by running a ballot. All season tickets included for every game deemed appropriate and you have a day to buy the ticket. That way we don't all waste our time and it is probably fairer in the long run if we are continuing down the path of not valuing loyalty.

wookie70
04-12-2017, 09:27 PM

You could do that under any scheme.

Billy Whizz
04-12-2017, 09:36 PM
You could do that under any scheme.

You could, but not many will want Ross County or Killie away, on a cold midweek night

Eyrie
04-12-2017, 10:00 PM
Scrapping the loyalty points scheme was the one stupid thing that Dempster has done in her time in charge. It's not a difficult concept to understand.

Season ticket holders who attend the most away games should get priority over season ticket holders who only attend home games.
Season ticket holders who only attend home games should get priority over regular walk ups.
Regular walk ups should get priority over the casual attender*.

There are 19 home games, so give an early bird season ticket purchaser 230 points and any other season ticket 210 points. That ensures that the season ticket is always the most important factor in a loyalty points scheme. Then award 10 points for each ticket bought as a walk up and 5 points for each away game ticket bought. Easy.

*Me, due to lack of time.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 12:07 AM

Yes we do, and thats the less attractive matches like Ross County, Aberdeen, Dundee, St Johnstone away, games that never sell out, midweek aways, live telly away matches, league cup group stage away matches etc. Thats where you start to get you points tally up for you to earn the right to be in with a chance of big game away tickets.

Those of us who had top points or near to top points earned those through buying season tickets and going to all those dumps of away grounds in the championship. Then it was all scrapped and replaced by a flawed AST system, pay up or take your chance online is basically the message Hibs sent out!

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 12:20 AM
Scrapping the loyalty points scheme was the one stupid thing that Dempster has done in her time in charge. It's not a difficult concept to understand.

Season ticket holders who attend the most away games should get priority over season ticket holders who only attend home games.
Season ticket holders who only attend home games should get priority over regular walk ups.
Regular walk ups should get priority over the casual attender*.

There are 19 home games, so give an early bird season ticket purchaser 230 points and any other season ticket 210 points. That ensures that the season ticket is always the most important factor in a loyalty points scheme. Then award 10 points for each ticket bought as a walk up and 5 points for each away game ticket bought. Easy.

*Me, due to lack of time.

It doesn't even need to be that complicated.

Early bird ST buyer 20 points. (1 per home league game plus 1 bonus point for buying early)

After early bird deadline 19 points (1 per game)

home cup ties 1 point

Non ST holder attending a match on an individual basis 1 point if tickets are bought online (scan from phone, print at home or at ticket office, Client reference required) with no retrospective adding of points if bought from pods on the day thats just tough luck I'm afraid.

Away matches (including Cup games) 2-3 points depending on kick off time, location and day of week.

After the window for points holders wanting away tickets has passed, any remaining tickets go on sale to the GP with client reference numbers and they too can pick up away points.

That way ST holders who attend most or every game will never lose out as the will always be on a points tally that will get them tickets and if they miss games and fall behind then thats the way it goes.

Easy peasy.

Carheenlea
05-12-2017, 01:01 AM

Early bird ST buyer 20 points. (1 per home league game plus 1 bonus point for buying early)

home cup ties 1 point

Non ST holder attending a match on an individual basis 1 point if tickets are bought online (scan from phone, print at home or at ticket office, Client reference required) with no retrospective adding of points if bought from pods on the day thats just tough luck I'm afraid.

Away matches (including Cup games) 2-3 points depending on kick off time, location and day of week.

After the window for points holders wanting away tickets has passed, any remaining tickets go on sale to the GP with client reference numbers and they too can pick up away points.

That way ST holders who attend most or every game will never lose out as the will always be on a points tally that will get them tickets and if they miss games and fall behind then thats the way it goes.

Easy peasy.

Done on say a two year rolling cycle and you have yourself a simple system that surely can't be too difficult to administer.

Kojock
05-12-2017, 07:23 AM
Done on say a two year rolling cycle and you have yourself a simple system that surely can't be too difficult to administer.

Remember one of the reasons they did away with the LP was the abuse the ticket office staff were receiving. Surely action should've been taken against the culprits dishing out the abuse rather than punish the majority.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 07:26 AM
Remember one of the reasons they did away with the LP was the abuse the ticket office staff were receiving. Surely action should've been taken against the culprits dishing out the abuse rather than punish the majority.

Correct, and the reason they got abuse is because the abusers didn't bother to read the terms and conditions of the LP sales and they thought they could all just roll up to the ticket office and get tickets regardless if they or their group had the required amount of points or not.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 07:28 AM

Yes, 50% of your points total drops off after 2 years keeping the points low and manageable, not up in the hundreds like it was previously

Kojock
05-12-2017, 07:33 AM
Another thing, before setting up the initial system was there any "homework" done on how other teams LP systems worked.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 07:40 AM
Another thing, before setting up the initial system was there any "homework" done on how other teams LP systems worked.

It all seemed very rushed despite the fact that fans had been calling for some type of loyally system for years, the club had plenty time but made a pigs ear of it. All they had to do was look at Hearts LP system and copy it.

Hugh Munro
05-12-2017, 07:44 AM
Yes, 50% of your points total drops off after 2 years keeping the points low and manageable, not up in the hundreds like it was previouslyAye so you always have 50% more points than everybody else, me, me, me, me, me. I've bee a ST holder 20+ years and we managed without your ticket grabbing scheme for all but 3 of those. I buy a ST knowing I won't even make all home games, which means I know I will be paying more than a walk up supporter will be over the course, the only thing that makes a ST worthwhile to me is the ticket priority, why should I bother without it, in fact I wouldn't. In all but 3 seasons all ST holders have been treated the same until you and yer pals came up with that scheme. You want to put divisions among season ticket holder for your own ends. If people want extra privileges over and above other season ticket holders let them pay for it via the away ticket scheme that exits for them, it won't come at the expense of devaluing and taking away the only thing that makes my ST worth buying, if it does I won't be buying it, it already costs me more than I need to spend.

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2017, 07:57 AM
We wouldnt have our 4 season tickets if there was a loyalty scheme.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 08:02 AM
Aye so you always have 50% more points than everybody else, me, me, me, me, me. I've bee a ST holder 20+ years and we managed without your ticket grabbing scheme for all but 3 of those. I buy a ST knowing I won't even make all home games, which means I know I will be paying more than a walk up supporter will be over the course, the only thing that makes a ST worthwhile to me is the ticket priority, why should I bother without it, in fact I wouldn't. In all but 3 seasons all ST holders have been treated the same until you and yer pals came up with that scheme. You want to put divisions among season ticket holder for your own ends. If people want extra privileges over and above other season ticket holders let them pay for it via the away ticket scheme that exits for them, it won't come at the expense of devaluing and taking away the only thing that makes my ST worth buying, if it does I won't be buying it, it already costs me more than I need to spend.

Is this a serious post?

Its only a proposal and unlikely to happen. Everyone who has points would have 50% of points taken off after 2 years so if you've been to every game and have 150 points you go down to 75, if you've missed a few games and only have 140 then you go down to 70, 130 to 65 etc.

Its about loyalty so if you go to every game then you get max points, if you don't go to every game then you don't its that simple!

With 13-14k ST holders its hardly a priority when everyone is eligible at the same time for 900 ibrox tickets or 3400 hearts away tickets. if we have 14k ST holders all trying at the same time then only 24% will be successful in getting tickets for tynecastle regardless if you've been a STH for 20+ years or not. Hardly fair is it.

Decisions for my own needs my erse, its about rewarding loyalty. Lots of major clubs in the uk use a points system to reward fans and it works well.

The away ST scheme is only good if you can go to every game regardless of where and when, what if you can only make 80-90% of away games but miss out on tickets and those that don't usually attend get tickets because its a big game - fair?

By the way, the only thing a ST guarantees you is a seat at home games, nothing else.

Argylehibby
05-12-2017, 08:09 AM

Is the away season ticket system not a loyalty scheme in that it guarantees certain people a ticket for every game? The only difference is the number of people in it. You can have the loyalty scheme and still make plenty of tickets available for every game except Ibrox, parkhead ant Tynie where a smaller number would be made available.

How many games don't go on public sale? All but the games I mentioned above is the answer unless we got someone in the cup with a small ground. That means your season ticket gets you a ticket for every other game and gives you a chance for the bigger games.

Hugh Munro
05-12-2017, 08:09 AM
Is this a serious post?

Its only a proposal and unlikely to happen. Everyone who has points would have 50% of points taken off after 2 years so if you've been to every game and have 150 points you go down to 75, if you've missed a few games and only have 140 then you go down to 70, 130 to 65 etc.

Its about loyalty so if you go to every game then you get max points, if you don't go to every game then you don't its that simple!

With 13-14k ST holders its hardly a priority when everyone is eligible at the same time for 900 ibrox tickets or 3400 hearts away tickets. if we have 14k ST holders all trying at the same time then only 24% will be successful in getting tickets for tynecastle regardless if you've been a STH for 20+ years or not. Hardly fair is it.

Decisions for my own needs my erse, its about rewarding loyalty. Lots of major clubs in the uk use a points system to reward fans and it works well.

The away ST scheme is only good if you can go to every game regardless of where and when, what if you can only make 80-90% of away games but miss out on tickets and those that don't usually attend get tickets because its a big game - fair?

By the way, the only thing a ST guarantees you is a seat at home games, nothing else.

By the way as long as I’ve had a season ticket it’s always given me the same chance as any other of getting a ticket and that’s a fact. The home ST scheme is only a good one if you can make every game, if I can only make 80-90% of home games why should I shell out for a ST when I lose the only benefit of having one?

tam4hibs
05-12-2017, 08:15 AM

home cup ties 1 point

Easy peasy.

Easy peasy you say... 2-3 points for an away game you say. A fixture that earns the club absolutely zero income and rewards their rival.

So based on your theory; at 3 points an away game a fan would accumulate more loyalty points attending 7 away games than they would purchasing a ST early bird.

Great incentive.

That's the problem with the L.P. system; everyone has a different view on how it should work.

FWIW; I've been to 5 away games this season. Early bird season ticket holder. The lot. But would still prefer the lottery for sales.

The fiasco of your group all on different points was a nightmare. Do you get your own at the first round if sales and hope they are lucky. Do you wait til they qualify and hope there's enough left. Making plans for games became difficult and frankly was off putting for me to organise.

Carheenlea
05-12-2017, 08:16 AM
Aye so you always have 50% more points than everybody else, me, me, me, me, me. I've bee a ST holder 20+ years and we managed without your ticket grabbing scheme for all but 3 of those. I buy a ST knowing I won't even make all home games, which means I know I will be paying more than a walk up supporter will be over the course, the only thing that makes a ST worthwhile to me is the ticket priority, why should I bother without it, in fact I wouldn't. In all but 3 seasons all ST holders have been treated the same until you and yer pals came up with that scheme. You want to put divisions among season ticket holder for your own ends. If people want extra privileges over and above other season ticket holders let them pay for it via the away ticket scheme that exits for them, it won't come at the expense of devaluing and taking away the only thing that makes my ST worth buying, if it does I won't be buying it, it already costs me more than I need to spend.

A two year cycle ensures that no group ends up with an unassailable tally. When tickets are in high demand those who are the most regular attenders are catered for when it comes to the most attractive of fixtures. It's less "you and yer pals" and more about adopting a points scheme which other clubs can manage to do with the minimum of fuss.

blackpoolhibs
05-12-2017, 08:17 AM
Is the away season ticket system not a loyalty scheme in that it guarantees certain people a ticket for every game? The only difference is the number of people in it. You can have the loyalty scheme and still make plenty of tickets available for every game except Ibrox, parkhead ant Tynie where a smaller number would be made available.

How many games don't go on public sale? All but the games I mentioned above is the answer unless we got someone in the cup with a small ground. That means your season ticket gets you a ticket for every other game and gives you a chance for the bigger games.

Up until 3 seasons ago, if i bought a season ticket, it gave me as much of a chance of any away fixture as every other season ticket holder.

One of the main reasons i bought a season ticket, along with giving the club my money early.

paddy1875
05-12-2017, 08:19 AM
When are these tickets actually going on sale?

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 08:20 AM
Easy peasy you say... 2-3 points for an away game you say. A fixture that earns the club absolutely zero income and rewards their rival.

So based on your theory; at 3 points an away game a fan would accumulate more loyalty points attending 7 away games than they would purchasing a ST early bird.

Great incentive.

That's the problem with the L.P. system; everyone has a different view on how it should work.

FWIW; I've been to 5 away games this season. Early bird season ticket holder. The lot. But would still prefer the lottery for sales.

The fiasco of your group all on different points was a nightmare. Do you get your own at the first round if sales and hope they are lucky. Do you wait til they qualify and hope there's enough left. Making plans for games became difficult and frankly was off putting for me to organise.

You've got to have the points in first place to get the away tickets though. A simple tweak, if you're not satisfied would be a non STH gets 1 point for an away ticket then.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 08:22 AM
When are these tickets actually going on sale?

No word yet. At a guess I'd say week commencing Mon 11/12/17 or thereabouts.

paddy1875
05-12-2017, 08:28 AM
No word yet. At a guess I'd say week commencing Mon 11/12/17 or thereabouts.

Cheers bud

18Hibee75
05-12-2017, 08:42 AM
Yet again the loyalty point argument comes into play. To me I don't understand why they ever got rid of it? And I don't think many people do. Why not sell to the 1,000 most loyal fans first, and then so on.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Kojock
05-12-2017, 09:01 AM

So you are holding the club to ransom to abolish a system that suited hundreds to appease a few.

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 09:03 AM
One thing that annoys me, rather than the online/ticket office debate, is why do supporters clubs get batches of tickets set aside for them? Guaranteeing them tickets without the worry of going online or having to queue up. They’re no more important than the rest of us but have a 100% chance of a ticket where the rest of us have about a 25% chance. Crazy.

marinello59
05-12-2017, 09:11 AM
One thing that annoys me, rather than the online/ticket office debate, is why do supporters clubs get batches of tickets set aside for them? Guaranteeing them tickets without the worry of going online or having to queue up. They’re no more important than the rest of us but have a 100% chance of a ticket where the rest of us have about a 25% chance. Crazy.

That’s doesn’t happen does it? I’m pretty sure those days are long gone.

marinello59
05-12-2017, 09:14 AM
So you are holding the club to ransom to abolish a system that suited hundreds to appease a few.

To be fair to BH the system currently gives how many thousand season ticket orders an equal chance of getting an away ticket for every away game? That’s more than a few people.

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 09:16 AM
That’s doesn’t happen does it? I’m pretty sure those days are long gone.

I’ve seen at least one supporters club asking for names/client ref numbers for this so they can put their order into the club but they may be restricted with numbers.

Hugh Munro
05-12-2017, 09:19 AM
So you are holding the club to ransom to abolish a system that suited hundreds to appease a few.I would say He's taking a position that best benefits himself just like those who want the loyalty points scheme reintroduced are doing, wouldn't you? Why should somebody who can't make every home game pay hundreds for a season ticket and lose the only benefit of having it? People who can't make every away game don't want to buy the away season ticket because it costs them, they think their ticket priority should come at detriment of others.

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 09:21 AM
I would say He's taking a position that best benefits himself just like those who want the loyalty points scheme reintroduced are doing, wouldn't you? Why should somebody who can't make every home game pay hundreds for a season ticket and lose the only benefit of having it?

The benefit of having a season ticket is getting entry to every home and at a reduced rate, paid in advance and guaranteeing that seat. Away games have absolutely nothing to do with having a season ticket.

Hugh Munro
05-12-2017, 09:28 AM
The benefit of having a season ticket is getting entry to every home and at a reduced rate, paid in advance and guaranteeing that seat. Away games have absolutely nothing to do with having a season ticket.That's not a benefit if you can't make every home game, it's an unnecessary cost and not a reduced rate, miss one game and you're paying the same as PATG, miss two or more and you're paying more than PATG. Ticket priority has always been a benefit of having a season ticket. An away season ticket is a benefit even if you can't make all games because you do get a guaranteed ticket that you pay for, if you can't go, that's too bad, it's no different from paying up front for a ST home game you can't make, you just have to suck it up.

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 09:36 AM
That's not a benefit if you can't make every home game, it's an unnecessary cost and not a reduced rate. Ticket priority has always been a benefit of having a season ticket. An away season ticket is a benefit even if you can't make all games because you do get a guaranteed ticket that you pay for.

The club have never sold season tickets with the ‘benefit’ of guaranteed chance of away tickets for many years. Just because it was a benefit doesn’t mean it always will be. I’ve never bought a season ticket because it gives me a chance of away tickets, I buy one as it gives me entry to every home game at a slightly reduced cost, and without the hassle of having to buy a ticket week in week out. It also gives me the same seat which I select to my benefit.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 09:43 AM
A loyalty system is the fairest way to issue away tickets for big games and Hibs blew it big time. Take hearts as an example, they have successfully ran a loyalty points system for years, it works well and their fans know the score, not enough points means no tickets for big away games so the onus is on the fans to build up their points tally to earn the right to attend derbies, Parkhead and Ibrox or cup games with small away allocations. There is no confusion with that. If you need 60 points or more to qualify for a ticket and you only have 59 then you won't get one and thats tough titty.

Since90+2
05-12-2017, 09:43 AM
Its clear that some folk see the purchase as a season ticket as a way to atleast give them a chance of getting an away ticket to the high demand matches and for that reason I cant see the club reinstating the LP.

Even if 5% of season ticket holders decided not to renew on that basis thats probably the best part of £200k lost. The guys who want the LP reinstated are the hardcore and will renew their season tickets regardless and the club know this , might be a harsh way to look at it but its probably how its viewed at board level.

