PDA

View Full Version : Thomson the cheat

InchHibby
26-11-2017, 03:20 PM
He’s at it again, ruined a decent game, never a penalty, Rogers should have been yellow carded.
Not saying Motherwell would have won but with decisions like that, no chance.

B.H.F.C
26-11-2017, 03:22 PM
He's no a cheat. He's just s***e.

BroxburnHibee
26-11-2017, 03:22 PM
He’s at it again, ruined a decent game, never a penalty, Rogers should have been yellow carded.

He's not a cheat.

Just quite simply the worst referee on the planet.

DarlingtonHibee
26-11-2017, 03:23 PM
The guy is a prick

Northernhibee
He's not a cheat.

The worrying thing is that our league has worse (step forward Andrew Dallas)

18Hibee75
Ridiculous decision

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

ACLeith
26-11-2017, 03:24 PM
The worrying thing is that our league has worse (step forward Andrew Dallas)

And Beaton

cleanyman
26-11-2017, 03:24 PM
Sinclair is the cheat here

HibbyDave
26-11-2017, 03:25 PM
He is one of the reasons i rarely go to matches nowadays. An incompetent ref that nothing will be done about or a cheat ..... that nothing will becfone about. Make up your own mind which it is.
I know which one i think is correct.

3pm
Brendan Rodgers won’t say much this time.

Mind when he got an apology after the semi final.

essexhibee
That was actually such a disgusting decision. Feel sickened and am not even a well fan!

How can you even win when your cheated that blatantly.

We need to beat these ****ers at ER and burst their bubble. Sick of them now.

Sir David Gray
26-11-2017, 03:26 PM
I've no idea how he continues to get to officiate in such big games but the main culprit is Scott Sinclair.

Cheating *******.

hibby6270
26-11-2017, 03:28 PM
Unbelievable decision.:confused:

Looper
26-11-2017, 03:29 PM
How much do refs get paid per game?

Greentinted
26-11-2017, 03:29 PM
How in earth does that incompetent (borderline corrupt) imbecile keep getting the big gigs...Sutton calling it bang-on by saying he’s been poor all game. Again!

Pretty Boy
26-11-2017, 03:30 PM
Thomson is incompetent, Sinclair is the cheat here.

Thomson has to be better and not make the error, the player made the decision to thrown himself to the ground.

Joe6-2
He's no a cheat. He's just s***e.

Cheat

The Spaceman
Getting absolutely hounded by Sutton etc. Hopefully they keep it up going forward and drive this knob out the game. Utterly incompetent.

Pretty Boy
26-11-2017, 03:31 PM
How much do refs get paid per game?

For Premiership games last season it was £850.

Billy Whizz
26-11-2017, 03:31 PM
The real cheat is Sinclair, conned the Ref

DavidDavidGray
26-11-2017, 03:35 PM
Sinclair is the cheat

weecounty hibby
26-11-2017, 03:37 PM
The player is the cheat in this instance. The referee is just incompetent and possibly the worst referee we have had in a long long time. Retrospective ban for Sinclair is a must

JK Rolling
26-11-2017, 03:38 PM

This.

As always however, it will go unpunished.

SteveHFC
26-11-2017, 03:40 PM
Until the football authorities start dishing out meaningful retrospective bans for players and heavy fines for clubs we will still be discussing diving/cheating in a hundred years
Hammer players with 10+ match bans and hit clubs with 100k+ fines that would make them think twice

InchHibby
26-11-2017, 03:43 PM

Sorry I meant Sinclair, I was that disgusted.

Baader
26-11-2017, 03:45 PM
Should be banned from Easter Road.

GreenCastle
26-11-2017, 03:46 PM
He’s useless and has been for many years - just google his name.

A direct cheat - probably not - but cheating many teams of fair outcomes yes.

Thegreenside
26-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Celtic players are at it every single game. Look at Forrest against us a PH

JK Rolling
26-11-2017, 03:53 PM
I know this link refers to Walker and he is a cheat but the irony of Brown's comments knows no bounds.

Celtic - always offended, never ashamed.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11787/10527617/celtics-scott-brown-slams-jamie-walker-a-cheat-after-hearts-penalty

SteveHFC
26-11-2017, 03:54 PM
well said NL "ITS A DISGRACE"

brog
26-11-2017, 04:01 PM
As others have said, Sinclair's the cheat, Thomson's incompetent. The chances of Motherwell getting that decision in similar circumstances are non existent. We complain about the poor quality of Scottish football but our players are like Messi compared to our officials. Alan Muir's not even been mentioned yet either!

JimBHibees
26-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Sorry Thomson is a cheat always has been. He cheated us out of a final he cheated Motherwell out of a final. Never happens against bigger teams.

Before the game he thought it appropriate to only shake hands with one of the managers.

JimBHibees
26-11-2017, 05:15 PM
As others have said, Sinclair's the cheat, Thomson's incompetent. The chances of Motherwell getting that decision in similar circumstances are non existent. We complain about the poor quality of Scottish football but our players are like Messi compared to our officials. Alan Muir's not even been mentioned yet either!

