PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) Who would win a match between Everton and West Ham?

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-11-2017, 07:12 PM
2 teams devoid of football just now.

Lancs Harp
24-11-2017, 07:14 PM

Was just thinking about that myself. Both shocking at the moment.

weecounty hibby
24-11-2017, 07:16 PM
Everton obviously. But I'm biased that way. WH look absolutely dreadful though. They have nothing about them at all, this could be a very long night for them

Hibs90
24-11-2017, 07:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPajGz5XcAEtLo4.jpg:large

Lancs Harp
24-11-2017, 07:20 PM
Everton obviously. But I'm biased that way. WH look absolutely dreadful though. They have nothing about them at all, this could be a very long night for them

Did you see Everton last night? Quite possibly the poorest performance in Europe from an English team I have ever seen.

weecounty hibby
24-11-2017, 07:22 PM
Did you see Everton last night? Quite possibly the poorest performance in Europe from an English team I have ever seen.

No didn't see them, if they were worse than this West Ham team they must have been honking

Lancs Harp
24-11-2017, 07:24 PM
No didn't see them, if they were worse than this West Ham team they must have been honking

Like the op says, who would win between the two? Both really struggling at the moment. I wasnt being funny btw Everton were simply dreadful last night. edit to add 1-5 actually flattered them

Smartie
24-11-2017, 07:26 PM
Anyone who thinks that David Moyes is the man to get West Ham out of this mess deserves to be relegated. If they had any sense they'd get rid of him now.

He is a slightly less direct version of Terry Butcher. He is "sensible, realistic and pragmatic" and will be telling players who may or may not be good enough that they aren't good enough.

Their already-fragile confidence will drop like a stone.

Unless he's given hundreds of millions to spend in January so he can rid of practically everyone, they're toast.

weecounty hibby
24-11-2017, 07:27 PM
Like the op says, who would win between the two? Both really struggling at the moment. I wasnt being funny btw Everton were simply dreadful last night. edit to add 1-5 actually flattered them
Worrying times. Big investment in the summer wasted. Need to dig deep and get away from the foot of the table

Hibernia&Alba
24-11-2017, 07:33 PM
We'll soon find out: they play each other next Wednesday, and defeat foe either would be massive.

Just said on the today's game thread that both have spent big to go miles backwards. Neither side can defend to save their lives, nor do they have any pace. I hope both survive; they are good old fashioned clubs. I have more confidence in Everton's ability to avoid the drop, but they are also really bad just now.

Firestarter
24-11-2017, 07:39 PM
Moyes will turn it round and West Ham will win tonight. The atmosphere is pants mind.

Lancs Harp
24-11-2017, 07:40 PM
Moyes will turn it round and West Ham will win tonight. The atmosphere is pants mind.

To be fair thats quite understandable.

Firestarter
24-11-2017, 07:43 PM
To be fair thats quite understandable.

True but in comparison to Upton Park even in the bad times? It's **** watching the hammers with no noise in the background. You can hear the players here. It's no St James' but there surely has to be better.

Firestarter
24-11-2017, 07:45 PM
Goal!

Lancs Harp
24-11-2017, 07:46 PM
True but in comparison to Upton Park even in the bad times? It's **** watching the hammers with no noise in the background. You can hear the players here. It's no St James' but there surely has to be better.

We've all been in grounds when the atmosphere is dire though when things arent going too well and all you can hear is the tuts. I'd include Easter Road in that too, many times in fact.

Lancs Harp
24-11-2017, 07:48 PM
With David Moyes as manager and Andy Carroll up front its never going to be very easy on the eye is it? .... and it isnt. :wink:

Firestarter
24-11-2017, 07:50 PM
We've all been in grounds when the atmosphere is dire though when things arent going too well and all you can hear is the tuts. I'd include Easter Road in that too, many times in fact.

Never heard Upton Park like that and to be honest not seen many of their matches since they moved to the Olympic Stadium.

gaz1875
24-11-2017, 07:52 PM

Probably 0 - 0 draw so no one :yawn:

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-11-2017, 07:55 PM
Never heard Upton Park like that and to be honest not seen many of their matches since they moved to the Olympic Stadium.