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2017, 09:45 AM
A loyalty system is the fairest way to issue away tickets for big games and Hibs blew it big time. Take hearts as an example, they have successfully ran a loyalty points system for years, it works well and their fans know the score, not enough points means no tickets for big away games so the onus is on the fans to build up their points tally to earn the right to attend derbies, Parkhead and Ibrox or cup games with small away allocations. There is no confusion with that. If you need 60 points or more to qualify for a ticket and you only have 59 then you won't get one and thats tough titty.

:agree: certainly seems to work for Hearts. A few guys I know talk about the LP and if they’re a point below the threshold it’s just accepted.

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 09:47 AM

As simple as that for me. Run successfully up and down the country yet we made a hash of it through certain decisions and people who gave ultimatums to the club due to their selfishness.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 09:53 AM
As simple as that for me. Run successfully up and down the country yet we made a hash of it through certain decisions and people who gave ultimatums to the club due to their selfishness.

People running greeting to the board that it wasn't fair as they'd been in a cushy position before getting tickets through sources etc and that all stopped, lets not mention the HSL decision......:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 09:54 AM
:agree: certainly seems to work for Hearts. A few guys I know talk about the LP and if they’re a point below the threshold it’s just accepted.

Its accepted at any club who have the scheme. Its that simple.

HFCdeb
05-12-2017, 10:07 AM
There's not much wrong at Hibs just now but scrapping the loyalty points was madness to me.
I've missed out on the Tynecastle Cup games the past two season despite being a season ticket holder and travelling to the likes of Ayr, Dingwall, Raith, Hamilton and many more to support the team over the past two years. I don't have an away season ticket because I couldn't afford that up front along with the home season ticket. Will probably miss out on Tynecastle again but I'll be one of the few travelling up to Aberdeen to support the team too.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 10:11 AM
There's not much wrong at Hibs just now but scrapping the loyalty points was madness to me.
I've missed out on the Tynecastle Cup games the past two season despite being a season ticket holder and travelling to the likes of Ayr, Dingwall, Raith, Hamilton and many more to support the team over the past two years. I don't have an away season ticket because I couldn't afford that up front along with the home season ticket. Will probably miss out on Tynecastle again but I'll be one of the few travelling up to Aberdeen to support the team too.

While I agree with what you're saying about the points system, I would like to point out that there is no upfront cost for the away season ticket, the money comes out your account 1-2 days before the the tickets go on sale.

HFCdeb
05-12-2017, 10:21 AM
While I agree with what you're saying about the points system, I would like to point out that there is no upfront cost for the away season ticket, the money comes out your account 1-2 days before the the tickets go on sale.

Oh I didn't realise that. I should've done my research instead of assuming, thanks for clarifying. Still easier for me to pick and choose the away games rather than committing to them all because I definitely can't attend them all.
Might look at it for next season because I'm sick of missing out on Ibrox, Parkhead and Tynecastle despite midweek trips to Kilmarnock etc.

Ozyhibby
05-12-2017, 10:57 AM
The benefit of having a season ticket is getting entry to every home and at a reduced rate, paid in advance and guaranteeing that seat. Away games have absolutely nothing to do with having a season ticket.

Then the benefit of going to those away games is getting into the game and that’s it.
I can’t believe people want to take away one of the benefits of buying a season ticket, the club’s main source of income, just so they be 1st in the queue for Tynecastle tickets.

Ozyhibby
05-12-2017, 10:59 AM
Running a loyalty points scheme costs the club money. I’d rather we spent our money on players.

Carheenlea
05-12-2017, 11:05 AM
Oh I didn't realise that. I should've done my research instead of assuming, thanks for clarifying. Still easier for me to pick and choose the away games rather than committing to them all because I definitely can't attend them all.
Might look at it for next season because I'm sick of missing out on Ibrox, Parkhead and Tynecastle despite midweek trips to Kilmarnock etc.

After the few hundred away ST holders who go to every single game, you have a couple of thousand fans, like this poster here, who are at 80-90% of away matches. This is quite a large section of the support, and some of the most loyal supporters, and it is this group who have been let down the most by the club with the abandonment of the scheme.

marinello59
05-12-2017, 12:00 PM
I’ve seen at least one supporters club asking for names/client ref numbers for this so they can put their order into the club but they may be restricted with numbers.

I'm sure some of those involved in running the buses will be along to debunk this one before it grows arms and legs.

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 12:12 PM
I'm sure some of those involved in running the buses will be along to debunk this one before it grows arms and legs.

It would be hard to when on one of their pages they have advised that they will let those who can’t get a ticket through the club know so they can enter the lottery along with the rest of us. Clear to me that the club allocate clubs tickets which ultimately shouldn’t happen.

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2017, 12:15 PM
Running a loyalty points scheme costs the club money. I’d rather we spent our money on players.

How much? I’d imagine it could be automated so an initial outlay maybe?

Since90+2
05-12-2017, 12:17 PM
I've never heard of the club allocating tickets to supporters clubs? Surely that cant be correct.

Phil MaGlass
05-12-2017, 12:22 PM
I believe fans that go to all/most away league games should get first crack at away league tickets, but, when it comes to cup games and the likes, then, no, it should go into a draw for all that wish to get a ticket, and in this day and age, fans should not be queuing up in all weather and night for tickets, it´s not the bleedin 1980´s. Have the database make a random draw, there would then be no need for ticketmaster and extra charges etc.

Argylehibby
05-12-2017, 12:26 PM
Then the benefit of going to those away games is getting into the game and that’s it.
I can’t believe people want to take away one of the benefits of buying a season ticket, the club’s main source of income, just so they be 1st in the queue for Tynecastle tickets.

Nobody is suggesting taking the benefit away completely just as the current AST doesn't do that. The difference is that with the loyalty points potentially a larger number of tickets would be available to the highest points holders but if managed properly still have a sizeable chunk of available tickets available for our own season ticket holders.

You didn't answer my previous post re why the AST is OK in your eyes but loyalty points are not? They both have people guaranteed to get tickets ahead of you so what's the difference. If it's because of the number of people who are guaranteed tickets what would be your acceptable limit to the number in that "guaranteed ticket" group? 250 / 500 / 25% /50%?

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2017, 12:31 PM
The only people who don’t like the loyalty scheme are the part timers who don’t go to away games anyway but piss and moan when they decide that Hearts away sounds like a fun day out.

These are no doubt the same people that leave in the 85th minute to get a good seat at the pub, left the Falkirk game at half time when we were 3-0 down and said they wouldn’t be back until Petrie was away just to dauber back in with their white flag as soon as cup final tickets were on offer.

Beefster
05-12-2017, 12:32 PM
I love that there is almost exactly the same amount of moaning about the lack of a loyalty scheme as there was about the loyalty scheme we had.

Baldy Foghorn
05-12-2017, 12:39 PM
Same old silly debate always around Tinpotcastle.

Didn't see arguments about tickets for Hamilton away, Dingwall etc.....

Ozyhibby
05-12-2017, 12:42 PM

It was costing a significant amount of money, mostly fans phoning up to complain or sometimes just to ask how many points they had. The system probably could be automated but it still needs administered. Fans were phoning up to see why they had not been credited with loyalty points for tickets they had bought but the game had still to be played despite the information being available that they would be credited in the week after the game. You can automate the system but people will still seek to interact with the club every time they want to ask a question. I was told it was taking up far too much of the staffs time and Hibs have a very small staff as it is.

05-12-2017, 12:43 PM

Was it not already integrated with the ticketing system/website so how much would scrapping it have saved?

Ringothedog
05-12-2017, 12:45 PM

SPOT ON:agree: I have only missed 1 away game this season but accept the fact that I am in a bun fight to try and get tickets to both games at Tynecastle, if I don't I will be unhappy but will just have to put up with it. The LP system worked for me as I was guaranteed a ticket for every game.

traceyhibs
05-12-2017, 01:00 PM
Was that on that Facebook page? If anyone has a summary of what was discussed in general I'm sure that there's plenty on here that would find that to be of interest

Hi,

We are putting out another update and the plan is to add the Q&A to this. I still have a couple of questions to answer as didn’t get back on yesterday and we will hopefully get this out this week.

Thanks and hope that helps

Tracey

3pm
05-12-2017, 01:23 PM

There may be if those people who were at the away games don't get a ticket.... :agree: :wink:

brythehibby
05-12-2017, 01:24 PM
I've never heard of the club allocating tickets to supporters clubs? Surely that cant be correct.

I'm not 100% on this but I know various people that have managed to get tickets through supporters clubs for the games at Ibrox and Parkhead this season and were told they had 1 before they went on sale.

Since90+2
05-12-2017, 01:32 PM
I'm sure Tracey would be able to answer if indeed supporters clubs have tickets allocated for big games?

silverhibee
05-12-2017, 01:47 PM

And yet there will be a big queue from folk trying to snap tickets up.

linlithgowhibbie
05-12-2017, 02:03 PM

I have organised the Linlithgow and Bo'ness branch which has had a consistent membership of around 60-65 since 1982. We have never been asked to apply for block bookings of tickets for Tynie/Ibrox/smaller grounds in the cup!

