PDA

View Full Version : Stokes / Lennon Bust Up

Pages : [1] 2

Roberts1875
25-11-2017, 06:48 PM
Firstly, this is unconfirmed, however I'm hearing the two have had a massive bust up behind the scenes. According to what I've heard (and I for one hope it's not true), Stokes won't pull on a Hibs jersey again whilst Lennon is in charge. No doubt see what comes out (if anything!) in the next few days.

Albanian Hibs
25-11-2017, 06:49 PM
Aye ok then.....🙄

linlithgowhibbie
Firstly, this is unconfirmed, however I'm hearing the two have had a massive bust up behind the scenes. According to what I've heard (and I for one hope it's not true), Stokes won't pull on a Hibs jersey again whilst Lennon is in charge. No doubt see what comes out (if anything!) in the next few days.

Aye right:nlgwa

Bishop Hibee
firstly, this is unconfirmed, however i'm hearing the two have had a massive bust up behind the scenes. According to what i've heard (and i for one hope it's not true), stokes won't pull on a hibs jersey again whilst lennon is in charge. No doubt see what comes out (if anything!) in the next few days.

ltyf

Michael
25-11-2017, 06:51 PM
And I heard Lafferty took a dump on Levein's desk.

bingo70
25-11-2017, 06:52 PM
If the pm board is to be believed the op may be due an apology or two in a while.

theonlywayisup
25-11-2017, 06:53 PM

:lolyam:

greenlex
25-11-2017, 06:54 PM
It wouldn’t be a surprise .

Albanian Hibs
25-11-2017, 06:54 PM
If the pm board is to be believed the op may be due an apology or two in a while.

So what was the bust up about then?

indiejak1413
25-11-2017, 06:55 PM
Firstly, this is unconfirmed, however I'm hearing the two have had a massive bust up behind the scenes. According to what I've heard (and I for one hope it's not true), Stokes won't pull on a Hibs jersey again whilst Lennon is in charge. No doubt see what comes out (if anything!) in the next few days.I heard that last night.. bust up at training . Lennon not standing for "Billy big time" attitude. Quite right!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

greenlex
25-11-2017, 06:55 PM

Lennon always out on the lash and stokes not happy about it.

Scottie
25-11-2017, 06:57 PM
Not surprised in the slightest if this is true.

bingo70

No idea.

Libby Hibby
Yeah, I heard Lennons media commitments on international week really got under stokes’s skin

Del Boy
At game today there was talk he’d been dropped for breach of discipline but think suggestions that he’s played his last game for hibs may be a bit of a stretch.

Two fiery characters but close pals so sure it can be resolved if there has indeed been a fallout.

Baader
25-11-2017, 06:59 PM

Ono

SRHibs
25-11-2017, 06:59 PM
It really wouldn’t surprise me. IF (big if) it’s true then he can bolt to be honest.

we are hibs
25-11-2017, 07:00 PM
Heard Lennon read on here that stokes is lazy so decided to drop him.

hibsbollah
25-11-2017, 07:00 PM
Ono

Yoko?

WoreTheGreen
25-11-2017, 07:01 PM
Suspicions minds🕺

SRHibs
25-11-2017, 07:07 PM
GTF Yam nobody.

The same rumour has been posted by someone ‘ITK’ on the PM board so you may want to settle down.

Roberts1875
25-11-2017, 07:09 PM
GTF Yam nobody.

REALLY! I've been Hibs fan all my life, and season ticket holder for the last 10 years. Personally I don't appreciate your comment, but parking that for a minute, this is a Hibs discussion forum no? That's all I'm doing, putting what I've heard out there, if that makes me a YAM, I struggle to understand your rationale!

Callum_62
25-11-2017, 07:10 PM
Thought he had a virus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
Lennon said pre game he'd been struggling with a virus as had a few others. Non story.

Colr
And I heard Lafferty took a dump on Levein's desk.

It was in his shoes.

shetlandhibee
25-11-2017, 07:13 PM
http://www.hibs.net/images/icons/icon13.png yawn shut it down

guthrie01
25-11-2017, 07:16 PM
Stokes is a terrific player, when he is fit and ready he can outplay any striker in this league. Shame he is trapped behind some issues which prevent him from being able to focus on his football. Hope this is not true and he really is just sick from a virus. We need him for the Derbys and the OF home games.

Libby Hibby
25-11-2017, 07:18 PM
REALLY! I've been Hibs fan all my life, and season ticket holder for the last 10 years. Personally I don't appreciate your comment, but parking that for a minute, this is a Hibs discussion forum no? That's all I'm doing, putting what I've heard out there, if that makes me a YAM, I struggle to understand your rationale!

Now, I’m not saying you are a Hearts fan but whenever someone is accused on here, it’s amazing how the ST duration is always seen as cast iron proof of an individuals Hibs status.

Lago
25-11-2017, 07:21 PM
Oh well guess the Sunday Mail will be running this story tomorrow.

bingo70
25-11-2017, 07:21 PM

You post was an entirely reasonable question to ask if you’d heard something.

It’s the internet though so people will be sceptical.

scoopyboy
25-11-2017, 07:23 PM
GTF Yam nobody.

Harsh.

jacomo
25-11-2017, 07:30 PM
Thought he had a virus

Lazyitis?

:wink:

Thecat23
25-11-2017, 07:35 PM

Nothing wrong with posting what you hear. For the record you’re story is bang on it seems.

CRAZYHIBBY
25-11-2017, 07:38 PM
If its true then we will replace him.....i don't expect him to be here at the end of his current 2 year contract anyway

Hedlund12
25-11-2017, 07:39 PM
Not surprised to hear either. Apparently AS was out on the lash a fee weeks and (again apparently!) ended up in bother and had a black eye. Subsequently, he was out out the squad.. official line was "Virus!" I'm sure I read a tweet saying something along the lines "if true Hibs won't tolerate it??"

BoomtownHibees
25-11-2017, 07:44 PM
Sent home from EM yesterday

Firestarter
Fell out during the week in training Stokes was told not to come back until
Monday morning and isn't happy about it. Sure a kiss and make up will happen.

Firestarter
Sent home from EM yesterday

Thursday.

scoopyboy
25-11-2017, 07:45 PM
If its true then we will replace him.....i don't expect him to be here at the end of his current 2 year contract anyway

Three years I think and not so sure we could get rid of if push came to shove.

I'm hoping it can be resolved.

we are hibs
25-11-2017, 07:49 PM
Some absolute drivel being posted by fantasists on here. Zero proof he's fell out with Lennon. Seems like he's being targeted by certain Hibs fans who don't like him every week.

bingo70
25-11-2017, 07:51 PM
Some absolute drivel being posted by fantasists on here. Zero proof he's fell out with Lennon. Seems like he's being targeted by certain Hibs fans who don't like him every week.

Sort of proof you looking for?

Thecat23
25-11-2017, 07:53 PM

I’m a huge fan of Stokes. This is true and I’m sure it’ll come out if it’s not sorted.

Firestarter
25-11-2017, 07:55 PM

Pish.

kaimendhibs
25-11-2017, 07:56 PM
Some absolute drivel being posted by fantasists on here. Zero proof he's fell out with Lennon. Seems like he's being targeted by certain Hibs fans who don't like him every week.Im gutted. At least 2 of the posters saying this are nearly always right.

Sir David Gray
25-11-2017, 07:59 PM
Three years I think and not so sure we could get rid of if push came to shove.

