PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TICKET INFO | ABERDEEN AWAY

RSS Bot
30-11-2017, 05:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8177)

Carheenlea
30-11-2017, 10:01 PM
£26 is a bit hefty. Assume we charge them the same, or more if classed as a category A game?

cleanyman
30-11-2017, 10:04 PM
Ouch.

Oh well.

Albanian Hibs
30-11-2017, 10:14 PM
Expensive day out again

monktonharp
30-11-2017, 10:48 PM
everything is wrong with their pricing system for this match. Let's start with the basic fundementals. :-Sunday 16th Dec (near chrimbo time) Early k.o 12;30. £26 , £19 aop, £15 FOR OVER 75'S ,youths etc . They'd be as well announcing, that's oor prices yer no welcome and we dinnae really want yiz here anyway. ! shocking.

monktonharp
30-11-2017, 10:50 PM
£26 is a bit hefty. Assume we charge them the same, or more if classed as a category A game?don't care if we normally do, for a normal fitba match on a normal time. this one is abnormal, and given the date, ko. likely weather, and travel involved they have not considered away fans in any way.

davhibby
01-12-2017, 01:25 AM
£26 is a bit hefty. Assume we charge them the same, or more if classed as a category A game?

It was £22 and £12 for the game at Easter Road

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2017, 02:14 AM
I honestly don't think £26 is bad for an adult ticket in the modern game. Take a look at the English prices where £50 is the norm. Yes, the standard is much higher, but the game still only lasts ninety minutes. Imagine paying upward of fifty quid every time you go to a match. I went to a couple of games at Old Trafford last season and it was £46 each time. A totally different experience of course, but £46 to watch a game of football?

I'm more annoyed by the kick off time.

SteveHFC
01-12-2017, 06:29 AM
everything is wrong with their pricing system for this match. Let's start with the basic fundementals. :-Sunday 16th Dec (near chrimbo time) Early k.o 12;30. £26 , £19 aop, £15 FOR OVER 75'S ,youths etc . They'd be as well announcing, that's oor prices yer no welcome and we dinnae really want yiz here anyway. ! shocking.

Had me in a panic there as my train tickets are for Saturday Sat 16th:greengrin

Carheenlea
01-12-2017, 10:08 AM
I honestly don't think £26 is bad for an adult ticket in the modern game. Take a look at the English prices where £50 is the norm. Yes, the standard is much higher, but the game still only lasts ninety minutes. Imagine paying upward of fifty quid every time you go to a match. I went to a couple of games at Old Trafford last season and it was £46 each time. A totally different experience of course, but £46 to watch a game of football?

I can't agree - still think £26 is too much for a game like this.
I suppose if we expect to pay more for Derby matches and Old Firm, then a match against Aberdeen, who we are looking to compete with might be priced a bit higher, but given the kick off time and being live on television, it just feels high. davhibby has pointed out that it was £22 at ER so the pricing is not reciprocated.
I don't have an away ST, but it would be interesting to compare how much more it all adds to. Quite a bit more than a standard home ST I'd imagine.

CallumLaidlaw
01-12-2017, 10:17 AM

I would only say £50 is the norm at a few clubs. Everton is around £35

Billy Whizz
01-12-2017, 10:19 AM
£26 for a dump of a stadium. Rail separates the fans, and stewards stand in your way as well, blocking your view as well

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2017, 10:19 AM
I would only say £50 is the norm at a few clubs. Everton is around £35

Is that for the cheaper sections at Everton? I was actually on their website on a couple of weeks ago, and there were tickets priced higher than that.

CallumLaidlaw
01-12-2017, 10:22 AM
Is that for the cheaper sections at Everton? I was actually on their website on a couple of weeks ago, and there were tickets priced higher than that.

Probably, I just know that's what I paid last season. I suppose every stadium has pricier parts.

Scottish football relies on good attendances tho so it's important to get pricing right.

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2017, 10:29 AM
Probably, I just know that's what I paid last season. I suppose every stadium has pricier parts.

Scottish football relies on good attendances tho so it's important to get pricing right.

Aye, that's true. I just think £26 quid for an adult ticket at a top flight game is okay in the modern era. Prices have been twenty quid plus for what, ten or fifteen years now? It was in the nineties, with all the redevelopment of stadia that prices exploded, IIRC.

green&left
01-12-2017, 11:04 AM

You'd be aswell comparing the American Baseball League prices as they have as much relevance to Scottish football as the Barclays premier league does.

