PDA

View Full Version : Support

02-12-2017, 06:21 PM
2,000 hibs fans at this time of year for a game like that is a great support, especially after a couple of ropey results.

Good work everyone who went along.

JohnMcM
02-12-2017, 06:22 PM
2,000 hibs fans at this time of year for a game like that is a great support, especially after a couple of ropey results.

Good work everyone who went along.

:thumbsup:

SChibs
02-12-2017, 06:23 PM
One of my thoughts at the game is that it's a strange place to put away fans behind the dugout. Did we get the whole of that stand?

Shrekko
02-12-2017, 06:26 PM
Did we get the whole of that stand?

We did👍🏻

Borderhibbie76
02-12-2017, 07:03 PM
Great atmosphere today throughout the match...brilliant [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

EL Green
02-12-2017, 07:35 PM
Great atmosphere today throughout the match...brilliant [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibs fans were noisy throughout, hardly heard the home fans.

Iggy Pope
02-12-2017, 07:59 PM
Some racket. Loving Starman.

Carheenlea
02-12-2017, 09:07 PM
Never stopped for the 90 minutes - great support for the team.

02-12-2017, 09:12 PM
Well done to the Green & White Army.

Carheenlea
02-12-2017, 09:44 PM
Couldn't help raising a smile at the Stokes song, but not one I guess that will receive universal endorsement from the support as a whole!

penihibs
02-12-2017, 10:36 PM
As an old codger now got to take your hat off to the young team.
They really back the team,good on you guys non stop chanting..
We are the mental hibees !!!

truehibernian
02-12-2017, 10:51 PM
The Hibs support for the last 3 seasons have been simply excellent, home and away. The positivity from the stands has been one of the reasons I really fell back in love with the club and really enjoying going to games again, even when we lose - not that I would ever turn my back on the team, but before relegation it was grim going to games and hearing all the negativity. Even my son and his mates say it's a day to look forward to nowadays rather than a day where they'd rather do something else. Our support have been superb, young and old :aok: In the derbies especially they have been that proverbial '12th Man'.

Still Smiling
02-12-2017, 10:57 PM
The stand today was a disgrace, no signs for toilets, dreadful toilets and no leg room.....but great atmosphere! GGTTH

monktonharp
02-12-2017, 11:06 PM
The stand today was a disgrace, no signs for toilets, dreadful toilets and no leg room.....but great atmosphere! GGTTHOh, so you want the Jags to just conjure up a meggadrome, with legroom like they have in gorgie then? :greengrin

forget about toilet legroom, stand up:greengrin

pacorosssco
02-12-2017, 11:08 PM

I agree younger ones drive atmosphere. Dont get enough praise

Hermit Crab
03-12-2017, 08:49 AM
1992 away fans.

Billy Whizz
03-12-2017, 09:02 AM
Some racket. Loving Starman.

It’s a fantastic song.
Maybe we should have a section on .net, all the words to the songs

One Day
03-12-2017, 09:07 AM
1992 away fans.

Was a tremendous turn out and never stopped backing the team

Earlydelivery
03-12-2017, 09:11 AM
The song Starman .. who is it about , and what’s the tune ?

Souter96Mac
03-12-2017, 09:26 AM
Any idea how the crowd is looking for next week, we due a sell out?

Viva_Palmeiras
03-12-2017, 09:34 AM

In a Hibs context - Boyler.

The tune is Starman (funnily enough) by David Bowie.

Hermit Crab
03-12-2017, 09:37 AM

Celtic have been given the whole end after all the greeting about halving their allocation as we could sell half the south stand.

Roxyhibee
03-12-2017, 09:45 AM

As a fellow older codger who has supported since the 60's, I totally agree.

This new generation of supporters are the best I can recall, considering what they've been put through.

Best young supporters in the country.

Long suffering
03-12-2017, 10:14 AM
I dont get to many matches as im not Edinburgh based anymore but was accidentally near the main singing bit yesterday and the atmospheres absolutely fantastic. Good varied songbook we've got now with Starman being pick of the bunch! Desperate for my next away outing now 👍🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Iggy Pope
03-12-2017, 10:22 AM

Goes to the tune of Starman, Bowie classic. You'll get it on Spotify.

Runs like...

There's a StarMAN!
Waiting on the right.
His name is Martin Boyle.
And he's ****ing dynamite.

Well done to whoever came up with it.
Although it's probably been knocked off someone else?

03-12-2017, 10:23 AM
Goes to the tune of Starman, Bowie classic. You'll get it on Spotify.

Runs like...

There's a StarMAN!
Waiting on the right.
His name is Martin Boyle.
And he's ****ing dynamite.