I've not been down since they moved, new place looks like a sterile, corporate shell.

chinaman
24-11-2017, 07:58 PM
What! Worse than iceland pxxxxxg on the over paid , arrogant superstars.
Atalanta are an excellent football club , great blend of youth and experience and hard work, plus a top youth policy.
Off course everton were bad and the FIVE the little italian peasants battered past the uber rich english team doesn't count cause a mickey mouse cup isn't worth winning

Lancs Harp
24-11-2017, 08:03 PM
What! Worse than iceland pxxxxxg on the over paid , arrogant superstars.
Atalanta are an excellent football club , great blend of youth and experience and hard work, plus a top youth policy.
Off course everton were bad and the FIVE the little italian peasants battered past the uber rich english team doesn't count cause a mickey mouse cup isn't worth winning

Atalanta are a more than decent team fella. It doesnt alter the fact that Everton were bl00dy awful. Quite what Englad v Iceland has got to do with it Im not sure. Chill out its the weekend.:wink:

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2017, 08:05 PM
West Ham easily. Evertons defence are void of any confidence and, honestly, any ability. Andy Carroll is a big huddy but he would eat Michael Keane and Ashley Williams alive on current form.

Hibernia&Alba
24-11-2017, 08:06 PM
Atalanta are a more than decent team fella. It doesnt alter the fact that Everton were bl00dy awful. Quite what Englad v Iceland has got to do with it Im not sure. Chill out its the weekend.:wink:

They are eleventh in Serie A, and I think I heard this is only their second ever season in Europe. They shouldn't be scoring five at Goodison; they aren't Juventus.

Dunbar Hibee
24-11-2017, 08:06 PM
We'll find out on Wednesday...

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-11-2017, 08:17 PM
They are eleventh in Serie A, and I think I heard this is only their second ever season in Europe. They shouldn't be scoring five at Goodison; they aren't Juventus.

Last night was their first away win of the season, as they finished Everton as a club the game v The Hammers may never take place.

Firestarter
24-11-2017, 08:22 PM
I've not been down since they moved, new place looks like a sterile, corporate shell.

A sad state of affairs mate.

Lancs Harp
24-11-2017, 08:47 PM
Perhaps we should add Rangers to this. A British mini super league, Everton, West Ham and Rangers.

To be fair West Ham have done reasonably well in the second half and even the atmosphere picked up.

Smartie
24-11-2017, 08:50 PM
Perhaps we should add Rangers to this. A British mini super league, Everton, West Ham and Rangers.

To be fair West Ham have done reasonably well in the second half and even the atmosphere picked up.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

At the very least the players have battled for everything and that gave their fans a lift.

The shambolic start and the poisonous atmosphere could have let to this game being a catastrophe for them.

They came into the game a bit better late in the first half and that goal was absolutely massive for them.

It's not pretty but they carry a fair old threat from crosses and set pieces.

--------
24-11-2017, 09:27 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought.

At the very least the players have battled for everything and that gave their fans a lift.

The shambolic start and the poisonous atmosphere could have let to this game being a catastrophe for them.

They came into the game a bit better late in the first half and that goal was absolutely massive for them.

It's not pretty but they carry a fair old threat from crosses and set pieces.

I really do hope Moyes manages to turn the Hammers around. He comes over as a fairly decent guy and (don't ask me why) I've always had a soft spot for West Ham.

The board has done the team no favours in moving them to the London Stadium - having to play their first three games away from home because the stadium they lease wasn't available to them was ridiculous and losing those games was the worst possible start to this season. It takes time to acclimatise to a new playing environment, especially one so different from what they were used to at Upton Park.

The Leicester goal was a terrible one to lose - defending a school team would be ashamed of - but fair play they fought back and though it wasn't pretty they got a point and by fulltime the atmosphere seemed a lot more positive than at the start.