That is cheating right there not incompetent.

Caversham Green
26-11-2017, 05:36 PM
Until the football authorities start dishing out meaningful retrospective bans for players and heavy fines for clubs we will still be discussing diving/cheating in a hundred years
Hammer players with 10+ match bans and hit clubs with 100k+ fines that would make them think twice

Penalise the club rather than the player. Any advantage gained from diving should forfeit the match regardless of the result. In league games it should also lead to an extra point being deducted so there's nothing to be gained for a team that loses anyway.

Would Sinclair have gone down if there was a risk that it would cost his club the cup? As it is he has tainted their cup win, but that will soon be forgotten.

Bostonhibby
26-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Piss poor referee who acts before he thinks and wants the limelight unfortunately. The self satisfied look on his coupon when he dished out the card and the penalty said it all for me.

Nae fan of motherwell who have been dishing it out for a while now but sinclair needs to be dealt with by the compliance officer. I won't hold my breath but if he is then the fans are the losers.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
26-11-2017, 05:59 PM
Penalise the club rather than the player. Any advantage gained from diving should forfeit the match regardless of the result. In league games it should also lead to an extra point being deducted so there's nothing to be gained for a team that loses anyway.

Would Sinclair have gone down if there was a risk that it would cost his club the cup? As it is he has tainted their cup win, but that will soon be forgotten.This is what I've thought for years. Money fines and suspension doesn't cut it much with the rich clubs down here. Knock the points off and you'll see a sea change.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Michael
26-11-2017, 06:01 PM
Just bring in video replays for penalty decisions. Diving would never work in that case.

WoreTheGreen
26-11-2017, 06:06 PM
Sinclair cheats thompson cheats looking for sfa to zero again

brog
26-11-2017, 06:11 PM
That is cheating right there not incompetent.

It's just human nature. When tens of thousands are screaming for a penalty then it's bound to influence a ref's behaviour. That's not confined to Scotland, remember the study on the # of penalties awarded to Man U a few seasons back. The part which could be construed as cheating is a ref knows he's never going to be called to account for giving a dodgy decision to either of the uglies. Again that must always be in the back of a ref's mind but that's really a consequence of the corruption endemic in Scottish football for decades.

Thegreenside
26-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Thought double jeopardy penalties where no longer a thing

Lago
26-11-2017, 06:14 PM
He's not a cheat.

Only one of the worst according to what Lennon had to say about yesterday's performance.

JimBHibees
26-11-2017, 06:20 PM
It's just human nature. When tens of thousands are screaming for a penalty then it's bound to influence a ref's behaviour. That's not confined to Scotland, remember the study on the # of penalties awarded to Man U a few seasons back. The part which could be construed as cheating is a ref knows he's never going to be called to account for giving a dodgy decision to either of the uglies. Again that must always be in the back of a ref's mind but that's really a consequence of the corruption endemic in Scottish football for decades.

If you are not prepared to give a decision as you see it rather than the clubs involved it is cheating.

BegbieHSC
26-11-2017, 06:30 PM
Absolutely disgraceful from Sinclair and Thompson. Celtic ‘The Invicibles” cheating to maintain their record again!

Baader
26-11-2017, 06:34 PM
Cheating from Sinclair. But Thomson doesn't get off the hook so easily with me either. He's a cheat. Three big decisions in that final against the Gorgie mob all went their way. You can bet if one of our players had started with a forearm smash on their best player we'd have been down to 10 with over 80 minutes to play.

staunchhibby
26-11-2017, 06:43 PM
Thomson was a total disgrace today.Ruined a cup final with his total incompetence.Wonder if Brown will have anything to say about the penalty after slamming hearts previously for a dive worthy of an Olympic medal.Interesting to see if the compliance officer deems any action neccessary or is he a mythical figure haunting the corridors of Hampden.

calumhibee1
26-11-2017, 06:49 PM
I know this link refers to Walker and he is a cheat but the irony of Brown's comments knows no bounds.

Celtic - always offended, never ashamed.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11787/10527617/celtics-scott-brown-slams-jamie-walker-a-cheat-after-hearts-penalty

Jamie Walkers comments are nearly word for word the same as Sinclairs after the game today. I felt contact so I went down.. what a ****ing ridiculous statement.

hibsbollah
26-11-2017, 06:50 PM
I don't get the 'Thomson not the cheat' chat. Of course he's a cheat, he cheated Motherwell out of a chance of winning. And even if he had a bit of mud in his eye and actually believed the defender tugged Sinclair, only a cheat determined to pick up his winnings (allegedly) gives a red in that situation.

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2017, 07:10 PM
I don't get the 'Thomson not the cheat' chat. Of course he's a cheat, he cheated Motherwell out of a chance of winning. And even if he had a bit of mud in his eye and actually believed the defender tugged Sinclair, only a cheat determined to pick up his winnings (allegedly) gives a red in that situation.

