PDA

View Full Version : That was unbelievable

cleanyman
25-11-2017, 03:58 PM
I mean come on.

Hamilton literally had one shot. One attempt at goal. None off target either.

Until we start scoring we're going to get sucker punched regularly

greenginger
25-11-2017, 04:00 PM
I mean come on.

Hamilton literally had one shot. One attempt at goal. None off target either.

Until we start scoring we're going to get sucker punched regularly

Were Hamilton crap or were we just good defensively ?

SirDavidsNapper
25-11-2017, 04:01 PM
That's football

yonder1875
25-11-2017, 04:01 PM
What the hell happened at half time?! Great first half and just did not turn up for the second.

Pish.

cleanyman
25-11-2017, 04:02 PM
Hamilton were mince today. Couldn't string two passes.

SaulGoodman
Were Hamilton crap or were we just good defensively ?

We played well.

I'd actually be happier if we had less chances and drew 1-1. A point away from home is never that bad.

But with the chances we had that game and the fact they only had 1 shot and scored with it makes it a real sickener

Joe6-2
That's football

Too often it’s Hibs

-Jonesy-
25-11-2017, 04:09 PM
39% possession, 0 corners, 1 shot at goal, on target and scored...
Kick in the stanes like

cabbage_88
25-11-2017, 04:10 PM
Why did Lennon change the layout of the team at half time? Best fiet half performance I've seen this season with the 2 up top and barker through the middle. Absolutely dominated possession first half, wasn't the case second half. Another soft goal conceded as well.

We should be far more ruthless and be putting teams to bed. Dropped too many points in games this season when we've dominated in large spells.i know we're in a good position in the league but it SHOULD be far better. 2 opportunities to get into 2nd place (at least until tomorrow) and blown them both.

Outstanding first half, mediocre second half but on a whole should have won that game comfortably.

cleanyman
25-11-2017, 04:22 PM
So what part is unbelievable?
I'm torn between this is our downfall and this is a decent point against an in form team.

roll on the next game.

It's not a decent point at all

Blowing the game when we coasted the game is annoying. Needs sorted pronto

Steve20
25-11-2017, 04:25 PM
We can’t keep saying we play well when we only score one goal with all that possession. That’s not good football. Good football is putting the ball in the net. Too many games we don’t finish teams of. One point from St Johnstone and Hamilton is an awful return.

It was also freezing, so it’s took that long for my hands to not be so cold to actually make this comment on my phone.

Great finish Simon Murray.

Pretty Boy
25-11-2017, 04:25 PM
It's not even close to unbelievable. I can think of 10 games off the top of my head in the last 4 years that have followed a similar pattern, with a bit effort I could probably get a fair few more as well.

Games that end like todays are an ongoing issue that needs resolved.

K.Marx
25-11-2017, 04:35 PM
Frustrating, but hopefully put these chances away next weekend. Rangers and Aberdeen playing back to back games against each other this week and Motherwell the same against Celtic so the teams around us will be dropping plenty points

IlDiavola
25-11-2017, 04:35 PM
So what part is unbelievable?
I'm torn between this is our downfall and this is a decent point against an in form team.

roll on the next game.

No, it isn't.

25-11-2017, 05:25 PM
How many times has this been the case though, punished for not finishing teams off when we have the chance. Teams know they don't have to create many chances against us to get something, it was often a problem under Stubbs as well.

We need to beef up our strike force in January.

Sir David Gray
25-11-2017, 05:31 PM
It wasn't even close to being unbelievable. Frustrating and annoying yes but not unbelievable.

Bishop Hibee
25-11-2017, 05:38 PM
Maybe it’s “unbelievable” that we’re going to be unbeaten away from home going into December.

Jim44
25-11-2017, 05:50 PM
Irrespective of performance or league position, that was a poor result and one of some we might live to regret.

CMurdoch
25-11-2017, 06:41 PM
Hibs are a very good team who are dominating games but continue to have
NO END PRODUCT against the wee teams.

I wish we knew how to put this right.

21sMay
25-11-2017, 06:56 PM
I think the answer to the problem is pretty simple. We need a poacher. stokes isnt the answer, the team create enough chances and with a poacher in the box in the mould of boyd (In his hayday) or Stephen dobbie, would go along way to solving the problem

all in my opinion of course

jabis
25-11-2017, 07:06 PM
No, it isn't.

Oh yes it is.

Panto season.

Much like your posts.

And mine now I think about it :cb

HFCdeb
25-11-2017, 07:10 PM
Our play from set pieces is poor. I can't remember the last time we scored from a corner, Daz vs QoS last season?
It's been said numerous times but we need more goals from midfield.

Lago
25-11-2017, 07:13 PM
Hibs are a very good team who are dominating games but continue to have
NO END PRODUCT against the wee teams.

I wish we knew how to put this right.

Put the ball in the net from 8 feet, apparently Boyle can't.

wookie70
25-11-2017, 07:37 PM
Predictable would be the word I would use. We have strikers who are not great finishers maybe with the exception of Stokes. We don't commit many men forward into the box as Lennon is quite a cautious manager imo. So the scraps in the box don't fall to us that often. We don't mark in the box and don't follow runners into the box that well. Our goalie seems to always take a step or two towards the ball at crosses before realising he can't get there and finding himself in no-mans land.