I'm hoping it can be resolved.

It was definitely a two year deal he signed.

McD
25-11-2017, 08:02 PM

Zero proof that YOU’VE seen, that doesn’t mean none exist or that the people posting it are wrong

greenlex
25-11-2017, 08:05 PM
It was definitely a two year deal he signed.

Yup Whitty was three IIRC

stoneyburn hibs
25-11-2017, 08:06 PM
Im gutted. At least 2 of the posters saying this are nearly always right.

Mostly wrong, sometimes right.

Ozyhibby
25-11-2017, 08:08 PM
His form has still been good so if we have to get rid then there are plenty clubs who will take him.
We already needed 1 good striker in Jan anyway so if it turns out that he is leaving then we need another. Quite a task for the recruitment team.

Babyshamble
25-11-2017, 08:09 PM
Post that nonsense on kickback.idiot.

FitbaFolkKen
25-11-2017, 08:10 PM

Bit harsh replacing the OP if he is right! As for Stokes I hope it isn't true, I would hate for him to finish up with us in a negative fashion.

we are hibs
25-11-2017, 08:12 PM
Pish.

Yeah I'm the one talking pish, fantasist. Prove what you know and I'll apologise. Right now your talking ***** with nothing to back it up.

FitbaFolkKen
25-11-2017, 08:13 PM

Aye there is an agenda against the guy that scored two goals and turned in the performance of his life when we won the Holy Grail, I hate that Stokes guy, F****** booooo.

we are hibs
25-11-2017, 08:15 PM
Aye there is an agenda against the guy that scored two goals and turned in the performance of his life when we won the Holy Grail, I hate that Stokes guy, F****** booooo.

Because there are absolutely zero posts every week moaning about his "laziness" right enough. Give me a player with quality over someone who only stands out due to effort.

Thecat23
25-11-2017, 08:16 PM
Yeah I'm the one talking pish, fantasist. Prove what you know and I'll apologise. Right now your talking ***** with nothing to back it up.

Just because someone can’t give proof on something right away doesn’t mean it’s pish. If I seen a fight in the street and told my mate and he didn’t believe it doesn’t mean I never seen it. I’ve been told by a few folk now who would know I trust them along with couple other posters on here who would also know!

scoopyboy
25-11-2017, 08:21 PM
Just because someone can’t give proof on something right away doesn’t mean it’s pish. If I seen a fight in the street and told my mate and he didn’t believe it doesn’t mean I never seen it. I’ve been told by a few folk now who would know I trust them along with couple other posters on here who would also know!

Wasting your time mate, the guy obviously knows better.

Offside Trap
25-11-2017, 08:21 PM
Not surprised to hear either. Apparently AS was out on the lash a fee weeks and (again apparently!) ended up in bother and had a black eye. Subsequently, he was out out the squad.. official line was "Virus!" I'm sure I read a tweet saying something along the lines "if true Hibs won't tolerate it??"

Stokes didn’t get the black eye from being out on the lash or being in bother from drink. It was genuinely accidental. However, the guy continues to accumulate off field problems. It was always going to be a risk - and sadly the gamble is looking less and less likely to pay off.

Swedish hibee
25-11-2017, 08:22 PM
Hope this isn't true. We don't need a divide at our club.

Thecat23
25-11-2017, 08:23 PM

Seems that way sadly.

Hibs90
25-11-2017, 08:26 PM
I heard there was no bust up from a reliable source. Does this mean I'm automatically right also?

scoopyboy
25-11-2017, 08:29 PM
I heard there was no bust up from a reliable source. Does this mean I'm automatically right also?

yes.

J-C
25-11-2017, 08:30 PM
Stokes didn’t get the black eye from being out on the lash or being in bother from drink. It was genuinely accidental. However, the guy continues to accumulate off field problems. It was always going to be a risk - and sadly the gamble is looking less and less likely to pay off.

He did get the black eye when on the lash but it wasn't his fault by all accounts, problem is he's still going out on the lash all too often putting himself in these situations.

Borderhibbie76
25-11-2017, 08:33 PM
He did get the black eye when on the lash but it wasn't his fault by all accounts, problem is he's still going out on the lash all too often putting himself in these situations.He is entitled to some sort of life off the pitch mate...regardless of if this is true or not..some hibs fans are very over critical of Stokes imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Johnny Clash
25-11-2017, 08:33 PM

I think suspicions are always raised when someone posts a rumour that’s potentially damaging to Hibs. I mean, why post stuff like this even if it turns out to be true?

FitbaFolkKen
25-11-2017, 08:37 PM
Because there are absolutely zero posts every week moaning about his "laziness" right enough. Give me a player with quality over someone who only stands out due to effort.

Giving him a hard time as he sometimes looks a bit lazy is slightly different to stating he has been fighting with the manager. I think he looks lazy at times but he is a great footballer. I also think we look a better team without him sometimes, probably makes me a fantasist too.

ekhibee
Maybe there should have been a poll to find out who thinks a/ that there's been a fallout, or b/ it's a load of pish. To be fair, the OP wasn't making a statement as such, he was just passing on what he heard, and I don't think he was trying to s###stir either. Personally I think it is indeed pish, but unlike some others on here, I don't claim to be 'in the know.'

AgentDaleCooper
He is entitled to some sort of life off the pitch mate...regardless of if this is true or not..some hibs fans are very over critical of Stokes imo

i think one can have some sort of life off the pitch without being out on the lash much.

Borderhibbie76
25-11-2017, 08:39 PM
i think one can have some sort of life off the pitch without being out on the lash much.And who says he's out on the lash constantly?? Apart from unsubstantiated rumour on here??

Offside Trap
25-11-2017, 08:40 PM
He did get the black eye when on the lash but it wasn't his fault by all accounts, problem is he's still going out on the lash all too often putting himself in these situations.

He really really didn’t.

cleanyman
25-11-2017, 08:41 PM
Slavers.

Thecat23
25-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Slavers.

Rich coming from you 😁

Jones28
25-11-2017, 08:43 PM
yes.

Source?

J-C
25-11-2017, 08:43 PM
He is entitled to some sort of life off the pitch mate...regardless of if this is true or not..some hibs fans are very over critical of Stokes imo

No one says they shouldn't go out and chill in their time off, maybe time to screw the nut and not go out getting lashed at every opportunity considering he's meant to be a professional sportsman, he has history of this.

cleanyman
25-11-2017, 08:44 PM
Rich coming from you 😁

You've got another 40 years of this

JohnMcM
25-11-2017, 08:45 PM

I take that back.

Your post was the wrong for me to read after another disappointment today. I was too quick off the mark.

Big enough here to say sorry.

Thecat23
25-11-2017, 08:45 PM
You've got another 40 years of this

At least you’ve gave us a warning!!

J-C
25-11-2017, 08:46 PM
I take that back.

Your post was the wrong for me to read after another disappointment today. I was too quick off the mark.

:aok:

Borderhibbie76
25-11-2017, 08:46 PM
No one says they shouldn't go out and chill in their time off, maybe time to screw the nut and not go out getting lashed at every opportunity considering he's meant to be a professional sportsman, he has history of this.Again I will.ask where is the evidence he's being going out on the lash?? Just coz some keep repeating it on here doesn't make it fact??

Do you have evidence or knowledge of this or are you just jumping on the .net bandwagon??