Abso****inlutely, he knows what he's doing and continues to do it AND get away with it. :bitchy:

hibsboy69
26-11-2017, 07:26 PM

100% :aok:

Not defending Thomson, however the ridiculous dive from The Poodle deserved a booking. Hope he gets retrospectively punished..........he wont though ! :rolleyes:

snooky
26-11-2017, 07:52 PM
Jamie Walkers comments are nearly word for word the same as Sinclairs after the game today. I felt contact so I went down.. what a ****ing ridiculous statement.

Translation: "I felt contact so I cheated"

Sioux
26-11-2017, 07:55 PM
Refs in these situations are damned if they do and damned if they don't. So long as players think they can get away with it, con the ref, they will do it. The Everton player who was suspended for two games was hardly any worse than Sinclair. Don't hold your breath waiting for the SPFL to pick up on it. In any event it won't matter. Celtic have the trophy and there is only a very slight chance that Sinclair gets a ban. Very very slight. So, in the mind of the player, its job done. Even if the disciplinary panel did pick up on it, dos Rogers care? Nope. If the shoe was on the other foot would Rogers care? Oh yes. Double standards.

The problem lies with the players and clubs. Will they accept that action should be taken to sort it out? I suppose the Scottish Authorities will rightly say; "What about Spain, Italy, France and Germany. They won't change so why should we"

It then becomes UEFA/FIFA's problem.

The game is corrupted by the number of times matches are decided by someone who has cheated. It's beyond a joke. Remember Henry in the WC against Ireland?

southern hibby
26-11-2017, 08:57 PM
Just have to look at the Celtic v Hibs game, Forest booked for diving and 5 minutes later does a worst dive and ref waves it away.

It's decisions like this that actually cost clubs points, cups etc.

Celtic big fish in the Scottish gold fish bowl, in Europe bait.

GGTTH

monktonharp
27-11-2017, 12:14 AM
Piss poor referee who acts before he thinks and wants the limelight unfortunately. The self satisfied look on his coupon when he dished out the card and the penalty said it all for me.

Nae fan of motherwell who have been dishing it out for a while now but sinclair needs to be dealt with by the compliance officer. I won't hold my breath but if he is then the fans are the losers.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalkhe had more than a self satisfied look, for me. grinning like a ****in gorgie cat. cheating bassa

Future17
27-11-2017, 05:45 AM
Thought double jeopardy penalties where no longer a thing

If the ref considers the "foul" did not occur from a genuine attempt to play the ball and prevented a goalscoring opportunity, it's a red.

JimBHibees
27-11-2017, 06:15 AM
If the ref considers the "foul" did not occur from a genuine attempt to play the ball and prevented a goalscoring opportunity, it's a red.

Did it prevent a clear goalscoring opportunity he was going wide of the goal when he dived.

CmoantheHibs
27-11-2017, 06:41 AM
Just listened to Sinclair's interview. He said he felt a little tug on his arm so he went down. Am I missing something here? He is saying HE decided to go down because he felt a tug not because the tug made him go down. Going down was his decision. Is that not exactly what a dive is? Sinclair should be made an example of or has it gone so far that you can basically come out and admit you dived and still get away with it?

guidref
27-11-2017, 06:48 AM
I used to be proud to tell people that I was a referee but in the last year or so I no longer do so asI am embarrased by the standarrd of refereeing at the top level here in Scotland.

In almost every game the talking points are the mistakes by the referees.

I used to be totally against video refs as I thought it led to lazy refereeing. You can see that in top class rugby where all it needs is the reef to be in the right position and have some strength of character to give a decision. Instead, just about every major decision is refered to the TMO.

Now I think that as there are so many obvious and blatent errors in almost every game they should introduce TMO's to the top level in Scotland immediately. It would have to be neutral referees for other countries though as I wouldn't trust our refs to get it right even with multiple camara angles.

As a parting note, I dont believe any referee cheats, our current batch are just not very good!

Colr
27-11-2017, 07:31 AM
He's not a cheat.

Not much better in the EPL. Was at the Tottenham game on Saturday and the WBA goalie was time-wasting from the kick off. It kept getting highlighted to him but it took until the 82minute for him to book the guy for it bu which time he had already succeeded and it would have no impact.

neil7908
27-11-2017, 07:37 AM
We need video technology in ASAP. I appreciate moves are taking place to trial this in other leagues but it needs to be ramped up and pushed on with as a priority.

Bad decisions aren't only a part of our game - look at Messi's disallowed goal last night.

There will always be decisions where 2 people could watch it 10 times and come to a different conclusion but video technology should ensure the key incidents in a game are called correctly.

Until that happens there will be no end to the constant chat about referees.

brog
27-11-2017, 08:21 AM
If you are not prepared to give a decision as you see it rather than the clubs involved it is cheating.
Pretty sure that's what I said!

JimBHibees
27-11-2017, 08:28 AM
Pretty sure that's what I said!

You did and I was agreeing with you. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-11-2017, 12:08 PM
It will go on until there is a proper deterrent.