PDA

View Full Version : The Dens Park bottler speaks.

lord bunberry
01-12-2017, 11:52 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1916989/craig-levein-astonishing-attack-michael-stewart-complained-to-bbc/

nothing is ever craig leveins fault.
Prick.

Jones28
02-12-2017, 12:00 AM
He is as amateurish as they come

lord bunberry
02-12-2017, 12:25 AM
He is as amateurish as they come
He’s trying to create a siege mentality. This is after the “when we get back to tynecastle, we’ll finish second “ failed miserably. The problem they’ve got is that they’ve got an absolute *****bag as a manager and they’ve got a ***** team, being followed by cardigan wearing rover enthusiasts.
Its good to be a hibby.

Col2
02-12-2017, 12:30 AM
How bad does he come over.

Out of his depth.

lord bunberry
02-12-2017, 12:32 AM
How bad does he come over.

Out of his depth.
Can you imagine Neil Lennon giving an interview like that? They’re desperate.

silverhibee
02-12-2017, 12:43 AM
Dr Budge statement on the matter will be sometime next week.

What a f***ing roaster Potter is, a horrible horrible man, hope Hamilton f***ing destroy you tomorrow and Stewart rips you to pieces at the weekend.

Good to be a Hibby :flag:

lord bunberry
02-12-2017, 12:50 AM
Dr Budge statement on the matter will be sometime next week.

What a f***ing roaster Potter is, a horrible horrible man, hope Hamilton f***ing destroy you tomorrow and Stewart rips you to pieces at the weekend.

Good to be a Hibby :flag:
Yes buddy. He’s a horrible ****. Even the hearts fans are starting to see it.

1875godsgift
02-12-2017, 12:59 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1916989/craig-levein-astonishing-attack-michael-stewart-complained-to-bbc/

Prick.

Wow.... What a nobber

No need to **** in his cornflakes, he probably does it himself every morning.

lyonhibs
02-12-2017, 05:53 AM
When a man's words and general demeanor make me feel empathy with Michael Stewart, that man must be a grade A throbber.

Step forward Craig Levein

IGRIGI
02-12-2017, 06:11 AM
Harry Bottler's lost it, the comment regarding Stewart being the worst value signing is cringetastic, he's a broken man.

I don't think he's realised that by having such a direct go at Stewart he's just going to have all media outlets running to Stewart for his opinion each time Hearts are gubbed.

StevieCowan
02-12-2017, 06:17 AM
I hope Michael comes out and tells the world why he doesn’t like Levein..

Johnny_Leith
02-12-2017, 06:20 AM
For those unfamiliar with 'Open goal' it's an interview series by weegie Simon ferry, current Peterhead midfielder previously of Portsmouth, Swindon and Dundee.

In his Scotland section of James McFadden's interview, it gives some insight into Craig Levein as a manager...

https://youtu.be/kmx0RNJG-3A

Ps, there's some good interviews in his series, including Kevin Thomson.

Bostonhibby
02-12-2017, 06:51 AM
Was it the same big boy as gave him a Chinese burn the last time? If so if I was him I'd tell that nice Mrs Budge, she'll send a letter to the teacher.

It's bad enough having to give his play piece to that lennon boy but if Stewart is calling him names as well it's no wonder he can't get his team to play football / win a game.

He was probably a victim when he was in the Scotland role as well but there was nobody to write a letter for him.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Nameless
02-12-2017, 06:59 AM
Would someone be kind enough to copy the article for those who wouldn't click tabloid links - thanks.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
02-12-2017, 07:40 AM
Cringe

green day
02-12-2017, 07:52 AM
Would someone be kind enough to copy the article for those who wouldn't click tabloid links - thanks.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/12/01/making-fool-hearts-boss-craig-levein-accuses-michael-stewart-pursuing-personal-agenda-questions-bbcs-role/

Enjoy how a professional football manager deals with the press :greengrin

mjhibby
02-12-2017, 08:00 AM
To think he was scotland manager. He just can't take criticism as shown when punching Graham hogg. He sums up the hertz ethos of there always being a reason why they aren't winning. They have overspent for decades and now it's a level paying field and we are on the up reality is biting. Whether stewart has an agenda I'll leave that for others to decide but losing to rangers and Killie at home and drawing with Partick and Ross County is rank by anybody standard. They gone through every excuse in the book, injuries, playing away from home etc and still they are poor. By carrying on this nonsense it's leven who is cringe worthy and embarrasing but the hertz fans lap it up like the zombies they are though a few are brave enough on sickbay to stand up and say he's not good enough. Loving it though and should they not beat Hamilton then sport scene should be fun or maybe Mikey will politically be given the night off. The biggest laugh is he's just heaping pressure on himself and his team and setting himself up for a fall.

