Posting by @sportingintelligence .
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171127/8bce1b26000a4768218c706f0b014b63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
27-11-2017, 12:21 PM
Is this 2017 Ozy

Iain G
27-11-2017, 12:24 PM
Rangers are spending HOW MUCH on that garbage group of players, yet are still spending on average less than half of what Celtic are, there will be riots in Govan now and they will start to pay out even more money they don't have just to try to keep up with the lot across the city.

And spending more than double what Aberdeen are and more that 3 times any of the rest of us! Shows that it's not how much you spend it;s what you do with it that matters :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
27-11-2017, 12:31 PM
As ever, these things have to be treated with a great deal of scepticism.

The total spend on players is not available in the public domain. So assumptions have to be made, which makes the conclusions unreliable at best.

neil7908
27-11-2017, 12:36 PM

Really interesting seeing the difference between us and Aberdeen given how close we are to them in the league.

Not surprised at Rangers really as they haven't learned a thing and are still spending silly money on dross.

Comparing our average with the £50k in the English Premiership is frightening though.

NAE NOOKIE
27-11-2017, 01:23 PM

When you look at that Motherwell, Hamilton and St Johnstone are going very well on their budgets. The Rangers are clearly being badly run on theirs.

I'm a wee bit surprised given the amount of experience we have in our team that our average wage isn't higher ... I would have thought it would be in excess of £2000 ... though I'm aware some players will be on far more than others .... Stokes, Ambrose and Whittaker will almost certainly be on far better money than S Murray, F Murray and Shaw.

The bottom line is when you look at what everybody is paying outside of Celtic and to a lesser extent the Huns you can see why its so very very difficult for our clubs to stop players sodding off to England ..... there are teams in EFL division two paying more than Hibs are.

scoopyboy
27-11-2017, 01:26 PM
When you look at that Motherwell, Hamilton and St Johnstone are going very well on their budgets. The Rangers are clearly being badly run on theirs.

I'm a wee bit surprised given the amount of experience we have in our team that our average wage isn't higher ... I would have thought it would be in excess of £2000 ... though I'm aware some players will be on far more than others .... Stokes, Ambrose and Whittaker will almost certainly be on far better money than S Murray, F Murray and Shaw.

The bottom line is when you look at what everybody is paying outside of Celtic and to a lesser extent the Huns you can see why its so very very difficult for our clubs to stop players sodding off to England ..... there are teams in EFL division two paying more than Hibs are.

I doubt very much if Ambrose, Whittaker and Stokes will be included in this.

It is likely to be from 2015/2016 season with a possibility of 2016/2017 season.

NAE NOOKIE
27-11-2017, 01:46 PM
I doubt very much if Ambrose, Whittaker and Stokes will be included in this.

It is likely to be from 2015/2016 season with a possibility of 2016/2017 season.

True .... I wrongly assumed it was current figures.

Scouse Hibee
27-11-2017, 03:30 PM

The proportions club to club may well be correct but the whole thing around players salaries is usually total guesswork, assumption and has no real bearing on what they actually earn. Some of the figures that get thrown about and then stated as fact after being repeated several times are unbelievable.

Hibernia&Alba
27-11-2017, 03:35 PM
Who is the highest paid player in Scotland? my guess would be Scott Brown, as Celtic captain.

calumhibee1
27-11-2017, 03:40 PM
Who is the highest paid player in Scotland? my guess would be Scott Brown, as Celtic captain.

If a post a month or so ago on here is to be believed it's Bruno Alves on about £38k I think it was. Then it was Scott Sinclair on just short of that. Think Brown was listed as about £32k but I've no idea where the figures came from.

Edit: Callum has just posted the post I'd seen below.

CallumLaidlaw
27-11-2017, 03:42 PM

This was doing the rounds before. Again, no idea how accurate it is.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171127/88bd396c46ce7e98ef246310e038e698.jpg

Hibernia&Alba
27-11-2017, 03:46 PM
The 'nae pot tae pish in' Rangers are paying a 36 year old £38K per week, and Pena £33K? Is that accurate? I hope it is :lolrangers:

ancient hibee
27-11-2017, 03:52 PM
Are employers NHI contributions capped for high earners?A costly addition even if they are.

CropleyWasGod
27-11-2017, 03:57 PM
Are employers NHI contributions capped for high earners?A costly addition even if they are.

Nope. 13.8% :greengrin

jacomo
27-11-2017, 04:01 PM
The 'nae pot tae pish in' Rangers are paying a 36 year old £38K per week, and Pena £33K? Is that accurate? I hope it is :lolrangers:

Insane if true.