Brian:thumbsup:

silverhibee
05-12-2017, 02:06 PM

:I'm waiti:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
05-12-2017, 02:20 PM
It was costing a significant amount of money, mostly fans phoning up to complain or sometimes just to ask how many points they had. The system probably could be automated but it still needs administered. Fans were phoning up to see why they had not been credited with loyalty points for tickets they had bought but the game had still to be played despite the information being available that they would be credited in the week after the game. You can automate the system but people will still seek to interact with the club every time they want to ask a question. I was told it was taking up far too much of the staffs time and Hibs have a very small staff as it is.

True - I didn’t take into account the lack of trust that many have of the board. Presumably they thought they were being bumped so phoned to complain.

I wonder how every other club sells the idea to their fans? We just quickly introduced it, used it for a bit, complained kids, added non football points in and then removed it just as quickly.

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2017, 02:56 PM
There was at least one supporters club that I know of that were definitely allocated tickets as recently as the 2015/16 season. Not sure about last year or now though

Pete
05-12-2017, 03:07 PM

That’s because people like my mate don’t want to go to Hamilton or Dingwall, they want to go to this.

He’s not a season ticket holder but I’ll see him alright. I owe him one.

lucky
05-12-2017, 04:04 PM
The loyalty scheme that was there was fine but some disliked the fact HSL points changed the pecking order. I do think it’s time for a rethink by Hibs on this but not until next season now. A discussion needs to be had around the make up of any new scheme. I’d make it £5 to join each season to cover any administrative costs, give points for away games but more for midweek. I personally won’t give any for shop, share or HSL purchases

RIP
05-12-2017, 04:38 PM
Queuing up for tickets.

The last time the question was asked, Russell Smith stated that the majority of people attending Easter Road lived outwith the city limits.

So in what way in asking fans to queue is the management serving all fans?

calumhibee1
05-12-2017, 04:42 PM
When do these go on sale?

Ringothedog
05-12-2017, 05:03 PM
That’s because people like my mate don’t want to go to Hamilton or Dingwall, they want to go to this.

He’s not a season ticket holder but I’ll see him alright. I owe him one.

Only if you are lucky in the mad mad ticket scramble, if I am lucky I will get one for my sister as well as myself as she wants to go to this game albeit she hasn't been to a game in about 10 years.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 05:21 PM
Only if you are lucky in the mad mad ticket scramble, if I am lucky I will get one for my sister as well as myself as she wants to go to this game albeit she hasn't been to a game in about 10 years.

Are you deliberately trying to get peoples backs up by posting that?

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 05:21 PM
When do these go on sale?

Not been announced yet.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 05:22 PM
There was at least one supporters club that I know of that were definitely allocated tickets as recently as the 2015/16 season. Not sure about last year or now though

Aye? Which one?

WeveGotMcginn
05-12-2017, 05:33 PM
Wouldn’t be surprised if demand is similar or even more than the rangers game earlier in the season- folk queueing for hours in August was bad enough never mind middle of December. at least we’re guaranteed the full stand though

Ringothedog
05-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Are you deliberately trying to get peoples backs up by posting that?

What do you think? There will only be 1 ticket per client reference number if I get one for myself I will be delighted, I just get fed up with all the moaning about how tickets are allocated and my reply was more aimed at a previous poster.

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 05:52 PM
Aye? Which one?

I’ll wait on Tracey confirming my understanding but I would be really surprised if a supporters club can tell members if hey were successful or not before tickets go on sale if they didn’t get guaranteed tickets. Super powers indeed.

Pete
05-12-2017, 05:53 PM
What do you think? There will only be 1 ticket per client reference number if I get one for myself I will be delighted, I just get fed up with all the moaning about how tickets are allocated and my reply was more aimed at a previous poster.

I genuinely wasn’t trying to get anyone’s back up.

Saying that, my mate doesn’t even like football. He’ll probably only stay for the first half.

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2017, 05:55 PM
Aye? Which one?
Don't want to be seen as a 'grass' so I'll let them say if they want to.

Like I say, I'm not sure if it's still the case but it certainly was as recently as 2015/16

lyonhibs
05-12-2017, 06:08 PM
Jesus wept

Roughly what I thought. What a crock of pish.

I won't be at either sadly but c'est la vie.

BS44
05-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Hopefully, Hibs will try to look after the supporters who do choose to queue overnight in December. Opening the West Stand side door as early as possible and letting people wait inside is surely reasonable.

Just the side door though Hibs.:aok: Last time we queued for Hearts tickets security opened the side door and a fire exit door which gave some chancers the opportunity to jump the queue and that's excatly what happened

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 06:28 PM
Hopefully, Hibs will try to look after the supporters who do choose to queue overnight in December. Opening the West Stand side door as early as possible and letting people wait inside is surely reasonable.

Just the side door though Hibs.:aok: Last time we queued for Hearts tickets security opened the side door and a turnstile door which gave some chancers the opportunity to jump the queue and that's excatly what happened

Were said chancers not called out and told get to the back?

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 07:13 PM
It will be even worse for the up game, If this league match ticket sales is another disaster then the club will have to consider online only for the cup game.

brythehibby
05-12-2017, 07:26 PM
Don't want to be seen as a 'grass' so I'll let them say if they want to.

Like I say, I'm not sure if it's still the case but it certainly was as recently as 2015/16

It’s definitely happened this season. A family member of mines has got tickets this way for ibrox and parkhead.

Could it be the spares from supporters clubs that have a lot of away season ticket holders? I’d like to think it’s something like this rather than giving tickets to some and not others.

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 07:47 PM
It’s definitely happened this season. A family member of mines has got tickets this way for ibrox and parkhead.

Could it be the spares from supporters clubs that have a lot of away season ticket holders? I’d like to think it’s something like this rather than giving tickets to some and not others.

Nope, the supporters clubs I have seen have asked for client reference numbers so that these will be used and the members will not be able to apply in the ‘normal’ way as well. Tracey is going to look into it as she has not heard of it before.

Carheenlea
05-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Have not heard of supporters clubs having allocations set aside for many years. I've read posts from the guys who run busses on here lamenting that regulars had missed out on tickets for certain games, and apart from players comps I'd imagine every ticket sold will require a qualifying client reference to go with it. I'm not in any authority to say that's definitely the case, but that's just my guess.

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 08:32 PM
Have not heard of supporters clubs having allocations set aside for many years. I've read posts from the guys who run busses on here lamenting that regulars had missed out on tickets for certain games, and apart from players comps I'd imagine every ticket sold will require a qualifying client reference to go with it. I'm not in any authority to say that's definitely the case, but that's just my guess.

Then how would they be in a position to advise members whether they have been successful before tickets go on sale by normal means?

Carheenlea
05-12-2017, 08:41 PM
Then how would they be in a position to advise members whether they have been successful before tickets go on sale by normal means?

I haven't heard of such happenings, but I rarely travel by supporters bus so only guessing on the subject.

Billy Whizz
05-12-2017, 08:44 PM

Complete bollocks. I travel on a Hibs supporters bus maybe once/twice a season. II would say that at least 90% of the regular bus travellers are away season ticket holders, so entitled to their tickets
Not sure who’s feeding you this story

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 08:47 PM
Complete bollocks. I travel on a Hibs supporters bus maybe once/twice a season. II would say that at least 90% of the regular bus travellers are away season ticket holders, so entitled to their tickets
Not sure who’s feeding you this story

Yeah complete bollocks indeed. I think you might want to wind your neck in as this is from their own Facebook page.

I wasn’t going to go into individual clubs names but since you posted that nonsense I don’t have much choice. AST holders wouldn’t have to give client reference numbers or apply for tickets.

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2017, 08:51 PM
Yeah complete bollocks indeed. I think you might want to wind your neck in as this is from their own Facebook page.

I wasn’t going to go into individual clubs names but since you posted that nonsense I don’t have much choice. AST holders wouldn’t have to give client reference numbers or apply for tickets.
boom, roasted

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 08:53 PM

Thats not on!

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 08:53 PM
boom, roasted

I’m not even having a go at these clubs, they’re obviously being allowed to do it nd quite rightly taking advantage for their members, but Hibs need to have a serious word with themselves by restricting the numbers available to other STH by giving this privilege to a select few.

tartanhibee
05-12-2017, 08:55 PM
Maybe someone from the supporters club could clarify their position on this.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 08:56 PM
I’m not even having a go at these clubs, they’re obviously being allowed to do it nd quite rightly taking advantage for their members, but Hibs need to have a serious word with themselves by restricting the numbers available to other STH by giving this privilege to a select few.

My branch could have done the same but nearly all of us are AST holders. Hibs beed to sort this out, these tickets are creamed off the top before they go on sale.