It happens so often it is normal not unreliable but a point against an in form team away from home isn't bad and our away form is excellent. If only we were as good at Easter Road but having to attack at home makes us more open at the back and we concede even more goals. Only a few players away from having a very good team though and we are going in the right direction.

easty
25-11-2017, 07:39 PM
Our play from set pieces is poor. I can't remember the last time we scored from a corner, Daz vs QoS last season?

Did Hanlon no score from a corner a few weeks ago? Up at Ross county.

kaimendhibs
25-11-2017, 07:42 PM
Hmmm. 3rd in the league. Unbeaten away from home including wins at Ibrox and Motherwell. This place unreal at times

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

-Jonesy-
25-11-2017, 07:47 PM
Hmmm. 3rd in the league. Unbeaten away from home including wins at Ibrox and Motherwell. This place unreal at times

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think it's more to do with the disappointment of not pushing into 2nd due to some poor results where we would expect the 3 points or solidly cementing 3rd as the Huns slip up again, as it stands they've a game in hand and just 2 points behind.

A Hi-Bee
25-11-2017, 08:03 PM

We need Henderson to deliver........

HFCdeb
25-11-2017, 08:05 PM
Did Hanlon no score from a corner a few weeks ago? Up at Ross county.

Yes he did and I was there lol God knows how I forgot that. I still don't think we threaten enough from set plays, though.

Borderhibbie76
25-11-2017, 08:28 PM

Sent from my SM-G935F using TapatalkIndeed mate [emoji85][emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
25-11-2017, 08:29 PM
Yes he did and I was there lol God knows how I forgot that. I still don't think we threaten enough from set plays, though.McGinn is extremely wasteful from set pieces...it's infuriating at times...over hits countless corners and made a right hash of last min free kick today

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Zazu62
25-11-2017, 08:34 PM
Our corners are brutal. We are playing well tho.

Hibee Mac
25-11-2017, 08:37 PM
Lots of people saying we should have put them away with all our chances, is it just me who thinks we barely had any?

We may have had more possession but our back line look uncomfortable playing out, partly because Bartley (love him when we need him) doesn't need to be playing as he doesn't offer much in terms of passing and movement.

Up front we have some decent players in Boyle, Barker and Murray but they are anonymous for half the game (Barker and Murray more than Boyle tbh).

In short, I don't think we played well at all and although Hamilton played crap and scored with their only shot of the game I don't think we can really say we deserved to win it.

RamYer1902
25-11-2017, 08:38 PM
I'm not buying that a point against Hamilton is a "good point", it's far from it.

Another chance this week to put a gap between ourselves and the teams around us but we blew it.

We played okay and were by far and away the better side but if you don't take your chances then you can have no complaints.

Didn't think it was a foul on Bartley personally, he was too soft. Ambrose should've done better and it was woeful from Ofir too.

Another frustrating day as our play merited the win, especially based on 1st half performance which was superb, making it all the more confusing as to why we changed shape at half time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bristolhibby
25-11-2017, 08:38 PM
39% possession, 0 corners, 1 shot at goal, on target and scored...
Kick in the stanes like

I vaguely remember a game at Easter Road on the telly (might have been Hamilton) where we lost 1-2 and the opposition had one shot on target.

The second goal was an OG.

Standard.

J

lyonhibs
25-11-2017, 08:44 PM
Dominating all stats except goals scored has been a Hibs trait since Stubbs' time,. How today can be rated as "unbelievable" escapes me. What also escapes me is how we've not got more ruthless but that's the wonderful conundrum that is Hibernian Football Club.

JohnM1875
25-11-2017, 08:59 PM
Lots of people saying we should have put them away with all our chances, is it just me who thinks we barely had any?

We may have had more possession but our back line look uncomfortable playing out, partly because Bartley (love him when we need him) doesn't need to be playing as he doesn't offer much in terms of passing and movement.

Up front we have some decent players in Boyle, Barker and Murray but they are anonymous for half the game (Barker and Murray more than Boyle tbh).

In short, I don't think we played well at all and although Hamilton played crap and scored with their only shot of the game I don't think we can really say we deserved to win it.

We had the Murray header from Barker cross, Boyle shot straight at the keeper and the Hanlon header from the corner off the top of my head that could all have been goals. They genuinely had one shot on target and scored. So yes, I do think we should have put them away with our chances. Totally agree about Murray and Barker being posted anonymous for far too much in a 90 minute period though.

snooky
25-11-2017, 09:30 PM
I would be a lot more worried if we're not making any of the chances we are missing. Not great but it could be a damn sight worse

Phil MaGlass
25-11-2017, 10:23 PM
Were struggling against less than average teams, we show up for the big games, theres definitely a problem somewhere, if u think because were 3rd everythings rosy then yir a complete erse that has blinkers on, not aimed at anyone in particular.
If you cant pulll yir socks up for these games then yir not good enough. I always thought that we had the team to compete with anyone but again I will say we have a team either of lazy *******s or a manager that cant get the best out of a decent set of players, mibbe I am wrong who knows

Oh and by the way, a big f,n well done tae Scotland today, proud man, f,n proud

monktonharp
25-11-2017, 10:44 PM
It's been said numerous times but we need more goals from midfield.that in itself is one of our main problems. to get 11 corners, against their 0 corners tells us that we don't have the "nonce" to get something from those situations. I was very happy yet frustrated with our outfield play but the corner thing is annoying.I was perplexed though, with SJM 's late free kick in a scoring position. the wall was huge, and this was not helped by some silly movement by our own players who decided to add 3 to the wall !! .