Nameless
02-12-2017, 08:05 AM
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/12/01/making-fool-hearts-boss-craig-levein-accuses-michael-stewart-pursuing-personal-agenda-questions-bbcs-role/

Enjoy how a professional football manager deals with the press :greengrinCheers - Levein sounds like he is having an existential crisis.

Bostonhibby
02-12-2017, 08:08 AM

Enjoy how a professional football manager deals with the press :greengrinWow. They should have kept Cathro to do the media stuff.

What a roaster.

SirDavidsNapper
02-12-2017, 08:10 AM
The pressure is obviously getting to him. Stewart is spot on and actually said Hearts played better last week despite most of their shots being long range efforts. Levein is a very unlikeable character.

McD
02-12-2017, 08:13 AM
By making the snidey comments about Stewart being the worst value at £1, he shows he has a personal agenda against Stewart. That’s ok by Levein’s double standards of course. Arse

MacGruber
02-12-2017, 08:21 AM
Ah, I remember when these things used to be said face to face...... ...

Tinribs
02-12-2017, 08:25 AM
He has held talks with BBC "bosses"...aye right. The ego of this man is beyond belief.

Bostonhibby
02-12-2017, 08:31 AM
He has held talks with BBC "bosses"...aye right. The ego of this man is beyond belief.There's a jakey in the bookies who tells everyone he's the director general of the BBC.

Joe6-2
02-12-2017, 08:37 AM
A quirk in the contract meant they paid a pound a week, no bloody surprise there with these thieving gets!
Michael Stewart has an agenda? He’s a fan who has a voice!!!

Joe6-2
02-12-2017, 08:41 AM
He has held talks with BBC "bosses"...aye right. The ego of this man is beyond belief.

Pri*k of the highest order!!!

Aldo
02-12-2017, 08:43 AM
So Stewart tells it as it is and r drying can see it bar Potter. What does he do to try and deflect it he makes it personal!

Potter is a clueless and classless fud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentalbarnett
02-12-2017, 08:54 AM
I am not a fan of Stewart personally but when he is making a point he always has a justification for why he thinks that way. Listening to potters post match interview last week he was just out right lying about the atmosphere at full time. Never mind Stewart I'm sure many fans would have laid into Potter and been asking how the quality of the team is gash and he has been guiding it for years as director of hoofball.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-12-2017, 08:58 AM
So Leaving has bitten and Mikey has landed a whopper. Will enjoy watching as he reels him in.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-12-2017, 09:15 AM
So Leaving has bitten and Mikey has landed a whopper. Will enjoy watching as he reels him in.

No fan of Potter but listening to MS on his privileged platform with a jarring lay obvious agenda begs the question as to how far things can be taken by a public broadcaster regardless of whether he is right or wrong.

Col2
02-12-2017, 09:16 AM
Michael Stewart generally talks a lot on sense and explain the rationale behind his views unlike some of the more basic pundits like Derek Ferguson and Alan Preston.

He consistently praised Hearts off field progress and gives credit to Levein and Neilson in the earlier years.

Anyone who can suggest anything else other than on the field including recruitment the yams have been shocking and it’s sits firmly with Levein.

Hiber-nation
02-12-2017, 09:18 AM
No fan of Potter but listening to MS on his privileged platform with a jarring lay obvious agenda begs the question as to how far things can be taken by a public broadcaster regardless of whether he is right or wrong.

Eh? He's not speaking on behalf of the BBC, he's giving his opinion.

The Captain....
02-12-2017, 09:26 AM
How thin skinned is Levein..he’s become a parody of himself and seems to lack the fundamental skills to be a manager with the pressures that brings. I hope he stays for a while yet but the signs are that he is not coping with the pressure at all and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave his position soon.

Hearts are a shambles...loving it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SmashinGlass
02-12-2017, 09:26 AM

Hypocrisy doesn’t show on a maroon jersey....

mjhibby
02-12-2017, 09:30 AM
How thin skinned is Levein..he’s become a parody of himself and seems to lack the fundamental skills to be a manager with the pressures that brings. I hope he stays for a while yet but the signs are that he is not coping with the pressure at all and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave his position soon.

