PDA

View Full Version : Football tickets in Germany - Any Recommendations?

LustForLeith
26-11-2017, 04:04 PM
Hi folks,

Helping to organise a lads trip away next year. We’ve progressed from hospitality at Easter Road to Premier games and last season went to Madrid.

He four of us quite fancy going to Germany for a game. Initial thoughts would be somewhere like Munich, Dortmund or Hetha Berlin .

Anyone know how easy it is to get tickets for games in Germany? Any sites to get them from or any tips on sites that offer flights, tickets and accommodation?

Cheers in advance. When we went to Madrid last season we ended up with tickets in the VIP Corproate Hospitality so the bar has been raised. Pardon the pun!

Joe6-2
26-11-2017, 04:24 PM
Munich brilliant, went for my sons stag. Although it was 1860 at home we decided to go. Train straight to Allianz, bought tickets at ground, bought a card in the ground that allows you to pay for food AND beer during the game!

SteveHFC
26-11-2017, 04:28 PM
Frankfurt unbelievable atmosphere although Munich did win league that day, whole weekend was just brilliant

MKHIBEE
26-11-2017, 04:30 PM
Hi folks,

Helping to organise a lads trip away next year. We’ve progressed from hospitality at Easter Road to Premier games and last season went to Madrid.

He four of us quite fancy going to Germany for a game. Initial thoughts would be somewhere like Munich, Dortmund or Hetha Berlin .

Anyone know how easy it is to get tickets for games in Germany? Any sites to get them from or any tips on sites that offer flights, tickets and accommodation?

Cheers in advance. When we went to Madrid last season we ended up with tickets in the VIP Corproate Hospitality so the bar has been raised. Pardon the pun!

Have had tickets in the past for Hamburg, Cologne, Werder Bremen, Moenchengladbsch and Bochum with no problem at all, tickets easily bought through the club websites.

Baader
26-11-2017, 04:41 PM
Went to see Hertha v Schalke a few weeks ago as wanted to see a match in The Olympic Stadium.

Dead easy to get tickets online from the clubs official website. Unless it's Bayern or maybe Dortmund they never sell out.

What is good is the ticket covers you for train travel to and from the stadium. Great idea.

BullsCloseHibs
26-11-2017, 04:59 PM
I can offer no better experience than St Pauli. An absolutely brilliant trip. Fans are amazing and very welcoming. Maybe in the second tier but don't let that put you off. The game I saw had almost 30,000 there. Hamburg is also a fantastic city. Been to a few German cities and games but nothing beats St Pauli 😀

Winston Ingram
26-11-2017, 05:06 PM
Hi folks,

I’ve been to a few. Hamburg, Bayern, Werder Bremen and Hertha Berlin. I got the tickets directly from the clubs and it wasn’t too much bother. All cities are direct flights from Edinburgh.

One thing to note is that it’s a myth that the tickets are cheap. There’s usually a section for standing that’s cheap that are about €10-15 but they’re really difficult to get hold of.

Hulk1875
26-11-2017, 05:21 PM
Went to Düsseldorf few years back it was monday night game first game of the season after they had got relegated, the attendance was about 40,000. ticket from a shop in city centre was €20 that included travel on the tram. I didn't know that until after I bought an all day pass. What topped the trip was meeting Mathias jack In an Irish bar called mclaughlins sat for about 4 hours with him and few others talking hibs and football, what a gentleman, he was and think he still is with Düsseldorf coaching one of the Unders teams. Also went to hertha Berlin v Bayern Munich did pay bit more for that ticket through viagogo

RoYO!
26-11-2017, 05:23 PM
Went to Düsseldorf few years back it was monday night game first game of the season after they had got relegated, the attendance was about 40,000. ticket from a shop in city centre was €20 that included travel on the tram. I didn't know that until after I bought an all day pass. What topped the trip was meeting Mathias jack In an Irish bar called mclaughlins sat for about 4 hours with him and few others talking hibs and football, what a gentleman, he was and think he still is with Düsseldorf coaching one of the Unders teams. Also went to hertha Berlin v Bayern Munich did pay bit more for that ticket through viagogo

One of the only players to ever get a 'role' named after him!

Hulk1875
26-11-2017, 05:27 PM
One of the only players to ever get a 'role' named after him!

There's one or two hibs tops in that bar. He drinks
Quite regular there I got him sign the t shirt I was wearing. Just checked he he's fortuna Düsseldorf II interim manager hopefully see him get a big job soon. We talked about AEK Athens match, he said he hasn't been back to Edinburgh since he left hibs

BullsCloseHibs
26-11-2017, 05:46 PM

I'd never buy off viagogo... Especially German games, never any need. There are always tickets handed back to club and if not, friendly touts in abundance.

Hulk1875
26-11-2017, 05:51 PM
I'd never buy off viagogo... Especially German games, never any need. There are always tickets handed back to club and if not, friendly touts in abundance.

Yeah was a mistake as you say plenty people selling tickets and there were quite a few empty seats, just when I had went online it was sold out and wanted to make sure I had ticket not realising tickets are handed back

Iggy Pope
26-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Went to see Hertha v Schalke a few weeks ago as wanted to see a match in The Olympic Stadium.