Billy Whizz
05-12-2017, 08:58 PM

I can only comment on the bus that I travel with on an occasional basis
Think this is probably about getting fans to queue up to get tickets at the office, if we have sales at the TO on the day!
Someone will go along on behalf of the bus with names and client ref no’s etc
Everyone has to have a season ticket to apply for a Hearts ticket, so they aren’t doing anything wrong

Carheenlea
05-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Think this is probably about getting fans to queue up to get tickets at the office, if we have sales at the TO on the day!
Everyone has to have a season ticket to apply for a Hearts ticket, so they aren’t doing anything wrong

This is what I was thinking, but got to admit that social media post doesn't read well and leaves a few questions to be answered.

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 09:02 PM

You told me I was talking ‘complete bollocks’ and being ‘fed a story’.

It clearly says the club are giving Hibs their request and will receive back an allocation. If a member requests a ticket and is unsuccessful they will be told and be able to enter the lottery, so the club will know in advance of ticket sales. Nobody queuing up, nobody on the phone waiting.
The usual process is you can only buy a maximum of 10 tickets also.

I never said they were doing anything wrong, they are looking after their members and rightly so, but Hibs have got this wrong massively and every season ticket holder should be treated exactly the same going by the rules they have set.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 09:05 PM
This is what I was thinking, but got to admit that social media post doesn't read well and leaves a few questions to be answered.

They are getting an advantage of not having to queue on the day or join the online lottery, someone hands a list into Hibs and sits back and relaxes. What happened to the 10 references per person or whatever the rule is?

Since90+2
05-12-2017, 09:08 PM
This is definitely something that needs clarified by the fans reps.

Since90+2
05-12-2017, 09:08 PM

It clearly says the club are giving Hibs their request and will receive back an allocation. If a member requests a ticket and is unsuccessful they will be told and be able to enter the lottery, so the club will know in advance of ticket sales. Nobody queuing up, nobody on the phone waiting.

I never said they were doing anything wrong, they are looking after their members and rightly so, but Hibs have got this wrong massively and every season ticket holder should be treated exactly the same going by the rules they have set.

If that's correct and the members are effectively getting two bites at the cherry then it's wrong.

Billy Whizz
05-12-2017, 09:09 PM

You are. There is no allocation to them as far as I can see. What they mean by order, is queueing up for season ticket holders to buy a ticket, that’s my interpretation of it anyway!

They’ll need to queue up like everyone else
If they are near the bottom of the queue, when sales at TO commence. They won’t get any
Hardly an allocation

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 09:12 PM
You are. There is no allocation to them as far as I can see. What they mean by order, is queueing up for season ticket holders to buy a ticket, that’s my interpretation of it anyway!

They’ll need to queue up like everyone else
If they are near the bottom of the queue, when sales at TO commence. They won’t get any
Hardly an allocation

Then how can they tell their members to go and attempt to get their own tickets? Since they will already be sold out. It’s already been said on here that another branch had the chance to have this given to them but it was unnecessary for them.

You’ve made a Noel Hunt of this by getting aggressive in your original post and trying to dig your way out.

Billy Whizz
05-12-2017, 09:14 PM
Then how can they tell their members to go and attempt to get their own tickets? Since they will already be sold out. It’s already been said on here that another branch had the chance to have this given to them but it was unnecessary for them.

You’ve made a Noel Hunt of this by getting aggressive in your original post and trying to dig your way out.

Just as an aside, do you go home and away

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 09:14 PM
This is definitely something that needs clarified by the fans reps.

Tracey spoke to me earlier and is looking into it as it’s not something she was aware of. The Facebook post is fairly clear in indicating they get an allocation, and I know for a fact a supporters club got an allocation for ibrox earlier in the season.

Pete
05-12-2017, 09:19 PM
I don’t really have a problem with supporters branches getting a small allocation for senior members...by that I mean guys who go to most away matches on a bus.

It’s kind of like a level between a normal ST and an away ST.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 09:20 PM

This is one for the supporters reps to deal with.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 09:21 PM
Tracey spoke to me earlier and is looking into it as it’s not something she was aware of. The Facebook post is fairly clear in indicating they get an allocation, and I know for a fact a supporters club got an allocation for ibrox earlier in the season.

They did for parkhead and Ibrox its on their page. Not such a big call for Alloa away though.

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 09:22 PM
I don’t really have a problem with supporters branches getting a small allocation for senior members...by that I mean guys who go to most away matches on a bus.

It’s kind of like a level between a normal ST and an away ST.

Why should they have a level of their own? They are either AST holders or they are not, and they should be treated the same as everyone else in those brackets.

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 09:22 PM
This is one for the supporters reps to deal with.

It is, and thankfully Tracey was fairly swift in taking it up, hopefully get an answer of some form fairly soon.

Billy Whizz
05-12-2017, 09:25 PM
It is, and thankfully Tracey was fairly swift in taking it up, hopefully get an answer of some form fairly soon.

You haven’t answered my question

brythehibby
05-12-2017, 09:26 PM
They did for parkhead and Ibrox its on their page. Not such a big call for Alloa away though.

Not the only supporters club either as I know of 1 other that got tickets sorted for ibrox before they went on sale. Had hoped this wasn’t something dodgy but looks more and more like it is.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 09:26 PM
Why should they have a level of their own? They are either AST holders or they are not, and they should be treated the same as everyone else in those brackets.

** Important Notice **
Hibs need our Celtic tickets request tomorrow morning therefore we need all requests in by tonight at the latest, same goes for Ross County tickets.

Looks like an allocation of sorts to me.

Supporters branches going to games are a good thing but there should be fairness in how tickets are issued, some of our members who are not AST holders have missed out on the big games at ibrox and parkhead this season, the above is part of the reason why.

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 09:30 PM
You haven’t answered my question

I didn’t see that reply, yes I do. Well season ticket holder at home and a lot of away games (due to work). Not seeing the relevance of the question however.

Billy Whizz
05-12-2017, 09:36 PM
I didn’t see that reply, yes I do. Well season ticket holder at home and a lot of away games (due to work). Not seeing the relevance of the question however.

Good for you, well done!

The sad thing about this thread, is we are 4th in Premiership, best in many years, and we have Hibs fans fighting amongst ourselves, when we should be enjoying it!

I feel really for the Fans Directors, a shield for LD, and taking all the flak, when in fact she’s pulling the strings, the cancellation of the loyalty scheme was a poor decision from LD, when she’s done a great job at Hibs otherwise

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Good for you, well done!

The sad thing about this thread, is we are 4th in Premiership, best in many years, and we have Hibs fans fighting amongst ourselves, when we should be enjoying it!

I feel really for the Fans Directors, a shield for LD, and taking all the flak, when in fact she’s pulling the strings, the cancellation of the loyalty scheme was a poor decision from LD, when she’s done a great job at Hibs otherwise

No one is fighting etc. The fans rep has taken concerns and is going to investigate which is their job. Leeann got the loyalty points wrong but that’s been done to death. Hibs fans do however want to see the team and nobody should be given an advantage over others just because of the method they travel to games.

Pretty Boy
05-12-2017, 09:44 PM
I've no idea what the script is with ticket allocations to supporters clubs and other groups. A scenario similar to this has reared it's head before though and caused an almighty blow up on Twitter with abuse flying about all over the place from all sides.

It's probably something that needs clarifying though so everyone is clear on what their, and others, entitlements are.

Carheenlea
05-12-2017, 09:47 PM
** Important Notice **
Hibs need our Celtic tickets request tomorrow morning therefore we need all requests in by tonight at the latest, same goes for Ross County tickets.

Looks like an allocation of sorts to me.

Supporters branches going to games are a good thing but there should be fairness in how tickets are issued, some of our members who are not AST holders have missed out on the big games at ibrox and parkhead this season, the above is part of the reason why.

Had a look myself and yes, it does look like orders are being taken and certainly doesn't sound like anyone is or has been queuing up with reference numbers or sitting online. Looks like everyone got tickets who asked for Ibrox as well.
Definitely some clarification on this subject needed, and if this is true, the current ticketing arrangements surely can't continue in such manner.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 09:57 PM
Had a look myself and yes, it does look like orders are being taken and certainly doesn't sound like anyone is or has been queuing up with reference numbers or sitting online. Looks like everyone got tickets who asked for Ibrox as well.
Definitely some clarification on this subject needed, and if this is true, the current ticketing arrangements surely can't continue in such manner.

Yes it seems like everyone who asked got tickets, now when Hibs say theres 250 (approx) AST holders to be deducted first they don't include the 50/60+ that this branch are getting so theres even less tickets available. Nobody has had to queue, nobody has had to join the online scramble or phone up. I'll bet an email is sent with all the names and client reference numbers on it and after its sent its coffee and cigars time.

No this cannot continue for fairness to everyone else who has to queue or go online and try.

Pete
05-12-2017, 10:05 PM

One of the criticisms of the present system is that there’s no way of rewarding the loyalty of ST holders who don’t have an AST, yet still go to lots of away games. There’s only two extreme ends of the spectrum

Giving some to senior guys in supporters club is a bit of middle ground. It’s not perfect but it’s a halfway house between no loyalty being rewarded at all and a loyalty points system that costs time and resources to administer.