Well done to whoever came up with it.
Although it's probably been knocked off someone else?

Is it not “playing on the right”?

Think Man Utd sang it about that Januzaj boy a few years ago

hibeejoy
03-12-2017, 10:39 AM
Great effort :thumbsup:!!!

18Hibee75
03-12-2017, 10:49 AM

Think Man Utd sang it about that Januzaj boy a few years agoYeah it's playing on the right, think you're right about man utd, I know Wales fans sang it about Ben Woodburn as well.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
03-12-2017, 10:51 AM

Think Man Utd sang it about that Januzaj boy a few years ago

Bowie had his Starman waiting, but I suppose it could be.
Knew deep down it must have come from somewhere and Manure have put me right off it!

Earlydelivery
03-12-2017, 10:57 AM
Had a quick look .. defo looks like a sell out , not a lot left at all.

traceyhibs
03-12-2017, 12:28 PM
The support yesterday was brilliant. Non stop singing loved it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1van Sprou7e
03-12-2017, 02:18 PM
Couldn't help raising a smile at the Stokes song, but not one I guess that will receive universal endorsement from the support as a whole!

What's the Stokes song?

Hermit Crab
03-12-2017, 02:34 PM
What's the Stokes song?

Cringeworthy and shouldn't be sung, they also sung the Craig Thomson song too, again cringeworthy

Sir David Gray
03-12-2017, 03:27 PM
What's the Stokes song?

It's about his dad being in the IRA and that he hates Rangers and so do the people singing the song.

Hopefully it doesn't take off.

StPauli
03-12-2017, 04:10 PM
I thought Stokes Dad song was a song from a bygone era which does not belong at football and as for the 'Marvin song' thought it was pretty tasteless, in fact we had a couple of females on with us yesterday and they like I found it pretty disgusting. Lets stop this sexist songs and we've got plenty of songs so lets support our team.

My_Wife_Camille
03-12-2017, 04:34 PM
I thought Stokes Dad song was a song from a bygone era which does not belong at football and as for the 'Marvin song' thought it was pretty tasteless, in fact we had a couple of females on with us yesterday and they like I found it pretty disgusting. Lets stop this sexist songs and we've got plenty of songs so lets support our team.
Not Hibs class. Has taken the shine off the win for me.

givescotlandfreedom
03-12-2017, 04:35 PM
Cringeworthy and shouldn't be sung, they also sung the Craig Thomson song too, again cringeworthy

Both cringe worthy.

03-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Christ I tried to start a positive thread.

Stuart93
03-12-2017, 04:40 PM

Should know some fans have to moan about something 🙄

Hermit Crab
03-12-2017, 04:53 PM
Should know some fans have to moan about something ��

So songs mentioning the IRA and sexual abuse sung by Hibs "fans" yesterday is ok? These songs should never get an airing ever!

CentreLine
03-12-2017, 05:12 PM

I think it is pretty balanced and fair what people are saying. The singing and support from our supporters generally and especially a particular group is fantastic. But not to challenge the one or two blatantly wrong songs would be wrong in itself. The people who create an atmosphere should be encouraged but they should also know there are some avenues they should avoid

Hibernia&Alba
03-12-2017, 05:19 PM
Was a superb turnout. We went to a pub afterwards to watch Arsenal V Man United and were a tad inebriated. Great day oot :aok:

Albanian Hibs
03-12-2017, 05:21 PM

Whats the Marvin song?

Lago
03-12-2017, 05:23 PM
Wise up it's more than just something.

Del Boy
03-12-2017, 05:23 PM
If you’re happy singing a song about the IRA don’t support Hibs.

Hibernia&Alba
03-12-2017, 05:24 PM
So songs mentioning the IRA and sexual abuse sung by Hibs yesterday is ok? These songs should never get an airing ever!

Agreed. Very Old Firm type patter; embarrassing stuff.

Hermit Crab
03-12-2017, 05:29 PM
Whats the Marvin song?

He s***s who he wants, another cringey song that should not be sung.

BoltonHibee
03-12-2017, 06:30 PM

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

blackpoolhibs
03-12-2017, 06:52 PM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Dont know what you are laughing about, i'm sick as a pig that we won yesterday despite the appalling behaviour of some of our fans.

edinburghhibee
03-12-2017, 07:30 PM
Agreed. Very Old Firm type patter; embarrassing stuff.