Dead easy to get tickets online from the clubs official website. Unless it's Bayern or maybe Dortmund they never sell out.

What is good is the ticket covers you for train travel to and from the stadium. Great idea.

It is and I wish Edinburgh clubs could do likewise. Knowing our council they'd make it easier for one of them.
I also think you can pick up a ticket for Hertha at Lidl with your shopping.

Iggy Pope
26-11-2017, 06:08 PM
There's one or two hibs tops in that bar. He drinks
Quite regular there I got him sign the t shirt I was wearing. Just checked he he's fortuna Düsseldorf II interim manager hopefully see him get a big job soon. We talked about AEK Athens match, he said he hasn't been back to Edinburgh since he left hibs

Met him at the friendly in Arnhem. Top man, genuine affection for the Hibs and should be over for a half time draw one day surely.

Hulk1875
26-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Met him at the friendly in Arnhem. Top man, genuine affection for the Hibs and should be over for a half time draw one day surely.

Yeah that would be great, reckon I'll go back over to Düsseldorf the alstadt (old town) is really good
. I kept in touch with him for a bit on FB which I don't have anymore but when we won the Scottish cup I was phoning and texting everyone in my phone. I gave him a text and he text back saying he was delighted about it.

Swedish hibee
26-11-2017, 08:13 PM
I go to a few German games and never had a bad one yet. Hamburg is my fave place to go, but Dusseldorf is great too.

Ryan69
26-11-2017, 08:19 PM

I may may be wrong here....but is it not his bar?

kaimendhibs
26-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Been to see Union Berlin and Hertha. Preferred Union and going back in April. Tickets cheaper online, some of my pals paid 17 euro, i rocked up on the day with Jumbo and it was 40 euro each.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hibrandenburg
26-11-2017, 11:25 PM
Hertha and Schalke hate each other. Could be an interesting atmosphere.

NRW_Hibbie
27-11-2017, 05:34 AM
Stay in Düsseldorf but go and see Dortmund if you can get a ticket (an hour or so on the train) or Gladbach (half an hour). Because both cities are within the VRR transport region, your match ticket will get you free travel as long as you avoid the faster ICE/IC trains.

As already mentioned, Düsseldorf is an incredible night out - don't miss the Schweinebrötchen at Schweine Janes on Bolkerstrasse and a small glass or two of Altbier from Uerige.

Just Jimmy
27-11-2017, 07:26 AM
I've been to Dortmund. A German friend lives just outside Dortmund so arranged tickets. Don't rule out going to a Bundesliga 2 game either, I did a Bochum game too and it was superb.

rodhibs55
27-11-2017, 07:56 AM
I am in Germany a lot and I would recommend St Pauli. I know they have a smeltic connection but that does not take away from a brilliant and legendary atmosphere at their games. Hamburg is also a great city to visit and easy to get to from Edinburgh.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-11-2017, 09:28 AM
Would also recommend staying in Hamburg and going to a St Pauli game. Fantastic wkend

BullsCloseHibs
27-11-2017, 10:06 AM
I am in Germany a lot and I would recommend St Pauli. I know they have a smeltic connection but that does not take away from a brilliant and legendary atmosphere at their games. Hamburg is also a great city to visit and easy to get to from Edinburgh.

The guys we spoke to in St Pauli weren't interested in Celtic, only what we told them of Hibs. Just remember, not all of them are Celtic 'fans' :agree: I've saw a photo of a guy wearing a Hibs top at a St Pauli game once too :aok:

LustForLeith
27-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Cheers for this info. It's much appreciated.

I emailed Dortmund and they've replied instability with information about a package they do where you get a hotel and a match ticket from about 209 Euros.

It's called the Adrenalin Trip. Anyone done this before?!

Also, how easy is it to get to Dortmund direct from Edinburgh. had a quick look but couldn't see a direct flight.

Thanks!

JeMeSouviens
27-11-2017, 11:11 AM

I emailed Dortmund and they've replied instability with information about a package they do where you get a hotel and a match ticket from about 209 Euros.

Also, how easy is it to get to Dortmund direct from Edinburgh. had a quick look but couldn't see a direct flight.

Thanks!

Eurowings to Cologne-Bonn is pretty close.

LustForLeith
27-11-2017, 11:14 AM
Eurowings to Cologne-Bonn is pretty close.

Thanks!

When do they play games in Germany? Could it be either a Friday, Saturday or a Sunday?

rodhibs55
27-11-2017, 11:39 AM
The guys we spoke to in St Pauli weren't interested in Celtic, only what we told them of Hibs. Just remember, not all of them are Celtic 'fans' :agree: I've saw a photo of a guy wearing a Hibs top at a St Pauli game once too :aok:

Agree with what you are saying, not all are celtic fans. I also know that they know about us, partly because I have been in the pub with the celtic crest and memorabilia (St Pauli Eck), where I have had on more than one occasion, had a Rab C esq rant about celtic being imposters and Hibees being first to wear the green while brandishing my mobile with the Hibs crest on it.
Look at the date on their badge, 1888, look at this, Hibernian 1875, I tell you they are imposters. (That's me off again).

No doubt I will be at it again next time in Hamburg. :)

GGTTH

Hulk1875
27-11-2017, 11:51 AM
I may may be wrong here....but is it not his bar?

when in was there sure it was a guy called terry

Willis1875
27-11-2017, 12:06 PM

It's called the Adrenalin Trip. Anyone done this before

Thanks!

I’m just back from the Dortmund v Schalke game at the weekend,Flew Eurowings Fri to Sun and stayed in dusseldorf,An hour on the train from dusseldorf HBF to Dortmund HBF,all very easy to navigate.Dusseldorf is a great night out and the Signal Induna Park is a exceptional football ground

LustForLeith
27-11-2017, 12:14 PM
I’m just back from the Dortmund v Schalke game at the weekend,Flew Eurowings Fri to Sun and stayed in dusseldorf,An hour on the train from dusseldorf HBF to Dortmund HBF,all very easy to navigate.Dusseldorf is a great night out and the Signal Induna Park is a exceptional football ground

Some game as well!!!

Willis1875
27-11-2017, 12:16 PM
Some game as well!!!

Yep a proper game of two half’s,Couldn’t have picked a better one from a neutrals point of view

tanfield
27-11-2017, 12:21 PM

Thanks!

I'm doing the Adrenalin trip in February for the Hamburg game although flights to Dortmund are via Luton.

When you arrive at the hotel you get a box with a scarf and other goodies. Nice touch but i guess you are paying a premium anyway as part of the package.

Hoping to go to the Vitesse v Feyenoord game on the Saturday and if we get there on time the Bochum game on the Friday night.

KeithTheHibby
27-11-2017, 12:51 PM
3 years ago I organised by brothers stag in Dusseldorf. Got tickets for Borussia Moenchegladbach versus Augsburg as Fortuna Dusseldorf were away from home that weekend and were also not in the top division.

Anyway it was very easy to order tickets online. We were in a section behind the goal, paid 20 euros for a ticket which actually entitled us to 2 free tickets! Also included was rail and bus travel to and from the game which was excellent.

The atmosphere was excellent and at the time Borussia were sitting 4th. They did lose the game 2-1 however as a match day experience it has topped any game in the UK (Hibs being the exception) I have been to.

norwayhibs
27-11-2017, 02:33 PM
Thanks!

When do they play games in Germany? Could it be either a Friday, Saturday or a Sunday?

Games are normally set 5 weeks before

norwayhibs
27-11-2017, 02:36 PM
I'm doing the Adrenalin trip in February for the Hamburg game although flights to Dortmund are via Luton.

When you arrive at the hotel you get a box with a scarf and other goodies. Nice touch but i guess you are paying a premium anyway as part of the package.

Hoping to go to the Vitesse v Feyenoord game on the Saturday and if we get there on time the Bochum game on the Friday night.

Don't ryan air fly from Edinburgh to Düsseldorf Weeze, Weeze is about an hour /1.5 hour from Dortmund.

son of haggart
27-11-2017, 02:40 PM
I've been to Dortmund. A German friend lives just outside Dortmund so arranged tickets. Don't rule out going to a Bundesliga 2 game either, I did a Bochum game too and it was superb.

My brother lived in Bochum for years and I can recommend it.

However for the full atmosphere and a good lads trip I’d recommend staying in Düsseldorf and travelling to Dortmund for a game. Dortmund Schalke is a big rivalry and the weekends game saw Dortmund 4-0 up and Schalke pull back to 4-4 !

I had a bunch of Schalke guys over for the World darts championship a few years back and got them tickets for a Brentford - Wolves game and they were fun

wpj
27-11-2017, 04:09 PM

Watched a few Hibs games in McLaughlin's when I lived there great pub and people. I still follow Fortuna Düsseldorf.

MKHIBEE
27-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Thanks!

It could be any of those, they generally finalise fixtures about 6 weeks before.

.Sean.
28-11-2017, 09:16 AM
I was in Hamburg last month and went to their game versus Stuttgart. What a weekend, can't recommend it enough

Hibrandenburg
29-11-2017, 08:37 AM
Just go to Bremen. It's only an hour drive (less on the train) from Hamburg. Great wee toon and plenty of drinking holes in and around the stadium. Extra bonus of being able to wear your Hibs colours.

steelendhibs
29-11-2017, 11:03 AM
How do you attach an image in a reply?

DanTheMan
12-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Went to see Hertha v Hoffenheim in March, what an experience. Planning to go to a Frankfurt game next month.

Alan62
12-12-2017, 10:13 PM
I took in Union Berlin v Kaiserslautern in September. Train out to Potsdam cost a few quid, beers before and during the game, €32 for a really good seat in a neat wee stadium. Bought my ticket online and printed it at home before I left. Union won 5-1 as well. Great fun.

kaimendhibs
13-12-2017, 01:33 AM
I took in Union Berlin v Kaiserslautern in September. Train out to Potsdam cost a few quid, beers before and during the game, €32 for a really good seat in a neat wee stadium. Bought my ticket online and printed it at home before I left. Union won 5-1 as well. Great fun.Ive got a big Union sticker on my back window of car