PDA

View Full Version : Team v Hamilton

Bishop Hibee
24-11-2017, 04:20 PM
I’d bring in McGeoch for Stokes. No other changes for me although Lennon may drop Barker for McGeoch if making any changes. Anyone know if McGregor will make the bench?

Fergus52
24-11-2017, 04:51 PM
I'd like to see us try a 4-3-3 with a midfield of Slivka-McGeouch-Mcginn and a forward line of Boyle-Murray-Barker/Stokes.

Bit harsh on Bartley to drop out but I think that the 3 I picked have enough grit and defensive nous between them to protect the defense. Bartley often slows down our play during the transition phase, taking a long time on the ball just to make a simple sideways pass, which lets the other team get back into position.

I'd like to see McGeouch sitting deep, collecting the ball from the defense and dictating the play, with Slivka and McGinn doing more of the leg work and pressing in midfield then getting forward and making runs into the box when we do have the ball.

I think that team would strike a good balance between having numbers in the middle of the park and carrying a decent attacking threat. Our team against St Johnstone was strong on paper but we really struggled to control the midfield and rarely got the ball to our attacking 4 quick enough. Getting Slivka and McGeough in midfield should help us move the ball quicker into the attacking phase. Despite losing the defensive shield of Bartley, having those three in the middle should still be enough in midfield to help out the defence.

Smartie
24-11-2017, 05:02 PM
Get back to the team that had been doing so well for us, only change is McGeouch in for Stokes.

Leaves us a good few options on the bench, and we need to be prepared to make early, decisive changes to personnel and formation if (for any reason) it's not going our way.

B.H.F.C
24-11-2017, 05:09 PM
McGeough in for Barker, front 3 of Boyle, Murray and Stokes.

Whittaker for Gray if fit.

Hibs90
24-11-2017, 05:14 PM
GK Marciano

DR Gray
DC Ambrose
DC Hanlon
DL Stevenson

MCR Slivka
MCL McGeouch
DM Bartley

AMC McGinn

ST Big Davy
ST Murray

Pretty Boy
24-11-2017, 05:26 PM
..................Marciano..............

Gray....Ambrose...Hanlon...Stevenson

..................Bartley...............

.....McGinn..............McGeough...

Boyle............................Stokes.

...............Murray................

If it was at home I'd be tempted to go 352 and replace Bartley with Slivka and also drop Gray out but away I think we need Marvin. Stokes and Stevenson generally link well on the left and with Stokes tendency to drop deep or wide we may as well make that his role, if we get him on the ball he'll be a threat. If McGeough is fit he has to play and Murray is better as a lone striker than as part of a 2 imo.

danhibees1875
24-11-2017, 05:31 PM

If it was at home I'd be tempted to go 352 and replace Bartley with Slivka and also drop Gray out but away I think we need Marvin. Stokes and Stevenson generally link well on the left and with Stokes tendency to drop deep or wide we may as well make that his role, if we get him on the ball he'll be a threat. If McGeough is fit he has to play and Murray is better as a lone striker than as part of a 2 imo.

:agree:

Souter96Mac
24-11-2017, 05:31 PM
Might be a rash shout but I'd be inclined to play Whittaker at left back instead of Lewy. Although I was pleased to see him back into the team before our run of wins, I think the last couple of games he's been found out a bit, with a couple goals coming that side. And I was at the St Johnstone game and I don't think he partnered well with stokes on the left, and whilst I know Whitty isn't a natural left back, he's a better threat going forward. Depends if he is fit or not of course, but I wouldn't mind a slight change.

wookie70
24-11-2017, 05:51 PM
Might be a rash shout but I'd be inclined to play Whittaker at left back instead of Lewy. Although I was pleased to see him back into the team before our run of wins, I think the last couple of games he's been found out a bit, with a couple goals coming that side. And I was at the St Johnstone game and I don't think he partnered well with stokes on the left, and whilst I know Whitty isn't a natural left back, he's a better threat going forward. Depends if he is fit or not of course, but I wouldn't mind a slight change.
The cross came from one of the best players in the league on Lewis' side. The goals came from the marking and defending in the middle at least as much. Whittaker wasn't great at left back and I'm we could do with him back on the other side as Lewis has had a better season than SDG

Steve20
24-11-2017, 05:57 PM
McGeouch in for Barker. No way should we drop Stokes - he’s our best forward.

HFCdeb
24-11-2017, 06:38 PM

This for me too.

wookie70
24-11-2017, 06:43 PM
McGeouch in for Barker. No way should we drop Stokes - he’s our best forward. I can see why Lennon wants to fit Stokes in but he needs to find a system that it will work. The system against St Johnstone just didn't work. To me Stokes needs players close to him. He is brilliant at short passes and spotting movement. Yes he can play longer balls too but I most like Stokes in tight situations but when he has options. Most of the time he plays up top with Murray he is miles away from his partner. Stokes has been decent this year but our best striker by a mile last year was Jason and he was dropped very quickly by Lennon.
If we play Stokes I would like us to give 4-3-3 a go with Boyle joining Stokes and Murray. The only other option is to replace Barker with Stokes playing on the left of midfield but with an option to wander. He plays there anyway when he is up front. Stokes can't play up front on his one as he is far too lazy.
I'm a great believer in consistency in selection and keeping a winning team. I would revert back to the team that started when we were on that run of winning games. I have a feeling Swanson is the player that we could really do with. We could play him in place of Barker and I think he would get close to Stokes and could form a partnership. He never started the season well but was involved in quite a few goals and always looked lively

truehibernian
24-11-2017, 06:43 PM
If Stokes and Barker are struggling with a bug, I'd be tempted to start Murray with Oli Shaw - Shaw plays most of his football on synthetic pitches too which could be a bonus.

