PDA

View Full Version : Michael Stewart vs Craig Levein

hhibs
02-12-2017, 05:46 PM
Doing their dinger ,Levein about to come on" Off The Ball"

Sammy7nil
03-12-2017, 08:02 AM
Harry should get over it he is making a complete "fool" of himself. Win some games and Stewart will shut up.

One Day
03-12-2017, 08:29 AM
I read the paper and hear him on radio. I think he's losing it

Stonewall
03-12-2017, 08:37 AM
I can't believe that Levein is getting involved in this.

what does he have to gain?

lapsedhibee
03-12-2017, 10:15 AM

Hoping to nudge The Queen into taking him out of the firing line (where he clearly doesn't want to be)?

Confirmed if he arrives in the dugout next week with pencils up his nose.

AltheHibby
03-12-2017, 10:30 AM
Confirmed if he arrives in the dugout next week with pencils up his nose.

But this will saying "wibble" differ from his normal quality coaching?

And I dread to think what state the underpants on his head will be in!😷

Hibrandenburg
03-12-2017, 10:47 AM

Deflection from the real issues? :dunno:

Stonewall
03-12-2017, 11:46 AM

Do you think he's that calculating?

Col2
03-12-2017, 11:50 AM
Don’t be surprised if the yams do a blanket media ban for the BBC like The Rangers have done.

Peevemor
03-12-2017, 12:01 PM
Everything points to a club in turmoil. The problems with the stand (and ongoing financial effects), the lack of improvement on their return to Tynie, the failed Cathro experiment and the mediocre squad, a manager who doesn't want the job and and owner who, if she has a plan B (ie. without Levein) will have to act soon.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-12-2017, 12:35 PM
Leveins interview re this in yesterdays EN was embarassing.

Hibrandenburg
03-12-2017, 02:10 PM
Do you think he's that calculating?

It's not rocket science.

Lago
03-12-2017, 02:33 PM
Mikey Stewart has played an absolute blinder. :thumbsup:

Bishop Hibee
03-12-2017, 02:52 PM
Hope Stewart is doing Sportscene this evening.

Iggy Pope
03-12-2017, 03:14 PM
Hope Stewart is doing Sportscene this evening.

Not having seen yesterdays events at The Hole, I really cannot wait for Sportscene.

jacomo
03-12-2017, 04:07 PM
Not having seen yesterdays events at The Hole, I really cannot wait for Sportscene.

Madden to Levein: "Come here I'd like a word with you."
Levein to Madden: "You're no in charge."
Madden: "I literally am. Off to the stand."
McPhee: "My ball!"
Madden: "Oh FFS you aren't even playing. Off with you as well."

Stonewall
03-12-2017, 05:44 PM
It's not rocket science.

Exactly. Surely even Levein must realise he's done exactly what Stewart was wanting him to.

can't walk past a fight and never learns.

SirDavidsNapper
03-12-2017, 06:10 PM
Levein's team can't win a game of football for love or money and he's involving himself in a war of words with a pundit. Hearts fans must be raging.....hehe

Northernhibee
03-12-2017, 06:37 PM
Stewart could not have handled that better.

Joe6-2
03-12-2017, 06:42 PM
Stewart could not have handled that better.

Yep, cool, calm and correct!!

gaz1875
03-12-2017, 06:46 PM
The Gorgie ***** have nothing to greet about, Madden had all the big decisions correct, not often you can say that about him :greengrin

Seveno
03-12-2017, 06:52 PM
‘Craig doesn’t like criticism’. You got that right. Mikey.

Northernhibee
03-12-2017, 06:52 PM
Yep, cool, calm and correct!!

Levein looks like a right petulant plum. His actions on Saturday only back that up.

I hope we pump them in the next two games.

SonOfDavidFrancey
03-12-2017, 08:30 PM
Interested to know what others made of the steam ash between McPhee and McKinnon. It looks almost as if (green tint on here) McPhee ‘goes down too easily’ ... he kinda has his arm round McKinnon.

