PDA

View Full Version : The Scottish Cup’s super Santa

CallumLaidlaw
01-12-2017, 11:34 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2as1CIcyJ2s

Class wee video with a special appearance from a familiar face [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
01-12-2017, 11:39 AM
:top marks

Love this - great video:agree:

Hibs Fraggle
01-12-2017, 11:45 AM
Love it

lyonhibs
01-12-2017, 11:47 AM
Wonderful video and well done to William Hill or whomever it was that organised it.

I'd like to think there's an especially toasty corner of hell for the filth that rob bairns' Xmas presents. At this time of year even more than usual, burglary is a despicable crime.

Anyway, well done McGinn for taking part and being a general stand up guy.

KennyMillar
01-12-2017, 11:50 AM
Wonderful video and well done to William Hill or whomever it was that organised it.

I'd like to think there's an especially toasty corner of hell for the filth that rob bairns' Xmas presents. At this time of year even more than usual, burglary is a despicable crime.

Anyway, well done McGinn for taking part and being a general stand up guy.

This was the brainchild of a Hearts supporter at the Scottish FA.

John McGinn could not have been better with the kids and it was the shortest of conversations to get him involved.

lyonhibs
01-12-2017, 11:52 AM

John McGinn could not have been better with the kids and it was the shortest of conversations to get him involved.

Quality.

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2017, 11:53 AM

:top marks

Great to see. What a treat for the kids.

Capt Mainwaring
01-12-2017, 11:56 AM
Brilliant - class acts from everyone involved. Making two Hibs Kids very happy and helping restore faith in humanity for the family.

Still keen to keep Hibs fans off the Hampden pitch I see 😀🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Seveno
01-12-2017, 12:11 PM
Super story. SJM is just a bit special.

GreenNWhiteArmy
01-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Absolute class act from the SFA and SJM.

FranckSuzy
01-12-2017, 12:59 PM

Great gesture and lovely to see :top marks I also hope the children can still get the presents that were stolen and if not, I'd happily contribute/organise a collection to help make things right :aok:

Edit: if that was OK with the family, of course, and if others are willing/able.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-12-2017, 01:01 PM
Ironic as I believe Santa Claus writes to John McGinn every year....

Great stuff from the SFA (never thought I'd say that :wink:) and well done to the Reilly family

RoscoHibby
01-12-2017, 01:03 PM
Like. Hibs class from SJM.

HFCdeb
01-12-2017, 01:07 PM
Great stuff :)

Firestarter
01-12-2017, 01:33 PM
Fantastic stuff. I'm sure Dean is from the South Edinburgh area.

Clears his song up too :wink:

bigwheel
01-12-2017, 01:58 PM
brought a wee tear to my eye that - not quite sure why....the Scottish Cup win will resonate across on club for many years...what a special moment that has been for us..wonderful to see a deserving family have such a memorable day out.

Billy Whizz
01-12-2017, 02:45 PM
Absolutely top notch. The faces on the boys were priceless:flag:

01-12-2017, 04:34 PM
Great gesture and lovely to see :top marks I also hope the children can still get the presents that were stolen and if not, I'd happily contribute/organise a collection to help make things right :aok:

Edit: if that was OK with the family, of course, and if others are willing/able.

Good idea, I'd happily donate. You could ask the family how much is needed to replace the presents and if it is exceeded could the surplus go towards getting Kicks for Kids half season tickets?

Well done SFA and SJM.

Firestarter
01-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Didn't super Leigh buy all stolen presents a couple of years back for a Jambo from up Gilmerton?
I would donate if possible to pay for stuff stolen. This time of year especially is a nightmare

seanshow
01-12-2017, 04:46 PM
There is no end the man's talent. :greengrin

The Harp
01-12-2017, 04:58 PM
Wonderful stuff from all concerned, well done! In John McGinn we have not only an outstanding player, but an all-round great guy.
Don't mind admitting there was a wee tear in the eye watching that.

FranckSuzy
01-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Good idea, I'd happily donate. You could ask the family how much is needed to replace the presents and if it is exceeded could the surplus go towards getting Kicks for Kids half season tickets?

Well done SFA and SJM.

Didn't super Leigh buy all stolen presents a couple of years back for a Jambo from up Gilmerton?
I would donate if possible to pay for stuff stolen. This time of year especially is a nightmare

:aok: I've contacted Kenny Millar to see if this idea would be welcomed by the family so will let you know ASAP.

Yes, I also remember LG doing that :top marks

FranckSuzy
01-12-2017, 05:10 PM
:aok: I've contacted Kenny Millar to see if this idea would be welcomed by the family so will let you know ASAP.

Yes, I also remember LG doing that :top marks

Kenny has replied and is going to speak to their Dad to see if we can help in anyway.

Firestarter
01-12-2017, 05:11 PM
Thanks for that Susan, appreciated.

beensaidbefore
01-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Class act.