WhileTheChief..
25-11-2017, 08:47 PM
Manager and player having a bust up. Hardly a first and I’d expect him back in the squad next week.

Lancs Harp
25-11-2017, 08:51 PM
Again I will.ask where is the evidence he's being going out on the lash?? Just coz some keep repeating it on here doesn't make it fact??

Do you have evidence or knowledge of this or are you just jumping on the .net bandwagon??

He's currently laid out on my lounge floor surrounded by buckfast bottles. :wink:

Borderhibbie76
25-11-2017, 08:52 PM
He's currently laid out on my lounge floor surrounded by buckfast bottles. :wink:There u go then...he really is a Jakey 🤣🤣🤣

truehibernian
25-11-2017, 08:56 PM
Hopefully whatever the situation it resolves itself - big season for Stokes given his age and there won't be too many more big contracts in his career. Great player but I know he gives some staff at the club headaches at times with his immaturity. Needs to be careful and not bite the hand that feeds him.

I always see a wee positive from player / manager fall outs and that is it gives hungry players like Shaw and opportunity if he gets it and takes it :aok: Good thing about these kinds of incidents (at present) are the strong characters we have in the squad and the unity present. With players like McGregor, SDG, Fontaine, Bartley, Whittaker, etc. there is no danger this will manifest. That's why this isn't concerning me at all (to be honest).

J-C
25-11-2017, 08:57 PM
Again I will.ask where is the evidence he's being going out on the lash?? Just coz some keep repeating it on here doesn't make it fact??

I really wasn't expecting anyone to ask for pictures and written statements, lets just say he's seen on a very regular basis in the George St drinking establishments, remember I'm not the only person making this claim, a good few well known ITK posters say the same.

scoopyboy
25-11-2017, 08:58 PM
Source?

King Dom/ :greengrin

Roberts1875
25-11-2017, 09:12 PM
I take that back.

that's OK pal, I get it, apology more than accepted

:aok:

JohnM1875
25-11-2017, 09:15 PM
If this is true what a total bellend Stokesy has been. To treat someone in Lennon, who has done so much for his career, like this is a dick move.

There's no denying the boys talent, I just wish he could get the head down and prove all his doubters wrong as opposed to giving them ammunition.

I really, really hope this isn't true though.

lord bunberry
25-11-2017, 09:26 PM
Manager and player having a bust up. Hardly a first and I’d expect him back in the squad next week.
Me too. I don’t doubt the story is true, but I doubt it will be a long term problem.

Tornadoes70
25-11-2017, 09:28 PM
If this is true what a total bellend Stokesy has been. To treat someone in Lennon, who has done so much for his career, like this is a dick move.

There's no denying the boys talent, I just wish he could get the head down and prove all his doubters wrong as opposed to giving them ammunition.

I'm normally not one that holds much stock in rumours however it seems there are some long time posters on here giving it credence and if they turn out to be accurate then I'd be very disappointed in Stokesy and not the only one I'd imagine. He's signed a contract to be a 'professional' football player and as such should in no way be participating in alleged unauthorised drunken nights out or any other indulgence that would effect his professionalism or performance on the park. I'm hoping like many others that this is indeed simply a false rumour that's grown wings. Its certain to be confirmed or not in the coming days and weeks ahead.

Pete
25-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Time to chill. On the pitch, we’re fine without the legend that is Mr Stokes but let’s see what transpires over the next few weeks or months.

No need for the OTT stuff like labelling him a waster, a jakey or a bellend, especially when nobody knows the facts. They’re all big boys and if there’s a problem it will be sorted one way or the other.

Thecat23
25-11-2017, 09:38 PM
This is where Lennons man management will be tested. Does he try and offer advice and go the under his wing route or does he say enough is enough if you want back in the team sort yourself out say sorry to me and the team.

I like Stokesy I rate him as well and defended him many times on here. But this time he needs to get a grip of himself and be the player he can be. If he’s got issues off the field I hope he can get advice or help that can get him back on track.

eastmainsmsh
25-11-2017, 10:09 PM
wasnt there theories in AS First spell of gambling ?

Thegreenside
25-11-2017, 10:12 PM

Sure it was more than theories

Eyrie
25-11-2017, 10:12 PM

And allegedly borrowing money to do so.

The current Stokes is no longer a daft young laddie but an experienced professional who knows what he should and shouldn't be doing.

Firestarter
25-11-2017, 10:15 PM

Prove otherwise hotshot. You know **** all.

stoneyburn hibs
25-11-2017, 10:37 PM
This is where Lennons man management will be tested. Does he try and offer advice and go the under his wing route or does he say enough is enough if you want back in the team sort yourself out say sorry to me and the team.

I like Stokesy I rate him as well and defended him many times on here. But this time he needs to get a grip of himself and be the player he can be. If he’s got issues off the field I hope he can get advice or help that can get him back on track.

Why would he need help?

Stuart93
25-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Would not surprise me at all after stokes' attitude last week

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2017, 10:49 PM
Would not surprise me at all after stokes' attitude last weekWhat attitude? He done no worse than anyone else and scored a pressure penalty.

This story may or may not be true but one thing is for sure, blatantly making things up isn't going to help anyone.

Scouse Hibee
25-11-2017, 10:54 PM

It's unconfirmed because you made it up, next thing is you'll be telling us you're a ST holder at ER🤣

The_Horde
25-11-2017, 10:55 PM
What attitude? He done no worse than anyone else and scored a pressure penalty.

This story may or may not be true but one thing is for sure, blatantly making things up isn't going to help anyone.

Penalty apart he was minging and strolled around with his sleeves over his hands like a bairn having a kick about with his pals.

Thecat23
25-11-2017, 10:59 PM
Why would he need help?

He may not need advice or help, I’m saying if he did as in how to act as a pro outside of the game. Stokes likes a night out and there is nothing wrong with that. It does become an issue when he’s been late or missed training through his social life.

Dashing Bob S
25-11-2017, 11:04 PM
And who says he's out on the lash constantly?? Apart from unsubstantiated rumour on here??

If he’s out on the lash constantly then the person who sees him like this, is by definition, likely to be out on the lash constantly themselves, and therefore an unreliable source of information.

hibsbollah
25-11-2017, 11:07 PM
If he’s out on the lash constantly then the person who sees him like this, is by definition, likely to be out on the lash constantly themselves, and therefore an unreliable source of information.

Personally, I tend to mistrust people who aren't on the lash at least once during a normal working week. Drinking and honesty tend to fit hand in glove.

stoneyburn hibs
25-11-2017, 11:16 PM
He may not need advice or help, I’m saying if he did as in how to act as a pro outside of the game. Stokes likes a night out and there is nothing wrong with that. It does become an issue when he’s been late or missed training through his social life.

Thanks, that's it answered.

lord bunberry
25-11-2017, 11:20 PM
Personally, I tend to mistrust people who aren't on the lash at least once during a normal working week. Drinking and honesty tend to fit hand in glove.
That’s true. I once stayed off the drink in the mid 90s and I turned into a complete fantasist. Never again.

CMac1988
25-11-2017, 11:22 PM
I usually take what I hear on here with a fair grain of salt but this is doing the rounds from a fair number of sources including a couple on here who rarely make unsubstantiated claims. Think a little perspective is needed and we all need to take a few and stop having a go at one another. Some of the comments directed at the op are a little over the top and whilst we still have no proof it's a little sad to see people going the whole hog.

Firestarter
25-11-2017, 11:30 PM
Anthony Stokes is an Hibernian legend.