Finn2015
03-12-2017, 08:33 PM
I know I should hate Stewart but I have tbh, think he is one of the better pundits around and enjoy sportscene mainly cos of his input

ACLeith
03-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Interested to know what others made of the steam ash between McPhee and McKinnon. It looks almost as if (green tint on here) McPhee ‘goes down too easily’ ... he kinda has his arm round McKinnon.

McPhee caused it by being a twat but they both kind of slipped due to their studs on the surface. Blown out of porportion by others' reaction.

Hibs Class
03-12-2017, 08:38 PM
If Stewart was out of step with every other pundit you could wonder if Levein had a point, but Stewart's comments seem to reflect the consensus, which I think just confirms that Levein is a twat.

Is It On....
03-12-2017, 11:09 PM
Mikey Stewart has played an absolute blinder. :thumbsup:

He used to be a Jambo but he's now alright..

pacorosssco
03-12-2017, 11:14 PM

Think nothing in it. He takes the ball which is only crime. He fell imo and before hit deck had hands in air. Made worse by fact offical and dugouts then others flapped about. I seen no malice in fact more aggression hamilton player but hes allowed to have hands on ball to take throw

patlowe
04-12-2017, 06:44 AM
McPhee caused it by being a twat but they both kind of slipped due to their studs on the surface. Blown out of porportion by others' reaction.

My initial reaction was that McPhee was looking for a reaction from MacKinnon and dragged them both to the ground as DM was on a booking. Fair dos though if it was just stud slippage, it's easily done.

JimBHibees
04-12-2017, 07:35 AM

Spot on trying to deflect from their current form

Baader
04-12-2017, 08:23 AM
Sent to the stand, applauding the ref, whinging about everything post match. This after having a sizeable rant about Mikey Stewart that any competent manager would have laughed off...

Levein's problem is he just didn't want the managers job. And it really does show.

Geo_1875
04-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Contacting Hibs and Marathonbet about an advert then calling the BBC about a pundit. Why can't they accept that they deserve some criticism for the (bigger) lauging stock they have become.

Baker9
04-12-2017, 10:28 AM
Any new Director at a struggling company is on to a potentially good thing. The only way is, probably, up. Any negatives are explained away as the ‘old regime’ and even the smallest of successes create optimism. There comes a time however when the Director has been in the role long enough to make the required changes and to put in place the ‘new regime’. The company moves onwards and upwards and fortunes are made. No sign of that at Tynecastle. What to do now?

Scorrie
04-12-2017, 10:31 AM

That’s my take on it. Though seeing Paul Gallagher (?) being huckled by that huge polis was very funny!

Nicho87
04-12-2017, 11:27 AM
All very hearts like. When it ain't going to plan, blame anyone and everyone.

snooky
04-12-2017, 11:31 AM
I know I should hate Stewart but I have tbh, think he is one of the better pundits around and enjoy sportscene mainly cos of his input

He doesn't sweep things under the carpet for sure. :greengrin

biotech
04-12-2017, 11:52 AM
Levein might find himself up in front of the Director of Football. Oh, wait a minute ....!

Aldo
04-12-2017, 11:56 AM
My initial reaction was that McPhee was looking for a reaction from MacKinnon and dragged them both to the ground as DM was on a booking. Fair dos though if it was just stud slippage, it's easily done.

Potter mention this and that the Accies boy was already on a yellow so why did he escape card free and a second yellow would have seen him off.

Poor show if they are resorting to these sort of tactics to get players carded!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peevemor
04-12-2017, 12:13 PM
Potter mention this and that the Accies boy was already on a yellow so why did he escape card free and a second yellow would have seen him off.

Poor show if they are resorting to these sort of tactics to get players carded!

Because he didn't do anything wrong? :dunno:

Aldo
04-12-2017, 12:29 PM

[emoji23]

Newry Hibs
04-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Any chance of a summary of what the war of words is about / started?

