PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this would be an option for Easter Road?

theonlywayisup
23-11-2017, 02:06 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42097124

No "budgie smugglers" allowed!!

hibbyfraelibby
23-11-2017, 02:10 PM
Finally a use for the corners...

Alan62
23-11-2017, 02:39 PM
Finally a use for the corners...

I can see it now: a suspended infinity pool heated to 38ºC between the North and East Stands with a magnificent hanging garden at the back tended by scantily clad, bronzed model types who bring exotic cocktails to the pool throughout the 90 minutes of the match. It would have its own hawk perched majestically in a palm tree, its steely gaze terrifying even the most gallus of half-time gulls. Entrance to the Easter Road Infinitarium would, naturally, be restricted to uber-fans and, for the sake of modesty, regulated by an extraordinarily narrow turnstile.

All we need now is an overproduction of Chinese steel and the dream could be a reality.

Alfiembra
23-11-2017, 02:42 PM
I can see it now: a suspended infinity pool heated to 38ºC between the North and East Stands with a magnificent hanging garden at the back tended by scantily clad, bronzed model types who bring exotic cocktails to the pool throughout the 90 minutes of the match. It would have its own hawk perched majestically in a palm tree, its steely gaze terrifying even the most gallus of half-time gulls. Entrance to the Easter Road Infinitarium would, naturally, be restricted to uber-fans and, for the sake of modesty, regulated by an extraordinarily narrow turnstile.

All we need now is an overproduction of Chinese steel and the dream could be a reality.

Female I'm guessing? :greengrin

snooky
23-11-2017, 02:57 PM
You'd have to win the Pools to get that.

Alan62
23-11-2017, 02:58 PM
I think in these modern times that the bronzed lovelies would be recruited on a fair and equal basis that wasn't skewed by any gender stereotypes.

Hi Heid Yin
23-11-2017, 03:05 PM

:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

PatHead
23-11-2017, 03:46 PM
What have you got against lobster red skin?

Alan62
23-11-2017, 03:47 PM
What have you got against lobster red skin?

The lobsters drive the gulls wild. Best to avoid.

The Pointer
23-11-2017, 04:18 PM
Would it only be for season ticket holders or would 10% be walk-ups?

cabbageandribs1875
23-11-2017, 04:28 PM
looks like the gadgy at the front is doing something nawty in the pool :confused:

Alan62
23-11-2017, 04:50 PM
Would it only be for season ticket holders or would 10% be walk-ups?

Über-fans only. Season ticket, .net PM, Hibs TV, HSL, private shareholder, 0-7 and 6-2 attendee and ITK with sources as absolute minimum qualifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
23-11-2017, 04:57 PM
Über-fans only. Season ticket, .net PM, Hibs TV, HSL, private shareholder, 0-7 and 6-2 attendee and ITK with sources as absolute minimum qualifications.

Aw, count me out on two of these. I really really really must do better.

AltheHibby
23-11-2017, 07:46 PM

The thought of someone old enough to have been at the 0-7 turning up there in budgie smugglers may well keep me awake tonight. 😲

Jumbo
23-11-2017, 07:59 PM
Did they not have that at Falkirk one game last season :confused:

Michael
23-11-2017, 07:59 PM

Jim Jeffries has as many qualifications as me!

Carheenlea
23-11-2017, 08:14 PM
The Aussies are late to the party with this - It was central Scotland and Falkirk who trailblazed this kind of matchday experience.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1627856/falkirk-fans-get-chance-to-watch-scottish-championship-clash-against-dumbarton-from-a-pitch-side-hot-tub/amp/

Jumbo
23-11-2017, 08:15 PM
Did they not have that at Falkirk one game last season :confused:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/alternative-review-of-the-season-2016-17-1-4463161

found it, not quite so glamorous :greengrin

jgl07
23-11-2017, 08:17 PM
As long as Gary Locke is kept well way from it!

hibby6270
23-11-2017, 09:32 PM

Would a tick in the box for each of these give you extra Loyalty Points?

monktonharp
23-11-2017, 09:41 PM
I think this stuff is probably more relative to the likes of the Red Lichties ground (Arbroath fc ) in Scotland. can picture it now, open at one end with a seapool, where the waves just slash over those hardy Lichties fans to cool them down, during disputed hand ball decisions etc

Alan62
23-11-2017, 10:56 PM
Would a tick in the box for each of these give you extra Loyalty Points?

No. Loyalty points have as much value as a Vladimir Romanov share certificate.

theonlywayisup
25-11-2017, 10:14 AM
Maybe a bit cold for it today!!!

https://www.standard.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/hero_tablet/public/thumbnails/image/2017/11/23/09/worldsport2311c.jpg

Bristolhibby
25-11-2017, 10:25 AM
Can you imagine it though. Twenty people in a pool bevvying but not one single trip to the bogs.

It will be neat pish by the end of a cricket game.

J

snooky
25-11-2017, 10:31 AM
The thought of someone old enough to have been at the 0-7 turning up there in budgie smugglers may well keep me awake tonight. 😲

I lost my budgie a long time ago :embarrass .......... but I was at the 0-7 game. :hyper

Hibs1969
25-11-2017, 09:56 PM
I've been at the test match at the Gabba for the last 3 days and can categorically confirm that it is much hotter than ER will ever be. Positively scorching ☀️��. The pool is a decent gimmick but I'd rather be in it first thing in the morning than later in the afternoon for sure. My son was proudly wearing his Hibs shirt on the first day so be assured that the Hibees were represented at the Ashes.

theonlywayisup
26-11-2017, 06:42 AM
I've been at the test match at the Gabba for the last 3 days and can categorically confirm that it is much hotter than ER will ever be. Positively scorching ☀️��. The pool is a decent gimmick but I'd rather be in it first thing in the morning than later in the afternoon for sure. My son was proudly wearing his Hibs shirt on the first day so be assured that the Hibees were represented at the Ashes.

Sounds like a great experience for you and your son. Not a fan of cricket, but I imagine it would be a great experience.

Yes - not many days when it's 27/28 degrees at Easter Road. Sounds like the Aussies were a bit too hot for the English also.