Hearts are a shambles...loving it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly my take on it. He's a thoroughly dislikable person in the wrong job. Perfect for them. Let the circus continue.

mjhibby
02-12-2017, 09:34 AM
Michael Stewart generally talks a lot on sense and explain the rationale behind his views unlike some of the more basic pundits like Derek Ferguson and Alan Preston.

He consistently praised Hearts off field progress and gives credit to Levein and Neilson in the earlier years.

Anyone who can suggest anything else other than on the field including recruitment the yams have been shocking and it’s sits firmly with Levein.

The recruitment is certainly his and Colquouns and the whole box soccer circus. Unless they get the likes of Wright in then they will be around 6th for a good while. Will budge be brave enough to scrap the system and start again. We shall see.

Northernhibee
02-12-2017, 09:35 AM
Nielson - lost once to Hibs, fans opinion of him turned south after that.
Cathro - lost once to Hibs, fans opinion of him turned south after that.
Potter - already lost once since his return to the dugout, now we've got a chance to do that another two times within the space of a few weeks.

This could turn out ugly(ier) at the Micro-chip arena.

Pete
02-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Nielson - lost once to Hibs, fans opinion of him turned south after that.
Cathro - lost once to Hibs, fans opinion of him turned south after that.
Potter - already lost once since his return to the dugout, now we've got a chance to do that another two times within the space of a few weeks.

This could turn out ugly(ier) at the Micro-chip arena.

As far as hearts fans are concerned, there’s one common denominator in all those defeats.

Rightly or wrongly, he’s a dead man walking and has been since 2-2. If I were him, I’d be asking myself if I really need all this. I’d be off plying my trade somewhere else.

Hibby Kay-Yay
02-12-2017, 09:51 AM

Indeed, however does CL need to use the media as a platform for his rant too, or should he just have contacted Stewart privately?

hibbyfraelibby
02-12-2017, 09:59 AM
Oh Mikey Mikey
Used to be a Jambo
But he's alright now!

Pretty Boy
02-12-2017, 10:02 AM
'He just needs to chill....'

I'll just leave that there. What a clown.

Northernhibee
02-12-2017, 10:09 AM
As far as hearts fans are concerned, there’s one common denominator in all those defeats.

Rightly or wrongly, he’s a dead man walking and has been since 2-2. If I were him, I’d be asking myself if I really need all this. I’d be off plying my trade somewhere else.

If it's ten in a row at the end of January that'd be fantastic.

judas
02-12-2017, 10:10 AM
Levein is self righteous. But so is Stewart.

For me Stewart is one of the most overated players ive ever seen. I heard much more from him that I saw.

So not sure what Stewarts credentials are as an arch critic.

Plonker vs plonker.

Northernhibee
02-12-2017, 10:12 AM

For me Stewart is one of the most overated players ive ever seen. I heard much more from him that I saw.

Plonker vs plonker.

Alex Ferguson wasn't a good footballer. Doesn't mean his view or opinion of the game is not valid.

JimBHibees
02-12-2017, 10:12 AM
'He just needs to chill....'

I'll just leave that there. What a clown.

Yes ever so slightly ironic

Carheenlea
02-12-2017, 10:13 AM
Agendas

judas
02-12-2017, 10:24 AM
Alex Ferguson wasn't a good footballer. Doesn't mean his view or opinion of the game is not valid.

Alex Ferguson isn't a paid up critic.

If he was, his opinion would carry infinitely more weight that Stewarts.

Northernhibee
02-12-2017, 10:27 AM
Alex Ferguson isn't a paid up critic.

If he was, his opinion would carry infinitely more weight that Stewarts.

Michael Stewart is a decent critic.

Pretty Boy
02-12-2017, 10:33 AM

Plonker vs plonker.

I thought Stewart played the best football of his career at Hibs. A 2-1 win at ER v Rangers sticks in my mind as Stewart, Thomson and Brown bossed the midfield for the entire game.

I quite enjoy him as a pundit as well. It's clear he could start an argument in an empty room but he strays away from the usual ex player cliches and fence sitting and actually voices an opinion so I respect that.

Stuart93
02-12-2017, 10:58 AM
See he's in the evening news today saying he doesn't believe Hamilton are any more physical than other teams in the premiership obviously having a pop at bartley's comments midweek...the man has a bizarre and weird obsession with us.