SuperAllyMcleod
04-12-2017, 02:10 PM
Think nothing in it. He takes the ball which is only crime. He fell imo and before hit deck had hands in air. Made worse by fact offical and dugouts then others flapped about. I seen no malice in fact more aggression hamilton player but hes allowed to have hands on ball to take throw

Taking the ball wasn’t his ‘only crime’. He left the technical area to pick up the ball and then threw it away as soon as the Hamilton player came near him.

I have that down as time wasting and ungentlemanly conduct - two yellows and off to the stand!

Hearts have been masters of time wasting ( when the ball is out of play, as opposed to running the clock down when it’s in play) for years - this was an attempt to take it to a new level.

SanFranHibs
04-12-2017, 02:14 PM
This must be fake news!!

I can't believe Levein is attacking anyone !!

Deansy
04-12-2017, 02:26 PM

Agreed - Hamilton's Imrie acknowledges it in his interview in the 'Scotsman' -

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hamilton-s-dougie-imrie-accuses-hearts-of-sour-grapes-1-4630031

'Hearts are down to ten men and Daz is on a booking so maybe they are trying to get him to react to get a second booking and get him sent off'

For me there's no 'maybe' about it - McPhee clearly pulls McKinnon down (after sneakily throwing the ball away behind him) with him then sticks his hand in the air as if he's the innocent party !. Fortunately McKinnon was too cute for him getting straight up and walking away not saying or doing anything.“Hearts are down to ten men and Daz is on a booking so maybe they are trying to get him to react to get a second booking and get him sent off.

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hamilton-s-dougie-imrie-accuses-hearts-of-sour-grapes-1-4630031

Aldo
04-12-2017, 03:39 PM
Agreed - Hamilton's Imrie acknowledges it in his interview in the 'Scotsman' - https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hamilton-s-dougie-imrie-accuses-hearts-of-sour-grapes-1-4630031 'Hearts are down to ten men and Daz is on a booking so maybe they are trying to get him to react to get a second booking and get him sent off' For me there's no 'maybe' about it - McPhee clearly pulls McKinnon down (after sneakily throwing the ball away behind him) with him then sticks his hand in the air as if he's the innocent party !. Fortunately McKinnon was too cute for him getting straight up and walking away not saying or doing anything.“Hearts are down to ten men and Daz is on a booking so maybe they are trying to get him to react to get a second booking and get him sent off. Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hamilton-s-dougie-imrie-accuses-hearts-of-sour-grapes-1-4630031

Agreed. I posted something similar earlier in the thread after hearing Potters comments.

I would also expect Berra to be spoken to regarding his comments and questioning the standard of the referee and some of the Joke decisions.

They all seem to think they can say and do what they want with little or no consequence!

Firestarter
04-12-2017, 04:04 PM
Agreed. I posted something similar earlier in the thread after hearing Potters comments.

I would also expect Berra to be spoken to regarding his comments and questioning the standard of the referee and some of the Joke decisions.

They all seem to think they can say and do what they want with little or no consequence!

That's because they get away with it. Always been the same.

brog
04-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Levein stated on Sportscene that McKinnon had rugby tackled McPhee. Just what is Harry Potter on?

Firestarter
04-12-2017, 09:11 PM
Levein stated on Sportscene that McKinnon had rugby tackled McPhee. Just what is Harry Potter on?

Budgies Cludge?

04-12-2017, 09:30 PM

Berra's got a cheek with all the barging and climbing on players he does then when he gets the slightest touch on him he's down quicker than a hoors drawers.

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-12-2017, 11:21 PM
Berra's got a cheek with all the barging and climbing on players he does then when he gets the slightest touch on him he's down quicker than a hoors drawers.

The brown trout himself

Firestarter
04-12-2017, 11:28 PM
The brown trout himself

He's also a fan of fake tan. He's the least offence Hearts captain ever though, he would have joined us in the summer if we went in for him. All Simbas mates are Hibees or Celtic fans and also mates with a Hibs loving Benni McCarthy