Without him we wouldn't have won our Scottish Cup.

He's fallen out with the manager, **** happens.

Stokesys on fire.

MWHIBBIES
25-11-2017, 11:32 PM
Penalty apart he was minging and strolled around with his sleeves over his hands like a bairn having a kick about with his pals.So essentially he was no worse than anyone else and scored?

Everyone was hopeless last weekend, singling out Stokes is just daft.

HoboHarry
25-11-2017, 11:33 PM
That’s true. I once stayed off the drink in the mid 90s and I turned into a complete fantasist. Never again.
Funnily enough I quit drinking in the mid nineties as well. Worst 4 hours of my life.....

pacoluna
25-11-2017, 11:34 PM

The old pm board.. sworn to secrecy i take it like a little clique. Pathetic

pacoluna
25-11-2017, 11:36 PM
The same rumour has been posted by someone ‘ITK’ on the PM board so you may want to settle down.

And? They speak as much bollocks as everyone else if not more

Mr White
25-11-2017, 11:41 PM

How would you know that then? Too tight to part with a ten spot so how can you make that judgement?

Tornadoes70
25-11-2017, 11:43 PM

:top marks

Anyone who posts after midnight at the weekends should be given a free pass for what they've uttered as it will most probably be lovely drink fuelled gobbledigarbidtgbagook.

Apart fae Snookie, he gets a free pass all of the time :greengrin.

25-11-2017, 11:46 PM
A lot of conjecture in this thread and not much fact

Thecat23
25-11-2017, 11:47 PM
How would you know that then? Too tight to part with a ten spot so how can you make that judgement?

Hee hee 😁👍🏼

superfurryhibby
25-11-2017, 11:47 PM

Pay your £10 and find out?

Thecat23
25-11-2017, 11:48 PM
:top marks

Anyone who posts after midnight at the weekends should be given a free pass for what they've uttered as it will most probably be lovely drink fuelled gobbledigarbidtgbagook.

Apart fae Snookie, he gets a free pass all of the time :greengrin.

I wish I had a drink, sober one for me all w’end!! Next week may be different though 😁

pacoluna
25-11-2017, 11:50 PM

Same old usual supposed itk posters who have a rep on this forum for some reason with their old buddies. When 80 percent of time it's absolute dross that comes out.

Thecat23
25-11-2017, 11:50 PM

😂😂 yeah we are all in a clique. We also get traffic wardens to let us off with tickets it’s great, also we are allowed to use the bus lanes 4pm till 6pm. That’s how good the PM board is.

Mr White
25-11-2017, 11:51 PM
Same old usual supposed itk posters who have a rep on this forum for some reason with their old buddies. When 80 percent of time it's absolute dross that comes out.

Still a better rate than 99% pish though

:whistle:

superfurryhibby
25-11-2017, 11:53 PM

Are you the font of reasoned discussion? Nae smoke without fire on this one sadly.

25-11-2017, 11:54 PM

There’s nothing on the PM board about this that’s not in this thread, just more conjecture.

It does seem like Lennon and Stokes have had an argument. Other than that, no one really knows.

HoboHarry
25-11-2017, 11:54 PM
I wish I had a drink, sober one for me all w’end!! Next week may be different though 😁
If you were a real man you wouldn't be so scared of your wife and you would just help yourself tae some hooch.... big girls blouse......

Thecat23
25-11-2017, 11:57 PM
If you were a real man you wouldn't be so scared of your wife and you would just help yourself tae some hooch.... big girls blouse......

Fine I admit I’m a blouse, now sneak me some booze I’ll pay you... But only after she’s asleep 👀

Tornadoes70
25-11-2017, 11:59 PM

Hope you have a good one my friend. Especially after we've beaten Partick.

:greengrin

Thecat23
26-11-2017, 12:00 AM
Hope you have a good one my friend. Especially after we've beaten Partick.

I like you’re confidence 👍🏼

HoboHarry
26-11-2017, 12:01 AM
Fine I admit I’m a blouse, now sneak me some booze I’ll pay you... But only after she’s asleep 👀
Very well but due to the time difference we have moved from the dining table and have introduced the port along with some fine cheese and some walnuts...... mind and wear a tie......

Thecat23
26-11-2017, 12:03 AM
Very well but due to the time difference we have moved from the dining table and have introduced the port along with some fine cheese and some walnuts...... mind and wear a tie......

Now you are just showing off... I’ll happily sit in the shed as I’ve forgot my tie!

The Harp Awakes
26-11-2017, 12:05 AM
I've no idea if there's anything in this story. However, given the resposes of a few reliable posters on the thread + applying some common sense, tells me there's probably been a bit of a fall out in training which has grown arms and legs. Before you know it Stokes won't play for Hibs again. Chinese whispers I suspect.

Tornadoes70
26-11-2017, 12:07 AM
I like you’re confidence 👍🏼

I'm always confident going into a game unfortunately it doesn't always correlate with the actual result :greengrin.

Mr White
26-11-2017, 12:08 AM
I've no idea if there's anything in this story. However, given the resposes of a few reliable posters on the thread + applying some common sense, tells me there's probably been a bit of a fall out in training which has grown arms and legs. Before you know it Stokes won't play for Hibs again. Chinese whispers I suspect.

So Hibs are playing Stoke at the weekend? Seems unlikely but **** it... it's on the internet so it's almost definitely true :agree:

The Harp Awakes
26-11-2017, 12:11 AM
So Hibs are playing Stoke at the weekend? Seems unlikely but **** it... it's on the internet so it's almost definitely true :agree:

:agree:

Yep, I rest my case:greengrin

HoboHarry
26-11-2017, 03:25 AM
Now you are just showing off... I’ll happily sit in the shed as I’ve forgot my tie!

Muggle 😀

lapsedhibee
26-11-2017, 07:18 AM
I'm normally not one that holds much stock in rumours however it seems there are some long time posters on here giving it credence and if they turn out to be accurate then I'd be very disappointed in Stokesy and not the only one I'd imagine. He's signed a contract to be a 'professional' football player and as such should in no way be participating in alleged unauthorised drunken nights out or any other indulgence that would effect his professionalism or performance on the park. I'm hoping like many others that this is indeed simply a false rumour that's grown wings. Its certain to be confirmed or not in the coming days and weeks ahead.

:agree: In the coming weeks it'll definitely either be confirmed or not confirmed. Don't ask me how I know this.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-11-2017, 07:52 AM
:agree: In the coming weeks it'll definitely either be confirmed or not confirmed. Don't ask me how I know this.

The powers of logical deduction?

Johnny_Leith
26-11-2017, 08:08 AM
I'd imagine it's not the sort of thing that will need reported, managers and players fall out all the time.

Doesn't help when some are trying, actually trying, to make it newspaper worthy. Fail to understand why someone would want to get this out into the public domain, we all know the weegie press will take any opportunity to twist events to sell stories.

Stokesy's on fire
26-11-2017, 08:09 AM
This story is #dug*****

Maybe Ross Laidlaw wasnt in the squad becauase he's had a massive bust up with Lennon?

flash
26-11-2017, 09:13 AM

At least they ain't talking about you........or are they???

Sir David Gray
26-11-2017, 09:30 AM

What if this is one of the 20% cases which ends up true though?

Can you really afford to take that chance?

sleeping giant
26-11-2017, 09:38 AM

:agree:

Very uncomfortable reading.