Iain G
27-11-2017, 04:09 PM

Does this include the side letters? :wink:

iwasthere1972
27-11-2017, 04:34 PM

About £4 million a year down the drain. :lolrangers::lolrangers:

I hope it's true too.

neil7908
27-11-2017, 04:57 PM

Surely even they wouldn't be that stupid? As much as I want to believe it, if you look at the clubs Alves and Pena joined from there's no way they'd be on anything like the sums quoted.

I guess they are a very new club though and are probably struggling to balance their figures. No doubt their recent issues on the park will mean they take a long hard look at their finances and reign things in...

calumhibee1
27-11-2017, 05:26 PM
Surely even they wouldn't be that stupid? As much as I want to believe it, if you look at the clubs Alves and Pena joined from there's no way they'd be on anything like the sums quoted.

I guess they are a very new club though and are probably struggling to balance their figures. No doubt their recent issues on the park will mean they take a long hard look at their finances and reign things in...

Rumour is that Alves was on just short of £60k at his last club. He stills plays for Portugal mind, I could very well believe he is on that.

Ozyhibby
27-11-2017, 07:35 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15686552.Survey_reveals_stark_financial_gap_betwee n_Celtic_s_wage_budget_and_the_rest_of_Scottish_Pr emiership/

Swedish hibee
27-11-2017, 07:45 PM
Motherwell & St Johnstone (nearly) half the amount of us!!!!

ancient hibee
27-11-2017, 08:28 PM
Players wages are not detailed in the Hibs accounts so where have these figures come from?

jacomo
27-11-2017, 08:37 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15686552.Survey_reveals_stark_financial_gap_betwee n_Celtic_s_wage_budget_and_the_rest_of_Scottish_Pr emiership/

It's frustrating that there is no detail on how they arrive at these figures.

Looking at the accounts won't cut it, for reasons explained above.

Do they survey agents and players?

Ozyhibby
27-11-2017, 08:45 PM
It's frustrating that there is no detail on how they arrive at these figures.

Looking at the accounts won't cut it, for reasons explained above.

Do they survey agents and players?

In a sport where how much a club pays in wages has such a direct effect on the performance of a club, it’s crazy that there is no transparency on what clubs are paying in wages.

Jack
27-11-2017, 09:00 PM

I understand that many of the top players contracts at each club include a clause that says they must, at least equal, the best paid player at the club. This avoids those on longer contracts having to renegotiate when the next best thing comes along the following season!

For that reason alone I doubt Scott Brown isn't the best paid player at celtc.

As for sevco paying that money. I suspect the rates mentioned are no more than Level 5 'leaks' that massage the egos of the orcs when these players sign on. These are the guys that can't afford a manager! Or even a phone call on an all inclusive phone contract to ask anyone in for an interview!!!

Mibbes Aye
27-11-2017, 09:06 PM

Have you not just posted the Herald covering the link you originally posted?

So, this isn't new or additional justification - it's just your first post being reposted somewhere else?

Regardless, I agree with a previous post - the figures might be dodgy but how they relate to each other feels more accurate, though it seems like The Rangers must have some players well in excess of the average (and hence, more below the average).

Re your point about publishing wages/salaries - I think it is relatively comon-place in the public sector, less so in the private sector but that may have improved?

Hi Heid Yin
27-11-2017, 09:44 PM
How on Earth could Dundee, Ross County, Partick Thistle and Kilmarnock be close to our average weekly wages?
Something doesn't smell right about these figures.
We get crowds these clubs can only dream about and yet they are not far off us wage-wise??

jacomo
27-11-2017, 09:51 PM
In a sport where how much a club pays in wages has such a direct effect on the performance of a club, it’s crazy that there is no transparency on what clubs are paying in wages.

On the flip side, as recruiting the right talent is all important, clubs will do all they can to keep their wage structure private.

Hibernia&Alba
27-11-2017, 09:54 PM
Does anyone have an idea what the top wage at Hibs is?

Ozyhibby
27-11-2017, 09:55 PM
Have you not just posted the Herald covering the link you originally posted?

So, this isn't new or additional justification - it's just your first post being reposted somewhere else?

Regardless, I agree with a previous post - the figures might be dodgy but how they relate to each other feels more accurate, though it seems like The Rangers must have some players well in excess of the average (and hence, more below the average).

Re your point about publishing wages/salaries - I think it is relatively comon-place in the public sector, less so in the private sector but that may have improved?

I’m not justifying the figures, I posted without comment. Both posts are related though which is why I posted them on the same thread when I came across them.

Mibbes Aye
27-11-2017, 10:11 PM
I’m not justifying the figures, I posted without comment. Both posts are related though which is why I posted them on the same thread when I came across them.

Yeah, no criticism, I wasn't sure whether the Herald article had added validity but it looks like it is just picking up on the original piece.