This all day, Let’s not fall into the same trap as our neighbours with this crap

cabbageandribs1875
03-12-2017, 07:37 PM
I think it is pretty balanced and fair what people are saying. The singing and support from our supporters generally and especially a particular group is fantastic. But not to challenge the one or two blatantly wrong songs would be wrong in itself. The people who create an atmosphere should be encouraged but they should also know there are some avenues they should avoid

good post :agree:

Finn2015
03-12-2017, 08:36 PM
The Hibs support for the last 3 seasons have been simply excellent, home and away. The positivity from the stands has been one of the reasons I really fell back in love with the club and really enjoying going to games again, even when we lose - not that I would ever turn my back on the team, but before relegation it was grim going to games and hearing all the negativity. Even my son and his mates say it's a day to look forward to nowadays rather than a day where they'd rather do something else. Our support have been superb, young and old :aok: In the derbies especially they have been that proverbial '12th Man'.

This. No one can say that the support hasn’t backed the club in numbers. Fantastic support

HibeeHibernian4
03-12-2017, 08:39 PM
Don't think it was the singing section themselves starting any of those chants yesterday to be honest. The Stokesy's da one definitely got an airing at Ibrox a few months back. Not happy with the Bartley one in particular. These chants should be stamped out, best way to do that might be for some of the others fans to start/join in with some chants themselves. Felt at times like the group with drum were the only ones giving it a go, bit odd for a good day out. Not having a go, just curious as to why some fans don't join in with hail hail and wahfc much.

edit: to clarify, I think it was people standing behind them more starting the more distasteful chants, can't be certain and not trying to grass up anyone.

SideBurns
03-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Don't think it was the singing section themselves starting any of those chants yesterday to be honest. The Stokesy's da one definitely got an airing at Ibrox a few months back. Not happy with the Bartley one in particular. These chants should be stamped out, best way to do that might be for some of the others fans to start/join in with some chants themselves. Felt at times like the group with drum were the only ones giving it a go, bit odd for a good day out. Not having a go, just curious as to why some fans don't join in with hail hail and wahfc much.

edit: to clarify, I think it was people standing behind them more starting the more distasteful chants, can't be certain and not trying to grass up anyone.
The support was superb yesterday. I'm pretty sure the brutal Bartley song only got one airing (and wasn't sung by many) and wouldn't have been appreciated by Marv who I'd imagine will be anxious to put the whole thing behind him. Likewise, the Stokesy's Da one was only heard once (as far as I can recall) but we have a great songbook these days without getting involved in that stuff. Although, regardless of whichever proscribed organisation Old Man Stokes may or may not belong to, it is only natural to agree with the sentiments re the Huns...

green&left
03-12-2017, 09:48 PM
The Stokeys da one first got an airing at the harp on the scottish cup anniversary when Stokes was in. Couldnt really give a f... either way.

Whats the Bartley song?

Hibernia&Alba
03-12-2017, 10:03 PM
The Stokeys da one first got an airing at the harp on the scottish cup anniversary when Stokes was in. Couldnt really give a f... either way.

Whats the Bartley song?

Can't agree with you there, Scott. We should avoid having songs amongst some of the away support that mention the IRA, even if it is a rare occurrence. We're not Celtic and don't need it.

Albanian Hibs
03-12-2017, 10:11 PM

Has it really? How dramatic 😂😂😂

Lancs Harp
03-12-2017, 10:12 PM
Can't agree with you there, Scott. We should avoid having songs amongst some of the away support that mention the IRA, even if it is a rare occurrence. We're not Celtic and don't need it.

As an English Hibee or indeed I would guess any exiled Hibee south of the border I face a constant battle against being accused of being diet Celtic, a fenian, a left footer .... you know the routine. I patiently explain Hibs as a club is just not like that, sure its has Irish roots but has moved on considerably since the 1890s unlike our Glaswegian cousins, politically as is Leith itself, very bohemian, very fair minded, open to change and accepting of anything foreign or different, well thats my take on Hibs anyway. We've moved on fellas, the Stokesy song is just plain bollux and embarrassing.

Sir David Gray
03-12-2017, 10:13 PM

Absolutely.

I take pride from the fact that I can tell people that we do not sing songs about the IRA and that we are genuinely different from Celtic.

Hearing songs like that is really disappointing and makes it difficult to defend the club against accusations that we're "wee Celtic", even although it's still nonsense in almost every way.

I hope we cut this nonsense out and if I ever hear anyone singing stuff like that near me then I'll be reporting them to the club.

Swedish hibee
03-12-2017, 10:17 PM
Did you see the big yellow mascot? That thing is hilarious- it was featured on a TV show over here, the only time I think I've seen Scottish football on mainstream tv in Sweden!🙈

Carheenlea
03-12-2017, 10:19 PM
For context, the Stokes song was aired once, and by about 10-15 fans max. This is contrast to many other popular songs and chants that had the whole stand joining in at times.
Personally, the song doesn't particularly offend me - it's light hearted and not really an endorsement of the IRA, but it's not one that will take off in a big way. Probably a good thing though, I agree.