Sammy7nil
26-11-2017, 10:16 AM

I wouldn't worry about there really are some fannies on here that post ltyc as soon as they read something they don't agree with, Very strange behaviour.

Vini1875
26-11-2017, 10:19 AM
Neil Lennon may well be a firey character and by all accounts Anthony Stokes can have a tear up as well, but look what happened when Duffy and Lennon had a go at each other. A little time passed they calmed and resolved it without too much effort.

If AS and NL had an argument I sure they can resolve it to the benefit of Hibs.

ancient hibee
26-11-2017, 10:24 AM
This story is #dug*****

Maybe Ross Laidlaw wasnt in the squad becauase he's had a massive bust up with Lennon?
Out on the lash with Stokes.

Sammy7nil
26-11-2017, 10:27 AM
It's unconfirmed because you made it up, next thing is you'll be telling us you're a ST holder at ER🤣

That is just a silly response you don't know he made it up. So just disagree rather than calling him out. The simple point here is you don't know he made it up :greengrin

Sammy7nil
26-11-2017, 10:30 AM
I take that back.

Well said not many on here apologise

Col2
26-11-2017, 10:33 AM
Stokes played the most significant part of all the players on 21st May 2016 with a performance that made him unplayable and without it we would be lining up 116 in a row.

He will always always ALWAYS be a Hibernian legend.

Let’s hope we can resolve this but if he leaves, his status will never be any different.

Sammy7nil
26-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Stokes played the most significant part of all the players on 21st May 2016 with a performance that made him unplayable and without it we would be lining up 116 in a row.

Let’s hope we can resolve this but if he leaves, his status will never be any different.

I agree but surely way to soon to suggest he is even considering leaving.

Hibernia&Alba
26-11-2017, 10:52 AM
So the bust up did happen then? :dunno:

DarlingtonHibee
26-11-2017, 10:56 AM
So the bust up did happen then? :dunno:

Think we will get the jfk killer first...

Firestarter
26-11-2017, 11:03 AM

Amen.

Scouse Hibee
26-11-2017, 11:03 AM
That is just a silly response you don't know he made it up. So just disagree rather than calling him out. The simple point here is you don't know he made it up :greengrin

Maybe I know it's not true, the simple fact is you don't know if I know or not :-)

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2017, 11:08 AM
Got a text on Friday from a mate saying similar, apart from the bit about him not playing for Hibs again.

Its does seem to me they have had a bust up, but that does happen a lot in football clubs.

He does come with a lot of baggage, and Lennon will have to use all his man management skills with Stokes, but i'm sure he knew that when he signed him.

Going by what Lennon said yesterday about the virus, i'd assume he still wants to try with him, but what do i know? :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
26-11-2017, 11:21 AM
Got a text on Friday from a mate saying similar, apart from the bit about him not playing for Hibs again.

Its does seem to me they have had a bust up, but that does happen a lot in football clubs.

He does come with a lot of baggage, and Lennon will have to use all his man management skills with Stokes, but i'm sure he knew that when he signed him.

Going by what Lennon said yesterday about the virus, i'd assume he still wants to try with him, but what do i know? :greengrinProbably the most sensible post on this entire thread ...well done BH

Thecat23
26-11-2017, 11:27 AM
Stokes imo will play again, but I think he’ll be off in Jan if not defo summer. Shame he’s treated the club the way he has lately as Lennon has done a lot to get the best out him.

wookie70
26-11-2017, 11:37 AM
I take it the itk posters all know it was all Stokes' fault. A bust up involves more than one person and handling a worker not working is a skill. As said it will be interesting to see how successful Lennon's man management skills are at resolving this. Bust up is not a term usually associated with good management in my view but difficult to know without the full facts.

tamig
26-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Stokes imo will play again, but I think he’ll be off in Jan if not defo summer. Shame he’s treated the club the way he has lately as Lennon has done a lot to get the best out him.

How has he treated the club lately - or is that just more rumour stuff?

we are hibs
26-11-2017, 12:02 PM
Prove otherwise hotshot. You know **** all.

Im not the one posting absolute ***** on a hibs forum pretending to be ITK. Your posting the rumour so it's up to you to back it up, not me to prove it wrong.

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2017, 12:02 PM
I take it the itk posters all know it was all Stokes' fault. A bust up involves more than one person and handling a worker not working is a skill. As said it will be interesting to see how successful Lennon's man management skills are at resolving this. Bust up is not a term usually associated with good management in my view but difficult to know without the full facts.

I think with Stokes, we all know who's to blame here. Its not as if its a one off with him, or Lennon is the first manager he's fell out with, but i do take your point.

If this was Lewis Stevenson or Paul Hanlon, i think my attitude on this would be the exact opposite of what i think now. :greengrin

we are hibs
26-11-2017, 12:04 PM

Know more than to believe the utter ***** posted by the ITK brigade on here. Shame you don't.

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2017, 12:04 PM
Im not the one posting absolute ***** on a hibs forum pretending to be ITK. Your posting the rumour so it's up to you to back it up, not me to prove it wrong.

Hahaha, do you believe in the moon landing, i can give you some evidence either way if you like? :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
26-11-2017, 12:06 PM

Absolutely agree ..... Look at Latapy, he let us down on the eve of a huge match where his inclusion could have made a real difference and yet the fans still love him because he was a brilliant wee player. Whatever happens Anthony Stokes status as a Hibs legend is untouchable because of what he did in the cup final and rightly so.

But if its true that he is causing a problem at East Mains ( I'm not saying he is, I have no idea ) then legend or not its a huge disappointment. I want to see Hibs continue to improve in the league, I want to see us regularly qualify for Europe and I don't want 21/05/16 to be the last time I see us win something, so if any player no matter what their status is disrupting our ability to do that then punt them ASAP and I don't care who that player is.

The days of this club carrying passengers, incompetents, prima donnas, lazy buggers and even players who are constantly injured, as we have done in the past, are over ...... That for me is the foundation upon which the new post relegation Hibs is built, we are no longer a soft touch either within the organization or for our opponents, it was a failure to recognise this was what was needed that got us into a 10 year slump after the 2007 league cup final ... I never want to see that happen again and as a result nobody is or should be immune from being punted for the good of Hibs, not even legends.

we are hibs
26-11-2017, 12:07 PM
If this was true it'd have been picked up by someone in the media and it'd be all over the place. Zero evidence that this is true.

B.H.F.C
26-11-2017, 12:10 PM
If this was true it'd have been picked up by someone in the media and it'd be all over the place. Zero evidence that this is true.

The media are always bang on about everything right enough.

SRHibs
26-11-2017, 12:11 PM

Considering many who know people within the club are saying it’s true, you’re probably wrong. There’s no reason to think someone working for The Sun must know of internal issues before anyone else.

SRHibs
26-11-2017, 12:13 PM

I won’t believe it until I see it in black and white in the presitigous, accurate, and virtuous Daily Record.

Thecat23
26-11-2017, 12:15 PM
How has he treated the club lately - or is that just more rumour stuff?

I know he’s been turning up late and missing days. Source is a first team player.

Thecat23
26-11-2017, 12:17 PM

So you are happy to believe The Daily Record or Sun but not folk who actually know some players/coaches at the club?

Hibernia&Alba
26-11-2017, 12:18 PM
I know he’s been turning up late and missing days. Source is a first team player.

