PDA

View Full Version : Another chance missed to go 2nd..

California-Hibs
25-11-2017, 04:49 PM
Very frustrating. With the Rangers losing 2 in a row, and Aberdeen losing last week, we really could of been sitting pretty.

The only silver lining for me is how pish Hearts are and dropped more points, as usual. I don’t see them overtaking or even getting close to us this season.

Anyway, the bigger picture for us is higher up the league. We need to be far more ruthless. By all accounts Hamilton were utter garbage and stole a point, but on the other hand we NEED to start burying teams when we’re so much on top!!

Thecat23
25-11-2017, 04:53 PM
Very frustrating. With the Rangers losing 2 in a row, and Aberdeen losing last week, we really could of been sitting pretty.

The only silver lining for me is how pish Hearts are and dropped more points, as usual. I don’t see them overtaking or even getting close to us this season.

Anyway, the bigger picture for us is higher up the league. We need to be far more ruthless. By all accounts Hamilton were utter garbage and stole a point, but on the other hand we NEED to start burying teams when we’re so much on top!!

Hearts are an utter gang and will be bottom 6. Our main competition is Dons and Huns and sadly we keep dropping points because we can’t finish. I fully expect a striker in Jan and one who is proven.

IlDiavola
25-11-2017, 04:56 PM
Hearts are an utter gang and will be bottom 6. Our main competition is Dons and Huns and sadly we keep dropping points because we can’t finish. I fully expect a striker in Jan and one who is proven.

Leigh?

:greengrin:greengrin

bingo70
25-11-2017, 04:57 PM
Of course it’s a bit frustrating but we simply aren’t going to win every week. That run of 4 or 5 wins in a row was a bit of a freak and I can’t see that happening again.

The other teams we are competing against aren’t going to win every week either so as long as we’re doing enough to stay in the top 4 I’ll be happy enough.

Finishing second in our first season back shouldn’t be the barometer of a successful season or not.

green day
25-11-2017, 04:59 PM
Of course it’s a bit frustrating but we simply aren’t going to win every week. That run of 4 or 5 wins in a row was a bit of a freak and I can’t see that happening again.

The other teams we are competing against aren’t going to win every week either so as long as we’re doing enough to stay in the top 4 I’ll be happy enough.

Finishing second in our first season back shouldn’t be the barometer of a successful season or not.
Exactly how I feel. It's good we are annoyed but not the end of the world. 👍

IlDiavola
25-11-2017, 04:59 PM

Would be superb.

California-Hibs
25-11-2017, 05:17 PM
I’m in no way insinuating if we fail to finish 2nd we’ve failed. That would be nonsense. Just the fact that it could of been so much better, leaves me frustrated. Of course the ‘could of’s’ come into play for everyone. At the start of the season I said top 6 would be a great start back and we’re exceeding my expectations!

We’ll not win every week, but it’s easier to accept certain defeats/draws than it is others.

25-11-2017, 05:22 PM
More silly points lost, we really should have won today then what a position we'd be in! Frustrating to say the least.

Thecat23
25-11-2017, 05:22 PM
Leigh?

:greengrin:greengrin

Haha if only 😁

lord bunberry
25-11-2017, 06:35 PM
We should be top of the league. We’ve thrown points away so many times this season.

cleanyman
25-11-2017, 06:37 PM
We will finish 5th.

Hopefully 4th.

Lago
25-11-2017, 07:25 PM

Oh now I wonder who that might be:greengrin

wookie70
25-11-2017, 07:27 PM
I'm not a great fan of our manager but he is performing above expectations this season and it looks like we still have room for improvement Lots of peaks and troughs to go but if we finish top 6 it is a solid start to our return to the top league. Top four and he has done very well especially as we have already had one good cup run. See what happens with players leaving in January but to be honest if we just added one player who was a scorer we will finish top six and possibly top 3. If SJM leaves then invest some and keep the rest for the summer where there are more players available

monktonharp
25-11-2017, 10:23 PM
I am a big fan of our manager. he put out a team today, that looked as if we were going to sweep the floor with Hamilton. look at the match stats, which tells you we did just that, with the gutting fact that they stole a point with an absolute fluke in my opinion. they were never at the races. their goalie produced at least 2 outstanding saves (which they are employed for) but on another day we'd have pumped them big style.:cb

lord bunberry
25-11-2017, 10:24 PM
I am a big fan of our manager. he put out a team today, that looked as if we were going to sweep the floor with Hamilton. look at the match stats, which tells you we did just that, with the gutting fact that they stole a point with an absolute fluke in my opinion. they were never at the races. their goalie produced at least 2 outstanding saves (which they are employed for) but on another day we'd have pumped them big style.:cb
Correct mate :top marks

Phil MaGlass
25-11-2017, 10:29 PM
They were never at the races , but yet here we are talking aboot missed points and opportunities, bloody frustrating.

monktonharp
25-11-2017, 10:33 PM
They were never at the races , but yet here we are talking aboot missed points and opportunities, bloody frustrating.agreed Phil, but as said........on another day. some fantastic performances today. big Marvin and SJM, M cGeogh and Hanlon to name a few. not a real fan of young Barker, but he made the goal and did reasonably well.

jacomo
25-11-2017, 10:38 PM
I'm hoping this is a typical Hibs league campaign in reverse.

Lots of missed opportunities early in the season, before putting together a good run.

Phil MaGlass
25-11-2017, 10:42 PM
agreed Phil, but as said........on another day. some fantastic performances today. big Marvin and SJM, M cGeogh and Hanlon to name a few. not a real fan of young Barker, but he made the goal and did reasonably well.

I actually believe we will become better from here on in, as you say we have played well, I think we will take second this year,but we must push on.

heretoday
27-11-2017, 06:24 AM
Looking forward to the Celtic match at ER. It'll be a great pointer as to where we need to strengthen and how far we've come.

We might even win it.

Keith_M
27-11-2017, 11:55 AM

We've just had two disappointing results in succession, losing to St Johnstone at home then only drawing with Accies, despite having the majority of possession and shots at goal.

The frustrating thing is that the team are so close to being a really good side but we still have the issue with missing chances and giving away silly goals (Accies - one shot, one goal), despite having dominated in a lot of games.

True, but we could, and really should, have created a big gap between ourselves and Rangers by now.

SteveHFC
27-11-2017, 02:05 PM
We will finish 5th.

Hopefully 4th.
:aok:

hhibs
27-11-2017, 02:41 PM
I'm hoping this is a typical Hibs league campaign in reverse.

Lots of missed opportunities early in the season, before putting together a good run.

Indeed,would that not be a change !

Our traditional post christmas collapse in form would be a real downer.

Please,please,please NO.