PDA

View Full Version : Referee for Partick game

hibee_girl
28-11-2017, 11:56 AM
Craig Thomson

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/SPFL/16.%20SPFL%20Appointments%20-%20Saturday%202nd%20-%20Sunday%203rd%20December%202017.pdf

DarlingtonHibee
28-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Craig Thomson

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/SPFL/16.%20SPFL%20Appointments%20-%20Saturday%202nd%20-%20Sunday%203rd%20December%202017.pdf
Ffs

SouthMoroccoStu
28-11-2017, 12:31 PM
Craig Thomson

Can we not get this incompetent cheat barred from refereeing games against us?!

Carheenlea
28-11-2017, 12:32 PM
I expected a week off for Craig Thomson after his calamitous cup final debacle (the most recent one), or if he was to get a gig, then in lower leagues to take him out the firing line. Instead they give him a top flight fixture featuring a club who's manager was less than complimentary about standards last weekend.

Fife-Hibee
28-11-2017, 01:25 PM
Glad I found out early’ will give it a miss! Useless bent **** !

SirDavidsNapper
28-11-2017, 01:27 PM
Home win then

Firestarter
28-11-2017, 01:30 PM
He's been ok since that final.

snooky
28-11-2017, 02:01 PM

A still detest the man and Sunday's performance only added fuel to the flames however, in a few recent games he's actually done okay which tells me he can do it properly if he wants but for some reason, known only to himself (and possibly his bookie), he chooses to act like a total incompetent at times.

Carheenlea
28-11-2017, 02:25 PM

A still detest the man and Sunday's performance only added fuel to the flames however, in a few recent games he's actually done okay which tells me he can do it properly if he wants but for some reason, known only to himself (and possibly his bookie), he chooses to act like a total incompetent at times.

Yes, he has been fine since that final for us at least, but he has still had quite a few high profile shockers in that time.

GreenNWhiteArmy
28-11-2017, 02:28 PM
He's just a really really ***** ref.

scoopyboy
28-11-2017, 02:29 PM
I have no concerns over him refereeing us on Saturday.

Worrying about a ref is for losers.

B.H.F.C
28-11-2017, 02:30 PM
Have an absolute shocker and then get rewarded with a top flight game the following week. Easy gig being a ref.

Fife-Hibee
28-11-2017, 02:38 PM

Aye aw right then !

scoopyboy
28-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Aye aw right then !

I listened to the same waffling on about Thomson before we played Hearts in the cup on February 7th 2016, how he would cost us the game and loves Hearts, blah, blah, blah.

He had a good game and we went on to win the cup.

Thankfully the Hibs players just got on with it that day rather than take the whimperings of fans on board.

I don't think he's a cheat, just that he's not particularly good.

Last Saturday's ref at Hamilton was much worse.

Albanian Hibs
28-11-2017, 02:59 PM
Craig Thomson

😂😂😂 what a joke

Firestarter
28-11-2017, 03:16 PM

Can't argue with that.

SideBurns
28-11-2017, 03:24 PM
I listened to the same waffling on about Thomson before we played Hearts in the cup on February 7th 2016, how he would cost us the game and loves Hearts, blah, blah, blah.

Thankfully the Hibs players just got on with it that day rather than take the whimperings of fans on board.

I believe Thomson cheated in 2012, and it would take a particularly convincing argument to change my mind. However, since then I'm not aware he has been any worse (and has probably been better than many) refs we've had. Even Steven McLean had a shocker at ER earlier this season, and I reckon he's about the best in Scotland (admittedly, my opinion of him may be influenced by 25.5.16).

Hiber-nation
28-11-2017, 03:36 PM

Exactly. No idea why so many on here continually get their knickers in a twist every time he is picked to ref a game of ours. We saw far far worse in the Championship.

Geo_1875
28-11-2017, 04:36 PM
Exactly. No idea why so many on here continually get their knickers in a twist every time he is picked to ref a game of ours. We saw far far worse in the Championship.

We certainly did, especially the fat baldy guy from Falkirk who always seemed to get us against Falkirk. He was as biased and bad as any referee I've ever seen.

However, he will never be acclaimed as our best referee or get anywhere near the Fifa or Eufa lists.

On the other hand, Thomson has proved time and time again that he is promoted beyond his abilities both in Scotland and Europe.

And since the 2012 final he has given many decisions to Hibs but I've yet to see one that gives us an advantage. You just know the nearer we are to the opposition goal the less likely we are to get that decision.

Hermit Crab
28-11-2017, 05:29 PM
Glad I found out early’ will give it a miss! Useless bent **** !

Not going to a Hibs game because of the ref? Thats a new one.

scoopyboy
28-11-2017, 05:42 PM
Not going to a Hibs game because of the ref? Thats a new one.

pitiful

Steve20
28-11-2017, 06:10 PM
I’m not going to miss the game because of it, but he is a cheat. No doubt about it at all.