That's very poor if true. No manager will tolerate that.

silverhibee
26-11-2017, 12:19 PM
Hahaha, do you believe in the moon landing, i can give you some evidence either way if you like? :greengrin

Did you leave your scooter up there. :greengrin

WoreTheGreen
26-11-2017, 12:22 PM

He was told he could have the odd monday off but one time did not show until wednesday .

tamig
26-11-2017, 12:26 PM

That’s bad patter. I’ve just been reading the PM thread and didn’t realise so many liberties have been taken. It sounds to me like the boy needs some help.

1van Sprou7e
Stokes is such a strange character

Sounds like he's taking the pi$$ a wee bit, if he doesn't fix his attitude then he can get to f*** in January to be honest

Not worth paying someone such a high wage only for him to have that attitude

blackpoolhibs
Did you leave your scooter up there. :greengrin

:faf: :top marks

Genuine laugh out loud moment. :thumbsup:

tamig
26-11-2017, 12:28 PM
Absolutely agree ..... Look at Latapy, he let us down on the eve of a huge match where his inclusion could have made a real difference and yet the fans still love him because he was a brilliant wee player. Whatever happens Anthony Stokes status as a Hibs legend is untouchable because of what he did in the cup final and rightly so.

But if its true that he is causing a problem at East Mains ( I'm not saying he is, I have no idea ) then legend or not its a huge disappointment. I want to see Hibs continue to improve in the league, I want to see us regularly qualify for Europe and I don't want 21/05/16 to be the last time I see us win something, so if any player no matter what their status is disrupting our ability to do that then punt them ASAP and I don't care who that player is.

The days of this club carrying passengers, incompetents, prima donnas, lazy buggers and even players who are constantly injured, as we have done in the past, are over ...... That for me is the foundation upon which the new post relegation Hibs is built, we are no longer a soft touch either within the organization or for our opponents, it was a failure to recognise this was what was needed that got us into a 10 year slump after the 2007 league cup final ... I never want to see that happen again and as a result nobody is or should be immune from being punted for the good of Hibs, not even legends.
Well said sir.

NZ Green
26-11-2017, 12:31 PM
I wonder if 'virus' is code for 'didn't show up for training and is being punished'.

bingo70
26-11-2017, 12:34 PM
That's very poor if true. No manager will tolerate that.

I’ve actually got proof that’s true.

Wouldn’t post it on here as it’s not fair (and I don’t know how to do it) but the players really shouldn’t leave the fines sheet out for all to see, and photograph, when tours of east mains are taking place.

On a side note, Martin Boyle is a dirty ******* and got a £20 fine for pissing in the shower. Hope my wife doesn’t get any ideas of implimenting that rule 😉

NAE NOOKIE
26-11-2017, 12:38 PM

If that's true then he has to go, its that simple. Anthony Stokes is a fantastic player on his day, but he is also a player drinking at the last chance saloon and if he doesn't recognise that then he isn't the guy for us. His last gig was a club where the manager would have shot his granny and drowned a sack full of puppies for the goals that would have arrested their slide to relegation and yet he still wouldn't give Stokes a game because he didn't think he was mentally right to play. That was a warning sign Hibs ignored when they pushed the boat out to get him to join the club, it worried me at the time and its beginning to look like I was right to be.

Even without this rumour I've not been all that impressed with Stoke's overall contribution since he returned to the club, as I have said in many posts. I've been shot down for it by most folk, but I can only post what I think is the truth and if this rumour does turn out to be fact then its not going to do anything to change my opinion that on the evidence so far he just isn't going to be the player we hoped he was going to be.

1van Sprou7e
26-11-2017, 12:39 PM
I’ve actually got proof that’s true.

Wouldn’t post it on here as it’s not fair (and I don’t know how to do it) but the players really shouldn’t leave the fines sheet out for all to see, and photograph, when tours of east mains are taking place.

On a side note, Martin Boyle is a dirty ******* and got a £20 fine for pissing in the shower. Hope my wife doesn’t get any ideas of implimenting that rule 😉

Lol, that is such a ridiculous reason to fine someone

If you don't piss on your feet in the shower, are you even a man?

WoreTheGreen
26-11-2017, 12:47 PM
Cured my athetes foot

Lago
26-11-2017, 12:55 PM

This has been running for at least 2 days according to some on here & it's exactly the sort of thing certain of the print media would have been all over like a rash. Today's papers zilsh, didily squat, zippo. The combination of AS & NL would have been to good to miss, in my humble opinion.

Lago
26-11-2017, 01:06 PM

Away in Jan after wasting a season of his footballing life at Blackburn, you wonder what does on in his mind.

bingo70
26-11-2017, 01:12 PM
Away in Jan after wasting a season of his footballing life at Blackburn, you wonder what does on in his mind.

Maybe just doesn’t like playing football for a living but that’s all he knows and happens to be very good at it.

J-C
26-11-2017, 01:22 PM
Unfortunately we've seen this scenario with Stokes before...

Taken from the Herald Dec 2015

ANTHONY Stokes is capable of resurrecting his career for the third time despite falling out of favour at Celtic and being by suspended by the Parkhead club (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14118086.Anthony_Stokes_suspended_by_Celtic_for_a_ fortnight_after_Twitter_controversy_in_Inverness/) for a breach of discipline this week.
The 27-year-old, who took to Twitter on Sunday (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14111549.Deila_tells__quot_disrespectful_quot__Cel tic_striker_Stokes_to_do_his_talking_in_training/) to vent his frustration at being left out of the match day squad against Inverness Caledonian Thistle, has beenordered to stay away from training for a fortnight by the Scottish champions.

And the same at Blackburn last season

Troubled former Celtic (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/celtic-fc) and Hibs (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/hibernian-fc) striker Anthony Stokes hasn't kicked a ball for months because of 'personal issues,' Blackburn Rovers manager Tony Mowbray has revealed.The Ireland international became a Hibs hero after netting in last summer's Scottish Cup Final win over Rangers, which brought to an end their 114-year drought.He moved to Lancashire in the summer under former boss Owen Coyle and signed a three-year deal, but Coyle was sacked in February.Former Celtic boss Mowbray took over, but the 28-year-old hasn't had a look-in under him at Rovers and hasn't played a league game since December.

staunchhibby
26-11-2017, 01:23 PM
Heard the same thing failing to turn up fod trainig and also late which apparently is normal for him

Lago
26-11-2017, 01:25 PM
Maybe just doesn’t like playing football for a living but that’s all he knows and happens to be very good at it.

Maybe so, think he would change his mind if he had to get up at 6 on a frosty winter morning & put in a 10hr shift for a lot less money than he is currently on.

Joe6-2
26-11-2017, 02:15 PM
Maybe so, think he would change his mind if he had to get up at 6 on a frosty winter morning & put in a 10hr shift for a lot less money than he is currently on.

I know anyone can suffer problems, but these guys don’t know they are born

Thecat23
26-11-2017, 02:29 PM

Funny I thought this as well. I think he likes playing but not the training that you have to do or all the other stuff that goes with it. Thing is Stokes for me isn’t lazy but he looks fed up a lot and he’s not reached the levels we all know he can.

Lago
26-11-2017, 02:32 PM
Funny I thought this as well. I think he likes playing but not the training that you have to do or all the other stuff that goes with it. Thing is Stokes for me isn’t lazy but he looks fed up a lot and he’s not reached the levels we all know he can.