Bostonhibby
02-12-2017, 11:01 AM
See he's in the evening news today saying he doesn't believe Hamilton are any more physical than other teams in the premiership obviously having a pop at bartley's comments midweek...the man has a bizarre and weird obsession with us.He's got a lot of deflection and distraction to do and he's not very good at it.

hibsbollah
02-12-2017, 11:12 AM
I'm so glad he's their manager and not ours. Just an embarrassing interview.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-12-2017, 11:29 AM

Fair comments. Takes Mikey Stewart out of the BBC Sportsound Jambo-Love-in though? Or perhaps there isn't one?

IGRIGI
02-12-2017, 11:52 AM

The way Levein is losing it there will be a challenge to a charity bare knuckle fight in no time.

JimBHibees
02-12-2017, 11:53 AM
I thought Stewart played the best football of his career at Hibs. A 2-1 win at ER v Rangers sticks in my mind as Stewart, Thomson and Brown bossed the midfield for the entire game.

I quite enjoy him as a pundit as well. It's clear he could start an argument in an empty room but he strays away from the usual ex player cliches and fence sitting and actually voices an opinion so I respect that.

Think Stewart is a very good pundit comes over well and intelligentl.

02-12-2017, 11:56 AM
Never liked Stewart as a player but got to be honest he's a very good pundit. Always honest and gives pretty good insight. Pressure is definatly getting to Potter, that interview is hilarious. If Lennon came out with stuff like that he'd be getting ripped to shreds.

LithgaeHibby
02-12-2017, 12:08 PM
“I just don’t see how that is fair."

Says the man from "Other People's Money FC"

Thecat23
02-12-2017, 12:11 PM

Plonker vs plonker.

Stewart for me was a very good player for us. Also a good pundit as well, says it how it is.

Potter has totally lost the plot, running to the bosses of the BBC because someone is calling him out and his team for what it is. The man thinks he’s a god and the sooner Hibs do them again the better as he’ll end up cracking up.

Bostonhibby
02-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Fair comments. Takes Mikey Stewart out of the BBC Sportsound Jambo-Love-in though? Or perhaps there isn't one?Exactly why they don't like him. How do the likes of Preston fit with the BBCs charter? It's like talksport run by the cast of one flew over the cuckoo's nest.

Lago
02-12-2017, 01:09 PM

Never have I been aware of a ''jarringly" obvious agenda from Stewart, always seems pretty objective in his statements.

Seveno
02-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Even Preston lays into Hearts just now and the signings that Potter made.

Lago
02-12-2017, 01:18 PM
Even Preston lays into Hearts just now and the signings that Potter made.

Yippee and doing it from the privilege position of a bbc pundit:greengrin

poolman
02-12-2017, 01:28 PM

Plonker vs plonker.

He's employed to give his opinions on Scottish football, he's doing what he gets paid to do

As for Levein :dummytit:

NAE NOOKIE
02-12-2017, 01:36 PM
See he's in the evening news today saying he doesn't believe Hamilton are any more physical than other teams in the premiership obviously having a pop at bartley's comments midweek...the man has a bizarre and weird obsession with us.

Even the thread on Hibs hating Jambo kickback discussing Lennon's comments had folk on it agreeing with him about Hamilton ... and they hate Lennon even more than they do Hibs, so if they did agree with him it wasn't to be nice, it was because Hamilton are indeed over physical at times.

Its reasonably clear that Stewart doesn't like Levin, but as he did on Sportscene last week MS always backs up what he's saying with analysis, which he did by pointing out that any team can register shots on target stats by shooting from 30 yards out, while at the same time acknowledging that Hearts had played better than they had for a few weeks.

Besides, if MS lets agendas influence his take on things you would think that the club who left him on the bench for the whole of a cup final they won 5 - 1 and yet brought on Shelton Martis near the end would be high up on his hit list ... and yet he is usually pretty fair with us. Having said that, I would love to hear his opinion of John Collins :greengrin

Lago
02-12-2017, 01:44 PM
This is a bit of a tangent but thinking of pundits it came to me that it's sometime since I saw his supporting Pat Nevin on Sportscene or TV in general. Does he still do punditry?

Deansy
02-12-2017, 02:04 PM
For those unfamiliar with 'Open goal' it's an interview series by weegie Simon ferry, current Peterhead midfielder previously of Portsmouth, Swindon and Dundee.

In his Scotland section of James McFadden's interview, it gives some insight into Craig Levein as a manager...