£46 is a rip-off. £26 is taking the piss aswell, especially when you see what other countries similar to Scotland are paying. Saying that whether it was £26 or £16 for an adult i can't see much difference in the Hibs support travelling up. It's just over 2hrs from the forth bridge and will be a tad windier and colder than Edinburgh but the way some people go on they'd think we're playing in the antarctic.

SChibs
01-12-2017, 01:02 PM
If people are gonna compare to the EPL then they might as well compare to other top flight leagues in Europe where it is much cheaper for fairness.

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2017, 01:55 PM
If people are gonna compare to the EPL then they might as well compare to other top flight leagues in Europe where it is much cheaper for fairness.

Fair point, but I don't think prices are much different than they were a decade ago in Scotland. I don't find £26 outrageous these days. Football is too expensive certainly, and many fans find themselves priced out of attending regularly, but I mean £26 in the context of where prices have been for a long time now. If Aberdeen suddenly wanted £30-£35, then aye, that would be a pish take.

Phil MaGlass
01-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Prices are way too high for our league, Aberdeen should have charged around 22 quid try to get more away fans through the gates.

Since90+2
01-12-2017, 02:48 PM
£26 is steep but I would imagine the amount of people that would be prepared to travel to Aberdeen for a 12.30 kick off if the ticket was 4 quid cheaper would be neglible.

B.H.F.C
01-12-2017, 02:49 PM
Prices are way too high for our league, Aberdeen should have charged around 22 quid try to get more away fans through the gates.

I don't think a difference of £4 would have made any difference to how many we take up to this. We never take a good crowd to Aberdeen, the folk who are going would be going regardless.

Agree price is high though.

Kojock
01-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Megabus £11 return, going up Friday, overnighter in Aberdeen. Could be messy.

Diclonius
01-12-2017, 04:19 PM
Eh, naw. TV it is.

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Megabus £11 return, going up Friday, overnighter in Aberdeen. Could be messy.

Don't miss the kick off :greengrin

Hermit Crab
02-12-2017, 10:02 AM
£26 is steep for a match live on tv, the reverse game at ER was only £22 and that was 3pm on a Saturday.

Danderhall Hibs
02-12-2017, 10:06 AM

With the exception of Easter Road?

Hibernia&Alba
02-12-2017, 10:07 AM
£26 is steep for a match live on tv, the reverse game at ER was only £22 and that was 3pm on a Saturday.

I don't often go to Aberdeen, but I like the idea of a pre-Christmas trip up there. Expensive time of year of course, and it's on telly, but I think I'll get a ticket.

CallumLaidlaw
02-12-2017, 10:07 AM

I was kinda referring to the English premier league more. I often wonder if Hibs should look to sell certain parts of the ground cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
02-12-2017, 10:09 AM

We are at one extreme, where all parts of the stadium are the same price; some clubs are at the other extreme, with around eight to ten ticket bands within the stadium, and then some also have category matches.

Danderhall Hibs
02-12-2017, 10:40 AM
I was kinda referring to the English premier league more. I often wonder if Hibs should look to sell certain parts of the ground cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely should. How can it be the same price for the corner of the West as it is for halfway line?

Hibernia&Alba
02-12-2017, 10:43 AM
Definitely should. How can it be the same price for the corner of the West as it is for halfway line?

I would agree, and behind the goals should be cheaper than West and East.

Billy Whizz
02-12-2017, 10:48 AM
I would agree, and behind the goals should be cheaper than West and East.

It is for kids tickets

Hibernia&Alba
02-12-2017, 11:03 AM
It is for kids tickets

Aye, and that's a great initiative.

SChibs
02-12-2017, 11:22 AM
Problem is due to crap tv and sponsorship deals Scottish clubs make a big part of their income from ticket sales. Compare it to Germany or France and ticket sales make up a small % of a clubs income, hence the lower prices.

That being said I do think if prices were dropped more people would attend games. It's similar to trains with them also being a lot cheaper in mainland europe

Hermit Crab
03-12-2017, 10:39 AM
While I have already agreed that £26 is steep for this match, most on here won't think twice about giving Hearts £28 for the derby live on tv without complaining about the price or evening kick off time.

Since90+2
03-12-2017, 11:20 AM
While I have already agreed that £26 is steep for this match, most on here won't think twice about giving Hearts £28 for the derby live on tv without complaining about the price or evening kick off time.