Most folks enjoy playing sport for fun, but it's his job not a hobby, he needs to wake up to real life.

silverhibee
26-11-2017, 02:59 PM
:faf: :top marks

Genuine laugh out loud moment. :thumbsup:

andybev1
26-11-2017, 03:58 PM
Can someone give a link to this PM thread that has been talked about? thx.

Sammy7nil
26-11-2017, 04:59 PM
Maybe I know it's not true, the simple fact is you don't know if I know or not :-)

Maybe I know you don't know and that may be a fact :wink:

Winston Ingram
26-11-2017, 05:10 PM

He was exactly the same in his loan spell with us.

jgl07
26-11-2017, 05:20 PM
I recall the words Carlos Tevez will never play for Manchester City again from Roberto Mancini. He refused to warm up to come on as a substitute away to Bayern Munich. Heflounced off to Argentina. He came back with his tail between his legs and did play for the remainder of the 2011-12 season before being sold.

bingo70
26-11-2017, 05:28 PM
I recall the words Carlos Tevez will never play for Manchester City again from Roberto Mancini. He refused to warm up to come on as a substitute away to Bayern Munich. Heflounced off to Argentina. He came back with his tail between his legs and did play for the remainder of the 2011-12 season before being sold.

Said this on the PM board but if it is to do with time keeping and attendance then this won’t come as any surprise to Lennon, he’ll know there’s no point in trying to manage him on every occasion it happens so will pick and choose when to make a big deal about it.

There’s a few massive games coming up and I wouldn’t be surprised if he picked last week as the right time to have it out with him, probably saw the Hamilton and next weeks game as winnable without him. Make up before the Rangers/Celtc and Aberdeen games and you’ve got a top class striker with a point to prove.

Firestarter
26-11-2017, 06:10 PM

Your posting absolute bull**** saying it's bill**** as you obviously know more to be so volatile, so prove it.

It happened, it's not bull****, if you think it is prove me wrong hotshot.

BegbieHSC
26-11-2017, 06:28 PM
Sniff sniff

Scouse Hibee
26-11-2017, 06:39 PM
Maybe I know you don't know and that may be a fact :wink:

I know you don't know what I know and that is a fact. ;-)

Ronniekirk
26-11-2017, 06:40 PM
Said this on the PM board but if it is to do with time keeping and attendance then this won’t come as any surprise to Lennon, he’ll know there’s no point in trying to manage him on every occasion it happens so will pick and choose when to make a big deal about it.

There’s a few massive games coming up and I wouldn’t be surprised if he picked last week as the right time to have it out with him, probably saw the Hamilton and next weeks game as winnable without him. Make up before the Rangers/Celtc and Aberdeen games and you’ve got a top class striker with a point to prove.

You could well be right Bingo but we have had a tight knit squad Stokes will i assume be one of the top earners he should be mature enough by now to be setting examples of the right kind to younger players
Lennon did indeed say he would manage Stokes to get the best out of him He took the chance on him and i hope Stokes re pays the Faith shown in him
But to be honest if there is anything in this we could do without it right now

Captain Trips
26-11-2017, 07:08 PM
I really rate Stokes as a player so I firstly hope there is less in this than has been suggested.

However if it is a situation that is and has been ongoing I would back whatever the club thought best, this could affect other players as we cannot back one player over and over and not another. There has got to be a point when enough is enough and NL will know exactly when that is.

HoboHarry
26-11-2017, 07:33 PM
Never seen so many baldy men fighting over one comb before.....

CropleyWasGod
26-11-2017, 07:39 PM
Can someone give a link to this PM thread that has been talked about? thx.

Sure.

Cost you a tenner, though...:greengrin

silverhibee
26-11-2017, 07:48 PM
Sure.

I think it's Jim Traynor. :greengrin

-Jonesy-
26-11-2017, 08:14 PM
Who calls someone hotshot in an argument😂

surreyhibbie
26-11-2017, 08:50 PM
You post was an entirely reasonable question to ask if you’d heard something.

It’s the internet though so people will be sceptical.

When someone with a very low post count comes out with something so serious, people are understandably wary ....

Firestarter
26-11-2017, 09:06 PM
Who calls someone hotshot in an argument😂

If you think there's arguing going on I would suggest you try seperating internet football message board with real life Jonesey.

sauzee6_2
26-11-2017, 09:24 PM
What a lot of scaremongering pish!

Is there an ounce of known truth in any of this??? Nope didn’t think so!!

The club have moved on leaps and bounds recently and I for one trust them to tell us of events such as this.

Unless there are any facts, let’s trust the club and management team. 🇳🇬

tamig
26-11-2017, 09:34 PM

The club have moved on leaps and bounds recently and I for one trust them to tell us of events such as this.

So you think it’s all made up?

Sir David Gray
26-11-2017, 09:42 PM

I wouldn't expect Hibs to announce details of an argument which had taken place during a training session between a player and the manager.

If you speak to anyone who's involved in football, arguments and fights happen every single day at training. The club would be rather busy if they kept updating us on every disagreement that happens behind the scenes.

sauzee6_2
26-11-2017, 09:43 PM
So you think it’s all made up?

Is there any evidence otherwise???

CropleyWasGod
26-11-2017, 09:45 PM

Unless there are any facts, let’s trust the club and management team. [emoji1184]You think that they would tell us if it's the truth?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

sauzee6_2
26-11-2017, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't expect Hibs to announce details of an argument which had taken place during a training session between a player and the manager.

If you speak to anyone who's involved in football, arguments and fights happen every single day at training. The club would be rather busy if they kept updating us on every disagreement that happens behind the scenes.

Whilst I dispute that arguments and fights happen every day, I take your point, however you seem to have missed my point.

I trust the club to tell me everything I need to know - if there is no announcement, its business as usual.

silverhibee
26-11-2017, 09:47 PM

What you expecting as evidence?

B.H.F.C
26-11-2017, 09:50 PM
Whilst I dispute that arguments and fights happen every day, I take your point, however you seem to have missed my point.

I trust the club to tell me everything I need to know - if there is no announcement, its business as usual.

But you don't need to know about it. If Stokes has been involved in something with Lennon and sent away from the training ground that's a disaplinary issue. Until they've addressed that, they're hardly going to say anything about it are they?

Firestarter
26-11-2017, 09:51 PM
**** sake it's not as if the club is going to announce a training ground issue between the player and our manager. In equal measure it's not as if they would keep it from us either, **** happens.

It seems the only people bitching about this are people looking to shoot down any suggestion of a fall out which happened.

Sir David Gray
26-11-2017, 09:55 PM

If anything has happened, it's an internal disciplinary issue between employee and employer. There's no need for the club to make that public.

In fact there's possibly even a policy in place which forbids either the club or the employee from speaking about such matters until they have been resolved.

ancient hibee
26-11-2017, 09:56 PM
Surely we should have daily communiques.What happened to the guy that covered the Falklands for the BBC?

CropleyWasGod
26-11-2017, 09:58 PM
Surely we should have daily communiques.What happened to the guy that covered the Falklands for the BBC?I counted him all out.......

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
26-11-2017, 10:03 PM
Or the MOD guy,he gave nothing away.

snooky
26-11-2017, 10:18 PM
Never seen so many baldy men fighting over one comb before.....

To be fair, ANY player not abiding the work code (on a regular basis) needs to be emptied. They cause disruption and unrest to the club and destroy team spirit. Just look what it's done to posters on this thread alone.

