PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Games - Wed 29th November

Pages : 1 [2]

bigwheel
30-11-2017, 07:47 PM
Also because the ball was at McGregors feet.

good point...:aok:

jgl07
30-11-2017, 08:28 PM
******* jammy gits. Saints so unlucky.
Bull****. There should have been more added time if anything. They played anti-football throughout. Had they attacked with more conviction they could well have come away with something.

Southampton were wasting time from the first ten minutes of the match. Every time they had a corner or a throw in no-one went to take it. Eventually someone would move over and take more time. Goal kicks were even worse. Fraser Forster should have been booked very early on for persistent time time wasting. The referee bottled it and took no action. A couple of early bookings would have stopped it stone dead.

Even when they went behind, things didn't get much better. When they drew level the time wasting went into overdrive. One of their players went down 'injured' and stayed down, about a pace from the touchline near the corner flag. He was substituted and tried to walk (or rather stumble) along the pitch to the halfway line rather than off the field. This was despite the referee pointing to direct him off the field. He gave five minutes added time. It also fired up the crowd.

Southampton got what they deserved. Absolutely nothing.

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2017, 01:27 AM
Bull****. There should have been more added time if anything. They played anti-football throughout. Had they attacked with more conviction they could well have come away with something.

Southampton were wasting time from the first ten minutes of the match. Every time they had a corner or a throw in no-one went to take it. Eventually someone would move over and take more time. Goal kicks were even worse. Fraser Forster should have been booked very early on for persistent time time wasting. The referee bottled it and took no action. A couple of early bookings would have stopped it stone dead.

Even when they went behind, things didn't get much better. When they drew level the time wasting went into overdrive. One of their players went down 'injured' and stayed down, about a pace from the touchline near the corner flag. He was substituted and tried to walk (or rather stumble) along the pitch to the halfway line rather than off the field. This was despite the referee pointing to direct him off the field. He gave five minutes added time. It also fired up the crowd.

That referee was going to keep playing until Citeh scored. They could still be playing now. Has Mansoor now bought the officials as well as the league?

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2017, 01:29 AM
so now that there is a different angle showing a clumsy push from the Motherwell player...is the "definite cheat" brigade still sticking with their views...or will you come on and admit that there was push by the Well player ...use url below

https://twitter.com/VLR/status/936275297347031041

I think it was very soft indeed, as was the one at Hampden last weekend. Classic Old Firm pens that other teams don't get. Motherwell would never have been given that.

Bishop Hibee
01-12-2017, 06:41 AM
Kept quiet on this as you couldn’t tell if it was a pen from the original angle. The new footage shows while McGregor played for it it is a penalty. Defender runs into the back of him and sends him flying.

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2017, 07:35 AM
Kept quiet on this as you couldn’t tell if it was a pen from the original angle. The new footage shows while McGregor played for it it is a penalty. Defender runs into the back of him and sends him flying.

I'm still not sure, BH. It's one of those only the Old Firm get, but it isn't an easy one to see clearly. I wouldn't have given it, but then again, I think there are far too many fouls given anyway. Everything is a foul and a booking now.

Pete
01-12-2017, 08:02 AM

:agree:

I can only put some peoples lack of objectivity down to jealousy.

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2017, 08:08 AM
:agree:

I can only put some peoples lack of objectivity down to jealousy.

:faf:

Jealous of Man City. To quote Alan Partridge, "Who were Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been".

Rather similar to Man City in comparison to Man United.

Pete
01-12-2017, 09:34 AM
:faf:

Jealous of Man City. To quote Alan Partridge, "Who were Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been".

Rather similar to Man City in comparison to Man United.

As a neutral observer I can only put it down to bitterness that United look like they will be the sideshow in England for the foreseeable. You’ve praised City yourself enough so maybe it’s time to admit that a victory for them is a victory for football.

Comparisons? I’d compare United with Blackpool pier. Gets plenty of visitors but most know it will never be like it was in the past. They know the eyes of the world are elsewhere, as are more modern venues where there is more razzmatazz and entertainment...probably where their kids will be going eventually.

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2017, 09:45 AM
As a neutral observer I can only put it down to bitterness that United look like they will be the sideshow in England for the foreseeable. You’ve praised City yourself enough so maybe it’s time to admit that a victory for them is a victory for football.

Comparisons? I’d compare United with Blackpool pier. Gets plenty of visitors but most know it will never be like it was in the past. They know the eyes of the world are elsewhere, as are more modern venues where there is more razzmatazz and entertainment...probably where their kids will be going eventually.

A neutral observer? Aye okay; your sky blue thinking is a .net tradition. :greengrin

"A victory for them is a victory for football". :faf:
Not a victory for oil sheikhs on a tax fiddle? Mid-size club with very deep pockets suddenly becomes relevant. It's all very Chelsea.

Pete
01-12-2017, 09:56 AM
A neutral observer? Aye okay; your sky blue thinking is a .net tradition. :greengrin

"A victory for them is a victory for football". :faf:
Not a victory for oil sheikhs on a tax fiddle? Mid-size club with very deep pockets suddenly becomes relevant. It's all very Chelsea.

It’s better than Chelsea off the park and better on it, as the last game at Stamford bridge demonstrated.

In modern football it doesn’t matter how arrive, as long as you get there. The dancing Zimbabweans the other week with City and Chelsea shirts on tell me they have.

hibsbollah
01-12-2017, 11:12 AM
Bang on about Özil, I think he's under appreciated in the UK, because sometimes he huffs and puffs. He's as good as any of the attacking midfielders down south for me.

I think you'll see an on fire and reenergised Ozil for the rest of the season, purely because his contracts up.

hibsbollah
01-12-2017, 11:17 AM
United haven't lost at home in fourteen months, and I think they will win the derby. However, City will win the league, barring an extraordinary collapse. 40 points from 42 is incredible form.

The main stumbling block to Utd challenging for the title is Jose's ego. He always reverts to mind numbing negativity against the other top teams, because he'd always rather take a point than risk a defeat and losing face to his peers. If he really goes for it against Arsenal this weekend and City, maybe by letting Pogba off his leash, we might have a title race, otherwise it's over by Christmas.