McFadden is incredibly diplomatic in this but you get the impression he's chomping at the bit to voice his true opinion of Potter (18:30 onwards) and it's that he really is a fan-dan !

hibsbollah
02-12-2017, 03:27 PM
Sent off just now for refusing to come to Bobby Madden when asked to.
Hes clearly having a mid life crisis, bless him :faf:

Jack Hackett
02-12-2017, 03:40 PM

Arrogant prick who thinks he's more important than he ever was... or will be

Bostonhibby
02-12-2017, 03:55 PM
Hes clearly having a mid life crisis, bless him :faf:The only solution is to give him his own EEN column. Allisbarry out.

lapsedhibee
02-12-2017, 04:35 PM

And McPhee sent off later after getting in a fight because he wouldn't give Hamilton the ball for their throw in :faf:

02-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Michael Stewart talking about Levein on Off the Ball just now.

WoreTheGreen
02-12-2017, 04:39 PM
And McPhee sent off later after getting in a fight because he wouldn't give Hamilton the ball for their throw in :faf:

Who's got his wee scruffy dug and his cardboard sign

I'm_cabbaged
02-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Michael Stewart talking about Levein on Off the Ball just now.

Was he allowed to slag him?

02-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Was he allowed to slag him?

He was probably allowed to but he chose not to.

LaMotta
02-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Interesting story here on Levein from an arab during his time at Tannadice. Arrogant fud who cant take justified criticism.

https://twitter.com/CeresArabs/status/936926953365495808

emerald green
02-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Potter and Stewart clearly hate each other's guts, and it's not difficult to see why.

jakedance
02-12-2017, 05:05 PM
I know someone that works at Riccarton, not in the know or anything, but he sees and interacts with the players and staff. He says Levein is aloof and rude with nae mates. He says pretty much everyone else around Hearts are decent people although he can’t stand Goncalves.

Just the personal views of someone that spends a lot of time around them.

johnbc70
02-12-2017, 05:12 PM
Knew someone who was at school with him, arrogant fud at a young age by all accounts.

Pete
02-12-2017, 05:22 PM
Well so far Hamilton are the better team and all the refs doing is ignoring their squealing and falling over like they’ve been shot. They’re the rugby team here and the refs done **** all wrong.

Poisonous atmosphere

BOOO

KWJ
02-12-2017, 05:32 PM

Completely agree. And he does this without flying off handles and trying to steal shows like Chris Sutton.

Can't have a Michael Stewart thread without this though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhC31VUOQeY

02-12-2017, 05:55 PM
Jambos complaining about the refereeing. He got the sending off right, Brandon was nowhere near the ball for the 1st yellow and a deliberate elbow to the head for the 2nd.

Levein on Sportsound said he hadn't watched it back so couldn't really comment, though said he did hear the Hamilton player's squeal. I don't believe he hadn't watched it back, he did and knows it was the correct decision but that wouldn't fit in with his excuse the sending off cost the win.

2 weeks ago after the Partick game he complained about the Partick goal being offside and handball, so he watched that one back quick enough. Also conveniently didn't mention Lafferty being offside for their goal.

PapillonVert
02-12-2017, 05:59 PM
This is a bit of a tangent but thinking of pundits it came to me that it's sometime since I saw his supporting Pat Nevin on Sportscene or TV in general. Does he still do punditry?

Appears quite often on Radio 5 Live. Especially European games.

Is It On....
02-12-2017, 06:05 PM

Prick.

I think Mr Stewart had the cheek to point out there was a wee bit booing last week..shows how much pressure Levein is under to do that sort of interview.

K.Marx
02-12-2017, 06:30 PM
Levein described the boys incident with McPhee as a “rugby tackle” and that he’s “dived on him and dragged him to the ground”. Watched it a couple of times and really, McPhee was being a knob by grabbing the ball, then as he’s back peddling he’s lost his footing and the boys fallen on top of him. Throbbers.

EskbankHibby
02-12-2017, 07:01 PM
Levein described the boys incident with McPhee as a “rugby tackle” and that he’s “dived on him and dragged him to the ground”. Watched it a couple of times and really, McPhee was being a knob by grabbing the ball, then as he’s back peddling he’s lost his footing and the boys fallen on top of him. Throbbers.

Agreed. McPhee has no business grabbing and holding the ball in the first place, tool.

Pete
02-12-2017, 07:11 PM
Jambos complaining about the refereeing. He got the sending off right, Brandon was nowhere near the ball for the 1st yellow and a deliberate elbow to the head for the 2nd.

Levein on Sportsound said he hadn't watched it back so couldn't really comment, though said he did hear the Hamilton player's squeal. I don't believe he hadn't watched it back, he did and knows it was the correct decision but that wouldn't fit in with his excuse the sending off cost the win.

2 weeks ago after the Partick game he complained about the Partick goal being offside and handball, so he watched that one back quick enough. Also conveniently didn't mention Lafferty being offside for their goal.

The refereeing was fine and I’ve no idea what they’re taking about. They were fouling a lot more than Hamilton in the first half and are simply looking for a scapegoat. Levein and McPhee deserved to go to the stand, especially Levein for his lip. The latter, it was just silliness but McPhee caused it so he’s no complaints.

Bunch of whining children who can’t accept that they can’t string two passes together and were played off the park, even when they had eleven.

Paisley Hibby
02-12-2017, 07:12 PM
There's whole new (and as yet unseen) depths these guys can still take Hearts to if only they are given long enough. So pray for Levein and McPhee and hope that Budgie keeps them on.

lapsedhibee
02-12-2017, 07:42 PM
There's whole new (and as yet unseen) depths these guys can still take Hearts to if only they are given long enough. So pray for Levein and McPhee and hope that Budgie keeps them on.

:agree: More depths to be plumbed by the plums of midalbion.

greenlex
02-12-2017, 07:44 PM

If anything McPhee pulls the boy on top of himself.

K.Marx
02-12-2017, 07:56 PM

A red card offence according to a few seething jambos on twitter. Incredible.

lapsedhibee
02-12-2017, 07:57 PM
:agree: Why are the top people at Tiny Park incapable of telling the truth about anything? :dunno:

02-12-2017, 08:15 PM
That McPhee is one creepy looking weirdo

The Harp Awakes
02-12-2017, 08:20 PM
:agree: Why are the top people at Tiny Park incapable of telling the truth about anything? :dunno:

Don't normally respond on Jambo related threads as don't have any big dislike of them. Only interested in Hibs. In response to your question though I think they are in a similar place to where we've been in the recent past when Rod was the main man.

It's all about the quality of leadership. Leeann has got it whereas Ann Budge and Craig Levein don't. The problem they've got is how do they get out of it? Apples are all in 1 basket - I think they're goosed.

Hibs Class
02-12-2017, 09:03 PM

To be fair to CL, when he was sent to the stand he ended up in one of the many restricted view seats, so has based his version of events on what he read on jkb.

lapsedhibee
02-12-2017, 09:08 PM
Don't normally respond on Jambo related threads as don't have any big dislike of them. Only interested in Hibs. In response to your question though I think they are in a similar place to where we've been in the recent past when Rod was the main man.

It's all about the quality of leadership. Leeann has got it whereas Ann Budge and Craig Levein don't. The problem they've got is how do they get out of it? Apples are all in 1 basket - I think they're goosed.

I think they're goosed an aw. Preston was spinning the loud booing at Tiny Park today as being wholly directed towards the ref and no doubt a lot if it was, but there was relentless groaning throughout the game after misplaced passes, failure to shoot on sight, etc etc etc. Quite a bit of booing Templeton too, who ran rings round them. It was almost as if they couldn't bear a former player reminding them that they used to have players who were any good, and now they don't. At all.

Tornadoes70
02-12-2017, 09:16 PM
To be fair to CL, when he was sent to the stand he ended up in one of the many restricted view seats, so has based his version of events on what he read on jkb.

I'm sure we'd all like to remind him of the points difference if his sight is not so good these days :greengrin.

silverhibee
02-12-2017, 09:33 PM

It looks like Britney tries to trip the lad up and loses his balance and pulls the lad down on top of him, it was a bit Rixy.

Who was the other ******** who was trying to get to the Hamilton player, looked like a yam coach, hope the compliance officer has a good look at it and sees the other violent yam.

Aldo
03-12-2017, 06:30 AM
It looks like Britney tries to trip the lad up and loses his balance and pulls the lad down on top of him, it was a bit Rixy. Who was the other ******** who was trying to get to the Hamilton player, looked like a yam coach, hope the compliance officer has a good look at it and sees the other violent yam.

After listening to Potter after the game I now understand why McPhee did what he did.

Potter said that if that had been on the park then both players would have been booked. Why was Austin sent to stand and MacKinninon not booked. That should have been a yellow and with him already booked a Red.

So the stupid games that the management play are trying to cheat the opposition.

GlesgaeHibby
03-12-2017, 06:56 AM
Levein is now not only a fud, but a fud with a lower win ratio than Cathro :faf::faf:

lyonhibs
03-12-2017, 07:06 AM
Levein is now not only a fud, but a fud with a lower win ratio than Cathro :faf::faf:

We all said it at the time, should never have sacked the Dalry Lama.

