PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen accounts

Ozyhibby
25-11-2017, 02:28 AM
https://www.afc.co.uk/2017/11/25/latest-accounts-show-strong-results-aberdeen-football-club/

On smaller crowds than we get they have a wage bill the same size as our turnover.
Their commercial department must be doing some voodoo or something. Amazing figures. Their income is almost double ours.
A good question for anyone going to the age would be to ask how we think Aberdeen manage this and what plan do we have to be able to match it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigstu
25-11-2017, 03:09 AM
“The overall turnover increased by almost £2millon, down to the appearance in both domestic cup finals and the net sale proceeds from the transfer of Jonny Hayes to Celtic.”

bigstu
25-11-2017, 03:14 AM
Aberdeen are in a great position as, as well as having a decent turnover, they have some very wealthy investors. Aside from the very wealthy Mr Milne, they have secured large investments from at least 4 other millionaires in recent years.
Aberdeen as a city is going through a difficult time right now but on the whole it is a very wealthy place & individuals have cash to burn

PompeyHibs
25-11-2017, 05:45 AM
It looks like four main factors make up the difference between Hibs and Aberdeen’s turnover

1. SPFL prize money +£2mil
2. Investors £3.3mil
3. Sale of Johnny Hayes (guessing £2mil)
4. Two cup finals +£500k (guess)

These three things = +£7.8mil which is about half of Aberdeen’s Turnover

Impressive results from the sheep.

A decent finish in the league by Hibs with the continued support from the fans i think Hibs Turnover will increase to about £9mil for 17/18
(Increase mainly due to SPFL prize money)

Borderhibbie76
25-11-2017, 06:55 AM
However they have a dilapidated ground and no training facilities...that will come home to roost shortly....then we will be in a position hopefully to overtake them

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
25-11-2017, 08:18 AM
On the OP's point on how Hibs can match it - the last 2 job specs I've seen published by Hibs (sales manager and communications director) have "maximising revenue streams" in the job description. I think it's something we're aware of and trying to address.

Finishing this season in 4th or higher, along with the extra gate receipts this year should see a large increase in our income - might even be worth winning the cup again too. But I do think we should be looking at ways to maximise revenues outside of football, using the assets we have (ER and East mains) which I think we're making progress with.

Are our full accounts online yet? They werent on companies house yesterday.

Jack
25-11-2017, 08:50 AM
On the OP's point on how Hibs can match it - the last 2 job specs I've seen published by Hibs (sales manager and communications director) have "maximising revenue streams" in the job description. I think it's something we're aware of and trying to address.

Finishing this season in 4th or higher, along with the extra gate receipts this year should see a large increase in our income - might even be worth winning the cup again too. But I do think we should be looking at ways to maximise revenues outside of football, using the assets we have (ER and East mains) which I think we're making progress with.

Are our full accounts online yet? They werent on companies house yesterday.

Indeed. It's up to Neil Lennon and his team to get the best results on the pitch and Leeann Dempsters team to get the best results off it.

Caversham Green
25-11-2017, 09:18 AM
There's a breakdown of their turnover on page 18 of their accounts - as they're a plc they are legally obliged to show this, Hibs aren't so don't.

They are obviously doing much more 'commercial' stuff than us (or Hearts) as that part of the turnover is £4.6m against Hearts £2.6m. They also have around 30 more staff than us - presumably doing more stuff in-house?

The other point of interest comparing their turnover with Hearts is that their UEFA solidarity and prize money was only £1.08m compared with Hearts' £2.578m despite the Dons apparently having a much better season - how did that happen?

CropleyWasGod
25-11-2017, 09:18 AM

Are our full accounts online yet? They werent on companies house yesterday.They probably won't be until they're approved at the AGM.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
25-11-2017, 09:26 AM
There's a breakdown of their turnover on page 18 of their accounts - as they're a plc they are legally obliged to show this, Hibs aren't so don't.

They are obviously doing much more 'commercial' stuff than us (or Hearts) as that part of the turnover is £4.6m against Hearts £2.6m. They also have around 30 more staff than us - presumably doing more stuff in-house?

The other point of interest comparing their turnover with Hearts is that their UEFA solidarity and prize money was only £1.08m compared with Hearts' £2.578m despite the Dons apparently having a much better season - how did that happen?

I thought that was strange too - I figured they'd made that line only for eufa and their domestic prize money was in "commercial". It just made sense with the figures quoted and the hearts comparison.

danhibees1875
25-11-2017, 09:27 AM
They probably won't be until they're approved at the AGM.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Makes sense :aok:

I'm sure they used to get posted in full before the AGM - maybe that was people scanning them in rather than companies house.

Thanks.

Spike Mandela
25-11-2017, 09:28 AM
.... “but, but without a strong Rangers Scottish football will die”:cb

greenginger
25-11-2017, 09:32 AM

The commercial stuff is helped enormously by Aberdeen being a one team city.

My daughter works for an American owned multi-national is the oil servicing sector and they spend a lot of cash at football club.

She says there are lots of companies up do this as they all have budgets for local good-will purposes and taking a few clients to the footie is a legit. spend.

weecounty hibby
25-11-2017, 09:33 AM
.... “but, but without a strong Rangers Scottish football will die”:cb

But remember these accounts will be for a period when the rangers were back in the league. Therefore it is purely down to them that Aberdeen have had increased turnover. Regan and Doncaster were right all along!!!!