PDA

View Full Version : The Colin Weir Stand

3pm
03-12-2017, 10:08 AM
Is that the worst stand in the Premiership? Ideal if you are under 5’8 and there are no long balls played during the game.

I know Partick don’t have lots of cash but it’s dire.

green&left
03-12-2017, 10:11 AM
Nah Parkhead is cos of the supporting pillar. Then it was Motherwell cos of the bird **** and manky seats. Just now its Partick's ground but in a fortnight it will be Pittodrie due to the segrgation fence obstructed the view a bit.

Stood up the back and enjoyed it, no issues for me.

Hermit Crab
03-12-2017, 10:13 AM
Now we know why they moved home fans out of it and moved their hospitality to the Jackie Husband stand on the other side. Horrendous stand and view. Toilets that can only accommodate about 5 people, one food outlet the size of a garden shed and very narrow walkways and stairwells. Uneven concrete at the turnstiles, I went over on my ankle after I went through the turnstiles due to this. My niece said there was no lights in the ladies toilets as well. SPFL standard? I think not.

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Now we know why they moved home fans out of it and moved their hospitality to the Jackie Husband stand on the other side. Horrendous stand and view. Toilets that can only accommodate about 5 people, one food outlet the size of a garden shed and very narrow walkways and stairwells. Uneven concrete at the turnstiles, I went over on my ankle after I went through the turnstiles due to this. My niece said there was no lights in the ladies toilets as well. SPFL standard? I think not.

Half time queues for the toilet were a joke, queueing on staircase, to get in to a tiny urinal, poor stuff in this day and age

Iggy Pope
03-12-2017, 10:23 AM
It was horrible and I quite enjoyed it.

theonlywayisup
03-12-2017, 10:39 AM
It was horrible and I quite enjoyed it.

:agree:

I thought it was a return to the dark ages when I arrived through the turnstiles.

I was lucky to be near the front and my 'pillar' only obscured a bit near the middle of the left hand side of the pitch.

I thought it was great being along the side of the pitch rather than behind the goals. I would go back again, though (hopefully) not this season. :greengrin

Kojock
03-12-2017, 10:44 AM
Half time queues for the toilet were a joke, queueing on staircase, to get in to a tiny urinal, poor stuff in this day and age

Told you, you would be lucky to see the start of the second half 😂

18Hibee75
03-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Quite enjoyed the stand, was a very good atmosphere generated from the hibs fans as well. The only thing annoying about it though was the trek to the men's toilets from where I was sitting!

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
03-12-2017, 10:52 AM
Told you, you would be lucky to see the start of the second half 😂

Got to seat as the teams re-appeared. Missed the pitch team talk, never realised that had happened:rolleyes: