PDA

View Full Version : boring?

26-11-2017, 04:31 PM
Celtic fans, envious of course of them getting guarenteed at very least 1 trophy a season but what a boring time it must be. They are about to win yet another trophy and whilst I know they will be happy, I can't help thinking that it must all become so routine and meaningless.

I text a celtic mate earlier (whos a ST holder btw!) when they scored the first and his reply was "aw who scored?". Wasn't even watching. I'm thinking, if it was hibs in a final i'd be occupied with nothing other than the game!

Just another trophy, just another tick in the box. Compare that to the emotion of 21st May. They will NEVER experience a feeling even close to that.

Unless it involves getting 1 over on the huns, they are pretty uninterested.

Mr White
26-11-2017, 04:34 PM
There would have been a bigger reaction from Celtc fans if they'd lost today than there will be at the full time whistle. Winning has become so routine for them. I really hope it's us that bursts their winning run.

-Jonesy-
26-11-2017, 04:36 PM
There would have been a bigger reaction from Celtc fans if they'd lost today than there will be at the full time whistle. Winning has become so routine for them. I really hope it's us that bursts their winning run.

Thank god they have the highest payed players in the country cheating and getting opponents sent off so that doesn't happen

MWHIBBIES
26-11-2017, 04:37 PM
I would never be envious of them, they will never come close to feeling the way I did on 21.05.16

Thecat23
26-11-2017, 04:40 PM

Bang on.

Ryan91
26-11-2017, 04:41 PM
Celtic fans, envious of course of them getting guarenteed at very least 1 trophy a season but what a boring time it must be. They are about to win yet another trophy and whilst I know they will be happy, I can't help thinking that it must all become so routine and meaningless.

I text a celtic mate earlier (whos a ST holder btw!) when they scored the first and his reply was "aw who scored?". Wasn't even watching. I'm thinking, if it was hibs in a final i'd be occupied with nothing other than the game!

Just another trophy, just another tick in the box. Compare that to the emotion of 21st May. They will NEVER experience a feeling even close to that.

The final whistle will go, and half of their fans will be out the ground before they've even lifted the trophy. They don't care, it's like you said, just another tick in the box for them. They don't know what it's like to really support their team because they've never had to deal with the bad times.

The Spaceman
26-11-2017, 04:41 PM
I look forward to reading the headlines tomorrow about how the mighty financial clout of Celtic meant it was never a fair contest for Motherwell...

Jones28
26-11-2017, 04:45 PM
I look forward to reading the headlines tomorrow about how the mighty financial clout of Celtic meant it was never a fair contest for Motherwell...

And listening to how it's the other teams in the leagues fault for not giving Motherwell enough competition.

JK Rolling
26-11-2017, 04:47 PM
I genuinely couldn't care who beats them first domestically as their dominance has turned our league into a joke where the pundits on Sky, BT Sport, etc, regularly laugh at how 'easy' it is for Celtic.

It amazes me that they don't comment on a one horse race being mundane and predictable, no doubt too busy fawning over BR and happy to gloss over:

a) Any half decent manager would win trophies with Celtic

and

b) He was a failure at Liverpool

We should be grateful though that this football messiah honours us with his presence.

Baader
26-11-2017, 04:52 PM
They're a strange bunch. Given the size of club and their budget beating the likes of Motherwell is akin to us playing second division or even junior teams. Should be no contest. Yet they'll celebrate like theyve beaten a real rival or favourite.

Celtic fans are the type who would've attended The Colosseum and cheered on the lions.

26-11-2017, 05:06 PM
Everything about them is plastic.

YNWA - stolen
The "huddle" - stolen
Green and white - stolen
Hoops - stolen

Bishop Hibee
26-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Camera pans round the Celtc fans after the second goal and it’s polite applause with some fans hardly bothering. It’s all about 10 in a row and European competition after Christmas. I don’t think their that bothered about cups and being unbeaten as long as Newco win nothing.

Jim44
26-11-2017, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=JK Rolling;5229590]I genuinely couldn't care who beats them first domestically as their dominance has turned our league into a joke where the pundits on Sky, BT Sport, etc, regularly laugh at how 'easy' it is for Celtic.

It amazes me that they don't comment on a one horse race being mundane and predictable, no doubt too busy fawning over BR and happy to gloss over:

a) Any half decent manager would win trophies with Celtic

and

b) He was a failure at Liverpool

We should be grateful though that this football messiah honours us with his presence.[/

....... and an abject failure against PSG. He said however that there were a lot of positives to be taken from a 12-1 humiliation. :faf:

26-11-2017, 05:30 PM
Camera pans round the Celtc fans after the second goal and it’s polite applause with some fans hardly bothering. It’s all about 10 in a row and European competition after Christmas. I don’t think their that bothered about cups and being unbeaten as long as Newco win nothing.

Said the same, not a bit bothered.

When they beat us in the 2013 SC final, we were walking up the road to our buses with some celtic fans walking beside us. They left before (or at very least JUST after) they lifted the cup. Was no big deal to them, just another trophy and up the road for a cup of tea.

whats the point?! that must be so dull

Malthibby
26-11-2017, 05:33 PM
Thank god they have the highest payed players in the country cheating and getting opponents sent off so that doesn't happen

"I felt a tug on my sleeve so I went down."
Really don't like Sinclair, although I suspect that won't be keeping him awake at night.

yonder1875
26-11-2017, 05:35 PM
Yes it'd be incredibly boring. You'll get your glory-hunting Celtic fans saying it's not, but it's because that's all they know.

They'll all be home by now.

26-11-2017, 05:50 PM
Yes it'd be incredibly boring. You'll get your glory-hunting Celtic fans saying it's not, but it's because that's all they know.

They'll all be home by now.

aye you get the whole "your just jealous, we love it, we are passionate" etc. but they really aren't. As I said, direct them to 21.05.16. Nothing they have ever experienced. not even close.

Jealous? yep i guess so in a way, i'd love hibs to win the league and trophies every year but not jealous of how desensitised the whole celtic support are to it all.

Pagan Hibernia
26-11-2017, 06:02 PM
They're a strange bunch. Given the size of club and their budget beating the likes of Motherwell is akin to us playing second division or even junior teams. Should be no contest. Yet they'll celebrate like theyve beaten a real rival or favourite.

Celtic fans are the type who would've attended The Colosseum and cheered on the lions.

To be fair I’d rather they properly celebrated winning these games than the barely interested half hearted celebrations you generally see from them when they win another trophy these days, as many on this thread have commented on.

When they beat us in the semi final a few weeks ago their support was completely muted.

unless it’s their ugly sister or a Big European night at Celtic Park they couldn’t care less

BullsCloseHibs
26-11-2017, 06:02 PM
Think we can safely add Man City to the boring list. They are the epitome of boring.

essexhibee
26-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Think we end their run at ER in a couple of weeks.

Scottie
26-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Think we end their run at ER in a couple of weeks.
Nothing would make me happier.

I never thought I'd dislike a team more than The Rangers but Sellick are right up there. Everything about them is as fake as my Sergio Tacchini shell suit from the eighties.

snooky
26-11-2017, 09:05 PM

The trouble with always winning everything is that there comes a point where you don't actually win anything - you can only lose.

greenlex
26-11-2017, 09:07 PM
5 cup ties from another treble. That’s the reality.

Mr White
26-11-2017, 09:07 PM
Nothing would make me happier.

I never thought I'd dislike a team more than The Rangers but Sellick are right up there. Everything about them is as fake as my Sergio Tacchini shell suit from the eighties.

:top marks

Phil MaGlass
26-11-2017, 09:09 PM
I have a feeling they are looking forward to playing us, probably the only team in league that can give them a game

Swedish hibee
26-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Everything about them is plastic.

YNWA - stolen
The "huddle" - stolen
Green and white - stolen
Hoops - stolen

Mobile phone light around the ground was copied from Sunderland! Nothing they do is ever their own.

snooky
26-11-2017, 09:15 PM
They are the first in history to spell Celtic without the "I".
Come on guys, credit where credit's due. :tsk tsk:

Ozyhibby
26-11-2017, 09:22 PM
Celtic will dominate Scottish football for the foreseeable future. Unless there is some kind of salary cap introduced to make the league more competitive then Scottish football will remain a laughing stock.
We’ve seen the boost a club gets from the ability to win things but in Scotland that is going to become all the more infrequent as Celtic bring their CL revenue to bare on the domestic game. It’s a one horse race from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
26-11-2017, 09:45 PM
Celtic will dominate Scottish football for the foreseeable future. Unless there is some kind of salary cap introduced to make the league more competitive then Scottish football will remain a laughing stock.
We’ve seen the boost a club gets from the ability to win things but in Scotland that is going to become all the more infrequent as Celtic bring their CL revenue to bare on the domestic game. It’s a one horse race from now on.

Looking around a lot of the European leagues the Scottish situation isn't that unique really. Juventus are aiming for 7 in a row in Italy. PSG had 5 in a row until they were stopped last year but look likely to walk the league this year. Benfica are aiming for 5 in a row and the last 16 titles have went to either them or Porto. Bayern Munich are aiming for 6 in a row and have won 7 of the last 10. Olympiacos have won 7 in a row and 10 of the 11 since the Super League was introduced. Only Leicester have broken the dominance of Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City in the last 13 season in England and one Atletico Madrid title is all that breaks the Real Madrid and Barcelona duopoly in Spain in the same timeframe

weecounty hibby
26-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Looking around a lot of the European leagues the Scottish situation isn't that unique really. Juventus are aiming for 7 in a row in Italy. PSG had 5 in a row until they were stopped last year but look likely to walk the league this year. Benfica are aiming for 5 in a row and the last 16 titles have went to either them or Porto. Bayern Munich are aiming for 6 in a row and have won 7 of the last 10. Olympiacos have won 7 in a row and 10 of the 11 since the Super League was introduced. Only Leicester have broken the dominance of Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City in the last 13 season in England and one Atletico Madrid title is all that breaks the Real Madrid and Barcelona duopoly in Spain in the same timeframe
And that is what's worrying. It is exactly what UEFA want. Only a matter of time before these clubs are asked/demand to set up an invite only league. With one or two additions these are the richest and most powerful clubs on the continent and can pretty much buy the leagues they are in

calumhibee1
26-11-2017, 09:52 PM

My problem isn’t that they’ll win the league every year. I don’t really care about that, I’ve not known any different in my life time. But every other team has always had a chance of winning the cups.. it’s now getting to the point though where nobody will have a chance of winning anything.

Ozyhibby
26-11-2017, 10:36 PM

Yes, it’s a Europe wide problem. The CL money has separated an elite group from the rest in every league in Europe.
How long will fans continue to pay to watch a one horse race though?

silverhibee
26-11-2017, 10:53 PM
So how do the SFA deal with Sparky for tying a celtc scarf to the goal post today, UEFA fined him for it, wonder if the Compliance Officer will have the balls to do anything about.

I'm guessing no.

Hibernia&Alba
27-11-2017, 12:23 AM
It can't mean as much, when a team wins trophies almost every year, but nobody gets tired of winning. Celtic now have Rangers' trophy wins in their sights (115-103) and number of league titles (54-48) so every trophy is another step closer. That will certainly keep them motivated.

NAE NOOKIE
27-11-2017, 01:04 AM
I don't have a problem with the Celtic fans who come from Glasgow, or the Sevco fans from that part of the world either .... how they behave yes, but not their right to support their clubs and revel when they win ... lucky for them that they were born in a part of the country with the two most powerful clubs .... not so much the Sevco fans at the moment right enough :greengrin

But I cant believe there is any real pleasure to be had in watching their multi million pound team win game after game league after league and cup after cup against teams who haven't got a hope of competing with them ... look at us, we got all excited, not to mention surprised, when it looked like Hibs might spend £250,000 on a player this summer, Celtic have players worth 10 times that warming the bench and playing in the development league.

Apart from cup ties against clubs from the lower reaches of the Championship or below that I never turn up to watch Hibs absolutely expecting us to win and that makes it all the better when we do ..... where's the excitement heading to the ground, especially for a cup final, being 95% positive you will win and 99% positive the least you will get is a draw.

The Celtic fans will look at this thread and call it sour grapes and jealousy ... hell, they might even be right, but it doesn't make the theory any less valid that their experience of watching football lacks one of the main things that makes games worth watching and that's the possibility that you aren't going to win. That's great for a couple of seasons, but season after season after season ....... Boring, boring, boring :no way:

Pete
27-11-2017, 01:12 AM
Think we can safely add Man City to the boring list. They are the epitome of boring.

:confused:

silverhibee
27-11-2017, 01:21 AM

Thought that would come as a bit of a shock to you PP.

Citeh have been superb so far this season, but it ain't over yet. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
27-11-2017, 01:21 AM

:na na:

Peter is seething here.

Pete
27-11-2017, 01:39 AM
Just confused guys. City might win a lot but boring they certainly aren’t.

Mind you, Spain were often described as “boringly brilliant” around 2012 so maybe that’s what he means. 🤔

Hibernia&Alba
27-11-2017, 02:00 AM
Just confused guys. City might win a lot but boring they certainly aren’t.

Mind you, Spain were often described as “boringly brilliant” around 2012 so maybe that’s what he means. ��

I certainly wouldn't claim City are boring at the moment; they have been superb to watch thus far. The adjective I would use is unimportant. A couple of billion quid spent, but nobody beyond a few thousand windae lickers in Stockport cares. It's so difficult for a club to gain traction when it's totally overshadowed by a neighbour.

The greatest Man City book ever :greengrin: Poor Colin, he speaks for all of them.....

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/517fSqYtjUL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"Colin Shindler was dealt a cruel hand by Fate when he became a passionate Manchester City supporter. In this brilliant sporting autobiography he recalls the great characters of his youth, like his eccentric Uncle Laurence, as well as his professional heroes. Threaded through these sporting events is the author's own story, which touches on a universal nerve, growing up in a Jewish family, his childhodd destroyed by the sudden death of his mother and his slow emotional recovery through his love for Manchester City. It is a tale that reveals what it is like to be on the outside looking in, with his nose pressed up against the sweet shop window watching the United supporters take all the wine gums".

DH1875
27-11-2017, 09:20 AM
Said the same, not a bit bothered.

When they beat us in the 2013 SC final, we were walking up the road to our buses with some celtic fans walking beside us. They left before (or at very least JUST after) they lifted the cup. Was no big deal to them, just another trophy and up the road for a cup of tea.

whats the point?! that must be so dull

We out sung them for the last 20 mins as well. Always remember getting back into central station after the game to find loads of them already there and thinking to myself, WTF how does that happen. No way could they have stayed to see their team lift the cup, they'd have still been at Hampden.

5 cup ties from another treble. That’s the reality.

Not if they draw us :greengrin