PDA

View Full Version : Why players dive

JeMeSouviens
30-11-2017, 02:28 PM
... and why you can't blame them ...

https://youtu.be/KdmZAmto8ho?t=1m1s

If GMS goes down here, either Tavernier is off or the Dons get a pen or both. Until referees start giving fouls in situations where players are honest and try to stay up, then why wouldn't they dive?

Sammy7nil
30-11-2017, 06:30 PM
... and why you can't blame them ...

https://youtu.be/KdmZAmto8ho?t=1m1s

If GMS goes down here, either Tavernier is off or the Dons get a pen or both. Until referees start giving fouls in situations where players are honest and try to stay up, then why wouldn't they dive?

And because they cheat

Gatecrasher
30-11-2017, 06:44 PM
What pisses me off about the Celtic ones is that there is absolutely no need for them to cheat, they are light years ahead of the rest of Scotland and when someone comes close to giving them one back they are diving with a few minutes to go? they are nearly 70 games unbeaten ffs just take one for gods sake. They can and are able to win everything without resorting to it.

emerald green
30-11-2017, 06:47 PM
Why players dive is because cheating has become endemic in the game of football, and many other sports too.

Firestarter
30-11-2017, 06:51 PM
Players are taught to gain advantages these days at a very early age.

You used to be called a *****bag if you went down easy, now it's encouraged. I blame football Italia 😀

Biggie
30-11-2017, 07:00 PM
The money in football nowadays doesn't help. If a player doesn't go down, his teammates have possibly just lost a few grand in bonuses, you can imagine the grief he'd get back in the dressing room.
To us, the fans, their diving ****s, to them it's about winning and earning money.....whatever it takes.

It's down to refs to spot the divers, and correctly call the real fouls.

snooky
30-11-2017, 07:01 PM
First goal - very dodgy pen. 50/50 ball to me.

Second goal - fine

Third goal - cheat of a linesman. No other explanation.

Sending off - barely a booking. Harsh sending off for a second yellow.

Summary: Let's make sure Rangers win formula used again.

Conclusion: Why bother playing the game at all? Just give Rangers and Celtc the points and save all us a lot of bother.

brianmc
30-11-2017, 07:07 PM
It's also a very British mindset that this type of behaviour is out of order(one I wholeheartedly agree with by the way!).
In other footballing cultures it's seen as really clever play. Which is approved of by the managers/coaches, fans and teammates of the "cheat".

We see it as cheating. Others see it as "winning" a penalty/red card or whatever.

Firestarter
30-11-2017, 07:11 PM
It's also a very British mindset that this type of behaviour is out of order(one I wholeheartedly agree with by the way!).
In other footballing cultures it's seen as really clever play. Which is approved of by the managers/coaches, fans and teammates of the "cheat".

We see it as cheating. Others see it as "winning" a penalty/red card or whatever.

See my post above, I see it as the action of a ***** bag.

WoreTheGreen
30-11-2017, 07:13 PM
Bit off topic a worker on Tiny seen CL teaching a young player how to celebrate a goal.

ruthven_raiders
30-11-2017, 07:21 PM
What pisses me off about the Celtic ones is that there is absolutely no need for them to cheat, they are light years ahead of the rest of Scotland and when someone comes close to giving them one back they are diving with a few minutes to go? they are nearly 70 games unbeaten ffs just take one for gods sake. They can and are able to win everything without resorting to it.

A celtic mate at work is disgusted at the diving recently, he said as you have there is no need for it considering how far they are ahead.

snooky
30-11-2017, 07:24 PM
Agree with BMc about cheating in sport 'not being British'.

Often seen refs blow mistakenly for offside when the player receives the ball rather than when it's passed.
These two photos show that two players were offside from the start so there's no grey area.
The linesman is right in line with it. Cheating of the first order.
Our game's rotten to core.

19840 19841

Sammy7nil
30-11-2017, 07:26 PM
Bit off topic a worker on Tiny seen CL teaching a young player how to celebrate a goal.

Great stufff :confused: