PDA

View Full Version : After watching Fleetwood town FC on Football Focus.......

andybev1
02-12-2017, 12:18 PM
.... I just wondered if what they have at their training facility, a bar and grill overlooking their first team training, would be viable at Ormiston. Obviously just pure speculation and I have never been to the Hibs training ground so have no idea if expansion would even be possible but it could be a great way of continuing the community feel the club are seeking to achieve and more importantly, it could be a great way of adding to the clubs finances.

These things are harder for our clubs while we keep getting shafted by the TV companies for funds but this sort of thing is what I guess is best looked at while the club is on the up.

Just wonder if people seen FF this morning and what they thought.

QUOTE:

Poolfoot’s opening will see Fleetwood Town boast some of the finest training facilities in the UK with 12 grass pitches, two full size 4G FIFA 2 star standard artificial pitches, a fully fitted gym, fitness studio, physiotherapy suite, dedicated classrooms, meetings rooms, a top quality bar and restaurant, seven changing rooms and offices.

Not only will the facilities – which are fully open to the public – benefit Town’s first team, but the development of young players with the club now in talks to develop their youth academy to match those operated in the Premier League.

Fleetwood setup: http://www.poolfootfarm.co.uk/

Lago
02-12-2017, 12:21 PM
Travel to and from Ormiston could be the problem unless it was an alcohol free visit.

NAE NOOKIE
02-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Yes, you couldn't help but be impressed with the facilities ... in fact the ground they were at last night wasn't too bad either. It shows the money in English football just now when clubs who are in relatively small towns can afford facilities some of our top flight clubs can only dream of, though I got the impression that Fleetwood's owner had pumped a lot of his own money into the club.

I doubt East Mains would be suitable for the sort of thing they do at Fleetwood because its a bit out of the way, but I don't see why we couldn't have some sort of facility at Easter Road itself which is open 6 days a week with players and staff popping in from time to time. Even if it was just a basic Café in one of the stands.

On an unrelated note I watched the Luther Blissett interview from Vicarage Road ..... What a nice job Watford have made of a stadium almost exactly the same size as Easter Road, especially in the corners :greengrin

Flanny boy
02-12-2017, 02:55 PM
Fleetwood recently had a new training facility built at a cost I think was 6m (I could be wrong) and AFC Fylde new stadium and all that goes with it cost around 18m big money considering the level they are playing at

silverhibee
02-12-2017, 04:31 PM
F*** them, cost me 700 bucks today. :boo hoo:

andybev1
02-12-2017, 05:11 PM
Fleetwood recently had a new training facility built at a cost I think was 6m (I could be wrong) and AFC Fylde new stadium and all that goes with it cost around 18m big money considering the level they are playing at

I was impressed with the AFC Fylde stadium last night too. The extra cash from the Watford rematch will do them nicely.

andybev1
02-12-2017, 05:18 PM
I doubt East Mains would be suitable for the sort of thing they do at Fleetwood because its a bit out of the way, but I don't see why we couldn't have some sort of facility at Easter Road itself which is open 6 days a week with players and staff popping in from time to time. Even if it was just a basic Café in one of the stands.

On an unrelated note I watched the Luther Blissett interview from Vicarage Road ..... What a nice job Watford have made of a stadium almost exactly the same size as Easter Road, especially in the corners :greengrin

They could actually do something with one of the corners, the view over arthur seat would be great for a cafe on one floor and sports bar in one of the west side corners.

monktonharp
02-12-2017, 10:18 PM
They could actually do something with one of the corners, the view over arthur seat would be great for a cafe on one floor and sports bar in one of the west side corners.we could argue till the Coo's come hame about the corners being filled in at ER. but in my view, surprisingly not a lot on this forum are for it. there could be dozens of options which could benefit our club in the long term and am sure would satisfy our fans too. I am in the "fill them in " club, obviously:greengrin

poulton hibs
03-12-2017, 09:24 AM
I was impressed with the AFC Fylde stadium last night too. The extra cash from the Watford rematch will do them nicely.

Living close by I've been to Fylde a few times. Great stadium for non league level football.

Tornadoes70
03-12-2017, 10:56 AM
Living close by I've been to Fylde a few times. Great stadium for non league level football.

I attended a midweek evening match when I was down in Fleetwood a few years ago. I paid in behind the goals the home end and was immensely impressed by the sports bar club facility behind the neat standing enclosure type shed I found myself in after a couple of pints in the club. I got talking to a bunch of lads who weren't Fleetwood fans but spend their time travelling around the smaller clubs as they're fed up with the atmosphere at the Premier grounds and find a much better one at lower level clubs like Fleetwood etc. Very impressive.

Thecat23
03-12-2017, 11:01 AM
Blew my coupon yesterday so I’m to angry to compliment them on anything right now!!

NAE NOOKIE
03-12-2017, 12:20 PM
we could argue till the Coo's come hame about the corners being filled in at ER. but in my view, surprisingly not a lot on this forum are for it. there could be dozens of options which could benefit our club in the long term and am sure would satisfy our fans too. I am in the "fill them in " club, obviously:greengrin

I think the disagreement is over what it would cost rather than the concept of filling in the corners as such. It would cost a fair few million to do them all. It has to be a long term goal though, the worst thing you can do is stand still on the pitch and that's where the focus should always be, but its just as big a mistake to think you cant improve off the pitch as well and if we can ever raise the finance we should always hope to complete the stadium.