While I appreciate there's no hard evidence to support this alleged incident, people are only passing on what they are hearing. If they can't do that then really, what's the point of having a forum?

GreenLake
26-11-2017, 10:28 PM
Stokesies been fired

Thecat23
26-11-2017, 10:35 PM

If you want clear cut evidence of training ground bust ups you don’t know how football works. Stokes was told to leave after an argument, I’m 100% certain Lennon will deal with it in what is in Hibs best interests.

I do think Stokes will play again, but I also think if he’s not sold in Jan he will be in the summer. Maybe you should pop down to EM and tell all the players they are lying about this bust up?

andybev1
27-11-2017, 02:49 AM
Sure.

mmmm? checks pocket........it's........ok. :na na:

we are hibs
27-11-2017, 07:36 AM
Your posting absolute bull**** saying it's bill**** as you obviously know more to be so volatile, so prove it.

It happened, it's not bull****, if you think it is prove me wrong hotshot.

If if it was true it'd have made the media by now. I've seen this mentioned absolutely nowhere apart from here and it's been about 3 or 4 days since this alleged "bust up". He will be back in the squad on Saturday.

scoopyboy
27-11-2017, 07:51 AM
If if it was true it'd have made the media by now. I've seen this mentioned absolutely nowhere apart from here and it's been about 3 or 4 days since this alleged "bust up". He will be back in the squad on Saturday.

Hopefully he will be back in the squad for Saturday.

This doesn't mean it didn't happen though.

Bottom line is you and any other posters can believe what you want, it doesn't change the fact it happened though. :greengrin

rodhibs55
27-11-2017, 07:53 AM
Bust ups happen on the training ground at every level. Whether its between players themselves or the manager/coaching staff and players, it happens. The air gets cleared and everybody gets on with life again. I am sure Lenny will have had many bust ups both as a player and a manager and Stokesy will also have had a few. Best just to leave them to let the air clear and the club will deal with anything that has happened internally. We all then move on. Stokesy is a quality player and we need him playing.

eastcoasthibby
27-11-2017, 08:02 AM

If Stokes was close delivering what everyone knows he is capable off on a pitch for even 50% the time he plays most of yhis thread wouldn't exist ! Its cos Stokes hasn't been near what we hoped for that people are getting wound up and on his case.
The comments about him being entitled to a personal lufe and being a professional footballer are both absolutely right, but the professional footballer bit should rule, because he has a responsibility to the club and the people who pau his wages to be professional and earn them ! If pepple see him out on the lash and he isnt looking up to it in games, not working, or whatever, I think its fair to put out that his personal life antics might be the reason.
Time will tell if " he stil lhas a virus next week" one thing for sure is we need him playing and playing well ...if he is at it he needs to sort himself out or move on as he is part of a team and over the next month are big games yhat suit his ability..when he decides to play !!!

Nicho87
27-11-2017, 11:02 AM
Just one final question...

Lago
27-11-2017, 11:42 AM
I wonder if what has been, in effect, a work place argument, is being turned into something more. Like most people I've had disagreements with colleagues & managers over the years, equally as a manager I've had those reporting to me disagree with some of my decision making. It happens you work it out, unless of course you banjo someone then it's good night Vienna. :greengrin

One Day Soon
27-11-2017, 11:48 AM
I'm Spartacus...

dangermouse
27-11-2017, 01:36 PM
😂😂 yeah we are all in a clique. We also get traffic wardens to let us off with tickets it’s great, also we are allowed to use the bus lanes 4pm till 6pm. That’s how good the PM board is.

Don't tell him we are entitled to free pre match beer though. Oops...

Thecat23
27-11-2017, 01:45 PM
Don't tell him we are entitled to free pre match beer though. Oops...

That’s you banned for a week 😁

andybev1
27-11-2017, 01:48 PM
If you think there's arguing going on I would suggest you try seperating internet football message board with real life Jonesey.

I'd like to have an arguement please.

Bostonhibby
27-11-2017, 01:57 PM
I'd like to have an arguement please.No you don't

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

--------
27-11-2017, 02:13 PM
I'd like to have an arguement please.

OK - BEFORE YOU START POSTING ON THIS FORUM LEARN TO SPELL! IT'S 'ARGUMENT', NOT ARGUEMENT!!!!

:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

HoboHarry
27-11-2017, 02:27 PM
OK - BEFORE YOU START POSTING ON THIS FORUM LEARN TO SPELL! IT'S 'ARGUMENT', NOT ARGUEMENT!!!!

:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:
Qwite rite Doddie. That lot would give an asprinn a headacke.....

-Jonesy-
27-11-2017, 04:18 PM
I'm Spartacus...

This made me genuinely lol

andybev1
27-11-2017, 04:46 PM

:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

My spelling is usually pretty good but that is one of my repeat spelling mistakes - if I was trying to impress, I would be more careful. To pull someone up for it though? :grr: Now that I know you are watching I will try to be more careful, sorry!

~P.S in case you noticed, lets face it you probably would, I had to delete one of your wee angry men as you used the allotted 10 and I wanted to borrow one. :)

mmm? or were you giving me my argument (!)

IlDiavola
27-11-2017, 04:52 PM
My spelling is usually pretty good but that is one of my repeat spelling mistakes - if I was trying to impress, I would be more careful. To pull someone up for it though? :grr:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

~P.S in case you noticed, lets face it you probably would, I had to delete one of your wee angry men as you used the allotted 10 and I wanted to borrow one Just in case. :)

:greengrin:greengrin

hibbysam
27-11-2017, 05:00 PM
So was Stokes back in training today?

staunchhibby
27-11-2017, 05:36 PM
I believe they had day off after there xmas bash in Dublin

Billy Whizz
27-11-2017, 05:41 PM
So was Stokes back in training today?

I’d play him in the development team tomorrow

Sammy7nil
27-11-2017, 05:42 PM
I'm Spartacus...

And so is my wife :greengrin

Ronniekirk
27-11-2017, 05:47 PM

Would be interesting to see if he put in a shift in s game like that
Not sure Lennon will see that as way to motivate him

Stuart93
27-11-2017, 05:48 PM

100% make things worse, stokes barely tried a leg v St J never mind chucking him into a development game

Billy Whizz
27-11-2017, 05:52 PM
100% make things worse, stokes barely tried a leg v St J never mind chucking him into a development game

I mean to get him scoring again, get his confidence up. He’s only played a game and a half in the whole of November

Firestarter
27-11-2017, 05:52 PM
I believe they had day off after there xmas bash in Dublin

😂 1 man bash aye?

Firestarter
27-11-2017, 05:53 PM
I mean to get him scoring again, get his confidence up. He’s only played a game and a half in the whole of November

I would be highly surprised if NL played that card Billy.

Stuart93
27-11-2017, 07:17 PM

I see your point but couldn't ever imagine stokes being arsed doing that

B.H.F.C
27-11-2017, 07:40 PM
I see your point but couldn't ever imagine stokes being arsed doing that

Sometimes people have to do things they don't like when their boss tells them to.

Stuart93
27-11-2017, 07:45 PM
Sometimes people have to do things they don't like when their boss tells them to.

Stokes ever struck you as the type who lets people boss him about?

B.H.F.C
27-11-2017, 07:52 PM
Stokes ever struck you as the type who lets people boss him about?

He's a good player but it doesn't entitle him to just do what he wants does it? Lennon is the boss and if Stokes (or anybody else) wants to play that game there will only be one winner.