Kojock
05-12-2017, 10:26 PM
Yes it seems like everyone who asked got tickets, now when Hibs say theres 250 (approx) AST holders to be deducted first they don't include the 50/60+ that this branch are getting so theres even less tickets available. Nobody has had to queue, nobody has had to join the online scramble or phone up. I'll bet an email is sent with all the names and client reference numbers on it and after its sent its coffee and cigars time.

No this cannot continue for fairness to everyone else who has to queue or go online and try.

If it's happening with this branch I wouldn't be surprised if this cosy little deal was in place for other supporters clubs. I would love to know just exactly how many tickets were made available for Parkhead online to non supporters club members and how long this arrangement has been going on. Disgraceful behaviour from Hibs if they are in any way complicit in this.

Just had a look on their FB page and they got 3 rows of tickets for Ibrox and 37 tickets for Parkhead all pre ordered, no queuing overnight or online scramble. Just add your name to the thread and turn up for the bus. Absolute disgrace. As someone who queued overnight for Ibrox and missed out on Parkhead, I want answers from our supporters reps and Hibs.

Sir David Gray
05-12-2017, 11:48 PM
If this is genuine (which it appears to be) then it's not on and Hibs should be forced into explaining themselves here.

The current official set up is that you have the opportunity to purchase an away season ticket at the start of the season, which guarantees you a ticket for every away league match for that season. Everyone else who wants a ticket for any given match should need to take their chances online or over the phone to get a ticket before they sell out.

HibeeHibernian4
06-12-2017, 01:08 AM

I'll happily run it for free if it means that people who go to the most away games get priority for tickets to the most in demand away games.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 01:09 AM
If it's happening with this branch I wouldn't be surprised if this cosy little deal was in place for other supporters clubs. I would love to know just exactly how many tickets were made available for Parkhead online to non supporters club members and how long this arrangement has been going on. Disgraceful behaviour from Hibs if they are in any way complicit in this.

Just had a look on their FB page and they got 3 rows of tickets for Ibrox and 37 tickets for Parkhead all pre ordered, no queuing overnight or online scramble. Just add your name to the thread and turn up for the bus. Absolute disgrace. As someone who queued overnight for Ibrox and missed out on Parkhead, I want answers from our supporters reps and Hibs.

I can assure you it doesn't happen with my branch, we've had quite a lot of members who are regulars at away games but not AST holders who missed both ibrox and parkhead due to the high demand from big game hunters and now this has come to light. Unacceptable in my opinion.

Another question is how the signing section all got tickets together slap bang in the middle of the stand at Patrick on Saturday and they stood for 90 minutes as well blocking the view of others who were not wanting/able to stand.

percy veer
06-12-2017, 01:24 AM
I can assure you it doesn't happen with my branch, we've had quite a lot of members who are regulars at away games but not AST holders who missed both ibrox and parkhead due to the high demand from big game hunters and now this has come to light. Unacceptable in my opinion.

Another question is how the signing section all got tickets together slap bang in the middle of the stand at Patrick on Saturday and they stood for 90 minutes as well blocking the view of others who were not wanting/able to stand.

went to the ticket office and asked for bunch together?
tut tut standing and singing at an away match, whatever next.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 01:35 AM

Gee I never thought of that....:rolleyes:

HibeeHibernian4
06-12-2017, 02:12 AM

If it wasn't for the drum the atmosphere at away games would be a shambles, find it incredible that folk want to sit down at an away game, but each to their own

percy veer
06-12-2017, 02:16 AM
If it wasn't for the drum the atmosphere at away games would be a shambles, find it incredible that folk want to sit down at an away game, but each to their own

That's what I was getting at.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 02:30 AM

Do you find it incredible that there are some fans that can't stand for 90 minutes? I'm all for standing but you have to be considerate. Standing in the middle of a seated stand is selfish.

HibeeHibernian4
06-12-2017, 03:06 AM
Do you find it incredible that there are some fans that can't stand for 90 minutes? I'm all for standing but you have to be considerate. Standing in the middle of a seated stand is selfish.

I nearly put a disclaimer saying "obviously I appreciate that some fans can't stand for 90 minutes", but I thought it would've gone without saying. It's the same with the "obviously I know some fans can't afford a season ticket" disclaimer you have to put when pointing out that there are some Hibs fans who only ever seem to show up for derbies and Hampden.

To answer your point though, I don't know how/why the singing section got the middle block on Saturday but it made for a much better atmosphere and, call me selfish, that's what I like to hear on a day out.

Beefster
06-12-2017, 06:40 AM
Giving some to senior guys in supporters club is a bit of middle ground.

It doesn’t appear to be some senior guys in the club. It looks like anyone who wants a ticket.

Tbf, i don’t go to many away games so it doesn’t really affect/bother me. If I had been queueing overnight, even once, to get away tickets thought, I’d be raging.

Since90+2
06-12-2017, 07:10 AM
If it is confirmed that the ELHSC have been receiving an allocation from Hibs ahead of sales to season ticket holders then surely they can't be the only club who gets this?

If they are then I can imagine other supporters club will be raging , if they don't and it's happening at other clubs then I can see a good few season ticket holders being rightly pissed off at this.

Pretty Boy
06-12-2017, 07:14 AM
If it is confirmed that the ELHSC have been receiving an allocation from Hibs ahead of sales to season ticket holders then surely they can't be the only club who gets this?

If they are then I can imagine other supporters club will be raging , if they don't and it's happening at other clubs then I can see a good few season ticket holders being rightly pissed off at this.

If it's something Hibs are doing and are comfortable with then they should just announce it and everyone knows where they stand. 'For every away game an alllcation of 100 tickets will be held back for supporters clubs who regularly run buses to away games'. People may not like it but then they know it happens. Not making it 'official' makes it seem worse than it actually is.

Kojock
06-12-2017, 07:27 AM

So even certain supporters branches are being favoured over others, Hibs owe every fan who has queued overnight or missed out on an online ticket a massive apology.

hibbysam
06-12-2017, 07:30 AM
One of the criticisms of the present system is that there’s no way of rewarding the loyalty of ST holders who don’t have an AST, yet still go to lots of away games. There’s only two extreme ends of the spectrum

Giving some to senior guys in supporters club is a bit of middle ground. It’s not perfect but it’s a halfway house between no loyalty being rewarded at all and a loyalty points system that costs time and resources to administer.

There should be no halfway house. The club scrapped the loyalty points system and brought in the AST. Your either in that or your not. Joining a supporters club was never a third option.

Big_Franck
06-12-2017, 08:07 AM
So even certain supporters branches are being favoured over others, Hibs owe every fan who has queued overnight or missed out on an online ticket a massive apology.

Agreed. If most of the away tickets for Ibrox/Parkhead and Tiny are already given to Away STs, dozens of player comps and then allocations to supporters clubs it would explain why online sales for these games sell out in a few minutes. There's probably hardly any left by the time they go on sale to ST holders.

CentreLine
06-12-2017, 08:08 AM
In the dim distant past, yes, even before mobile phones. That long ago, and long before internet and social media, the supporters clubs were the very definition of "fan loyalty". The members were the life blood of every club, providing the core support every club needs. Supporters clubs were encouraged by the clubs and of course assisted with ticket allocation, home and away. It made good sense.

Now, despite the fact some of us aulder gits still join queues or go the the shop to buy a newspaper, we live in a world of on-line purchase. Everything can be brought to us at the press of the "send" key and our lives have become instant. Then, when we can't get it, we become all hot and bothered. Ticket sales have been caught up in this modern world in an otherwise older world that is live entertainment. Let's give some breathing room for the club to catch up.

We have just come through a lengthy period where people could more or less take their pick where they sat at games. Now, suddenly, we have unprecedented numbers of ST sales with walk-ups often disappointed. Can we not simply rejoice in the present position and not find innumerable reasons to criticise the club or get on at fellow supporters. I am not against innovation and change but it seems to me there are any number of avenues people can go down to present ideas to the club without getting hot and bothered. When I see words like "shambles" and "disgraceful" directed at our club I find it incredible in this present climate. Our club is in a great place right now, maybe it is time to back off and concentrate on the positive things.

For the record, I am not and never have been a member of a supporters club but I have always had a healthy respect for the way that they have held together a core support through the hard times. They needed and got tickets then, I am not about to criticise their getting them now
:flag::hibees:flag:

Kavinho
06-12-2017, 08:52 AM
In the dim distant past, yes, even before mobile phones. That long ago, and long before internet and social media, the supporters clubs were the very definition of "fan loyalty". The members were the life blood of every club, providing the core support every club needs. Supporters clubs were encouraged by the clubs and of course assisted with ticket allocation, home and away. It made good sense.

Now, despite the fact some of us aulder gits still join queues or go the the shop to buy a newspaper, we live in a world of on-line purchase. Everything can be brought to us at the press of the "send" key and our lives have become instant. Then, when we can't get it, we become all hot and bothered. Ticket sales have been caught up in this modern world in an otherwise older world that is live entertainment. Let's give some breathing room for the club to catch up.