Carheenlea
01-12-2017, 06:01 PM
Different class :clapper:

Joe6-2
01-12-2017, 07:28 PM
Fantastic, so touching

Jonnyboy
01-12-2017, 09:18 PM

Top marks to him :agree:

Great video and like bigwheel I felt a few wee pinpricks in my tear ducts.

Happy to donate a few quid if Susan gets the go ahead

Stantons Angel
01-12-2017, 10:07 PM
Absolutely top notch. The faces on the boys were priceless:flag:

Thats what caught my eye, the look on the wee boy on the right's face in utter adulation of McGinn..........

Kids that age idolise footballers and John McGinn projects such a down to earth approach with them.

The **** that broke into their house and stole their presents are not going to be allowed to spoil these kids Christmas as im sure many of us will

donate something to help their parents replace the items stolen.

Well done to all who organised this and especially to John McGinn for taking the time to make those kids smile.

green day
01-12-2017, 10:16 PM

Well done by the Hearts fan, and everyone else involved 👏👏

penihibs
01-12-2017, 10:44 PM
I'm in if it gets the ok.
What a great memory for the family.

04-12-2017, 10:01 PM
Kenny has replied and is going to speak to their Dad to see if we can help in anyway.

Any word back on this FS?

FranckSuzy
04-12-2017, 10:29 PM
Any word back on this FS?

No, sorry. Don't want to pester Kenny Millar as he said he was going to ask the boy's dad if he'd be open to the idea (if replacements have not already be sorted out by :santaof course :wink:) :aok:

04-12-2017, 10:33 PM
No, sorry. Don't want to pester Kenny Millar as he said he was going to ask the boy's dad if he'd be open to the idea (if replacements have not already be sorted out by :santaof course :wink:) :aok:

OK, fair enough. Will leave it at that unless you hear back. Ta.

FranckSuzy
05-12-2017, 10:38 AM
OK, fair enough. Will leave it at that unless you hear back. Ta.

Kenny Millar got in touch this morning to advise the boys dad has my number :aok: As soon as I hear from him, I'll let you know and we can get the ball rolling. Cheers.

hibbysam
05-12-2017, 12:53 PM
I’m going to miss SJM when he eventually goes! Class act.

JimBHibees
05-12-2017, 03:04 PM

Wouldnt have thought Craig Thomson had it in him, must be guilt. :greengrin

Kavinho
05-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Top man is Dean.

Won Edinburghs local hero award a few years back for all the fund raising he does for MS charities.

Should check out his acceptance speecb with Tom Farmer & Grant Stott on facebook.

Dean Vs MS.

Had the pleasure of his company for the league cup final in 07.

FranckSuzy
05-12-2017, 06:01 PM
Just spoke to Dean, the wee boy's dad. He says to pass on his heartfelt gratitude to everyone for the kind gesture but thankfully, the insurance company have covered all the items stolen :aok:

05-12-2017, 06:10 PM
Just spoke to Dean, the wee boy's dad. He says to pass on his heartfelt gratitude to everyone for the kind gesture but thankfully, the insurance company have covered all the items stolen :aok:

That's good to hear, thanks for checking into it Suzy.

Firestarter
05-12-2017, 06:11 PM

Thanks Susan.

JohnMcM
05-12-2017, 06:17 PM
Well done by the Hearts fan, and everyone else involved 👏👏

I second your sentiment.

Whilst I'm here I have request for Santa SJM. This year I have been a good Hibby, so for Christmas I would like a scooter, a cowboy outfit (but not the one at Tynecastle), a new Hibs top, and some of those nice American Jelly Bean sweeties with all the different flavours.

If those thing are to difficult to provide then I'll settle for something that's a bit easier to give me. Say, for example, one of your very special screamer goals, against the Yams on the 27th December to make it 4-0 to Hibs.

Thanking you in excited anticipation of making this old guy very happy.

:flag:

I'm_cabbaged
07-12-2017, 04:46 AM
Aye, top lad is Dean, the work he does for charity is incredible. I’m sure he would’ve enjoyed the day at Hampden as much as the boys did!!

calumhibee1
07-12-2017, 06:40 AM

At first I read that as Leigh bought all the presents from the thief, who was a Jambo from up Gilmerton :greengrin

FranckSuzy
09-03-2018, 09:02 AM
A wee bump up for this thread :thumbsup: Dean, the wee boy's dad, has been in touch to advise that he is starting his own boys football club, Duddingston Thistle, and is auctioning a match worn Leigh Griffiths shirt to raise funds :aok:

Each number is £20 and if you would like to help out, the link is: https://www.facebook.com/sarahjane.veitch?hc_ref=ARR7LMt6XZeT-uNExLhwxDQphUbZZr3ix9qMIOFZi95Q28ygMr8YprihtJn9TYP grao&fref=nf&pnref=story

20318 (https://www.facebook.com/sarahjane.veitch?hc_ref=ARR7LMt6XZeT-uNExLhwxDQphUbZZr3ix9qMIOFZi95Q28ygMr8YprihtJn9TYP grao&fref=nf&pnref=story)