Mr White
25-11-2017, 11:12 PM
that in itself is one of our main problems. to get 11 corners, against their 0 corners tells us that we don't have the "nonce" to get something from those situations. I was very happy yet frustrated with our outfield play but the corner thing is annoying.I was perplexed though, with SJM 's late free kick in a scoring position. the wall was huge, and this was not helped by some silly movement by our own players who decided to add 3 to the wall !! .

While I share your frustration about wasted set piece opportunities I think it's worth remembering corner stats can often be a bit misleading. This game is the ultimate exhibit of that:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30559314

Sevco got 8 corners. We got none but won 4 nil.

stoneyburn hibs
25-11-2017, 11:19 PM
While I share your frustration about wasted set piece opportunities I think it's worth remembering corner stats can often be a bit misleading. This game is the ultimate exhibit of that:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30559314

Sevco got 8 corners. We got none but won 4 nil.

Corners, Hibs, Sevco. Thanks mate.

Mr White
25-11-2017, 11:21 PM
Corners, Hibs, Sevco. Thanks mate.

There's the reason that stat has stuck in my mind :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
25-11-2017, 11:22 PM
There's the reason that stat has stuck in my mind :greengrin

Sweet dreams.

Mr White
25-11-2017, 11:27 PM
Sweet dreams.

Eh.... cheers...

You too :aok:

Fife-Hibee
25-11-2017, 11:30 PM
I’ve not read any of the above’ but I thought big Marv was fouled just before they scored 😡 but my biggest bug barer is why do we take our foot off the peddle when we’re 1 nil up grrrrrrrr ITS NOT OVER TILL ITS BLOODY OVER !!! Sorry for the rant I’m half pissed !! 😡

NAE NOOKIE
26-11-2017, 12:30 AM
It's not even close to unbelievable. I can think of 10 games off the top of my head in the last 4 years that have followed a similar pattern, with a bit effort I could probably get a fair few more as well.

Games that end like todays are an ongoing issue that needs resolved.

Absolutely ..... We cant keep having the lions share of possession the most shots and the most corners in 70% of our games and come away with draws and defeats. In truth our away form has been excellent, unbeaten away at this point of the season is good in anyone's book, if we were winning our home games instead of drawing and losing them we would be having a cracking season.

For all that today was a disappointing result considering we could and should have won it, its still an away point which is never bad ... its our home form that's the problem.

Hibernia&Alba
26-11-2017, 05:02 AM
Should have won at a jog; not clinical/ruthless enough once again. Definitely two points dropped and another chance to make a real claim for second goes begging. It's frustrating.

greenpaper55
26-11-2017, 08:22 AM
A year ago we could have hardly believed how well we would do in the SPL, fair enough we could be winning more but the manner in which we play and dominate games away from home is astounding. Gone are the days of going to the likes of Hamilton and not turning up is a sign of huge progress.

eastcoasthibby
26-11-2017, 08:33 AM
We need Henderson to deliver........

We need players to aggressively attack the ball as well ....I dont understand why professional footballers cant work on putting good quality crosses into the box ?? Same as finishing chances, back at the chances to goal ratio being about 1 ; 7 , same as its been for past 3 years !! nowhere near good enough, accepting its ok because we are in a decent league position, reflects standards and expectations ..!!!

HFCdeb
26-11-2017, 09:27 AM
that in itself is one of our main problems. to get 11 corners, against their 0 corners tells us that we don't have the "nonce" to get something from those situations. I was very happy yet frustrated with our outfield play but the corner thing is annoying.I was perplexed though, with SJM 's late free kick in a scoring position. the wall was huge, and this was not helped by some silly movement by our own players who decided to add 3 to the wall !! .

Yeah I'm the same, very happy with our overall play because we dominate most games but I feel our set plays are wasted all too frequently. Hoping the Kris Commons rumours are true for that reason alone.

IGRIGI
26-11-2017, 09:38 AM
I could take 1 or 2 of these results as they will always come up every now or then but it's a big issue if it's happening almost week in week out.

For where we should be as a club with our resources and size we should never accept a point away to Hamilton or be coming out with nonsense like "any point away from home is a bonus".

Happy to see where we are in the table but we should be clear in 2nd.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-11-2017, 04:32 PM

I'm quite glad there are no nonces in the Hibs team.

Hibbyradge
26-11-2017, 05:14 PM
I'm quite glad there are no nonces in the Hibs team.

:faf:

I'm glad you had the nous to post that.