We have just come through a lengthy period where people could more or less take their pick where they sat at games. Now, suddenly, we have unprecedented numbers of ST sales with walk-ups often disappointed. Can we not simply rejoice in the present position and not find innumerable reasons to criticise the club or get on at fellow supporters. I am not against innovation and change but it seems to me there are any number of avenues people can go down to present ideas to the club without getting hot and bothered. When I see words like "shambles" and "disgraceful" directed at our club I find it incredible in this present climate. Our club is in a great place right now, maybe it is time to back off and concentrate on the positive things.

For the record, I am not and never have been a member of a supporters club but I have always had a healthy respect for the way that they have held together a core support through the hard times. They needed and got tickets then, I am not about to criticise their getting them now

Very well said Sir

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 08:56 AM

Ideas have been presented to the club though, falls on deaf ears. The bottom line here is that a Supporters Branch appears to be getting allocated tickets on the sly by the club and fans were not informed of this practise, if the club are doing nothing wrong then why not be transparent and let us know that this is an option for Supporters Branches and include it on PR on the official site. What should happen now is that Hibs should either offer tickets to every Supporters Club that runs buses to every/most away games or stop giving preferential treatment to one branch and make the members of this branch become an AST holder or join the queues both at the ticket office or online and maybe miss out like everybody else.

The club scrapped the LP system due to arguing/too hard to manage, this is another og by Hibs.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 09:00 AM

Since the scrapping of the LP scheme the club have not invited my branch to take up a ticket allocation for away games, nor have they suggested this as an option, its away season tickets or join the lottery.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 09:03 AM
Agreed. If most of the away tickets for Ibrox/Parkhead and Tiny are already given to Away STs, dozens of player comps and then allocations to supporters clubs it would explain why online sales for these games sell out in a few minutes. There's probably hardly any left by the time they go on sale to ST holders.

Ive always said Hibs should include the exact amount of tickets that are going on sale to ST holders on the official site, that is after the AST's, players and staff have taken their allocation, then once the ST window has passed let fans in the general sale know exactly how many tickets are up for grabs! That way we know we are not being fiddled.

Since90+2
06-12-2017, 09:10 AM
Being a member of a supporters club should not give you any form of priority simply because you travel on a bus. There are plenty of fans who go to almost every single game who travel by train , car ect that have no such priority and have had to queue overnight for hours in the cold for games at Tynecastle and Ibrox.

green&left
06-12-2017, 09:52 AM

Thank **** they did otherwise you'd be able to hear a pin drop. Without them our away support is as boring/quiet as our home support these days.

Carheenlea
06-12-2017, 09:53 AM
Asking some fans to commit to away ST's to guarantee their seats at all games then give others who haven't signed up the same priority for the very games the away ST sells itself for is simply not on.
As Hermit said above, this explains why just a handful of tickets actually went on sale for Ibrox/Celtic, and obviously it is clear now why they were online only with no ticket office sales. Tynecastle has a larger allocation so there will be enough left over to sell from both outlets, but whatever way you look at it, the arrangement for high demand away games is not fit for purpose in its current form.

Hibeewilly
06-12-2017, 10:30 AM
Asking some fans to commit to away ST's to guarantee their seats at all games then give others who haven't signed up the same priority for the very games the away ST sells itself for is simply not on.
As Hermit said above, this explains why just a handful of tickets actually went on sale for Ibrox/Celtic, and obviously it is clear now why they were online only with no ticket office sales. Tynecastle has a larger allocation so there will be enough left over to sell from both outlets, but whatever way you look at it, the arrangement for high demand away games is not fit for purpose in its current form.

Exactly. Surely if the fans reps are reading this thread (and others) they must realise that a loyalty points scheme is definitely needed. If Leanne Dempster scrapped the last one she needs to eat humble pie and admit scrapping it was a massive own goal by the Club

hailhail22
06-12-2017, 10:30 AM
Being a member of a supporters club should not give you any form of priority simply because you travel on a bus. There are plenty of fans who go to almost every single game who travel by train , car ect that have no such priority and have had to queue overnight for hours in the cold for games at Tynecastle and Ibrox.

You should be allowed to queue in your car in the car park so you can stay warm 😃

DC_Hibs
06-12-2017, 10:36 AM
Thank **** they did otherwise you'd be able to hear a pin drop. Without them our away support is as boring/quiet as our home support these days.

Spot on.
I’d also give a block booking to Hibs.net during winter to keep everyone else warm as there’s some amount of absolute roasters on these threads.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 10:40 AM

You're missing the point.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 10:42 AM
Exactly. Surely if the fans reps are reading this thread (and others) they must realise that a loyalty points scheme is definitely needed. If Leanne Dempster scrapped the last one she needs to eat humble pie and admit scrapping it was a massive own goal by the Club

It is the answer.

Most fans would be happy with that.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 10:45 AM

Has it been confirmed we are getting the whole Roseburn stand yet? Half the stand would really tip this thread over the edge!

Kojock
06-12-2017, 10:46 AM
You're missing the point.

Know exactly what your saying, I'm over 6ft and if I stand there's no way the person behind me can see. One of our company is 80 and can't stand for any length of time. Didn't affect us at Partick as we were far enough away we could see over them but the poor old guy missed half the Ibrox game cause everyone was standing. It's called respect for your fellow supporter.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 10:46 AM
Maybe OfficialHFC can respond to this thread with some answers? :dunno:

tartanhibee
06-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Notice there are a few posters who like to shout about tickets and fairness off the distribution of them have went very quiet on this thread.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 10:56 AM
Know exactly what your saying, I'm over 6ft and if I stand there's no way the person behind me can see. One of our company is 80 and can't stand for any length of time. Didn't affect us at Partick as we were far enough away we could see over them but the poor old guy missed half the Ibrox game cause everyone was standing. It's called respect for your fellow supporter.

Spot on. :agree:

hibbysam
06-12-2017, 11:00 AM
Notice there are a few posters who like to shout about tickets and fairness off the distribution of them have went very quiet on this thread.

It’s not about individuals though, they are being offered a situation which will help their members, of course they will take it. It’s the club offering it in the first place that the blame lies.

Mikey
06-12-2017, 11:02 AM

They're also in the same section at Tynecastle every time, right down the front behind the goals. I raised it on here after the cup game last season and it didn't go down well :greengrin

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 11:12 AM
They're also in the same section at Tynecastle every time, right down the front behind the goals. I raised it on here after the cup game last season and it didn't go down well :greengrin

I wish to make it clear, I personally have no issue with people/groups who want to stand, I'm all for safe terraces to be introduced at ER in the near future and if i had the money I would gladly fund it. That would be good to see at every other top flight ground so fans have the option to sit or stand. I would use standing areas on my own but because I go to most matches with someone isn't tall enough to see over grown men standing it can be a bit of an issue. Of course if everyone stands at an away game like tynie, thats the way it goes and we have to deal with it but if its a small section of fans in the middle of the stand (inadvertently) blocking views then perhaps they could move to a sparsely populated area of the stand like the wings so others can see the match. Like at ER they are away up in a corner where they are not blocking many views at all.

wookie70
06-12-2017, 11:25 AM
Are the people receiving tickets on Supporters Buses all season ticket holders. You can have a client number without being a ST holder. I actually have some sympathy with Supporters Buses being treated differently. They are expensive to run and need a good number of bums on seats to make journeys viable. That must make it very difficult for them to run buses to Ibrox and Parkhead.

In all likelihood most of those travelling in supporters buses will be going to most away games so would have benefitted from the loyalty scheme. Just bring that back and offer supporters clubs the opportunity to get tickets in groups, like the singing lads do, but only based on the amount of loyalty points.

Really poor if Supporters Buses essentially have a loyalty scheme, possibly open to non season ticket holders, and fans that travel by car or train can't be rewarded for their loyalty.

Can the Fans reps not embark on a proper dialogue with fans. Possibly a survey or similar to actually see what fans thoughts are.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Are the people receiving tickets on Supporters Buses all season ticket holders. You can have a client number without being a ST holder. I actually have some sympathy with Supporters Buses being treated differently. They are expensive to run and need a good number of bums on seats to make journeys viable. That must make it very difficult for them to run buses to Ibrox and Parkhead.

In all likelihood most of those travelling in supporters buses will be going to most away games so would have benefitted from the loyalty scheme. Just bring that back and offer supporters clubs the opportunity to get tickets in groups, like the singing lads do, but only based on the amount of loyalty points.

Really poor if Supporters Buses essentially have a loyalty scheme, possibly open to non season ticket holders, and fans that travel by car or train can't be rewarded for their loyalty.

Can the Fans reps not embark on a proper dialogue with fans. Possibly a survey or similar to actually see what fans thoughts are.

