PDA

View Full Version : Hampden-Scottish Football museum

speedy_gonzales
03-12-2017, 04:19 PM
For those that have been to the Scottish Football Museum at Hampden, do you have to book before you visit for a stadium tour?
I've had a look at the website and there is a tab for booking but no info there, at the bottom of the page there is an email/phone number which I'll no doubt call later in the week but thought I could reserve online?!?!

eastender1
03-12-2017, 04:27 PM
For those that have been to the Scottish Football Museum at Hampden, do you have to book before you visit for a stadium tour?
I've had a look at the website and there is a tab for booking but no info there, at the bottom of the page there is an email/phone number which I'll no doubt call later in the week but thought I could reserve online?!?!

I just turned up. It was just me and my son - I was sure the tour guide was a Hun, lots of references to Hibs fans on the pitch etc. Turned out he was a Partick Thistle fan, after which the awkward silences eased up a bit :)

Nakedmanoncrack
03-12-2017, 04:28 PM
Just turn up, the museum and tour are excellent.

Glory Lurker
03-12-2017, 04:45 PM
the museum and tour are excellent.

:agree: If the SFA did everything else so well, Scotland would be defending the World Cup next summer. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
03-12-2017, 05:12 PM
Just turn up, the museum and tour are excellent.

Went 2 years ago. You could spend all day in the museum, so much to see, read and listen too

Nakedmanoncrack
03-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Went 2 years ago. You could spend all day in the museum, so much to see, read and listen too

Agreed, I've been a few times.

EH54
03-12-2017, 05:44 PM
Went the week after the cup final no tour was on but they took us pitch side anyway and told us they werent best pleased with us �� near the end be sure to nominate Sir David Gray for the hall of fame ��

celthedd1
03-12-2017, 08:45 PM
Went the week after the cup final no tour was on but they took us pitch side anyway and told us they werent best pleased with us �� near the end be sure to nominate Sir David Gray for the hall of fame ��

I paid with Tesco vouchers the day before the 2012 final, the guide was a Queens Park man, the stands were busy with both sets of fans arranging the displays and took us to the west changing rooms, after the match I could visuslise them celebrating in the same room as I was in 24 hours earlier,horrific thought but the museum was excellent.

SteveHFC
03-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Need to do the tour at some point.