My instinct is that there will be a general truth to the figures, or at least the proportions, but also that there must be some massive outliers - for us, it would be Stokes and Ambrose compared to Porteous or Shaw (if the figures are this season). For other teams it seems obvious that Celtc only got Sinclair by offering something he could get down south, offset by the lure of ECL and trophies - at Sinclair's level, that would have been lower EPL/Championship wages?

Likewise there would be legacy wages, where someone like Alves has probably picked up decent wages for most of his career at his various clubs and would have sought a similar or reasonably close deal when he came to Scotland.

What the averages don't probably tell us is what makes us more or less competitive when we want to sign players like McGinn, or a Moult, Morgan and Mallan, but I guess that will always be the case.

CallumLaidlaw
27-11-2017, 10:14 PM
How on Earth could Dundee, Ross County, Partick Thistle and Kilmarnock be close to our average weekly wages?
We get crowds these clubs can only dream about and yet they are not far off us wage-wise??

That £600 between us and Kilmarnock - based on a squad of 20, is us paying out an extra £624k a year.

ancient hibee
27-11-2017, 10:19 PM
Last season there were 61 players and management at Hibs plus another 33 commercial and administrative.

jacomo
27-11-2017, 11:14 PM
Last season there were 61 players and management at Hibs plus another 33 commercial and administrative.

This is why it's impossible to identify how much our first team earn.

St J for example got little or no youth set up I think?

Ozyhibby
28-11-2017, 07:18 AM
This is why it's impossible to identify how much our first team earn.

St J for example got little or no youth set up I think?

Impossible for us but surely any half decent agent operating in Scotland could tell you what each club pays. Not sure how these figures were compiled but they may not just be using accounts.

Jones28
28-11-2017, 07:26 AM
Quite surprised at the size of gap between ourselves and Aberdeen, shows how well we are doing.

However, pinch of salt whenever these kind of things come out - where did the info come from originally?

Michael
28-11-2017, 07:33 AM
That £600 between us and Kilmarnock - based on a squad of 20, is us paying out an extra £624k a year.

Probably about 3000 season tickets worth of wages right there.

Ozyhibby
28-11-2017, 08:04 AM
http://globalsportssalaries.com/

Bit more info
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171128/83501ff8a8d6189e1cd38a318ff0450e.jpg

DH1875
28-11-2017, 09:55 AM

I'm guessing here but would have to figure our manager is one of our top earners at the club and on more than £1600 per week. Reckon he must be on at least £2k per week.

Sergio sledge
28-11-2017, 10:16 AM
The figures may not be totally accurate, but they do have a ring of truth to them. After Rodgers claiming that the gulf between the SPFL and Celtic is totally different to the gap between Celtic and the big teams in the Champions League, this survey comes out and seems to hint that the gap is roughly equivalent (we pay 8.4 times less than Celtic who pay 8.8 times less than PSG) and in some cases greater. Tom English pre-empted this survey using last years figures here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41299793.

IWasThere2016
28-11-2017, 10:32 AM

I think Hibs fans have a very poor (eg grossly overstated) grasp of what Hibs players earn.

Smartie
28-11-2017, 10:50 AM
I'm guessing here but would have to figure our manager is one of our top earners at the club and on more than £1600 per week. Reckon he must be on at least £2k per week.

Our manager has had a long playing career at the highest level and has managed Celtic and a Championship side down South.

He'll be ok for cash, money will not be his primary motivation for being at Hibs. He'll want something to manage us, a decent wage, but he's basically rebuilding his reputation to potentially get himself back amongst the big boys and the big bucks again, whilst trying to enjoy himself along the way.

I'd be surprised if we were pushing the boat out for him to a level that probably wouldn't even be that big a deal to him.

(FWIW I think it's working out very well for both parties).

KazaHibs
28-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Reckon he must be on at least £2k per week.

Double that

Smartie
28-11-2017, 10:55 AM
I think Hibs fans have a very poor (eg grossly overstated) grasp of what Hibs players earn.

It's quite funny how poor a grasp of what people in general have about what other people earn.

I work in a field that has a reputation as being well-paid and people are quick to share their opinions with you.

Reality can be very different indeed.

It is true that fairly average players can earn ridiculous sums down South (and at the OF by the looks of things).

But you want see any Hibs players in the papers wiping their ***** on £50 notes, that's for sure.

SChibs
28-11-2017, 10:58 AM
This will just be a basic salary. Goal/clean sheet/ appearance bonuses won't be included

CallumLaidlaw
28-11-2017, 11:00 AM

Some do. I've always had a belief that most of our players fall somewhere between £800 to £2k a week. I imagine we'll have a few that will now exceed that - Stokes, Ambrose, maybe Marciano, Slivka, Whittaker and McGinn.

patlowe
28-11-2017, 11:02 AM

I'm not surprised to see that Ross County pay a decent amount as they are always well backed by their owner. But even with that in mind, we are still paying significantly more than those clubs according to these figures and I suspect the numbers cited will be from the previous year, which would not reflect our new financial situation and subsequent wage outlay now we are back in the Premiership. I reckon our average will have increased significantly this season with new contracts/signings and I wouldn't even be surprised if we are paying slightly more on average than Hearts this season. Obviously guys like Lafferty, Berra, Stokes and Ambrose skew the situation. Aberdeen are a different kettle of fish given their recent revenue and the donations they appear to be receiving at the moment.