I think its clear from this thread what the thoughts of most fans are on this matter, absolute no no. However in fairness to ELHSC it does seem that its only STH's that are getting tickets and mainly branch members only. Doesn't excuse it though mind. :tsk tsk:

marinello59
06-12-2017, 11:47 AM
I think its clear from this thread what the thoughts of most fans are on this matter, absolute no no. However in fairness to ELHSC it does seem that its only STH's that are getting tickets and mainly branch members only. Doesn't excuse it though mind. :tsk tsk:

And To be fair if this is happening ..... and it is stil an if... you can’t blame them for taking advantage of a scheme that benefits their members.. I hope there is no falling out with other fans over this.
I have to say again though, it is only an if.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 11:48 AM
And To be fair if this is happening ..... and it is stil an if... you can’t blame them for taking advantage of a scheme that benefits their members.. I hope there is no falling out with other fans over this.
I have to say again though, it is only an if.

If this is happening it has to be offered to every branch or none at all.

Brightside
06-12-2017, 11:53 AM
When do the tickets go on sale? And do we expect it to be limited to 1 per ST?

marinello59
06-12-2017, 11:57 AM
If this is happening it has to be offered to every branch or none at all.

I don’t think anyone would disagree with that .

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 12:02 PM
When do the tickets go on sale? And do we expect it to be limited to 1 per ST?

The club have not announced when they will be on sale however, I'd expect them to be on sale from next Monday or Tuesday, suppose it all depends on when Hearts courier them across the city.

Yes, it will absolutely be 1 per season ticket, I think it always is.

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 12:03 PM
I don’t think anyone would disagree with that .

The Modfather
06-12-2017, 12:09 PM
Looking for 5 tickets for both derbies if any of the supporters clubs can sort me out? :devil:

Hermit Crab
06-12-2017, 12:23 PM
Looking for 5 tickets for both derbies if any of the supporters clubs can sort me out? :devil:

:tee hee:

EH54
06-12-2017, 01:23 PM
Hearts are selling to Cat B ST Holders tomorrow and General sale after that hopefully we will hear something soon then. I think Monday tickets will go on Sale.

SRHibs
06-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Can we rename the site Hibs.net Supporters Club then get first dibs on tickets? Then everyone’s happy, apart from the technophobes.

ValleyHibee
06-12-2017, 10:49 PM
I would be surprised if this was happening with other branches,regarding parkhead,the man who runs the FIHSC was in the cellick end as he wasn't able to get a ticket online

blackpoolhibs
06-12-2017, 10:59 PM
I would be surprised if this was happening with other branches,regarding parkhead,the man who runs the FIHSC was in the cellick end as he wasn't able to get a ticket online

It would be nice to hear that confirmed. :hmmm:

ValleyHibee
06-12-2017, 11:15 PM
I have never known this person MISS a Hibs game,i was in the Hibs end and was shocked too see him and another two fanatical Hibbys in their end,don't think he would be happy that other branches were getting tkts before everybody else

southern hibby
06-12-2017, 11:47 PM

100% this.

GGTTH

Barney McGrew
07-12-2017, 08:13 AM
There's definitely a question to be asked at the AGM tonight as to whether this happens or not and if so, why some branches - and by extension some season ticket holders - are getting advance opportunity to purchase away tickets despite not being AST members.

Bostonhibby
07-12-2017, 09:10 AM
Maybe OfficialHFC can respond to this thread with some answers? :dunno:

Fans reps able to find out anything for fans who are interested / concerned?

Kojock
07-12-2017, 09:13 AM
Fans reps able to find out anything for fans who are interested / concerned?

Think somebody said Tracey was going to find out.

Bostonhibby
07-12-2017, 09:18 AM

Carheenlea
07-12-2017, 09:46 AM

After the league Derby we have three weekends consisting of Hearts away in Cup, Celtic away then Rangers away. This confusion and allegation needs to be cleared up before all these games.

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2017, 09:57 AM

There are members here who could squash this now, yet there's no sign of them. And yet they have been viewing these threads all along? :hmmm:

wearethehibs
07-12-2017, 10:29 AM
Some of the posts on this are brilliant. Can see someone at Hibs just now. Quick we better respond to that thread on .net, theres about 1% of our current season ticket holders demanding answers.

Barney McGrew
07-12-2017, 11:07 AM
Some of the posts on this are brilliant. Can see someone at Hibs just now. Quick we better respond to that thread on .net, theres about 1% of our current season ticket holders demanding answers.

Do you think it's fair that some people should potentially be getting preferential treatment when it comes to away tickets because they happen to travel on a particular bus to games?

Bristolhibby
07-12-2017, 11:19 AM
Do you think it's fair that some people should potentially be getting preferential treatment when it comes to away tickets because they happen to travel on a particular bus to games?

Absolutely not. The only people getting preference should be away season ticket holders.

Everyone else should enter themselves into an online lottery. You can enter it with numbered ST names, and then it’s allocated by computer.

Put your card details in in advance and the payment can be taken straight away.

No queuing, totally fair.

Either that, or bring back points. The IT is there to have meaningful points boundaries. Likewise, you can link your friends and families on different levels and if they are successful the system automatically allocates tickets together. Ticket allocation not made until all point brackets have been achieved or tickets have sold out.

Surely not rocket science.

J

EDIT
BTW I am utterly ****ed at the moment for getting away tickets for popular games. However I live down South so have made peace with that.

I have been to all of Parkhead, Ibrox and Tynecastle in the past. No idea how I will ever get to any of these games again.

J

SaulGoodman
07-12-2017, 11:43 AM
If you want tickets you'll just have to join an elite supporters club clearly. Simple.

wookie70
07-12-2017, 11:48 AM

Or the other way to look at it would be that a large percentage of a fairly decent sample size seems to think there are issues around ticketing. Members of these pages are likely to be the most informed and engaged fans so I would expect the reps and board to at least take a look at the issues being brought up here.

The tickets going to supporters clubs, if true, needs to be addressed quickly. The loyalty/ticket priority scheme should be something that gets discussed on a regular basis depending on our attendances etc.

Since90+2
07-12-2017, 11:48 AM
I cant imagine it will take Tracey very long to find out from the ticket office if such arrangements are in place. Its not as if its company sensitive information that cant be put in the public domain.

Ozyhibby
07-12-2017, 12:02 PM
Or the other way to look at it would be that a large percentage of a fairly decent sample size seems to think there are issues around ticketing. Members of these pages are likely to be the most informed and engaged fans so I would expect the reps and board to at least take a look at the issues being brought up here.

The tickets going to supporters clubs, if true, needs to be addressed quickly. The loyalty/ticket priority scheme should be something that gets discussed on a regular basis depending on our attendances etc.

The club are perfectly prepared to ignore the fans when it suits them.
I asked Traceyhibs on here what the clubs position was on introducing financial fair play rules in Scotland twice on here and she totally blanked it both times.

linlithgowhibbie
07-12-2017, 12:07 PM

I can confirm that the Linlithgow and Bo'ness branch don't get any favours/allocation for any matches!!! But then we don't ask for any!

Argylehibby
07-12-2017, 12:17 PM
Absolutely not. The only people getting preference should be away season ticket holders.

Everyone else should enter themselves into an online lottery. You can enter it with numbered ST names, and then it’s allocated by computer.

Either that, or bring back points. The IT is there to have meaningful points boundaries. Likewise, you can link your friends and families on different levels and if they are successful the system automatically allocates tickets together. Ticket allocation not made until all point brackets have been achieved or tickets have sold out.

J

EDIT
BTW I am utterly ****ed at the moment for getting away tickets for popular games. However I live down South so have made peace with that.

I have been to all of Parkhead, Ibrox and Tynecastle in the past. No idea how I will ever get to any of these games again.

J

How does the ballot work though? firstly do Hibs have the computer system that can allocate in this way? Is it one ticket each and enter individually and I get drawn out first, my daughter 2500th and we sit miles apart. Apply for multiple tickets where do you draw the line at number you can apply for? How do you deal with concessions which are limited at Hearts? If you apply for a concession can you apply for as many other tickets to go with that as you like? If the concession applications exceed the tickets available do they get added to the main draw or have they lost out? One of the group I go with is 80 so is entitled to a concession. Can he apply along with 6 mates and go into a ballot with a far better chance of getting a ticket for all of the group?

The "fair" ballot may not turn out to be as fair as it would seem.

Bostonhibby
07-12-2017, 12:23 PM

J

EDIT

JMore or less where I am on bigger away games now. I do respect and support the view that ST holders come first. I've got good contacts who get me tickets legitimately on occasions, other times we sit in the home fans areas or pay hospitality prices.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
07-12-2017, 12:27 PM
I can confirm that the Linlithgow and Bo'ness branch don't get any favours/allocation for any matches!!! But then we don't ask for any!

Well done and actually coming out to confirm this. :top marks

Baldy Foghorn
07-12-2017, 12:28 PM
The club are perfectly prepared to ignore the fans when it suits them.
I asked Traceyhibs on here what the clubs position was on introducing financial fair play rules in Scotland twice on here and she totally blanked it both times.

Maybe because the Club are dealing with it internally and it's sensitive information?