PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: INTRODUCING EDEN MILL'S GLORY GLORY HIBERNIAN DRY GIN

Pages : 1 [2]

gaz1875
16-12-2017, 02:43 PM
Just got an email from DPD saying I have a delivery on Monday, I am guessing its my Gin ordered on the 29/11/2017, keep the faith those who are still waiting lol

IWasThere2016
16-12-2017, 07:52 PM
The beer I ordered with my £10 credit arrived very quickly.

My beer (IPA and Blonde) arrived in 48 hours .. gin? Your guess is as good as EM - no answers to recent emails!

The Pointer
16-12-2017, 08:15 PM
Now I don't know the difference between the ingredients in the 'Hibs' gin and the similarly bottled with green text Eden Mill gin I saw in Tesco Oban today, but the latter cost £19.95 for (I think) the same size of bottle. Quite a difference.

Despite this I was going to order some but the delivery charge for sending it to the west coast is horrendous, i.e. well into double figures. Next day delivery to the central belt is just over a fiver.

I'd like to buy some because of the Hibs titling and connection but I won't be ripped off.

Ronniekirk
17-12-2017, 08:52 AM
Now I don't know the difference between the ingredients in the 'Hibs' gin and the similarly bottled with green text Eden Mill gin I saw in Tesco Oban today, but the latter cost £19.95 for (I think) the same size of bottle. Quite a difference.

Despite this I was going to order some but the delivery charge for sending it to the west coast is horrendous, i.e. well into double figures. Next day delivery to the central belt is just over a fiver.

I'd like to buy some because of the Hibs titling and connection but I won't be ripped off.

Dont pay for next day delivery I did and it took four and a half days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pointer
17-12-2017, 02:43 PM
Thing is, when you put your post code in it automatically gives you 'Standard Delivery - UK Remote' at £14.17 ex VAT making the whole deal £49.50!

This is a common occurrence and it fair boils my p*** being ripped off by the delivery companies. I'm not in the Highlands and Islands and I live right on a trunk road 2hrs from Glasgow and delivery vans pass my door all the time. I bet they don't charge extra to deliver to Penzance.

There won't be Eden Mill gin in ********* this Christmas.

:grr: :yw:

lyonhibs
17-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Still waiting - order status is stuck at checking. Absolutely farcical from Eden Mill that 17 days after an order it's still not on the move.

Mine has FINALLY been delivered by DPD. As you say, a farce. Keep e-mailing them though

Lancs Harp
17-12-2017, 04:57 PM
Mine has FINALLY been delivered by DPD. As you say, a farce. Keep e-mailing them though

If its anything like my online Christmas shopping experience the fault may well lie with DPD. The words f*****g hopeless vastly overrates them.

Lancs Harp
17-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Is the gin any good fellas? Not much of a gin drinker myself. or does the word Hibs make it taste better? :greengrin

To be honest my Ecosse friends Im a bit disappointed you are all fawning over a poncy english beverage when you produce the worlds finest.:greengrin:wink:

The Pointer
17-12-2017, 10:56 PM
I've always thought we made most of the gin produced in this country. Plenty wee, and I mean wee, places up here making their own stuff. Try Beinn an Tuirc gin from Torrisdale in Kintyre. The dug's (or boar's) baws.

Lancs Harp
17-12-2017, 11:03 PM
I've always thought we made most of the gin produced in this country. Plenty wee, and I mean wee, places up here making their own stuff. Try Beinn an Tuirc gin from Torrisdale in Kintyre. The dug's (or boar's) baws.

Gin is Englands national spirit. Gin is to England what Whisky is to Scotland, sort of :wink:

calumhibee1
18-12-2017, 05:15 AM
My beer (IPA and Blonde) arrived in 48 hours .. gin? Your guess is as good as EM - no answers to recent emails!

I bought two bottles. They arrived after 5 days or so which is absolutely fine, but one of them was smashed to bits. 3 emails and over 2 weeks later and I’ve still not had a reply.

Bristolhibby
18-12-2017, 06:31 AM
If its anything like my online Christmas shopping experience the fault may well lie with DPD. The words f*****g hopeless vastly overrates them.

Funny I’m always really pleased with DPD.

Their app is brilliant, you can real time track your delivery driver with his list of drops.

J

The Spaceman
18-12-2017, 06:50 AM
Ordered x2 at the pre-sale...still haven't arrived.

Have sent a couple of emails but no response...really poor!

GlesgaeHibby
18-12-2017, 07:48 AM
Ordered x2 at the pre-sale...still haven't arrived.

Have sent a couple of emails but no response...really poor!

Very poor. Shame, especially after very good previous dealings with Eden Mill - the gin tour is superb.

Galahibby
18-12-2017, 09:58 AM
New batch on sale if anyone missed out https://www.edenmill.com/glory-glory-hibernian-dry-gin-c-41-p-45593

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Mikey
18-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Mine has finally arrived.