Smartie
28-11-2017, 11:06 AM
I think it shows you what effect being in the Premier League has. Even though our TV deals are quite crap, TV money,prize money and away supports will account for a large chunk of what the "wee clubs" earn.

That will probably explain why ICT are bricking it after being relegated - it will be a struggle for them to get by on their limited gate money if they have held onto a large part of their Premier League squad.

It should also explain why our accounts looked a lot poorer than we expected last season, and that we should expect them to be significantly better this season.

Ozyhibby
28-11-2017, 11:14 AM

I saw a bit of paper once that had the salary of what I would consider to be one of our top players (no longer at the club) and his wages were nothing like as big as some of the figures quoted. He was still a well paid young man but was earning less than me. Would have happily swapped though. [emoji23]

CropleyWasGod
28-11-2017, 12:09 PM
This will just be a basic salary. Goal/clean sheet/ appearance bonuses won't be included

There's even less chance of this being the case IMO.

The only figures in the public domain relate to our total spend on employees. Breaking that down to the cost of players is difficult enough, without further breaking it down into basic and bonuses.

As for agents knowing wages, they'd probably be breaking Data Protection laws by disclosing them to a third party without consent.

DH1875
28-11-2017, 12:37 PM
Our manager has had a long playing career at the highest level and has managed Celtic and a Championship side down South.

He'll be ok for cash, money will not be his primary motivation for being at Hibs. He'll want something to manage us, a decent wage, but he's basically rebuilding his reputation to potentially get himself back amongst the big boys and the big bucks again, whilst trying to enjoy himself along the way.

I'd be surprised if we were pushing the boat out for him to a level that probably wouldn't even be that big a deal to him.

(FWIW I think it's working out very well for both parties).

So you think he's on less than £2k a week? How much do you reckon he is on then?

snooky
28-11-2017, 12:41 PM
It's interesting to compare this chart to the teams' league positions. It shows up who is doing well (considering their financial position) and who isn't. The Celtc bar says it all really. They're getting roughly the same amount as all the other clubs added together. Ain't that fair. :rolleyes:

Smartie
28-11-2017, 01:25 PM
So you think he's on less than £2k a week? How much do you reckon he is on then?

I suspect he'll be up with our higher earners on £1200 - £2000 pw. No idea where though. I don't think he'll have haggled over every last hundred pound of it.

I reckon he'll have a pretty hefty bonus structure - he'll have got a few quid for getting us promoted last season and will probably stand to get a tidy sum depending on where he gets us to this season.

As I say - I think he'll get a decent wedge by our standards but I don't think we'll have pushed the boat out for him.

I suspect we might have pushed the boat out for Stokes.

I also think that McGinn was an opportunistic "in addition to the playing budget" type signing at the time and he might have got a few quid extra as a result (he was signed just before we got the windfall from the Scott Allan sale).

mjhibby
29-11-2017, 03:09 AM
Does anyone have an idea what the top wage at Hibs is?

I doubt very much these figures reflect what stokes, mcginn, ambrose, Marciano are on. I would suspect they are on North of 3 grand a week and that is balanced by the likes of Shaw, porteous etc being on around £500 a week. A lot of hibs salaries is incentive based so won't know till end of the season how much the average wage bill is. The likes of mickey weir, Paul kane and Eddie may were only on about £250 a week basic till they became regulars in the team and got big increases. No way stokes is on hibs average wage that's for sure.

mjhibby
29-11-2017, 03:14 AM
Dundee wage bill is scary considering their crowds and they hertz and sevco are the big underperformers.if it wasn't for that mystery donation by whoever hertz would have paid £2m over in salaries they couldn't afford. Celtic and Aberdeen wage bill look about right I'd say.

Kaiser1962
29-11-2017, 07:09 AM
The proportions club to club may well be correct but the whole thing around players salaries is usually total guesswork, assumption and has no real bearing on what they actually earn. Some of the figures that get thrown about and then stated as fact after being repeated several times are unbelievable.

It mostly is. And its an average so I would imagine, at Hibs, there may be a disparity between the wages of Stokes and Ambrose and that of Frazer Murray or Lewis Allan.

I recall a few years ago Aberdeen listed staff costs around £6.6m with overall staff numbering 112 with playing staff accounting for only 41 of those. Any attempt to establish an average wage for a player, unless you are actually running payroll, is "total guesswork" without the "usually"