Hibernia&Alba
03-12-2017, 10:22 PM
For context, the Stokes song was aired once, and by about 10-15 fans max. This is contrast to many other popular songs and chants that had the whole stand joining in at times.
Personally, the song doesn't particularly offend me - it's light hearted and not really an endorsement of the IRA, but it's not one that will take off in a big way. Probably a good thing though, I agree.

Yes, true. Lets nip it in the bud and move on. We have plenty of good songs.

SunshineOnLeith
03-12-2017, 10:23 PM

This. It's a 'pub song', similar vein to the Mercer one and its various Roseburn-remixes.

Not exactly great, but neither is it worth getting particularly excited about.

Greenfly
04-12-2017, 12:29 AM

It is positive. Praising the brilliant support we have and criticising the few pillocks who still live in the dark ages are both very positive things.

NAE NOOKIE
04-12-2017, 12:59 PM
As another poster said we probably have the best set of young fans in the country just now, the effort they have put in is to be applauded and even though they still have a bit to go in the bog standard games the atmosphere in big games at Easter Road over the last few years has been electric at times with everybody joining in.

I don't know how much they have to do with the Stokes and Bartley songs as some folk better placed than me to comment are suggesting they aren't solely to blame for starting them.

All I can do is endorse what other folk are saying .... Don't get involved in stuff like that kids, leave the IRA references to the smellies out west, we have worked so hard to leave that stuff in the past, and leave the sexist stuff to fans who don't have the imagination to come up with better.

Other than that, keep up the good work :aok:

My_Wife_Camille
04-12-2017, 02:59 PM
People on this thread just looking for reasons to be offended. PC gone mad

flash
04-12-2017, 03:05 PM

Not sure singing a song glorifying one of our players being convicted of threatening behaviour towards a woman counts as "PC gone mad".

As someone else said i very much doubt the player concerned wants it kept in the spotlight.

My_Wife_Camille
04-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Not sure singing a song glorifying one of our players being convicted of threatening behaviour towards a woman counts as "PC gone mad".

As someone else said i very much doubt the player concerned wants it kept in the spotlight.
Deary me. PC brigade out in force

IGRIGI
04-12-2017, 03:21 PM
Did you see the big yellow mascot? That thing is hilarious

Racist.

RIP
04-12-2017, 04:12 PM
Deary me. PC brigade out in force

Not sure what you mean by PC brigade bud.

givescotlandfreedom
04-12-2017, 05:32 PM
As an English Hibee or indeed I would guess any exiled Hibee south of the border I face a constant battle against being accused of being diet Celtic, a fenian, a left footer .... you know the routine. I patiently explain Hibs as a club is just not like that, sure its has Irish roots but has moved on considerably since the 1890s unlike our Glaswegian cousins, politically as is Leith itself, very bohemian, very fair minded, open to change and accepting of anything foreign or different, well thats my take on Hibs anyway. We've moved on fellas, the Stokesy song is just plain bollux and embarrassing.

Correct

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 12:33 AM

You're at it! Songs mentioning the IRA, a song about one of our players "pumping" for use of a better word, who he wants and a song with lyrics about sexual abuse in it is ok in your book is it? Definitely not PC brigade gone mad, theres no place at our club for rubbish like that and if it continues we may find ourselves hit with a fine from the governing bodies. Leave the awful songs to OF, we are Hibs and we are better than that! Not only are they offensive, they are cringeworthy.

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2017, 12:51 AM
You're at it! Songs mentioning the IRA, a song about one of our players "pumping" for use of a better word, who he wants and a song with lyrics about sexual abuse in it is ok in your book is it? Definitely not PC brigade gone mad, theres no place at our club for rubbish like that and if it continues we may find ourselves hit with a fine from the governing bodies. Leave the awful songs to OF, we are Hibs and we are better than that! Not only are they offensive, they are cringeworthy.

Here we go again. Another day, another bunch of people getting their knickers in a twist over nothing.

Welcome to 2017 where people are offended by everything

Let the guys enjoy their day out for goodness sake. Some folk really need to unravel their knickers and get over themselves.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Here we go again. Another day, another bunch of people getting their knickers in a twist over nothing.

Let the guys enjoy their day out for goodness sake. Some folk really need to unravel their knickers and get over themselves.

Nice try, I know you're not trying to justify the singing of offensive songs here......., you're also not trying to say its ok, you are blatantly at it for the sake of it and its trolling, plain and simple.