IIRC they play Everton midweek? If they can win that one that may be the lift they need, but I would think that it's a holding operation up to Christmas, positive action in the transfer window (some of those players are hardly Championship standard, never mind EPL) and hopefully better times in 2018.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-11-2017, 10:27 PM
The Hammers have to take something (preferably a win) v Everton, they have a terrible run of games pre-christmas.

blackpoolhibs
24-11-2017, 11:46 PM
Not seen a lot of West Ham this season, but i have seen way too much of Everton for my liking. If West Ham don't beat Everton, they may as well pack up and fold.

Everton are Pish, in fact they take pish to a new level.

I'd go as far to say that Hibs would give them a good game, FFS even herts would.

pacorosssco
25-11-2017, 12:18 AM
Not seen a lot of West Ham this season, but i have seen way too much of Everton for my liking. If West Ham don't beat Everton, they may as well pack up and fold.

Everton are Pish, in fact they take pish to a new level.

I'd go as far to say that Hibs would give them a good game, FFS even herts would.

Everton best of the rest last year but relagation fodder this year with biggest summer spend ever. Goals are difference outside top 6. Losing lukakus goals is difference. I think moyes will keep west ham up and everton will also be safe but will need a new manager asap

Pete
25-11-2017, 09:11 AM
Like most of these often discussed match-ups, It’s a shame we'll never find out.

heretoday
25-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Everton best of the rest last year but relagation fodder this year with biggest summer spend ever. Goals are difference outside top 6. Losing lukakus goals is difference. I think moyes will keep west ham up and everton will also be safe but will need a new manager asap

They're run by blokes with more money than sense.

They should have had a guy lined up before sacking Koeman.

hfc rd
25-11-2017, 11:02 AM
I won’t be suprised if both teams go down this year.

weecounty hibby
29-11-2017, 08:32 PM
Everton!!!! :-)

Haymaker
29-11-2017, 08:56 PM
****ing hell. As a west ham sympathiser, this is embarrassing

norhfc
29-11-2017, 09:15 PM
Who would watch a game between these two. :rolleyes:

heretoday
29-11-2017, 10:08 PM
It was some game tonight!

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-11-2017, 10:44 PM
****ing hell. As a west ham sympathiser, this is embarrassing

never saw it, worrying times though.

--------
30-11-2017, 12:24 AM
never saw it, worrying times though.

It was awful. At 7.30pm most folks would have considered Everton probably one of the 2 or 3 most desirable opponents to have to play in a 'must-win' game.

They blew West Ham away completely.

theonlywayisup
30-11-2017, 06:16 AM
Moyes says a massive improvement in the second half!!! Something for the West Ham fans to feel positive about.

"Not good in the first half but a massive improvement at half-time. We didn't deserve that final score. Mistakes cost us.

"The missed penalty was the turning point. It looked too difficult a challenge once we didn't score it. We never really got at it from the start. We allowed them to get a bit of confidence.

"I think we saw some positive signs in the second half. It didn't go for us when we needed it. There were a lot of small things we needed to go for us."

Tom Hart RIP
30-11-2017, 07:32 AM
Goal of the season from Rooney. World class

SJNB Hibby
30-11-2017, 03:00 PM
Moyes says a massive improvement in the second half!!! Something for the West Ham fans to feel positive about.

"Not good in the first half but a massive improvement at half-time. We didn't deserve that final score. Mistakes cost us.

"The missed penalty was the turning point. It looked too difficult a challenge once we didn't score it. We never really got at it from the start. We allowed them to get a bit of confidence.

"I think we saw some positive signs in the second half. It didn't go for us when we needed it. There were a lot of small things we needed to go for us."

On TV over here, right before the penalty there was a graphic showing where the lad aimed his last three penalty's---down low and to the goalies right---exactly where he put it

Hibernia&Alba
30-11-2017, 03:28 PM
It's looking bleak for the Hammers. Next three fixtures are Man City (a), Chelsea (h), Arsenal (h). They'll do very well to get two points from those three. I just watched the post-match pint on West Ham Fan TV on You Tube; let's say it isn't a happy ship.