SideBurns
28-11-2017, 06:25 PM
I believe Thomson cheated in 2012, and it would take a particularly convincing argument to change my mind. However, since then I'm not aware he has been any worse (and has probably been better than many) refs we've had. Even Steven McLean had a shocker at ER earlier this season, and I reckon he's about the best in Scotland (admittedly, my opinion of him may be influenced by 25.5.16).
Just realised I put 25.5.16 instead of 21.5.16....imagine getting that date wrong - even Kyle Lafferty got it right with his tattoo tribute!!

Eyrie
28-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Thomson is an incompetent cheat. The only question regarding Saturday is whether it will be us or Partick who get cheated by his incompetence.

Just realised I put 25.5.16 instead of 21.5.16....imagine getting that date wrong - even Kyle Lafferty got it right with his tattoo tribute!!

LTYF! :greengrin

Sir David Gray
28-11-2017, 08:59 PM
He's highly incompetent and should not be officiating in a top flight game after his shambolic performance on Sunday but I don't believe he's a cheat.

SouthMoroccoStu
28-11-2017, 09:06 PM

So you weren't even slightly concerned on finding out that he was appointed the ref for the final against hearts?

scoopyboy
28-11-2017, 11:00 PM
So you weren't even slightly concerned on finding out that he was appointed the ref for the final against hearts?

Wasn't concerned before the final.

Could've killed him after the final

He made wrong decisions without doubt in the final but what I'm trying to say is professional players shouldn't bother who is refereeing, if they are concerned then to me they aren't focussed on what they should be.

Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson played in that final, do you think they can't sleep tonight in the knowledge that Craig Thomson is refereeing their game on Saturday?

Firestarter
28-11-2017, 11:06 PM
Wasn't concerned before the final.

Could've killed him after the final

He made wrong decisions without doubt in the final but what I'm trying to say is professional players shouldn't bother who is refereeing, if they are concerned then to me they aren't focussed on what they should be.

Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson played in that final, do you think they can't sleep tonight in the knowledge that Craig Thomson is refereeing their game on Saturday?

He cheated in the final. There's no doubt about it and leading up to the final he was horrendous against us also numerous times. I'm not talking about the roberto Carlos from Gambia either, Black on Leigh is scandalous and still sticks in my crow.

maturehibby
28-11-2017, 11:28 PM
It's his inconsistency that bugs me .
Last Sunday the Motherwell player hardly off at all pushed Sinclair the week before he stood less than ten yards away from a corner Hibs were given and saw Paul Ganlon grabbed in a bear hug held to stop him getting a header in and Thompson says no penalty and says play on .
Now that was a penalty .
Man is useless,biased and as said inconsistent .
If he was in a professional post unlike Professional refereeing he would be out on his ear or starving from lack of work but SFA keep on rolling him out to keep on bringing misery to the fans &

Viva_Palmeiras
29-11-2017, 04:23 AM
“Schow we meet again Mr Bloefeld”

hibsbollah
29-11-2017, 07:15 AM

Look at the stats on total Hibs games he's reffed, yellow cards, redcards etc. It's beyond coincidence. He's a cheat.

scoopyboy
29-11-2017, 07:19 AM
Look at the stats on total Hibs games he's reffed, yellow cards, redcards etc. It's beyond coincidence. He's a cheat.

You got the stats handy?

hibsbollah
29-11-2017, 07:46 AM
You got the stats handy?

Matty f posted them a while back IIRC. Just ridiculous, massive differential over a large number of games.

dangermouse
29-11-2017, 07:50 AM
He is just like any other Scottish referee, completely incompetent at refereeing. Bring back the Maltese :greengrin

scoopyboy
29-11-2017, 08:06 AM
Matty f posted them a while back IIRC. Just ridiculous, massive differential over a large number of games.

Not doubting you just wouldn't have minded seeing them.

He isn't a good referee but you just have to get on with what you are given.

I don't think Scottish referees are very good full stop, it's not just Thomson.

Hope he reaches the maximum age shortly and that removes him from the list.

JimBHibees
29-11-2017, 08:17 AM

Here they are.

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?378-Craig-Thomson

Hiber-nation
29-11-2017, 08:44 AM

The stats don't look great but other then the obvious one, I can't really recall that many where he has been blatantly against us. I think he's been just as bad for other teams (including International and European teams) and the main problem is why he is still refereeing at the top level after so many abject performances.

All this nonsense about not going to the game or assuming we're beat before the game starts is absolutely ridiculous.

Geo_1875
29-11-2017, 09:11 AM
The stats don't look great but other then the obvious one, I can't really recall that many where he has been blatantly against us. I think he's been just as bad for other teams (including International and European teams) and the main problem is why he is still refereeing at the top level after so many abject performances.

All this nonsense about not going to the game or assuming we're beat before the game starts is absolutely ridiculous.

The stats tell a different story. If he was just incompetent the figures should average out over a period. They don't and the fact that you can't see that he's "blatantly against us" means that his tactic is working.

