PDA

View Full Version : NHC Does Craig Levein write the Scotsman's match reports?

G B Young
04-12-2017, 06:27 AM
You'd think so judging by Moira Gordon's report, from which you'd think Hearts were blameless victims in Saturday's madcap goings-on v Hamilton:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hamilton-s-dougie-imrie-accuses-hearts-of-sour-grapes-1-4630031

One can only imagine what allisbarry's take on it will be later on...

JimBHibees
04-12-2017, 06:42 AM
You'd think so judging by Moira Gordon's report, from which you'd think Hearts were blameless victims in Saturday's madcap goings-on v Hamilton:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hamilton-s-dougie-imrie-accuses-hearts-of-sour-grapes-1-4630031

One can only imagine what allisbarry's take on it will be later on...

Wow sounds like an officiial Hearts report incredibly biased. The ref being blamed for the Levein incident wow. Berra should be done for his comments also.

Ringothedog
04-12-2017, 07:54 AM
I am trying to figure out how you "run back 2 feet" as the referee supposedly did prior to sending Levein off and how Dougie Imrie was not best placed to see the controversial incidents considering that the 2nd yellow card for the first sending off was committed on him.

Geo_1875
04-12-2017, 08:33 AM
Another report that fails to mention that McPhee left the technical area to grab the ball in an effort to waste time. That's what caused the problem.

JimBHibees
04-12-2017, 08:44 AM
Another report that fails to mention that McPhee left the technical area to grab the ball in an effort to waste time. That's what caused the problem.

And then deliberately held onto the ball behind his back forcing McKinnon to try and get it creating the contact. No mention also of Leveins conduct his sarcastic clapping of the ref after he was sent off. Dont see that Madden did anything wrong in that instance at all. I am assuming there is going to be days of coverage of the fracas similar to the Lennon Duffy clash last season.

Baader
04-12-2017, 08:53 AM
No mention of Levein setting off the smoke alarm pre-match as well. Poor.

Bostonhibby
04-12-2017, 08:56 AM
Wonder how the official hearts version as produced by their media wing will compare with the match officials actual report.

They're trapped in a time warp if they think it's okay because a lazy reporter wrote what they were told. The rest of the world have eyes and can see through the spin.

Mcphee and Potter are comic book figures here. Long may it continue

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Tornadoes70
04-12-2017, 09:03 AM
And then deliberately held onto the ball behind his back forcing McKinnon to try and get it creating the contact. No mention also of Leveins conduct his sarcastic clapping of the ref after he was sent off. Dont see that Madden did anything wrong in that instance at all. I am assuming there is going to be days of coverage of the fracas similar to the Lennon Duffy clash last season.

Its demoralising being a team that's tom kite, mid table and will in all likelihood fall further down the table with nothing to talk about. Their Jambo leaning friends in the media will dramatise this for all its worth and try to make it sound much more interesting than its worth. Wonder if Kenny McIntyre will give over part of his show most of this week to it when not discussing the huns and Derek McInnes of course.

GreenOnions
04-12-2017, 09:49 AM
It does read like a fan's partisan report written straight after the match before they've had the opportunity to calm down and reflect. Given how Hamilton play football though it may be a pretty accurate assessment.

It just strikes a questionable note when it's compared with the media's somewhat sceptical response to identical claims from Hibs last week. Hey ho - at least Moira's team is ****.

brog
04-12-2017, 09:50 AM
Trump would be embarrassed at the spin on that report & Moira Gordon should be ashamed of regurgitating the Yam fantasies. The diet Huns have obviously borrowed their big cousins' playbook for the weekend. Actually, & I can't believe I'm saying this, but Gary Ralston in the DR today nails it. He blames Yams 100% for the nonsense & even talks about a narrative, also known as lies, emerging over the weekend, where the ref's supposed inconsistencies caused the problems. Hopefully this will rebound on Yams!

snooky
04-12-2017, 10:15 AM
Trump would be embarrassed at the spin on that report & Moira Gordon should be ashamed of regurgitating the Yam fantasies. The diet Huns have obviously borrowed their big cousins' playbook for the weekend. Actually, & I can't believe I'm saying this, but Gary Ralston in the DR today nails it. He blames Yams 100% for the nonsense & even talks about a narrative, also known as lies, emerging over the weekend, where the ref's supposed inconsistencies caused the problems. Hopefully this will rebound on Yams!

DR not a good source for the truth even though they may accidentally print it on the odd occasion.

Famous Fiver
04-12-2017, 10:27 AM
Straight out of Jumbo Traynor's book of fantasy reporting.

Tynie01011973
04-12-2017, 10:30 AM
and how Dougie Imrie was not best placed to see the controversial incidents considering that the 2nd yellow card for the first sending off was committed on him.

Imrie was chopped down for Brandon's first booking not the second.
It was Rojano that was elbowed at the sending off

NAE NOOKIE
04-12-2017, 10:30 AM
I think it was Berra himself who got away with a ridiculous flying barge into the back of a Hamilton player right in front of the ref in the first half, he must have forgotten that one. I'm surprised more hasn't been made of Laughertys flying lunge at a Hamilton player in the dying seconds, if he had made more contact they guy could have been seriously injured.

McPhee pulled the Hamilton player down on top of him, its clear as day from the TV replay and Levin is an idiot if he thinks his opinion of the ref's refusal to walk that extra two yards will wash with the SPLF, refs do that as a matter of course, yes its annoying, but suck it up dafty the same as all the other players and managers have to. Chuck in the sarcastic applause and the fact he took a seat in the stand where he could still communicate with Daley on the bench and I doubt Mr 460 has heard the last of this one :greengrin

G B Young
04-12-2017, 10:35 AM

MacPhee invites the barge by standing in the Hamilton player's way then gets a hand round his back to bring him down on top of him. Good refereeing to spot that only one party was at fault.

I've just read allisbarry's report which is surprisingly less partisan than Moira Gordon's though it does contain this about Berra:

"The club captain has played top-level international football and experienced England’s Premier League, but never before has he been involved in such a disorderly 90 minutes."

Does he mean Saturday's shambles is beneath such a world-class talent as Berra?

worcesterhibby
04-12-2017, 11:25 AM
Interestingly I have just received this exclusive image showing Levein and McPhee recording the new Hearts Christmas record !

truehibernian
04-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Wow sounds like an officiial Hearts report incredibly biased. The ref being blamed for the Levein incident wow. Berra should be done for his comments also.

Berra was incredibly fortunate to also not see red - should have had a yellow card before his cynical trip of Templeton. Great to see how he and Souttar can’t handle pace and directness - hopefully we take note and fully exploit that in the derby Jim.

ancient hibee
04-12-2017, 03:49 PM
They had over 20 fouls given against them and the whole back line was booked.The ref was quite right to move Levien away from the bench to speak to him.When they speak to a player they move other players away.As you can’t move a bench away the individual has to move to the ref.The Scotsman report is a disgrace .