Leithenhibby
18-12-2017, 08:48 PM
I ordered one at lunchtime today, and got word from DPD that it's due to arrive tomorrow....👍 that's service for you😊

GGTTH

gaz1875
18-12-2017, 09:10 PM

Mine arrived today...well sort of, my 3 bottles of Hibs Gin turned into 2 bottles and a bottle of the Celtic Gin. Its only taken 19 days to get it wrong :faf: how long before I get a reply to sort out :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
20-12-2017, 10:48 AM

Same. Cheers pal :cheers:

As I stated above EM's comms are poor. IMHO, the company - good on it - has gotten too big, too soon, for their leadership to cope however.

FifeHibs
20-12-2017, 11:34 AM
How does it taste?

lyonhibs
20-12-2017, 11:47 AM
Anyone else receive the comedy gold "order by 3pm today for delivery by Christmas" email from them 😂😂

In fairness, it didn't actually specify which year......

danhibees1875
20-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Arrived this afternoon! If anyone is struggling I recommend the Facebook page as a source of contact, they sorted it out very quickly.

weststandhibby
20-12-2017, 04:00 PM
Ordered on Monday at 2 delivered Tuesday at 3. That was standard delivery I paid for. Now deciding whether to drink or keep for a special occasion around May one year 😉

Jay
25-12-2017, 11:10 AM
Got a bottle for my Christmas from my son. Apparently first bottle was smashed when it arrived but a quick phone call and another was sent out immediately and arrived next day.

therealgavmac
25-12-2017, 11:31 AM
Got a bottle for my Christmas from my son. Apparently first bottle was smashed when it arrived but a quick phone call and another was sent out immediately and arrived next day.

I got a bottle today from my dogs..... I want to know where they got the money from!

Jay
25-12-2017, 11:38 AM
I got a bottle today from my dogs..... I want to know where they got the money from!

What??? My dogs gave me nothing! :greengrin

Buc
25-12-2017, 11:49 AM
I’m delighted that my wife and daughters don’t speak to each other😉. I got two bottles👍👍

John_R_Corbett
25-12-2017, 11:50 AM
What??? My dogs gave me nothing! :greengrinThey'll be in the dog house now then :rolleyes: :greengrin

sleeping giant
25-12-2017, 11:56 AM
I got a bottle but I'm torn between keeping it or drinking it.

Sir David of Gray now has a star named after him too :-)

MSK
25-12-2017, 12:00 PM
I got a bottle but I'm torn between keeping it or drinking it.

Sir David of Gray now has a star named after him too :-)Mines is getting tanned 😆 as an aside, bet hibs made a fortune wi there Bawbags boxer shorts, bloody comfy they are tae 😆

sleeping giant
25-12-2017, 12:02 PM
Mines is getting tanned 😆 as an aside, bet hibs made a fortune wi there Bawbags boxer shorts, bloody comfy they are tae 😆

:faf:

Didn't see those .

Disappointed I didn't get the Jammies too.

MSK
25-12-2017, 12:05 PM
:faf:

Didn't see those .

Disappointed I didn't get the Jammies too.The boxers are enough mate 😆

danhibees1875
25-12-2017, 12:16 PM
The gin is actually pretty nice I have to say! :agree:

Worth the month wait :greengrin

erin go bragh
25-12-2017, 12:22 PM
I’ve just received a bottle from my Son . It would be rude not to drink it .
But I will be keeping the bottle . glory glory.

easty
25-12-2017, 12:27 PM
The gin is actually pretty nice I have to say! :agree:

Worth the month wait :greengrin

Can you taste the Easter road turf?

danhibees1875
25-12-2017, 12:28 PM
Can you taste the Easter road turf?

Tastes just like the 18 yard box at the famous five end. :agree:

sleeping giant
26-12-2017, 10:28 AM
What's everyone having with it?
The bottle recommends a slice of Lime , my colleague recommends a slice of cucumber but on the rare occasions I drink Gin , I've always had Lemon.

Hoping my jambo mate has humble pie with his :greengrin

3pm
26-12-2017, 10:36 AM
The bottle recommends a slice of Lime , my colleague recommends a slice of cucumber but on the rare occasions I drink Gin , I've always had Lemon.

Had it with Fever Tree tonic and some lime the other night - it was great!

overdrive
26-12-2017, 09:25 PM

Always lime with gin with the odd exception, e.g. cucumber with Hendricks. We went to the Eden Mill distillery a couple of New Years ago and there was one they recommended to have with chilli.

Northernhibee
26-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Always lime with gin with the odd exception, e.g. cucumber with Hendricks. We went to the Eden Mill distillery a couple of New Years ago and there was one they recommended to have with chilli.

Doesn't the mince go all sludgy?

Edinburgh Green
26-12-2017, 09:51 PM

Yip, that’s how if have my gins. No and again I’ll stick a small dash of elderflower cordial in it as well.