Marco G
29-11-2017, 09:14 AM
No-one has mentioned this, but he did our game v St Johnstone so we will get him in 2 out of three league games!! Seems a bit unusual?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
29-11-2017, 11:26 AM

There are actually loads of decisions from the soft Dunfermline penalty in a semi final replay conveniently not sending off the same player who got the pen in the first game for a horrific 2 footed challenge, to the brown trout red card, to bizarrely booking Sparky for diving who just happened to miss a crucial relegation decider v Dunfermline. It all evens itself out though. :rolleyes:

Geo_1875
29-11-2017, 12:41 PM
There are actually loads of decisions from the soft Dunfermline penalty in a semi final replay conveniently not sending off the same player who got the pen in the first game for a horrific 2 footed challenge, to the brown trout red card, to bizarrely booking Sparky for diving who just happened to miss a crucial relegation decider v Dunfermline. It all evens itself out though. :rolleyes:

Thomson wasn't the only cheat involved in that incident.

Baldy Foghorn
29-11-2017, 12:46 PM
He doesn't even try to hide the fact now........

JeMeSouviens
29-11-2017, 12:50 PM

Was just about to ask if that was when you sobered up? :wink:

hibsbollah
29-11-2017, 02:11 PM

I would normally agree with you, but the excessive number of yellow cards, redcards and penalties against (and corresponding decisions going heavily for our opponents) in the link below makes me think otherwise. And remember, it looks at 32 games from 2011/12 onwards. That's a lot of games for such a stark pattern of anti Hibs decisions. Maybe if it was over 10 games I'd say, well maybe it all evens itself out over a season.

SideBurns
29-11-2017, 04:46 PM
Was just about to ask if that was when you sobered up? :wink:

I think I sobered up just in time to start drinking again (so probably about the 25th, right enough)!

I see earlier in the thread that my error has provoked my first ever 'LTYF' too - a wonderful moment for any hibs.net novice!

Hibernia&Alba
29-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Total bawbag of a man, but at least we'll get to give him pelters all afternoon, which makes me look forward to the visit even more :agree:

emerald green
29-11-2017, 06:23 PM
The sooner Thomson retires at the end of this season the better. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned.

His questionable (to say the least) record when officiating Hibs matches speaks for itself, and his performance in the nightmarish Scottish Cup final was simply a disgrace for a so-called "top" referee.

Hibernia&Alba
29-11-2017, 06:24 PM
The sooner Thomson retires at the end of this season the better. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned.

His questionable (to say the least) record when officiating Hibs matches speaks for itself, and his performance in the nightmarish Scottish Cup final was simply a disgrace for a so-called "top" referee.

Is that right, aye? I didn't know he was finishing. Good, he won't be missed by Hibs fans, that's for sure.

emerald green
29-11-2017, 06:31 PM
Is that right, aye? I didn't know he was finishing. Good, he won't be missed by Hibs fans, that's for sure.

I should say that I had seen it posted on an earlier forum/thread, by another poster, that Thomson was retiring at the end of this season, and I was basing part of my earlier post on that.

scoopyboy
03-12-2017, 09:29 PM
Does the fact that nobody has posted on this thread since the game finished mean that Thomson didn't cheat us yesterday?

I was roaring for a penalty when squirrel got brought down in the second half but having seen it on the highlights it wasn't.

He made mistakes but probably not the worst we've had this season.

Thoughts?

LaMotta
04-12-2017, 12:43 AM
Does the fact that nobody has posted on this thread since the game finished mean that Thomson didn't cheat us yesterday?

I was roaring for a penalty when squirrel got brought down in the second half but having seen it on the highlights it wasn't.

Thoughts?

Got most things right yesterday apart from a couple of blatant corners the wrong way round.

Last time I remember him having a shocker against us was Ross County away when he sent off Paul Cairney for a County player taking a quick free kick and blasting the ball straight at Cairney, for which he gave PC a second yellow. Bizaare.

His performances have been on the whole ok with us since Romanov went missing. I suspect the brown envelopes stopped around that time. Without doubt there was something strange going on with CT and Hibs during the years 07 - 13 .

hibbysam
04-12-2017, 12:54 AM
Got most things right yesterday apart from a couple of blatant corners the wrong way round.

Last time I remember him having a shocker against us was Ross County away when he sent off Paul Cairney for a County player taking a quick free kick and blasting the ball straight at Cairney, for which he gave PC a second yellow. Bizaare.

His performances have been on the whole ok with us since Romanov went missing. I suspect the brown envelopes stopped around that time. Without doubt there was something strange going on with CT and Hibs during the years 07 - 13 .

Paul Cairney got his second booking for diving that day, Thomson was a lucky man that nobody made a beeline for him as it was as hostile an atmosphere towards a referee as I can remember, and right in front of the Hibs crowd as well.

Hermit Crab
04-12-2017, 05:22 AM

Thoughts?

Some people used him as an excuse not to go!

LaMotta
04-12-2017, 07:55 AM
Paul Cairney got his second booking for diving that day, Thomson was a lucky man that nobody made a beeline for him as it was as hostile an atmosphere towards a referee as I can remember, and right in front of the Hibs crowd as well.

Sorry your right. I was thinking of his first yellow which wasn't even as i'd described it, but was still bizaare :greengrin