Sir David Gray
24-11-2017, 06:48 PM
If McGeouch is fit, it's absolutely vital that he plays.

JohnMcM
24-11-2017, 07:12 PM
I can see why Lennon wants to fit Stokes in but he needs to find a system that it will work. The system against St Johnstone just didn't work. To me Stokes needs players close to him. He is brilliant at short passes and spotting movement. Yes he can play longer balls too but I most like Stokes in tight situations but when he has options.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Seems to me that your next sentence could well have been ",,,,,,,,,such as Oli Shaw or Murray close to him, we have goals?

wookie70
24-11-2017, 07:16 PM
If McGeouch is fit, it's absolutely vital that he plays. I think the same but after watching the St Johnstone goals I think Dylan needs to have a think about either his commitment or his fitness. If he was carrying a knock to the point he couldn't even make a reasonable effort to track back then he needs to stay off the bench and pitch. I'd liked to see Fraser Murray start to get a chance. Not starting but coming on for the last 15 or 20 if we need to liven things up or get a goal. Like Swanson he could be the missing link between midfield and the strikers

NOLA
25-11-2017, 09:23 AM
With rangers losing last night it’s crucial we get something from today’s game. It will be a battle. Need to win our challenges before showing our quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
25-11-2017, 09:30 AM
GK Marciano

DR Gray
DC Ambrose
DC Hanlon
DL Stevenson

MCR Slivka
MCL McGeouch
DM Bartley

AMC McGinn

ST Big Davy
ST Murray

Dropping Boyle would be absolute madness.

Stuart93
25-11-2017, 09:35 AM
Marciano

Stevenson
Ambrose
Hanlon
Whittaker

Bartley
Mcgeouch
Mcginn

Boyle
Murray
Barker

Tyler Durden
25-11-2017, 09:44 AM

I don't think it's rash at all. Stevenson has been quite poor for weeks now.

Taking him out for one or two games might do him the world of good, especially with such a busy December just round the corner.

Brightside
25-11-2017, 10:00 AM
We don’t need Bartley today but will probably play him. 1-1

Hibee Mac
25-11-2017, 10:49 AM
Sounds like David Gray and Whittaker are both doubts, could mean we are forced to go with 3 at the back with Stevenson and Boyle as wing backs.

Northernhibee
25-11-2017, 11:40 AM
Marciano

Efe
Hanlon
Porteous

Boyle
Lewis

McGinn
McGeouch
Slivka

Stokes
Murray

Hibee Mac
25-11-2017, 11:47 AM
Marciano

Efe
Hanlon
Porteous

Boyle
Lewis

McGinn
McGeouch
Slivka

Stokes
Murray

This would be my team based on what's available today.

hfc rd
25-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Marciano

Efe
Hanlon
Porteous

Boyle
Lewis

McGinn
McGeouch
Slivka

Stokes
Murray

I’d go with this team as well

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-11-2017, 12:16 PM
I don't think it's rash at all. Stevenson has been quite poor for weeks now.

Taking him out for one or two games might do him the world of good, especially with such a busy December just round the corner.

Whittaker at left back did not work when we played Dundee away.

Golden Bear
25-11-2017, 12:18 PM
It won't be easy, but I think I'll impose a "black out" and then watch the entire game "live" on Alba at 6pm.

Ozyhibby
25-11-2017, 12:29 PM
Marciano

Stevenson
Hanlon
Ambrose
Gray

Bartley
McGeogh
McGinn

Stokes
Boyle
Murray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthRoadHibee
25-11-2017, 12:47 PM
It won't be easy, but I think I'll impose a "black out" and then watch the entire game "live" on Alba at 6pm.

Doing the exact same GB. Working until 6pm, phone off at 3, back on again after watching this and the Liverpool Chelsea game 😁

rotherhamrob
25-11-2017, 12:57 PM
Doing the exact same GB. Working until 6pm, phone off at 3, back on again after watching this and the Liverpool Chelsea game 😁

Serious question,have we ever won or played well when we've been on alba? If we have it must have been a while ago as I can't remember it.

Bishop Hibee
25-11-2017, 01:01 PM
Serious question,have we ever won or played well when we've been on alba? If we have it must have been a while ago as I can't remember it.

I think we beat Dumbarton away with Malonga scoring.

rotherhamrob
25-11-2017, 01:10 PM
I think we beat Dumbarton away with Malonga scoring.
Cheers,genuinely didn't know.

RoYO!
25-11-2017, 01:11 PM
Stokes is our best forward. If he plays tho S Murray may very well be murder. Seen it happen too many times. I think SM relishes being the guy who is relied upon and has a much greater impact when played on his own.

So I'd only play one of them. Over run the middle. Think SM would be better as an impact player against tired players. All imo of course :)

Onceinawhile
25-11-2017, 01:43 PM

I'm sure we beat st Johnstone when sparky scored from a corner.

oneone73
25-11-2017, 01:45 PM
Won against Livi, too, I think. Danny Handling was excellent that day.

JimBHibees
25-11-2017, 01:55 PM

Dundee United 3 nil game at ER last season was on alba.

guthrie01
25-11-2017, 02:00 PM
Stokes not in squad, McGregor on bench

lord bunberry
25-11-2017, 02:01 PM

yonder1875
25-11-2017, 02:02 PM
Anyone know what's up with Stokes?

Zazu62
25-11-2017, 02:02 PM
Stokes unwell i heard

weecounty hibby