Architects of their own downfall here. But at least CHIPS will be served!!

Sammy7nil
03-12-2017, 07:09 AM

Can anyone confirm chips are on sale or will the hordes have to wait until the stand is finished? It could be the difference between happy and unhappy Jambos

PatHead
03-12-2017, 07:34 AM
I am sure when the first bag of chips is served we will hear all about it. It is a world first after all. Probably get Jamie Oliver to serve them.

hibbyfraelibby
03-12-2017, 07:44 AM
I am sure when the first bag of chips is served we will hear all about it. It is a world first after all. Probably get Jamie Oliver to serve them.

I thought the chips were already on Potter's shoulder?

Springbank
03-12-2017, 07:48 AM
Ian Cathro - Schematics

Austin McPhee - Schemie

macca70
03-12-2017, 08:23 AM
Levein’s an Absolute clown, listened to his interview from after yesterday’s game.

When a ref wants to speak with a manager, when have you ever seen the ref go into the dugout!! The ref will stand at the edge of the pitch and ask the manager to come to the edge of the technical area to speak to him.

Levein’s words ‘this was madden playing silly playground games to show who’s in charge’

The arrogance of Levein is unbearable.

For the Manager and his assistant to be sent to the stand in separate incidents, both due to their conduct. That must warrant a hefty fine coming there way from the SFA.

McD
03-12-2017, 08:45 AM

:greengrin Whenever I read this, I hear it in Bane’s voice from The Dark Knight Rises (Justice will be served), which makes me laugh even harder at the Yams :greengrin

03-12-2017, 09:01 AM
After listening to Potter after the game I now understand why McPhee did what he did.

Potter said that if that had been on the park then both players would have been booked. Why was Austin sent to stand and MacKinninon not booked. That should have been a yellow and with him already booked a Red.

So the stupid games that the management play are trying to cheat the opposition.

Well done to the ref for seeing through their assistant coach's attempt to get a player sent off.

Aldo
03-12-2017, 09:03 AM
Well done to the ref for seeing through their assistant coach's attempt to get a player sent off.

It’s all very childish from Potter and one thing he has to understand is that the ref and the officials are in charge!

Grade a plum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
03-12-2017, 09:04 AM
Levein’s an Absolute clown, listened to his interview from after yesterday’s game.

Levein’s words ‘this was madden playing silly playground games to show who’s in charge’

The arrogance of Levein is unbearable.

Arrogance is right. The silly playground game was being played by Potter. Madden doesn't need to show who is in charge the rules of the game make it quite clear the referee is and Potter is just a manager with a foul mouth and a bad attitude.

jacomo
03-12-2017, 09:14 AM
Arrogance is right. The silly playground game was being played by Potter. Madden doesn't need to show who is in charge the rules of the game make it quite clear the referee is and Potter is just a manager with a foul mouth and a bad attitude.

:agree:

Levein basically admitting he was playing a silly game to try and show who was boss. He lost.

TheReg!
03-12-2017, 09:16 AM
:greengrin Whenever I read this, I hear it in Bane’s voice from The Dark Knight Rises (Justice will be served), which makes me laugh even harder at the Yams :greengrin

Thanks for that, I’m now subconsciously reading every post in Bane’s voice 😂

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-12-2017, 10:18 AM
It Leaving gets a fine to pay for this, will he owe it to himself?

DarlingtonHibee
03-12-2017, 10:31 AM
Anyone got footage?

Peevemor
03-12-2017, 10:40 AM
Anyone got footage?https://youtu.be/JK3QFj8mD1o

DarlingtonHibee
03-12-2017, 10:44 AM
Seems to be blocked?

Peevemor
03-12-2017, 10:52 AM
Seems to be blocked?Sorry, there are quite a few spfl clips on YouTube that never seem to be referenced on here. Maybe they're only available outwith the UK - I've no way of knowing.

DarlingtonHibee
03-12-2017, 10:53 AM
No worries thanks for trying.

AltheHibby
03-12-2017, 10:56 AM
BBC iplayer?

DarlingtonHibee
03-12-2017, 10:59 AM
BBC iplayer?

Will give it a go, if not sport scene tomorrow morning on I player.

Eyrie
03-12-2017, 12:14 PM
:agree:

Levein basically admitting he was playing a silly game to try and show who was boss. He lost.

“I have no idea why he sent me off. He never told me. Do I think he should have came to me? He ran 25 yards, why not run another five? Other than just to show who’s the gaffer. It’s stupid, eh? I don’t think I did anything wrong. He didn’t tell me why I got sent to the stand. If it’s for not walking four yards, that is bizarre.”

So Levein is too self-important to move four yards when even an ounce of common sense would suggest that looking contrite and co-operative may mean getting away with just a warning.

greenlex
03-12-2017, 12:21 PM
“I have no idea why he sent me off. He never told me. Do I think he should have came to me? He ran 25 yards, why not run another five? Other than just to show who’s the gaffer. It’s stupid, eh? I don’t think I did anything wrong. He didn’t tell me why I got sent to the stand. If it’s for not walking four yards, that is bizarre.”

So Levein is too self-important to move four yards when even an ounce of common sense would suggest that looking contrite and co-operative may mean getting away with just a warning.
If he didn’t tell him at the time he must have mentioned it at full time. They had quite a long chat with Levein storming off I the huff. Levien will get in bother for the sarcastic clapping after e was sent to the shiny new stand for sure.

Seveno
03-12-2017, 06:02 PM

I would have assumed that you had made this quote up if I hadn’t just heard him come out with it on Sportscene. His level of arrogance is beyond measure. I hope he gets hammered by the SFA.

Aldo
03-12-2017, 06:29 PM
I would have assumed that you had made this quote up if I hadn’t just heard him come out with it on Sportscene. His level of arrogance is beyond measure. I hope he gets hammered by the SFA.

Let's not forget McPhee's part in this farce.

They are a complete and utter shambles both on and off the park.

Agree regarding his arrogance. You would think he had won loads in his time as a player/manager.

I'm hoping we go there and tear them another new one to ramp up the pressure.

Wonder if he will sack himself??

Hibs Class
03-12-2017, 06:30 PM
I take it levein and mcphee counted as 4 in the official attendance number?

Firestarter
03-12-2017, 06:31 PM
Michael Stewart is a ****er
Craig Levein a bigger ****er.

-Jonesy-
03-12-2017, 08:09 PM
Funny to see the hertz bench giggling like school kids at big tough Craig no listening to the ref then greetin like wee girls when he gets his marching orders

andybev1
04-12-2017, 09:19 AM

The problem being that he is a jack of all trades and master of none. :cb

calumhibee1
04-12-2017, 10:02 AM

His interviews are superb. He seems daft as a brush, sort of Cummings-esque! I especially liked his interview with McGeady when they were talking about Thomas Gravesen.

poolman
04-12-2017, 12:32 PM
Let's not forget McPhee's part in this farce.

They are a complete and utter shambles both on and off the park.

Agree regarding his arrogance. You would think he had won loads in his time as a player/manager.

I'm hoping we go there and tear them another new one to ramp up the pressure.

Wonder if he will sack himself??

Exactly, just watched it again on the beeb website

The ball is stationary on the touchline and ****gy walks to it, picks it up and then tries to act the smart arse and puts it behind his back

Bloody funny watching him getting put on his erse :greengrin

lapsedhibee
04-12-2017, 02:07 PM
Exactly, just watched it again on the beeb website

The ball is stationary on the touchline and ****gy walks to it, picks it up and then tries to act the smart arse and puts it behind his back

Bloody funny watching him getting put on his erse :greengrin

Shout out to Paul Gallacher, the yams goalkeeping coach, for his part in the tragicomedy. He was going utterly, no disrespect to native Americans, tonto for no apparent reason and had to be held back by the polis. They're great entertainment just now, off the Tiny Park.

Firestarter
04-12-2017, 02:11 PM
Shout out to Paul Gallacher, the yams goalkeeping coach, for his part in the tragicomedy. He was going utterly, no disrespect to native Americans, tonto for no apparent reason and had to be held back by the polis. They're great entertainment just now, off the Tiny Park.

:faf::faf::faf:

IGRIGI
04-12-2017, 02:25 PM

Haha! I was wondering who that was, he's got a very short screw, I remember a few times him losing it at Hibs fans whilst playing for Utd.

Seveno
04-12-2017, 06:44 PM

I loved the way the policeman grab his hood to pull him back. The way you might with a kid about to get into trouble.

silverhibee
04-12-2017, 09:35 PM
I loved the way the policeman grab his hood to pull him back. They way you might with a kid about to get into trouble.

Here's hoping the CO sees that as well, #freethegorgie3faethemegastand