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2017, 10:58 AM
Nice try, I know you're not trying to justify the singing of offensive songs here......., you're also not trying to say its ok, you are blatantly at it for the sake of it and its trolling, plain and simple.
Deary me

SRHibs
05-12-2017, 11:03 AM

So were you at the windup in the other thread then aye? Because if we are able to make tenuous cries of racism when it comes to fancy dress costumes, I’d imagine you’d have the savvy to realise why these songs shouldn’t be condoned.

CallumLaidlaw
05-12-2017, 11:06 AM
Was a superb turnout. We went to a pub afterwards to watch Arsenal V Man United and were a tad inebriated. Great day oot :aok:

We went Back to the Woodside Inn near St Georges cross underground after the match to watch the footie and had a really good time mixing with Partick fans. Was a great day.

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2017, 11:29 AM
So were you at the windup in the other thread then aye? Because if we are able to make tenuous cries of racism when it comes to fancy dress costumes, I’d imagine you’d have the savvy to realise why these songs shouldn’t be condoned.
Could ask you the very same question

SRHibs
05-12-2017, 11:32 AM
Could ask you the very same question

Based on what?

My_Wife_Camille
05-12-2017, 11:52 AM
Based on what?
if you are able to make cries of unacceptable behaviour when it comes to a wee sing song I’d imagine you’d have the savvy to realise why casual racism shouldn’t be condoned.

SRHibs
05-12-2017, 12:05 PM
if you are able to make cries of unacceptable behaviour when it comes to a wee sing song I’d imagine you’d have the savvy to realise why casual racism shouldn’t be condoned.

Who said I’m making cries? I wasn’t necessarily injecting my personal opinion into it, just relating the 2 arguments - shouldn’t be condoned or accepted within your apparent line of thinking. Seems that you’re playing extreme Devil’s advocate in both threads so it’s hard to gauge what your actual opinion is.

CentreLine
05-12-2017, 01:49 PM

:troll::troll:

18Hibee75
07-12-2017, 09:49 AM

Let the guys enjoy their day out for goodness sake. Some folk really need to unravel their knickers and get over themselves.This.

18Hibee75
07-12-2017, 09:53 AM
A thread praising our support has now turned into a thread criticising our support for what? Two songs that took up the whole of 1 minute out of 90? The songs were pretty light hearted. Someone said it took the shine of the win? Has this place gone mad. Maybe if some of the grumpy yer da's could join in with songs we wouldn't have this problem.

NAE NOOKIE
07-12-2017, 01:11 PM
A thread praising our support has now turned into a thread criticising our support for what? Two songs that took up the whole of 1 minute out of 90? The songs were pretty light hearted. Someone said it took the shine of the win? Has this place gone mad. Maybe if some of the grumpy yer da's could join in with songs we wouldn't have this problem.

I haven't heard either song, so I'm only going by what I've heard about them on here.

I would highly doubt that Marvin Bartley wants or needs a song which even indirectly references his recent troubles off the park .. I wonder if he appreciates the reminder about them? Never mind the fact that the nature of the song crosses a line into sexism, which certainly isn't welcome at a club where we have a large female support, a female CEO and where we are rightly proud of the success of our female teams.

As for the Stokes song .... It references the IRA and I for one couldn't give a rats ass how 'light hearted' it is, that's a line I never want to see our support cross, I don't know if you were around in the 70s and early 80s, but at that time we were getting embarrassingly close to being the 'diet Celtic' our Gorgie neighbours like to accuse us of being, since then the club and the fans have worked really hard to distance us from any such accusation to the extent that we can easily back up the claim that we are a football club where the politics of Ireland have no more place than they do at any other club outside of Glasgow. Explain to me how we could express our disgust at the sectarian bile that will no doubt pour out of the south stand next Wednesday if our own fans are singing a song celebrating a players 'alleged' connection with the IRA?

The only criticism there has been of the 'young team' is over the nature of these two songs, its not even clear that it was them who started them according to some on here who were at the match, but whatever the case the response to their efforts home and away has been overwhelmingly positive from what I can see and that will continue to be the case as long as their antics and songbook don't bring the club into disrepute or cause upset to their fellow supporters.

This 'grumpy yer da' has been a long time advocate of a standing / singing section in the FF lower and a big supporter of the efforts of the young guys .... I don't want to see them getting on the wrong side of the club with a poor choice of singing material and jeopardising any chance that one day they might have a proper section in the part of the stadium they should be in.

hibs#1
07-12-2017, 09:12 PM
I have a song idea(shouldn't offend anyone😈)

Kasabian-your in love with a psycho just swap a psycho with the hibees and you have a catchy little number.