Hearts is our Derby and always the biggest game of our season so it's not comparable to Aberdeen away. It's also a lot easier for folk to get to Tynecastle for an evening kick off than it is to Aberdeen for a 1230 start.

Hermit Crab
03-12-2017, 11:37 AM
Hearts is our Derby and always the biggest game of our season so it's not comparable to Aberdeen away. It's also a lot easier for folk to get to Tynecastle for an evening kick off than it is to Aberdeen for a 1230 start.

Its the point that nobody moans about £28 they just pay it. If the Aberdeen match was £22 and 3pm folk would still moan and make excuses not to go. I particularly like the excuse of not going yesterday because CT was the ref.....

HibeeHibernian4
03-12-2017, 11:30 PM
You'd like to think we should be selling this allocation out, especially if we take points from these two big home matches coming up. Sadly with the price, the kick off time and the fact that we never seem to take that many up there, I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't hit 4 figures.

monktonharp
03-12-2017, 11:57 PM
I don't think a difference of £4 would have made any difference to how many we take up to this. We never take a good crowd to Aberdeen, the folk who are going would be going regardless.

Agree price is high though.we never take a good crowd, mainly because of the silly k.o times|!even mid week times, it is hard to get to Aberdeen and the other thing being that we are hardly welcolmed there. the polis continually film our fans from the ends of the seats, as if we are about to start trouble. Last time I was there, a young lad was arrested or ejected for merely throwing his hat up in e Air! this was at half time.still think the prices for this match are very greedy.

monktonharp
04-12-2017, 12:05 AM
Hearts is our Derby and always the biggest game of our season so it's not comparable to Aberdeen away. It's also a lot easier for folk to get to Tynecastle for an evening kick off than it is to Aberdeen for a 1230 start.Totally agree. would not matter if the derby game was played at 3am in the morning at £35 for kids, and more for Adults. Aberdeen prices are bloody silly, and they are being very generous arnt' they to offer over 75's £15 entry!

monktonharp
04-12-2017, 01:55 AM
I don't often go to Aberdeen, but I like the idea of a pre-Christmas trip up there. Expensive time of year of course, and it's on telly, but I think I'll get a ticket.right then, it's a pre-Christmas trip so you think you might get a ticket. can you explain to me or at least expand, as to what makes that so apealling to you.? given the fact that you feel the prices are quite reasonable? you are having a laugh.

monktonharp
04-12-2017, 02:07 AM
While I have already agreed that £26 is steep for this match, most on here won't think twice about giving Hearts £28 for the derby live on tv without complaining about the price or evening kick off time.not even comparible in any way, and you know it. A Derby, whether it was played in the Meadows, Paties Road or Warrieston at 40Quid all welcome on a wet Tuesday Morning would be more sellable than the prices Aberdeen are punting for the 16th.At the risk of being generous to the old Aberdeen adage about how miserable they are, I'd expect maybe 9500 fans to turn up at Pitoddrie

Hermit Crab
04-12-2017, 05:08 AM
You'd like to think we should be selling this allocation out, especially if we take points from these two big home matches coming up. Sadly with the price, the kick off time and the fact that we never seem to take that many up there, I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't hit 4 figures.

There are around 2400 tickets available for this game. Even under Mowbray we never sold out Aberdeen away, 700-800 max imo.

HibeeHibernian4
04-12-2017, 07:22 AM
There are around 2400 tickets available for this game. Even under Mowbray we never sold out Aberdeen away, 700-800 max imo.

Fear you're right, but it's a pity for such an important game.

Carheenlea
04-12-2017, 12:46 PM
If we win our next two games we would still be unlikely to come close to selling out.
Saturday was a very decent support at Firhill of close to 2,000. A lot more than went to Hamilton and a few hundred more than travelled to Fir Park, so going by that, we can expect circa 1k as it stands now, but depending on results, that could rise to 1600 or so, but nowhere near selling out.
It's classed as one of our "longer" trips, but it's not really a long trip on a motorway/dual carriageway pretty much the full distance.

Hibernia&Alba
04-12-2017, 01:18 PM
right then, it's a pre-Christmas trip so you think you might get a ticket. can you explain to me or at least expand, as to what makes that so apealling to you.? given the fact that you feel the prices are quite reasonable? you are having a laugh.

Not having a laugh at all, MH. I don't think £26 is particularly outrageous and I'll be going. A Christmas trip to the frozen north sounds good, and it's a big game; we're right in the mix for second place just now.